Aqua Universalis Forte 2011

Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Aqua Universalis Forte is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Calabrian bergamot, Egyptian jasmine absolute, White blossoms, Moroccan rose absolute, Cedar, Sicilian citron, Musky notes

Submitted by VERIT, last update on 20.06.2021.

Giles
Forte? I don’t think so...
I am not impressed with this offering. I have most of MFK fragrances but this is underwhelming. I have been trying it over the past few days because I was looking for a summer floral for my collection. It is nice don’t get me wrong but not unique at all. If you are going to call it forte then it should be just that. I can name numerous floral fragrances that perform better and far more impressive. Nice but certainly not worth the money unfortunately.
Washing powder
From Maison Francis Kurkdjian I know so far the APOM.
Class fragrance, but not for me.
Too perfumed; too rigid and stuffy he comes along.
The Aqua universalis forte starts washing powder artig, with citrus splashes.
Then he also seems a bit rigid perfumed.
But rounds off in white flowers and jasmine.
But still the washing powder in the background.
Reminder of fresh linens; softens and muted by cedar perhaps.
Not bad, but not the progression and freshness I was hoping for.
Sommernacht
When angels kiss you and carry you on their hands....
... it must smell like Aqua Univeralis Forte. When the day of days comes when poverty, disease, war, hunger, greed, resentment, boasting and vanity are a thing of the past. When money is no object. When the world comes to its senses, unity and peace reign, happiness fills our hearts, love need not be sought, loneliness is a foreign word, our voices are heard and we give sincere joy instead of anonymous attention. Then, is heaven on earth, then it smells like Aqua Universalis Forte.

I have taken a very long time to comment on this fragrance. This is for a simple reason. My words cannot come close to describing it fairly, my vocabulary is not mature or complex enough to equal it. I can only approach fragrance as I perceive it and what value it holds for me. Just as the Bible is an approximation of the Lord's divinity.

Fragrance Notes: The fragrance notes look pretty unspectacular, nothing you haven't smelled like this or something similar maybe before. In any case, you can start with the notes something and has already smelled them in countless fragrances. So everything still quite unexcited.

Quality of the ingredients: Well, here separates the wheat from the chaff. MFK did not shy away from choosing the best oils. It has to be the best because it doesn't get any better.

Making: One of a kind. The individual components are like an exclusive silk fabric from Italy, finely and masterfully woven together, you can pick individual notes with a good nose.

Scent progression: quite linear, unexcited progresses the development of the fragrance. Initially, bergamot and citronate lemon dance a tango, dominate the fragrance, without reminding of cleaners or the like. This citrusy freshness remains clearly perceptible until the base. Then comes the dreamy jasmine, which reminds me of all sorts of places in Italy, little jasmine bushes growing up intertwined at the corners of houses and driveways, a dream of jasmine. The queen of all flowers remains restrained, but gives the necessary tailwind for more stability and persistence. It lingers at this stage until musk ushers in the Viennese waltz. I only notice cedar at the very end (after 5 hours or more). It dedicates something warmer, sultry, without losing its freshness.

Consistency: Tjaaaa, who would have thought it, a fresh floral fragrance with persistence, without strongly changing scent progression remains perceptible for a good 12 hours (sprayed on in the evening) on my wrist. Woke up this morning and a whiff came to my nose from 30 cm away. The base of freshness, jasmine, musk and subtle cedar holds and holds and holds.

Sillage in the good midfield, just pleasant in everyday life, on a warm summer evening, in the spring on the scarf it lasts forever, generally on clothes a very good persistence.

My heavenly fragrance, uniquely beautiful.

Lemony florals
Very long name haha. Different from M.f.Kurkdjian's style and his well known others(Grand Soir, Baccarat Rouge540...) So unique, good performing for that light scent. Calming, happiness including, fresh. Citron and bergamot dominating white florals. Useful for every age of person. Leans feminine but unisex as well. Gifted to mom, she likes more the other gift of mine= Fico di Amalfi/Adp but Aqua Universalis Forte is soo simple and stunning. I would give compliments when mom wear. Comfortable, relaxing. You feel yourself like= sun shining, partly cloudy, weather is so nice. For happy days perfume.
Pure love....
Loving Love ... Love

I think this fragrance is soooooo beautiful and it fits me like a glove. It's as if Francis had looked deep into my soul and made this perfume just for me.
Delicate jasmine and lily of the valley with fresh lemon are the first to come to the fore, followed a little later, when the fragrance warms up, by delicate musk and rose. It's hard to put into words how I feel about this perfume, adjectives come to mind like

- fresh
- pure
- positive
- cancelled
- like a million dollars
- strong
- concentrated
- friendly
- nice
- compassionate
- female

Fits almost all occasions and environments (perhaps not the romantic ones, although many men find this fragrance sexy), but works perfectly in the office, in everyday activities as well as in formal environments or even in the evening.

Its glow unfolds only really with warm skin....therefore also better for spring, summer, autumn and not so for icy winter weather thought.

This perfume is like a diamond, fits every (color-) outfit and style.

Worth every cent!
Basti87
Noble fresh and flowery spring scent
I am currently testing myself through a few selected niche labels. MFK is one of them. With Lumiere Noire I already own one of these labels and since I am a fan of Kurkdjian anyway, I ordered some small bottlings. I like his work, not only for designer fragrances. The MFK fragrances are simply noble and stylish without being grossly overpriced like some other brands. Most fragrances cost a little over 100 Euro for 70ml. Not cheap, but fair. You can get this one from about 130 Euro.

Aqua universalis forte, a flanker from the classic Aqua universalis. There is a slight similarity, with jasmine and white flowers being used here. For a unisex fragrance, of course, daring but still interesting. For each fragrance, you should decide for yourself which sex it would suit better. This floral touch definitely gives it a feminine touch, although it's not entirely unwearable for men The start is quite good, but it takes getting used to. I don't find the start quite harmonious. Something stings, not very but easily. Bergamot and lemon are very noticeable as a fresh component followed by soft floral notes. A nice jasmine note is added. I love jasmine especially in women's fragrances, but they can also convince in some unisex fragrances if they are not too loud. Here the note is limited and has a harmonious effect. Then there are white flowers, very fresh like freshly blooming flowers in spring. Very good and authentic design. Gentle woods are more in the background here, as the floral notes push themselves beautifully into the foreground alongside this fine citrus freshness. The composition is round and harmonious, especially after hour 1 extremely great. On the whole a great fragrance for warmer years and suitable for beautiful summer / spring evenings and also as a day fragrance suitable.
The Sillage starts very well and is well present for a few hours and fades away after a few hours. In the freshness area one in the upper midfield.

For me a worthwhile investment for people who want a noble fresh-citric-floral scent. My tendency goes rather into the feminine direction, whereby it is not unacceptable for men.

Acqua Universalis Forte
I think this is what Jesus must smell like. Its VERY floral to be called a unisex scent (at least that is my opinion) But it dries down so fresh and lasts for hours. The main issue with it... is the price tag. Its close to 300$ here in America and wow is that TOO much.

Aqua - yes / Universalis - not / Forte - yes
I sampled together AQUA UNIVERSALIS and AQUA UNIVERSALIS FORTE, and I like both, but I am not going to buy them.

The top-heart transition is quite surprising here: at the beginning I feel water, big mass of pure water (bergamot?), and afterwards the jasmine and lily is suddenly forthlumbering, like an avalanche, a crazy giant snow slide. I would say, that AQUA UNIVERSALIS FORTE contains too much flower (oxymoron, I know), changing these blossoms to rose, A.U.F. would get a nice place in the house of LE PARFUMS DE ROSINE. In comparison to other M. Kurkdjian fragrances, this one is different, although water is presence in other creations of this house as well.

Coutureguru
Monkey see, monkey do ...
A good friend of mine wears Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP as her signature and has done since its release in 2006, which happens to be a Kurkdjian/Nagel collaboration. My immediate reaction to applying Aqua Universalis Forte was ... "oooh ... I know this fragrance!".

Now ... I know that the note pyramids between the two are quite different and only display two common ingredients, Musk and Orange Blossom. It seems, however, that M.Kurkdjian has used raw materials here sourced from exactly the same place as those used in NR for Her. There is an undeniable commonality between the two with the Musk and Orange Blossom being the overwhelming olfactory leaders in both fragrances.
Aqua Universalis Forte lacks a certain creaminess evident in the NR, and by the dry down has sufficiently shuffled off its similarity, but not completely.
To review this Kurkdjian offering on its own merits is proving difficult for me as I abhor Musk and have never enjoyed any of the NR fragrances. The trademark hespiridic crispness is evident here, as it is in many other Kurkdjian creations ... but as I sojourn through my samples from this house I am finding more and more that a number of the fragrances are based on his extensive body of work for other houses. To be fair, I only have 8 samples ... but the nagging fear remains.
The death knell for this offering is that it made me sneeze ... very few fragrances do that as I have an iron cast proboscis!

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Aqua Universalis Forte.

Drseid
Grows On You, But Not Enough...
Aqua Universalis Forte opens with a fresh lemon-like bergamot blast which hangs around through the entire scent's duration with the jasmine heart notes even peeping through from the get-go. A watery jasmine is the primary heart note joining the bergamot in earnest before light musk is also added into the composition to form the base, finishing off the scent's development. There really is not much going on, as the scent is pretty linear. Longevity and projection are both quite good.

My first inclination was to either give this one a thumbs down or sideways, but I confess it grows on you. It is kind of a weird fresh watery mixture that is really not my cup of tea, but from afar it smells a lot better than when you put your nose up close to it, kind of the same scenario I got with Voyage d'Hermes. This is probably a scent I enjoy smelling more on others than wearing it myself. Completely overpriced for such a minimalist composition, IMO, but I would have to say I like it "after further review". I give Aqua Universalis Forte a solid above average to good rating of 3 to 3.5 stars out of 5. Recommended to try, but a difficult buy proposition due to its relatively high price.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 days ago
Watery citrus opening muted by white florals. Rather simple but actually quite pleasant, very linear scent. More citrus/orangey than OG.
R0dinR0din 2 years ago
The most longevive summer fragrance i’ve ever came across. Some would say that it’s too feminine, but i enjoy it everytime i wear it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
This is what clean is all about

by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by Flanker
by Flanker
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Sommernacht
by Rodin
by Rodin

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian