Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 13 in Unisex Perfume
Grand Soir is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin Siam
Base Notes Base NotesBrazilian tonka bean, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.11.2020.

RedVanilla
Cinnamon stars in amber sky!
My signature fragrance and my absolute number 1 for different reasons. I am, was and probably always will be an absolute fan of sweet scents. But especially in this extreme fragrance range, balanced perfumes are hard to find. Here, most of the fragrances in the dessert direction are more in the direction of chemical mace and chewing gum sweetness. Grand Soir shows that it can be done differently. Here the otherwise very heavy and diabetic unsuitable fragrance components tonka bean, vanilla, benzoin from amber with its earthy scent, are nicely kept in check and restrained. Of course there is still a sweetness, but as if someone had just baked cinnamon stars and put them in the window to cool them down
And we've already come to the hard facts. Once sprayed on, you can not only enjoy this fragrance alone, but also the near and far surroundings are generously integrated. Grand Soir does not take prisoners here and spreads out extensively. One actually floats the whole day in a cinnamon vanilla cloud and I have absolutely no pity for my surroundings here. My fellow men have to go through that. A silage in the same league as the Extrait of Baccarat Rouge 540 and beyond that the scent lasts for 12 - 16 hours and that even with only 2 careful sprays
Conclusion: I actually only don't wear the fragrance in summer, otherwise I would only attract the bees. On all other days of the year I like to go to Grand Soir. For me it's a constant and the right choice during the day and in the evening. My recommendation for all foodies and cookie fans.

Warm spicy mood fragrance
I have a decant that I have tried over a few days. It has a very warm touch if amber, honey like sweetness with moody benzoin joining in all throughout the wear. The scent reminds me of well dressed(a fully suited gentleman) man/woman ready for a big night event-I think it will be worn gorgeously on certain population, but I don’t think it is for me. My husband doesn’t like this scent and he says it reminds him of an old lady’s musk...
Great attraction
FINALLY! A deviation from my standard collection dry / woody / spicy, in which I accidentally placed myself.

We had the pleasure to take home some samples from Neiman's and it is FANTASTIC! This attraction.

It is warm, sweet (but not sweetish, and I don't really like sweet, but this is different). The amber / vanilla / tonka gives it a really rich and soothing dark sweetness that doesn't overwhelm at all, the benzoin gives it This smoky / frankincense atmosphere that warms up even more and rounds off the fragrance, and the labdanum gives it a dry / woody / spicy look. This combination is simply incredible. For me it has many of the same qualities as Au Coer Du Desert from Tauer .... Grand Soir, however, seems to me to be more portable and versatile.

That's prize worthy of me! This is a day that should be recorded in history, as this is far from my general woody / spicy / dry scents that I am obsessed with.

I am really beginning to like the MFK fragrance line.
Cozy Warm Wanille ...
sorry for the stupid alliteration in the headline. I guess I'm still foggy and in love from "Big night"... Had expected a sweetish, heavy scent and was then positively surprised. Sweet? Yes, definitely, but 0.0 unpleasant. Heavy? I don't feel it at all. And then there's this fantastic vanilla that envelops the amber and makes it glow. The Sillage is incredibly good and after a few minutes on the skin it smells so delicious, slightly gourmand already. I am really blown away. I only had one bottling before and it didn't seem to have been stored too well, otherwise I can't explain the differences.

Awesome and at a price that is still affordable. I can recommend it to anyone who wants to buy it. Now, after 6 hours on the skin, it is still warm and the compliments, in these 6 hours, speak for themselves. At this point in time definitely among my top 5 winter and date fragrances (cuddle date) ;)
Warm and inviting
MFK Grand Soir has promised me directly at the first test. A super warm and pleasant scent which is sweet and resinous due to its combination of amber and vanilla. Great for cooler days, especially in the evening The durability is incredibly strong on my skin and I also find the Sillage top.
If you are looking for a nice scent for the evening you should try it :)
Big Dipper
Love at first sight? (I like the English first sniff better)
That's what happened at Grand Soir.

A fragrance must trigger emotions, otherwise it will become boring too quickly and eventually wander into the corner of the perfume cabinet. When I inhaled Grand Soir for the first time, a smile spread across my face. It was like a warm hug. The scent is like a cashmere scarf that lies around your shoulder, like a blanket on a cold winter's evening.
I love vanilla. Here it is fantastic in combination with benzoin and amber! The fragrance is quite linear, but the warmth it exudes accompanies you until the end. Bravo, Kurkdjian! For me so far the best of his creations!
The big circus
Yeah, I know, "grand soir" means "big night." I prefer to translate it as "Big Circus" anyway. Doesn't really go with the smoothness of the scent. I think it's the spawn of gentleness. Perfection. Without a single corner or edge.

Bezoe, amber, vanilla, tonka. In the course of the fragrance becomes minimally "vanilla". A changeability or a progression is otherwise not really noticeable. But I don't mind that at all.

This fragrance is so warm, so harmonious. Evening with the extended family on the sofa by the fireplace. Lonely candlelight dinner on the private beach in the Maldives. Winter holiday on a sun bed in the spa of the chalet. Something like that.

This fragrance is for me the epitome of a warm harmony.

There's nothing more to say. This scent is not complex. It's simple. And simplicity is the highest form of perfection here. Cheers
Delicate harmony
Admittedly, the fragrance didn't have it easy with me, as I had high expectations especially with this label and the great reviews.
The fragrance is beautiful, very round, warm, harmonious, to snuggle up. Tonka and vanilla caress you, I basically love tonka and vanilla scents, "but"! "The big night"? The big night? no, not at all. All fans, please don't be angry with me, the scent is very nice, no question about it But the name couldn't have been more unsuitable for me. The noble water is clearly too weak on my chest, but that's what he wants to do, I think, to flatter discreetly. For a nice evening in front of the fireplace or in a cozy bar, at a business meeting, just the right thing, on a big evening, rather fading.
The fragrance develops really well, so that you learn to love its refinement, but for me the fragrance simply fades away too quickly in its strength and potency. A really beautiful and incredibly harmonious fragrance with me a little too little strength.
DarkWinterCS
Sweet and sticky temptation for the big evening
My search for a follow-up fragrance for my Oud Wood is entering a new round. Since I don't want to close my mind and like to test a wide spectrum, I don't stop at sweeter scents. Also this scent was suggested to me in the forum to my request, to go more in the direction of amber. Since I have recently become an amber lover and would like to be well-positioned in this field, I kill two birds with one stone.

I already liked the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)" by Maison Francis Kurkdjian and so I naturally hoped to find a similarly good and high-quality fragrance. In any case, Grand Soir has a very impressive composition. As soon as I opened the sample letter, I was met by a powerful surge that reminded me of honey and vanilla, as a little of the golden juice must have escaped when filling the page. Here the Labdanum seems to have let off some steam. So that evening I sniffed at the pocket atomizer from time to time to make myself curious about the test.

I would like to say straight away that the result did not disappoint me and I have the feeling that the fragrance currently justifies the price a little better than the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)".

The fragrance has an enormous presence right in the first minute after spraying, because it "sticks" one in your face with your flat hand left and right. Sticking is already the motto at the beginning, because the amber-labdanum-combination is resinous-honey and attaches a medium sweetness. I have already experienced much sweeter starts and I am not dissatisfied with the Grand Soir.
In a short time the fragrance changes so much that it becomes much more pleasant and wearable for noses that do not like to smell gourmands. In the case of the Grand Soir, this means that the sweetness flattens out a bit and the fragrance pays some attention to the other ingredients. Away from labdanum and amber, towards benzoin, vanilla and tonka. It is precisely the gossamer and soft vanilla that then shows its best side and conveys a very round accord that is quite pleasant and wearable. After this chord there is also no further development, which I am glad about, because for me personally this point is the most beautiful of the progression.

Although the fragrance means "big evening", I would argue that it can also be worn outside of big evenings. Surely it is not a fragrance for the summer, although I am usually painless with something like this, but it can certainly be worn well below 15 degrees. I can already imagine it well at occasions in the party area or at a fancy dinner, as it has already developed so far when arriving at the location that it is not considered as disturbing.

A good durability is given with such fragrances in most cases. As it is well concentrated, I do not hear any volatile substances after the usual wearing time of 8 hours. It is more likely that the whole composition gradually fades over time. I would also like to positively emphasize the Sillage. In the first hour it already wraps you in a small cloud, which I also found extremely pleasant. After that it goes a similar way as the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)" and holds back a little bit. From time to time he flashes up to convey the still existing presence to his environment.

In conclusion, I cannot hide my slight enthusiasm. He already has some really great traits in him, which I like very much. At the moment there is also a certain need on my part, that I would like to add a fragrance to the collection, which shows an unsweet or slightly sweet vanilla in the drydown. This is already very close to the one on my car, but I would like to test the "Spiritueuse Double Vanilla" as an alternative and then make a decision.

Ambery perfume
The first time that i sprayed this on my skin i knew that i already had smelt this before. After thinking a lot of this i could remember so i went yo my wardrobe and... That its! This is very close to obsession by Calvin Klein! Appart from this, the smell is very nice, It is sweet with very good quality ingredients in It.

The performance is good so It worths the price IMO. I think this is more a winter/fall fragance but i think It could be nice also for summer and spring nights.

Scent: 8.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 8
Originality: 6
Global: 8.5

SteffGSteffG 1 month ago
This perfume smells like the dry down of all my favourite vanilla/amber fragrances. It is such a sophisticated and elegant scent. Love it!!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 month ago
Thick ,warm, sweet , delicate, cuddly . it is masterfully done and very well balanced.
BielwenassBielwenass 2 months ago
Got a honey-like quality and an aromatic touch to it. Unfortunately, it's too sweet.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 months ago
Initially bright spicy-earthy, this rather dry Oriental Mid season fragrance settles to a soft sweet resinous-woody base. Sadly lacks depth.
ItchynoseItchynose 4 months ago
Fizzy, slightly sweet and very medicinal benzoin that unfortunately reminds me of fluorinated mouthwashes and the dentist's chair.
CatarinaCatarina 7 months ago
Balmy and ambery perfume with a seductive vanilla foreground. It is one of the most alluring perfumes I have experienced!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 8 months ago
Very good amber based fragance. Similar to obsession by Calvin Klein but with better quality ingredients. Performance is good.
PioPio 2 years ago
A very delicate scent, blended to perfection. Wonderful.
ToreterToreter 2 years ago
Suede amber, that lingers on 4eva but dont project. Is like walking with a velvet halo surrounding you very close to skin. Warm & comfort
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
One of the most beautiful scents I've ever put my nose on!

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Scottie
................. guten  R u t s c h !!  ;)) ...............
by Anarlan
by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by Narcoperfume
by Narcoperfume
Le Grand Boar! während viele andere gern kollektiv br540 für des francis masterpiece halten dürfen - bade ich doch lieber ausgiebig in diesem hier! SOIR EY! ;)
by Felsn
by Lexa
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian