Baccarat Rouge 540 2016Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette)

Jasmine, Saffron, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.04.2021.

MirzAsimMirzAsim 17 days ago

„A Hundred Years of SWEETNESS...”

DrseidDrseid 5 years ago

„Play The Game, Avoid This Luxury Crystal Maker Inspired Perfume...”

Baccarat Rouge 540 opens with a brief dash of saffron spice infused dulled orange before quickly moving to its heart....

Not really my type
I think it´s because the Saffron but this has a choky, hard to accept type of sillage and scent. I also tried Kalan which has similar notes and I simply cannot smell that one either.

I guess this type of combination is not for me, and also not for my girlfriend .. because I brought her a BR540 candle and I cannot stand that on the table either.

It is very long lasting, but not a good scent, for me.

The goddess of fragrances
I have some fragrances in my collection, but if you ask me, only Baccarat or all the others, then I would just wear him. Because never before has a fragrance convinced me so much right away. The only problem I have with it is that I often don't notice it myself during the day, but every now and then a whiff comes to my nose and other people around you notice it very well. For me, this fragrance is simply perfection in a bottle and it will always be in my collection
The games evening
The social highlight of the year was coming up again: the big pirate meeting! Not to appear there would have been an affront, which would have meant social death, maybe even the right one. So the captain of the Miss Fortune was there, as every year, even if this year he did not feel the slightest desire to do so.

Because the highlight of the multi-day meeting was the game night. It was held at a different captain's house each year and that captain chose the game. So today they were on the La Buse, the ship of Levasseur, that cretin. A pompous Frenchman who everyone knew was from Switzerland, which of course he didn't admit, pirates from Lake Geneva would be embarrassing.

There were five of them sitting around the big table in the captain's cabin: Levasseur, Blackbeard, the captain, Charles Johnson and Anne Bonny. There used to be six of them, but last year John Taylor had actually proposed chess, whereupon they had summarily sent him walking the plank and barred him for five years.

The host puffed himself up to his full height of 5'5" and began:

"Madame et Monsieur, isch freue misch, euch alle begrüßenän in meine bescheiden Schief. Today we play the best game of them all, baccarat!"
Great, 17 and 4 for people who think they're better than us. That was to be expected from someone like Levasseur. General grumbling could be heard around the table.
"...'ere are the cart, in the color, Rough, because she is favorite color of your host!"
You could have guessed that, given the plush red walls, the captain thought.
"Today we play for a prize, which is this Parföh, isch hab direkte aus Parie."
He pointed to a small, rather unobtrusive bottle in the middle of the table. The enthusiasm of the players was limited, which was probably due to the fact that with his sweeping hand gestures, a gush of dies Parföh flooded through the cabin. It hit them in a fist of sweetly powdery florals that gripped them ironclad and wouldn't let go for the rest of the evening. What spice was involved didn't make it any better - sultry it suddenly was in the cabin, which was quite fitting for the puffed-up pseudo-Frenchman, the captain thought, gagging slightly. Even Backbeard, who could well be described as jaded both physically and mentally, rolled his eyes briefly.

After each player was adequately supplied with drinks, the game got underway. Blackbeard had problems at the beginning with the calculation of the points, with increasing alcohol consumption this became however better, whereby it is also possible that the other players computed in the course of the evening ever more badly and one aligned itself in such a way. The smell of the Parföh did not become better meanwhile, mixed itself only something with the undefined woodiness of the cabin.
The mood was mostly relaxed. Only Johnson attracted attention by more or less hidden obscenities towards Anne Bonny. However, after he painfully felt Anne's dagger in a rather sensitive spot under the table, his demeanor abruptly improved.

"So, Madame et Monsieur, it is late, last roundä! Isch is the banquier."
The cards were dealt, the bets made, everyone calculated their points as best they could at this advanced hour. If truth be told, no one really knew what was being played anymore, the bottles were empty, the sun was already rising.
After counting the points several times, it was clear that the captain had won. Everyone didn't really care, since no one wanted the perfume anyway, except Levasseur, who cursed "Gopferdelli!".

The captain accepted the perfume, of course, thank you, if only to annoy Levasseur, but secretly already thought that on the crossing to his Miss Fortune, yes, something may well fall into the water.

Next year he was the host and two things were already clear:

1. there would be no perfume as a prize, but something sensible, a sabre or a wooden leg or something
2. they would play an honest game, chief dork maybe

------------

Before a review, you're always supposed to name the positives, so here it is: Baccrat Rouge is nowhere near as sweet as I feared it would be. And the durability is really good. And so is the silage. And...no, that's it, unfortunately.
Whereby, the silage is also already such a thing. Personally, this is too much of a good thing, not to say penetrating.
To the fragrance itself: it starts quite floral, jasmine can be recognized, in a very gentle variant. That would actually be positive to evaluate, if not the saffron would come right along with it. This is unfortunately also very gentle, sweetish and little spicy. Saffron can be quite exciting, hot, bitter, earthy even. Not here. At most, it is somewhat medicinal, but not so strong that it would be interesting. In combination with the jasmine, it creates a sweet, powdery, lightly spicy bouquet that I can best describe as oppressive and sultry. This also pulls through the entire fragrance and is thus unfortunately not my thing at all, but you can of course also like.
What really bothers me about the fragrance, however, is the specified cedar wood. I like cedar, it brings but in the best case a limonige freshness and dry-woody spice. Unfortunately, I don't find that here. It is indeed something vaguely woody recognizable, but I would not come on cedar in life. At most, it's a thin cedar veneer on a softwood panel. This is a pity, because some spice and freshness would have done the fragrance very well.
Towards the base, it then becomes a little ambery-sweet, but honestly, is also already no matter...

Love it or hate it, one reads here often. I would not say so. He just doesn't touch me and on balance I find him a bit boring. I hope I'm his fans not too much on the feet stepped!

MirzAsim
A Hundred Years of SWEETNESS...
This perfume is divine. I didn't want to like it since it's so expensive but I tried a sample and it was love at first sniff. I was worried it would be too sweet and I don't usually love gourmand scents, but this Fragrance has the right balance and is not cloying at all. I smell a burnt sugar (or should I say very deep caramelized sugar) with jasmine and cedarwood. It's beautiful.

I must add a warning and advise you to buy your perfume from a reputable seller, MFK website, or Department store. I purchased three 5 ml samples online and only one was genuine. The two I purchased from eBay were fakes, but being sold as 100% genuine products. They each had a medicinal or very strong alcoholic smell like I was at a hospital or dentist and the genuine Baccarat Rouge 540 does not have that medicinal/alcoholic smell at all.

I suspect some sellers are mixing the genuine Baccarat Rouge with an alcohol base to stretch and sell more products. When I smell all three samples, I'm astounded at the difference between the two of them. The other difference is longevity.

The genuine EDP lasts on me for sometimes 2 days and on my clothes, even longer. The fake samples I received only lasted a couple of hours.
Expecting too much?
Due to the fact that Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait is my favorite perfume, I really wanted to test the "little sister" of her.
Full of expectations I opened the foil, then the box and train the perfume in the high-quality box out.
The bottle is like all MFK fragrances simple, yet noble.
I sprayed the fragrance and smelled it... first I could not perceive the scent at all. It smelled like nothing. Was already slightly irritated and could not believe it. Made my household further and smelled after about 10 minutes again dran.
Now came to me a light note that I was very familiar, but I did not come on it what it was. Now my nose was permanently attached to my wrist and wanted to know what it smelled like. Now it came to my mind!
Baccarat Rouge 540 smells to me like when you go to the fair, get a crepe with vanilla sugar and sugar, then sit down in front of the campfire.
The combination of freshly made crep with sugar and something smoky in the background.

This fragrance unfortunately didn't quite convince me and needs to be retested... but is this fragrance worth the money? Hm... one will see it in the future
W0as
best waffle in the world.
what a beautiful scent. after I have ersoukt this scent of a nice user here read me the thought of the perfect waffle not go.
the picture before my eyes: white marble floors, 6 meters air space in the living room in front of a beautiful black piano varnish steinberg grand piano. marie, a good friend of the family sits at the piano and improvises. it is sunset and the waffles are ready. the scent that lies in the room is baccarat rouge, a beautiful composition of jasmine saffron cedar and amber reflecting a perfectly powdered waffle.
1.5
On the Reeperbahn tomorrow at 5
After a long search, I finally found a reputable dealer from whom I could purchase a bottling. I was really excited because he is supposed to be a super great fragrance. So I can already say that he is absolutely unforgettable. But for me unfortunately in the negative sense. On the first test day I had to smell again and again on me, somehow I was not sure myself whether he now smells good or bad. On the second day it was clear, he smells awful. You have to imagine a cheap room in which the whole night was "worked", on the Reeberbahn, in the morning at 5. It smells salty, fishy and sometime like some perfume. Thanks to its excellent durability, I had to take long showers. Tastes are obviously different, but I certainly don't want to smell THAT way. Help. No. I have a fine nose, perhaps too fine for hypes.
Fight at the fairground?
My first comment. Well, I feel a little like someone who just auditioned for some casting show and is about to try "I Will Always Love You" or something, but whatever.... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

First, I'm addicted to the hype and have actually ordered the fragrance blindly, test you can just anyway nowhere and the sniffing must go on. Besides, so many noses can not be wrong, right?

After a long, probably weather-related odyssey, the package of perfumery Godel then finally arrived with me. In joyful anticipation I unpacked the good piece and sprayed me immediately 1-2 sprays on the wrist.

Well, what can I say. I immediately perceive a rather ferrous note, which also reminds me of the smell of blood. This is joined by a rather sweet, almost cotton candy like note. How does that sound? Well, about like the headline...

I could imagine the cotton candy master's machine at the fair, after a long day, smelling something like this at some point, at least the old metal parts do.

So, what now? Do I like this scent? I think you can already tell from my description that this is rather not the case. The fragrance is somehow intriguing, my nose wandered still countless times in the direction of the wrist. My perception didn't want to change though. Am I maybe just not ready for the scent yet? I do not know...

What I have to let the fragrance but definitely is the durability, which is really above average and also the projection is really neat. Inasmuch as I would want to smell so that would be definitely plus points for Baccarat Rouge 540, unfortunately, this is not so.

California Gurls
Now I get why people compared it with cotton candy. I also associate this smell with the colour pink. The weird part is that despite the fact that I am more into masculine part of frags I am still enjoying this fragrance for myself. Still thinking if it worth the purchase of a full bottle.
Sweet ,delicious-sugary, creamy and dense kind of smell. Very unisex if I can add that "very" in the beginning and really pleasant. It semlls somehow refined and not average.
Performance is there : 8+ hours easily and the projection is pretty present in the first few hours. It's a must try and I cannot say a must have necessarily. I think women will enjoy and appreciate this one better than men will.

Overall : 8/10
Had hoped for more
Sample ordered, sprayed and waited a short moment. I hold my forearm to my nose and smell like many here directly the dentist's office. From cotton candy smell nothing, however, is a sweetness in the air. Reminds me somehow slightly of Kalan from PDM. I think the scent has something special and a nice freshness but not so blatant that I would pay full price for it. Will continue to test it and wait and see how others react to it. Scent is ok but in my opinion not worth the hype, there are enough other perfumes that are better than this one. But can also understand the people who are taken by baccarat rouge.

PalmbeachPalmbeach 8 days ago
1.5
I don't like it. She doesn't feel well. It smells like a dental office.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 14 days ago
FK took his Armani Mania recipe and made it a little more sparkling and a bit sweeter and boom: BR540 was created. Good but overpriced. 3/5
MariaSMariaS 4 months ago
I loved the smell but then I tested casino royale by dua,same vibes, better performance &1/3 of the price. Still haven’t bought any of them.
IcufishIcufish 5 months ago
Copy of Al Hareem (Yas) with added dental office smell. Yas is much better. BR is way overhyped and unoriginal.
GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
Difficult to describe this beauty, smells like cotton candy but at the same time it's not gourmand, it's lihght and fresh. Special.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
A slightly sweet, yet very smooth salty/floral synthetic Gourmand, balanced by a gentle dry woody base. Sadly lacks depth. Overhyped.
TRehfTRehf 8 months ago
Very sweet, if smelled to closely. The magic happens in the air. Almost like an aura. Sweet, spicy, fresh. Unisex fem leaning. Lasts forever
ToptTopt 10 months ago
0.5
First perfume ever that made me sick, I really dont understand the hype abot this, absolutelly terrible and way to sweet
EvhaEvha 11 months ago
I tested it a few months ago when I didn't know anything about niche perfumes. It was love at first sight. And still remained. Just Perfect!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 12 months ago
Trying this and the extrait on each wrist i find that both hace a very similar scent (delicate and elegant cotton Candy) but this is watery

by Sweetsmell75
by Meaning
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Ciel de Gum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian