Baccarat Rouge 540 2017 Extrait de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 17 in Unisex Perfume
Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Egyptian jasminum grandiflorumEgyptian jasminum grandiflorum
SaffronSaffron
Moroccan bitter almondMoroccan bitter almond
CedarwoodCedarwood
MuskMusk
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.09.2021.

Jusch1995
A ruby jewel as the magnum opus of a great artist
What more can one actually say about this fragrance? A legend in a ruby red, almost mystical guise. A fragrance that has inspired and influenced so many other fragrances like no other before it. Longevity and sillage are out of this world. Anyone interested in niche perfumes will not pass this masterpiece.

Francis Kurkdjian proves once again that perfumes can go much further than olfactory pleasure, in that he creates a fragrance that is as innovative as it is unique and inspiring as few have been before him.
This is perfumery as an art form, transcending the senses, loud and impressive, and to everyone's amazement, hardly polarizing.

A masterpiece that is incomparable in its kind. There are now many imitators, but nothing comes close to the original.

PS: I am definitely on Team Extrait in the Extrait - Parfums debate, as I find this even more rounded and successful
Naneno
From initial confusion to the very great love
Actually, I am a silent reader (shame on me), I have never published a review here.
But really, I HAVE to write something about this fragrance now. So a development I have personally never gone through with a fragrance.

Because of the hype and also because of the many partly disturbing reviews (hospital as a perfume? Who finds such a thing good?) I just had to know what it's actually about. So I ordered myself two fillings, the Eau de Parfum and the Extrait de Parfum. The excitement was so great, like a little kid I ran to the mailbox every day to see if they were there yet. I wanted to smell it uuunbedingt, this fragrance that everyone is talking about.

There it was at last, THE envelope. Ripped it open, tested it, and what can I say ... completely distraught! What is it? What is supposed to be so special about this fragrance? I found it almost terrible and at the same time so unimpressive, barely perceptible, but what I could perceive, I just did not like. I found it masculine, but not beautifully masculine. For me at least not wearable at all. It also felt like it evaporated within minutes. Why is this something that smells like almost nothing, which disappears within minutes anyway, so expensive? Is there something wrong with my nose? Sprayed again, same result. Tried my luck for a few days and relegated the samples to the corner. This is not for me. Incidentally, it went me with both samples so.

Then recently I have sorted out my whole fillings times (that was bitterly necessary) and sniffed at the one or other sample again. There I also found the Baccarat. "Oh, the one that smells like nothing at all" I thought and had to laugh inside. Nevertheless, I have put the Extrait de Parfum in the series of fragrances that I wanted to test again before they are finally allowed to go away, because "does not go at all".

Well, one morning not long thought and sprayed him - off to the office. Smells yes anyway no one, I thought to myself. On this day, however, it was different. Again and again he was there, this special, not to explain, beautiful, addictive scent. Really addictive! You know when you take an extra deep breath because you like the scent so much? :D I could suddenly perceive it well from morning to night, like a fine cloud around me, but a pleasant cloud, not a headache cloud. The scent that faded so quickly before was now more present than most scents I usually wear. Baccarat made me feel so wonderful that day. I was enchanted and I am every time I wear it. I feel more confident right away because it is just so special to me. It's not masculine at all, it's definitely unisex because of the sweetness. Why I didn't smell this before, I can't explain. I'm not good at analyzing top, heart and base notes, all I can say is that I gave the scent a second chance and was not disappointed. For me it is warm, sweet-spicy, beguiling, something very special.

By now my bottling is almost empty, I wore it for days and didn't pay attention to any other scent. Now I understand why so many people love him. One thing is for sure, he moves in with me. The main thing is that no one tells my husband the price.
Top but... but flop
At the risk that now half the forum goes through the roof, but this is my objective and also partly subjective opinion what follows.

Well, I'm doing it around - how uncool.

To the fragrance:

Extraordinary he is already, but the hype I can no more understand here than with Creed or F-ing Fabulous.

The fragrance I had as a tester in 2ml filling to my Back to Black get and thus tested. I found him top, but not really lasting. The weak sillage was known from tube videos, but thought to myself, well a perfume, also makes an oxidation process through after it has already come into contact with the air, so I would have to get me the original and new.
No sooner said than done, I found the 200ml under 500€uronen at a perfumery where I have often ordered, and thus also struck.

Arrived, I was not happy as Bolle, made it on and a splash immediately on the wrist.

2 hours later, I could already perceive him but rather weak. 4 hours later and he was gone, and that should not be with an EDP, it is because it is a Trudie Sport or so, but is also another price range.

I understand that the scent is exceptional, I agree with you, also tried it again after two days where it was cooler outside, same thing. Then again two days later right after showering - "Same procedure as last time?" - Same procedure as every time :(

Thus, I must say, either I got an extremely old batch, have not yet had time to check it, or the scent just does not like my skin.

SO I'm sorry to say, and I repeat myself, this is just my objective opinion now, the scent is exceptional in every way.

Exceptionally good fragrance, exceptional the bottle and packaging, but also exceptionally bad the shelf life.

Thus, it is for me again a fragrance where it is extremely hyped, but nix really can...

Gentle greetings and continue to sniff nice.
Velamint
But yes, but no, but yes, but no
It is to go crazy with this fragrance. I have now for the third time a filling here.
The first wandered after one-time testing immediately in the souk, I thought I hit the blow! Sweet I like yes, but what was that?
This diffuse clinical, what one perceives, the other again not, hit me full on the stomach.
I had associations of gym mustiness from deepest GDR times, polyclinic and smells of plastic/elastic treated with some chemical softener. Never again!

Then I got as an addition to a souk months later again a small filling of the fragrance, and somehow I thought to myself, what the heck - a gift horse you do not look in the mouth. Two sprays on it, smelled it briefly and immediately recognized it again, but this time with much less suspicion and "disgust". Something has the, but what?
Later, my girlfriend came over and immediately said that it smells wonderful here. I held out my arm to her and she was blown away.
My objections whether the clinical or chemical associations could not confirm you.
I found myself sniffing my arm over and over again.
Yes, there's something about it, but WHAT??

I ran out of the sample and now it so happened that I ordered a new bottling. Because this fragrance does not want to go damn out of my head.

It's not the holy grail for me, as it is for many others, but it's also not horrible or nausea-inducing by any means.
This scent is born ambivalence, at least for me. I love it and hate it at the same time. Doesn't make sense? I can't help it. :)

One thing the fragrance is definitely not, meaningless and boring. He is special and he stays in the head and in the nose.
Durability is, as almost always from this house, phenomenal.

Whether I will ever buy a bottle I do not know, but it will certainly find from time to time a new bottling the way to me
Raffatja
That's what love smells like, right there!
Salve.

Please don't take offense to this short prose, it's my very first review. Thank you. Alons-y...

Baccarat Rouge, a myth, a name associated with Maison Francis Kurkdjian. A real pound. And, what is behind it? Quite simply, this fragrance is a breath of love, of beauty, grace and a little bit of voluptuousness.

More elaborately, Baccarat Rouge 540 smells like a lot of things, and yet I can't put my finger on the individual notes. Of course, I'm neither a self-proclaimed scent expert nor a less murderous Jean-Babtiste Grenouille, but I do usually manage scattered analyses of individual components. Not so with this breathed climax of all sensual impressions. So if you're looking for real details or impactful verbiage, please read elsewhere. Otherwise:

The scent

What I want to tell you is that this fragrance smells simply heavenly. He is m.E. absolutely unisex suitable, but unfolds its true soul most likely to an expressive, self-confident woman (woman, not girl. Sic!). From a man's point of view, of course, a man who would like to completely lick his fiancée at any time and on the spot, if she wears this, his favorite scent. Others may like to see that differently, they can't get to her anyway. I just love the way she smells when she wears Baccarat Rouge. I love that I can still smell her scent in the bathroom many hours later, and I love being able to smell her even before I see her. Of course, this is primarily love per se, and not Monsieur Kurkdjian, but let me assure you, after 15 years of marriage, an olfactory emotion booster is a plus not unwelcome and not to be underestimated!
Its features

Durability? Projection? You want numbers? A million, Satisfied? Not? Well then, the extrait de parfum lasts forever. On the skin, at least on her skin, it lasts easily 10 hours, and on clothes, it feels indefinite. I have yet to smell a more potent perfume. The progression is rather linear, you don't experience a scent journey, no surprises, what's the point? I want to smell exactly what I get to smell, and that's fine. The Eau de Parfum seems to me, pardon the pun, a touch stronger to project, but less long lasting.

The variants and the price

The Eau de Parfum is already great, but the Extrait is even better. Finer, even more durable, maybe a little less sillage, but it's still loosely enough to, depending on the wind and weather, stand out in a meter or two around you, to conquer hearts or to cause nasal displeasure, depending on your concerns. The price is steep, admittedly, but a Naxos or a Carlisle also cost a lot of money, and yet are unquestionably worth it. If the price is too high for you, it is highly recommended to buy some bottlings here in the souk. There are really many great people here on board, who will gladly sell you the pure love filled in atomizers at moderate prices. Among other things.

Conclusion

Because that's what Baccarat Rouge is to me: love. Sure, grace, gracefulness, beauty, ... all true, all applicable, and yet all these words are just stirrup holders for the truly great, just: Love. If love could be preserved in oil and alcohol, bottled and applied as needed, Baccarat Rouge, Extrait de Parfum would probably be on the label. Is it synthetic, sweet yet floral, an expensive hype juice, blah blah blah... yes, it is all that, or at least it may be to some. I couldn't care less though. Love it of hate it, fair enough, but if you're more inclined to love it, get a sample, a bottling, a duplicate if need be, but get your own impression. Please!

On that note, enough flattery. Have a good time and always smell good,

Raffa

*BR540*
Baccarat Rouge 540 entstand aus der Begegnung zwischen Maison Francis Kurkdjian und Baccarat anlässlich des 250-jährigen Bestehens des ikonischen Kristallhauses und ist ein einzigartiger orientalischer Blumenduft.
Das Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait verstärkt die Kraft und Ausstrahlung der bernstein-holzig-blumigen Aura des Duftes.In dieser erhabenen Version eines charakteristischen Duftes treten Jasminblüten und holziger Moschus in eine Alchemie der Sinne ein. Eine Fülle und Verschmelzung der Elemente, die nur durch die Kunst des Parfümeurs und die bewährte Weisheit gezähmt werden können."
Difficult, more difficult, Baccarat Rouge 540
I'm honestly not sure if my review is enlightening in any way. But maybe it's still others like me?

Some time ago, a sample of the extract was a fragrance mail (actually, I had the fragrance zero on the screen, accordingly stepmotherly I have treated him). Quickly sprayed, felt for too masculine, passed on to my friend (real beneficiary, the good. Gets everything that could be halfway unisex ;-))

The has then actually worn it - the first time at about 25 degrees outside temperature. My associations were again quite masculine: spicy, cedar and a touch of aftershave. But everything somehow loose and airy, I have gladly stood in the fragrance cloud and sniffed. I think I also detected a very slight hint of orange - but that may be due to the association with Eau des Merveilles, which I have with Baccarat throughout. This "fresh - cedar - orangey" is also dominant in this Hermes for me. So after looking again out of curiosity (and actually being most surprised when I identified the sample as a Kurkdjian), I had to do some research right away. Only to actually read in black and white:

"The fragrance is sweet-floral"
Huh?

I don't think it's ever actually happened to me that I've perceived a fragrance COMPLETELY differently than it's been categorized here. And now that I'm "pre-loaded" and can't judge as freely as I did before, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to categorize Baccarat Rouge. Yes, it gets sweeter after a while - but I wouldn't describe it as sweet. And who knows if I'm just smelling it because I "should" be smelling it? Human cognition can do a lot of things, I'm not even an expert on that. Saffron - a spice, I smell spice - the culprit? I don't know.
Frankly, this scent confuses me through and through. Mainly because many seem to perceive something that is hidden from me....
I like it, honestly. That slightly medicinal note (I can go with that!) is kind of addictive and I wasn't familiar with it that way, but this bottle is a bit of an alien to me.
Who and what is it, where does it come from and are you friend or foe?
Narimaaa
Saffron? I knew only from the kitchen
The hype around this fragrance is justified.
Saffron, almonds, musk?
Sounds like a sweet dream from 1000 and one night and he is also.
Rarely has a fragrance made me so excited, fascinated and happy at the same time. Alone the opening and the incredible Sillga of this work of art, it is worth to indulge in at least one sample. Money often plays a role in life. Here I make an exception! This experience and discovery was and is priceless to me. A fragrance that will haunt me all my life!
Extrait always sounds aggressive and penetrating and yes exactly that brings this wonderful fragrance. But it's ok, ok to flood the rooms with it, ok to touch people with it and above all ok to wear the BR540 extrait self-confident!!!
PennyPearl
to be continued/ The emergency landing was successful
After I have tested Baccarat Rouge EDP (with many mixed feelings and absonderlichen Aossoziaten plus absolute Verriss on the part of my friend),
i now came to test the Extrait, and I must agree with those who find the Extrait but better than the EDP.
Unfortunately, I found the EDP in the course of time not great, usually confirms and confirms a judgment about a fragrance only more, the more I test it; the 1st impression is then often right, I notice only more facets of the fragrance- with which I can arrange myself and want or not.
Short version as I (and my friend) perceived the EDP, something more embellished:
a holiday trip on a plane, the warm smell of the airplane ventilation;
Emergency landing in an industrial area, where the passengers come across an old disused factory, right on the shore of the stormy ocean, salty sea spray and seaweed flowing around their feet.
Sour sweets were once made in this factory, the smell of burnt sugar still hangs between the walls, and many a mischief is rumored to have occurred there;
missing people in the village around the factory, traces of blood in the corners, some locals claim to have seen there. The well-heeled 1st class passengers, replete with gold jewelry, look around the raked factory in irritation and overwhelm.

The Extrait lets the same DNA recognize, but the "airplane note" (masculine rubber) I perceive here no longer at all, instead immediately airy citrus tinged sweetness (lemon cotton candy),
it is also much more lovely, dense and feminine.
The for me partly annoying oceanic saltiness and the sour note seem almost completely gone with the Extrait.
The burnt sugariness of the EDP I do not perceive in the Extrait, the Extrait seems "brighter" and softer / more pleasing to me.
For this, the Extrait is less distinctive.
The EDP seemed to me, the more often I tested it, more and more masculine, which per se is not objectionable, women must and should not wear only sweet vanilla scents to feel "feminine", but I imagined with the EDP increasingly an elegant man in an expensive suit.
On the sweater smelled the EDP still days afterwards very nice, on the skin, however, remained overnight a salty-gummy fug that I could no longer associate with "beautiful, noble perfume", instead, I was then slightly nauseous in the morning from it; a bit of a feeling like in the slamming sun in the musty car to drive winding serpentines (people with motion sickness probably know what feeling I mean).
Only too gladly I would have found the EDP like many others simply sweet-elegant-toll, I smell but too much else out that has nothing to do with "sweet" and "wow".

Definitely I would tend to the Extrait, yet but do not get into enthusiastic rapture that I must have the Extrait UNBEDINGINGLY; what is not, may yet become ;)

A little jewel
Dear Francis Kurkdjian,
I will never thank you enough for creating this little jewel. I only have some samples of this but I'll preserve them like a small treasure. The first time I tried this I thought "this is paradise" and my mum loves it too, she says it's a fragrance very appropriate for me. It reminds me a lot of a Pasta di mandorle (typical pastry made with almond) I ate in Sicily, so it gives me good memories.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Hint of creamy almond, but basically identical scent to the EDP. Dense, heavy version of the EDP's light airiness. I prefer the EDP.
VivienneKVivienneK 4 months ago
A thicker, more syrupy and on me - less medicinal version of the EDP. I prefer this one as it seems to have more "integrity", so to speak.
StaticStatic 5 months ago
This one stays in my closet till summer holiday in France, one of the best out there but overhypped like Dior Bois D’argent. Nostalgique
LasagneLasagne 5 months ago
Probably the finest saffron centered perfume I have sampled. I dislike the note, but this is nicely done, a bit bitter and a tad sweet.
ScentwitchScentwitch 9 months ago
This fragrance smells like a beautiful woman on a private plane dressed in diamonds and for heading to her private island.
BarbalixBarbalix 10 months ago
3.5
For me this is the most over hyped fragrance on the World. It lasts 40 minutes on my skin, I gave so many chances but never ever worked...
CoolrunnerCoolrunner 12 months ago
Bitter almond and sherbet making beautiful marzipan. Linear but awesome, in category of GOAT-s. Aweson longevity and sillage. Masterpiece!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
I am totally nose blind with this perfume. I have tried on me and already tried on my wife ... and i smell nothing unless the saffron.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Original and precious smell, sweet but elegant and even opulent. The issue for me is the performance. It is no bad but worse than exoected.
SergioTSergioT 2 years ago
One of the best ever made. Classy, sweet, aethereal yet present. A safron and ambergris woody blend perfectly done. A scent for the ages.

Vielen, vielen lieben Dank für Eure feurigen Kommentare!❤️ Ich freue mich sehr darüber!! :-)) Ich wünsche Euch einen tollen Wochenstart, alles liebe aus Wien!!
by LaVioletta
Fresh21/ Foto Challenge
by Rosie88
MFK Flakons sind für mich schlichte Eleganz...
by Flanker
by Amadea70
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian