Aqua Universalis 2009Eau de Toilette

Aqua Universalis (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design Fred Rawyler
Aqua Universalis (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Calabrian bergamot, Woods, Lily of the valley, Mock-orange, Sicilian lemon

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.12.2020.

My holy grail
I am always fascinated when I look at some of the releases of my absolute favourite fragrances. When I do this, a journey into the past automatically begins in my head, in which I reflect on my situation at that time and revel in memories.

This one probably came on the market in 2009, my God, at that time I had just started studying and my biggest problem was the recurring question of where to party on the weekend and how to get home. Funnily enough, I can still remember exactly which fragrances I used back then: It was a mix of Boss Bottled, which I used to steal from my dad, or some 5€ scents from the drugstore, I think there was even a certain scent of the brand Playboy, shame on my head back then.

At that time, it probably wouldn't have occurred to me to have a look at niche fragrances from a certain Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The chance that I would have labeled him as a boring fresh laundry fragrance would have been quite high, and I would have had no understanding that a fragrance can actually cost more than 100€.

Well, times change, now I'm sitting in my home office and my nose keeps wandering to my sweater, which got a few splashes of that divine water this morning. A clear, airy purity, which is gently rounded off by a light-floral touch. The citric mentioned in the pyramid is MFK-typical for me and results rather as already described in a generally fresh opening, without the bergamot lying in my nose as otherwise genre-typical.

I can't explain exactly why this fragrance is so perfect for me, but you might think it was put in my cradle. When I presented this fragrance to my mother - which, by the way, I do with everyone, she always follows my collection eagerly - she immediately went into raptures and said with bright eyes: Ohhhhh, lily of the valley! She was immediately thrilled, just like me
Fascinating, a fragrance from the year 2009, which only knows how to enchant me in 2020. at some point, what belongs together comes together.
Scented spirit
I spray "Aqua Universalis" on and immediately feel an original fragrance virginity: white and innocent, pure and yet luminous.
A ghost lives in this flacon who seems to know all the secrets of the universe (or at least knows someone who does) and who is willing to generously share what seems so simple with me.

An unobtrusive citrus freshness welcomes me without making itself important or even biting: fresh, unspoilt and therefore also beautiful.
The other fragrances appear just as light-footed: fine wood softly flatters the senses and even the lily of the valley - otherwise always, like most little ones, quite cheeky - holds back.
As if it were bowing to something sublime, reverent, without being shy.
Maybe "Aqua Universalis" should commemorate the seventh day of creation?
Everything is still of virgin charm and is waiting to unfold.

MFK really succeeded with this fragrance creation to lead back to the old monastery gardens and pharmacies.
This being comes from the original of nature and therefore it always fits!
This light spirit of fragrance that emerges from the bottle is united in a single big embrace, regardless of whether "Aqua Universalis" is sprayed on the skin, in the air or simply on the laundry An unagitated, well-groomed companion shows himself here: through day and night, every season of the year and every occupation. Even when lazing around, this fine scented web adapts wonderfully.

"A fragrance for all occasions!" - seemingly simply knitted and yet highly refined and charming.
A fragrance even for quiet days, which like a brook quietly splashes through time and thus awakens curiosity again for what is born of these times.
Today he is my suitable companion in this day - let's see what he brings!
Cream white
Light, flowing scarves hang from the ceiling, gently blowing in the wind that sweeps through the light-flooded atrium of the ultra-modern "country house" that she has indulged in after a 20-year career in one of London's largest law firms. She has finally become a partner, unscrupulous, success-oriented, efficient in every area. Go full throttle during the week. On high heels and in a trench coat rushing through the underground from one important date to the next, the hair always strictly tied to the plait. Pearl earrings.
She now spends the weekends on her new property, 50 minutes from the city. As soon as she arrives, she throws the pumps into the corner, slips into a beige leisure suit, opens the plait. No make-up, no animal products, no statement perfumes, in short, nothing that would excite the Chi too much. When she's here, she needs to relax, that's just what she needs to hold on to, especially at her age, when most things aren't as easy for her as they are for her 30-year-old colleagues.
From breakfast to yoga, then a light lunch, sitting by the pool, walking, reading, massages, whirlpool. Everything has been planned through, everything serves relaxation, everything is efficient.
Here she only wears Aqua Universalis. A citric breeze and creamy waves surround them, enveloping them in this innocent baby powder scent that would fit no scenery better than this one. As soon as she enters the house, she takes the first fragrances that have settled here with her. No other fragrance is allowed, no other fragrance helps her relax. It's a constant, unagitated mood that doesn't allow for lace or color, that gently ripples like its zenith fountain. Isolated white flowers. In between silence.

Rocendroll
[Nie] W klimatyzowanym pomieszczeniu jest w porządku
Nieprzyjemny przy pierwszych sekundach. Potem przy chłodnej temperaturze normuje się i zostaje przyjemnym, odświeżającym zapachem który chce się wąchać. Elegancki, świeży. Jednak nie da się nie mieć wrażenia że to uniseks. To zapach ładny, trochę podoba mi się, natomiast nie czuję że jest dla mnie. W upale, bardzo cuchnie, i myślałem że spalę się ze wstydu w windzie z innymi ludźmi. Ten perfum nie daje mi pewności siebie, niby ładny, ale strasznie słodki, strasznie śmierdzacy. W chłodnej temperaturze bardzo fajny. Elegancki. Słodki ale świeży. I zdecydowany uniseks
Fresh water
Yesterday I already reported about the Aqua Universalis forte. Today now the original Aqua Universalis. A fragrance that I have wanted to test for a long time. Now I have a small bottling here. With 7.3 rather modestly rated for a fragrance of this brand. But that does not always have to mean something
The concept looks rather simple. One look at the fragrance pyramid and you see that only 5 fragrances are listed. It's not always true, but this fragrance is definitely rather simple, which is not always a disadvantage. Especially in spring and summer such a thing can be a good mood. In my opinion it does here as well. Fresh lemon & bergamot provide a pleasant freshness that is very present next to the floral notes. Flowery notes here are lily of the valley, which are very present from the beginning. Fits well in this beautiful citric freshness. There is also pipe bush, also called false jasmine or peasant jasmine. These two floral notes harmonize well and are not too heavy or pompous. The woods remain rather pale, as the floral-citric freshness predominates. Great, harmonious, fresh and not too demanding for warmer days. Scent-characteristics, which should not be missing in any collection. Added to this is this well-groomed and clean appearance. I can only recommend it.
Performance is fine. The Sillage is extremely good and strong the first two hours and there is always something in the nose. Later it becomes more subtle but not bad. Shelf life is ok for a fresh scent. Price is ok. You can get 70ml for just over 100 Euro, but the 200ml for just over 150 Euro. Recommendable, because theoretically you don't have to be so frugal with this beautiful fresh scent From the gender point of view, the floral notes also make him drift more towards the feminine. Nevertheless, men with self-confidence can wear this fragrance. It's a matter of taste, as we all know. In any case a really great scent for warm days

A Crisp Citrus & Lily
This begins with a mouth watering juicy zest of fresh squeezed lemon on vodka over ice. There is no trace of sugary sweetener, but I detect a fizzy note and a brief zest of orange- almost sparkling. Within about 5 minutes a very green Lily note- but so natural, I feel I have just clipped the stem of a lily from the garden and inhaled deeply. This lily note melts into the bergamot so smoothly, effortless and gently comes to rest on a very soft cashmeran bit of woods. After drydown, I find the citrus has become feather soft leaving the lily to dominant with the bergamot and woods in the background. This has a low sillage (approximately .25 meter), meaning I can't smell it unless I move or wave my arm, but when I do pick up a whiff it is so pleasant and sunny, I am charmed again. I think this is clean without a soapy note and very fresh in the base the woody note eventually becomes a little spicy, powdery on my skin- a little sultry up close and provides an extra 2 hours or so of longevity- for a total of about 6 hours very comfortable finish. I would call this a perfect summer unisex daytime business or casual scent, well-tailored and full of dynamic positive energy. I would reach for this daily in the warm Summer months.

ItchynoseItchynose 8 months ago
Creamy, bitter, slightly feminine neroli with a very clean, almost medicinal vibe.
LolusLolus 10 months ago
Very fresh fragance for spring/summer. You can go to the office with it or you can just put your jeans and a t-shirt and use it also.

by Baptiste
by Fedaie
by Woha
by Woha

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian