Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 12 in Unisex Perfume
Grand Soir is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin Siam
Base Notes Base NotesBrazilian tonka bean, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.06.2021.

Grand Soir - a drama for old and young alike
Armed with my little "Grand Soir" bottling in hand, I waited for evening to come and the play to begin.
Since I have often read how heavy the smell is and that it is especially good for autumn and winter days, I actually managed to wait until 00:00.

1. Exposure: two half spritzes was enough to give me the feeling of pleasant burning warmth on my skin that slowly rises up my neck. It tingles and glows - in the positive sense - and I wonder with my almost 23 years which person would call this smell too strong?! - fascinating smell (5-10 minutes)

2. rising action: Grand Soir knocks me out and drowns me in its warmth as soon as I dare to sniff under my sweater. - Now I understand - This opening is driving me crazy, smothering me and pressing me against a hot wall. It smells briefly like being cooped up with the aunt who always bathes in her intense perfumes - in a small car that is far too warm. Uncertain look to my mom.... "Do you smell it that strong?"
"No I only smell a whiff here, it smells quite good!" (10-15 minutes)

3. Peripetia: I go out into the fresh, cooled air and let the smell pass through my nose there again. Slowly, I notice an enchanting change. The scent becomes softer and softer, the initially pungent note of labdanum becomes lighter and lighter and gradually the heart note pushes itself to the fore. You can't miss the vanilla now either. So that's it, deep breath - the Grand Soir. I feel enveloped and sheltered by this strange scent. Briefly closing my eyes - My memories play with me and I recall a night in Paris. In a good and above all relaxed mood, I sit at the end of the year in a café illuminated with fairy lights. The warm radiant heaters on the ceiling warm me without being too close. The blanket on my legs couldn't be cozier and the slight gust of wind that makes it under the half-screened outdoor area makes me take a deep breath. So here I sit - coffee in hand and a smile on my face - it's like time stands still and all worries are forgotten. Next to me sits my best friend and we have time for us for the first time in a long time and for deep but also funny conversations. I feel good and live in the here and now. Enjoy the darkness of the night and the busy but quiet streets of Paris.

4. retarding moment:
Security, warmth, infinitely cozy clothes - any evening could be like this. The cafe is slowly closing... Laughing we argue about who should pay the bill today and then gradually break up into the night. Tonka bean, vanilla and amber combined leave an unobtrusive yet recognizable smell on my place in the café. The people around us smile benevolently at us, bid us farewell with smiles and the world feels like everything is right. On our way we infect many with our light-hearted mood and our hearty laughter and if we didn't know better - you would think we are already slightly drunk. The lights on the streets show us the irresistible beauty of Paris. Far in the back we can already see the Christmas market and a glowing Ferris wheel. We both look at each other and know "we have to go there for graduation!" With a crepe in one hand and a mulled wine in the other, off we go onto the Ferris wheel. The freedom to perceive our bodies and surroundings with every sense. Harmony.

5. Resolution of the conflict:
Exhausted from all the laughing and running, I fall into my bed. My heart leaps and I am overjoyed to have had such a lovely evening. Gratitude. I smell again the place where I sprayed Grand Soir and I am satisfied. Once again I open the window - inhale the cold winter air and let the day pass in review, then I slip under my covers ready for bed. Never has a bed felt so cozy and fresh at the same time. The fireplace crackles quietly in the room and this morning's brewed tea has left a vanilla scent in the room even into the night. With endorphins in my body and tired eyes, I fall asleep and notice a loving hug the next morning. The scent actually still envelops me and reminds me of the previous evening.
I see it as a renewed invitation of the fragrance - on a journey I would never say no to.
Paris91
From the cold ointment to the amber dream
I didn't want to write a commi about GS, because there are already enough here. But what can I say? Heut has simply caught me...

Actually, he has me last year wrapped around the finger, but I had so my little problems with him. And honestly, I still have them. But only at the beginning!!

Grand Soir starts on my skin already very very balsamic, has a bit of an ointment to rub when you have a cold or muscle pain. Well, it is not quite so blatant, but almost. Labdanum and I are also not really best friends...

But then, after a few minutes BÄÄM! WOW! in your face!
GS evolves within a few minutes into one of the most beautiful scents you can wear in the cold season. Resinous, spicy to sweet and warming. It lulls me to sleep and won't go away even after hours. And it doesn't have to! He may spend the whole night with and on me.

Currently I am, despite the modest weather not so in the mood for my Wummser. Only now and then times to smell the lid is in. But just -as if out of nowhere- I got Grand Soir out of the closet and sprayed once in the air.

I'm sitting here now with little hearts in the eyes and look forward to it now, when I wear it again in the winter.

It is love ♥
PennyPearl
The fat beaver in the castle
I have to say up front that I was aware that I probably wouldn't find this one good or wearable, but I was just curious.

The opening is very heavy and tart, balsamic like an oil.
It makes me think of an old house with heavy antique wooden furniture, of a treasure chest in the attic full of dusty moth-eaten clothes and precious jewellery.
Masculine? My boyfriend probably wouldn't wear the scent, knowing him, he'd probably utter something like, "An overweight woman from 100 years ago, puffing her way up the stairs of her castle" and that's how it comes across to me.
I really have to think of a furry animal (a beaver lost in the castle and taking a nap on the noble carpet).

Gaaaaay omnipotent, eventually, he mellows out, for me he would still be too powerful, dark-hardy, and so he persists for a very long time.
I don't think I would like it on a man either.
Grand Soir is certainly well thought out and designed for the big night, elite and decadent, but for me it is too unwearable for the first few hours.
The tart, sticky note does then dissipate and the base becomes lighter, softer, gentler and beautiful with the tonka bean and amber, but how does one last (at least!) the first two hours, especially the women??

Certainly a fragrance that you have to test more often, but at the moment really one that takes my breath away; and not necessarily in the positive sense.
My favorite...
Was my first MFK fragrance and I have not regretted it.
I could get hold of a Falkon cheap and have dared the jump into the cold water.
The first spray had a very alcoholic smell, but it settled down pretty quickly.
As with very many perfumes, it takes time for the full scent to develop. I was & am still thrilled by this fragrance! A warm spicy scent, incredibly good and pleasant in cold air. I wore the fragrance the first day at work & could already experience the first compliments there. Even with a mask it was noticeable. One spray is quite enough for me. It lasts on clothes for several days, on my skin for over 10 hours. Incredibly great fragrance, it will not have been my last MFK fragrance!

Virginia93
I always wear it when I go to job interviews (hoping it brings me luck)
I'm so happy to have a 10ml decant of this, it was love at first spray :D It reminded me of the argan oil for hair from the brand Nashi, a smell that I've always tried to find in a perfume. This is so opulent that I feel like a princess from Middle-East when I wear it. 10/10
Sweety777
Masterpiece!!!! Simply Maestro Kurkdjian !!!
I fell in love with this scent after my first spray. It is warm, rich, dense, amber, spicy, slightly incense. The first day I wore this, I received several compliments. I own over 75 perfumes and this one gets the most compliments. It is not for the faint of heart and is strong and thick so do not over spray
A painting
I was once again in the Munich city center on the road to discover new fragrances. So I came into a large high-priced department store that leads a very large selection of niche brands and each has its own sales area.
So I stood in front of the MFK booth. The first fragrance I tried was Grand Soir, probably because I was attracted by this beautiful amber essence. After spraying it on for the first time, the scent fascinated me so much and surprised me so pleasantly that I couldn't analyze what I was smelling at first. I still have a few sprays put on without testing another fragrance and am first out into the cold evening.
It has snowed a little. And while strolling along with this wonderful fragrance in my nose, an image suddenly came to my mind that reflects my feeling for this Grand Soir: I'm looking across a snowy little park-like garden to a magnificent baroque town palace, from the 17th/18th century, where you look through large arched windows into the interior of an amber ballroom. Crystal chandeliers fill the hall with warming light. Inside, joyful and elegantly dressed ladies and gentlemen on the dance floor, and all around, people enjoying themselves who couldn't be happier.
An enchanting magical evening. Not loud, but Vivaldi and Bach; not snooty, but enjoyable.

I am accompanied by this painting of fragrance all the way home. It was a pleasantly sweet warmth which the tonka bean, vanilla and amber sprayed. This spiciness which one has after the first aufprühen becomes milder and milder with time and integrates so wonderfully to a total work of art.

I just think of a painting which would fit well to Grand Soir.

Vincent Van Gogh ''Café Terrace in the Evening''
Sometimes a scent projects an image or feeling that is hard to describe in words.

Palmbeach
Royally mixed vanilla with amber resin and labdanum from Spain and it's great
Top Notes Spanish labdanum
Heart Notes Benzoin Siam
Base Notes Brazilian tonka bean, Amber, Vanilla
It's an elegant scent. A fragrance suitable for wearing in autumn, winter and under the Christmas tree and in spring, or also when a cold evening comes in summer :). Perfume for a good mood. Vanilla and amber play a major role here. Amber is balsamic and resinous, sweet and spicy. Vanilla is beautifully sweet and complements the resin. It's masterfully blended, so simple ingredients and a beautiful result. Everything comes together beautifully, amber and labdanum are soft, spicy and distinctly resinous. Add a little incense and lots of benzoin, vanilla and resin and there's Grand Soir.
Everything is beautifully creamy. It has a long life and adequate projection. The perfume is unisex, suitable for both men and women. This perfume can be loved - it deserves it. Like MFK Oud Satin or Silk Mode. Thanks MFK.
Fireworks follow Club Mate
Alone the bottle of Grand Soir radiates pure opulence and with a rating of 8.5 and a (supposedly) good combinability with TdH, which is one of my absolute favorites, I had to allow myself of course a sample of the orange fragrance bomb.
At first smelling first astonishment: This should now be the insanely complex fragrance cauldron of which all rave here? At first sniff Grand Soir reminded me absurdly above all of one thing: Club Mate! Yes, I really do mean the soft drink. Sweet, slightly spicy and tartly resinous, and oddly enough, slightly refreshing, which is probably because I'm a big fan of the chilled beverage. But as a perfume? Well, I guess not then... I let the scent work for a bit and had actually already lost any appreciation intention to the fragrance. Too sweet and mate? Always like ice cold on the palate but not on the skin!
Then, however, after 30-45 min takes place why this fragrance probably meets the here quasi omnipresent enthusiasm: The for me very strange fragrance parallel in the prelude steps into the background and the fragrance finally comes with a presentation that is worthy of a "Grand Soir". Big-bodied, lush, heavy, deep and of an insane elegance (the tonka bean/amber combination I suppose). A true firework of olfactory impressions that want to be explored. Yet never overflowing (as long as you dose sparingly) but in quasi-controlled ecstasy. The "Jaw Drop" moment comes late but then right! This fragrance is truly impressive, but just not immediately as well as the big evening just only by the right program becomes great.
I therefore recommend the fragrance to test and really take your time just if you are not used to very complex fragrance combinations from the niche world yet. It is worth it! For me, a very clear fragrance for special occasions and a clear fragrance for the evening. Unless you go to work at least in a tuxedo or tailcoat ;)
Hmmm..
...now I must necessarily give here also once my 'mustard' to it. (Mustard? I have not written now?)
With me it was love on the maybe 334th sniffer. And I can also explain it. Certainly not as flowery as most here (there I am unfortunately rather the rational type) but I try hard.
Surely five years ago I ordered a bottling. I love niche fragrances. And also warm and vanilla. The first impression disappointed me. I smelled cocoa plus tangerine. The scent reminded me of one I had almost forgotten: Il Profvmo Cocoa. I had treated myself to this even longer ago at an inappropriate time (namely summer) and also applied it to a barbecue. I found this one too masculine on me. Similar to how I also feel perfumes going in the oud direction. Just too 'dark'. I washed Grand Soir off. For the time being end of the story.
Much later, I discovered Baccarat Rouge for myself. To put it better, my very favorite employee at my local perfumery did it for me. I must admit that this encounter (with BR) had made a lasting impression on me. I never thought until that moment that a fragrance could surprise me and make me so happy. If a perfumer works so creatively, there must be much more to his work. Grand Soir was already out of the question. I was thrilled by Apom. And Petit Martin. Both scents that I perceive as citrusy, buttermilky (Apom), creamy and yellow (Petit Martin) at the same time. I am thrilled by the progression. The two actually make me happy.
Hmmm (on topic)..should I give Grand Soir..as a counterpart, so to speak, another chance? I did. I sprayed it on and headed off to work. After about an hour, a feeling of happiness set in again. (Was it the long ago barbecue??) Suddenly I saw it with different eyes (or smelled a different nose) It's evolving. Wow. Warm. Sweet. Amber. As one of the previous writers had suggested: towards Obsession. I love it when I smell Obsession on fellow humans. Now you can't compare the two 100% but I think it clearly goes in that direction. Not cocoa or tangerine. A cozy and spicy vanilla. Well...and cuddling is known to trigger happy hormones. Maybe that's the secret. Conclusion: this one is moving in with me. And I'm glad that he will accompany me this summer day and night ..or vlt but rather night (during the day but Apom). :-)

VivienneKVivienneK 1 month ago
Rather heavy amber with noticeable patchouli in the background, sweet and rich. Can get cloying. Shines in the late - late drydown.
StaticStatic 1 month ago
One of the best blends out there. The Amber & the vanille (suede) are so in balance you’d feel heavenly-gourmand’ish. Very warm catchy !
TOPTOP 1 month ago
I like this scent, it is warm - I smell resin from it and in the end it will remain beautiful vanilla
PalmbeachPalmbeach 3 months ago
This perfume is very good - it's a gourmet delight
MariaSMariaS 5 months ago
For me, this perfume is a must have for a man like baccarat rouge for a woman. It’s resinous ambery spicy, simple but elegant!
MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 5 months ago
The dry down is very similar to Elie Saab’s Le Parfum, an earlier Kurkdjian creation.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Grand Soir is an alluring amber scent. It's a balmy oriental, resinous, spicy, sweet, soft, woody and with a seductive vanilla.
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 7 months ago
Cinnamon heaven
SteffGSteffG 8 months ago
This perfume smells like the dry down of all my favourite vanilla/amber fragrances. It is such a sophisticated and elegant scent. Love it!!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 8 months ago
Thick ,warm, sweet , delicate, cuddly . it is masterfully done and very well balanced.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Scottie
................. guten  R u t s c h !!  ;)) ...............
by Anarlan
by Kovex
by Kovex
by Narcoperfume
by Narcoperfume
Le Grand Boar! während viele andere gern kollektiv br540 für des francis masterpiece halten dürfen - bade ich doch lieber ausgiebig in diesem hier! SOIR EY! ;)
by Felsn
by Nadiiine
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian