Baccarat Rouge 540 2017Extrait de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 9 in Unisex Perfume
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Egyptian jasminum grandiflorum, Saffron, Moroccan bitter almond, Cedarwood, Musk, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.10.2020.

Giant Number Two...
...why Number Two? Because for me, Ginormous Number One is the eau de parfum version... :)
Nevertheless this assignment was quite difficult..... THEN, they are BOTH absolute masterpieces and I haven't been allowed to test a fragrance for a long time that has stayed in my mind....EdP and the Extrait!

In short, it's much sweeter than the eau de parfum version! They're both unisex, but I think IF you want to call one of them more feminine and the other more unisex (I don't really like to do that, because I think that no matter what the scent is, it should always be unisex...but that's another story xD ), the Extrait de Parfum is more feminine :)
BUT: To the gentlemen out there: but at this point it doesn't matter, because if you like this fragrance, please wear it too, because it's VERY GREAT! And also this fragrance will develop differently on every single individual :)

I would describe the scent as follows: a sweet, special scent, which does not have the typical candy floss, fruit sweetness or even gummy bear sweetness (which I find quite bad), but really smells EDEL...like nothing out of this world! He is arrogant for me! He has everything a special scent needs that doesn't want to be part of the boring perfume lines of a Douglas! This is to him again.... the scent could be from Karl Lagerfeld.... i think the character traits would fit :) don't know how to describe it differently :) ( by the way i love Karl!! )

The sillage is as often with an Extrait (I noticed it at least with my Extraits) a little bit skin-near with the EdP variant! It has a little more depth!

So run to the next perfumery that carries this treasure and TEST it :D Unfortunately not quite cheap this gem but what is in this world of value even cheap... ? The prices are rising and rising and rising (oh I'm getting off the road again sorry....)

Greetings
A perfume freak
Angelina Patchouli

Terrific!
Hadn't informed me about this fragrance before and discovered it by chance in the Oberpollinger in Munich and sprayed it on.
The first impression right after spraying on the paint did not even flash me like that. I noticed a more "medical - mixed with dextrose" note.
5 minutes later - Wow, he smells gross! In the beginning very floral fresh, but in oriental style. I love saffron and this undertone complements this fragrance perfectly. If you let a few more minutes pass it gets a little bit firmer and warmer
On the same day I ordered the 70ml bottle.

Never before I was asked so often about my perfume.
It is also funny how much the perceptions diverge. Some people take it as very flowery fresh. Others it reminds them of caramel, or baked apples :D
I think to many people he seems, indefinable and sweet.

In any case it is perceived very quickly and the Sillage is in my opinion above average.
The fragrance stays with me from morning to evening, which is what I expect from an Extrait de Parfum.

Somehow the scent has become my Daily Driver. I wear it around the office with just a little splash. In the evening I take two or three :P

If you have the opportunity to try it out in any case!
Had sprayed me with the eau de parfum, too. It's more floral and lighter and I don't see it on men.

Have a nice day! :)
Victoria225
I fucking love you, I love you not... Damn, I need you, I don't need you..
BR is THE perfume about which there are so many disputes. Some say it's the best they've ever had, while others call it their absolute olfactory nightmare. As for me... Well, the title sentence is right. For me, BR is a love-hate relationship. It's so heavenly beautiful, and at the same time so terribly oppressive - a contradiction in terms. Sprayed more than once, it threatens to slay you. But even if you dose it very sparingly, it accompanies you constantly for several hours. And this is exactly what destroys its beauty for me.
The durability and sillage are outstanding: you can smell it everywhere and all the time: it sticks to the clothes you wear, it goes over to everything you touch, the scent trail follows you wherever you go. Baccarat is everywhere. For some people it may be a great advantage, especially if you are faithful to a single scent. But I like to change my scents more often. And once I've sprayed BR, I can forget all the other scents at least until I've washed my clothes twice and my hair thoroughly.
I once owned a bottle of EdP and at some point I parted with it because the scent had settled so strongly in my nose that it became unbearable.
Now I have tested the extract. It's a little more rounded and not as medicinal as the classic one. But only at the beginning. But in the base they are absolutely the same for me, as well as in durability and sillage.
It probably just needs air, then it shows its beautiful side - you notice it from time to time, so fine and so attractive. In closed rooms, however, BR is too intense and oppressive for me, too dominant. You have to be able to wear it.

Damn it, BR 540 in Extrait, I don't need you. 2ml sample is enough for me to inhale the beautiful scent once in a while
HIRH
The sweet seduction of the floral Orient
Created for the anniversary of the crystal glass manufacturer Baccarat, which fits surprisingly well. Why I don't know exactly, but I only found out about it after I bought the fragrance and had already had associations with my Nachtmann Noblesse glasses.

Anyway, I think it's the elegance. Crystal glasses are timelessly elegant and Baccarat Rouge is also timelessly elegant. Elegant and seductive are the attributes I would most easily attribute to the Baccarat Rouge.

The fragrance starts with a floral note and saffron and amber and some almond. The EdP version, by the way, is the same, but without almond. I think both versions are beautiful, the additional almond doesn't bother me, but it doesn't change much in the overall impression. As I think.

My best friend has the EdP version and I think it works better on his skin. I am and remain convinced that simplicity is the highest form of perfume perfection. Nevertheless, I chose the ExdP because my skin is dry and I have durability problems with EdPs and EdTs. Probably placebo, but perfumes are there for the feeling and this must be right. With my best friend, the differences in sillage and durability are at best so marginal that they don't really want to attract attention.

The floral notes diminish over time, but never disappear completely. The leading roles are clearly amber and saffron. I like the way the floral notes of jasmine blend with amber and saffron. An also-floral fragrance that cries out for going out and not for summer. That's nice and something different. Non-lovers of floral fragrances should not be put off by the floral component. This perfume is something different.

The saleswoman at KaDeWe, by the way, was firmly convinced that this fragrance contained pheromones. Kurkdjian himself had wanted to recreate the odourless scent of human attraction in this fragrance. Of course I am not able to say whether this is true. Nevertheless he exerts a special attraction. I attribute it to the saffron. In the right dosage, it makes almost any scent special. I like saffron
Amber and saffron, one would probably think more of an oud combination. If you are looking for such a combination, I would like to recommend you to try the Amber Aoud by Roja. Saffron, amber, oud. Also very nice, but unfortunately much more expensive and well over my perfume budget.

Conclusion: For the cost-conscious fragrance lover without dry skin I would like to suggest to try the EdP variant first. In my opinion, it is only slightly different, which other noses may naturally feel differently. Due to a particular increase in durability and sillage I would also not resort to the ExdP concentration. Nevertheless, this fragrance remains a beautiful work of art and almond suits the fragrance well.

Cheers
DarkWinterCS
voulez vous coucher avec moi ?
Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum, a fragrance that, along with Oud Wood and Aventus, is probably one of the best known on the scene today and can be found on almost every YouTube Influencer in the collection. One can be afraid that the fragrance will soon be as noodled as Aventus already is. It's unusual why a flowery-sweet scent is so well accepted by the masses, as I find it a bit more feminine than unisex.
Again, I am curious to see to what extent the quality of the already tested Maison Francis Kurkdjian fragrances will be achieved and to what extent an independence or balance will be shown to convince me.
Since some people have written about the extent to which eau de parfum differs from Extrait de Parfum, I didn't want to expose myself and give it a try. A direct head-to-head duel of the two concentration strengths. I was not disappointed, because both fragrances differ significantly on my skin. But I can say right at the beginning that for me neither the price of the extract nor that of the perfume is justified. Maybe it could be because of how the scent develops on my skin, because I would have imagined quite different things here.

Since the Extrait de Parfum of the Baccarat Rouge 540 appeals to me more, I will start with this one. Just the start of the fragrance is really a splendour and a benefit for my nose. A pleasant sweet-floral start, which already reaches a wonderful quality, full of delicacy and elegance and invites me to dance in a hall full of velvet curtains. Seldom have I experienced such a beautiful and distinct start that makes me melt. Dreams full of almond, saffron and amber become reality and work wonders. As soft and delicate as it can only be in a cuddly blanket. At the same time it seems so complexly elaborated and deep that you can sink into this blanket.

Little by little the fragrance develops slowly. Woods are added to my skin, which take away the sweetness of the scent and make it duller. This may be helpful for the durability and masculinity of the fragrance, but it bothers me a bit compared to the start, because here it lets its special notes fall into the background. From this point on, the fragrance seems relatively interchangeable and boring to me. I am disappointed.

Against the durability and sillage you can not lose a bad tone and thoughts. The brew is too strong, so everyone gets a portion of this Baccarat Rouge 540. Especially the Sillage mists up whole rooms and makes itself noticeable to everyone, even if you don't want it. A statement in an open-plan office: "You can smell that someone has perfumed himself". That's how it should be, but it seems more unpleasant to me as the scent drifts too much into woody ones. You also have to cope with sniffing this scent for most of the day. There is definitely no danger of re-spraying here.

I am glad to have tested BR540 ExdP. Finally I was able to get my own picture of why many people have or want to have this fragrance in their collection. For me it is a nice fragrance with a great start and a wooden presence that comes too quickly. If it would start much later, I could even justify a place in the collection, but after an hour it comes across too boring, where I still dream of a nice start. Furthermore, the pricing of this fragrance is too high for me to justify it, as it unfortunately loses its unique opening notes
Save the upcharge: EdP > ExdP
I prefer the EdP over the ExdP.

When you extract it, you lose some of the fir resin/earwood/cedar combination that makes EdP more masculine. Instead, you have an almond note here, which makes it more gourmand and feminine. On the other hand, the extract has more depth, is more complex and a bit darker
Nevertheless, in my opinion the EdP performs better in terms of durability and sillage. The ExdP is more of a skin scent for me.
Nickhun1
Don't judge a book by it's cover
If I were to buy a fragrance just by the look of the bottle, you would certainly have walked under my radar...because I think it looks pretty unspectacular, but that's a matter of taste...the contents alone become a dangerous weapon!

When I carry you, I have to be prepared....the fried fish bun from the North Sea turns into a noble lobster...the Freixenet tastes like Moët & Chandon...and if I close my eyes very tightly, my Michael Kors shopper could also pass for Louis Vuitton.

My sneakers are today heels from Jimmy Choo and the good sneaker from Hunkemöller is also good as an Agent Provocateur
I don't want to label you that way, you just play in the upper league, you are a tough nut to crack...so distant and cool, at the same time so warm and cuddly! I really want to get to know you!

Your prelude in the top note is a bit austere and smells strange, probably it is the saffron, this extraordinary and noble spice will gild you nevertheless. Nevertheless, I am almost inclined to say: Fie ..no, they are crazy ..no way, for the money! Do you really want me to put up with you? God, which is it, heart or mind?

But it's worth waiting a while, giving you enough time to let your wonderful nuances unfold. Is this the bitter almond that makes you smell so beguilingly sweet...almost like caramel that has become too dark and yet so fascinating that I want to have more of you? And you won't deny me that either.

You don't leave my side day and night! Drop by drop you must be enjoyed like fine champagne, otherwise you will quickly become too bitter and too much! One must not look at you superficially, because then you sometimes seem brittle.

It is difficult to celebrate with you and to let the corks pop, you could easily be teasing with your arrogance! That's why I don't like spending every day with you

If I choose you, I must have time for you, like with a good book.

Your flacon garment is not conspicuous, but still expensive! This understatement does not suit you, almost frown upon you. And yet it makes you an object of desire again. But in the end it is always the content that counts!

No matter if it's a scent or a person!

The older, wealthy lady
My perfume-loving buddy brought me some samples one evening, including Baccarat Rouge 540, and the first impression was good. Sort of cherryy, fruity, but with a serious undertone. Very interesting! I have never smelled anything like this before, so it is a very special and unique scent.

The fruitiness comes from saffron and jasmine, the serious undertone comes from cedar wood and musk. On my skin the scent hasn't changed at all. It just got a little less fresh, if that makes sense.

I can only say WOW about the performance. From the same house I had already tried the Satin Mood, which was a bit too rosy for me, but it also had a bombastic performance. So did the Baccarat Rouge 540, even with a shower it was still smelling the next morning.

A fantastic fragrance that not everyone will love, but you certainly can't hate it either
The Sweet Arab
Baccarat Rouge 540 extrai de Parfum is a masterpiece, yet this fragrance DNA is years ahead of the other fragrances on the market. This sweet, which is wrapped in a saffron-almond mix reflects a vibe that is second to none
The shelf life is good for an Extrai but not a 9.0, the silage on the other hand is overwhelming and would have deserved the 9.0.

I have already received several compliments from both men and women for this fragrance, which catapults it directly into my top ten, furthermore this fragrance is wearable all year round, which makes it a real king. For the office this fragrance is not suitable, because it is already radiant and therefore generally in closed rooms only with caution to enjoy.

When I wore it for the first time, I was at work, where the first customer drew my attention to my beautiful scent, after which we went for a coffee
In the end it turned out that she also owns and loves this fragrance. In the end we stayed in contact through Parfumo, which proved to me how small the world is and how beautifully scents connect One must also say that Parfumo is a really nice tool for it, so probs to the admin.

All in all, I can recommend the fragrance to anyone who is willing to pay a lot of money for a fragrance that brings you masses of compliments and is also universally usable.

Stay healthy, my dears.
OmegApo
It smells extraordinary but too faint for me...
The fragrance is very good yes, no question but as one of the Oud Satin Mood, Nasomatto Black Afghano, Amouage Jubilation XXV, Valentino Uomo Intense, PDM Layton owns the BR540 Extrait seems much weaker to me. I made the comparison between the BR540 and its "fragrance twin" Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa Oud Fusion and who would have thought it, the fragrances smell extremely similar. While I perceive something citric with the BR540, yes, something citric is not mentioned as a note but I really perceive something citric :D which I like very much, I perceive something rosy, sweet with Oud Fusion... You must have smelled BR540 if you are interested in non-scents. Would I get it again, after I have Oud Fusion in my care for 1/10 of the price, No, I wouldn't. Since the scents are really very similar. If you put both scents on your left and right wrist and smell them alternately, you can tell the difference. I think, if you are on a christmas market or something like that and a person passing me would have Oud Fusion on it, I would think of BR540 and not Oud Fusion. I can't really understand some of the reviews that gave a 9-10 as far as H/S is concerned. I give the fragrance an 8-8,5 ( H/S ), but a 9 or 10 is not at all. Fragrances like Interlude Man, Black Afghano or even Oud Satin Mood will give a 9 upwards but not BR540.

Conclusion: A very beautiful fragrance, masterpiece? Yes and no, buy recommendation: No only if you have a lot of money to spend :D otherwise go for Oud Fusion. But what's definitely a 10 is the beautiful bottle, because it's really something to fall in love with.

CoolrunnerCoolrunner 18 days ago
Bitter almond and sherbet making beautiful marzipan. Linear but awesome, in category of GOAT-s. Aweson longevity and sillage. Masterpiece!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 142 days ago
I am totally nose blind with this perfume. I have tried on me and already tried on my wife ... and i smell nothing unless the saffron.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 7 months ago
Original and precious smell, sweet but elegant and even opulent. The issue for me is the performance. It is no bad but worse than exoected.
SergioTSergioT 8 months ago
One of the best ever made. Classy, sweet, aethereal yet present. A safron and ambergris woody blend perfectly done. A scent for the ages.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 17 months ago
BR 540 Extrait grows from an initial bitter almond to a sumptuous surrounding ambergris that sticks to the skin and merges with it. Great!
FranknSenseFranknSense 17 months ago
An fine ambergris and exquisite bitter almond embroiderie. It's calm and soothing. Recommended at night with Pachelbel's Canon in D major.
GabrielCEGabrielCE 19 months ago
Soft but powerful
Intimidating but intimate
This can only be described as one of the best perfumes ever made
A masterpiece!
PioPio 19 months ago
This has to be one of the best perfumes-if not the best- out there. Delicate yet astonishingly full-bodied and powerful.
LexaLexa 23 months ago
Sweet bitter almonds,2 jasmine petals that barely say a word,a dash of salty amber. Very simple,yet the most addictive fragrance.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
Hopefully a different fragrance. If not, what's the point? Oh... look at that shiny new bottle!

Vielen, vielen lieben Dank für Eure feurigen Kommentare!❤️ Ich freue mich sehr darüber!! :-)) Ich wünsche Euch einen tollen Wochenstart, alles liebe aus Wien!!
by LaVioletta
Fresh21/ Foto Challenge
by Rosie88
MFK Flakons sind für mich schlichte Eleganz...
by Flanker
by CorleoneL
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian