Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 14 in Unisex Perfume
Grand Soir is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense)

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin Siam
Base Notes Base NotesBrazilian tonka bean, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.09.2020.

Warm and inviting
MFK Grand Soir has promised me directly at the first test. A super warm and pleasant scent which is sweet and resinous due to its combination of amber and vanilla. Great for cooler days, especially in the evening The durability is incredibly strong on my skin and I also find the Sillage top.
If you are looking for a nice scent for the evening you should try it :)
Big Dipper
Love at first sight? (I like the English first sniff better)
That's what happened at Grand Soir.

A fragrance must trigger emotions, otherwise it will become boring too quickly and eventually wander into the corner of the perfume cabinet. When I inhaled Grand Soir for the first time, a smile spread across my face. It was like a warm hug. The scent is like a cashmere scarf that lies around your shoulder, like a blanket on a cold winter's evening.
I love vanilla. Here it is fantastic in combination with benzoin and amber! The fragrance is quite linear, but the warmth it exudes accompanies you until the end. Bravo, Kurkdjian! For me so far the best of his creations!
The big circus
Yeah, I know, "grand soir" means "big night." I prefer to translate it as "Big Circus" anyway. Doesn't really go with the smoothness of the scent. I think it's the spawn of gentleness. Perfection. Without a single corner or edge.

Bezoe, amber, vanilla, tonka. In the course of the fragrance becomes minimally "vanilla". A changeability or a progression is otherwise not really noticeable. But I don't mind that at all.

This fragrance is so warm, so harmonious. Evening with the extended family on the sofa by the fireplace. Lonely candlelight dinner on the private beach in the Maldives. Winter holiday on a sun bed in the spa of the chalet. Something like that.

This fragrance is for me the epitome of a warm harmony.

There's nothing more to say. This scent is not complex. It's simple. And simplicity is the highest form of perfection here. Cheers
Delicate harmony
Admittedly, the fragrance didn't have it easy with me, as I had high expectations especially with this label and the great reviews.
The fragrance is beautiful, very round, warm, harmonious, to snuggle up. Tonka and vanilla caress you, I basically love tonka and vanilla scents, "but"! "The big night"? The big night? no, not at all. All fans, please don't be angry with me, the scent is very nice, no question about it But the name couldn't have been more unsuitable for me. The noble water is clearly too weak on my chest, but that's what he wants to do, I think, to flatter discreetly. For a nice evening in front of the fireplace or in a cozy bar, at a business meeting, just the right thing, on a big evening, rather fading.
The fragrance develops really well, so that you learn to love its refinement, but for me the fragrance simply fades away too quickly in its strength and potency. A really beautiful and incredibly harmonious fragrance with me a little too little strength.
DarkWinterCS
Sweet and sticky temptation for the big evening
My search for a follow-up fragrance for my Oud Wood is entering a new round. Since I don't want to close my mind and like to test a wide spectrum, I don't stop at sweeter scents. Also this scent was suggested to me in the forum to my request, to go more in the direction of amber. Since I have recently become an amber lover and would like to be well-positioned in this field, I kill two birds with one stone.

I already liked the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)" by Maison Francis Kurkdjian and so I naturally hoped to find a similarly good and high-quality fragrance. In any case, Grand Soir has a very impressive composition. As soon as I opened the sample letter, I was met by a powerful surge that reminded me of honey and vanilla, as a little of the golden juice must have escaped when filling the page. Here the Labdanum seems to have let off some steam. So that evening I sniffed at the pocket atomizer from time to time to make myself curious about the test.

I would like to say straight away that the result did not disappoint me and I have the feeling that the fragrance currently justifies the price a little better than the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)".

The fragrance has an enormous presence right in the first minute after spraying, because it "sticks" one in your face with your flat hand left and right. Sticking is already the motto at the beginning, because the amber-labdanum-combination is resinous-honey and attaches a medium sweetness. I have already experienced much sweeter starts and I am not dissatisfied with the Grand Soir.
In a short time the fragrance changes so much that it becomes much more pleasant and wearable for noses that do not like to smell gourmands. In the case of the Grand Soir, this means that the sweetness flattens out a bit and the fragrance pays some attention to the other ingredients. Away from labdanum and amber, towards benzoin, vanilla and tonka. It is precisely the gossamer and soft vanilla that then shows its best side and conveys a very round accord that is quite pleasant and wearable. After this chord there is also no further development, which I am glad about, because for me personally this point is the most beautiful of the progression.

Although the fragrance means "big evening", I would argue that it can also be worn outside of big evenings. Surely it is not a fragrance for the summer, although I am usually painless with something like this, but it can certainly be worn well below 15 degrees. I can already imagine it well at occasions in the party area or at a fancy dinner, as it has already developed so far when arriving at the location that it is not considered as disturbing.

A good durability is given with such fragrances in most cases. As it is well concentrated, I do not hear any volatile substances after the usual wearing time of 8 hours. It is more likely that the whole composition gradually fades over time. I would also like to positively emphasize the Sillage. In the first hour it already wraps you in a small cloud, which I also found extremely pleasant. After that it goes a similar way as the "Oud (Eau de Parfum)" and holds back a little bit. From time to time he flashes up to convey the still existing presence to his environment.

In conclusion, I cannot hide my slight enthusiasm. He already has some really great traits in him, which I like very much. At the moment there is also a certain need on my part, that I would like to add a fragrance to the collection, which shows an unsweet or slightly sweet vanilla in the drydown. This is already very close to the one on my car, but I would like to test the "Spiritueuse Double Vanilla" as an alternative and then make a decision.

Ambery perfume
The first time that i sprayed this on my skin i knew that i already had smelt this before. After thinking a lot of this i could remember so i went yo my wardrobe and... That its! This is very close to obsession by Calvin Klein! Appart from this, the smell is very nice, It is sweet with very good quality ingredients in It.

The performance is good so It worths the price IMO. I think this is more a winter/fall fragance but i think It could be nice also for summer and spring nights.

Scent: 8.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 8
Originality: 6
Global: 8.5
Fenice
Takes some getting used to
Grand Soir... another scent I've had on the screen for a while but never tested. Well, now I have finally tested it after I dared a blindbuy.

Scent:
The fragrance in the top note, at least for me, takes getting used to. I don't know exactly where it smells like but somehow it's quite strong and hard to describe. At some point the scent becomes more cinnamon and you can clearly smell the resinous (benzoin?), which remains present for quite some time. But personally I like the base note best, because then the vanilla becomes more and more obvious, which of course I like very much as a vanilla fan. After a few hours (6 hours or so) the scent becomes more and more vanilla and the other scents disappear more and more but a light resinous scent remains for the time being, which however disappears more and more with time and only the vanilla remains.

I can't say that I love the scent, but it's all right for me. If the fragrance would only consist of tonka bean, amber and vanilla, it would certainly be my new favourite, but because of the top and heart notes I have to pass on this. By the way: I find vanilla here just as great as at Parfums de Marly Layton, but for me Layton remains my favorite at the moment when it comes to vanilla, because I like Layton on the whole, except for the menthol note in the top note.

I can also understand that Grand Soir is more often described as annoying, I guess it's because of the top and heart notes, so I found the fragrance slightly annoying, but I didn't wash it off and only discovered the beautiful vanilla in it in the drydown. The comical top note and the cinnamon in the heart note are certainly not everyone's taste and therefore surely "annoying" for some people
Grand Soir is only suitable for cold and preferably freezing temperatures, in warmer temperatures it will be very annoying because of the very strong smell.

Nevertheless, I would recommend Grand Soir.
NiklasPDM93
A cool breeze on a warm summer evening
Grand Soir was another blind buy for me. Dressed by the excellent bottom line ratings here (8.5/10) and a very good price at a well-known online shop, I decided that Grand Soir should be my first fragrance from Francis Kurkdjan.

The presentation of this perfume radiates pure elegance for me. From the plain white box with the graceful golden writing, which serves for the storage of a 2nd smaller box in the inside, which then contains the bottle. The bottle is for me elegance pure and looks simply great and serves with me already partly as Dekoartikel.
For the entire presentation of this perfume I award 10 out of 10 points.

But now to the more important part, the fragrance, and here I don't want to talk so much about which notes and how much I warm them, but much more about the feeling that spreads inside me when I smell this fragrance
It reminds me of being out on a warm summer evening in beautiful weather. During the day it was very warm and I am glad that it is getting a bit cooler now and as I am enjoying the beautiful weather and the relaxed feeling of a well-deserved evening, a cool breeze of fresh air is blowing towards me which I take in with a deep breath Then this perfume smells for me, a pleasant cool breeze on a warm summer evening.
Duftiibus
I wouldn't have expected... sexy in Marrakech:)
It was one day in my perfume shop in Zurich...

It wasn't the most beautiful day (weather-wise) but thanks to a perfume it became super:)

I had put the focus on Amyris and Baccarat Rouge 540 but then the seller offered me a fragrance and I was blown away after the first sniff...

I haven't smelled such a beautiful vanilla/amber note for a long time:) spicy and I had to smell my arm all day long. Thanks to the different resins, which come sweetly, it lasts super long on the skin and smells for me really like a beautiful summer night in Marrakesh / Paris... A sexy perfume which lasts super long and with which one is ready for a wild night:)

The warmer the body the more you smell the spicy tonka bean ... dreamlike:) this fragrance comes into my collection :) try it out and let yourself be enchanted:)
DerDefcon
Everyone deserves a second chance ... or a third.
If you get to know a person for whom you feel more than just friendship, but at the same time your own emotional world is not yet clear because of certain, not quite so positive character traits, you think about it, talk to your closest friends and ask yourself over and over again whether this really is the person you want to be with, with whom you want to share your deepest secrets and with whom you would share many other things.
Of course, nobody's perfect. In addition to positive aspects, there are also always negative ones. It's human nature. But even if not everyone is perfect, everyone has his or her not too great character traits, in the end you have to ask yourself the question - quite pragmatically - whether you can and want to live with exactly these bad sides that are so individual for each person, whether you can accept them or not. Does the positive outweigh the negative or even vice versa? How to decide?

"Grand Soir" is no big love now, but "only" a perfume - what a "heretical" statement in this forum ;). If I tried for the first time, shortly after I got the hotly awaited bottling, to live through that "big evening", which is already some months ago, I was scared away, scared away, and also a little traumatized and as one talks with his closest friends about love, I would like to talk with you perfumes now about "Grand Soir", because there is really a need for speech.

It was warm, not yet this midsummer as we had it a few weeks ago, but it was warm - I estimate about 20 degrees. "Grand Soir" immediately grabbed my arm during our first encounter, tried to enchant me with a sweetheart who only looked like a superimposed one, because deep down inside I felt something that made me sink into my chair in disgust. The sweetness somehow felt wrong and artificial, sprayed by someone who only uses it to manipulate, to suck in. It seemed as if my "Grand Soir" with all its sweetness wanted to hide its corners and edges, its negative sides or its weaknesses in order to win my sympathy at any price. It all seemed so staged and obvious to me. Very well I registered his existing artificiality, which could not be hidden despite all the sweetness. And then it should get worse. "Grand Soir" became intrusive, loud and personally unpleasant to me. I left the place, he followed me. I got on the subway, he followed me. Then I finally got to my front door ... well. He just didn't understand that I didn't want anything to do with him, that our first date would probably be the last one.

As you can imagine with certainty, it wasn't just the so-called first and last date. I was kind of curious and needed a few weeks to recover from all this. The days got colder and I decided to try it again.
Our second date went a little better. He was still a bit pushy, but he let the great acting be. He kept trying to woo me with all that sweetness, but I didn't find it so bad anymore. The negative sides were not tried to hide and that was exactly what made the previously existing antipathy fly away a little. But was I sure now? Can I imagine a future together? I don't know yet.

A third encounter should follow. The nights became really cool now, partly the five degree mark was undercut and one longs for more warmth and security, differently than in the still warm spring or even summer. The days become shorter, more uncomfortable and darker, which somehow also has an effect on us humans. It simply needs a warmer of the heart, one who brings a little light into the dark time of the year. "Grand Soir", which I now met a third time, since I finally asked for certainty, was just right. Somehow I liked its sweetness, even its obtrusiveness, as soon as vanilla and tonka bean unfolded their magic, the benzoic resin after some time produced a slightly smoky note and the amber rounded the whole thing off with a discreet creaminess. "Grand Soir" knew about my need for affection and warmth, stayed with me for a long time, attracted strange glances with his character, but without it disturbing me greatly.
This third evening was really big, great, special and actually I am smarter and safer now than before.
I like "Grand Soir", can imagine spending time with him, but not always. "Grand Soir" has a special character that is meant for special situations - a character that is sometimes perfect, sometimes out of place. But if there's one thing I can be absolutely sure of, it's its reliability, because as soon as it's there, it's there and then it's right, without any compromise. I've learned to understand and like its corners and edges. The positive now prevails and the negative is no longer so negative. The latter is simply one of them and so - after three attempts - I can imagine spending a little time with "Grand Soir", but not minute by minute, not hour by hour, not day by day, not month by month

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 27 days ago
Initially bright spicy-earthy, this rather dry Oriental Mid season fragrance settles to a soft sweet resinous-woody base. Sadly lacks depth.
ItchynoseItchynose 39 days ago
Fizzy, slightly sweet and very medicinal benzoin that unfortunately reminds me of fluorinated mouthwashes and the dentist's chair.
CatarinaCatarina 133 days ago
Balmy and ambery perfume with a seductive vanilla foreground. It is one of the most alluring perfumes I have experienced!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 173 days ago
Very good amber based fragance. Similar to obsession by Calvin Klein but with better quality ingredients. Performance is good.
PioPio 18 months ago
A very delicate scent, blended to perfection. Wonderful.
ToreterToreter 23 months ago
Suede amber, that lingers on 4eva but dont project. Is like walking with a velvet halo surrounding you very close to skin. Warm & comfort
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 24 months ago
One of the most beautiful scents I've ever put my nose on!
LexaLexa 3 years ago
Wonderfull warm patchouli amber fragrance,bringing to the table an almost 12 hours longevity. A more ambery Coromandel,so well blended.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
A smoother, more ambery MFK Absolue Pour le Soir. This new creation will replace it. I like the new one slightly better.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Scottie
................. guten  R u t s c h !!  ;)) ...............
by Irini29
by Jomvaf
by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by Entenradio
Le Grand Boar! während viele andere gern kollektiv br540 für des francis masterpiece halten dürfen - bade ich doch lieber ausgiebig in diesem hier! SOIR EY! ;)
by Felsn
by Lexa
by Ch053n0n3
by Ch053n0n3

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian