Aqua Universalis Forte (2011)

Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Aqua Universalis Forte is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-floral. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Egyptian jasmine absolute, White blossoms, Moroccan rose absolute, Cedar, Sicilian citron

Submitted by VERIT, last update on 18.10.2019

10.0 7.0 10.0 10.0/10

Pure love....
Loving Love ... Love

I think this fragrance is soooooo beautiful and it fits me like a glove. It's as if Francis had looked deep into my soul and made this perfume just for me.
Delicate jasmine and lily of the valley with fresh lemon are the first to come to the fore, followed a little later, when the fragrance warms up, by delicate musk and rose. It's hard to put into words how I feel about this perfume, adjectives come to mind like

- fresh
- pure
- positive
- cancelled
- like a million dollars
- strong
- concentrated
- friendly
- nice
- compassionate
- female

Fits almost all occasions and environments (perhaps not the romantic ones, although many men find this fragrance sexy), but works perfectly in the office, in everyday activities as well as in formal environments or even in the evening.

Its glow unfolds only really with warm skin....therefore also better for spring, summer, autumn and not so for icy winter weather thought.

This perfume is like a diamond, fits every (color-) outfit and style.

Worth every cent!
10.0/10

Acqua Universalis Forte
I think this is what Jesus must smell like. Its VERY floral to be called a unisex scent (at least that is my opinion) But it dries down so fresh and lasts for hours. The main issue with it... is the price tag. Its close to 300$ here in America and wow is that TOO much.
10.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Aqua - yes / Universalis - not / Forte - yes
I sampled together AQUA UNIVERSALIS and AQUA UNIVERSALIS FORTE, and I like both, but I am not going to buy them.

The top-heart transition is quite surprising here: at the beginning I feel water, big mass of pure water (bergamot?), and afterwards the jasmine and lily is suddenly forthlumbering, like an avalanche, a crazy giant snow slide. I would say, that AQUA UNIVERSALIS FORTE contains too much flower (oxymoron, I know), changing these blossoms to rose, A.U.F. would get a nice place in the house of LE PARFUMS DE ROSINE. In comparison to other M. Kurkdjian fragrances, this one is different, although water is presence in other creations of this house as well.
7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Coutureguru
Monkey see, monkey do ...
A good friend of mine wears Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP as her signature and has done since its release in 2006, which happens to be a Kurkdjian/Nagel collaboration. My immediate reaction to applying Aqua Universalis Forte was ... "oooh ... I know this fragrance!".

Now ... I know that the note pyramids between the two are quite different and only display two common ingredients, Musk and Orange Blossom. It seems, however, that M.Kurkdjian has used raw materials here sourced from exactly the same place as those used in NR for Her. There is an undeniable commonality between the two with the Musk and Orange Blossom being the overwhelming olfactory leaders in both fragrances.
Aqua Universalis Forte lacks a certain creaminess evident in the NR, and by the dry down has sufficiently shuffled off its similarity, but not completely.
To review this Kurkdjian offering on its own merits is proving difficult for me as I abhor Musk and have never enjoyed any of the NR fragrances. The trademark hespiridic crispness is evident here, as it is in many other Kurkdjian creations ... but as I sojourn through my samples from this house I am finding more and more that a number of the fragrances are based on his extensive body of work for other houses. To be fair, I only have 8 samples ... but the nagging fear remains.
The death knell for this offering is that it made me sneeze ... very few fragrances do that as I have an iron cast proboscis!

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Aqua Universalis Forte.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Drseid
Grows On You, But Not Enough...
Aqua Universalis Forte opens with a fresh lemon-like bergamot blast which hangs around through the entire scent's duration with the jasmine heart notes even peeping through from the get-go. A watery jasmine is the primary heart note joining the bergamot in earnest before light musk is also added into the composition to form the base, finishing off the scent's development. There really is not much going on, as the scent is pretty linear. Longevity and projection are both quite good.

My first inclination was to either give this one a thumbs down or sideways, but I confess it grows on you. It is kind of a weird fresh watery mixture that is really not my cup of tea, but from afar it smells a lot better than when you put your nose up close to it, kind of the same scenario I got with Voyage d'Hermes. This is probably a scent I enjoy smelling more on others than wearing it myself. Completely overpriced for such a minimalist composition, IMO, but I would have to say I like it "after further review". I give Aqua Universalis Forte a solid above average to good rating of 3 to 3.5 stars out of 5. Recommended to try, but a difficult buy proposition due to its relatively high price.

R0din 176 days ago
The most longevive summer fragrance i’ve ever came across. Some would say that it’s too feminine, but i enjoy it everytime i wear it.+3
JoaoMartins 13 months ago
This is what clean is all about+1
10.0
9.0
9.0
Lexa 3 years ago
Citric orange blossom laying on a bed of white soft flowers.Best projection and best longevity in the history of summer scents.+1

by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by Flanker
by Flanker
Thank you for your words!
by R0din