Baccarat Rouge 540 (2016) Eau de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Jasmine, Saffron, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.10.2019

8.0 8.0 7.0 7.5/10

Strawberry syrup
After the polarizing comments, I had no choice... I ordered the bottling to finally figure out how I would perceive the scent. Will I love him or hate him? Do I have to buy a bottle now? Or wash off quickly after spraying?

I spray carefully. And... strawberries, fresh strawberries. Then strawberry syrup and cotton candy. Later I smell wood, pine and amber. Hm... I think it's nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. The double-cross doesn't show until a few hours later. Now I smell the medicine I read about in some comments. I can identify this grade for me as iodine solution, that was probably the dental office in comments... But the iodine note only makes the composition more interesting for me, otherwise the fragrance would just be a sweet treat, just like many fragrances currently are. I won't buy the scent for now, but "Chapeau, Chapeau!" to the master.

PS: Those for whom the medical grade of B is too much, however, have a harmless alternative of the fragrance, namely from the same master. That would be Her Burberry (2018).
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

better than extract
i do own both extract and edp and edp i like more its more long lasting its smelling better people like it, its better priced and its worth the money, if u can afford it u can blind buy it its one of the best perfumes in the market right now......... niche quality no doubt.
6.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Best in class!
A elegant work of art! This was the perfume I wore at my sisters wedding. I really get the feeling that I'm smelling a red Crystal, what genuis in this bottle. I get a burnt sugar smell but I cannot see the cotton candy that people talk about. The saffron Cedar and ambergris give the red opulent feel to this scent.
A modern masterpiece that last and lasts for over 12h+! An absolute stunner, Love it!

Never again without
I think it was the name Francis Kurkdjian that made me realize for the first time that behind the scents and their houses there are also creative noses. Like so many other perfumes, I started my fragrance life many years ago with the two well-known mainstream perfumeries. After a long time of scent disinterest, my revival began with Kurkdjian's Le Male, which I don't like to say I actually discovered years after its release. Until then I didn't know that Le Male was so successful, so often used and therefore despised. Without this knowledge, however, I found the fragrance great; and now, for the first time, I became interested in perfumers. I followed Kurkdjian's trail, but was disappointed at first, because some highly praised scents like Masculin Pluriel or Lumiere Noire disappointed me in every respect.
Only Baccarat Rouge showed me how ingenious Kurkdjian is: to create a fragrance out of so few ingredients that is so unmistakable, so harmonious, so delightful!! What an art to create such a fruity scent (for me BR actually smells like orange) without fruits! So far I don't have a fragrance in my (still clear) collection that is so fresh, but at the same time so warm.
All in all, Baccarat Rouge is a fragrance I wouldn't want to miss anymore
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Wild at Heart
Hey. After nearly one and a half years in the forum now my first comment ;)
Every perfume newbie stumbles upon the name Kurkdijan during his first searches in the forum. It was the same with me. Since I experienced my scent socialization by Pieper or Douglas until I joined the perfume community, I didn't know most of the scents discussed here at all. And so as soon as a comment or statement inspired me and I thought "Hey! That sounds great", I ordered bottlings of the respective fragrances. Meanwhile hardly a week passes without any bottling. I'm really easy to inspire ;-)
Now to Baccarat Rouge. When I sprayed it on the back of my hand for the first time as a test, I was only sniffing for the rest of the day. How good and how different, than everything I had smelled so far, this smell smelled! Sure, he smells really cute, but he's so different. None of these sweet scents you often come across in gyms. As far as the individual scents are concerned, I have to say that unfortunately I am not allowed to smell anything. Others can do that much better, so I can't go into it at all.
I also think that the sex of the wearer doesn't play a role at all in this fragrance and that doesn't mean that everyone can wear it. With this fragrance it just has to fit! It's like an accessory that's the icing on the cake of your styling.
Maybe someone remembers the movie Wild at Heart by David Lynch. This road movie is about the love story between Sailor and Lula. Sailor was then impersonated by Nicolas Cage, who today is more likely to be seen in B movies. In any case, Sailor alias Nicolas Cage had the whole film to do with fleeing from the killer and above all: being incredibly cool! The most important thing for Sailor, besides Lula, was his snake leather jacket, which he wore throughout the film. It was a "symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom" - what great words for a snake leather jacket ;). We can leave out the last part of the quote, but in terms of individuality, Baccarat Rouge is the snake leather jacket here. Not that Sailor would give the impression of smelling that way or using perfume at all. Except sweat and pomade there was probably not much ;)
Rather, it is individuality. In my opinion, Baccarat Rouge is so special that the division into male, female and unisex is no longer sufficient. It must fit one as a guy. You actually feel enveloped when you wear the scent, it surrounds you with an aura. And anyone who smells this scent knows this is not a 08/15 scent. This scent is special. He's cute, but by no means feminine. And in contrast to the snake leather jacket, which could only be worn in the dusty area of this road movie and which only Lula found really horny, Baccarat Rouge is really a place where this scent is often mentioned, because one thing this scent is certainly not, namely boring.
8.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Strong fabric
I said in advance that the fragrance doesn't suit me at all.
I can't really say exactly why that is. When I smelled him a long time ago, it was Mrs. Schoork, I liked him much better.
It's more like a feeling of guilt about myself.

I walk around with it and feel guilty that the birds are falling from the trees.
I have a guilty conscience that I haven't been to the dentist for a while.
I feel like a witness to Jojoba and have the need to talk to people about caring oils.
I feel radioactive and am afraid that I will split.
I feel like a naked knight, somehow indignant.
I am afraid that because of me the polar caps will melt faster and that tomorrow my district will look like in Prypjat.
I ask myself the whole day essential questions like e.g.
If swimming makes slim, what do whales do wrong? or
Why is there no cat food with mouse taste? or in which colour does a smurf start up if you choke it?
The whole thing started quite violently. 2 sprayers and then BADUMS. I was awake!
I'm reading about tomatoes here. Watt?
I also read of more than 3x spray...Watt?

I have conteminiert my complete apartment and down below the first patients announce themselves for a root canal treatment.
So don't get me wrong, the scent is quite porous, but I just feel like I'm in the wrong body. I've been walking around all day saying, "Let me doctor, I'm through." I can't describe him either. I can make out a little jasmine and maybe amber, but to describe the whole thing in the course...no there I come to my limits.
Dentist, medical, recovery room, I can somehow feel all that, I also find it a little sweet, but I don't want to smell like that at all.
This fragrance is a paradox. Basically a well made fragrance, but I don't want to smell like that.

I thought it was paradoxical just to buy condoms for the affair and get loyalty points for it, or if someone breaks a leg in the twinkling of an eye.

It's hard to describe and carry. He makes me feel like I'm never alone again. So many people love him and I don't understand him. All of a sudden, I'm so sorry about everything. Will I ever smile again? That's how Timm Thaler must have felt.

I don't want to say that I'm very emotional now, but I find it totally sad that I can't lick my elbow.

My eyes have been watering all day, somehow. The scent lasts forever and with it I endure. The base calms down a bit and I like to breathe again.

What a trip.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

DerDefcon
Who or what are you? And why are you acting like this?
The two questions mentioned in the title were those that occupied me during the days when I tested Baccarat Rouge 540. Yes, I know that it is warm and that this fragrance is actually designed for milder to colder temperatures. I tested the fragrance mainly in the evening or at night, because as a busy student I spend the nights writing my homework. At this time the house cools down noticeably again and the rather difficult testing beyond the 30 degree mark is spared.

I wondered why this scent behaved like that. How's he behaving now? I can tell you it's sneaky. To describe his behaviour as treacherous is perhaps somewhat unfair, because a scent in itself, which is not prepared by itself, but is prepared, cannot be treacherous in its essence. Nevertheless, I chose this adjective because I perceived its communicativeness quite differently - yes - even completely underestimated it.
When spraying on the back of the hand - we're talking about a very small amount that comes from the atomizer - I notice the very quiet start. At the beginning it seems very alcoholic and I can't really figure out what it is. In the comments to the fragrance I read something about tomato green and a sugary dentist. The smell of the tomato green comes very close to what comes out of the bottle. I thus characterize the scent character as a very distanced one, which does not want to invite you to cuddle like many other winter scents, but radiates all its seriousness and coolness to the outside. He keeps his whole environment at a distance and expects full respect. But even people with a hard shell have a soft core.
In the further course of the fragrance a good portion of sweetness is added. However, this sweetness never becomes sticky and penetrating, which still has to do with the serious, distanced basic character of the fragrance. Due to the absence of the sticky caramel, we have to deal with a serious and noble sweetness, fully designed for seriousness and maturity, but nevertheless incredibly room-filling. It is precisely this space-filling element that makes me think of the already mentioned insidiousness. The Sillage is really enormously strong. The only thing that's inferior or surprising here is that you don't even notice it yourself. If the opening is still relatively restrained, the scent becomes a little later surprisingly stronger rather than weaker. This can be determined over a period of several hours. Baccarat Rouge 540 thus comes across as the personified seriousness that has thrown itself into a garment of sugar for a party among bright people in order not to appear quite so serious and bitter. At the party, which is made up of young, excited people, our personified seriousness appears with a maturity from which the other participants are miles away. At some point, however, it is enough for our personified seriousness to be satisfied with the immature behaviour of the others and she speaks a word of power, so that all eyes fall on her, only to calm down again afterwards and radiate inner peace and seriousness.

The scent is and remains a mystery to me, but I like it somehow. His character is so unique that not everyone can or wants to wear him. For me it fits into the deepest winter, in which he creates around his wearer an aura of seriousness, distance and maturity, which tries to become more accessible through occasional sweetness. Seriousness and maturity are usually associated with enormous ambition and perseverance. The latter is by no means lacking in Baccarat Rouge 540. On the skin it lasts 48 hours even after a shower.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The Aura of the King
The scent blew me away! Just everything fits on this one. The fragrance, the performance, the presentation.
It's my first choice once I wear a suit. Simply seductive and elegant at the same time. The scent surrounds you like a smooth sweet cloud. The fragrance is very light-footed and spreads beautifully in the air. He has a delicate sweetness that lies beautifully in the surrounding air and is waiting to be noticed. And under this sweet one hides a wonderfully mouldy Saffran that rounds the whole thing off. It's hard to describe how the scent behaves. What I can say, however, is that he performs very well despite the lightness of the fragrance. To be exact, better than any other scent on me. He projects beautifully 6 hours + on my skin. And with only one sprayer. The durability is even better. Each time longer than ten hours.
And during this time, he only collects compliments. I've been asked about it many times and it just works. Especially the women love him. However, not everyone likes this kind of sweetness, so I can recommend a test phase first. Besides, it's a beast.
He gives them an aura of royalty. Short and sweet
7.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Paris91
Climate on and windows completely down...
i already knew...

I bought a bottle of this "little fog" a few months ago. I liked him, but I couldn't really place him either.
He swings between cotton candy, orange juice and something dirty. Yes, he has a slight "sex note" ;)

Since it is a unisex scent - which I refused to knit about myself until recently, but now all of a sudden I'm going for it (except for the TF's), I test it on skin first on my friend.
Oh, that was a huge mistake. He pulled a giant scent cloud behind him in Ikea. And I found him not really manly. He's just too cute!

Yeah, after that, he stood there like that. Until today! There has been so much written about him here, but since he's been sticking in my nose all day, I have to comment on him now
The Baccarat Rouge polarizes, we know. That he spent hours sniffing at you is also. That you should never take more than one sprayer, you should also know.

So what didn't I know?

-That my friend tells me that I stink and never wanted to have myself out of the car so much (Ps. we have our sixth anniversary today..)
-the people behind me at the cash register today ran to another cash register (Ps. at the other cash registers were long lines...)
-I am just so nauseous and I prefer to eat a meat loaf roll because of this extreme sweet!!

What does that mean to me now? Well, he'll probably disappear in the back of the corner again and if he gets out at all only at minus 20 degrees
But I won't judge him badly. It is well made and the durability which one criticizes so with many scents is top here. So...

i'm gonna take a shower.
8.0 9.0 9.0 5.5/10

Top 10 for life
"Top 10 for life" is the headline. Who has now expected by the title, a praise, how this fragrance will be forever my favorite and has a place in my collection, I unfortunately have to disappoint him. I became interested in fragrances after seeing some reviews and Youtube videos. The familiar faces. So I slipped into the perfume game, most of my generation would probably say New German now, if you can call it that. You can say what you want about Youtuber and her "unbiasedness", but the fact is that it brings the subject out and people of my age group start to take an interest in it. To get back to the fragrance, there's hardly a "Top 10 for life" list (I know, wonderfully lurid or?) of Youtubers that doesn't mention Baccarat 540. If you take a look at my watchlist, you will notice that it is significantly influenced by Youtube reviews and "hype". I just want to smell good, I don't care about smelling artistic or especially refined. I wear what I love and hopefully others will love. Through the Youtube videos I had a clue, what you can try, if you want to realize the just mentioned. These Youtube videos and the corresponding "hype" that comes up with many fragrances, makes sure that I test some fragrances, but not under any circumstances, and this is to emphasize and to prove wonderfully with this example that I buy into the "hype". In other words, I orientate myself, but I must be 100% convinced of a fragrance in order to get it, because my absolute maximum will be a maximum of 20 fragrances. So I ordered a bottle of a lovely perfume, thank you very much again and received it this morning. My God, I was looking forward to the test, as I had already heard so much about this fragrance. Now my totally objective evaluation:

Fragrance:

Head/approx. 1 hour: I have long thought about how to describe it, look at the comment below me, that's it. It smells like you've been picking tomatoes all day and then getting the scent back from your hands with disinfectants sprayed wildly on the palm of your hand. I don't know how people who have this scent in their collection are doing, but I find it almost disgusting. I'm sorry that I find such hard words, but I find it quite unpleasant to smell...

Heart/ca. 1/1,30 hours : The top note has unfortunately not completely disappeared yet... but it becomes less chemical, ambergris gets through easily and you can sense how the fragrance will smell in the base. It becomes more woody and therefore a little more complex.

Base / about 4-6 hours: It's finally time, even the last bit of the top note is gone. It now smells really pleasant, very pleasant, not too sweet ambergris mixes with wood, that is the only thing I still notice. It smells really pleasant, but also not very complex, or so that I would say "Oh, that's awesome".

Durability/Sillage: First of all, you will become anosmic very quickly. You won't experience anything more of the drydown if you don't smell directly at the places where you sprayed. The fragrance is very well perceived from the outside, at least for the first 3 hours. Shelf life, as derived from the notes, lies at 6-8 hours on my skin. This makes the durability and sillage absolutely perfect for my sensation.

Dosage: Not too demanding, so you can spray up to 5 times. It surrounds you in an arm-length fragrance cloud, depending whether outside or inside, so I would spray 3-5 times. But please, please, please, NEVER, if I'm near you ( sorry, I couldn't help it :D).

Portable when and where: This fragrance is light and, in my opinion, wearable all year round. I would recommend wearing it in spring or summer if you want to draw attention to yourself and the scent is to be perceived really well, which doesn't mean that you can't start spraying even in cold weather if you want Baccarat. I would wear it to formal events or in the office, because it's nice and discreet, but even if I don't like it, it smells noble and expensive. Casual, I'd find him out of place, actually. But it all depends on the type, the clothing style and many other components.

Conclusion: Never buy blind. Please I really don't! No matter how often it's recommended and praised in heaven. Do yourself a favor and test it first! For me, heart and base are okay, the top note was one of the most terrible I've ever smelled. He's a good craftsman. Dut components, can be smelled out, and what he's supposed to do, he does. Durability and Sillage are top!

I will evaluate fragrances now in the future, after testing, exactly in this scheme, I hope you were able to get suggestions and impressions by this comment and I have not offended anybody. Im sorry, its just my humble opinion :)
A fragrance can rewaken the best moments of your life.

In this sense: Make memories and keep them in a bottle :)
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Sweetened tomatoes in practice
Do you know the scent when you remove the green from vine tomatoes and smell it on your fingers, paired with that of a small cozy doctor's office plus a mini sugar icing on top?

These 3 components flow into me when I try Baccarat Rouge 540.

In 2-3 steps here subliminal happiness hormones are released.
You seem to feel safe and healthy. Well, the sugar is not healthy, but it also creates a happy mood.

In addition, the expected pain in the doctor's office is absent and thus a second batch of happiness hormones is released.

The third thrust comes spontaneously from time to time, when you get a serious compliment from your fellow men.

I find Eau de Parfum more intense and longer lasting than Extrait.
Therefore my recommendation rather to the "more favorable" version.

But in all, both are very great scents.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Crystalline Forest
Hey hey!
I'm describing Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian tonight. If one of you now thinks of the game of chance Baccarat (also known as Baccarat, i.e. written without the "t" at the end"), he (or she) is wrong, because Baccarat does not mean the card game, but a token. Baccarat is a 250 year old manufacturer of high-quality crystals and glasses. On the occasion of its 250th anniversary, this manufacturer wanted to present itself with a high-quality fragrance, so to speak, and chose MFK as its fragrance manufacturer, so that the two noble brands worked together to produce this fragrance. From Baccarat came the great crystal bottle, from MFK of course the fragrance.

By the way, the number 540 in the name refers to the manufacturing process of a certain crystal color of the manufacturer, the baccarat red, which turns red by adding gold dust (24-carat) to the molten crystal and then heating it to 540 degrees Celsius.

So, after all this has been clarified and you now know how you could theoretically make baccarat red yourselves, I can come to the fragrance.

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts with blood orange (oh, it's very suitable in colour :) and sweet jasmine, and there's also a bit of herbaceous saffron, which on paper sounds unusual to the sweet fragrance, olfactory but smells very nice and goes well with it, but the intensity of saffron is still rather low.
Unfortunately, the blood orange, which I found quite nice, fades quite quickly. Or to put it another way, it becomes so weak that you can only perceive it a little when you smell it precisely on the sprayed spot, because it is quickly superimposed by the sweet, sugary scents. Otherwise, the fragrance smells more like jasmine, with the sweet note of amber quickly being joined by another sweet note.
After the top note, the fragrance becomes a little more bitter and a little more... medical... this may be due to the fir balm, but for me it also smells a little bit like medically scented scents, like camphor for example. But I find this neither pungent nor disturbing, since the camphor-like scent is firstly weakly pronounced and secondly the balsamic resinous fir notes smell stronger and also look more beautiful.
And if we are talking about fir trees, then of course a woody scent is also part of it, in this case it is the cedar. Anyway, the fragrance also gets lightly creamy and powdery notes, which especially go well with the sweet fragrances.
Towards the end, it remains sweet and resinous, and yes, I have to admit that this medical note also smells a bit stronger at first, but is still not so pungent that it would bother me personally. Apart from that, it becomes weaker again in the later base. All in all a beautiful and also a little unusual fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is strong and stays that way for a while, so the scent is quite good to smell at one or the other. The shelf life is quite good because the fragrance lasts eight hours and more.

The bottle:
As always, the rectangular bottle is of very high quality and consists of crystal glass and has bevelled or ground side edges. It has a red label on the front (in baccarat red) with a golden border. The MFK logo can be seen on the back. The solid lid is also gold-plated. I think the bottle is massive and very beautiful as always, but I think it's a pity that only in the Extrait de Parfum version of the fragrance does the bottle itself come in baccarat red, ... I think, if the fragrance is already composed for a special occasion, then you could have filled both variants of the fragrance in the more beautiful red bottle...

So, the smell here is actually quite nice. Although he is a little unusual with his resinous and above all the slightly medical smells (which is good, because this is a change, because you don't always get to smell something like that), he also reminds a little of the color red, because the sweet scents partly smell like rouge (so what you ladies smear on your delicate food and what I find quite delightful with you :D).

Of course this medical note can also be perceived more strongly or pungently by some people, but I would still recommend testing the scent here, because I think it is quite successful. It's good for going out, and maybe every now and then during the day for yourself. I'm a little unsure about the season and would find the fragrance wearable in all seasons, well, except maybe not in hot summer.

Yeah, like I said, Baccarat Rouge is well worth a look... um... a nose. And was it already again from me, I wish all a nice evening and until then :)
9.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Clear rejection
I was extremely excited about this fragrance. The name, the bottle and above all the price make you very curious. I'm not a fan of red. I prefer bottles with green and blue. Fresh and lively, with a summer feeling. But with this one, elegance and depth are already screaming at you. It looks delicious. I thought he could be a masterpiece. And in a way, he is. When I smelled him, I couldn't get out of the amazement at all. He was a pleasant, intoxicating sensual pleasure. This sweet, elegant, soft powdery note is so pleasant and delicious that I couldn't take my nose off my wrist for hours. I thought, "That's it!" a great projection and a heavy durability. "The One Scent".
But now comes the other side of the medal.
The longer I had him, the more dissatisfied I became. This tickling firework of sensory explosion gives way to a sobering panic about the animal character that comes through. I'm guessing it's the amber. It lies on the scent and makes it sweetly heavy and exhausting. The clothing smells for days afterwards, and if you wash a shirt with it in the machine, the other laundry smells too. But that doesn't smell nice anymore. Since I'm a vegetarian, I don't like real amber either. I don't believe that companies are content to buy something that was washed up on the beach by chance in order to be profitable. I did not deal with it, but I can imagine that one whale hunts also for this misused around then the amber artificially on sea water with sun exposure to mature let. I know pretty much every animal crueler documentary and can say that pretty much everything that has to do with animals in the area of food, entertainment, clothing and cosmetics is so abnormal and suffering behind the scenes that it turns everyone's stomach who still has a little residual feeling and it's assumed that amber buying is not based on chance finds. So I'm living more and more vegan and I don't do all this stuff anymore. I'm practically out of it. Who doesn't know. Amber develops in the intestine of the pot whale. The lumpy excrements of the whales which swim on the sea mature by sea water and sun exposure to the amber. They're washed up on the beach and worth a fortune. But anyone who believes that companies make their profitability dependent on expensive accidental finds probably still believes in Santa Claus. That's why I don't like this fragrance. Even if it didn't develop so negatively in its scent character, and thus immediately moved into my Top 5, I would have clearly pulled through. Nothing can smell or taste so good that I fold with my principles regarding animal ethics. I just don't do this anymore. Maybe I am wrong and there are no illegal "amber factories" anywhere in Japan or China. But even if I am wrong, and here what is very unlikely exceptionally it is echr so that one relies on coincidence finds with me the world does not end if I consume no Tieramber.
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Practice Vs. cotton candy
A few months ago I decided to test almost all MFK's. It started with Lumiere Noire, whom I bought blind. I liked it so much that I wanted to meet the others. Most of them I have tested extensively and I have to say: Kurkdjian knows his trade. Not only as a perfumer for other brands, but also for in-house productions.
Even though he is rated very well at 7.7, there is still a lot of criticism. Disinfectant, dental practice, cotton candy... It is definitely a special fragrance that polarizes properly. A fragrance you should never buy blind due to positive experiences. What makes this fragrance stand out for me: The recognition value, the extraordinarily good performance and simply the entire appearance.

The MFK scents are very inexpensive compared to other niche scents, which here are significantly more expensive. MFK's usually cost between 120 and 150 Euro per 70ml. This 200 to 230 euros. It is also available for big fans in 200ml. There is also the much more expensive Extrait de Parfum, which however does not have the best reputation and does not really do justice to the high price. Especially as far as performance is concerned, this fragrance is a bomb. Durability and Sillage. I give both of them a 10.0. This scent settles in the nose, even a sprayer is very strongly perceptible. Also the Sillage is especially at the beginning really cool and nothing for people who like to stand in the background. In the 2nd hour she lays down easily, but is nevertheless very strongly present. I find it perfect for going out and for evening events.
The bottle is the typical MFK, but here even nobler due to a great colour combination. Beautiful golden lid and the color of label and perfume looks high quality and noble.

In describing the fragrance, I have to say: It actually moves between the dentist's office and the cotton candy booth. An extraordinary station wagon. This fragrance has a very clean sterile touch, paired with a cotton candy note that sounds cheap but is not. Not sticky, but nobly sweetened. Floral notes with it. I also perceive a light fruity note.
I don't smell special notes here, but in the whole package they make an original composition. He has something polarizing, but also some sensuality and sexiness. Fits type-conditionally but rather to the self-confident type, since he comes across very loud and straight.
I have tested it several times and I like it very much. I accidentally applied it once before going to the gym. Luckily only a sprayer on the back of the hand. It was funny to wear such "penetrating" scent during sports because even a sprayer works very strong.

Last question: Unisex? More of a women's fragrance to me. Even if you shouldn't always categorize everything, I would have guessed a woman's scent in the blind test. But everyone should decide for himself.
8.0 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

sweet hospital disinfectant
First of all: I like MFK fragrances very much, Amyris Homme and Satin Mood belong to my absolute favorite fragrances.

Sprayed 4 times with the Sample Sprayer and can (inside) smell almost nothing, then sprayed again on the skin and here I smell it strangely clearly: smells like sweet hospital disinfectant, smell rather too feminine, whereby I would not find the smell at a lady sexy either. The price is of course also violent.

game of chance
Kurkdjian excels at creating well turned-out perfumes. Smooth, seamless perfumes with lovely olfactory shapes and pleasant profiles. Of course, he also makes Cologne and Absolue pour le Soir, two of the dirtiest roses available, so he’s not limited to olfactory pleasantry. Still, most of the Maison Francis Kurkdjian perfumes have a mannered quality. Where various perfume lines promise Arabian fantasy or minimalism or narrative, MFK offers the comfort of normalcy. Only better. MFK gives us the mainstream, but with a perfection that negates the inherent dullness found in middle of the road.

Take the Amyrises. They are luxe versions of what you might find on the department store fragrance counters at any given moment—they are designed to be. They might not draw your attention at a distance, but up close the fit looks just too good to be off-the-rack. They balance a prim detachment with a wink to let you know that there’s more here than just an idealized designer perfume.

Baccarat shares the refined, muted quality of the Amyrises but not their designer style. It is more abstract and uncluttered. The polish, the precious-metal glow that many of Kurkdjian’s perfumes have is there, but the shape is less conventional. It riffs on a mainstream sensibility, but less so than the Amyrises.

The opening of the perfume matches the the nearly-fruity scent of fir to a juicy orange but cuts the sweetness with a mineral edge. The saltiness and a cotton-candy note circle each other, yet Baccarat 540 skips the lingering caramel predictability of the current run of praline perfumes. The specific notes seem to recede over time as large olfactory images come into focus. A marine/ambergris shape gives a balanced, synthetic profile to the heartnotes. The sweet/nutty pairing holds together through the drydown giving a cozy coherence from top to bottom.

Unusual? Yes.

Edgy? Not in the least.

Interesting? Try it and see.
6.0 8.0 10.0 3.0/10

Drseid
Play The Game, Avoid This Luxury Crystal Maker Inspired Perfume...
Baccarat Rouge 540 opens with a brief dash of saffron spice infused dulled orange before quickly moving to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart, the orange morphs to a vague, slightly transparent and relatively sweet fruity floral jasmine accord, as powerful woody amber takes on the starring role, with significant powdery oakmoss and fir balsam support. During the late dry-down the composition remains highly linear as the powder infused woody amber continues to control sans the jasmine and sweetness, now with mild cedarwood support through the finish. Projection is very good to excellent and longevity outstanding at nearly 24 hours on skin.

What a stinker Baccarat Rouge 540 is. I knew in seconds I would detest this composition, and sadly after a couple full wearings on skin my opinion hasn't changed. The initial dulled orange is tolerable, but that only lasts five seconds before the composition turns cloyingly sweet from the woody amber, and extremely powdery from an unpleasant and poorly implemented oakmoss and fir balsam tandem that is suffocating to the powder averse like this writer. As the composition is highly linear, things don't change much all the way through the finish, letting the nose torture continue on and on... and on. In truth, there really isn't anything I can say positive about the composition's smell as it is all bad, really. At least on the flip-side for those perfume warriors that can tolerate wearing this scary stuff, the performance metrics, especially longevity, are absolutely outstanding. So if you are insistent on wearing an early "worst new perfume of 2016" candidate (at least easily to the nose of this writer), you will live with this stuff all day and all night without any fear of it wearing off. The bottom line is Baccarat Rouge 540 may seem like a relative bargain at its current selling price of $300 per 70ml bottle (as it originally was sold as a 250 piece limited edition in a fancy Baccarat crystal bottle for an eye popping $4000), but in truth $3 is paying too much for this "poor" to "very poor" 1 to 1.5 stars out of 5 rated horror. Spending your $300 at the baccarat *table* is a better investment.

Superpens 94 days ago
crushed rubies in a bottle, not enough words can describe how good this is.+1
JoaoMartins 13 months ago
Strange perfume. I like it on others, I don't love it on me!
Yos 15 months ago
Explaining what is smells like sounds bad but it's AMAZING! Completely unisex too. Smooth, sweet, and unique!+1
SamuelGustav 2 years ago
This is like one of those beautiful celebrities, beautiful until they open their mouths. It's like a love/hate thing.+3
ScentedSalon 4 years ago
Quality ingredients but becomes sickly with the jasmine and orange. Not enough to call this a beautiful perfume.+2

by Sweetsmell75