Gentle fluidity by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Gentle fluidity is a new perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Nutmeg, Coriander seed, Musk, Juniper berry, Woods, Vanilla

Submitted by Psotka, last update on 24.03.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10
Taurus1967
Terre Sauvage in musk mode with a hint of walnut
A Francis Kurkdjian must also adapt to market conditions or observe what is hot in the world of fragrances and, if necessary, let himself be brought to the man or woman, unless he wants to be regarded as an olfactory idealist without sales.

Probably with APOM, Lumiere pour Homme, Grand Soir, Oud Satin Mood and Absolue pour Soir he has brought his sheep into the dry, but the one or other success can't hurt.

And so Gentle fluidity (the one with the silver cap) offers a little familiar from other bestsellers, but with its own handwriting. At least from the start I feel extraordinarily strongly reminded of the fresh citric-woody note of Terre d´Hermès, paired with a light dash of Sauvage. And if I am not deceived, even a little Aventus is quoted.

It sparkles and sprays like a cannon but quickly calms down and glides gently into a light creamy mode with lots of musk and coriander seeds, which makes me think more of the carrot seed vibe like in Mark Birley for Men.

Yes, even the juniper berry finds enough space to present itself and forms with the woods an appealing basis for the melodious sound. Especially when a swab of vanilla is added a little later. All in all, this seems a bit nutty at the back, although officially there are only linear ones.

With the unconventional Gentle fluidity, Kurkdjian sets off on new paths without leaving his line, at least the creation fits the MFK cosmos and is guaranteed to find many friends. The first few minutes are really terrific, then it doesn't get quite as spectacular, but at least this eau de parfum gives you a good feeling - and that's what it's all about.
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10
RobGordon
Take two!? (from the silverback edition!)
From a recently read interview with F. Kurkdjian, I have good memories that he claimed to be a zero in marketing matters by himself. For this he would have a right hand, he writes, which in my view conjures in Martketing-Metier as he himself does with some of his recipes.

With a parallel release of two Flankers of themselves, who will cause mispurchases with their indirectly proportional upper and lower case letters, one confuses, so it seems, also those who sing the song "another Flanker" with every new release.

I read about layers in the run-up to both gentle waters. The Gold & Silver Fluid thing should be able to layer. As you know, you can layer anything, but nothing is written about how the result smells.
And first of all, I wouldn't do it. Too bad about the treasure in the silver lake.

To dupe Kurkdjian's Gentle-Goldmarie: "Spraying is silver, (ver)souken is gold!" Sometimes, behind Goldglanz simply hides a charred plastic vanilla that is poured out of tubs over a finished composition, like action artists do.

Under action art I would also locate the naming of the pyramid this time. Somehow someone in the house MFK lost a bet and had to dare to invent a pyramid, which has nothing to do with the smell. Ingredients snippets were taken stochastically from a hat.

Therefore I have for you today primarily a smell picture, which shows itself with the smell inspection each time anew. I see a snow-covered mountain top (representative of the clean parts) in spring, where green snow-free spots (fine spicy parts) show up. And in the first 10 minutes I also see a stopover with high-proof alcohol (with my own note), which I'm not used to with MFK fragrances.

It would also be a pity about every strip of paper. MFK's Silver-Surfer "Gentle fluidity" doesn't like paper. Fragrance course is delayed by hours and remains behind its possibilities. And you should also give the scent a good 10 minutes on the skin until it has sorted itself out. In this time often already 5 statements are written!

If I had to frame the scent in ingredients, the recipe would look like this:

A mountain full of beta-Damascenone (provides for green-spicy, floral, fruity facets with a range from currant to rose) Significantly more than is contained in Aventus. A hint of jasmine to underline the soft floral sweetness (between head and heart note a few discreet but still treacherous indollic waves blink through) and towards the base the composition is dunked in radiant half cream musk and gives wings with ambroxan.

From the test on the paper I can still contribute a drop of lemony which goes down on the skin in the alcohol mist. Also a treacherous stubborn scent of ISO-E-Super remains when the good substance has long evaporated.

No mountains will be moved here. It begins green-alcoholic, changes into green-floral-lovely-spicy-aromatic and ends with the grandiose heart note being let out of the air again and the remaining green-spicy falls into a sheet of musk.

Purely from the pyramid, that has to be mentioned, I would have expected a completely different scent. Something finely spicy woody maybe. But the perfumer has already caused a surprise and caught me at the left nostril.

Juniper waters, with any belt of kitchen spices that suffocate in artificial wood, are plentiful even in the niche. Chemistry is not a unique selling proposition of the "mainstream", which is always going to
Characterization of a fragrance. I can't discover anything generic with the best will in the world, and if "freshness" alone makes this impression, that's the way it should be. The mean thing is, Oriental themes also exist in the mainstream. Be it as it may, I haven't yet found a fragrance that works with directly comparable proportions on ingredients like this one, not even at MFK itself.

For a fragrance with little movement, I think the result is very successful. It would have been even better if I had frozen the heart note and saved it in the base, or had really gone the way of accentuated wood (preferably dusty or chipy). To my advantage the mentioned vanilla was at least not used in my bottling (probably everything for the golden bottles went on!)

Conclusion: A wonderfully round, easy to wear green body, which appears through subtly used variety and is thus a pleasant companion for him and her in the warmer season. His performance also makes him a reliable companion and I gladly accept the chemistry used for this. But I do have one point of criticism. There was a moment when my nose communicates with me, all well and good, but now I need recovery. "Effortlessly clean," is my euphemism for this. And this aspect I do not want to remain guilty despite my praise for this fragrance.

An especially opulent filling "Gentle fluidity" was provided to me by @Flanker. Thank you!

Continued follows...
Hello everyone,
i've been a silent reader here for quite a while now and I have to say you have created a great community/platform here. Since I discovered you I have spent soooooo many hours browsing and reading your partly exaggerated (in a positive sense) comments.
The creativity of some users here is simply impressive!

P.S. My first commi.

For a few days now I've been thinking again about what fragrance could be added next to my (still) small and modest collection.
Since spring is just around the corner, I have put some "fresh" fragrances on my watchlist, which will now be tested bit by bit, such as Bigarade Concentrée, Bergamote 22, Nio, Uden and XJ 1861 by Xerjoff, and a few creeds.
There I was now today in the Breuningerland Stuttgart and was allowed to let off steam a little bit, and/or have me at my said watch list made. Today Silver Mountain Water, Virgin Island Water and Millesime Imperial were in focus, which had to be tested on paper to get a small picture.
That should be it for today, too.
But then while slowly leaving the perfume department I stopped briefly in front of the MFK showcase, and just wanted to see what they have all from Mr. MFK, there came the next moment already a very nice saleswoman to me and asked if I needed help... I told her briefly that at the moment I am still undecided which "fresh" smell I want to get next, with the view of Amyris, because I knew that he should also go in such a "fresh" direction. She said immediately after: Here, I got this new and told something about gin and fresh... and in the same train, she sprayed it on my paper. I have to admit, Gf has done me the favor today. This cool and woody fresh has somehow drawn me directly into her spell. Hardly sweet, maybe. Minimal. Very masculine. For the short sniffing unit on paper I found it very good, but I would like to have tested it more extensively on my skin before I decide on a bottle. If the course does not drift too much and the H+S MFK have character... then a bottle will most probably be granted for the coming warm seasons.

Oh no, I'm not a fragrance expert or I'm (still) finding it difficult to filter out the individual components, and I'll never write such great stories as the one or the other here... but I am a passionate perfume wearer and very happy to learn about the components of filtering, especially since the registration here and the resulting entry into the niche world :) .

I save the evaluation until the skin test was carried out at least 2 times...

And I'm sorry that the fragrance itself has been neglected!

LG
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10
The Mainstream of the Special
The silver gentleman fluidity is partly synthetic mainstream, one hears and reads. Not exactly a seal of quality for a niche fragrance of this price range and origin. So what's to think? A little excursion for entertainment in between: I had ordered both GF on the net as paid fillings for testing. The golden one was perceived as very beautiful, but for me not really fitting, because too clearly feminine. The silver edition was important to me, and there I experienced a surprise: powdery, fresh, slightly woody, the bottling came along, that didn't fit the golden sister and the fragrance pyramid at all. Nevertheless, I was impressed and expressed this in a (meanwhile deleted) statement. But I got suspicious, the simultaneous test with universalis forte brought too many parallels, so I wrote the online shop again and got a new filling sent. And it became clear that they had actually made a mistake. So much for that.
And now what about the synthetic mainstream? The mainstream is already a bit accurate. However, I would choose the property pleasingly without any negative emphasis. Pleasing, but special: That's the core of Gentle fluidity for me. The described woody freshness is strongly present right at the beginning. That may cry out as artificial whoever wants. I find the freshness very noble and spicy and not cheap at all because of its clear woody and less aquatic impact. A pleasantly spicy fruitiness follows - I suspect from the juniper berry - and finally for Kurkdjian a very moderate vanilla sweetness. The woody freshness is always present. It is interesting that others perceived the scent of me as green-fresh. Interesting because I do not experience GF silver green with myself at all.
Durability and sillage are - as so often with Kurkdjian - very neat, but without being too pushy.
After only one and a half days in possession I have already received more than a handful of spontaneous positive feedback on Gentle fluidity.
Likeable and special at the same time - it could be, that Gentle fluidity in my (internal) highscore list could move on a medal rank!
9.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10
The Fluidity of the Fragrance Genres
In fact, Maison Francis Kurkdjian is known for relatively linear, transparent fragrances that are kept simple rather than relying on many fragrances. I would have expected the same basic concept with Gentle fluidity and gentle Fluidity (an unfavorable naming and spelling, I think) - but with a different weighting of the individual notes. The silver variant was conceived as the fresher and more stereotypical male of both. Due to the classification of the fragrance types I became curious and since the first statements speak mainly of aquatic shower gel notes and spicy fresh orientation, I had my expectations...

Basically I can say that these categories are not wrong, but here they are combined much less harmoniously than Francis Kurkdjian had expected. At the beginning Gentle fluidity still looks quite nice, because immediately an aromatic freshness reveals itself, which is characterized in particular by the juniper berry. Unfortunately I perceive the coriander note as rather soapy and besides a discreetly fruity component it's above all the shallow, generic 'woods' (the perfumer doesn't even bother to give more concrete/imaginative details) and the MFK-typical musk which produce a rather unbalanced mixture. The aquatic side of the fragrance, if I am not mistaken, is characterized by dihydromyrcenol, which is contained in the classics Cool Water, Green Irish Tweed and Acqua di Giò, and therefore also comes a little green, herbaceous. However, I would not speak here of a decidedly aquatic perfume. In my opinion, a real sweetness can only be guessed at, but is sufficient to round off the chaotic overall picture. The indicated vanilla does not appear in my perception fortunately at all, but a slight bitterness, which probably originates from nutmeg and woods.

What remains is a potpourri of different genres that doesn't convince me. In the shower gel category I can also take a cheap fragrance like Versaces Dylan Blue, because there I get at least what I expected and can't complain about the price-performance ratio either. Better aromatic, woody creations can be found just as easily. Gentle fluidity loses its freshness over time and thus also one of its few plus points.
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10
Flanker
MFK new release without Jasmin!
MFK launches a fragrance without jasmine and/or orange blossom? That makes you curious!

The opening is quite aquatic-fresh and probably very pleasing for most European noses, because it is an almost familiar and positive opening. For the partly overused perfume nose, patterns may creep in during testing. It can happen that one is so biased that the thought of Sauvage or even Invictus is strikingly sketched in one's mind's eye, whereby their EDT prelude is clearly more dominant with synthetic kangaroo cojones.

The start of Gentle Fluidity remains more pleasing and natural. Although I do not assume that Kurkdjian's goal was to sketch a gentle sea breeze. Here we are still moving in a clearly synthetic, but well done, environment.

On a test strip at this point the development should have almost arrived at its goal and therefore the request: Test on living object (please no animals or infants).

The freshness fades with time, which is the case with almost all MFKs for my feeling. I think I can guess Muscat in the meantime and woods can also play a role, but I think they are still on a more abstract level.

Together with the prelude and the herbli (I was reminded of vervain in the meantime), a male scent emerges for my nostrils, which could be a little too quiet and/or special for the broad masses and is much too suitable for everyday use for niche lovers. The projection is good, but doesn't knock you out of your socks (luckily).

The bottom line is a down-to-earth, good fragrance with a signature character and slightly synthetic features. I wouldn't want to wear it to sports. Due to its development and moderate projection it even goes well with the suit.

If you want a very special, loud, extravagant scent, you can save time and money.
Would you like to limit your fragrance collection to a few pieces and look for a fragrance that is suitable for everyday use with its own character? Test recommendation!
Have you already had enough of MFK fragrances? Test recommendation! There is no orange blossom or jasmine in here ;-)

Have fun & greetings,
Flanker

Ja, er schwebt tatsächlich...
by Flanker