Baccarat Rouge 540 (2016)Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Jasmine, Saffron, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 03.04.2020.

10.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

The invisible guest
The apartment slowly fills with darkness, only the light of the candle flickers reflectively on my wall. There it is again, this warm embrace. This moment that caresses my shoulders and neck. Warm and nostalgic. I pause, trying to remember something, to listen carefully. So familiar, so close, but not visible. These are the moments when I feel this fragrance embracing me, whispering in my ear and then quietly disappearing again without turning around, without saying goodbye. And I know that Baccarat Rouge is not a fragrance. It is a smell. A warm companion, a confident invisible guest. A silent companion for me that I never want to let go.
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Feelings
I am very fresh in the "perfume game" and this is my first comment.

I dedicate it to a perfume that I couldn't get out of my head from the first time I smelled refugees on a test strip
When I recently received my first bottle, after the first spraying on my skin, it triggered feelings for which I would have declared people crazy just half a year ago when they talk about a perfume in this way.

For me as an inexperienced nose my absolute favorite perfume by far.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Is my nose broken?
I actually didn't intend to comment on this fragrance, simply because it has been described and evaluated so often that after 2 years of using and loving it, I didn't think it was necessary anymore.
But now... it's sunday and i just finished my YouTube perfume marathon.
Again and again our beloved Baccarat Rouge still appears and the descriptions are always very similar.
It is described as very sweet, candy like, caramel candy, cotton candy etc etc etc.
I always think we're talking about the same scent

To me, Baccarat Rouge smells like a fluffy unsweet pancake in an unedible way (hah joa funny).
Then a little harsh, a little warm sexy sexy skin, a little wood But all in all airy, light and minimally sweet, which however has absolutely nothing to do with H&S, because there this fragrance plays aggressive, monstrous.
A splash on the neck, one on the décolleté and one on the wrists (just to be able to sniff at it all day long like a madwoman) and you are more than well served.

This perfume has something so incredibly addictive that I always get a little envious when I smell it on another woman just because I might have chosen a different fragrance that day haha.
I always leave a compliment, though.

On men it develops a little bit different, more masculine and woody but unbelievably sexy.
With men it is harder for me to recognize the scent immediately, so it happened to me that I asked men about their scents and in the end I was astonished to hear Baccarat Rouge.

Absolute aphrodisiac for self-confident personalities who are not afraid to fill a room with their perfume. Sexy Sexy Sexy

Art of seduction
I could say a few wise words about the genius of Francis Kurkdjian, who succeeded in creating a fragrance that is round and perfect with apparently very few ingredients. I could talk about sillage and durability - both extraordinary - and all that would be true.
But then I would dodge around the actual theme of this fragrance, and it is so clear and unambiguous, so free of any clichés, as I have never before perceived in a fragrance, seduction.
Baccarat Rouge is like the morning after a night of love in a very luxurious, very expensive hotel room. In a moment, the shutters will be opened in front of the windows and the sun and the sobriety of the day will be let into the room. But before that, you let yourself sink back into the scent of a silky pillow, a hug full of tenderness, softness and still lust.
It's like dancing the tango at four in the morning, the sweat on your body, the rhythm, the heat. Two faces, very close together and the breath in between heavy with tiredness and desire.
Saffron opens the game, and this time it doesn't come out of the spice pots of Thousand and One Nights, but with a cool, almost clinically sterile aesthetic. "I don't care," he whispers, "Do You?" And while we are irritated, while we wait for him to stop giving us the cold shoulder, the jasmine slowly opens, puts shimmering lights and an exclamation mark behind the realization that we have already passed the point of no return, because now the ambergrimony penetrates us, velvety, softly flattering, of overwhelming physicality. And at the latest now we have landed in the hotel room, at the latest now we are dancing tango, breathless, feverish, and sparkling Baccarat crystal bathes everything in its red light.
I don't want to analyze that smell. I want to succumb to him. And bow down: before its beauty, its uniqueness. Before Francis Kurkdjian and very great (seduction) art.
8.0 10.0 10.0 6.5/10

Sweet Child O`mine
Even before I could even sample it myself, I was surprised by a nice member here. Could not wait to test this scent. Based on the scent pyramid, I expected a spicy-woody scent, which would get the necessary warmth and balance from the ambergris. But then everything changed...

After spraying on the test strip, I could hardly believe my nose and for a short time I was really convinced that my soup partner might have made a mistake when filling it.
This unbelievably sweet fragrance cloud that came towards me surprised me very much. At the moment I had a mountain of waffles before my eyes. There are strawberries on these waffles and this waffle-strawberry combo floats in a sea of syrup. Sweet is the leading attribute here. Unfortunately, my nose cannot perceive saffron and woody notes. The sweetness, even if it is very concise, is not cheap or even unpleasant. It is very sophisticated and multi-faceted and I understand why the creation is so popular in the community.

The test strip still smells like it four days after testing. So I would say that the durability is virtually infinite with this fragrance. From the skin I had to wash him unfortunately after one hour, because it was too much for my mind.

If you like sweet fragrances that have an incredible shelf life, you've come to the right place. For me, it will probably remain a unique experience.
8.0 10.0 8.0 8.0/10

Gluckspilz
Everybody be quiet! I think I smell something...
...and that's not much. Baccarat Rouge 540 EDP has been described so intensively that I would like to leave it with a short comment. I hardly enter my daughter's room with one or two sprayers, at least 3 meters away from her: Ew, Dad, you have an extreme cotton candy smell. Go away, smells all sweet, like a carnival. My wife: Super smell, smells great, can I borrow it? My wife wears ONLY Casmir EdP, NEVER another fragrance. She also never wanted to borrow a fragrance from me and these are not few possibilities she would have. What about me? Smell almost nothing. I'll do my best. Yes, a little medical, far away something sweet, tomato, rubbery, burnt I rhyme together. Apparently not compatible for molecular scents. Smell everything else, but here relatively little. Still, fascinating..
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Azucena
Mirror, mirror, on the wall.
...are you the most beautiful in all the land?

How long I've been sneaking around you... thinking if you're worth all that dough, if you can really be sooooo good.

I've been trying to find lookalikes to match yours. Pretty ridiculous. Forget it. That won't work. It's just not the real stuff.
Many try to copy you, but none of them succeed.

It's clear to me:
You are the most beautiful in all the land.

So now you're standing in my perfume closet, you most beautiful, and I can say: yes, you're worth your money. You do a good job. In fact, you do it so well, I think you're almost too good to carry.
I don't have so many noble opportunities in my everyday life that would be worthy of you.

But I have decided for myself that I will wear you at least on those evenings when I feel like sublime warmth. Even if I just want to cuddle with you. And nothing else. No party, no fuss. Evenings when I slip out of the bathtub and want to feel even more comfortable than I already do, so freshly bathed. You can do it.
You are taking the perfume game here to a whole new level. A level I didn't know before, but I really like it.

I often wonder what Maitre Kurkdjian was thinking about when he created you? It must have been something supernaturally beautiful.

What I had in mind as a supposed fragrance twin:
1. Cloud by Ariana Grande
2. Her Intense from Burberry
I do not know the others mentioned here.
I can only say this much: what easily(!) comes near you is the number two, the Burberry. It's from the hand of your maker. Of course, he's not building something new for the competition that smells even better than you. Logo.
No. 1 smells a bit like you - but is much louder, clumsier and less noble than you are. Fragrance lovers would call these comparisons blasphemy ;) but fortunately I'm not one of them.
At best, one can use the two mentioned above to check whether the most beautiful woman in the country might be well disposed to one.

You have the most beautiful saffron I've ever smelled. Also, your ambergris is a real dream. The typical Haudrauf jasmine, which otherwise causes me headaches and not least headaches, is very discreet and of high quality here. For once, I have no problems with her at all.
With the available woods I have to think of these bean tendrils from the fairy tale. The ones that take you to the clouds. For this sublimity is almost heavenly.

I'm glad I dared to let you move in with me. You were my first MFK. And probably not my last. Great cinema, I'm really excited. :)
8.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

AdAstra72
That's why I'm easy ... I'm easy like Sunday morning ...
Admittedly, I had a little respect for BR 540. After reading the comments, I had a picture of something brutally sweet and rather unpleasantly synthetic in front of my eyes. But curious as I am, I had to test the natural ;)

The headline "Sugared tomato green in practice" by Noche27 comes very close to my feeling ... in the most pleasant way!

The light note of a dental practice is definitely present at the beginning, but does not arouse any negative associations in me, as I have only had good experiences with dentists so far and have never been afraid of the dentist ... really true!

I experience the fragrance as present and at the same time reserved, as perceptibly sweet but not overly sugary, as clean-synthetic and at the same time natural ... these contrasts also make me understand some of Schoork's commentary and his trip described very well, only that I perceive it as not so strong and overpresent.

On my skin Baccarat Rouge 540 EdP is beautiful and in a very relaxed way slightly invigorating.
A real "Sunny-Sunday-Scent" ... nothing hurries, I blink into the autumn sun, I am satisfied and needless.
"Coffee and pie?"
"Oh why... i don't really need anything. Just sit here with me."

That's why I'm easy
Aah, aah, aah, aah
I'm easy like Sunday morning ...
8.0 8.0 7.0 7.5/10

Strawberry syrup
After the polarizing comments, I had no choice... I ordered the bottling to finally figure out how I would perceive the scent. Will I love him or hate him? Do I have to buy a bottle now? Or wash off quickly after spraying?

I spray carefully. And... strawberries, fresh strawberries. Then strawberry syrup and cotton candy. Later I smell wood, pine and amber. Hm... I think it's nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. The double-cross doesn't show until a few hours later. Now I smell the medicine I read about in some comments. I can identify this grade for me as iodine solution, that was probably the dental office in comments... But the iodine note only makes the composition more interesting for me, otherwise the fragrance would just be a sweet treat, just like many fragrances currently are. I won't buy the scent for now, but "Chapeau, Chapeau!" to the master.

PS: Those for whom the medical grade of B is too much, however, have a harmless alternative of the fragrance, namely from the same master. That would be Her Burberry (2018).
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

better than extract
i do own both extract and edp and edp i like more its more long lasting its smelling better people like it, its better priced and its worth the money, if u can afford it u can blind buy it its one of the best perfumes in the market right now......... niche quality no doubt.
6.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Best in class!
A elegant work of art! This was the perfume I wore at my sisters wedding. I really get the feeling that I'm smelling a red Crystal, what genuis in this bottle. I get a burnt sugar smell but I cannot see the cotton candy that people talk about. The saffron Cedar and ambergris give the red opulent feel to this scent.
A modern masterpiece that last and lasts for over 12h+! An absolute stunner, Love it!

Never again without
I think it was the name Francis Kurkdjian that made me realize for the first time that behind the scents and their houses there are also creative noses. Like so many other perfumes, I started my fragrance life many years ago with the two well-known mainstream perfumeries. After a long time of scent disinterest, my revival began with Kurkdjian's Le Male, which I don't like to say I actually discovered years after its release. Until then I didn't know that Le Male was so successful, so often used and therefore despised. Without this knowledge, however, I found the fragrance great; and now, for the first time, I became interested in perfumers. I followed Kurkdjian's trail, but was disappointed at first, because some highly praised scents like Masculin Pluriel or Lumiere Noire disappointed me in every respect.
Only Baccarat Rouge showed me how ingenious Kurkdjian is: to create a fragrance out of so few ingredients that is so unmistakable, so harmonious, so delightful!! What an art to create such a fruity scent (for me BR actually smells like orange) without fruits! So far I don't have a fragrance in my (still clear) collection that is so fresh, but at the same time so warm.
All in all, Baccarat Rouge is a fragrance I wouldn't want to miss anymore
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Wild at Heart
Hey. After nearly one and a half years in the forum now my first comment ;)
Every perfume newbie stumbles upon the name Kurkdijan during his first searches in the forum. It was the same with me. Since I experienced my scent socialization by Pieper or Douglas until I joined the perfume community, I didn't know most of the scents discussed here at all. And so as soon as a comment or statement inspired me and I thought "Hey! That sounds great", I ordered bottlings of the respective fragrances. Meanwhile hardly a week passes without any bottling. I'm really easy to inspire ;-)
Now to Baccarat Rouge. When I sprayed it on the back of my hand for the first time as a test, I was only sniffing for the rest of the day. How good and how different, than everything I had smelled so far, this smell smelled! Sure, he smells really cute, but he's so different. None of these sweet scents you often come across in gyms. As far as the individual scents are concerned, I have to say that unfortunately I am not allowed to smell anything. Others can do that much better, so I can't go into it at all.
I also think that the sex of the wearer doesn't play a role at all in this fragrance and that doesn't mean that everyone can wear it. With this fragrance it just has to fit! It's like an accessory that's the icing on the cake of your styling.
Maybe someone remembers the movie Wild at Heart by David Lynch. This road movie is about the love story between Sailor and Lula. Sailor was then impersonated by Nicolas Cage, who today is more likely to be seen in B movies. In any case, Sailor alias Nicolas Cage had the whole film to do with fleeing from the killer and above all: being incredibly cool! The most important thing for Sailor, besides Lula, was his snake leather jacket, which he wore throughout the film. It was a "symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom" - what great words for a snake leather jacket ;). We can leave out the last part of the quote, but in terms of individuality, Baccarat Rouge is the snake leather jacket here. Not that Sailor would give the impression of smelling that way or using perfume at all. Except sweat and pomade there was probably not much ;)
Rather, it is individuality. In my opinion, Baccarat Rouge is so special that the division into male, female and unisex is no longer sufficient. It must fit one as a guy. You actually feel enveloped when you wear the scent, it surrounds you with an aura. And anyone who smells this scent knows this is not a 08/15 scent. This scent is special. He's cute, but by no means feminine. And in contrast to the snake leather jacket, which could only be worn in the dusty area of this road movie and which only Lula found really horny, Baccarat Rouge is really a place where this scent is often mentioned, because one thing this scent is certainly not, namely boring.
8.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Strong fabric
I said in advance that the fragrance doesn't suit me at all.
I can't really say exactly why that is. When I smelled him a long time ago, it was Mrs. Schoork, I liked him much better.
It's more like a feeling of guilt about myself.

I walk around with it and feel guilty that the birds are falling from the trees.
I have a guilty conscience that I haven't been to the dentist for a while.
I feel like a witness to Jojoba and have the need to talk to people about caring oils.
I feel radioactive and am afraid that I will split.
I feel like a naked knight, somehow indignant.
I am afraid that because of me the polar caps will melt faster and that tomorrow my district will look like in Prypjat.
I ask myself the whole day essential questions like e.g.
If swimming makes slim, what do whales do wrong? or
Why is there no cat food with mouse taste? or in which colour does a smurf start up if you choke it?
The whole thing started quite violently. 2 sprayers and then BADUMS. I was awake!
I'm reading about tomatoes here. Watt?
I also read of more than 3x spray...Watt?

I have conteminiert my complete apartment and down below the first patients announce themselves for a root canal treatment.
So don't get me wrong, the scent is quite porous, but I just feel like I'm in the wrong body. I've been walking around all day saying, "Let me doctor, I'm through." I can't describe him either. I can make out a little jasmine and maybe amber, but to describe the whole thing in the course...no there I come to my limits.
Dentist, medical, recovery room, I can somehow feel all that, I also find it a little sweet, but I don't want to smell like that at all.
This fragrance is a paradox. Basically a well made fragrance, but I don't want to smell like that.

I thought it was paradoxical just to buy condoms for the affair and get loyalty points for it, or if someone breaks a leg in the twinkling of an eye.

It's hard to describe and carry. He makes me feel like I'm never alone again. So many people love him and I don't understand him. All of a sudden, I'm so sorry about everything. Will I ever smile again? That's how Timm Thaler must have felt.

I don't want to say that I'm very emotional now, but I find it totally sad that I can't lick my elbow.

My eyes have been watering all day, somehow. The scent lasts forever and with it I endure. The base calms down a bit and I like to breathe again.

What a trip.
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

DerDefcon
Who or what are you? And why are you acting like this?
The two questions mentioned in the title were those that occupied me during the days when I tested Baccarat Rouge 540. Yes, I know that it is warm and that this fragrance is actually designed for milder to colder temperatures. I tested the fragrance mainly in the evening or at night, because as a busy student I spend the nights writing my homework. At this time the house cools down noticeably again and the rather difficult testing beyond the 30 degree mark is spared.

I wondered why this scent behaved like that. How's he behaving now? I can tell you it's sneaky. To describe his behaviour as treacherous is perhaps somewhat unfair, because a scent in itself, which is not prepared by itself, but is prepared, cannot be treacherous in its essence. Nevertheless, I chose this adjective because I perceived its communicativeness quite differently - yes - even completely underestimated it.
When spraying on the back of the hand - we're talking about a very small amount that comes from the atomizer - I notice the very quiet start. At the beginning it seems very alcoholic and I can't really figure out what it is. In the comments to the fragrance I read something about tomato green and a sugary dentist. The smell of the tomato green comes very close to what comes out of the bottle. I thus characterize the scent character as a very distanced one, which does not want to invite you to cuddle like many other winter scents, but radiates all its seriousness and coolness to the outside. He keeps his whole environment at a distance and expects full respect. But even people with a hard shell have a soft core.
In the further course of the fragrance a good portion of sweetness is added. However, this sweetness never becomes sticky and penetrating, which still has to do with the serious, distanced basic character of the fragrance. Due to the absence of the sticky caramel, we have to deal with a serious and noble sweetness, fully designed for seriousness and maturity, but nevertheless incredibly room-filling. It is precisely this space-filling element that makes me think of the already mentioned insidiousness. The Sillage is really enormously strong. The only thing that's inferior or surprising here is that you don't even notice it yourself. If the opening is still relatively restrained, the scent becomes a little later surprisingly stronger rather than weaker. This can be determined over a period of several hours. Baccarat Rouge 540 thus comes across as the personified seriousness that has thrown itself into a garment of sugar for a party among bright people in order not to appear quite so serious and bitter. At the party, which is made up of young, excited people, our personified seriousness appears with a maturity from which the other participants are miles away. At some point, however, it is enough for our personified seriousness to be satisfied with the immature behaviour of the others and she speaks a word of power, so that all eyes fall on her, only to calm down again afterwards and radiate inner peace and seriousness.

The scent is and remains a mystery to me, but I like it somehow. His character is so unique that not everyone can or wants to wear him. For me it fits into the deepest winter, in which he creates around his wearer an aura of seriousness, distance and maturity, which tries to become more accessible through occasional sweetness. Seriousness and maturity are usually associated with enormous ambition and perseverance. The latter is by no means lacking in Baccarat Rouge 540. On the skin it lasts 48 hours even after a shower.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The Aura of the King
The scent blew me away! Just everything fits on this one. The fragrance, the performance, the presentation.
It's my first choice once I wear a suit. Simply seductive and elegant at the same time. The scent surrounds you like a smooth sweet cloud. The fragrance is very light-footed and spreads beautifully in the air. He has a delicate sweetness that lies beautifully in the surrounding air and is waiting to be noticed. And under this sweet one hides a wonderfully mouldy Saffran that rounds the whole thing off. It's hard to describe how the scent behaves. What I can say, however, is that he performs very well despite the lightness of the fragrance. To be exact, better than any other scent on me. He projects beautifully 6 hours + on my skin. And with only one sprayer. The durability is even better. Each time longer than ten hours.
And during this time, he only collects compliments. I've been asked about it many times and it just works. Especially the women love him. However, not everyone likes this kind of sweetness, so I can recommend a test phase first. Besides, it's a beast.
He gives them an aura of royalty. Short and sweet
7.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Paris91
Climate on and windows completely down...
i already knew...

I bought a bottle of this "little fog" a few months ago. I liked him, but I couldn't really place him either.
He swings between cotton candy, orange juice and something dirty. Yes, he has a slight "sex note" ;)

Since it is a unisex scent - which I refused to knit about myself until recently, but now all of a sudden I'm going for it (except for the TF's), I test it on skin first on my friend.
Oh, that was a huge mistake. He pulled a giant scent cloud behind him in Ikea. And I found him not really manly. He's just too cute!

Yeah, after that, he stood there like that. Until today! There has been so much written about him here, but since he's been sticking in my nose all day, I have to comment on him now
The Baccarat Rouge polarizes, we know. That he spent hours sniffing at you is also. That you should never take more than one sprayer, you should also know.

So what didn't I know?

-That my friend tells me that I stink and never wanted to have myself out of the car so much (Ps. we have our sixth anniversary today..)
-the people behind me at the cash register today ran to another cash register (Ps. at the other cash registers were long lines...)
-I am just so nauseous and I prefer to eat a meat loaf roll because of this extreme sweet!!

What does that mean to me now? Well, he'll probably disappear in the back of the corner again and if he gets out at all only at minus 20 degrees
But I won't judge him badly. It is well made and the durability which one criticizes so with many scents is top here. So...

i'm gonna take a shower.
8.0 9.0 9.0 5.5/10

Top 10 for life
"Top 10 for life" is the headline. Who has now expected by the title, a praise, how this fragrance will be forever my favorite and has a place in my collection, I unfortunately have to disappoint him. I became interested in fragrances after seeing some reviews and Youtube videos. The familiar faces. So I slipped into the perfume game, most of my generation would probably say New German now, if you can call it that. You can say what you want about Youtuber and her "unbiasedness", but the fact is that it brings the subject out and people of my age group start to take an interest in it. To get back to the fragrance, there's hardly a "Top 10 for life" list (I know, wonderfully lurid or?) of Youtubers that doesn't mention Baccarat 540. If you take a look at my watchlist, you will notice that it is significantly influenced by Youtube reviews and "hype". I just want to smell good, I don't care about smelling artistic or especially refined. I wear what I love and hopefully others will love. Through the Youtube videos I had a clue, what you can try, if you want to realize the just mentioned. These Youtube videos and the corresponding "hype" that comes up with many fragrances, makes sure that I test some fragrances, but not under any circumstances, and this is to emphasize and to prove wonderfully with this example that I buy into the "hype". In other words, I orientate myself, but I must be 100% convinced of a fragrance in order to get it, because my absolute maximum will be a maximum of 20 fragrances. So I ordered a bottle of a lovely perfume, thank you very much again and received it this morning. My God, I was looking forward to the test, as I had already heard so much about this fragrance. Now my totally objective evaluation:

Fragrance:

Head/approx. 1 hour: I have long thought about how to describe it, look at the comment below me, that's it. It smells like you've been picking tomatoes all day and then getting the scent back from your hands with disinfectants sprayed wildly on the palm of your hand. I don't know how people who have this scent in their collection are doing, but I find it almost disgusting. I'm sorry that I find such hard words, but I find it quite unpleasant to smell...

Heart/ca. 1/1,30 hours : The top note has unfortunately not completely disappeared yet... but it becomes less chemical, ambergris gets through easily and you can sense how the fragrance will smell in the base. It becomes more woody and therefore a little more complex.

Base / about 4-6 hours: It's finally time, even the last bit of the top note is gone. It now smells really pleasant, very pleasant, not too sweet ambergris mixes with wood, that is the only thing I still notice. It smells really pleasant, but also not very complex, or so that I would say "Oh, that's awesome".

Durability/Sillage: First of all, you will become anosmic very quickly. You won't experience anything more of the drydown if you don't smell directly at the places where you sprayed. The fragrance is very well perceived from the outside, at least for the first 3 hours. Shelf life, as derived from the notes, lies at 6-8 hours on my skin. This makes the durability and sillage absolutely perfect for my sensation.

Dosage: Not too demanding, so you can spray up to 5 times. It surrounds you in an arm-length fragrance cloud, depending whether outside or inside, so I would spray 3-5 times. But please, please, please, NEVER, if I'm near you ( sorry, I couldn't help it :D).

Portable when and where: This fragrance is light and, in my opinion, wearable all year round. I would recommend wearing it in spring or summer if you want to draw attention to yourself and the scent is to be perceived really well, which doesn't mean that you can't start spraying even in cold weather if you want Baccarat. I would wear it to formal events or in the office, because it's nice and discreet, but even if I don't like it, it smells noble and expensive. Casual, I'd find him out of place, actually. But it all depends on the type, the clothing style and many other components.

Conclusion: Never buy blind. Please I really don't! No matter how often it's recommended and praised in heaven. Do yourself a favor and test it first! For me, heart and base are okay, the top note was one of the most terrible I've ever smelled. He's a good craftsman. Dut components, can be smelled out, and what he's supposed to do, he does. Durability and Sillage are top!

I will evaluate fragrances now in the future, after testing, exactly in this scheme, I hope you were able to get suggestions and impressions by this comment and I have not offended anybody. Im sorry, its just my humble opinion :)
A fragrance can rewaken the best moments of your life.

In this sense: Make memories and keep them in a bottle :)
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Sweetened tomatoes in practice
Do you know the scent when you remove the green from vine tomatoes and smell it on your fingers, paired with that of a small cozy doctor's office plus a mini sugar icing on top?

These 3 components flow into me when I try Baccarat Rouge 540.

In 2-3 steps here subliminal happiness hormones are released.
You seem to feel safe and healthy. Well, the sugar is not healthy, but it also creates a happy mood.

In addition, the expected pain in the doctor's office is absent and thus a second batch of happiness hormones is released.

The third thrust comes spontaneously from time to time, when you get a serious compliment from your fellow men.

I find Eau de Parfum more intense and longer lasting than Extrait.
Therefore my recommendation rather to the "more favorable" version.

But in all, both are very great scents.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Crystalline Forest
Hey hey!
I'm describing Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian tonight. If one of you now thinks of the game of chance Baccarat (also known as Baccarat, i.e. written without the "t" at the end"), he (or she) is wrong, because Baccarat does not mean the card game, but a token. Baccarat is a 250 year old manufacturer of high-quality crystals and glasses. On the occasion of its 250th anniversary, this manufacturer wanted to present itself with a high-quality fragrance, so to speak, and chose MFK as its fragrance manufacturer, so that the two noble brands worked together to produce this fragrance. From Baccarat came the great crystal bottle, from MFK of course the fragrance.

By the way, the number 540 in the name refers to the manufacturing process of a certain crystal color of the manufacturer, the baccarat red, which turns red by adding gold dust (24-carat) to the molten crystal and then heating it to 540 degrees Celsius.

So, after all this has been clarified and you now know how you could theoretically make baccarat red yourselves, I can come to the fragrance.

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts with blood orange (oh, it's very suitable in colour :) and sweet jasmine, and there's also a bit of herbaceous saffron, which on paper sounds unusual to the sweet fragrance, olfactory but smells very nice and goes well with it, but the intensity of saffron is still rather low.
Unfortunately, the blood orange, which I found quite nice, fades quite quickly. Or to put it another way, it becomes so weak that you can only perceive it a little when you smell it precisely on the sprayed spot, because it is quickly superimposed by the sweet, sugary scents. Otherwise, the fragrance smells more like jasmine, with the sweet note of amber quickly being joined by another sweet note.
After the top note, the fragrance becomes a little more bitter and a little more... medical... this may be due to the fir balm, but for me it also smells a little bit like medically scented scents, like camphor for example. But I find this neither pungent nor disturbing, since the camphor-like scent is firstly weakly pronounced and secondly the balsamic resinous fir notes smell stronger and also look more beautiful.
And if we are talking about fir trees, then of course a woody scent is also part of it, in this case it is the cedar. Anyway, the fragrance also gets lightly creamy and powdery notes, which especially go well with the sweet fragrances.
Towards the end, it remains sweet and resinous, and yes, I have to admit that this medical note also smells a bit stronger at first, but is still not so pungent that it would bother me personally. Apart from that, it becomes weaker again in the later base. All in all a beautiful and also a little unusual fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is strong and stays that way for a while, so the scent is quite good to smell at one or the other. The shelf life is quite good because the fragrance lasts eight hours and more.

The bottle:
As always, the rectangular bottle is of very high quality and consists of crystal glass and has bevelled or ground side edges. It has a red label on the front (in baccarat red) with a golden border. The MFK logo can be seen on the back. The solid lid is also gold-plated. I think the bottle is massive and very beautiful as always, but I think it's a pity that only in the Extrait de Parfum version of the fragrance does the bottle itself come in baccarat red, ... I think, if the fragrance is already composed for a special occasion, then you could have filled both variants of the fragrance in the more beautiful red bottle...

So, the smell here is actually quite nice. Although he is a little unusual with his resinous and above all the slightly medical smells (which is good, because this is a change, because you don't always get to smell something like that), he also reminds a little of the color red, because the sweet scents partly smell like rouge (so what you ladies smear on your delicate food and what I find quite delightful with you :D).

Of course this medical note can also be perceived more strongly or pungently by some people, but I would still recommend testing the scent here, because I think it is quite successful. It's good for going out, and maybe every now and then during the day for yourself. I'm a little unsure about the season and would find the fragrance wearable in all seasons, well, except maybe not in hot summer.

Yeah, like I said, Baccarat Rouge is well worth a look... um... a nose. And was it already again from me, I wish all a nice evening and until then :)

Itchynose 118 days ago
Amberwood and cedar by the bucket. Very raspy, harsh dry wood, far from appealing to my nose.
4.5
Superpens 9 months ago
crushed rubies in a bottle, not enough words can describe how good this is.
JoaoMartins 19 months ago
Strange perfume. I like it on others, I don't love it on me!
Yos 20 months ago
Explaining what is smells like sounds bad but it's AMAZING! Completely unisex too. Smooth, sweet, and unique!+1
SamuelGustav 3 years ago
This is like one of those beautiful celebrities, beautiful until they open their mouths. It's like a love/hate thing.+3
ScentedSalon 4 years ago
Quality ingredients but becomes sickly with the jasmine and orange. Not enough to call this a beautiful perfume.+2

by Sweetsmell75
by Niceslowly
by Nikolina
by Nikolina

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian