Baccarat Rouge 540 (2017)Extrait de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Top 8 in Unisex Perfume
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Egyptian jasminum grandiflorum, Saffron, Moroccan bitter almond, Cedarwood, Musk, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.07.2020.

HIRH
The sweet seduction of the floral Orient
Created for the anniversary of the crystal glass manufacturer Baccarat, which fits surprisingly well. Why I don't know exactly, but I only found out about it after I bought the fragrance and had already had associations with my Nachtmann Noblesse glasses.

Anyway, I think it's the elegance. Crystal glasses are timelessly elegant and Baccarat Rouge is also timelessly elegant. Elegant and seductive are the attributes I would most easily attribute to the Baccarat Rouge.

The fragrance starts with a floral note and saffron and amber and some almond. The EdP version, by the way, is the same, but without almond. I think both versions are beautiful, the additional almond doesn't bother me, but it doesn't change much in the overall impression. As I think.

My best friend has the EdP version and I think it works better on his skin. I am and remain convinced that simplicity is the highest form of perfume perfection. Nevertheless, I chose the ExdP because my skin is dry and I have durability problems with EdPs and EdTs. Probably placebo, but perfumes are there for the feeling and this must be right. With my best friend, the differences in sillage and durability are at best so marginal that they don't really want to attract attention.

The floral notes diminish over time, but never disappear completely. The leading roles are clearly amber and saffron. I like the way the floral notes of jasmine blend with amber and saffron. An also-floral fragrance that cries out for going out and not for summer. That's nice and something different. Non-lovers of floral fragrances should not be put off by the floral component. This perfume is something different.

The saleswoman at KaDeWe, by the way, was firmly convinced that this fragrance contained pheromones. Kurkdjian himself had wanted to recreate the odourless scent of human attraction in this fragrance. Of course I am not able to say whether this is true. Nevertheless he exerts a special attraction. I attribute it to the saffron. In the right dosage, it makes almost any scent special. I like saffron
Amber and saffron, one would probably think more of an oud combination. If you are looking for such a combination, I would like to recommend you to try the Amber Aoud by Roja. Saffron, amber, oud. Also very nice, but unfortunately much more expensive and well over my perfume budget.

Conclusion: For the cost-conscious fragrance lover without dry skin I would like to suggest to try the EdP variant first. In my opinion, it is only slightly different, which other noses may naturally feel differently. Due to a particular increase in durability and sillage I would also not resort to the ExdP concentration. Nevertheless, this fragrance remains a beautiful work of art and almond suits the fragrance well.

Cheers
DarkWinterCS
voulez vous coucher avec moi ?
Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum, a fragrance that, along with Oud Wood and Aventus, is probably one of the best known on the scene today and can be found on almost every YouTube Influencer in the collection. One can be afraid that the fragrance will soon be as noodled as Aventus already is. It's unusual why a flowery-sweet scent is so well accepted by the masses, as I find it a bit more feminine than unisex.
Again, I am curious to see to what extent the quality of the already tested Maison Francis Kurkdjian fragrances will be achieved and to what extent an independence or balance will be shown to convince me.
Since some people have written about the extent to which eau de parfum differs from Extrait de Parfum, I didn't want to expose myself and give it a try. A direct head-to-head duel of the two concentration strengths. I was not disappointed, because both fragrances differ significantly on my skin. But I can say right at the beginning that for me neither the price of the extract nor that of the perfume is justified. Maybe it could be because of how the scent develops on my skin, because I would have imagined quite different things here.

Since the Extrait de Parfum of the Baccarat Rouge 540 appeals to me more, I will start with this one. Just the start of the fragrance is really a splendour and a benefit for my nose. A pleasant sweet-floral start, which already reaches a wonderful quality, full of delicacy and elegance and invites me to dance in a hall full of velvet curtains. Seldom have I experienced such a beautiful and distinct start that makes me melt. Dreams full of almond, saffron and amber become reality and work wonders. As soft and delicate as it can only be in a cuddly blanket. At the same time it seems so complexly elaborated and deep that you can sink into this blanket.

Little by little the fragrance develops slowly. Woods are added to my skin, which take away the sweetness of the scent and make it duller. This may be helpful for the durability and masculinity of the fragrance, but it bothers me a bit compared to the start, because here it lets its special notes fall into the background. From this point on, the fragrance seems relatively interchangeable and boring to me. I am disappointed.

Against the durability and sillage you can not lose a bad tone and thoughts. The brew is too strong, so everyone gets a portion of this Baccarat Rouge 540. Especially the Sillage mists up whole rooms and makes itself noticeable to everyone, even if you don't want it. A statement in an open-plan office: "You can smell that someone has perfumed himself". That's how it should be, but it seems more unpleasant to me as the scent drifts too much into woody ones. You also have to cope with sniffing this scent for most of the day. There is definitely no danger of re-spraying here.

I am glad to have tested BR540 ExdP. Finally I was able to get my own picture of why many people have or want to have this fragrance in their collection. For me it is a nice fragrance with a great start and a wooden presence that comes too quickly. If it would start much later, I could even justify a place in the collection, but after an hour it comes across too boring, where I still dream of a nice start. Furthermore, the pricing of this fragrance is too high for me to justify it, as it unfortunately loses its unique opening notes
Save the upcharge: EdP > ExdP
I prefer the EdP over the ExdP.

When you extract it, you lose some of the fir resin/earwood/cedar combination that makes EdP more masculine. Instead, you have an almond note here, which makes it more gourmand and feminine. On the other hand, the extract has more depth, is more complex and a bit darker
Nevertheless, in my opinion the EdP performs better in terms of durability and sillage. The ExdP is more of a skin scent for me.
Nickhun1
Don't judge a book by it's cover
If I were to buy a fragrance just by the look of the bottle, you would certainly have walked under my radar...because I think it looks pretty unspectacular, but that's a matter of taste...the contents alone become a dangerous weapon!

When I carry you, I have to be prepared....the fried fish bun from the North Sea turns into a noble lobster...the Freixenet tastes like Moët & Chandon...and if I close my eyes very tightly, my Michael Kors shopper could also pass for Louis Vuitton.

My sneakers are today heels from Jimmy Choo and the good sneaker from Hunkemöller is also good as an Agent Provocateur
I don't want to label you that way, you just play in the upper league, you are a tough nut to crack...so distant and cool, at the same time so warm and cuddly! I really want to get to know you!

Your prelude in the top note is a bit austere and smells strange, probably it is the saffron, this extraordinary and noble spice will gild you nevertheless. Nevertheless, I am almost inclined to say: Fie ..no, they are crazy ..no way, for the money! Do you really want me to put up with you? God, which is it, heart or mind?

But it's worth waiting a while, giving you enough time to let your wonderful nuances unfold. Is this the bitter almond that makes you smell so beguilingly sweet...almost like caramel that has become too dark and yet so fascinating that I want to have more of you? And you won't deny me that either.

You don't leave my side day and night! Drop by drop you must be enjoyed like fine champagne, otherwise you will quickly become too bitter and too much! One must not look at you superficially, because then you sometimes seem brittle.

It is difficult to celebrate with you and to let the corks pop, you could easily be teasing with your arrogance! That's why I don't like spending every day with you

If I choose you, I must have time for you, like with a good book.

Your flacon garment is not conspicuous, but still expensive! This understatement does not suit you, almost frown upon you. And yet it makes you an object of desire again. But in the end it is always the content that counts!

No matter if it's a scent or a person!

The older, wealthy lady
My perfume-loving buddy brought me some samples one evening, including Baccarat Rouge 540, and the first impression was good. Sort of cherryy, fruity, but with a serious undertone. Very interesting! I have never smelled anything like this before, so it is a very special and unique scent.

The fruitiness comes from saffron and jasmine, the serious undertone comes from cedar wood and musk. On my skin the scent hasn't changed at all. It just got a little less fresh, if that makes sense.

I can only say WOW about the performance. From the same house I had already tried the Satin Mood, which was a bit too rosy for me, but it also had a bombastic performance. So did the Baccarat Rouge 540, even with a shower it was still smelling the next morning.

A fantastic fragrance that not everyone will love, but you certainly can't hate it either
The Sweet Arab
Baccarat Rouge 540 extrai de Parfum is a masterpiece, yet this fragrance DNA is years ahead of the other fragrances on the market. This sweet, which is wrapped in a saffron-almond mix reflects a vibe that is second to none
The shelf life is good for an Extrai but not a 9.0, the silage on the other hand is overwhelming and would have deserved the 9.0.

I have already received several compliments from both men and women for this fragrance, which catapults it directly into my top ten, furthermore this fragrance is wearable all year round, which makes it a real king. For the office this fragrance is not suitable, because it is already radiant and therefore generally in closed rooms only with caution to enjoy.

When I wore it for the first time, I was at work, where the first customer drew my attention to my beautiful scent, after which we went for a coffee
In the end it turned out that she also owns and loves this fragrance. In the end we stayed in contact through Parfumo, which proved to me how small the world is and how beautifully scents connect One must also say that Parfumo is a really nice tool for it, so probs to the admin.

All in all, I can recommend the fragrance to anyone who is willing to pay a lot of money for a fragrance that brings you masses of compliments and is also universally usable.

Stay healthy, my dears.
OmegApo
It smells extraordinary but too faint for me...
The fragrance is very good yes, no question but as one of the Oud Satin Mood, Nasomatto Black Afghano, Amouage Jubilation XXV, Valentino Uomo Intense, PDM Layton owns the BR540 Extrait seems much weaker to me. I made the comparison between the BR540 and its "fragrance twin" Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa Oud Fusion and who would have thought it, the fragrances smell extremely similar. While I perceive something citric with the BR540, yes, something citric is not mentioned as a note but I really perceive something citric :D which I like very much, I perceive something rosy, sweet with Oud Fusion... You must have smelled BR540 if you are interested in non-scents. Would I get it again, after I have Oud Fusion in my care for 1/10 of the price, No, I wouldn't. Since the scents are really very similar. If you put both scents on your left and right wrist and smell them alternately, you can tell the difference. I think, if you are on a christmas market or something like that and a person passing me would have Oud Fusion on it, I would think of BR540 and not Oud Fusion. I can't really understand some of the reviews that gave a 9-10 as far as H/S is concerned. I give the fragrance an 8-8,5 ( H/S ), but a 9 or 10 is not at all. Fragrances like Interlude Man, Black Afghano or even Oud Satin Mood will give a 9 upwards but not BR540.

Conclusion: A very beautiful fragrance, masterpiece? Yes and no, buy recommendation: No only if you have a lot of money to spend :D otherwise go for Oud Fusion. But what's definitely a 10 is the beautiful bottle, because it's really something to fall in love with.

Cotton Candy & cologne
I have recieved a sample of this precious fragance and i must say that It is really nice. It sweet but not too much, It keeps some freshness on the background which makes It very weareable. For me this is a mix between a classic Cologne smell perfume, like Cologne indeleble by Frederic Malle, neroli portofino by Tom Tom Ford or the classical Aqua di parma; with almonds and cotton Candy. Or like an aventus with almond and something sweet instead of the pinneaple. The quality of the smell is very high!
But in the other hand the i see the performance a bit weak (according to the price and the concentración of thebfragance). On my skin It lasts but not much more than other eau the parfums that i have (and this is suposed to be an extrait) so i dont know if It really worths to pay the 4.50€/ml that this perfume costs. I havent tried the edp versión. But If the quality is similar i would pay this price for it without any doubt, but the price of the extrait i think is a bit high for this performance... But the price is something subjective always...

Scent: 10
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 4
Versatility: 6
Originality: 9
Global: 8.5
The holy hand grenade
Controversial scent... about the durability and sillage need not be talked about here, but more than one spray of this scent should be punished as a violation of the BtMG.
If I feel in the mood to apply BR, I usually do it (as far as possible) a little before I leave the house, otherwise it is much too much of a good thing
But now to the fragrance itself:
I must say the bottle describes this one really well, the fragrance is similar to its container an eye-catcher. Certainly not everyone likes it, but if he meets the taste, it is definitely a nice charisma.
This scent is commented on more often than average by me, which I now simply blame on the H/S :)
My mother thought I smelled as if I had laid down in a cotton candy drum at a fair; my roommate described the base note with the well-chosen expert words: "somehow smells really masculine"... I can't quite understand it, he is the epitome of unisex, at least almost everybody likes sweet things!
How it came to this was quickly clarified, this molecular scent develops from sluggish to sluggish very differently, I have tested this (reluctantly) on my roommates :D
With my roommate it became rather dark, spicy, and with my roommate it developed much lighter & finely woody Holzig.
What is a constant, however, is the saffron & amber sweet aura... which dominates throughout.

I personally find this fragrance composition beautiful, although not for all purposes!
I often miss the occasion to wear this fragrance, somehow it is too obtrusive for the office, too hearty for coffee & cake but at the same time very daring for romantic evenings.
Sundays alone Home is usually the place of choice so far! But you can wear it in your free time with some friends :D

He definitely has a place in my collection, simply because I am absolutely addicted to it!

Floral sweet exquisite baccarat
This has to be my favourite sweet oriental inspired fragrance and my gateway into saffron scents! When I started my fragrance journey, I felt a certain snobbery every time the name of this fragrance came up. My friend and sponsor in this journey always said this is over rated and that he didn’t understand how people fall head over heel for it. So as a good student, I avoided Baccarat rouge. It was easy, I lived in a small city in Scotland and had no access to perfume shops that carried MFK. I signed up to nose.fr and after answering a series of questions, I identified my fragrance profile and 3 fragrances were suggested. Among these was Oud Satin Mood extrait, which was a huge instant love! It is still my favourite jammy rose sweet fragrance, if I could bathe in this I would. I decided to investigate the other offerings from Francis Kurkdjian, and pounced on the next sample being offered on the fragrance Facebook group, it was baccarat extrait.
It was so lush, I cannot distinguish individual notes but I smelled something sweet like cotton candy almost, I could smell saffron and almonds.
It was like the most exquisite pudding. It was delicious and above all it was familiar. It evolved I to this scent cloud that I felt all day long. I then sheepishly told my friend that I liked baccarat and he said of course you did, most people like it.
I was then surprised to see that it’s one of the most copied fragrances out there. I tried the extrait and the EDP and I do feel that the extrait is sweeter than the EDP and seems to have this note which feels like almonds to me. BR540 is a comfort scent for me, and one that won’t go unnoticed. Few of my friends bought the dupes after smelling this on me, so I found myself wearing it less often than I would’ve done otherwise. This is all too well as I have to be careful with it because it can be cloying at times.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 42 days ago
I am totally nose blind with this perfume. I have tried on me and already tried on my wife ... and i smell nothing unless the saffron.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 104 days ago
Original and precious smell, sweet but elegant and even opulent. The issue for me is the performance. It is no bad but worse than exoected.
SergioTSergioT 142 days ago
One of the best ever made. Classy, sweet, aethereal yet present. A safron and ambergris woody blend perfectly done. A scent for the ages.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 13 months ago
BR 540 Extrait grows from an initial bitter almond to a sumptuous surrounding ambergris that sticks to the skin and merges with it. Great!
FranknSenseFranknSense 13 months ago
An fine ambergris and exquisite bitter almond embroiderie. It's calm and soothing. Recommended at night with Pachelbel's Canon in D major.
GabrielCEGabrielCE 16 months ago
Soft but powerful
Intimidating but intimate
This can only be described as one of the best perfumes ever made
A masterpiece!
PioPio 16 months ago
This has to be one of the best perfumes-if not the best- out there. Delicate yet astonishingly full-bodied and powerful.
LexaLexa 20 months ago
Sweet bitter almonds,2 jasmine petals that barely say a word,a dash of salty amber. Very simple,yet the most addictive fragrance.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
Hopefully a different fragrance. If not, what's the point? Oh... look at that shiny new bottle!

Vielen, vielen lieben Dank für Eure feurigen Kommentare!❤️ Ich freue mich sehr darüber!! :-)) Ich wünsche Euch einen tollen Wochenstart, alles liebe aus Wien!!
by LaVioletta
Fresh21/ Foto Challenge
by Rosie88
MFK Flakons sind für mich schlichte Eleganz...
by Flanker
by EssAli
by CorleoneL
by CorleoneL

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Ciel de Gum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian