Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 12 in Unisex Perfume
Grand Soir is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin Siam
Base Notes Base NotesBrazilian tonka bean, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 06.03.2021.

Hmmm..
...now I must necessarily give here also once my 'mustard' to it. (Mustard? I have not written now?)
With me it was love on the maybe 334th sniffer. And I can also explain it. Certainly not as flowery as most here (there I am unfortunately rather the rational type) but I try hard.
Surely five years ago I ordered a bottling. I love niche fragrances. And also warm and vanilla. The first impression disappointed me. I smelled cocoa plus tangerine. The scent reminded me of one I had almost forgotten: Il Profvmo Cocoa. I had treated myself to this even longer ago at an inappropriate time (namely summer) and also applied it to a barbecue. I found this one too masculine on me. Similar to how I also feel perfumes going in the oud direction. Just too 'dark'. I washed Grand Soir off. For the time being end of the story.
Much later, I discovered Baccarat Rouge for myself. To put it better, my very favorite employee at my local perfumery did it for me. I must admit that this encounter (with BR) had made a lasting impression on me. I never thought until that moment that a fragrance could surprise me and make me so happy. If a perfumer works so creatively, there must be much more to his work. Grand Soir was already out of the question. I was thrilled by Apom. And Petit Martin. Both scents that I perceive as citrusy, buttermilky (Apom), creamy and yellow (Petit Martin) at the same time. I am thrilled by the progression. The two actually make me happy.
Hmmm (on topic)..should I give Grand Soir..as a counterpart, so to speak, another chance? I did. I sprayed it on and headed off to work. After about an hour, a feeling of happiness set in again. (Was it the long ago barbecue??) Suddenly I saw it with different eyes (or smelled a different nose) It's evolving. Wow. Warm. Sweet. Amber. As one of the previous writers had suggested: towards Obsession. I love it when I smell Obsession on fellow humans. Now you can't compare the two 100% but I think it clearly goes in that direction. Not cocoa or tangerine. A cozy and spicy vanilla. Well...and cuddling is known to trigger happy hormones. Maybe that's the secret. Conclusion: this one is moving in with me. And I'm glad that he will accompany me this summer day and night ..or vlt but rather night (during the day but Apom). :-)
Gourmand feel-good fragrance
Now it has also found its way into my home. After I praised the mighty Oud Satin Mood by MFK to the skies, I can do the same for Grand Soir. But differently. Grand Soir doesn't have that punch, is quieter, but still has good sillage and longevity for me. I can't understand the reviews that criticize this very thing. If you love warm perceptible vanilla scents, you have to try Grand Soir. It could pass for a designer fragrance in terms of pleasantness for me, but seems more sophisticated and complex. I don't think the name Grand Soir is well chosen, OSM is more appealing. But that doesn't detract from Grand Soir, sometimes it's the subtle nuances that please and don't "overpower". Grand Soir is one of the fragrances, which I can wear for weeks and enjoy it again and again.
I perceive less progression in the fragrance pyramid, although the fragrance becomes warmer after about 2 hours. Tonka bean and vanilla are very present to me, amber I can not judge, because I do not know how amber smells. I find that the fragrance has its charm in every season, although I would actually use it more in the evening in summer.
In conclusion, Grand Soir has captured my heart. I've tried almost all of MFK's fragrances and can't do anything at all with many of them. However, Grand Soir (and of course Oud Satin Mood :)) makes an exception. I think it hits the zeitgeist and shows its strengths especially now in times of home offices and seclusion. It doesn't need to play to the fore and is still present, flattering. Although I don't appreciate gendered attributes in fragrances, Grand Soir embodies a unisex scent according to conventional expectations, as I imagine it. It is sweet, soft and at the same time strong and deep
Cuddly, Comfortable, Warm
I struggled to find an opinion on this fragrance. He came to me as a sample thanks to the Souk and @KiviLii. Thank you again for this opportunity at this point. I was super excited about this fragrance based on the fragrance pyramid and the good reviews. Here now my conclusion after a few test runs:

+ warm delicious cuddly scent, exactly my Beuteschema
+ nice sweet vanilla note, tonka bean also well done
+ high quality
+ notes great blended

- Durability maximum 7-8 hours
- very close to the skin from the beginning, hardly any sillage
- very linear
- therefore quite expensive

Would I buy it? No. Would be too expensive for me.
Is it worth the hype? In my opinion, not, because there are many fragrances that are also cozy warm and go in this direction, but at the same time last longer or are less skin or even cheaper.

In principle, it is a great fragrance for the fall and winter, perhaps still for cool spring days. I see him, however, rather at the "Grand Soir" at home snuggled up than when going out, although he would be good for that too. It's a quietly pleasant scent that doesn't clash anywhere, so it's definitely fine for the office. I intuitively see it more on women because of the sweetness. I find the resinousness rather very enigmatic.
If the performance on my skin were better, he would certainly have moved in with me, because the fragrance is really nice.
It took a long time...
until this beautiful fragrance has made it into my collection. Also, I did not want to write a comment yet, because I was very undecided. I think my first test with a small filling is already over 3 years ago, which you can see roughly on the date of my statement. It is a very high quality fragrance but also quite difficult to use. Who knows me here knows that I am a huge MFK fan. I would call it my favourite niche brand. Even if these beautiful 70ml (sometimes 200ml) flacons are not cheap you just get top quality. The nice thing I find is that they are actually never top note blenders but mostly stay as they are. From this brand I have smelled nothing that has not appealed to me.

Grand Soir is a superstar here on Parfumo. 12. Ranked in unisex fragrances, 8.5 with over 1000 reviews, close to 1000 owners, almost 300 statements. Grandiose. With so much praise, it must be something. It may not suit all tastes/styles, but if you want a fragrance that is well received and yet not boring: get it! (especially if this is times in the discount).
In my first tests was not so interesting for me. Not because I did not like him, but the great purchase desire remained out. Somehow it also reminded me of YSL Opium Homme, without really being fragrance twin.
But Grand Soir is just a safe bank. This beautiful golden color goes great with this fragrance. Also this beautiful bottle with this golden lid show: This is really noble. I bought it at Douglas at a 20% promotion. Is still not cheap, but for that you get a noble companion. Grand Soir captivates with a noble cozy-cuddly aura. In uncomfortable weather you feel well wrapped and radiates warmth. A fragrance that is classy, but also doesn't overwhelm with huge pyramid. This fragrance is entered above as a sweet-resinous scent. Also in the statements it is often described as mega sweet. I find, however, that the fragrance is very spicy and resinous on a sweet background. If you smell it closely and concentrate, you will notice this strong sweetness. In the air, it is clearly spicier in my opinion. In the foreground, of course: benzoin. A great noble resin note. Also the labdanum and the amber are well perceptible. Pleasant spice and harmoniously designed with sensual accents. Also the base with vanilla and tonka fit perfectly in this creation. This resinous-spicy-sweet creation simply harmonizes and will find few enemies. However, you can also smell the price, as high-quality fragrances are used here.
The performance is also world class. Well over 10 hours with good sillage. Definitely one of the best performances. But MFK always focuses on good durability. All in my collection hold a minimum of 8 hours.
The only problem is that this Grand Soir is not versatile. It is most likely an evening fragrance in the colder months. Also in the spare time he could come well. But one thing has to be said: it smells really VERY classy, and in many situations you might feel overdressed (especially casual types). In general, though, you can wear this in everyday life. Even though there is no Everybody's Darling when it comes to fragrances: This one is close.

For me, a great fragrance with which you can do little wrong. If you wear it in everyday life: dose sparingly.
Grande durability
On Wednesday, my fragrance mail arrived with, among other things, the MFK - Grand Soir (thank you again).
Unpacked and for the home office day then directly times Grand Soir applied. The thought was: "Should he be too intense, I disturb here at home yes no one". The first impression was somewhat mixed, but we know that this can still change in the course. So it's already very present, sweet and very clearly these notes of incense resin. It actually fits quite well in the current, cold season. It radiates a certain warmth, even at -6 degrees Celsius. Maybe a good scent for the Christmas market. There it fits in well - because of the smoked resins and so. In the end, the really delicious tonka bean and vanilla remains. And it stays and stays and stays.
Here's an example: applied on Wednesday. Wednesday night, it was still there. Woke up Thursday morning and thought "yikes, but that's times ne durability". So under the shower, fresh clothes, and office fragrance applied. And, what I still smell the whole day? Grand Soir.
So "Grand" it is times really but unfortunately it does not fit so really to me
I can't resist a Francis Kurkdjian gourmand
Wow so many nice comments I no longer rankomme among other things because I'm lazy and have eaten too much ._. Therefore, I make it short:

This noble sweetness makes not only me weak but also my palate. Every time I wear it, I have soooo a fat Bock on pasta with caramelized garlic and roasted Wahlnüsse over it some Parmesan hmmmmm.... And usually I indulge myself then also ;D

So much for the topic of great evening^^ To go to bed I wear the also. Simply a beautiful fragrance, which I would like to pay homage for a lifetime.

Is it someone so similar?

Greetings your JuJU -U-
Toemsken
Every freakin' night and every freakin' day I wanna freak you baby In every freakin' way
After I got my bottlings of MFK and Widian today (thanks to the great users who sold them to me), I immediately sprayed all on strips and tested extensively, all wonderful scents, but Grand Soir was the one that stood out and did it to me, seductive, warm, sweet and yet intrusive and strong, this is a fragrance for an alpha who wants to stand out or even for a quiet, deep water which wants to express itself through such a fragrance, whether male or female. Absolutely wearable, perfect for dates or to go out in the cold.

The notes and the course are exactly as indicated here in the pyramid, I find him in the heart and base note the most beautiful, in the base note unfolds the vanilla what makes him so seductively sexy, the Siam Benzole is strongest in the middle, but remains and we weakened in the course, it gives him this beautiful, hard, masculine note.
I will definitely buy it, for me it's a must-have, some fragrances will have to make room for it, which is nice since my collection is too big for me and I want to get rid of a couple of designers anyway.

The quality is right here and I think the price is fair considering the market.

It becomes a unisex fragrance because of its special tough note. I would like to recommend it to you, if you like vanilla and sweetness, you will definitely like it.

Love to you

Love at second sniff
Just like the title says, I fell in love with Grand Soir by MFK at second sniff. & with in love I mean really in love, because it took after the arrival of my filling no 3 days until I ordered the bottle.

Let's start with the first sniff. It arrived my beautiful fragrance mail & I quite excitedly unwrapped the sample. The color of the fragrance alone looked promising.- amber & warm. Beautiful! After one spray on my wrist, I was directly "hit" by a heavy cloud. I was disappointed & thought to myself "this probably won't be my fragrance". So I quickly put the bottling aside. As the day went on, I could perceive a cloud of the scent again and again, very intensely without consciously moving my nose to my arm. And the more time passed, the more pleasant and beautiful the scent developed. It became warmer and warmer and more vanilla. I found myself drawn to it more and more. All of a sudden I couldn't stop smelling my arm, I was in love. In love with this beautiful scent. "The Grand Entrance." You absolutely cannot over spray this fragrance, in my opinion. Less is more here.

The next day it was clear that I will wear this fragrance. One spray, more I did not dare to put on for the time being & I could perceive him all the time clearly. Accordingly, H+S clearly 10/10! On the same day I got a visit from my parents & my mom immediately noticed the fragrance and consequently collected my first compliment. I sprayed the scent on her & she also fell in love. The fragrance also drew my mom under its spell.

Today, the bottle of MFK I ordered arrived & it's doing beautifully on my shelf. I am so proud to own it now too & add to my collection of MFK. I am in love! Absolute recommendation to test this fragrance once.
Smoetn
Madame Soir and her story of the truly great evening
Madame Soir had been very nervous all day. Today was finally the day, her big performance, her long-awaited career highlight as an opera singer. Everything was meticulously prepared for her performance in the best opera house in Paris. Since the early hours of the morning, Madame Soir had spent her time getting her hair done, seeing her make-up artist and trying on the perfect dress. In several marathon fittings, she had finally found her perfect dress, a long elegant orange evening gown that was cleverly cut out, yet showed neither too much nor too little. Classically elegant, yet young and modern. Everything fit, everything sat.

Now it was only 2 hours until the decisive moment, at which she would stand on stage and begin to deliver the performance of a lifetime. Many celebrity guests had signed up, including many state guests, including the President of the Republic and the who's who of high society in France. Everything was perfect, but still Madame Soir felt somehow uncomfortable, something was missing...

That was when her spouse, Monsieur Grand, joined her in the room. He held a small, orange vial in his hand and smiled knowingly. Without many words, Monsieur Grand put his arm around Madame Soir's waist and sprayed her with 2 puffs of fragrance from the elegant atomizer. Instantly, everything around her was enchanted, any burden, any discomfort had fallen from her and blown away. A pleasant warmth, a familiarity she had never felt before, spread through her. She felt just great, and the uneasy feeling of a few minutes ago had been replaced by a confidence and inner strength that made her believe she could conquer the world.

Together, the Grand Soir couple piled into the limo and drove to the Opéra national de Paris. Once there, a crowd of people awaited you at a red carpet, as you usually only know them from the Oscar award ceremony. But this one was a lot more elegant and exquisite. Hundreds of photographers had only one goal - to take the one photo of Madame Soir. As she extended her right leg out of the limousine, the flashbulbs began to glow as if it were broad daylight. A whir of voices rose up and it sent the crowd into pure excitement and ecstasy.

Only Madame Soir remained serene, as if she were not walking down a red carpet, but straight into her well-deserved vacation. She strode the carpet with an elegance as if she had done nothing else all her life. She couldn't help herself. As she floated down the red carpet, she felt no tension, no nervousness, not even the slightest hint of excitement. She was enjoying every moment. She was completely and utterly in the here and now. She stopped for a moment and turned back to the photographers. Then took a deep breath to inhale one more puff of her own aura, and then strode across the end of the red carpet and into the opera.

The last of the flashing lights went out and the murmur of the crowd outside the entrance quieted. Inside the opera, Madame Soir was now on stage, her big moment had arrived. There was a dead silence. The anticipation in the great hall was palpable. Madame Soir opened her mouth and set to the first note. She knew it would be a huge success. It would be a great evening!
TinkiB
The grand entrance. No - the greatest appearance!
Actually, I really didn't want to do any more blind buys. Actually. But at 25% discount, because you have to strike but, is FAST given and such a chance you will NEVER get again. Blah blah blah. Yeah yeah, the lies you tell yourself when you hit "buy" and enter the credit card details. I don't have many resolutions for 2021. 2021 has to prove to me first that it can be better than 2020. Easiest job ever - 2021 don't mess it up. That said, my resolution is to stop buying blindly from myself. Wish me luck. Spoiler Alert: Petit Matin is already on its way to me. One more time, just one more time blindly...My resolution doesn't count until 2021, after all ;) Oh man...

Well then off to Grand Soir. Honestly, I was disappointed when I first tested it. "That was it already?" At first GS was quite masculine for my nose, bouzy, vanilla...but now no wow moment either. Wore the scent all day and have to say, oddly enough, it wasn't particularly noticeable to me. Hence another spray on the skin - nothing. Double checked that I actually have an original - fine, it's not that. I found the scent good, only I smelled him just really very subtle. According to the reviews, I did not really understand. Probably a bad buy for the money & GS wasn't FAST gift after all, more like completely overpriced. I began to regret it.

Then yesterday I got Grand Soir out again. And eww...oh so here you are! The scent came at me with such force that I can't really place my first impression. Again, it started off quite masculine, but the scent quickly evolved into an absolute vanilla/amber dream on my skin. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist, even though I actually had the scent in my nose all the time. Sillage is top. Today, I still smell the scent incredibly strong on my skin. Long-lasting GS is therefore in addition. (so far 15 hrs)

Grand Soir is an addictive fragrance. With each whiff of the scent, I'm taken again and perplexed that I get to smell such a gigantic scent. Goosebumps - I love it. Even though I can smell GS more than well, I still bury my nose in the direct scent spot of my skin from time to time. Just don't want to "miss" anything ;) In my nose GS is not particularly sweet, somewhat spicy, definitely unisex, and has the perfect tonka, vanilla & benzoin notes. Would certainly love to smell the scent on any man. With GS you certainly always make the grand entrance. Whether woman, whether man & not only in Paris.

My verdict after the second test.

Grand Soir is at a 25% discount FAST given and such a chance you get NEVER again! ;)

MariaSMariaS 2 months ago
For me, this perfume is a must have for a man like baccarat rouge for a woman. It’s resinous ambery spicy, simple but elegant!
MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 2 months ago
The dry down is very similar to Elie Saab’s Le Parfum, an earlier Kurkdjian creation.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Grand Soir is an alluring amber scent. It's a balmy oriental, resinous, spicy, sweet, soft, woody and with a seductive vanilla.
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 3 months ago
Cinnamon heaven
SteffGSteffG 4 months ago
This perfume smells like the dry down of all my favourite vanilla/amber fragrances. It is such a sophisticated and elegant scent. Love it!!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 5 months ago
Thick ,warm, sweet , delicate, cuddly . it is masterfully done and very well balanced.
BielwenassBielwenass 5 months ago
Got a honey-like quality and an aromatic touch to it. Unfortunately, it's too sweet.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
Initially bright spicy-earthy, this rather dry Oriental Mid season fragrance settles to a soft sweet resinous-woody base. Sadly lacks depth.
ItchynoseItchynose 7 months ago
Fizzy, slightly sweet and very medicinal benzoin that unfortunately reminds me of fluorinated mouthwashes and the dentist's chair.
CatarinaCatarina 10 months ago
Balmy and ambery perfume with a seductive vanilla foreground. It is one of the most alluring perfumes I have experienced!

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Scottie
................. guten  R u t s c h !!  ;)) ...............
by Anarlan
by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by Narcoperfume
by Narcoperfume
Le Grand Boar! während viele andere gern kollektiv br540 für des francis masterpiece halten dürfen - bade ich doch lieber ausgiebig in diesem hier! SOIR EY! ;)
by Felsn
by Lexa
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian