Baccarat Rouge 540 2016Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 86 in Unisex Perfume
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette)

Jasmine, Saffron, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.10.2020.

I try...
So, now I try to describe this insane smell.

I deliberately omit all the descriptions of the fragrance itself, there are enough of them here.

My baccarat smells on me like ...

Couch and television
a bed that has not been covered after at least 4 wild nights
to the past, to "Mama", to feeling safe and comfortable.
For my cats purring on me when it's cold outside.
According to the paws of my dog who is next to me on the couch groping in my face.
All this together is the fragrance for me, I actually spray it only for me at home and very rarely outside, for that it is almost too bad :D fascinating little fragrance !

My very personal feel-good fragrance, which fits every situation in life
The scent of dolce vita
After years of pausing in the niche fragrance world, I was looking for the fragrances that you "must have tried", and according to all reviews, Baccarat 540 was definitely one of them. I read through everything and treated myself to 10 ml bottling. What can I say - now I need a tub of! But now to the fragrance.

The first time I applied it I was already blown away. I have to say, I love complex, indefinable scents, I love recognizing and classifying every single molecule, and then just following the images in my head. At the first "smelling" Baccarat reminded me of Dzing! by L'Artisan, shrill, screaming, a unique piece in all senses. And then something happened... This dentist's office note, which is a challenge for many, was gone on my skin after only a few minutes and a revelation of wildness, heat, self-confidence and a whole lot of eroticism opened up. The scent of an Italian summer, hot nights, kisses on the beach, Amarone until the doctor arrives, and sweets at every meal. Burnt sugar, cypresses, hot wind, sand on the skin, just apply and let yourself be carried away by your dreams.
The sweetness is definitely very present, but not obtrusive, not honeyed and also not a fruit basket. Sugar it is, almost burnt, and a good shot of cognac on top. Not for the faint hearted or for those who love light scents. You can't hide in the crowd with this scent. It is provocative, demanding and dominant.

I can imagine that in the summer I will realize all this in a completely different way, but now I am in love, no - in love! It just fits, and may this love last forever.
Above the roofs of Istanbul
It was in July 2017 when I got to know and love Baccarat Rouge 540.
Up to that time, niche fragrances were a foreign territory for me.

I arranged to meet a fellow student for coffee that summer evening. We shared a common passion: scents So this date turned into a perfume date. No kidding, he came to the date with a backpack full of bottles.
The people in the café probably thought we were crazy, luckily it was an open roof terrace and so nobody bothered :-)

He introduced me to the world of niche fragrances Kilians, Creeds, Parfums de Marly, Amouage, Bond No. 9, Xerjoff, Memo Paris...I was overwhelmed by the new impressions and partly overwhelmed.

It was tested, evaluated, discussed, and coffee breaks were taken in between to neutralize the nose.

Around midnight I had no more free space, I had sprayed all over my wrists and ankles, I had used up all the test strips.

It looked as if he had saved the best for last: Baccarat Rouge 540 from MFK. A mistake, because I couldn't smell anything despite the extensive coffee breaks, the numerous Turkish Mocha, but I sprayed BR540 half-heartedly on my blouse.

The next morning I was met by a bright, sweetish woody scent. Where does this beautiful scent come from? From my blouse in the laundry basket!
I immediately called the friend, what was the last scent tested? Bacara... what?
It was all over me, I couldn't stop smelling my blouse before he landed with a heavy heart in the washing drum.

BR540 is difficult to describe and put into words, it triggers many associations;
Cotton candy, strawberry jam, caramel? No, sweet wood, fir, woody?
That medical grade! Pharmacy? Dental practice? Bandage, Band-Aid? Tomato vine?

Many have already described the fragrance in detail here, so I don't want to repeat myself or even summarize everything, my overall impression and what I liked most about BR540 was just this sweet and sterile, medical note.

My friend added that Ethyl Maltol, Ambroxan and Hedione make this fragrance so distinctive, but many people are anosmic for it
(fortunately I do not belong to this group).

At that time as a student I could not afford this fragrance, fortunately I regularly got a generous bottling from my colleague. Over time a deep friendship developed between the two of us and BR540 became "our" signature fragrance.

At the same time an endless search for a budget-friendly dupe or replacement began; No. 94 by Atelier Rebul, Ariana Grandes Cloud, Burberry Her, Tinharé and Cosmic by AP thus landed in my collection.
But no, of course, nothing could even come close to matching the masterpiece.

Last year I treated myself to a bottle from my first salary But I was horrified to discover that the formulation had been slightly changed. Much lighter, more transparent or watery and therefore (worsened) durability. Or had my nose changed over time?

Have any of you had a similar experience? (compared to older batches from 2016).

Nevertheless, I was overjoyed, because BR540 stands for my long, unquenched longing to be "reunited" after a long time, as if you would see an old friend again after years.
Familiar, yet slightly alienated.

It fits - correctly and in moderation - for almost all occasions, during the day in the office, in the evening and for going out. It has style and class, radiates elegance, absolutely unisex but must definitely fit the wearer.

I associate very pleasant memories with the fragrance, starting on a balmy summer night under the clear starry sky in Istanbul.

BR540 is radiant, warm, vibrant and magical - just like the vibrant metropolis where we met.
oh baccarat
I was so incredibly curious about this fragrance experience and I was by no means aware that this would really be an experience. A fragrance that everyone feels everybody talks about and yet is not to be found everywhere. I ordered a sample, because unfortunately there was no perfumery near me that had baccarat. First of all I have to say that I know many niche scents - therefore also extraordinary scent compositions that you don't smell every day. But Baccarat is really different! At first I thought "interesting". But I wasn't sure how I should rate this "interesting". Then I thought it was good, and shortly afterwards I thought "oh no, it's not mine at all", as this slightly medical game was new territory for me. I was disappointed BUT - here comes the thing - I couldn't stop smelling it. Even if I moved and perceived the smell again on myself, I was surprised. And I liked it more and more - and now, yes now I adored it. I think Baccarat Rouge 540 is something you have to get to know, let it work, reflect. It is sweet, woody, medicinal and after a while warm. It is so difficult to describe him and I think that is exactly what makes him so magic! For me personally, it stays on my skin for an incredibly long time - I always take a shower in the evening before going to bed and spray myself with perfume. The next day I can still feel it and it surprises me again and again!
Baccarat rouge 540
The first time baccarat rouge was for me an experience I never had before. I would never have thought in my life that saffron can have such an effect on the fragrance. So sweet and yet so woody, this woody comes more and more creeping the more you smell it. And I find the shelf life lasts around 7/8 hours. One evening I sprayed it on my sleeves while walking and the next morning you smelled it unexpectedly. Simply just a strong smell . With this fragrance less is simply more!
Fancynancy
Warm autumn forest kisses jasmine
When I left the house this morning and once again immersed my thoughts in the perfume world, I thought about the fact that I am still not quite satisfied with my collection. Somehow I miss the fragrance. The one that describes me. Quasi my signature scent. I pondered how the scent should smell. It must be woody. Preferably cedar wood, creamy but not too powdery, sweet but not too sweet. (my allday favourite is still the unfortunately totally hated Zadig&Voltaire For Her). But not so the fragrance should not smell like that ? Not so synthetic or violent. Delicate, woody, creamy, soft and sweet. Yes - this is how it should smell Well, and since I'm just crazy and addicted, I crashed into a perfumery right after work today. Not Douglas, no. And as I entered, a rather interesting looking lady came up to me. What are you looking for? And as I was telling the list of my perfume, my eyes fell on ROUGE540. I said: Oh, wow - I've heard a lot of great things about this one. She stopped, sprayed Creed. I smelled it half-assed. Yeah, it smells nice. I'd really like to smell rouge, though.
Ok ok - yes. That's great too. She stared at me. I wonder if I'm worthy of wearing this scent I was curious and almost worried that I would not like the scent because I have a strange nose. And then she sprayed and I lost myself. I smelled it, first very soft, sweet, slightly floral but only for a short time and then it became warmer and warmer and woody all at once. Ohjaaaa - cedar wood. And the rest, unfortunately I can hardly describe. The scent smells just like I spun it together this morning. Warm and woody but in my opinion not too masculine. It smells like forest (I don't associate the scent with the Sahara desert at all), like my home in the Erzgebirge. Of fir forest - no, not of pine slipper infusion - but of resin, this indescribable scent. After cold days and a chocolate at the fireplace, a little after a hot sauna. Even caramel?
After warmth and affection.
Yeah, that's definitely my scent
Sahara at sunset
It is incredibly difficult for me to describe this fragrance and yet I have to try, as it has enchanted me as hardly any other. Baccarat Rouge 540 smells incredibly good, somehow like hot sand. I see the Sahara in front of me at sunset. I don't know any other fragrance that is so "radiant" and so mysterious. A few days ago I tested it in a perfumery and in the following hours I just couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. What a successful composition. I couldn't help it, I had to buy it, although of the high price. It is worth every cent and I am so glad about the hype, otherwise I would probably never have come across it
Like from another world
For the first time I smelled the scent in a lady in a restaurant at the tegernsee - she came around the corner and the scent filled the whole room - it was hard to locate and so I asked people around me as long as they were wearing this wonderful scent - a lady (3 tables away from ours) said that she was often asked and that she was wearing baccarat rouge - I was flashed. I had heard about it but found it absurd to order such an expensive fragrance. After I smelled it, I ordered it the same day
On me I love the fragrance too, it smells indescribable, is somehow always there somehow - however, after several hours I hardly take it anymore and my partner for example does not smell it at all - maybe I try the Extrait de Parfum, because this fragrance is and incomparable, like a memory of another world, a distant country, a beautiful dream - difficult to describe

Expensive cotton candy
This was love at first sniff for me! It does smell like an expensive cotton candy but there is more to it than that. The smell is pretty linear and I typically don't like linear scents. Neither do I like cotton candy (taste or smell). So why did I buy it? This is an amazing fragrance! With all the above, I liked it right away and could not get enough of it since. Very serious crowd pleaser, have not met anyone who did not like it (you could blind buy it and I guarantee 99% you will be happy with your purchase). Very versatile smell, any time of year (except maybe for hot summer days), day or evening, men or women. Very good silage and outstanding performance (2 sprays and you will still smell it 10-12 hours later). It is expensive and also unique, I use it for special occasions but casual use is fine too. A must try!!!

PS Just like Creed Aventus, this one is cloned right and left and the original's still unbeatable if you have a really fine-tuned nose!
Sexy sweet temptation
Hello everyone,

this is my first comment in this community:

After spraying on the test strip I immediately thought: "cool, what a fruity sweetness". So familiar, so seductive... Is it female? Is it male? Yes, what is it anyway? I can't classify it...

I'm getting an appetite for something sweet
The smell reminds me a bit of a carnival
I have to smell again, it's not really strong enough.
I put the test strip away and smell other scents. I finally end up at the "Baccarat Rouge 540" again, it smells unchanged and again I can't stop holding the test strip under my nose.

Hmmmmm...he smells so good but why is he not so strong and present. I spray several times again some of the scent on the test strips.

Hardly any change...

But still I like him and find him sexy and magical. I catch myself smelling it again several times :D

I'm on my way and a few hours go by. I come home and sniff again at my different test strips. Ahhh "Baccarat Rouge 540", that fruity sweetness (that must be jasmine, you can find it at Parfumo)... It still smells completely unchanged, not stronger and not weaker.

Conclusion:
In my opinion a special scent and apparently a true performance monster, which apparently lasts forever.
But I don't suspect a great sillage here, more like a body closeness. Probably the great scent for intimate dating? Well, try it :-)
There's something feminine about him because he's very powdery and sweet. But hey, I'm more into masculine, woody and distinctive scents!!!
Do I still want to smell like 540 Baccarat Rouge? Yes, absolutely. I love it

GreMuserGreMuser 12 days ago
Difficult to describe this beauty, smells like cotton candy but at the same time it's not gourmand, it's lihght and fresh. Special.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 65 days ago
A slightly sweet, yet very smooth salty/floral synthetic Gourmand, balanced by a gentle dry woody base. Sadly lacks depth. Overhyped.
TRehfTRehf 76 days ago
Very sweet, if smelled to closely. The magic happens in the air. Almost like an aura. Sweet, spicy, fresh. Unisex fem leaning. Lasts forever
ToptTopt 139 days ago
0.5
First perfume ever that made me sick, I really dont understand the hype abot this, absolutelly terrible and way to sweet
EvhaEvha 156 days ago
I tested it a few months ago when I didn't know anything about niche perfumes. It was love at first sight. And still remained. Just Perfect!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 6 months ago
Trying this and the extrait on each wrist i find that both hace a very similar scent (delicate and elegant cotton Candy) but this is watery
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 6 months ago
Sexy, unique (once you' know the scent, you'll always know if somebody is wearing one), ethereal yet beast mode. 21st century masterpiece.
ItchynoseItchynose 11 months ago
4.5
Amber and cedar by the bucket. Very raspy dry wood, harsh on the nostrils like the scent of mothballs.
SuperpensSuperpens 16 months ago
crushed rubies in a bottle, not enough words can describe how good this is.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Strange perfume. I like it on others, I don't love it on me!

by Sweetsmell75
by Meaning
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian