Amyris Homme 2012 Eau de Toilette

Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Virginia cedarVirginia cedar
Brazilian tonka bean absoluteBrazilian tonka bean absolute
SaffronSaffron
Caribbean amyrisCaribbean amyris
Florentine irisFlorentine iris
Sicilian mandarin orangeSicilian mandarin orange
Moroccan rosemaryMoroccan rosemary

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 30.07.2021.

Sigginator06
Yes, no, yes, no, yes......
I would like to be brief here.
My goodness does this fragrance give me problems! Amyris Homme reminds me 60% of YSL L'Homme + 20 Boss Bottled EdT + 20% independent spice. Doesn't sound exciting, it's not. I couldn't wear the YSL after a few wears, something was bothering me. The Boss accompanied me for a long time, felt strong and invigorating. The feeling does not come up with the MFK. Clear thing actually!
Actually...
Well, I still can not get away from the sample.
He smells good, but still very familiar and ordinary.
It's nicely tuned, but at the same time very expensive.
It's addictive, but hardly smells seductive.
It lasts a working day under the shirt, but remains only perceptible to the wearer himself.
It's incredibly versatile, but at the same time lacks statement appeal.
In the shopping cart and out again. Good offer seen and back in. Really buy it? I don't dare. Do I have regrets? Should I just put the click?
I don't know. Maybe you do.
The controlled temptation
As is so often the case with fragrances, it is the individual notes of a composition that are particularly striking and nevertheless suggest a certain similarity to already familiar ones. Whether it is actually this one component (note) or the interplay of several (chords) of the pyramid that can be held responsible for this is questionable or, better, not proven. How, when, by what and why subjective associations are evoked is, in my opinion, an extremely neuropsychological process, which proceeds differently from person to person and consequently cannot be explained with a standardized model.

So it does not remain out of the question that one ponders from time to time and even racks one's brains about where this or that impression has already been perceived before. Sometimes it comes to the realization. More often, however, this remains out.
Maybe it is a sensual paradox, but possibly just another (more or less) untrained nose, respectively an inexperienced olfactory consciousness.
Caught in this, as unsatisfactory perceived situation of being thrown open, this thought is perhaps a comforting one: the memory of a smell and the inability to assign it conscientiously and accurately arises from an evolutionary handout, which should help to be able to discover new things for life. So to speak, a genetic setting of the course, of a universally valid process of forgetting. This can be regarded as a truly life-sustaining institution, it is nothing less than the origin of continuous pleasure in everyday events.

This, or something similar, may be the introduction to a paper when the descriptive endeavor turns into an attempt at explanation to be rooted "far out" on a holistic level of abstraction.
The fact that MFK Amyris Homme (EdT) in my subjective perception is directly related to this, stems less from the agreement of the previously established and admittedly deliberately steeply formulated thesis, but rather from the fact that it has ultimately presented itself differently in the present case.
Whereas yesterday I was wholly caught up in affirming this thesis, today for the first time I am able to qualify it, though not entirely refute it. The ongoing examination of the fragrance dynamics allows me to establish the, initially believed hidden association, with a view to the temporal development in the drydown yet. This sets m.E. due to a rather moderate durability, quite quickly, albeit abruptly. Namely, exactly when the rather top-heavy, masculine freshness has evaporated and the soothing freshness and cleanliness radiating iris (iris) is felt to be receding. What comes next is the grandeur already announced in the title, and truly controlled-seductive ambivalence. The fragrance now appears a few shades darker, though not necessarily heavier. The entering, rounded sweetness of the tonka bean makes the appearance eerily shallow and harmonious. To me, the progression of MFK Amyris Homme towards the base reminds me, to some extent, of a prominent Italian designer that comes in a fitted, black glass bottle. In contrast, the performance in MFK appears much more sedate and subtle.
Ultimately, both are of course a rather unequal pair, since structure, pyramid and not least the target group associated with it - certainly also justifiable in terms of price - have some differences. What the one wants so badly, the other one shows off rather subtly. With a very fine, ensnaring and creamy, in parts vanilla-suggestive note, it strikes "towards the end" the quiet, but still more amicable tones. That is altogether round and pleasant.
Simplicity - The introvert at MFK
I personally like fragrances that are refreshing. That put me in a good mood and with which you can have a good time. All that applies to this one.

That it is said that it could also pass as a designer fragrance, that is true in my opinion. Is it therefore wrong?

That it is said that he seems somehow boring? Simply citrusy and that was it? That is also true in parts. Does that make it wrong?

The fragrance certainly knows not to put itself in the foreground, even if he always seems present. With its deliberately chosen simplicity, he should not. For this, there are various other candidates from the house MFK, which come into question for such purposes. The fragrance itself acts very linear and changes, if at all, only minimally.

Certainly it is not a Grand Soir or Oud Satin Mood, let alone a BCR 540, it is miles away from that. As a personality, you'd say he was an introvert.
He just stays simple - and thus for me just good. - –
The all-rounder
There's always talk, arguing and ranting here about all-rounders, crowdpleasers, pantydroppers, or other ways of classifying fragrances. Pah. Completely superfluous, I just wanted to say so. Don't talk, buy this one. Done.

Similar to all-round cleaning products that create everything in the household, the garden, the garage, the car/moped/two-wheeler/tricycle/runner and the yacht, this masterpiece can be used. It's that simple. For anyone who thinks they have too big a collection: Sell it all. Buy this one. Done.

You have a date for coffee at the cafe in the spring? Fits.
You want to take a nice trip to the countryside in the summer? Fits.
You want to take a walk through the woods in the fall? Fits.
You'd like to have a scent that doesn't drown out the aroma of the Martinmas goose? Fits.
You're an ophthalmologist and you don't want to disturb patients in hand-to-hand combat? Fits.
You're a hairdresser? Your customers will love you. Fits.
You're a lawyer and you don't want to annoy the judge? Fits.
You're a driving instructor and you have a hard time ventilating on the highway? Fits.
You work in an office with lots of people and don't want to rub anyone the wrong way? Fits.
You have a crush on a co-worker? Passes. (She'll notice that and you.)
You want to stand out positively to the supplier? You will.
You're having a series marathon with dear friends? Yep! Fits.
You're young? Fits.
Old? Yeah, still fits.
You have any gender? Hey, great, fits too!
(By mistake, the perfume was called "Homme", the person in charge was distracted because he was cleaning his shoes with his 16-in-1 polish on the side.)

You'll get through the day just fine in every single scenario, maybe even the night.

For me, this is probably the most beautiful unisex fragrance I've gotten under my nose so far.

The transparent-woody tones paired with the warmth, the subtle floral note, the delicate sweetness, the effervescence of the tangerine as well as the slightly tart spiciness of rosemary simply always know how to shine and impress.
The fragrance is noble, very finely tuned and has an incredibly beautiful aura that stands out, but does not shriek. Understatement in a class of its own, which bewitches, caresses, lulls, keeps fresh, lets you melt away, subtly sexy and well-groomed, the wearer delicately scented and yet striking.

Thank you so much for the generous sample, it really hit home and blew me away. I am very grateful to have met him. He knows more and more how to impress me. Merci
Totally amyrighted!
I kind of feel like I need to work on the scent.
When I look at the rating and the many comments that give the fragrance the stamp of designer or shower fragrance, I clearly have to disagree. I am also completely enthusiastic about Amyris Homme, which I think you can see from the review. And I would like to take my enthusiasm into account with this comment, so that I can win over people who might like the fragrance as much as I do.

#Amyris and Iris
This brings us to an important point: I think that many people put the fragrance in the designer drawer because it is very pleasing. Fresh and yet sweet, heavy and yet light at the same time. That's often the secret recipe for the designer fragrances at Douglas, which are simply meant to appeal to many people. The critics here are already right. BUT: On the one hand, I think that Amyris gives the fragrance an incredibly beautiful and unique character. As Pollita wrote in her commentary, Amyris has a calming effect, which I feel the same way. The fragrance simply radiates a certain calmness. Not only that. I haven't found the Amyris note in any other perfume yet, and it's very complex. The way I perceive it, a floral-woody and even slightly fruity note is created by it.
Besides, for me, it is in any case lost that the fragrance contains iris: Iris is another name for the scent iris. Iris is one of my absolute favourite notes, which can also be found in Prada L'Homme. Iris gives an incredible freshness to the whole thing and balances the sweet notes, like the tonka bean, beautifully and goes into a dance with the amyris.

#Scent experience
To which place would the fragrance best fit? For me, it would clearly be a walk along a Mediterranean coast:
The sun is already low. I am on the beach of a mountainous coastal area. The pines and bushes that cover the mountains next to me give off a pleasant spicy smell. Do I smell rosemary? The sand under my bare feet feels nice and warm. While the setting sun and the air heated up during the day give me a feeling of security, I also feel the cool iris air in the evening. In front of me I see a dried out tree trunk in the sand, which fits wonderfully into the landscape. The sun is slowly setting while I light a campfire at the tree trunk. There are tonka beans. I listen to Reykjavik from Joachim Pastor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYfADOlstwc) and watch the sun slowly setting and the sea turning a soft orange-red.

#Progress and associations
I would describe the fragrance as the Prada L'Homme of the niche world. Although it bears more resemblance to Sun Men. If you can speak of similarities at all, because as I said, the fragrance smells very unique.
The top note starts with a sweet-fruity, spicy, slightly pungent note. The tangerine is very fresh and gets a bit peppy by the rosemary.
Later, I have associations of a peach and apple note, which could arise in the combination of the top notes with the heart notes. The iris gives a nice, clean and slightly feminine impression.
In the base finally it becomes sweeter, due to the tonka bean, which is powdery and smells delicious. I also get a tingling smell in the nose, as well as a flowery and soapy one, which is probably due to the Amyris.
With the Sillage and durability you really have to make compromises. However, I also assume that the ingredients are natural oils, which I can't prove, but I conclude that this is due to the lack of durability of the fragrance and the indication of origin of the scents like "Brazilian tonka bean".
The fragrance becomes almost skin-tight after 4 hours and gives up the ghost after 7 hours. The Sillage is never really big, but it gives the wearer a nice aura and you leave a pleasant scent strip.

#Summary
Amyris Homme. For some, an ordinary designer. For others, a fragrance that can enchant. That's how I see it.
The fragrance is never obtrusive and radiates a sweet and calm aura.
Nevertheless, some concessions must be made. The shelf life and sillage are not that long and the price is with 160€ for 70ml in the shop definitely too expensive. You should look for offers there.
Nevertheless, the scent didn't let me go and I fought for my well-deserved comment

Manly sweet scent
At the first sniff, Amyris homme gives me a sense of sweetness and a little hint of freshness of citrous and floral. As an old school man, I usually avoid the sweet scents, and in my opinion Amyris homme is far too sweet for my taste, but after a while I change my mind.

I tried it at MFK shop. Immediately after first sniffed from the testing paper, I told the shopping assistance that " It's far too sweet and it is not my type". I kept the testing paper and came home. On the way home I cannot stop to sniff that testing paper. I sniffed it again and again. After a while I admitted to myself that "I love this kind of sweetness".

I don't know how Mr. Kurkdjian blend this scent. It is very sweet but in the good masculine way. I can feel that it is the scents of the luxury but easy to wear. I can imagine about a successful kind man. I can imagine about a man who had more than enough and try to give more than to earn more.

Next day I returned to buy this juice. I used it very often as my signature scents. It is very versatile, I mainly used it in office time and with 2 more sprays it can be used for evening events too.

The longevity of this scent is about 6-8 hours, not bad for EDT version. Suitable for summer and spring. Worth for your money.
Mfk amyris
Francis kurdjian's fragrances combine aroma chemicals and nature in a quality and aesthetics as beautiful as no other perfume house. Or do you? At least not in the price category. The more fragrances you smell, the more you appreciate quality.
While Kilian, pdm for example, probably spends a lot of money on flacons, here I find a good mediocrity of juice and packaging.
I like all the men's fragrances from mfk.
But all of them have something that I do not like.
With amyris, despite its quality, it is any relationship to drugstore fragrances. Clearly easy to like, easy to wear, but then again nothing special. A Grand soir is too clumsy for me Opulent vanilla, masculine plural to oldschool
Silver fluidity only smells great on the test strip & after 2 hours only simple vanilla wood remains. Baccarat is baccarat and will be copied more than aventus in the near future. And there are already dupes at zara for 12€. It's also a compliment, which should make Mr. Kurdjian happy because it will have a positive effect on the sales. Aqua universalis or vitae are not strong enough for me. Even if the house has something to offer for everyone, I don't find anything really interesting except apom and lumiere. And here too, some sculpture drugstore and oldschool vibe resonate.
Tastes are of course different and I think the house makes quality fragrances with easy to like dna's.
I know too little about oud to exclude the oud row from this. I've never smelled petit matin and pour le sois before.

Amyris
Is fresh, aromatic, with a nice pinch of pepper and light green rosemary.
Creamy wood with beautiful tonka sweetness,
However, the most dominant aroma is that of iris, which is related to lavender,
A really beautiful creation that fits perfectly into the spring. Perfect for the daytime.
I have sold it nevertheless since it is too arbitrary for me as already mentioned.
For others, the difference to boss bottled will hardly be discernible in the air, even if for you there are worlds in between.
I have found in penhaligons halfeti a successor which is much more complex,
more durable, stronger sillage and much more exceptional is the aromatic elements of amyris Intus has. Of course it is less safe, but beats amyris in all categories except the like ability of the dna.

Amyris can be bought for work or leisure, a rendevouz in the afternoon.
On days when the sun blinks through the clouds.

I like the style of mfk very much and I would like to have all fragrances and like them all, but unfortunately I don't do it for the reasons listed.
But compared to e.g. byredo, Jo malone, mfk is worth its money. Especially since you can't buy amyris in
Souk usually gets so between 90-115 €.
Not bad at all
MFK's Amyris was an interesting candidate for a niche summer scent that I wanted to buy. My collection so far consisted of oud, amber and frankincense scents. I was looking for a fragrance for the summer that could be worn well on the beach without having to resort to a purely citric scent, as such scents are often a bit too light for me.

So the Amyris with the present note of cariobic Amyris sounded quite interesting. I was able to test both the EdT and the ExdP.

In the test it turned out that the fragrance keeps what it promises. A light scent, not too light. The Amyris wood is perceptible and finally something different in a world of sandalwood and cedar. Rosemary, Tonka, Mandarin are perceptible and harmonize well with the Amyris. They make the fragrance light, but still play a rather subordinate role in my perception.

The sillage is okay for the first two hours, but then it decreases significantly. This is probably mainly due to the fact that I have a very dry skin and therefore often have problems with the projection at EdTs. The durability is quite unexpectedly good. Could the EdT still smell my arm the next day.

The main difference between the EdT and the ExdP is that the EdT is a bit (really just a bit) fresher and the ExdP has a more pronounced, more intense Amyris note. Furthermore the sillage and the durability (Captain Obvious, reporting for duty) is better with the ExdP.

All in all I had to realize that I am not the friend of Amyris wood. The perfume is a good performance and well done by hand. Therefore I don't have to be shy to give a recommendation for all those who can make friends with Amyris.

For the summer, however, I will stick to fragrances with sage, lavender and/or a touch of green. I will keep my 11ml travel bottle Amyris EdT and use it from time to time in summer, but the large bottle will not be included in my collection.

Cheers

Amyris Homme
Have not smelled too many scents that claim to feature the ingredient of amyris. This MFK masculine is named after it, so it immediately sets an expectation before you smell it. Here are my thoughts and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for watching.

Pollita
A fragrance for the transition period
The scent of Amyris is said to have a calming effect. It is said to dispel nervousness and depressive moods and to give optimism. Can't we all use that right now? I researched the Amyris plant because I had no idea how Amyris should smell. If you believe the WWW, then the scent is similar to sandalwood. But the tree itself is also associated with the citrus trees, or is considered a relative of orange, lemon, etc. This would also fit, because Amyris Homme combines these two worlds - citric and woody - in a very pleasant and skilful way.

First of all, I am not an avowed MFK fan. I like some of his creations very much, but for most of them one sprayer too many is enough and I'm out. That's the same with Le Male and also with Gentle Fluidity Silver, which I basically like in terms of scent, but which simply fill rooms too quickly and make me gasp for air. I personally don't like other scents from Kurkdijan at all - for example the wildly mixed Gentle Fluidity Gold. More annoying and exhausting is hardly possible. So no, thanks.

Amyris Homme, on the other hand, is a delicate flatterer who picks me up directly. I'm talking about the EdT today because my boyfriend is wearing this today. We also have test material from the Extrait. Sometime I want to compare the two directly.

The fragrance begins with a citrusy note of mandarin orange, framed by floral notes. The start is almost feminine for my taste. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I could easily wear it myself. After a few hours the woods come into play and create a fine combination of freshness and warmth. For me, the fragrance has something of a transitional period, which we don't even know anymore in our latitudes these days. It combines the warmth that we need in winter with a wonderful spring-like, sometimes even summery freshness. Yes, there is even a delicate hint of ice candy here, similar to Mrs. Goutal's Nuit Etoilée. The woodiness asserts itself more strongly with the wearing time and Tonka brings another nice portion of warmth towards the end. Saffron, which is often critical for me and can become a disturbing factor, fortunately I can't even notice it here.

Whether the Amyris fragrance in this creation rather provides citrus freshness or woodiness, I can't tell. In any case, both scenarios would be suitable from a fragrance point of view. What I especially love here is the relatively moderate Sillage with excellent durability. My husband is not exactly squeamish when spraying, but rather the type much helps a lot. That doesn't matter at all with this scent. He still stays relatively close without getting on other noses. If you get closer, you can perceive a delicate, very pleasant veil of scent. Amyris Homme is therefore perfect for open-plan offices, even though it is a little sweeter and more special in its scent type.

Synthetically, it is a matter of course, like all MFK fragrances. But even the synthetic does not bother me at all with this delicate fragrance. Amyris Homme is a solid evergreen, definitely wearable for the ladies and brings the transition period between winter and spring back to us in an olfactory way. Even if, as every year, we will slip directly from our winter coat into our summer dress or shorts. With Amyris we can delay this process a little ....

JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 3 months ago
Fresh, clean and sweet scent. Gives me a vibe of fresh laundry hanged in a garden.

Favourite from the whole house.
JulphJulph 11 months ago
The scent of the "GOOD BOSS"

Smart, Polite, not offensive

The sweetness in the bass note hint that your are easy going and down to earth.

by Mustang69
by Fragranceob
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian À la Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian