Oud Satin Mood (2015) Eau de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Violet, Bulgarian damask rose, Turkish damask rose absolute, Laotian oud, Benzoin siam, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 24.04.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

BriocheNoir
Oud & Rose can harmonize well!
At least this was my first thought when I first sniffed at my wrist after spraying on this "scent bomb". Yes, this perfume is strong, but the interplay of Oud & Rose is just good here and the violet gives the certain kick. I don't perceive the benzoin so strongly, but that's a good thing. I don't think the fragrance is as complex as many people think, but the elegance and harmony are clearly to be emphasized here. The noble rose, the cool & distant violet and the not medically or fecally correcting oud play great here and deliver a great result! MFK has once again managed to convince. Guuuut.
9.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Warm & cuddly full of vanilla & delight
This is the first oud I smell.
I still don't know exactly how this legendary eaglewood smells like that.
But I know violets and benzoes very well and I also recognize them when I spray on the perfume.
So, now enchant me, Oud Satin Mood.

The prelude for me is first of all flowery-fruity and fills my head completely with the color light orange. I associate it with fresh apricots, a powdery cool violet on a spicy-warm bed of benzoin and a note that must be oud.
It'll take a while for the rose to show. But when it comes, it's like a fully blossoming nectar rose, sweet and sensually deafening. The scent is no longer orange and bright, but dark red, blood red Finally, vanilla joins in and envelops all the other scents in its warmth and comfort, so intense that the other notes briefly disappear. The scent becomes even darker and no longer red, more like a dark wood brown.

How exactly the scent smells changes periodically for me, the scents alternate in their intensity, sometimes there is more of one, sometimes more of the other. The fragrance is very pleasantly cuddly, creamy and harmonious. From time to time I smell minimal medical echoes, like eucalyptus.

I feel transported into a fantasy world as you sometimes see it in dreams, a dense jungle with foggy lights that rise and fall, a forest with huge trees whose foliage is so dense that you can't see the sky. Lianas hang down everywhere, everything is networked through them, the jungle a single organism. The air glows and pulsates like magic, the sky is dark, but the plants and insects produce their own lights that surround them. The night is filled with life, you can hear birds twittering and humming from huge insects. The fragrant vanilla trees grow in this jungle. They are gnarled and old, from their bark spicy resin emerges in several places. They are not too high, have broadly notched, matt shimmering blue-green leaves. And now they are in full bloom, now they fill the whole night with their sweet vanilla-creamy nectar scent. The glowing night butterflies and a bunch of eagerly nibbling hummingbirds gather around the tree.

Anosmia
Solid fragrance for your first date
Somebody once described Hypnotic Poison as the perfect scent for an affair-opener, I would say this trophy should actually go to Oud Satin Mood. And not necessarily only for affairs, the message here is not so clear
The previous speakers have already said it: Eccentric experiments or inspiring developments shouldn't be expected here, my mother, who would probably get along great and almost blind with Terra when shopping for a fragrance, found it "beautiful", but also quite boring and not very creative, I think "too round" were her exact words
But so far everybody likes it, without exception, the first criterion of a good date scent, because something more daring undoubtedly seems more charismatic, but can also completely deter spontaneously.
So far nobody could smell big notes, except for the vanilla, around which everything is orchestrated or gives it a direction - deep, not squeaky, probably by the oud, which never gets through here. So maximum came "delicious vanilla", otherwise only mmmmh and oooohh.

But Oud Satin Mood is not a sultry panty dropper or that which is commonly understood as panty dropper. Also rather pleasant-beautiful-cuddly than erotic. And if it's erotic, it's not loud. Not at all shrill.

This pleasantly for itself smelling darkened sweetness does not come along also with slight overdosage with manslaughter silage. Anyway, on my skin the perfume has a pretty close radius, especially after the first half hour.
But with an extremely long shelf life. Just as 3 Weather Taffeta supposedly never lets wind, rain and sun bring it out of its coolness, Oud Satin Mood keeps pub smoke, rain and long nights undamaged It still smells after waking up and gets stuck in the pillows.

It's established itself now: When that smell comes out of my room, somebody in my flat shouts, "You got a date!"
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

Oud Satin Mood by MFK
Fragrances fro Maison Francis Kurkdjian have been a little hit and miss with me when I have tried them. So when I tried this one initially, my expectations were tempered. Here are my thoughts on camera.

9.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

my favorite fragrance, 10/10
One of the scents that absolutely knocked me out when I first wore it. It just smells so sweet, luxurious, delicious, sexy, complex ... Performance is the best of all my perfumes. 10/10. My girlfriend would make me the best, but he's not too feminine. Best unisex scent I know. Extrait de Parfum version is unnecessary because it is much more expensive and this one already has a monster performance.

optimal situation: in the cold season for date, going out or special occasions and smartly dressed.

In my opinion, the price is absolutely worth it, especially since you only need half a spray, at most 2 sprays.

sweet, candy-sweet
My sample is an extrait de parfum.
The perfume opens with a geranium accord, a violet touch and a cinnamon trace. All these wonderful smells are linked together with a red bow soaked in oud. Later, the violet becomes more remarkable and the composition gets a bitter touch. All the sweetness from the opening begins to lose ground and gets a little bit puffy. The fragrance remains very sweet but is now more bearable. A jammy rose makes its presence felt more and more. It is its turn to fill the scene. The composition remains like that for quite a time. It stretches on the skin and conquer it with its sweetness. An endless sweetness that makes you think of childhood, sweets and cotton candy; no worries, no problems, just sugar. This is ‘oud satin mood’ for me.
By the end, when everything starts to get lost, notes of vanilla and amber appear. They give to the composition a creamy, sticky facet, as a candy filling. I wanted to eat it, not smell it.
Projection is good and longevity is above average. It remained an entire day on my skin.
So, if you like oud and you want to smell sweet, sweet, candy-sweet, try it.
7.5 10.0 10.0/10

Vanilla-centric Oud
At first, I did not like Satin mood at all, preferring the somewhat safe combination of rose and oud in Silk mood. But when I tried it again, it impressed me. The opening is a definite vanilla bomb, only it is not too sweet. The oud is not dark but a little bit dirty which suits the vanilla just fine. I do get some spices and slight resins but absolutely no rose nor violet, which is fine by me. This smells a lot like Zafeer but not as synthetic. Smooth and wearable, the sillage is not as strong as Silk but still gets the job done.

Rose Violet Oud
Another fabric – satin enters MFK’s fabric collection beside silk, cashmere and velvet, one of the most creative fragrance collection featuring oud.
The perfume has an unusual opening for an oud composition: candied violets that will turn a bit powdery and vanilla which, together with oud, is accompanying a bouquet of different roses.
These roses melted in soft vanilla with a powdery violet note have the echo of several other rose/violet perfume: FM’s Lipstick Rose and YSL ‘ Paris.

Satin Mood has on one hand the collection’s DNA but, on the other hand, it’s miles away from Cashmere or Velvet Mood being soft and feminine, a flowery sweet oud with some make up traces giving a comforting feeling. Compared with the rest in spite of the fact that is named Oud Satin Mood oud is not the guest star, the leading role was given to vanilla roses.
As the fragrance evolves in the drydown the roses start to pale in favor of vanilla, benzoin and powdery oud. Francis Kurkdjan succeeded once again a brilliant interpretation of oud in an original manner.
With a very good longevity, more than 8 hours and a beautiful silage that gets a lot of compliments Satin Mood is a must try even if you are not (yet) fan of oud fragrances.

Xanthon 147 days ago
It's sweet first love, and very pleasant. Strongly unisex in my opinion, good for making great impressions!+2
9.0