Baccarat Rouge 540 2016 Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette)

Jasmine, Saffron, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.06.2021.

MirzAsimMirzAsim 3 months ago

„A Hundred Years of SWEETNESS...”

This perfume is divine. I didn't want to like it since it's so expensive but I tried a sample and it was love at first sniff. I was worried it would...
DrseidDrseid 5 years ago

„Play The Game, Avoid This Luxury Crystal Maker Inspired Perfume...”

Baccarat Rouge 540 opens with a brief dash of saffron spice infused dulled orange before quickly moving to its heart....
An evening in Mallorca
I find it always fascinating how different the associations can be with a fragrance. But what is also certainly the interaction with the skin and the own body odor.

I had previously read no reviews about Baccarat Rouge, so I approached the fragrance quite unprejudiced. When sniffing I immediately had an association and images before my eyes: summer evening in Mallorca, I sit on the terrace of a finca. Before dinner, I take a little walk and smell the cedars, the dry grass, the wildflowers and herbs. This is Baccarat Rouge for me.
Aliven
Hello, beautiful... where are you going?

I have an appointment today.
With Tom.
Tom has been my trusted man for 20 years.
Tom is a dentist.
And I like to go to Tom.
So I walk up the stairs to the dentist's office.
Already here it meets me, this special smell. A little taste at least.
Oh, I may go right through and take a seat.
Take a deep breath.
Take a deep sniff of my wrist.
Indeed. Similarity. I knew it.
Somehow not so tangible, more like a feeling.

There's the cotton candy I'm still quickly snacking on in the dentist's chair.
Sweet, then.
But kind of dry. Does that make sense?
But there's also the hairspray, the smell of which gets mixed in.
Actually only noticeable at that moment, when the hair moves.
Kind of metallic? Yes.
Iodine.
The other one is what, saffron?
I read that, I know it, but I don't know what it smells like. But I like it.
What I actually detect is jasmine and the spicy of cedar.
My girlfriend doesn't smell that at all.
My husband is thinking hospital. But one in Hawaii, where he stepped badly in the shell. He doesn't like that.

So what kind of mix?! Great!
And for me, it's memories.
Positive, thankfully!
If I was panicking about the dentist, I'd probably have a piece of trauma in my hand with that bottle.
Wow.

Then we have the other thing, the often praised durability.

I smell him unfortunately not longer than 5 minutes.
I notice it when I spray it on.
Strong. Not acrid but in the direction.
Appears with the movement.
At the very specific smell.
And then, disappears.
Remains only a hunch.
With the others, however, he arrives.
I receive both compliments and the typical questions.
And actually often and even after 10 hours.
So his reputation is well deserved and rightly so!

So it remains for me to say, I love Baccarat.
This being different.
For I feel him to be different.
I perceive him as weird - but positively weird.
Rather a touch more feminine to me.
Have him but also unfortunately never been allowed to smell a man.

This mixture of curiosity and inspiration.
Great!
Only, she just doesn't like to stay with me.
Am I sad about that? Oh, well.
Some things are just the way they are.

Now what? ...let's see what the Extrait so can.
Provocative
Had a bottler of the EDP and must confess that I am quite ambivalent to the fragrance:

If you are looking for a really extremely sweet yet elegant fragrance without a budget, keep Baccarat Rouge in mind. He offers as already appointed a constant sweetness with a really incredibly good durability + sillage. The fragrance also has great potential when it comes to grab attention or sensation.
I myself must say, however, that this fragrance, which is already the "lighter" version of Baccarat Rouge represent (there is still the extrait de parfum with red bottle) after a certain time gives me well and gladly times headache and people from the environment can also feel sometimes "disturbed". Just the second point you should take in purchase.

It is nevertheless a good fragrance with its own style: just the flacon is just breathtakingly beautiful and fits very well to the character of the fragrance.

The biggest of all problems is in my opinion the price...70ml for at least 180€ are really sporty, which is why I recommend it to everyone to test the fragrance before
Summarizing:
A good, loud and especially sweet fragrance, which, however, is not something for everyone. If you want to stand out or even provoke the fragrance is a terrific recommendation, but you should test it beforehand and think twice if it is worth the money to you.
Another comment on BR540
Sure, by now you would like to think that everything has already been said about this fragrance, but still this scent draws me so under its spell that I can not help but share my thoughts on it with you. I hope you see it after me!

Although the fragrance was released back in 2015 and has probably always enjoyed absolute hype, I only found out about it a few months ago. This is probably also because I was not really active in perfume communities and therefore simply did not know what is hot. Nevertheless, it was clear: as a fan of oriental perfumes, I had to at least test this overpriced thing. No sooner said than done. A nice friend sent me a sample and thus nothing more stood in the way.

At the first spraying on I was absolutely enraptured, but also really amazed. Due to the many comments here I expected a violent sugar bomb and although he is quite sweet, I've already tested by far sticky-sweet and more massive headache candidates - This is, in my opinion, not one of them. And to reduce BK540 to its sweetness alone, I also don't think it's really appropriate, at least for my nose. Because under the clear sweetness, there are quite profound, woody-resinous notes. And above it all, there's a special kind of airiness that I can't quite place, but find beautiful. All of this together complements each other insanely well and makes this fragrance very special and yet still suitable for everyday wear. I already wrote that in my statement and I still stand by it after a few more trial sprays by now: This fragrance is addictive! I find it so beautiful that I am a bit happy every time I notice it again and again during the day. And I definitely do! The durability is very good and the sillage actually also, only in my opinion it is not a sillage that takes the breath away from bystanders and fills rooms, but is by this certain loose airiness always just a "well perceivable hint" - Like when someone with a great fragrance walks past you and you turn around and ask what a bombshell fragrance that was.

Although I know how off-putting hypes and such prices are, I can only urge everyone to try it and be open to it. There is more behind this facade than meets the eye. :)
Hate/Love
The gorge between hate and love is probably rarely as large as with Baccarat Rouge 540. The one praise him in the sky, the other do not understand the hype. I for my part find myself in the middle and recommend everyone to get a bottling and make themselves a picture!
Although the list of notes seems very short, this fragrance still exudes a tremendous complexity and depth. At the beginning, a nuance of synthetic. Which is subtly reminiscent of a cotton candy and decreases continuously over time.
The saffron note is very present and gets to the base more and more power. Exactly this in conjunction with jasmine makes Baccarat Rouge quite elegant and extremely unusual. For me, the fragrance seems all in all very natural, balanced and high-quality.

Unisex yes. Polarizing no. Exactly here I see for me the problem. Although the fragrance brings an enormous depth and elegance, he works for me rather little polarizing. Also, the reactions fall out very differently with this fragrance.
The situations in which the fragrance is well portable are rather low.
Whereby one definitely attracts attention. With women I see him something more versatile applicable.

Of elegance and exceptionality
hard to beat it is still not worth the price for me. A filling here is enough for me completely.
No love at first sight
While browsing in the KaDeWe I was magically attracted by the MFK booth and tried me through the great scents.
When I got this sweet, almost cotton candy-like smell sprayed on the test strip, my opinion of him was modest.
I then had a travel size of Baccarat Rouge in my MFK set and then I was hooked. I ventured into it again and it seduced me all day.
I can't describe the feelings this incredible scent evokes in me. It is so incredibly flattering and pleasant.

The sweet cotton candy transforms over time into an elegant warm seduction, wrapping around the body like a veil of liquid gold.

I guess I'll have to load up my not-too-plump student purse with this fragrance.
Cluddi
This is what it smells like at the dentist
Since I landed here at Parfumo and dived into the world of niche fragrances, I occasionally watch videos to get inspired to get new ideas. As I've noticed many times by now, fragrances that are incredibly hyped are not meant for my nose. So was BR540. I got myself a small 2ml sample. Completely excited about what awaits me, I sprayed off. First impression was dentist's office. As I then noticed here later when looking through the reviews, it is again either love or hate. With me quite clearly the latter. On my skin I smell absolutely only dentist. And that after the 3rd attempt. Now it may wander on. I hope I am not again in the air torn as already once.... I wish all lovers who love this fragrance much joy in their treasure. As I said, I speak and evaluate only for me. And I'm just giving my opinion, that's what we're here for, right?
overrated
I must honestly admit that I would never have come from bottle and from the fragrance description, in the sense to try this perfume. I was just irritated, whether the hype is what it.
Unfortunately, I have to say that I can not understand many. Yes, the fragrance is unique, it lasts forever and is somehow what special, but he is not particularly good. He is not particularly bad after all. It is for me somehow, like when I eat a variety of chips that taste to me only so naja, but so addictive that I still can not stop.
On me, the scent is like dentist and cotton candy at the same time, which keeps me in my arms the whole time.
Of course, the longevity is a beast. This scent just doesn't seem to go away. It's not unpleasant, but I probably won't buy it.
Unisex fits this fragrance quite well, I also can't say which gender I would lean more towards in this.
The Flacon I find everything but pretty bin. Simply inconspicuous.
He needs time....
Have today smelled the fragrance for the first time & tested. It was a pure blind purchase by me and I have relied on the countless positive reviews.
What can I say, the first spray. Cotton candy scent shoots up my nose, the scent spreads frantically through the room.
Hmm, whether that is all? Then after about 20-30 minutes a sweet, woody sugary note comes through that I really like. The scent is extremely present but not at all intrusive.
The durability I will test the days more precisely, the first impression is very nice. A niche fragrance as you actually do not know. I can well imagine that here the opinions differ extremely! In my opinion, a beautiful fragrance that covers a niche that I did not know before!
MariaWeDe
From zero to one hundred
The first time I sprayed it on I thought oh yeah, there it is, that feeling when my dentist takes an impression of me with that dubious paste. And that is not necessarily the best experience. Completely confused by the smell, I first held it up to my boyfriend and asked if he knew where the hype was coming from. Why is this strange scent one of the favorites of the fragrance scene? Why is it always being touted? Admittedly, because of the bottle I was kind of expecting something sugary, gourmand and was perhaps doubly surprised at first. Anyway, the bottling is there, now the fragrance must also be tested.

And then it is done around me.

So I wore the scent all day and after a few hours my feeling towards it changed. I still notice the dental office, but all of a sudden I just got hooked and had to smell it all the time. All of a sudden I realize why it is so special, Baccarat Rouge is not like any other fragrance. I once heard that once you smell this fragrance, you will always recognize it and that's exactly how it is. I couldn't have known that I would develop such a soft spot for this spicy saffron note. But it is so special, so different. I think of a seasoned person, one who is determined and has a special character. I have only one problem now:

Who's gonna buy me the goddamn full version???

RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 days ago
Spun sugary sweet and woody, mossy as it dries down. Magical ethereal quality that makes it subtly sexy and incredibly versatile.
Blako11Blako11 17 days ago
I don't know what's so special about this perfume, it smells like a wealthy older man to me, but I wouldn't wear it.
VivienneKVivienneK 1 month ago
Good performance ✓ Quality ingredients ✓ Recognisable ✓ Polarising ✓ Personal tolerance X (due to the dentist's accord).
TOPTOP 2 months ago
I'm disappointed. It's probably not the top perfume in my collection. The environment does not always evaluate him well. It's a contradictor
AndreiSmd93AndreiSmd93 2 months ago
Sugary sweet saffron, candy like. Might not impress from up close, but the sillage is gorgeous, it truly shines in the air. Love it.
PalmbeachPalmbeach 3 months ago
1.5
I don't like it. She doesn't feel well. It smells like a dental office.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 months ago
FK took his Armani Mania recipe and made it a little more sparkling and a bit sweeter and boom: BR540 was created. Good but overpriced. 3/5
MariaSMariaS 7 months ago
I loved the smell but then I tested casino royale by dua,same vibes, better performance &1/3 of the price. Still haven’t bought any of them.
IcufishIcufish 7 months ago
Copy of Al Hareem (Yas) with added dental office smell. Yas is much better. BR is way overhyped and unoriginal.
GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
Difficult to describe this beauty, smells like cotton candy but at the same time it's not gourmand, it's lihght and fresh. Special.

by Sweetsmell75
by Meaning
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian