Baccarat Rouge 540 2016Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette)

Jasmine, Saffron, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.01.2021.

Moved to tears!
Baccarat Rouge 540 - the name alone sounds like music to the ears. Attention! What follows is a declaration of love for this fragrance.
Our acquaintance was relatively unspectacular. I heard a lot about BR and just had to sniff it myself and set off. Arrived at the perfumery, I fought my way through the Chanel department, past the Dior bottles, the Shiseido corner and Guerlain on the right ..... until I finally saw the star of the day - Baccarat Rouge 540. I had it sprayed on me, sniffed and was kind of confused. With all the Dior, Chanel, Tom Ford scents in the air I didn't notice anything from BR. So disappointed I went back home. And now comes the turning point. Arriving home I suddenly perceived a scent that cannot be described in words. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. What does this perfume smell like? Cotton candy? Tttttzzzz that's an insult to this scent, cotton candy is way too cheap for that. I would rather say it is the scent of pure luxury. Money. Gold. Elegance. Like the feeling of being newly in love. Those words are way understated. I just had to buy it. A week later, it was finally with me and I was able to take a closer look at it. What strikes me is that it leaves a slightly shiny film on the skin. This confirms the good quality of the perfume. The durability is ... i would almost say perfect. It is still perceptible on me after easily 3 days. Sometimes you perceive it strongly, sometimes it is rather discreet. It is incredibly pleasant in the air and if you apply it, you create a unique aura, so that people turn to you. So many pluses in one perfume, I think everything was done right. I don't want to exaggerate, but some days this fragrance touches me so much that I shed a tear. I don't know what it does to me. However, I also have to say that I understand people who say the scent smells like a hospital, dentist, etc. I detect that note as well, but it doesn't bother me at all, as it fades quickly and somehow gives it a certain "something". To get to the point: an incomparable fragrance that no other even comes close to. The most heavenly thing my nose has ever been allowed to smell. I am in love.
5.5

Okay But Overpriced Saffron-Cedar-Smokey Fragrance
It's pleasant enough. At first, I didn't smell much and wondered if it was a skin scent or if I had suddenly become anosmic. Then the saffron came through and it's quite potent. It was swiftly followed by smoky campfire cedar and the fir resin came through so strongly my eyes watered. It is extremely strong even if you can't smell it after a while, so only use a little bit at first. For myself, I am very glad indeed this was sample from luckyscent. It's definitely more for men, although as a woman I can wear it. I don't think there's anything special about it. It is a typical amber-cedar smoky scent with a light saffron top note and there are many fragrances that provide those notes which are not only much cheaper but smell better. It is certainly not a fragrance to ever blind buy. Get a sample and try it if you like. It might suit you. Some people evidently adore this one. For myself, it's okay but headache-inducing and way overpriced for what it does on my skin.

Heavy and airy
What strikes me the most about Baccarat Rouge 540 is the contrasting elements.

It’s weightless yet profound scent profile.

Translucent yet gigantic in the way in which it presents itself while suspended in the air.

Baccarat packs such a punch that it’s olfactive ghost can only be described as everlasting.

Heavy and airy at the same time.

Now, that's a masterpiece.
Cravache
Brechtbühl Urs-Peterlis next career step - Bloodless orangery of artistic boredom
Rentsch Hans-Ruëdi is getting impatient. As chairman of the supervisory board, he has long since passed the age of 80. His shirt, soaked with mighty sweat stains, is a bit baggy, so that after the sumptuous lunch (1 large beer for the worst thirst, 1 bottle of house wine red, garlic ravioli, calf's head with onion rösti, 2 fruit schnapps) he has not only opened the top button on his shirt collar, but also two other buttons at the level of his belly button.

"We must now finally move on to the next item on the agenda. New head of green washing at Haas&Riechter Automotive. I have a supervisory board meeting later this evening at the private bank Von Schloesser, Guenther & de Besson," Rentsch Hans-Ruëdi whines.
Von Klemmt Gertrude, Head of Human Resources and, at 69, the nestling on the Supervisory Board, protests. "Hans-Ruëdi, first of all, it's early afternoon, secondly, you are currently chairing the supervisory board meeting of the private bank Von Schloesser, Guenther & de Besson... You chaired the Human Resources Committee at Haas&Riechter Automotive yesterday." "...and thirdly, today we still have a supervisory board meeting at Maja MedTech, an audit committee at Dyolf Verena & Rubichizza and a wine evening at the Bankers Club followed by a stroll through Zurich's Langstrasse," wheezes his equally portly deputy, Grämiger Uëli (76), lighting up his third cigarette.

Von Klemmt Gertrude snatches the floor and focuses Rentsch Hans-Ruëdi with a serious look. "We now turn our attention to filling the vacancy Head of Compliance - the private bank Von Schloesser, Guenther and ... er ... de Besson. Waiting outside the door are the two candidates, Dr. Kluge Sophie and Brechtbühl Urs-Peterli. Or rather, only Dr. Kluge Sophie, Brechtbühl Urs-Peterli will be a little late." "Christmas event at the Rotarians Zurich-Bahnhofstrasse. Yesterday," also interrupts Rotarian Grämiger Uëli, whose alcohol plume is still room-filling 12 hours after the end of the event.

After the federally stiff welcome of the candidate Dr. Kluge Sophie by Messrs. Rentsch Hans-Ruëdi and Grämiger Uëli, von Klemmt Gertrude took over the scepter. "I will now ask you a few questions about your background, the two gentlemen supervisors will take notes," von Klemmt Gertrude begins the interview with the candidate.

While Dr. Kluge Sophie confidently answers the questions about her impressive international CV and explains her understanding of leadership with a lot of empathy, Rentsch Hans-Ruëdi notes on the otherwise blank sheet of paper "Frau Doktor has a big butt!" and pushes the sheet in the direction of Grämiger Uëli. The latter nods in agreement - for which, to their surprise, the two receive a stunned look from Klemmt Gertrude.

Grim Uëli takes the paper and notes: "Penetrating perfume, exhaustingly sillage-ized - wadded-up powdered sugar cotton, florally indefinably pale hors sol pale flower, rose in orange concentrate sugar juice if necessary, disinfectant jasmine, medicinal binding stuff, tepid fruit saffron, greasy angel hair, needles from inflatable faux-wood fir tree, wall of ambroxan clouds with lush mugginess.»

"Do you have any final questions for us?" asks von Klemmt Gertrude, who is visibly thrilled with the candidate so far, at the end of the interview. "I assume that I will be able to perform my function in a 90% workload. I would like to devote an afternoon to my family," says Dr. Kluge Sophie. Von Klemmt Gertrude's countenance darkens abruptly and she notes with red Stabilo Boss "Kampfemanzenzickenamazone!!!". Which Messrs Rentsch and Grämiger acknowledge with a sympathetic nod.

In the handwritten report on the assessment interview with Dr. Kluge Sophie, von Klemmt Gertrude will later cross out the comments of the gentlemen supervisors on the candidate's buttocks, but will add the note: "Sensuality of a robot woman - the nature of the candidate is like her scent. Generally exhausting synthetic being. Abstract, empathy-less, over-sugary and stale all at once. Bloodless orangery of arty boredom."
When, after the interview with Dr. Kluge Sophie, candidate Brechtbühl Urs-Peterli still has not shown up, the Supervisory Board decides by a vote of 2 to 0 (the Supervisory Board of the private bank Von Schloesser, Guenther & de Besson is the only body without women's suffrage after the involuntary introduction of women's suffrage in the Canton of Appenzell Innerrhoden in 1990) to appoint Brechtbühl Urs-Peterli, Rotarian and senior member of the Banker Club, as Head of Compliance without prior hearing.

On the fringes of the next management meeting in Hamilton/Bermuda, which the taxpayer after some write-offs in the books of the private bank Von Schloesser, Guenther & de Besson has treated its senior management, von Klemmt Gertrude does not miss the opportunity to address Brechtbühl Urs-Peterli after some compliments on its fragrance - Baccarat Rouge 540.

What can I say?
Maybe a comment from me is premature, I'm only 2 days in possession of 2× 10ml fillings, the first 10ml are already verplempert, on me from top to bottom, on cloths and scent strips that lie next to the bed and I can still say nothing, because my nose does not perceive the scent. Let's see maybe there is still something, I hope at least. This problem, not to perceive a perfume I had already the one or other time, although not often, have otherwise a fine nose, but Baccarat belongs unfortunately to it. Let's see if there is still what comes
Out of the Universe...
... ...that's what this scent smells like to me!!
The first time I was allowed to sniff this fragrance was at a very nice Louis Vuitton saleswoman in an LV boutique. I noticed the scent immediately and I thought it might be a new Louis Duft creation! No, wrong thought...without me even asking her (she could probably tell from my curious look) she told me about her new fragrance....Baccarat Rouge 540! The inspected handbag was already paid and packed so we had a long talk about this incredibly beautiful scent :) You have to say that the boutique, which was not small, was really filled with Baccarat...you entered it and immediately got this scent in your nose...I hadn't experienced something like this for a long time !
WOW!

But now for the fragrance:
He's Out of the Universe for me! Actually I don't like too sweet scents, but this one is cotton candy sweet (I actually hate cotton candy in scents too) with the special ETWAS! This something doesn't smell to me like dentist, medicine, blood, salt, sea, iodine or christmas...all this I have heard already xD
For me, this is saffron, which smells of gold....of luxury and a fragrance that has never existed before. SPECIAL even...

There are days when I take the fragrance only lightly - but others tell me that it is very noticeably distributed in the room. Then there are days when I have it in my nose for a very long time...a mystery.
I think baccarat is like a second skin that's there, but not always in front of you.
Baccarat you will either love or hate...it's like capers :) but in any case it should be tested extensively! Do not buy blindly :O

He is definitely unisex for me too :) Both versions... also the Extrait de Parfum, which is even sweeter!

Greetings at this point to all the perfumos out there :)
Angelina Patchouli

Not my scent
Not at all. And I love sweetness. Smoky sweetness, heavy sweetness, salty sweetness, oriental sweetness, bitter sweetness, dry sweetness, gourmand sweetness, pappy sweetness...... i got it all. I don't smell anything here with Christmas gingerbread or whatever I was allowed to read. I don't get along with the way sweetness is interpreted here. Somehow this scent wants to be sweet and it doesn't quite make it? As if the scent is only supposed to be sweet or an idea of sweetness. Also, the sweetness is accompanied by a strange mustiness that I can't get along with at all. Of course sweetness doesn't always have to be in your face, it can also be a great companion to another main element. But I don't perceive anything else as a main element here. It's like a poor fart of sweetness, who is supposed to play the main role. In general MFK is not my house. Somehow all the fragrances of their kind are somehow soft and only slightly suggest the theme they want to embody.
Emiliana
Icing sugar and saffron on a bed of almonds
When I wore the Br540 for the first time, I promptly got the first look of a waiter.

When serving it, he responded directly to my scent, which I was very pleased about.
The icing sugar note paired with saffron and almonds make the fragrance unique, as a woman this fragrance is the perfect daytime scent for me.
The durability as well as the projection are terrific, even after I have showered I can still smell the fragrance many times.

Also the bottle is really nice, only at the spray head mfk could work a little bit, because for my feeling a little too much comes out. All in all a wonderful fragrance that convinces in any weather and location.
On the trail of the secret of Baccarat rouge 540
A walk over a fairground. You are caressed by the smell of cotton candy and delicious caramel, enjoy a comforting sweetness that is actually not that sweet at all. Rather, you encounter consummate elegance in its most radiant, luxurious form. Transparent, but at the same time intense, delicate and noble. Fine jasmine, earthy saffron, fresh cedar wood, fir resin, ambergris - warm and beguiling ...

Much has been written about Baccarat rouge 540. And very different. The unisex scent seems to polarize. You either love it or hate it. Either way, we're dealing with a very extravagant and unusual scent.

BR540 was released in 2016 to mark the 250th anniversary of the world-famous Baccarat Crystal House, once a supplier to the French Royal Court. In Baccarat, Lorraine, exclusive - and correspondingly expensive - beauties have been handmade from crystal glass since 1764: Chandeliers, carafes, glasses, figurines, accessories for the refined table and jewellery. The egg cup of the new collection made of sparkling crystal for € 150,- is already sold out. The designer chess set for € 15.000,- is still available, if someone is looking for a Christmas present.

The legendary red of the Baccarat crystals is particularly popular. To produce the unique red tone, 24 carat gold dust is added to the crystal when it is melted. When heated to 540° C, the brilliant colour that inspired Francis Kurkdijan to create his Baccarat Rouge 540 is created. He wanted to olfactorically reproduce the masterfully combined harmony of the radiant transparency of the raw material glass with the intense red shade.

The resulting fragrance is described as floral-woody, but is much more than that.

Due to the enthusiastic but also contradictory descriptions I wanted to get to know BR540 personally - first in form of a "ersoukten", generous 10 ml filling. To spend about 300 Euro for a blind purchase seemed too risky to me. In the meantime, the original bottle has also arrived and BR540 is in continuous use. Why? Because I have the feeling that I have to find out the secret of this fragrance. Fathom why it has this appeal to me. Master Kurkdijan gives the nuts, but he doesn't crack them. And I'm curious.

For me, BR540 scores at first with an oriental note, which is probably due to the saffron. There is no vanilla-sweet, kitschy orient awaiting you, but rather the slightly bitter, dry, but also sweet-warm typical aroma of saffron. It plays the leading role in the top note and even holds its own against jasmine. Whereby the two are by no means in competition. With BR540 everything is perfectly balanced and harmonious. Sounds boring? But it's not. The extraordinary fragrance is extremely exciting, inspiring and has a certain potential for addiction. As always at MFK, you notice the high quality of the raw materials.

BR540 embodies luxury for me. Whoever does not perceive luxury as something negative, morally questionable and has no reservations about expensive perfumes, but can enjoy the glitter of diamonds in a childlike way, will love this fragrance.

I perceive BR540 as a kaleidoscope of fragrances that constantly shows new facets - flowery, gourmand, slightly aquatic, slightly smoky, slightly resinous, whereby the resin smells like tree needles - fresh, but not too fresh.

For me, BR540 is a perfume that is particularly suitable for autumn and winter. I see it more as a fragrance for indoors and quite suitable for everyday use.

I haven't quite deciphered the secret of BR540's fascination, but I've been on its trail ever since I read that the fragrance contains hedione (hedone = Greek for lust, pleasure, delight). This magical substance, which has been used in many perfumes since the 50s, can do a lot. It smells "jasmine-like" or delicately fresh, like magnolia and citrus notes. Besides jasmine, it contains scents of tobacco (smoke) and black tea. The synthetic material makes scents "radiant", transparent, soft and durable. But that is not all. Methyl dihydrojasmonate, as this carboxylic acid ester is called, is something like a happiness maker. It is also credited with the quality of making people more attractive in the eyes of others. This is because it activates different areas of the brain in the limbic system that are associated with desire, libido, emotions and memory. This is neither magic nor advertising mischief, but has been proven by scientific studies. Incidentally, women respond more strongly to hedione than men. However, this is by no means only about increased erotic feelings and sexual attraction. Hedione can also evoke pleasant childhood memories. Research on this is far from complete. So it remains exciting.

But BR540 can also be enjoyed as a fragrance full of beauty, charm and elegance beyond its euphoric effects on the psyche. Apart from the distinct saffron component, the fragrance lives from a delightful combination of (fir) resinous, gourmand and floral nuances that seem to be always in motion, sometimes emphasizing one or the other facet more strongly.

I noticed that the scent seems to be susceptible to temperature, at least in my case. Unfortunately, it "works" worse in cold weather. I am disappointed with sillage and durability. BR540 is much too fast for a sensual scent for people who are not afraid to attract attention. This is a pity and should not be at this price. The poor durability on my skin (my tomcat successfully escaped the test ... Don't worry, I was only joking, I would never do that to him) - it's better on textiles - makes the perfume, which would undoubtedly have the potential to become a great fragrance for shiny occasions, a perfume that is suitable for everyday use and can be sprayed on. One would not expect that at this price either.

Otherwise: beguiling, fine, noble, delicate, radiant and airy. Pure luxury. A masterpiece, which I see more in women.
X-axis theorem
Thanks to a lovely perfume here, I have received a bottling of BR 540, thank you very much once again. I was so excited about this fragrance and somehow I had the hope that it was this enchanting scent that came to my nose 2 years ago in Antwerp.
No, too bad.
Unfortunately, I'm a little disappointed with the smell. It's not his fault, of course, because it's not a bad smell. For me he smells like a well styled, hip guy who wears expensive clothes or is casually dressed in a suit. A sunny boy who is aware of his effect on women, but never plays with open cards. I know such types. You have a certain attraction, but people don't want you. I certainly don't?nevertheless I find that he is unisex and can be worn by women just as well, although no pictorial association of the type of woman comes to mind.
But somehow it should be similar. And I guess that's the problem. I can't feel the scent. It's not me at all. And I don't think it ever will be. And most of all, I can't smell it. At first I thought the bottling was mixed up, but as soon as I have it on me, I don't notice it anymore after about 15 minutes. Zero. Nada. Niente. But now that I've done my research, I think there are some people with this problem. But the rest that is hanging in my coat and scarf, I perceive it very well. And I'm afraid he's actually getting on my nerves. It feels as if the hipster is sticking to my cheek and I don't want him with me at all
Well, I'm keeping the bottling for now. Interesting enough to sniff it from time to time, it is definitely ?

MariaSMariaS 1 month ago
I loved the smell but then I tested casino royale by dua,same vibes, better performance &1/3 of the price. Still haven’t bought any of them.
IcufishIcufish 2 months ago
Copy of Al Hareem (Yas) with added dental office smell. Yas is much better. BR is way overhyped and unoriginal.
GreMuserGreMuser 3 months ago
Difficult to describe this beauty, smells like cotton candy but at the same time it's not gourmand, it's lihght and fresh. Special.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
A slightly sweet, yet very smooth salty/floral synthetic Gourmand, balanced by a gentle dry woody base. Sadly lacks depth. Overhyped.
TRehfTRehf 5 months ago
Very sweet, if smelled to closely. The magic happens in the air. Almost like an aura. Sweet, spicy, fresh. Unisex fem leaning. Lasts forever
ToptTopt 7 months ago
0.5
First perfume ever that made me sick, I really dont understand the hype abot this, absolutelly terrible and way to sweet
EvhaEvha 8 months ago
I tested it a few months ago when I didn't know anything about niche perfumes. It was love at first sight. And still remained. Just Perfect!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 9 months ago
Trying this and the extrait on each wrist i find that both hace a very similar scent (delicate and elegant cotton Candy) but this is watery
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 9 months ago
Sexy, unique (once you' know the scent, you'll always know if somebody is wearing one), ethereal yet beast mode. 21st century masterpiece.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
4.5
Amber and cedar by the bucket. Very raspy dry wood, harsh on the nostrils like the scent of mothballs.

by Sweetsmell75
by Meaning
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian