Baccarat Rouge 540 2016 Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
8.1 / 101973 Ratings
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette)

JasmineJasmine SaffronSaffron CedarwoodCedarwood AmbergrisAmbergris

8.11973 Ratings

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.06.2022.

NEX5NEX5 3 years ago
i do own both extract and edp and edp i like more its more long lasting its smelling better people like it, its better priced and its worth the money, if u can afford...
DrseidDrseid 6 years ago
Baccarat Rouge 540 opens with a brief dash of saffron spice infused dulled orange before quickly moving to its heart....

For Elite individuals only
This smell is similar to the smell of hot sugar milk that has reached the boiling point. It's like a sterile scent blended with drugs in hospitals and pharmacies. A sweet, aromatic scent. Stays on fabric for more than 12 hours. It disappears on the skin in a maximum of 8 hours. The spreading rate starts to disappear after 4 hours.

POLITELY BOUGIE
540 C is the melting temperature of the Baccarat crystal, an uncommon crystal, because it is mixed with gold powder. If I should use one word to describe this perfume it is LIGHT. A golden elevator that takes you to a penthouse on 5th Av. I’m the foyer you will find Fresh flowers into crystal vases, contemporary painting, unpretentious silverware, minimal but fine furniture, a wardrobe with designer pieces. Luxury with a subtle touch of opulence. That’s not a cheeky oriental perfume (Montale like), it whispers wealth but does not exclaim a status. This is the strength of BR540 elegant but not pretentious, seductive but not sexy, bougie and not rude. For a man, a woman, a trans, binary, non-binary, queer, it doesn't belong to a gender, it is a lifestyle.

Magically Ethereal
Opening is pretty faint woody and vaguely sweet, but they really come alive on skin more so than paper. Spun sugar, burnt sugar are common descriptors I've heard and agree with, not so much the "latex" or "dentist's office" vibes. Has this ethereal (wispy, airy, transparent) quality to it that I find absolutely magical, mysterious, and sexy. I also feel that this makes it a very versatile, all-occasions fragrance. Leans kinda feminine to me, though, like the ideal of what a guy might imagine a woman's sweat smells like. Subtle sexiness. Picks up a slight mossy accord in the deep drydown.

Starts weak but gets stronger up till about 2hr in, projects up to about 4hr total. Skin scent for 7-8hr. I prefer this over the Extrait even though the scent profile is the same, as I feel the denseness of the Extrait transforms it from something special to just another heavy evening scent plus reduces its versatility.
Surprised
I am relatively new to the fragrance world and so it was only a matter of time until I try with the most hyped niche fragrance (Aventus aside :) ). So when the sample I ersouted arrived, I was surprised. I knew the fragrance was sweet. But the quality of sweetness is really top notch. Only unfortunately, the scent is just not really mine.

The next surprise lurked but elsewhere.
In various YouTube videos is spoken of an incredible sillage and projection. On the fragrance strip, this was not the case. On the skin, projection and sillage are better, yet not outstanding. Maybe I'm also just gone with the wrong attitude to the fragrance.
The durability, on the other hand, is really very good.

My sister describes Baccarat Rouge with the words: "burnt / burnt sugar" and I agree with her there.

I would still recommend you guys to give it a try. Because it seems like the sillage and projection depends on your nose. A friend perceives the fragrance for example almost not at all.

In summary:
Baccarat Roge 540 has a high quality. However, the scent direction is not mine.
The "charisma" of the fragrance is different in my opinion from nose to nose.

Ps: This is one of my first reviews, so I am open to criticism :)
Kristall86
Sylt and the "Duftpott" (Scent Pot)
A good 8 years ago I was allowed to test this fragrance during my holiday on the island of Sylt. The fragrance consultant in one of my favorite perfumeries said "This one is for you!"....I did not buy it (the price was not quite suitable for impulse purchases?), and what is also very important to me, my husband had to get to know this fragrance first and "see" it with me (if he can not smell me, it brings me nothing??) and he sat patiently with our dog in the car and waited for me, because he has no desire to a "sniff round". Then you leave with this scent on the obligatory scent strip and on the back of your hand (whereas more was on my jacket sleeve??) blissed out and in love (I was immediately blown away, thrilled! I could have smooched my dear consultant!) into the car and what comes as an answer?! "Which scent pot did you fall into?" and already the first infatuation had fizzled out...too bad...Even late in the evening our holiday home still smelled wonderfully delicate of "Baccarat Rouge 540" and still enchanted me...it stayed in my mind to stay, to cling on. Good one!
On certain birthdays, I always buy myself a special gift and so it came to pass that, although a little late, "Baccarat Rouge 540" finally made its way to me a few days ago. It's here - finally! And what does my husband say? "Oh...what is that? Do I know it? It looks familiar! I like it on you! Is that the scent from the island?" Yes, it is...and it is still firmly planted in my heart as is the island as well...a love for life.
But now to my sensations:
The first spray after 8 years break - uiuiui! The smells a little of man, then comes immediately the sweetness (reminded me a little of "Very good girl" I also wear just quite happy...), then a little the heaviness and elegance and then the full sensuality that lasts for hours. It just smells of luxury, of that special for that special and it makes me posture straight. When I wear it I automatically walk straighter, get a little inch taller and on top of that, not everyone has it. It's quite hard to come by at the moment and that makes it all the more precious to me anyway....er floats along with me all day. Whether at home, at work or shopping, gardening, walking the dog...he envelops me and gives me a certain power.
He will be part of my permanent program, just like Sylt. And the price? That does not matter to me. With fragrances I spend a lot of money very gladly, because the extraordinary has nowmal its price. In addition, the bottle and the ingredients and of course the story is definitely worth the price. I am totally thrilled and float away now...???♀️Greetings to you!
Stumped!
Baccarat Rouge 540, a fragrance whose reputation resonates in the niche world from all corners
Some love him and call him one of the best perfumes in the world. The others hate him!

The fragrance is a legend!

To the history is known enough!

I new in the niche world approached as one of the first fragrances exactly this perfume, because you can not get past it. At Kurkdijan even more so not!

When I was the first time in the esteemed Kurfürsten Perfumery was emblazoned first of all BR 540 on the shelf and I was allowed to take a bottling of this fragrance, along with a strip of which I first smelled and that almost blew me away. I smelled a niche scent for the first time at that moment. This intensity was strange to me, I didn't know anything like that before.

I have always been intensely interested in fragrances. Know the designer area very well. Also the area in between. But somehow I had never penetrated the niche until now when I had this strip under the nose.

OH MY GOD!

That blew my mind for the time being.

At home, the strip then boomed away. For days!
I was torn between full horny and oh dear!

And so the strip eventually went into the waste paper and the filling on the shelf. For a long time!

Then I sprayed him in the meantime times again and was thrilled and actually considered buying the bottle. Wore him also a few times. With so ner filling one comes with BR 540 already quite far!

Now I'm sitting here writing this review I've been meaning to do for a very long time and spray him and think 'ey ne what did I like about it?'

BR 540 kind of always throws me from one extreme to the other. It actually depends on my mood of the day whether I like it or not!

What keeps me also something is just that I acquire with this fragrance a fragrance that -despite niche- quite a lot of people wear and it reminds me something of the hype with CK one a long time ago, which also wafted me at every damn corner, in the cinema, in the office, in the swimming pool everywhere!
I'm thinking of getting the body oil, which also comes in an atomizer and can be had for 70 thalers. Then it hurts not quite so bad if the hype is so bad that this fragrance is completely burnt and worn and you still have a bottle of it for a lot of money at home and no longer loswird!
I am at a loss!
Baccarat roulette
Baccarat Rouge 540 is a fragrance that you either love or hate. There is hardly an "in between" with him. In any case, it smells unique and you can be sure that you stand out with him. The durability is phenomenal. Even after 24 hours and a shower, it is still noticeable. On clothes, it lasts for weeks. In addition, the scent radiates incredibly strong, which means that it should not be more than two sprays. As for the scent character, Baccarat can be described as an airy sweet scent that contains a slightly medicinal note. It's hard to describe, as everyone perceives the scent differently somehow.
"Oh holy..."
...was my first thought. Such a delightful opening! It knocked me right out. This is exactly the experience I was looking for. Sweet, warm and a slight spiciness. Nothing changed about the like as it progressed either. But what's interesting - on my wrist, it fades after about 6 hours. But from under the earlobe I could enjoy his scent still the next morning when waking up!
And the end of the song? Mhmmm... my sweetie, I never want to be without you again. Why are you so damn expensive???
Heartfelt love and then Heartbreak
I knew the fragrance before I had read further about perfumes. At the time, I bought Vanitas by Profumum Roma and the salesman gave me a test strip of the 'new' Baccarat Rouge at the time. When Vanitas was used up, I went back to the perfumery regularly and was magically drawn to Baccarat (I knew nothing of the hype).
I love gourmands and yes, I have to admit, I like "basic bitch perfumes" in the niche or very pleasing, sweet scents, even if that doesn't necessarily suit my personality. Baccarat, in my opinion, is a very upscale, pleasing fragrance and has something special about the saffron note. At the same time, it has something watery and fresh and doesn't drift into 'cakey'. I would classify it very much in the feminine direction, which is why I bought it, as I prefer more 'sexy' scents. When I wear it, I feel like a classy, rich and confident woman in control of her life (which isn't necessarily true!). I had tried a few dupes and Cloud by Ariana Grande smelled very pungent to me in comparison and had no resemblance at all for me...
Here's the kicker though:
I was at a party, wearing the expensive Baccarat Rouge, an acquaintance greeted me and said euphorically "AAAAAAH are you wearing the Ariana Grande perfume?!!! That's what my girlfriend wears all the time too!!!".... It's been a long time since I've had that feeling.... My heart was broken and Ariana Grande was dancing in tasteless bubblegum pink Yank outfits in front of my inner eye, holding a 30€ perfume, acting as a metaphorical middle finger to my consumerism.
Summa summarum: I love Baccarat Rouge still, but other mothers also have beautiful sons or other niche brands beautiful gourmands who are less hyped.

Stunning.
This is one heck of a fragrance! One of the absolute best things i've ever smelled & despite the popularity & hype, it's one i'll always want to have. It's back up bottle worthy, it's expensive, it's heavily faked! But if get the real deal, you are in for a treat... this gets you notified, approached, questioned & adored (unless you have someone like my partner who doesn't like it).

For some, they go nose blind to it! I don't know for the life of me why or how, I'm always reminded of its presence when I wear it. I'm terrible for Notes, but the combinations of the notes is just pleasures all through. From sniffing the sprayer to actual spraying to on skin sniffing.. dry down etc, its pleasure all the way! Safe to say I'm a fan boy & totally Blown.
If you love compliments and attention, then you've found the one.. Ensure you get an official and real decant/sample.. don't get turned of by comparisons with many other's out there.. Those clones or similar scents aren't BR540, i've tried ariana grande - cloud (close but smells cheap in comparison), T.Kosmala - 04 is strong but goes a different direction (won't say its close), Initio - Oud for Greatness - Not even close, Widian - Liwa - I don't get any comparisons.

Traian1999Traian1999 20 days ago
often imitated never duplicated, this fragrance is so good that it started a trend just like aventus did.
DopeweaselDopeweasel 2 months ago
cotton candy medicinal masterpiece. Just after wearing this more has the fragrance changed and turned. saffron and cherry? and sugar. supurb
EmpressCEmpressC 4 months ago
2.5
Medicinal, sweet, really hard to get off and long lasting. Very recognisable scent. Haven’t grown to like it despite retrying several times.
JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Sugary sweet marshmallow clouds in the open, too sweet and feminine for my liking. Top quality and performance, better in the dry down.
ZerkaloZerkalo 10 months ago
Ethereal sugar coated clouds painted with jasmine, saffron and a mineral edge. Great performance and versatility.
Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 11 months ago
Not working out for my skin and nose. Smelling just Iodine, Iodine pure, which was sold in a tiny brown bottles at chemists`.
T3lk4T3lk4 11 months ago
chemically sweet, overbearing and strong, good for close encounters but not for true intimacy.
StinkypennyStinkypenny 12 months ago
Striking fragrance. Worth the hype, sillage and longevity are gold standard. Given how „young“ it feels, the price doesn’t make sense.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 year ago
Spun sugary sweet and woody, mossy as it dries down. Magical ethereal quality that makes it subtly sexy and incredibly versatile.
Blako11Blako11 1 year ago
I don't know what's so special about this perfume, it smells like a wealthy older man to me, but I wouldn't wear it.

by Sweetsmell75
by weristdns
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian