Amyris Homme 2012Eau de Toilette

Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum)

Virginia cedar, Brazilian tonka bean absolute, Saffron, Caribbean amyris, Florentine iris, Sicilian mandarin, Moroccan rosemary

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 24.10.2020.

Totally amyrighted!
I kind of feel like I need to work on the scent.
When I look at the rating and the many comments that give the fragrance the stamp of designer or shower fragrance, I clearly have to disagree. I am also completely enthusiastic about Amyris Homme, which I think you can see from the review. And I would like to take my enthusiasm into account with this comment, so that I can win over people who might like the fragrance as much as I do.

#Amyris and Iris
This brings us to an important point: I think that many people put the fragrance in the designer drawer because it is very pleasing. Fresh and yet sweet, heavy and yet light at the same time. That's often the secret recipe for the designer fragrances at Douglas, which are simply meant to appeal to many people. The critics here are already right. BUT: On the one hand, I think that Amyris gives the fragrance an incredibly beautiful and unique character. As Pollita wrote in her commentary, Amyris has a calming effect, which I feel the same way. The fragrance simply radiates a certain calmness. Not only that. I haven't found the Amyris note in any other perfume yet, and it's very complex. The way I perceive it, a floral-woody and even slightly fruity note is created by it.
Besides, for me, it is in any case lost that the fragrance contains iris: Iris is another name for the scent iris. Iris is one of my absolute favourite notes, which can also be found in Prada L'Homme. Iris gives an incredible freshness to the whole thing and balances the sweet notes, like the tonka bean, beautifully and goes into a dance with the amyris.

#Scent experience
To which place would the fragrance best fit? For me, it would clearly be a walk along a Mediterranean coast:
The sun is already low. I am on the beach of a mountainous coastal area. The pines and bushes that cover the mountains next to me give off a pleasant spicy smell. Do I smell rosemary? The sand under my bare feet feels nice and warm. While the setting sun and the air heated up during the day give me a feeling of security, I also feel the cool iris air in the evening. In front of me I see a dried out tree trunk in the sand, which fits wonderfully into the landscape. The sun is slowly setting while I light a campfire at the tree trunk. There are tonka beans. I listen to Reykjavik from Joachim Pastor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYfADOlstwc) and watch the sun slowly setting and the sea turning a soft orange-red.

#Progress and associations
I would describe the fragrance as the Prada L'Homme of the niche world. Although it bears more resemblance to Sun Men. If you can speak of similarities at all, because as I said, the fragrance smells very unique.
The top note starts with a sweet-fruity, spicy, slightly pungent note. The tangerine is very fresh and gets a bit peppy by the rosemary.
Later, I have associations of a peach and apple note, which could arise in the combination of the top notes with the heart notes. The iris gives a nice, clean and slightly feminine impression.
In the base finally it becomes sweeter, due to the tonka bean, which is powdery and smells delicious. I also get a tingling smell in the nose, as well as a flowery and soapy one, which is probably due to the Amyris.
With the Sillage and durability you really have to make compromises. However, I also assume that the ingredients are natural oils, which I can't prove, but I conclude that this is due to the lack of durability of the fragrance and the indication of origin of the scents like "Brazilian tonka bean".
The fragrance becomes almost skin-tight after 4 hours and gives up the ghost after 7 hours. The Sillage is never really big, but it gives the wearer a nice aura and you leave a pleasant scent strip.

#Summary
Amyris Homme. For some, an ordinary designer. For others, a fragrance that can enchant. That's how I see it.
The fragrance is never obtrusive and radiates a sweet and calm aura.
Nevertheless, some concessions must be made. The shelf life and sillage are not that long and the price is with 160€ for 70ml in the shop definitely too expensive. You should look for offers there.
Nevertheless, the scent didn't let me go and I fought for my well-deserved comment

Manly sweet scent
At the first sniff, Amyris homme gives me a sense of sweetness and a little hint of freshness of citrous and floral. As an old school man, I usually avoid the sweet scents, and in my opinion Amyris homme is far too sweet for my taste, but after a while I change my mind.

I tried it at MFK shop. Immediately after first sniffed from the testing paper, I told the shopping assistance that " It's far too sweet and it is not my type". I kept the testing paper and came home. On the way home I cannot stop to sniff that testing paper. I sniffed it again and again. After a while I admitted to myself that "I love this kind of sweetness".

I don't know how Mr. Kurkdjian blend this scent. It is very sweet but in the good masculine way. I can feel that it is the scents of the luxury but easy to wear. I can imagine about a successful kind man. I can imagine about a man who had more than enough and try to give more than to earn more.

Next day I returned to buy this juice. I used it very often as my signature scents. It is very versatile, I mainly used it in office time and with 2 more sprays it can be used for evening events too.

The longevity of this scent is about 6-8 hours, not bad for EDT version. Suitable for summer and spring. Worth for your money.
Mfk amyris
Francis kurdjian's fragrances combine aroma chemicals and nature in a quality and aesthetics as beautiful as no other perfume house. Or do you? At least not in the price category. The more fragrances you smell, the more you appreciate quality.
While Kilian, pdm for example, probably spends a lot of money on flacons, here I find a good mediocrity of juice and packaging.
I like all the men's fragrances from mfk.
But all of them have something that I do not like.
With amyris, despite its quality, it is any relationship to drugstore fragrances. Clearly easy to like, easy to wear, but then again nothing special. A Grand soir is too clumsy for me Opulent vanilla, masculine plural to oldschool
Silver fluidity only smells great on the test strip & after 2 hours only simple vanilla wood remains. Baccarat is baccarat and will be copied more than aventus in the near future. And there are already dupes at zara for 12€. It's also a compliment, which should make Mr. Kurdjian happy because it will have a positive effect on the sales. Aqua universalis or vitae are not strong enough for me. Even if the house has something to offer for everyone, I don't find anything really interesting except apom and lumiere. And here too, some sculpture drugstore and oldschool vibe resonate.
Tastes are of course different and I think the house makes quality fragrances with easy to like dna's.
I know too little about oud to exclude the oud row from this. I've never smelled petit matin and pour le sois before.

Amyris
Is fresh, aromatic, with a nice pinch of pepper and light green rosemary.
Creamy wood with beautiful tonka sweetness,
However, the most dominant aroma is that of iris, which is related to lavender,
A really beautiful creation that fits perfectly into the spring. Perfect for the daytime.
I have sold it nevertheless since it is too arbitrary for me as already mentioned.
For others, the difference to boss bottled will hardly be discernible in the air, even if for you there are worlds in between.
I have found in penhaligons halfeti a successor which is much more complex,
more durable, stronger sillage and much more exceptional is the aromatic elements of amyris Intus has. Of course it is less safe, but beats amyris in all categories except the like ability of the dna.

Amyris can be bought for work or leisure, a rendevouz in the afternoon.
On days when the sun blinks through the clouds.

I like the style of mfk very much and I would like to have all fragrances and like them all, but unfortunately I don't do it for the reasons listed.
But compared to e.g. byredo, Jo malone, mfk is worth its money. Especially since you can't buy amyris in
Souk usually gets so between 90-115 €.
Not bad at all
MFK's Amyris was an interesting candidate for a niche summer scent that I wanted to buy. My collection so far consisted of oud, amber and frankincense scents. I was looking for a fragrance for the summer that could be worn well on the beach without having to resort to a purely citric scent, as such scents are often a bit too light for me.

So the Amyris with the present note of cariobic Amyris sounded quite interesting. I was able to test both the EdT and the ExdP.

In the test it turned out that the fragrance keeps what it promises. A light scent, not too light. The Amyris wood is perceptible and finally something different in a world of sandalwood and cedar. Rosemary, Tonka, Mandarin are perceptible and harmonize well with the Amyris. They make the fragrance light, but still play a rather subordinate role in my perception.

The sillage is okay for the first two hours, but then it decreases significantly. This is probably mainly due to the fact that I have a very dry skin and therefore often have problems with the projection at EdTs. The durability is quite unexpectedly good. Could the EdT still smell my arm the next day.

The main difference between the EdT and the ExdP is that the EdT is a bit (really just a bit) fresher and the ExdP has a more pronounced, more intense Amyris note. Furthermore the sillage and the durability (Captain Obvious, reporting for duty) is better with the ExdP.

All in all I had to realize that I am not the friend of Amyris wood. The perfume is a good performance and well done by hand. Therefore I don't have to be shy to give a recommendation for all those who can make friends with Amyris.

For the summer, however, I will stick to fragrances with sage, lavender and/or a touch of green. I will keep my 11ml travel bottle Amyris EdT and use it from time to time in summer, but the large bottle will not be included in my collection.

Cheers

Amyris Homme
Have not smelled too many scents that claim to feature the ingredient of amyris. This MFK masculine is named after it, so it immediately sets an expectation before you smell it. Here are my thoughts and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for watching.

Pollita
A fragrance for the transition period
The scent of Amyris is said to have a calming effect. It is said to dispel nervousness and depressive moods and to give optimism. Can't we all use that right now? I researched the Amyris plant because I had no idea how Amyris should smell. If you believe the WWW, then the scent is similar to sandalwood. But the tree itself is also associated with the citrus trees, or is considered a relative of orange, lemon, etc. This would also fit, because Amyris Homme combines these two worlds - citric and woody - in a very pleasant and skilful way.

First of all, I am not an avowed MFK fan. I like some of his creations very much, but for most of them one sprayer too many is enough and I'm out. That's the same with Le Male and also with Gentle Fluidity Silver, which I basically like in terms of scent, but which simply fill rooms too quickly and make me gasp for air. I personally don't like other scents from Kurkdijan at all - for example the wildly mixed Gentle Fluidity Gold. More annoying and exhausting is hardly possible. So no, thanks.

Amyris Homme, on the other hand, is a delicate flatterer who picks me up directly. I'm talking about the EdT today because my boyfriend is wearing this today. We also have test material from the Extrait. Sometime I want to compare the two directly.

The fragrance begins with a citrusy note of mandarin orange, framed by floral notes. The start is almost feminine for my taste. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I could easily wear it myself. After a few hours the woods come into play and create a fine combination of freshness and warmth. For me, the fragrance has something of a transitional period, which we don't even know anymore in our latitudes these days. It combines the warmth that we need in winter with a wonderful spring-like, sometimes even summery freshness. Yes, there is even a delicate hint of ice candy here, similar to Mrs. Goutal's Nuit Etoilée. The woodiness asserts itself more strongly with the wearing time and Tonka brings another nice portion of warmth towards the end. Saffron, which is often critical for me and can become a disturbing factor, fortunately I can't even notice it here.

Whether the Amyris fragrance in this creation rather provides citrus freshness or woodiness, I can't tell. In any case, both scenarios would be suitable from a fragrance point of view. What I especially love here is the relatively moderate Sillage with excellent durability. My husband is not exactly squeamish when spraying, but rather the type much helps a lot. That doesn't matter at all with this scent. He still stays relatively close without getting on other noses. If you get closer, you can perceive a delicate, very pleasant veil of scent. Amyris Homme is therefore perfect for open-plan offices, even though it is a little sweeter and more special in its scent type.

Synthetically, it is a matter of course, like all MFK fragrances. But even the synthetic does not bother me at all with this delicate fragrance. Amyris Homme is a solid evergreen, definitely wearable for the ladies and brings the transition period between winter and spring back to us in an olfactory way. Even if, as every year, we will slip directly from our winter coat into our summer dress or shorts. With Amyris we can delay this process a little ....
MTT
Berlin turns nice people into crazy junkies
Almost a year and a half ago, an acquaintance recommended a perfume to me that he liked very much. Somehow I got curious, so I left
Berlin Ku'damm, Karstadt
"Excuse me, I can't find that perfume, do you have it?"
"Hmm, ne I don't know, maybe ask Douglas."

Berlin Ku'damm, Douglas, 10min later
"Excuse me, I can't find that perfume, do you have it?"
"Hmm, ne that I have never seen before, maybe ask in the KaDeWe."

Berlin Ku'damm, KaDeWe, 15min later
"Excuse me, I can't find that perfume, do you happen to have it?"
"Hmm, Kurkdjian... please follow me."

And from then on, a whole new world opened up in my life. I was limited to Douglas at that time and had no idea that there were still so many different perfumes out there.

So I follow the guy through the KaDeWe, I feel really strange, into a small corner under the escalator (at that time MFK did not have its own stand there). Show the photo again to a lady there, who sprays it on a test strip and gives it to me (I didn't know until then that perfumes can be so exclusive that you don't have to do it yourself).
"Ah, good Amyris. It's this scent here."

Okay, enough has been said here about the fragrance, for me it was fresh-sweetish, smelled good, somehow also familiar. For me today, it's floral-powdery with a hint of creaminess. Of course nothing exciting, but my darling in spring and very suitable for everyday use.

Nevertheless, I wanted to share with you my experience with this fragrance, my entry into the niche, from complete ignorance to the beginning of a long journey that became a real passion. It started with Amyris homme.

At that time it was a shock to see that a perfume can actually cost 130€. But since it was still clearly visible on the test strip after a week, I thought I'd get it for Christmas, that's something special And that was a good decision, because what followed was completely new and incredibly interesting for me.

"Excuse me, are you looking for something in particular?"
"Thanks, I was just trying out some new ones here, but I already found them."
It's the temperature.
This is the second time I have deleted a comment in which I described a Kurkdjian creation in more detail. The first comment I revised was the one about the popular "Grand Soir". In my initial commentary, I tore it to pieces, but tried it out again some time later, tried for more tolerance and benevolence, and wrote a new commentary, which still shows that "Grand Soir" and I will not become friends, but at the same time mitigated the first, probably affect, tear and let the rating rise by 1.5 points.

Now I have a Kurkdjian on my cheek again, or rather on my neck, with which I went hard into court in my first, but now deleted comment.
Lately I wore "Amyris Homme" because of high temperatures and that despite my written statement that the tonka bean takes too long to add depth to the scent, which would make it bribe with its irrelevance. Also today he adorned my skin again, a new everyday life test was on the agenda. The thermometer almost reached the 30 degree mark and the humidity was once again a "wet" dream - just the right circumstances to play "Amyris Homme".

It was good to expose "Amyris Homme" to high temperatures and high humidity, because if it's something that Kurkdjian's creation needs, it's these two summery ingredients that occasionally drive us humans crazy, and this year in particular. "Amyris Homme" plays out all its trump cards here, of which I didn't get all the information at the first test. I guess it wasn't warm enough then. But it doesn't matter. I'm giving him a second chance, just like Grand Soir
The humidity of the air, which has now been mentioned often enough, has made me particularly sluggish and sleepy today. But "Amyris Homme" immediately raised me out of this sluggishness, thanks to the lively mandarin, which was to accompany the entire fragrance with a spicy rosemary underlay.
This was followed by the insertion of amyris and iris. The iris lent the composition a clean man character as one knows it from various other iris scents. Amyris, whose scent is said to resemble that of sandalwood, ensured that this cleanliness did not take too sterile a course. She also prevented the development of the pleasantly powdery iris into a stinging penetrant, as her aroma, similar to sandalwood, underlined the creamy fragrance and gave the now powdery mandarin more depth. That this happened was also quite good, because in the long run such a loud mandarin can also be very exhausting. So Amyris saved the day.
Now I wait for the tonka bean, which I dubbed in the first, deleted commentary as a strolling one. Warmth and humidity seemed to have spurred them on, so that after about an hour they started to work completely. It made the scent even sweeter, but without spraying the vanilla aroma, which is not unusual for tonka beans. It was sweet, but by no means vanilla. So let's describe it as a creamy sweetness that was created by the symbiosis of amyris and tonka bean and was powdered thanks to the iris.
Now let's not forget the mandarin. As already mentioned, she is still present, not as loud as in the beginning, but not shy either. Concentrated tangerine-seeking scent is not necessary to identify the tangerine, which preserves the fresh character of this overall composition in the later course of the fragrance.

I can only repeat that this fragrance needs warmer and more humidity. Whether the latter is so urgently necessary, I cannot say for sure, but high temperatures should be present in any case, it is hard to argue about that. They accelerate the emergence of the tonka bean, which once dawdles in cooler weather, and the iris, which is barely audible during the first test, also appears. It is therefore hardly surprising that the fragrance was characterised by powderiness, but above all more depth, which is decisive for a better overall assessment. In addition to the more appealing scent character, Kurkdjian's composition also captivated me with a stronger sillage. This is not a quiet pedal here and even if it is not a severe winter firecracker, it should be carefully dosed precisely because of the iris, which quickly becomes too penetrating for other people. In the case of overdosing, the whole thing can also be very pungent and correspondingly negative
It remains to be said that it is definitely worthwhile not to stamp a fragrance immediately after initial negative experiences and let it acidify on the shelf. I'm honest and say that the "Amyris Homme" really didn't attract much attention during the first testing. That would be too much of an exaggeration. I only found him to be dreary and trivial, and I searched in vain for the niche.
Did I also look for the second, positive test?
I'll make it short and say: YES.
"Amyris Homme" has more depth, more powderiness, more complexity, but it was not unique or especially prominent, especially compared to other fresh "mainstreamers". I like it very much, but it doesn't excite the endorphin release in me excessively and so I note that it is a nice, really well made fragrance that deserves its 8.0, but only because I kindly ignore the sinfully high price with such uniqueness.
Basti87
Noble fresh-sweet fragrance with a very gentle, well-groomed appearance
Again a report from me about a Kurkdjian. A brand that I appreciate very much and all find very good. I had already ordered a sample of this fragrance last year and tested it extensively. I waited with a comment, because he was really a buyer, but I pondered for a long time if I would buy him. Now I've put these on. At the moment there is nothing in sight of spring, but the warm early morning and early summer will come.
Especially with fresh scents I prefer much cheaper ones, especially because you can get great scents for little money. On the other hand, fresh niche fragrances are usually not performance monsters and sometimes evaporate even faster than designer fragrances. But what MFK has to offer convinces me. This one gets approx. between 120 and 140 euro a 70ml. It's a pity that the 200ml version is not available, as is the case with some MFKs. Especially since many MFK's have a high suitability for everyday use, this would have been a great low-cost alternative. Nevertheless I have finally decided to buy.

The bottle is typically MFK. Chic cardboard and the bottle is simply chic and looks quite expensive and elegant. For the collection a high-quality bottle.
The fragrance is fresh with pleasant delicate sweetness, wood and many other facets that act in the background. I wouldn't have guessed niche in a blind test. Not because he's not noble or of high quality, but because he's a guy. He does not have this mega-extravagant and should also please the fans in the designer department. It already has something special, even something unique and there is no exact fragrance twin to this fragrance.
Fragrance title is Amyris. I know the name of a fragrance, but I don't know exactly how it smells in its pure form. The description reads great and is a bit more exotic because not so many scents contain this note. Over a long time it is quite monotonous without development, which I like extremely well with this smell. The DNA of the fragrance is simply very well-groomed, suitable for everyday use, gentle and yet seductive due to this gentle, high-quality sweetness. There are other pyramids on other sides where this fragrance also contains coconut, milk chocolate, coffee, oud and oranges. That's quite possible. Oranges could be responsible for this beautiful, slightly citric freshness. The coconut vibe could also be included for a light tropical feeling. Also milk chocolate: The sweetness is not too sticky, is rather bitter-sweet and goes well with the soft iris and rosemary. In general one should not concentrate too much on the pyramid. Very balanced and a perfectly groomed companion. Towards the base it gets a little heavier when the freshness gives up the spirit.
Performance is absolutely fine for a fresh fragrance but also not perfect. In the fresh area there are far better and worse. Shelf life should be about 6 hours, where the Sillage is really good for the first few hours. Since the fragrance DNA is very gentle, it is difficult to overdose this fragrance and it is absolutely suitable for everyday use for work and leisure.
He's not really masculine. Like most Kurkdjians he is very gentle with a strong unisex touch. In the MFK range there are many unisex fragrances that drift more into the feminine. With the exception of masculin pluriel, all of the men's fragrances are perfectly suitable for unisex use. A matter of taste. In any case a really great brand.

As a conclusion I can say: A worthwhile purchase and a real fragrance that suits many occasions. Expensive, but for me a great alternative
my first niche fragrance
In the perfumery I asked a nice and pretty saleswoman about her personal favourite fragrance and she referred to Amyris. At that time I had little idea of niche fragrances.

So I smelled a lot of niche scents that day, and this one made the best first impression - untroubled by the seller's opinion. So I put it on and walked through the old town. Although it was winter and I had smelled so many scents before, I had this fantastic scent under my nose all the time.

I can't really describe the scent. Smells woody floral to me. Just awesome.

The next day I searched for the fragrance on the Internet and as fate seems to have it, I found it new at an extremely cheap price on ebay :)

JulphJulph 37 days ago
The scent of the "GOOD BOSS"

Smart, Polite, not offensive

The sweetness in the bass note hint that your are easy going and down to earth.

by Mustang69
by TheScenter
by Fragranceob
by Fragranceob

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian