Amyris Homme 2012 Eau de Toilette

Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Virginia cedarVirginia cedar
Brazilian tonka bean absoluteBrazilian tonka bean absolute
SaffronSaffron
Caribbean amyrisCaribbean amyris
Florentine irisFlorentine iris
Sicilian mandarin orangeSicilian mandarin orange
Moroccan rosemaryMoroccan rosemary

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 22.10.2021.

A really nice Immergeher
Amyris Homme, a classic MFK fragrance and the scent that has hooked me the most from MFK. It's so incredibly simple in your DNA and at the same time makes a quality impression - not a lot of frills - just smell good. That said, I personally got a very slight and nostalgic drugstore vibe when I first smelled the scent. But, before I get stoned, let me briefly describe and explain.

The scent
Fresh, classy, soft and slightly fruity. I know a single reference fragrance that reminds me personally strongly of this - and that is Lamborghini - Intenso. Previously at Rossmann my absolute favorite. However, since I haven't smelled this one in a long time, I don't know if you can detect any similarities these days (does it even exist anymore?). However, when I first sprayed it on, I immediately thought of Intenso. Am I really the only one who associates Amyris Homme with this fragrance? However - Amyris reaches nobler and higher quality.

Durability/Sillage
For a fresh fragrance totally fine! Good 6-7 hours it lasts with me and projects just right - not really room-filling, but also not too weak, so that you are definitely perceived as a good smelling person when shopping.

Wearability
Amyris can be worn anywhere, anytime. The only exception would be for me the club or disco or similar venues, as he would tend to go down there because of this soft / smoothness and not bitter freshness. Target audience would be broad here, you can wear it as a teen, but also as a man over 30. If you still had a sweet / heavy fragrance as a supplement, you would need in life only 2 fragrances - and Amyris would be one of the two.

Conclusion:
Amyris Homme is a fresh, noble and slightly sweet fragrance that can actually be worn anywhere during the day. One does not polarize, does not tick off, but one is definitely noticed. Again, I would say that it's very hard not to like it and should any woman be reading this and not have a gift idea for your man yet, this fragrance would definitely be an option if you're willing to spend the money on it. Same goes for best mate etc of course. :)

If I had to describe this fragrance in 3-4 words, they would be - fresh elegant everyday fragrance.
The "normal" MFK
I had already looked forward to the "Normalo" of MFK. Since the rest of the fragrances are rather special and come across too extravagant in everyday life.
At first sniff I was convinced. He smells very fresh, spicy and woody.
It reminds me as many here have already said of Boss Bottled but I also get 1 million vibes.
The scent is very pleasing, doesn't clash and is easy to wear.
Sounds good, doesn't it?
Only unfortunately, that describes most other fragrances that I can find in a standard perfumery. These are even often cheaper and last longer.
Which brings me to my next point of criticism.
The longevity is no more than acceptable. No one in my environment perceives this fragrance.
While I get compliments on Baccarat Rouge 540 and Masculin Pluriel very often, Amyris Homme is mostly not commented on. And when I ask how I smell today, I usually get as an answer "quite good actually."

I knew that Ammyris Homme wouldn't smell as spectacular as other fragrances from the house of MFK. But I still imagined that the fragrance has something exciting about it. Just a Kurkdjian suitable for everyday use.
This is very suitable for everyday use but it does not smell like a Kurkdjian for me.

My first...
My first niche fragrance. I bought it at auction blind when I started getting more serious about 7 years ago with my collection. When I first smelled it, it was a big surprise. I've never known anything like it in the mainstream. Completely different. Something new. This fragrance is the very beginning of my niche world. It is still absolutely unique, it can be worn anytime and anywhere. It is certainly wearable by a woman. Although I already have dozens more niche scents in my collection, I will never forget the first one that opened the door for me. And it's so good, I keep coming back to it.
Sigginator06
Yes, no, yes, no, yes......
I would like to be brief here.
My goodness does this fragrance give me problems! Amyris Homme reminds me 60% of YSL L'Homme + 20 Boss Bottled EdT + 20% independent spice. Doesn't sound exciting, it's not. I couldn't wear the YSL after a few wears, something was bothering me. The Boss accompanied me for a long time, felt strong and invigorating. The feeling does not come up with the MFK. Clear thing actually!
Actually...
Well, I still can not get away from the sample.
He smells good, but still very familiar and ordinary.
It's nicely tuned, but at the same time very expensive.
It's addictive, but hardly smells seductive.
It lasts a working day under the shirt, but remains only perceptible to the wearer himself.
It's incredibly versatile, but at the same time lacks statement appeal.
In the shopping cart and out again. Good offer seen and back in. Really buy it? I don't dare. Do I have regrets? Should I just put the click?
I don't know. Maybe you do.
The controlled temptation
As is so often the case with fragrances, it is the individual notes of a composition that are particularly striking and nevertheless suggest a certain similarity to already familiar ones. Whether it is actually this one component (note) or the interplay of several (chords) of the pyramid that can be held responsible for this is questionable or, better, not proven. How, when, by what and why subjective associations are evoked is, in my opinion, an extremely neuropsychological process, which proceeds differently from person to person and consequently cannot be explained with a standardized model.

So it does not remain out of the question that one ponders from time to time and even racks one's brains about where this or that impression has already been perceived before. Sometimes it comes to the realization. More often, however, this remains out.
Maybe it is a sensual paradox, but possibly just another (more or less) untrained nose, respectively an inexperienced olfactory consciousness.
Caught in this, as unsatisfactory perceived situation of being thrown open, this thought is perhaps a comforting one: the memory of a smell and the inability to assign it conscientiously and accurately arises from an evolutionary handout, which should help to be able to discover new things for life. So to speak, a genetic setting of the course, of a universally valid process of forgetting. This can be regarded as a truly life-sustaining institution, it is nothing less than the origin of continuous pleasure in everyday events.

This, or something similar, may be the introduction to a paper when the descriptive endeavor turns into an attempt at explanation to be rooted "far out" on a holistic level of abstraction.
The fact that MFK Amyris Homme (EdT) in my subjective perception is directly related to this, stems less from the agreement of the previously established and admittedly deliberately steeply formulated thesis, but rather from the fact that it has ultimately presented itself differently in the present case.
Whereas yesterday I was wholly caught up in affirming this thesis, today for the first time I am able to qualify it, though not entirely refute it. The ongoing examination of the fragrance dynamics allows me to establish the, initially believed hidden association, with a view to the temporal development in the drydown yet. This sets m.E. due to a rather moderate durability, quite quickly, albeit abruptly. Namely, exactly when the rather top-heavy, masculine freshness has evaporated and the soothing freshness and cleanliness radiating iris (iris) is felt to be receding. What comes next is the grandeur already announced in the title, and truly controlled-seductive ambivalence. The fragrance now appears a few shades darker, though not necessarily heavier. The entering, rounded sweetness of the tonka bean makes the appearance eerily shallow and harmonious. To me, the progression of MFK Amyris Homme towards the base reminds me, to some extent, of a prominent Italian designer that comes in a fitted, black glass bottle. In contrast, the performance in MFK appears much more sedate and subtle.
Ultimately, both are of course a rather unequal pair, since structure, pyramid and not least the target group associated with it - certainly also justifiable in terms of price - have some differences. What the one wants so badly, the other one shows off rather subtly. With a very fine, ensnaring and creamy, in parts vanilla-suggestive note, it strikes "towards the end" the quiet, but still more amicable tones. That is altogether round and pleasant.
Simplicity - The introvert at MFK
I personally like fragrances that are refreshing. That put me in a good mood and with which you can have a good time. All that applies to this one.

That it is said that it could also pass as a designer fragrance, that is true in my opinion. Is it therefore wrong?

That it is said that he seems somehow boring? Simply citrusy and that was it? That is also true in parts. Does that make it wrong?

The fragrance certainly knows not to put itself in the foreground, even if he always seems present. With its deliberately chosen simplicity, he should not. For this, there are various other candidates from the house MFK, which come into question for such purposes. The fragrance itself acts very linear and changes, if at all, only minimally.

Certainly it is not a Grand Soir or Oud Satin Mood, let alone a BCR 540, it is miles away from that. As a personality, you'd say he was an introvert.
He just stays simple - and thus for me just good. - –
The all-rounder
There's always talk, arguing and ranting here about all-rounders, crowdpleasers, pantydroppers, or other ways of classifying fragrances. Pah. Completely superfluous, I just wanted to say so. Don't talk, buy this one. Done.

Similar to all-round cleaning products that create everything in the household, the garden, the garage, the car/moped/two-wheeler/tricycle/runner and the yacht, this masterpiece can be used. It's that simple. For anyone who thinks they have too big a collection: Sell it all. Buy this one. Done.

You have a date for coffee at the cafe in the spring? Fits.
You want to take a nice trip to the countryside in the summer? Fits.
You want to take a walk through the woods in the fall? Fits.
You'd like to have a scent that doesn't drown out the aroma of the Martinmas goose? Fits.
You're an ophthalmologist and you don't want to disturb patients in hand-to-hand combat? Fits.
You're a hairdresser? Your customers will love you. Fits.
You're a lawyer and you don't want to annoy the judge? Fits.
You're a driving instructor and you have a hard time ventilating on the highway? Fits.
You work in an office with lots of people and don't want to rub anyone the wrong way? Fits.
You have a crush on a co-worker? Passes. (She'll notice that and you.)
You want to stand out positively to the supplier? You will.
You're having a series marathon with dear friends? Yep! Fits.
You're young? Fits.
Old? Yeah, still fits.
You have any gender? Hey, great, fits too!
(By mistake, the perfume was called "Homme", the person in charge was distracted because he was cleaning his shoes with his 16-in-1 polish on the side.)

You'll get through the day just fine in every single scenario, maybe even the night.

For me, this is probably the most beautiful unisex fragrance I've gotten under my nose so far.

The transparent-woody tones paired with the warmth, the subtle floral note, the delicate sweetness, the effervescence of the tangerine as well as the slightly tart spiciness of rosemary simply always know how to shine and impress.
The fragrance is noble, very finely tuned and has an incredibly beautiful aura that stands out, but does not shriek. Understatement in a class of its own, which bewitches, caresses, lulls, keeps fresh, lets you melt away, subtly sexy and well-groomed, the wearer delicately scented and yet striking.

Thank you so much for the generous sample, it really hit home and blew me away. I am very grateful to have met him. He knows more and more how to impress me. Merci
Totally amyrighted!
I kind of feel like I need to work on the scent.
When I look at the rating and the many comments that give the fragrance the stamp of designer or shower fragrance, I clearly have to disagree. I am also completely enthusiastic about Amyris Homme, which I think you can see from the review. And I would like to take my enthusiasm into account with this comment, so that I can win over people who might like the fragrance as much as I do.

#Amyris and Iris
This brings us to an important point: I think that many people put the fragrance in the designer drawer because it is very pleasing. Fresh and yet sweet, heavy and yet light at the same time. That's often the secret recipe for the designer fragrances at Douglas, which are simply meant to appeal to many people. The critics here are already right. BUT: On the one hand, I think that Amyris gives the fragrance an incredibly beautiful and unique character. As Pollita wrote in her commentary, Amyris has a calming effect, which I feel the same way. The fragrance simply radiates a certain calmness. Not only that. I haven't found the Amyris note in any other perfume yet, and it's very complex. The way I perceive it, a floral-woody and even slightly fruity note is created by it.
Besides, for me, it is in any case lost that the fragrance contains iris: Iris is another name for the scent iris. Iris is one of my absolute favourite notes, which can also be found in Prada L'Homme. Iris gives an incredible freshness to the whole thing and balances the sweet notes, like the tonka bean, beautifully and goes into a dance with the amyris.

#Scent experience
To which place would the fragrance best fit? For me, it would clearly be a walk along a Mediterranean coast:
The sun is already low. I am on the beach of a mountainous coastal area. The pines and bushes that cover the mountains next to me give off a pleasant spicy smell. Do I smell rosemary? The sand under my bare feet feels nice and warm. While the setting sun and the air heated up during the day give me a feeling of security, I also feel the cool iris air in the evening. In front of me I see a dried out tree trunk in the sand, which fits wonderfully into the landscape. The sun is slowly setting while I light a campfire at the tree trunk. There are tonka beans. I listen to Reykjavik from Joachim Pastor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYfADOlstwc) and watch the sun slowly setting and the sea turning a soft orange-red.

#Progress and associations
I would describe the fragrance as the Prada L'Homme of the niche world. Although it bears more resemblance to Sun Men. If you can speak of similarities at all, because as I said, the fragrance smells very unique.
The top note starts with a sweet-fruity, spicy, slightly pungent note. The tangerine is very fresh and gets a bit peppy by the rosemary.
Later, I have associations of a peach and apple note, which could arise in the combination of the top notes with the heart notes. The iris gives a nice, clean and slightly feminine impression.
In the base finally it becomes sweeter, due to the tonka bean, which is powdery and smells delicious. I also get a tingling smell in the nose, as well as a flowery and soapy one, which is probably due to the Amyris.
With the Sillage and durability you really have to make compromises. However, I also assume that the ingredients are natural oils, which I can't prove, but I conclude that this is due to the lack of durability of the fragrance and the indication of origin of the scents like "Brazilian tonka bean".
The fragrance becomes almost skin-tight after 4 hours and gives up the ghost after 7 hours. The Sillage is never really big, but it gives the wearer a nice aura and you leave a pleasant scent strip.

#Summary
Amyris Homme. For some, an ordinary designer. For others, a fragrance that can enchant. That's how I see it.
The fragrance is never obtrusive and radiates a sweet and calm aura.
Nevertheless, some concessions must be made. The shelf life and sillage are not that long and the price is with 160€ for 70ml in the shop definitely too expensive. You should look for offers there.
Nevertheless, the scent didn't let me go and I fought for my well-deserved comment

Manly sweet scent
At the first sniff, Amyris homme gives me a sense of sweetness and a little hint of freshness of citrous and floral. As an old school man, I usually avoid the sweet scents, and in my opinion Amyris homme is far too sweet for my taste, but after a while I change my mind.

I tried it at MFK shop. Immediately after first sniffed from the testing paper, I told the shopping assistance that " It's far too sweet and it is not my type". I kept the testing paper and came home. On the way home I cannot stop to sniff that testing paper. I sniffed it again and again. After a while I admitted to myself that "I love this kind of sweetness".

I don't know how Mr. Kurkdjian blend this scent. It is very sweet but in the good masculine way. I can feel that it is the scents of the luxury but easy to wear. I can imagine about a successful kind man. I can imagine about a man who had more than enough and try to give more than to earn more.

Next day I returned to buy this juice. I used it very often as my signature scents. It is very versatile, I mainly used it in office time and with 2 more sprays it can be used for evening events too.

The longevity of this scent is about 6-8 hours, not bad for EDT version. Suitable for summer and spring. Worth for your money.
Mfk amyris
Francis kurdjian's fragrances combine aroma chemicals and nature in a quality and aesthetics as beautiful as no other perfume house. Or do you? At least not in the price category. The more fragrances you smell, the more you appreciate quality.
While Kilian, pdm for example, probably spends a lot of money on flacons, here I find a good mediocrity of juice and packaging.
I like all the men's fragrances from mfk.
But all of them have something that I do not like.
With amyris, despite its quality, it is any relationship to drugstore fragrances. Clearly easy to like, easy to wear, but then again nothing special. A Grand soir is too clumsy for me Opulent vanilla, masculine plural to oldschool
Silver fluidity only smells great on the test strip & after 2 hours only simple vanilla wood remains. Baccarat is baccarat and will be copied more than aventus in the near future. And there are already dupes at zara for 12€. It's also a compliment, which should make Mr. Kurdjian happy because it will have a positive effect on the sales. Aqua universalis or vitae are not strong enough for me. Even if the house has something to offer for everyone, I don't find anything really interesting except apom and lumiere. And here too, some sculpture drugstore and oldschool vibe resonate.
Tastes are of course different and I think the house makes quality fragrances with easy to like dna's.
I know too little about oud to exclude the oud row from this. I've never smelled petit matin and pour le sois before.

Amyris
Is fresh, aromatic, with a nice pinch of pepper and light green rosemary.
Creamy wood with beautiful tonka sweetness,
However, the most dominant aroma is that of iris, which is related to lavender,
A really beautiful creation that fits perfectly into the spring. Perfect for the daytime.
I have sold it nevertheless since it is too arbitrary for me as already mentioned.
For others, the difference to boss bottled will hardly be discernible in the air, even if for you there are worlds in between.
I have found in penhaligons halfeti a successor which is much more complex,
more durable, stronger sillage and much more exceptional is the aromatic elements of amyris Intus has. Of course it is less safe, but beats amyris in all categories except the like ability of the dna.

Amyris can be bought for work or leisure, a rendevouz in the afternoon.
On days when the sun blinks through the clouds.

I like the style of mfk very much and I would like to have all fragrances and like them all, but unfortunately I don't do it for the reasons listed.
But compared to e.g. byredo, Jo malone, mfk is worth its money. Especially since you can't buy amyris in
Souk usually gets so between 90-115 €.

JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 6 months ago
Fresh, clean and sweet scent. Gives me a vibe of fresh laundry hanged in a garden.

Favourite from the whole house.
JulphJulph 1 year ago
The scent of the "GOOD BOSS"

Smart, Polite, not offensive

The sweetness in the bass note hint that your are easy going and down to earth.

by Mustang69
by Fragranceob
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian