Baccarat Rouge 540 (2017) Extrait de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Egyptian jasminum grandiflorum, Saffron, Moroccan bitter almond, Cedarwood, Woody musk, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.03.2019

9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10
The 1:1 comparison
I buzzed around the scent for a long time, but never dared to test it... maybe it was the word "extrait"... boo! How dangerous *grins*

After reading the comments and statements about the Extrait here in the forum, I decided to get a sample of the Extrait and the EDP and compare it... (yeah... I like doing that)

EDP so left- and right-extrait sprayed:

In the prelude both are similar to each other to confuse... But with the Extrait I can smell significantly more saffron and with the EDP a juicy blood orange...

Already after short time the ways of the two separate... Compared to the Extrait, the EDP is of course a lot quieter and more restrained...

The EDP becomes creamy and blends perfectly with my skin. Like a soft orange veil of jasmine and saffron, wrapped in the finest ambergris... simply wonderful melting and stays all day long, even if only very close... A rather unsweet gold-orange sweetheart...
I am surprised that the EDP is so quiet compared to the Extrait! Is nevertheless an EDP!
Sillage I would give 7 of 10 points
Shelf life: one 7
Total score: a generous 8

The Extrait compared to the EDP already has a slightly louder voice... Loud but pleasant in sound!
The saffron and the bitter almond clearly set the tone here together... it reminds me a bit of roasted almonds from the fair... Not soo dolle sweet, but still a fine sweet :) A very pleasant sweetness, I think...
The jasmine is rather in the background at the beginning, but sometimes it flashes through slightly and gives the fragrance a slightly floral note... really great done... Ambergris also gets through from time to time, but not as clearly as with EDP.
Sillage: one 8
Shelf life: one 8
Total score: just past the 10 with a 9,5

Surprisingly I also found that I find the Extrait after further testing always better and would like to own it - meeein Schaaatz!

There are some who think the Extrait is "superfluous" --> as far as the price is concerned, I can more than understand that ;-) But once you have compared the two 1:1, you have to admit that the Extrait has much more to offer than the EDP! I hope not to be stoned to death with this statement ;-)

Maybe you could say that the EDP is more suitable for those who don't like it so loud and the extrait for those who like to have something more massive around them :) Phew, stones just flew past me ;-P
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10
Walking on Broken Glass!
Don't worry, flacons of this juice are not cursed to shatter and I also not so clumsy (not yet). The text line

"You were the sweetest thing that I ever knew
But I don't care for sugar, honey, if I can't have you..."

and the mention of glass inspired me this time for the prelude and as chance would have it, also the associated album "Diva", which forms the anchor for me to illuminate this material from all sides.

Why a diva? Btw. when I think about divas, I always have to think about a certain song title by Kettcar: "As long as the fat woman is still singing, the opera is not over! In times like these, politically incorrect,
but if you recall vocal calibers like Montserrat Caballé, it's not so far-fetched.

Under the zodiac sign, BR540 is a polarizing diva. Too chemical, too sweet, too... please use it yourself. For me, this fragrance is one of the few fragrances that convey to me, through the intention of its creator, that fragrances can be more than a commodity. In the sense that perfumes skilfully represent a theme. There is a difference whether someone chokes flowers, bottles them and wants to bring them to a woman/man as the still life of a flower vase or, as here, creates a scent for the anniversary of a crystal dynasty and after the exclusive period
revived.

And now we are on the subject of glass. Glass/crystal has no inherent odour. And transparency will not be conveyed with a wheelbarrow full of incense or a pyre of vanilla. It's helpful that the perfume itself is clear. But what natural ingredients could be used to simulate glass? After a longer pause for thought, I came across water, but you have to find somebody who will leaf through the nominal price for water.

So it was clear to me relatively quickly that nature would not be able to judge it here, but that synthetic materials would have to be used. And this in such a way that fragility and transparency seem plausible. And from my point of view, the perfumer was very successful in doing that, even in the event that the paths of my nose and this fragrance should separate. For the realization of a fragrance theme there is no evaluation here and I do not incorporate it into the fragrance.

But I need the diva for another aspect. Dealing with perfumes containing Isomaltol and Ambroxan has shown me several times how easily the result separates again. This may be due to flacons which have not been used for a longer period of time, where the sugar enhancer "settles" and is the first to be spat out as a particularly high-calorie flush, on the other hand, after spraying into pocket sprayers, the last drops from this second container come along as cleaning agents. (gave a statement about the EdP, if the memory doesn't deceive me)

If you want to do something good for yourself, don't inhale the first stroke and not the last. The "middle beam" must direct it, as occasionally with a doctor.

The Diva BR540 has other fun character traits. If you apply the scent in excess and apply it near your nose, you won't be able to smell it very quickly yourself. The ingredients are predestined for nasal adaptation.

Over the past months I have also tested the EdP and compared both fragrances directly with each other. The shelf life should not become the core argument for choosing one or the other fragrance. The projection of the two scents, on the other hand, very much so. The Extrait is much easier to wear than the EdP without deliberately spraying its environment into a coma. Who would like more power for less money is well advised with the EdP and should not disturb my circles if possible. On textile both hold like bad luck.

I don't give much on pyramids. The only difference in the fragrance image itself is actually an almond tone in the prelude, which also softly leathery in Erscheidung occurs, if one does not fix oneself too much on the read. For me, saffron and jasmine are string results, they do not appear clearly enough to be discovered plausibly in the fragrance salad. Thus also very to my joy nothing indolisches is active.

The masterfully aromatic body of the Extrait, like that of the EdP, is formed by a fir drowned almost beyond recognition in fruity and woody tones (friends of the forest are wrong here). And this scent is kept constant. Extremely linear after almond extraction. Also this bow seems to have been successfully stretched by MFK, because glass/crystal smells very keenly and constantly after nothing.
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10
Fascinatingly unique!
Every time I was in a perfumery that had Baccarat Rouge there, I had to spray this fragrance on myself. He really fascinates me a lot, although, or maybe because I can't put into words what he smells like. For me, individual scents are absolutely intangible. All I can say for sure is that I can't smell the scents listed. Saffron, bitter almond and ambergris? Nope.
So I thought I'd take a look at what you perfumers have to say about Baccarat Rouge, where a lot of you are often nailed to the head with your fragrance descriptions. But the statements and comments here did not bring the great enlightenment either. So I should probably resign myself to the fact that Baccarat Rouge are one of those scents that you can't really describe - there should be.
Nevertheless I would like to share my fragrance "description" with you, it can't hurt. Well, let's try it.
Baccarat Rouge smells a bit like cotton candy, a bit like fireplace, a bit like baby cat, a bit like hyacinth and a bit like salt. Yes, all at once.
I also feel the hospital vibes, which are sometimes to be read. Maybe it's because I had to sell some organs for this perfume, you don't know.
The Sillage is strong, the durability outstanding. Too much is this fragrance still never.
A crowdpleaser is Baccarat Rouge but certainly not. From "Mega Parfum!" to "Hm, somehow boring." to "Üääh, that smells like a filthy plaster you've left on a wound for too long." So far there have been all kinds of reactions. Well.

Lexa 115 days ago
Sweet bitter almonds,2 jasmine petals that barely say a word,a dash of salty amber. Very simple,yet the most addictive fragrance.+1
SamuelGustav 21 months ago
Hopefully a different fragrance. If not, what's the point? Oh... look at that shiny new bottle!+3

by EssAli