Baccarat Rouge 540 (2017)Extrait de Parfum

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Egyptian jasminum grandiflorum, Saffron, Moroccan bitter almond, Cedarwood, Woody musk, Ambergris

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.12.2019.

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Brauseufos for €300??? A royal fragrance awakens childhood memories
During my test series through the collection of fragrances from the MFK Fragrance Awardrobe for men, I was probably most excited about the Baccarat Rouge by far. On the one hand I was fascinated by the blood-red bottle in the colour of an absolutist royal coat, on the other hand the price was as decadent as the colouring. I would have to pay about 300€ for a whole bottle if I wanted to call it my own. As part of the Wardrobe samples, 11 millilitres had now migrated into my fragrance collection for test purposes, the balance of the account is breathing a sigh of relief.
Already at the first test with a tiny spray I felt like I was back in my earliest childhood memories. There are certain scents and tastes that I strongly associate with very early childhood experiences. Usually they are culinary experiences, which have settled directly in the rearmost frontal lobe of my long-term memory. Every time I enjoy these smells and tastes again today, childhood scenes flash before my inner eye. For example the smell of Fanta from the small green glass bottles with the bulbous dents, which could only be drunk on holiday, or the taste of Frigeo shower sticks, a traditional component of the sweets bags at the outdoor kiosk. I rediscovered the shower note, the tingling cult candy in Kenzo "Power". The top note of Baccarat Rouge ExDP bears a striking resemblance to another ingredient of the outdoor pool treats. Each of the confectionery blends also always contained some of the effervescent UFOs, consisting of a sweetish eating paper wrapper and a tingling, slightly tingling filling. These Brauseufos, once bitten into, were the ones that immediately appeared to me in front of my inner eye when BR 540 first poured into my nose.
After one or two minutes the fragrance becomes darker and warmer, the bright, tingling sweetness merges into a noble heart note. Undoubtedly a creation of great class such as quality - saffron has long been in the foreground of the fragrance for me. Overall, the fragrance remains very sweet, the woods create only little spice. The purple-red colour of the bottle matches the ingredient perfectly, BR540 looks royal and raised. This fragrance is not an everyday fragrance, it needs a suitable ambience, it needs a big appearance, it demands a tailor-made robe from the wearer. I'd even say he needs a wearer in a red evening gown! The unisex classification is justified, but I can imagine the scent better on a lady at least Ü30 than on men. His projection seems too sweet and tempting to me. The Brauseufo of the top note has matured into an exquisite delicacy. For a good 7-8 hours the scent remains, it becomes increasingly warmer and somewhat less sweet in the course.
Apart from the Downton-Abbey evening on the couch, I wouldn't know of any environment that would be royal enough to apply it. And it's too bad for me, because I'm not an Earl of Grantham who wears a luxurious fragrance with a tweed suit, but relax with a blanket, Earl Grey tea or a single malt and shortbread in front of the TV.
Therefore the BR540 will leave my collection after two tests, because I don't know any reason for it yet. In addition, I still feel too young for this "very classic" fragrance, which seems to have fallen out of time. From a time when wearing purple was still the privilege of the nobility and when the Earl put on a dinner tuxedo and a luxury scent and did not indulge in joggers and cuddle blankets of his favorite series.

Bye bye Darlin - you always meet twice in life
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

NEX5
quality is there but lacking performance...........
I do own both extract and edp both geniune, unfortunately on my skin edp last longer , and its better than extract, i like the extract only in the begining after that its gone with edp its the opposite, otherwise perfume is great most people like it even people who dont like perfumes at all. u can get compliments but some people might not like it they will complain it smells like a hospital........ its overpriced... better go with Edp .
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

La vie est belle
Since I smelled Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum and bought it in the end, it is much more likely that there is a God... On the other hand, I have to be careful that I don't get into unemployment, because I sniff my wrist for whole days and don't get to anything else anymore.
It's just perfect from the first moment to the last. It's stuck to me like a sow. Loosely up to 12 hours I spray something similar to the protagonist in the final scene of "Perfume"... Okay - nobody has undressed (yet).
But I'm waiting for it. It can't take much longer... ;-)
9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Signature scent? 2 important points speak against it
I got to know the EdP 2-3 years ago.
We got warm right away. A feel-good scent.
This cold sweet warmth, like a candy floss on a fair only without chemicals or conventional ingredients.
It had an impressive shelf life.

The Extrait de Parfum is the same, only with the difference that there is a WOW effect here.
An even bigger masterpiece than the weaker variant and one more from the house of Francis K., my no.1 Brand.

Unfortunately I can't smell the individual scents, as said for me it smells like a candyfloss, fair, Christmas market without mulled wine, pastries, spices and barbecue meat ( ok, vlt saffron ).

By the way, maybe somebody can tell me where you can buy or smell single scents?

Next we go....One of two reasons why BR540 doesn't make it to the top with me is that it simply doesn't smell masculine.
Admittedly, tendency is feminine, but since I have worn EdP myself, I can't imagine it with a woman.

The second reason is that he/she doesn't compliment me.
But this is not my fault, because I am a very open person and people are not afraid to talk to me openly.

At least if she/he should become a signature, then I would like my friends or work colleagues to find it positive.
Does that call for a desire to be in the spotlight what to do?
That's not my character, rather it's the perfume that's pretty high on my list and I also enjoy it when people feel comfortable in my presence.

Well, can you see either way, with me it's like this.

A must have related to a test is he/she in any case.

Flacon is pretty to look at as with the other MFKs, but the colour stands out again from the others.

Shelf life is a tenner.

Spray carefully, otherwise it will be too much.

The price is worth it.
As CorleoneL already wrote, so does EdP.
Thanks Francis
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

The King
For me, it's the best perfume in the world. And that's not (just) because I'm MFK Fanboy. An olfactory masterpiece - actually like any other fragrance in the house, I have both the Extrait and the EdP and I love them both. But the Extrait simply has something special in contrast to the EdP. Here you can smell the saffron even more clearly, which makes it a bit more spicy than the EdP.

Whether the surcharge is worth it should be decided by each individual. I think you are very well served with the EdP, and if you wait for the right moment, you get the 200ml at a very good price.

Contrary to the opinion that it is worn too much and nothing special anymore, I think that this is not the case. I haven't smelled him anywhere else but on me.

From me an absolute buy recommendation - in my opinion also Blind-buy-worthy.
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

The soft storm
With this "Rouge 540 Extrait" I learned that a name that would fit very well a model of any Ferrari car, and with the load that the title "Extrait" gives to the perfume, it can be regarded as a sweet fragrance, half intimate, half mild, half animalic, very sensual and almost edible. The evoked scents pass through almond candy, Alicante clod, milk caramels and pineapple barbecue, such is the richness of the aromas aroused.
The fragrance behavior is similar to a hurricane. It begins and evolves in a simple and almost ashamed way with a greedy almond and a saffron hesitant between showing some sweetness or revealing a more earthy and leathery mood. Starts as a simple suggestion but that makes us appreciate the aroma that our skin emanates over and over again. He or she who passes by us allways looks back, but looking through us as if only to search for the origin of this almost divine emanation. And then it grows, and grows, supported by lighter notes of jasmine and cedar, but above all, by a sumptuous surrounding ambergris that sticks to the skin and merges with it.
It is a unique perfume and bearing in mind its pungency, it is distinct even from the "regular" 540 EDP. Its longevity and sillage are somewhat above average, lasting close to 8~9 hours with more 6~8 feet top sillage, and almost three hours projection, with three sprays on the back of my hand.
In my closet, this bottle will be parked among those 9 or 10 bottles that I do not let anyone try, just look at.

Can it be considered a masterpiece? YES.
It is simply the best amber, saffron and ambergris I have ever experienced.

How does it handle with maths?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:........10,0
Scent Drydown:........9.5
Longevity:..................8.5
Sillage:........................8.5
Uniqueness:.............10.0
Wearability:...............8.5 (Spring + Winter days + Fall + Summer nights)
Versatility:.................9.0 (almost everywhere except gym)
Compliments:...........9.5 (my doughter does not like it)
Quality:......................9.5 (quality ingredients; excellent packaging and bottle sprayer)
Presentation:............9.0 (High standard but not the best)
Price:..........................4.0 (£300 ~ $425 for 70ml)
Overall rating: 8.72/10.0
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion:
Perfection at a price.
Recomemended?
No! Do try it before you buy it, if you want to risk paying such an high amount.

Music: Bob Dylan - "Hurricane"
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Rokinidzo
The King is in the castle!
I'm sure all of you have been caught. Back in school, you exchange ideas and talk loudly into the whole classroom, with your back to the teacher's table. Suddenly you hear the teacher's voice - short shock, everyone stops talking and turns towards the teacher - that's exactly the way it is with this scent, only you can replace the teacher with the king and the students with the rest (I know something derogatory) of the castle. From a bird's eye view, the situation remains the same. The Extrait marks the king from the beginning and you run towards the king - uhh stop, short shock, that was him, only after passing by you realize everything... The combination, saffron, jasmine, musk and amber - I don't need to say anything about the bottle. MAJESTETIC!
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

The 1:1 comparison
I buzzed around the scent for a long time, but never dared to test it... maybe it was the word "extrait"... boo! How dangerous *grins*

After reading the comments and statements about the Extrait here in the forum, I decided to get a sample of the Extrait and the EDP and compare it... (yeah... I like doing that)

EDP so left- and right-extrait sprayed:

In the prelude both are similar to each other to confuse... But with the Extrait I can smell significantly more saffron and with the EDP a juicy blood orange...

Already after short time the ways of the two separate... Compared to the Extrait, the EDP is of course a lot quieter and more restrained...

The EDP becomes creamy and blends perfectly with my skin. Like a soft orange veil of jasmine and saffron, wrapped in the finest ambergris... simply wonderful melting and stays all day long, even if only very close... A rather unsweet gold-orange sweetheart...
I am surprised that the EDP is so quiet compared to the Extrait! Is nevertheless an EDP!
Sillage I would give 7 of 10 points
Shelf life: one 7
Total score: a generous 8

The Extrait compared to the EDP already has a slightly louder voice... Loud but pleasant in sound!
The saffron and the bitter almond clearly set the tone here together... it reminds me a bit of roasted almonds from the fair... Not soo dolle sweet, but still a fine sweet :) A very pleasant sweetness, I think...
The jasmine is rather in the background at the beginning, but sometimes it flashes through slightly and gives the fragrance a slightly floral note... really great done... Ambergris also gets through from time to time, but not as clearly as with EDP.
Sillage: one 8
Shelf life: one 8
Total score: just past the 10 with a 9,5

Surprisingly I also found that I find the Extrait after further testing always better and would like to own it - meeein Schaaatz!

There are some who think the Extrait is "superfluous" --> as far as the price is concerned, I can more than understand that ;-) But once you have compared the two 1:1, you have to admit that the Extrait has much more to offer than the EDP! I hope not to be stoned to death with this statement ;-)

Maybe you could say that the EDP is more suitable for those who don't like it so loud and the extrait for those who like to have something more massive around them :) Phew, stones just flew past me ;-P
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

Walking on Broken Glass!
Don't worry, flacons of this juice are not cursed to shatter and I also not so clumsy (not yet). The text line

"You were the sweetest thing that I ever knew
But I don't care for sugar, honey, if I can't have you..."

and the mention of glass inspired me this time for the prelude and as chance would have it, also the associated album "Diva", which forms the anchor for me to illuminate this material from all sides.

Why a diva? Btw. when I think about divas, I always have to think about a certain song title by Kettcar: "As long as the fat woman is still singing, the opera is not over! In times like these, politically incorrect,
but if you recall vocal calibers like Montserrat Caballé, it's not so far-fetched.

Under the zodiac sign, BR540 is a polarizing diva. Too chemical, too sweet, too... please use it yourself. For me, this fragrance is one of the few fragrances that convey to me, through the intention of its creator, that fragrances can be more than a commodity. In the sense that perfumes skilfully represent a theme. There is a difference whether someone chokes flowers, bottles them and wants to bring them to a woman/man as the still life of a flower vase or, as here, creates a scent for the anniversary of a crystal dynasty and after the exclusive period
revived.

And now we are on the subject of glass. Glass/crystal has no inherent odour. And transparency will not be conveyed with a wheelbarrow full of incense or a pyre of vanilla. It's helpful that the perfume itself is clear. But what natural ingredients could be used to simulate glass? After a longer pause for thought, I came across water, but you have to find somebody who will leaf through the nominal price for water.

So it was clear to me relatively quickly that nature would not be able to judge it here, but that synthetic materials would have to be used. And this in such a way that fragility and transparency seem plausible. And from my point of view, the perfumer was very successful in doing that, even in the event that the paths of my nose and this fragrance should separate. For the realization of a fragrance theme there is no evaluation here and I do not incorporate it into the fragrance.

But I need the diva for another aspect. Dealing with perfumes containing Isomaltol and Ambroxan has shown me several times how easily the result separates again. This may be due to flacons which have not been used for a longer period of time, where the sugar enhancer "settles" and is the first to be spat out as a particularly high-calorie flush, on the other hand, after spraying into pocket sprayers, the last drops from this second container come along as cleaning agents. (gave a statement about the EdP, if the memory doesn't deceive me)

If you want to do something good for yourself, don't inhale the first stroke and not the last. The "middle beam" must direct it, as occasionally with a doctor.

The Diva BR540 has other fun character traits. If you apply the scent in excess and apply it near your nose, you won't be able to smell it very quickly yourself. The ingredients are predestined for nasal adaptation.

Over the past months I have also tested the EdP and compared both fragrances directly with each other. The shelf life should not become the core argument for choosing one or the other fragrance. The projection of the two scents, on the other hand, very much so. The Extrait is much easier to wear than the EdP without deliberately spraying its environment into a coma. Who would like more power for less money is well advised with the EdP and should not disturb my circles if possible. On textile both hold like bad luck.

I don't give much on pyramids. The only difference in the fragrance image itself is actually an almond tone in the prelude, which also softly leathery in Erscheidung occurs, if one does not fix oneself too much on the read. For me, saffron and jasmine are string results, they do not appear clearly enough to be discovered plausibly in the fragrance salad. Thus also very to my joy nothing indolisches is active.

The masterfully aromatic body of the Extrait, like that of the EdP, is formed by a fir drowned almost beyond recognition in fruity and woody tones (friends of the forest are wrong here). And this scent is kept constant. Extremely linear after almond extraction. Also this bow seems to have been successfully stretched by MFK, because glass/crystal smells very keenly and constantly after nothing.
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Fascinatingly unique!
Every time I was in a perfumery that had Baccarat Rouge there, I had to spray this fragrance on myself. He really fascinates me a lot, although, or maybe because I can't put into words what he smells like. For me, individual scents are absolutely intangible. All I can say for sure is that I can't smell the scents listed. Saffron, bitter almond and ambergris? Nope.
So I thought I'd take a look at what you perfumers have to say about Baccarat Rouge, where a lot of you are often nailed to the head with your fragrance descriptions. But the statements and comments here did not bring the great enlightenment either. So I should probably resign myself to the fact that Baccarat Rouge are one of those scents that you can't really describe - there should be.
Nevertheless I would like to share my fragrance "description" with you, it can't hurt. Well, let's try it.
Baccarat Rouge smells a bit like cotton candy, a bit like fireplace, a bit like baby cat, a bit like hyacinth and a bit like salt. Yes, all at once.
I also feel the hospital vibes, which are sometimes to be read. Maybe it's because I had to sell some organs for this perfume, you don't know.
The Sillage is strong, the durability outstanding. Too much is this fragrance still never.
A crowdpleaser is Baccarat Rouge but certainly not. From "Mega Parfum!" to "Hm, somehow boring." to "Üääh, that smells like a filthy plaster you've left on a wound for too long." So far there have been all kinds of reactions. Well.

Carlitos01 6 months ago
BR 540 Extrait grows from an initial bitter almond to a sumptuous surrounding ambergris that sticks to the skin and merges with it. Great!+5
FranknSense 6 months ago
An fine ambergris and exquisite bitter almond embroiderie. It's calm and soothing. Recommended at night with Pachelbel's Canon in D major.+3
GabrielCE 9 months ago
Soft but powerful
Intimidating but intimate
This can only be described as one of the best perfumes ever made
A masterpiece!+1
Pio 9 months ago
This has to be one of the best perfumes-if not the best- out there. Delicate yet astonishingly full-bodied and powerful.
Lexa 13 months ago
Sweet bitter almonds,2 jasmine petals that barely say a word,a dash of salty amber. Very simple,yet the most addictive fragrance.+1
SamuelGustav 2 years ago
Hopefully a different fragrance. If not, what's the point? Oh... look at that shiny new bottle!+3

Fresh21/ Foto Challenge
by EssAli
by EssAli
by CorleoneL
by CorleoneL

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian féminin Pluriel (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian