Baccarat Rouge 540 2016 Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette)

JasmineJasmine
SaffronSaffron
CedarwoodCedarwood
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.09.2021.

MirzAsimMirzAsim 6 months ago

„A Hundred Years of SWEETNESS...”

This perfume is divine. I didn't want to like it since it's so expensive but I tried a sample and it was love at first sniff. I was worried it would...
DrseidDrseid 6 years ago

„Play The Game, Avoid This Luxury Crystal Maker Inspired Perfume...”

Baccarat Rouge 540 opens with a brief dash of saffron spice infused dulled orange before quickly moving to its heart....
Kristall86
Sylt and the "Duftpott" (Scent Pot)
A good 8 years ago I was allowed to test this fragrance during my holiday on the island of Sylt. The fragrance consultant in one of my favorite perfumeries said "This one is for you!"....I did not buy it (the price was not quite suitable for impulse purchases?), and what is also very important to me, my husband had to get to know this fragrance first and "see" it with me (if he can not smell me, it brings me nothing??) and he sat patiently with our dog in the car and waited for me, because he has no desire to a "sniff round". Then you leave with this scent on the obligatory scent strip and on the back of your hand (whereas more was on my jacket sleeve??) blissed out and in love (I was immediately blown away, thrilled! I could have smooched my dear consultant!) into the car and what comes as an answer?! "Which scent pot did you fall into?" and already the first infatuation had fizzled out...too bad...Even late in the evening our holiday home still smelled wonderfully delicate of "Baccarat Rouge 540" and still enchanted me...it stayed in my mind to stay, to cling on. Good one!
On certain birthdays, I always buy myself a special gift and so it came to pass that, although a little late, "Baccarat Rouge 540" finally made its way to me a few days ago. It's here - finally! And what does my husband say? "Oh...what is that? Do I know it? It looks familiar! I like it on you! Is that the scent from the island?" Yes, it is...and it is still firmly planted in my heart as is the island as well...a love for life.
But now to my sensations:
The first spray after 8 years break - uiuiui! The smells a little of man, then comes immediately the sweetness (reminded me a little of "Very good girl" I also wear just quite happy...), then a little the heaviness and elegance and then the full sensuality that lasts for hours. It just smells of luxury, of that special for that special and it makes me posture straight. When I wear it I automatically walk straighter, get a little inch taller and on top of that, not everyone has it. It's quite hard to come by at the moment and that makes it all the more precious to me anyway....er floats along with me all day. Whether at home, at work or shopping, gardening, walking the dog...he envelops me and gives me a certain power.
He will be part of my permanent program, just like Sylt. And the price? That does not matter to me. With fragrances I spend a lot of money very gladly, because the extraordinary has nowmal its price. In addition, the bottle and the ingredients and of course the story is definitely worth the price. I am totally thrilled and float away now...???♀️Greetings to you!
Stumped!
Baccarat Rouge 540, a fragrance whose reputation resonates in the niche world from all corners
Some love him and call him one of the best perfumes in the world. The others hate him!

The fragrance is a legend!

To the history is known enough!

I new in the niche world approached as one of the first fragrances exactly this perfume, because you can not get past it. At Kurkdijan even more so not!

When I was the first time in the esteemed Kurfürsten Perfumery was emblazoned first of all BR 540 on the shelf and I was allowed to take a bottling of this fragrance, along with a strip of which I first smelled and that almost blew me away. I smelled a niche scent for the first time at that moment. This intensity was strange to me, I didn't know anything like that before.

I have always been intensely interested in fragrances. Know the designer area very well. Also the area in between. But somehow I had never penetrated the niche until now when I had this strip under the nose.

OH MY GOD!

That blew my mind for the time being.

At home, the strip then boomed away. For days!
I was torn between full horny and oh dear!

And so the strip eventually went into the waste paper and the filling on the shelf. For a long time!

Then I sprayed him in the meantime times again and was thrilled and actually considered buying the bottle. Wore him also a few times. With so ner filling one comes with BR 540 already quite far!

Now I'm sitting here writing this review I've been meaning to do for a very long time and spray him and think 'ey ne what did I like about it?'

BR 540 kind of always throws me from one extreme to the other. It actually depends on my mood of the day whether I like it or not!

What keeps me also something is just that I acquire with this fragrance a fragrance that -despite niche- quite a lot of people wear and it reminds me something of the hype with CK one a long time ago, which also wafted me at every damn corner, in the cinema, in the office, in the swimming pool everywhere!
I'm thinking of getting the body oil, which also comes in an atomizer and can be had for 70 thalers. Then it hurts not quite so bad if the hype is so bad that this fragrance is completely burnt and worn and you still have a bottle of it for a lot of money at home and no longer loswird!
I am at a loss!
Baccarat roulette
Baccarat Rouge 540 is a fragrance that you either love or hate. There is hardly an "in between" with him. In any case, it smells unique and you can be sure that you stand out with him. The durability is phenomenal. Even after 24 hours and a shower, it is still noticeable. On clothes, it lasts for weeks. In addition, the scent radiates incredibly strong, which means that it should not be more than two sprays. As for the scent character, Baccarat can be described as an airy sweet scent that contains a slightly medicinal note. It's hard to describe, as everyone perceives the scent differently somehow.
"Oh holy..."
...was my first thought. Such a delightful opening! It knocked me right out. This is exactly the experience I was looking for. Sweet, warm and a slight spiciness. Nothing changed about the like as it progressed either. But what's interesting - on my wrist, it fades after about 6 hours. But from under the earlobe I could enjoy his scent still the next morning when waking up!
And the end of the song? Mhmmm... my sweetie, I never want to be without you again. Why are you so damn expensive???
Heartfelt love and then Heartbreak
I knew the fragrance before I had read further about perfumes. At the time, I bought Vanitas by Profumum Roma and the salesman gave me a test strip of the 'new' Baccarat Rouge at the time. When Vanitas was used up, I went back to the perfumery regularly and was magically drawn to Baccarat (I knew nothing of the hype).
I love gourmands and yes, I have to admit, I like "basic bitch perfumes" in the niche or very pleasing, sweet scents, even if that doesn't necessarily suit my personality. Baccarat, in my opinion, is a very upscale, pleasing fragrance and has something special about the saffron note. At the same time, it has something watery and fresh and doesn't drift into 'cakey'. I would classify it very much in the feminine direction, which is why I bought it, as I prefer more 'sexy' scents. When I wear it, I feel like a classy, rich and confident woman in control of her life (which isn't necessarily true!). I had tried a few dupes and Cloud by Ariana Grande smelled very pungent to me in comparison and had no resemblance at all for me...
Here's the kicker though:
I was at a party, wearing the expensive Baccarat Rouge, an acquaintance greeted me and said euphorically "AAAAAAH are you wearing the Ariana Grande perfume?!!! That's what my girlfriend wears all the time too!!!".... It's been a long time since I've had that feeling.... My heart was broken and Ariana Grande was dancing in tasteless bubblegum pink Yank outfits in front of my inner eye, holding a 30€ perfume, acting as a metaphorical middle finger to my consumerism.
Summa summarum: I love Baccarat Rouge still, but other mothers also have beautiful sons or other niche brands beautiful gourmands who are less hyped.

Stunning.
This is one heck of a fragrance! One of the absolute best things i've ever smelled & despite the popularity & hype, it's one i'll always want to have. It's back up bottle worthy, it's expensive, it's heavily faked! But if get the real deal, you are in for a treat... this gets you notified, approached, questioned & adored (unless you have someone like my partner who doesn't like it).

For some, they go nose blind to it! I don't know for the life of me why or how, I'm always reminded of its presence when I wear it. I'm terrible for Notes, but the combinations of the notes is just pleasures all through. From sniffing the sprayer to actual spraying to on skin sniffing.. dry down etc, its pleasure all the way! Safe to say I'm a fan boy & totally Blown.
If you love compliments and attention, then you've found the one.. Ensure you get an official and real decant/sample.. don't get turned of by comparisons with many other's out there.. Those clones or similar scents aren't BR540, i've tried ariana grande - cloud (close but smells cheap in comparison), T.Kosmala - 04 is strong but goes a different direction (won't say its close), Initio - Oud for Greatness - Not even close, Widian - Liwa - I don't get any comparisons.
Antiseptic
I have BR540 certainly a year no longer smelled . At that time I let myself get carried away
Purchase and have worn it no more than twice in a year .

Now I see it still in every "Top 10 Niche Parfums for Life" thaw...so I thought go! order you a sample and test the again ...my perfume preference has changed over the years but constantly a little ... and I am regularly on new trips: jasmine flower, woods, coffee, tea, tuberose well you know the symptoms of a perfume addict:)

Nah ...nothing has changed I still don't like this one and can't wear it! It smells like burnt cotton candy on my skin. Do you know liquid mercuchrome iodine solution in a small bottle a wound and skin antiseptic from the pharmacy? ...that's what it reminds me of. Even the smell of a dentist's office as often compared I would say is more pleasant.
I've asked family and friends how they find the fragrance? No enthusiasm at all! Apparently all perfume banausen :)!

For me, not much changes even in the course! Yes the durability and sillage is a beast. But because of that he also does not gain magic! This uniqueness remains probably hidden from me...
Baccarat Rouge 540 is the New La vie est belle
I know I'll probably have to hear some alone because of the headline but it is unfortunately the reality! So to make it short, no I do not mean that BR540 smells like La vie est belle but this hype around this fragrance is in my opinion exactly THE same!
LVEB was a few years ago just as hyped and praised in the sky (rightly so in my opinion) as the current good BR540! But now comes the best!
At that time LVEB was loved today it is demonized.... Why probably??
Well because it is supposedly worn by every other woman...
With BR540, the game is or will be the same, because today it is loved, adored and worn by every second person to boot.
And tomorrow it will be hated by everyone (very likely) or even demonized!
I wonder every time why this is so....
A new fragrance is always loved at the beginning, hyped and then hated and unfortunately also kicked in the barrel!
Yes you may have his own opinion always to a fragrance, but it is just extremely incomprehensible to me how quickly even such a love can be forgotten, just because a rumor should be in circulation that it is worn from one day to the next of the whole world!
Many of us also forget that each fragrance on each skin smells different, which I personally find good and times honestly LVEB I have so far only smelled at my mother and once out otherwise with no one else.
I hope very much that some will agree with me here because, in the beginning it disturbs NOBODY that BR540 is worn by every other person later very likely in a year it will be called Plöre, Basic, Mainstream or even better than unwearable!
What I must say but also, many are so far I see that or mitbekomme by the BR540 much more attentive and open to the niche fragrances become.
What do you think?
I discovered BR540 through Demi Rawling or rather before all this hype started I learned about this fragrance.

At that time it was still difficult so far I know to come to it however short time later one could test it also in nearly each Parfümerie.
Also BR540 I have tested with my grandfather at that time, I liked it at the beginning very well especially because it is so sweet.
For my nose it smelled at the beginning very much like cotton candy, my grandfather, however, thought that it smelled like burnt brown sugar...
Now I can funny enough exactly this burnt sugar note also smell.
I personally find that it is unfortunately very overpriced for what it is...
Sure it has what but as expensive as it is advertised / sold, I find it unfortunately does not really smell accordingly ...
Well now there are some dupes to this fragrance that cost not even a fraction of the price of the original which makes it affordable even for people like me by some.
My favorite dupe is the Cloud by Ariana Grande, which I received from my grandfather for my 17th birthday and still think it's great:))
I will now start with the interesting part and namely the fragrance description...;))
The fragrance...
starts with this brown sugar note, which is okey for my nose but well it can be too much in strong doses.
Saffron gives the whole an oriental but also slightly masculine touch, which makes this fragrance despite the sweetness also for men more portable.
Jasmine is on my skin warm and sensual at the same time but not too feminine.
Amber gives the whole a very pleasant warm and cuddly note.
I have also read with some that it should smell very much like medicine and hospital, to be honest I agree with that reluctantly...
It has a slight cough syrup note has the one although with light dosing can not smell out immediately nevertheless it can be perceived by own environment so.
With the Cloud, however, I can not perceive this medicine note but also not smell because the coconut note rather dominates the most intense, which I personally like the most and best.
You have to like sweet fragrances in any case otherwise it can quickly become extreme for most because BR540 is really SWEET! (Ps: Sweeter than LVEB too!)
Personally, I remain faithful to my Cloud as I associate it with many beautiful moments.:))
BR540 is an interesting fragrance experience but I do not necessarily need it because there are enough other good dupes to it:)
An evening in Mallorca
I find it always fascinating how different the associations can be with a fragrance. But what is also certainly the interaction with the skin and the own body odor.

I had previously read no reviews about Baccarat Rouge, so I approached the fragrance quite unprejudiced. When sniffing I immediately had an association and images before my eyes: summer evening in Mallorca, I sit on the terrace of a finca. Before dinner, I take a little walk and smell the cedars, the dry grass, the wildflowers and herbs. This is Baccarat Rouge for me.
Aliven
Hello, beautiful... where are you going?

I have an appointment today.
With Tom.
Tom has been my trusted man for 20 years.
Tom is a dentist.
And I like to go to Tom.
So I walk up the stairs to the dentist's office.
Already here it meets me, this special smell. A little taste at least.
Oh, I may go right through and take a seat.
Take a deep breath.
Take a deep sniff of my wrist.
Indeed. Similarity. I knew it.
Somehow not so tangible, more like a feeling.

There's the cotton candy I'm still quickly snacking on in the dentist's chair.
Sweet, then.
But kind of dry. Does that make sense?
But there's also the hairspray, the smell of which gets mixed in.
Actually only noticeable at that moment, when the hair moves.
Kind of metallic? Yes.
Iodine.
The other one is what, saffron?
I read that, I know it, but I don't know what it smells like. But I like it.
What I actually detect is jasmine and the spicy of cedar.
My girlfriend doesn't smell that at all.
My husband is thinking hospital. But one in Hawaii, where he stepped badly in the shell. He doesn't like that.

So what kind of mix?! Great!
And for me, it's memories.
Positive, thankfully!
If I was panicking about the dentist, I'd probably have a piece of trauma in my hand with that bottle.
Wow.

Then we have the other thing, the often praised durability.

I smell him unfortunately not longer than 5 minutes.
I notice it when I spray it on.
Strong. Not acrid but in the direction.
Appears with the movement.
At the very specific smell.
And then, disappears.
Remains only a hunch.
With the others, however, he arrives.
I receive both compliments and the typical questions.
And actually often and even after 10 hours.
So his reputation is well deserved and rightly so!

So it remains for me to say, I love Baccarat.
This being different.
For I feel him to be different.
I perceive him as weird - but positively weird.
Rather a touch more feminine to me.
Have him but also unfortunately never been allowed to smell a man.

This mixture of curiosity and inspiration.
Great!
Only, she just doesn't like to stay with me.
Am I sad about that? Oh, well.
Some things are just the way they are.

Now what? ...let's see what the Extrait so can.

ZerkaloZerkalo 15 days ago
Ethereal sugar coated clouds painted with jasmine, saffron and a mineral edge. Great performance and versatility.
Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 2 months ago
Not working out for my skin and nose. Smelling just Iodine, Iodine pure, which was sold in a tiny brown bottles at chemists`.
T3lk4T3lk4 2 months ago
chemically sweet, overbearing and strong, good for close encounters but not for true intimacy.
StinkypennyStinkypenny 2 months ago
Striking fragrance. Worth the hype, sillage and longevity are gold standard. Given how „young“ it feels, the price doesn’t make sense.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Spun sugary sweet and woody, mossy as it dries down. Magical ethereal quality that makes it subtly sexy and incredibly versatile.
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
I don't know what's so special about this perfume, it smells like a wealthy older man to me, but I wouldn't wear it.
VivienneKVivienneK 4 months ago
Good performance ✓ Quality ingredients ✓ Recognisable ✓ Polarising ✓ Personal tolerance X (due to the dentist's accord).
TOPTOP 5 months ago
I'm disappointed. It's probably not the top perfume in my collection. The environment does not always evaluate him well. It's a contradictor
AndreiSmd93AndreiSmd93 5 months ago
Sugary sweet saffron, candy like. Might not impress from up close, but the sillage is gorgeous, it truly shines in the air. Love it.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 6 months ago
FK took his Armani Mania recipe and made it a little more sparkling and a bit sweeter and boom: BR540 was created. Good but overpriced. 3/5

by Sweetsmell75
by Meaning
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian À la Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian