Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin siam
Base Notes Base NotesBrazilian tonka bean, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.01.2019

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
With you every night is great
A great evening begins with you and your!

You have so much in common!

You're beautiful!
You're cute!
Your arms are like balm!
With you I feel so safe!
I inhale you and feel relaxed!
Together with you I look into the sunset!
With you I can just drop me!
You are my port, my home!
You're so soft!
You make everything a little more beautiful!
You're sensual!
I'm so glad I have you!
I can just enjoy you!
You're a dream come true!
I've had to wait a long time for you!
You're almost perfect!
You belong with me!
You're a direct hit!

Ever since we've been together, I've been feeling wonderful
I go for a walk with you in winter and it smells of soft sweet resin and benzoin, while the wind envelops us in honey vanilla and surrounds us with an aura of amber so fine, so clear, so soft. Everything is so perfectly coordinated. I enjoy every moment with you, time gives us so many hours and yet I am sad when you go.

Every day with you is a big night! You're just wonderful!

A great evening begins with you and her!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Cuddle up, who can!
Hello and a nice 2nd Advent!
If I were to ask you what all this belongs in winter, what would you answer here?
Hot drinks, warm clothes (among other things Ugly Christmas Sweater... wanted to buy me something like this, by the way, but found most of them a little too scratchy, so it "just" became a Ugly T-shirt!), cookies, caps, hot chocolate and and and and...

Of course I would also answer "cuddly cats", but then I would have you on my back immediately, because you would say: "That's him again, he's annoying again with his hangover etc..."
Hmpf... yes yes yes yes let me, but well, then I'll do it like Steve Martin in his role as brain surgeon Dr. Hfuhruhurr, who has the cat removed from the operating theatre every now and then during a brain operation with the simple words: "The cat out!" D
Then I'm not talking about cats this time! Pah...

But, I have just said the keyword already, or part of it: "cuddle".
Is that clear or what? You need cuddly blankets in winter... well, actually more so the ladies, because I have never seen a man with a cuddly blanket (unless he had a cold!). And if he did, he would not use the blanket to cuddle, but rather build a cave in the living room out of it, one that is very pleasant and cosy, with a laptop (for Netflix etc...) inside and a lot of cookies and a sign in front of the cave that says "women forbidden!
Yes... must be sometime! Especially if you want to have your peace and quiet in the protection of the cave and maybe then build and play Lego models, because you are NEVER too old for Lego!! :DDD

What am I getting at? I honestly forgot with all the bullshit! I think the scent here was also somehow cuddly soft or something... hence the babbling about cuddly blankets!

The fragrance:
The scent starts with the benzoin (the benzoin?? I have no idea... :D). It smells wonderfully soft, sweet resinous and simply beautiful. The background is slightly spicy, and in the beginning I even had the feeling of perceiving a very light tobacco note.
As so often with Labdanum, I'm not sure how exactly this smells, but the benzoin (which is the benzoin???) I really have no idea, and yes, I'm just too lazy for google :D) I recognize good for it. It smells just like the little pieces of benzoe-resin I once got from a sweet perfume here!
A little later you can smell the light-sweet scent of amber. The fragrance then smells for a while until the vanilla becomes more intense and can be smelled better. From then on the fragrance becomes even more powdery and above all softer. Every now and then, by the way, I still perceive this tobacco-like scent, which is probably a combination of some scent components that gives me this impression.
In the later base everything remains as it was, but this "tobacco" note decreases, and the intensities of vanilla and amber are reversed, so the vanilla becomes much stronger as usual, while the amber begins to weaken. A really nice scent!

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The radiance is good and the fragrance retains its intensity for a while. So it can be smelled for a few hours on one or the other.
The durability is also good, even very good with over twelve hours!

The bottle:
The bottle is solid and rectangular. It consists of crystal glass and is filled with a beautiful amber scented liquid. On the front you can see the fragrance and brand name, on the back you can see the logo. The lid is mainly rectangular and gold-plated and also looks solid. The bottle may look simple, but it's very high quality and looks very good with its clear lines.

Ah, that's the third or fourth cuddly scent I've introduced here lately. And like most of them, this one is a great one. The difference to fragrances like Gritti Light Powdery is that you can't smell iris here, but Amber, which smells just as great!

So I think the fragrance is great, even though it is relatively simple, but who says that fragrances with few fragrances have to be worse because of that? No, Grand Soir belongs to the top recommendations in my opinion, if you like warm, soft, gentle, well also cuddly scents. Just give it a try, I think it might be really worth it!

Its fragrance belongs in winter, as it is not really heavy, but it is heavy enough for warm days. And as so often it is a "all-purpose weapon", that is, it goes well at work in small doses, in my spare time it is beautiful anyway and I also think that you can use it for going out if you want to radiate, that you are sweet, cuddly and also "weeeeich" :D

Soo... you know what the worst thing is in winter? Here in the apartment there are a few places (... I almost wanted to write cookies again!:D) where there are some cuddly blankets as documents for the cat, which he also uses all (you can tell by all the white cat hair, which sticks to it, no matter how often you go with the lint roller to the things!), but still he has to use everything I want to use, no matter if cardigan, blanket, duvet, etc... of course he can do EVERYTHING, but he allows you absolutely NOTHING!! Such a stupid filthy cattle, as soon as he has my chair, he even wants to get up again and still scratches if I want to remove him from there... :DDD
... hmm.... and I didn't want to write anything about cats in this commi here anymore...! Well, then I'll just go play a little with Lego, hö hö :D

Have a nice evening :)
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Tar
Bliss
So GRAND SOIR meant to be the next POUR LE SOIR... I feel a bit sad. Both of them are incredible and fantastic. POUR LE SOIR is (was?) woody, rather unisex and brown.
But... GRAND SOIR is also fantastic, and landed immediately on my wishlist. Right now the ratings say 8.8 / 10. Pretty realistic.

Unfolding itself with innocent, aquatic flowers, looking around, realizing, that the place is safety, GRAND SOIR grows to be a wonder! Depending on your skin, it can be more aquatic-flowery, or more honey-fruitty. It is a true bliss to wear this sweet, honeydew-melon like fragrance, that is strong, heavy and happy.

Kindred: Safanad (de Marly), Le Rivage des Syrtes (MDCI), Back to Black (Kilian)
Audience: unisex (a bit more feminine than the ancestor)
Strength: not extreme, but still pretty good
Type: yes, completely my type :D
Season: from the moment, when I already grabbed a bottle, all seasons included
Occasion: always, when I am awake

Toreter 66 days ago
Suede amber, that lingers on 4eva but dont project. Is like walking with a velvet halo surrounding you very close to skin. Warm & comfort+1
Sillage 9.0
Sillage 10.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 9.5
Ps1160 10 months ago
Rich honey opening. Decadent and luxurious through the ambery dry down. Leans feminine.+7
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 8.0
Lexa 15 months ago
Wonderfull warm patchouli amber fragrance,bringing to the table an almost 12 hours longevity. A more ambery Coromandel,so well blended.+3
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 8.0
ScentedSalon 3 years ago
A smoother, more ambery MFK Absolue Pour le Soir. This new creation will replace it. I like the new one slightly better.+5
Bottle 9.0