Oud Satin Mood 2015Eau de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 27 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Lyric Man

Violet, Bulgarian damask rose, Turkish damask rose absolute, Laotian oud, Benzoin Siam, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 17.10.2020.

Total work of art
I have only recently joined the "sniffers" and so I have been gradually getting to know niche fragrances and individual fragrance components. After trying four different oud scents, I already thought that oud is nothing for me. I did not find the scents wicked (rather burnt) at all, not appealing at all, neither for men nor women. Now the scents I tested were very oud-heavy, not at all cushioned. Actually I had already crossed oud off my list, but I still had to try the OSM. HOW GOOD! A soft OUD! Maybe this is the female note, which is so often highlighted in the comments, although I personally would like the scent on men as well.
You have to be careful when spraying if you do not want to scent the whole area. For me OSM is not a fragrance for work or leisure anyway. However, in the evening, especially now that the days are getting shorter and cooler again, I find it perfect. I don't need a date for that either, I'll be content to enjoy the fragrance myself. I feel snuggled in. Maybe it's the vanilla that makes the oud so soft and warm. (I love vanilla, by the way - Tihota from Indult - wonderful, little detour). I also find the scent a bit soapy, but I don't find that bad at all. Somehow everything fits together.
I do not succeed in sniffing out the individual fragrance components, but that is probably due to me, my lack of experience and perhaps also my nose. But I don't have to analyse a fragrance down to the smallest detail, it should conquer me in its entirety (I find head notes completely overrated) and appeal to my emotions. OSM clearly does that Although I don't use OSM every day, since I bought it there is a slight whiff of this perfume in my bedding and sometimes in the air when I come home from work. I love it. So, to all of you who don't get along with OUD as much as I do, this perfume makes the eagle wood appear in a new light.
By the way - declare me crazy, but for me the flacon must always be aesthetically pleasing. In this case it is. High quality. To hold the heavy lid in your hand is a pleasure.
My dearest winter coat
On cold autumn days or in winter there is nothing better for me than this fragrance.

I smelled it for the first time in a perfumery in Düsseldorf sometime in the pre-Christmas period, after I had been wrestling with a bottling for some time I decided to give it to myself and never regretted it for a day.

As a man you have to decide if you can wear it or not, of course it is not a classic male scent but because of its uniqueness I would not call it a classic female scent. It is just a little bit different, special. The people around you notice that, turn their heads, ask questions.

I think you should not ask yourself beforehand if you are willing to wear a more feminine scent but if you are willing to smell more special. With a thoroughly masculine look and appearance, I don't think that the fragrance is often perceived as classically feminine.

All in all I feel with this fragrance simply good, extravagant and special. This does not mean to me that I would only wear it on special occasions. You can also feel special in your free time :)
Just one of the reasons why I am already looking forward to the cold days again!
MecitK
Oh, how well nobody knows I'm red rose.
A beautiful fragrance with a brutal durability
This scent smells like a dark red rose garden a super scent that everyone immediately notices in my opinion but more suitable for women there are different opinions have the scent of my mother gescheckt after he was me but then too flowery and she said but this scent smells like a men's perfume :-D I have it in my collection anyway, she found it too strong :(
I would recommend the fragrance for beautiful winter or autumn evenings 1-3 splashes are enough. Very good durability, strong perfume, not everyone will like it and I just say Rose Rose oud Rose Rose
Have a nice day :)
Pinkdawn
... ...gives you an idea of what heaven could smell like...

Roses over roses ... A single sprayer is enough and I feel surrounded by thousands and thousands of Damascus roses.
Oud Satin Mood gives you an idea of what it could smell like in heaven...

I bought my second fragrance from MFK last month for my birthday. I had heard, seen and read so much about this perfume that I just wanted to have it. I hadn't tested it yet, but from the descriptions, I thought Oud Satin Mood was wonderful - soft, gentle, flattering, but also intoxicating. Right now, for some reason, I like rose scents. I own some of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria, which I like to wear. They are all fresh, light, delicate with green and sometimes berry nuances - so ideal for the summer.
And Oud Satin Mood? Will it live up to my expectations?
I had been warned by several comments that the fragrance should be very intense and strong and should, so to speak, only be used in homeopathic doses, so that one does not disturb his/her environment too much. Of course I would not like that under any circumstances.
I assumed that this fragrance was only suitable for festive events such as gala evenings, premieres or glamorous balls. Since I don't attend the Vienna Opera Ball, these events would be extremely sparse, I thought - OSM would therefore probably be "eternally" in stock with me.
I therefore approach the allegedly great fragrance with the necessary respect. A timid sprayer on the right, one on the left, then I waited for the huge rose bomb, which would probably burst now and virtually sweep me away with its scent.
Was it a pipe burst?
Not at all. But neither is the explosion of scent that some people apparently feel at OSM. Okay, maybe my olfactory organ is not as sensitive as it used to be, I think. Let's see how my environment reacts A first then. It's June 9th, when I wear OSM for the first time, or perhaps I should say, when I'll be wearing it. A small group has gathered to celebrate my birthday with me. We meet in an Irish Pub in a Viennese suburb. It is warm enough to sit outside Of course I don't think about Oud Satin Mood all the time, which I hardly notice on myself - at most a touch, when I move my head. I have to accept and unwrap presents, there is chatting, eating and drinking Guinness.
But from time to time it comes to me, this allegedly so stunning scent. But no one seems to notice it but me. Nobody wonders what it smells so good, nobody inquires about the perfume, nobody pays any compliments. Hello? The dark, square bottle has a sophisticated and noble appearance. However, its weight makes it less suitable for carrying in a handbag. Due to several descriptions of the fragrance as very durable and strong, I would never have thought that I would have to spray it. I don't have to do that with Oud from the house of Kurkdjian either.

I should perhaps note that I bought the fragrance in a reputable perfumery and it was originally wrapped in cellophane when I got it.
Well, you can be wrong. It's not my sense of smell. There are two men and two women at our table. The fifth one has to stand because the Corona regulation only allows 4 persons at one table and the landlord refuses to bring another chair with the words "Zahl'n Se mir de Straf'?! Of course it was a bit uncomfortable, but the gentlemen took turns with the standing room.
And the scent itself? Apart from the fact that it's obviously not as intense and strong as I read in some of the comments, it's pretty much the opposite of the Guerlain AA rose scents in my collection. That is to say, not as light, delicate and fruity as the rose scents that are currently in fashion.
Francis Kurkdjian dares to swim against the current once again. While the perfumers of leading houses have apparently decided that roses today have to smell fresh, green and discreet, Kurkdjian has enjoyed creating an unconventional rose scent that is not restrained or even shamefully hidden, but that gives roses back their majesty, so to speak. With him, roses are - still or again - full of power and delicate, velvety, but pleasantly dry sweetness.
Oud Satin Mood has something unconventionally intoxicating. From the very first moment. Here you can see fully bloomed, big red roses, which are allowed to make an impression. Accompanied by delicate violets and a very soft, cuddly and woody oud, which, I feel, "holds everything together beautifully" and surrounds it with warmth and softness.
The fragrance is silky, soft, powdery and - especially in the base - noble wood. The nuances unite to a dignified, exquisite work of art. In this sense, OSM is more of a linear fragrance, which is present from the very beginning. And when I mentioned the "base" earlier, it doesn't mean the end of a fragrance journey, but the foundation that underlies all other fragrances. I suppose that this delicate woody note is due to the Siamese benzoin, the resin of the tropical styrax trees, which gives off a lovely scent reminiscent of vanilla and chocolate.
The composition is so successful and harmonious that I cannot tell where vanilla begins and amber ends. But do you have to?
I don't want to trace the violets, which remain small and discreet here, according to my feeling.
I would still not describe OSM as a gourmet fragrance. The rose is too powerful for that. Anyone who knows Damascus roses knows that they only bloom once a year, in early summer. But they exude a fragrance that can only be called beguiling.
Damascus roses are an ancient rose species from Asia Minor. Crusaders brought them to Europe over 600 years ago. I don't mention this to show how well I can google, but because the scent makes you feel that it is a very old cultivated plant - at least that's what it seems to me. For me, this rose scent has a certain oriental flair in its opulence. I can well imagine that healing effects have always been attributed to this wonderful scent. Above all, it should bring mental and physical relaxation.

I also feel that somehow when I wear the perfume. There is something pleasantly soothing about the fragrance. No, it's not a sleeping pill, but it takes away the stress, that's how it seems to me. It is a fragrance for after work - not for hectic working hours or sports. You have to be ready for this scent. Be ready to give him the peace he needs to unfold in this heady way. It is a fine, sensual fragrance. Sensual but not necessarily in the sense of passionate or seductive, rather heavenly. It makes you float.

It's not a faint scent. It has a size that doesn't suit everyone, but it's never intrusive. It does not suit every occasion because it is very elegant and striking.
People who like to stay in the background are unlikely to reach for this fragrance. But I'm using clichés here, because, as I mentioned, nobody noticed OSM on me. From this I conclude that you can't wear this scent only at big festivities. Provided your personality fits OSM.
UNISEX???
I received the scent with great anticipation. Admittedly, the first sprayer is already a real mace!! The scent is incredibly potent and oppressive, for me it is not at all in the same class as the other flattering scents of this label. For me, this fragrance does only one thing and that is harassing. I find the fragrance so penetrating and unsexy, as it is otherwise only with Coco Chanel or Sun the case. There's something in it that I don't like at all and besides that, in my eyes the scent is 100% a women's scent, although manufacturers and 2/3 of the users here say something different. For a few hours this cloud also shaves its surroundings penetratingly, but then it suddenly ends. My wife thinks the fragrance is great and also said, "that's a women's fragrance". Durability, she was also very disappointed, besides the outstanding Sillage. So nothing against role-playing, I wouldn't put on a skirt right now, but especially with scents you can play around with them. For me, the scent just has absolutely nothing masculine about it. I just don't wear fragrances that impress women just because they would wear it themselves, it has to be at least a little bit masculine. This one is too powdery rosy feminine, a clear No Go from me. You have to be a certain type of man for that, which I don't reflect in my eyes... Who likes such fragrances, however, gets a super potent ladykiller performance for a few hours
Eroticism for the nose
I have been looking forward to a rehearsal here because of the good evaluation. When the fragrance mail arrived with 6 fragrances, I wanted to test the Satin Mood first. A sprayer on the elbows and nose on it. Suddenly the other scents were not so important anymore and I just wanted to smell at the MFK over and over again. It smells downright wicked, you think about dating, flirting, you think about sex.

The scent is silky soft, the rose and oud are finely powdered and are in the foreground. Vanilla is also noticeable, but not as striking as the first two. The sillage and shelf life are extremely good. Even with a test sprayer OSM conquers the room with ease and is still clearly perceptible after hours.

After the initial enthusiasm, however, a different feeling sets in with me and the question arises: "do I find the fragrance better on me or on a woman? And the answer for me personally is: on a woman I would enjoy this extraordinary creation more. I don't know if it's too powdery, too rosy or a combination of both, but I find it a bit too feminine.

If I should meet a lady wearing this fragrance when I go out, I will definitely notice her, now even more so, because I can classify this smell or much more aura. And the opener is already there.
OmegApo
In my opinion worlds more exclusive than the BR540 edp & extrait ...
Some months ago I had the opportunity to exchange my Creed Aventus with a remaining content of about 70ml Batch: 2019 for a full MFK Oud Satin Mood also 70ml with OVP and invoice and I did so. It was almost a blind exchange but I knew from the reviews here that it must have something and if I didn't like it, I would have sold it on. Many people might say that I made a huge mistake but no, not with the performance of the Creed Aventus, there are simply much better ones, even if Aventus has the uniqueness, I didn't regret it for a single second. No sooner said than done, when the perfume arrived I unpacked it and looked at the beautiful bottle and marvelled at it. How much I love the flacon, so noble, so high quality, simply fantastic. When I pulled the cap off the bottle, I already smelled this intense fragrance and thought to myself, poah old swede smells the extremely heavy horny! So oriental, spicy, flowery, sweet, creamy, powdery everything in one simply stunning. In my opinion this scent of MFK is simply better than its archrival the BR540. This one has what I can't find on the BR540: the BR540 couldn't give me this WOW, the power and impact behind it is something the BR540 just doesn't have. I tested both the Extrait and the EDP of BR540 several times and came to the conclusion that it is much weaker in direct comparison to OSM. I mean of course there should be two different fragrances but I don't find the BR540 on the same level as OSM. Enough talk about BR540. Let's get to the opening: The scent starts off strongly rosy, rosy and rosy again but this other rosy one with a mixture of violet, oud, amber. If you have never smelled it before, it is very hard to imagine. The whole thing may sound monotonous and boring but when you test it you will notice how extraordinary and unique this fragrance smells. It has a special oriental touch, which you will not find in designer fragrances. The fragrance starts like this and ends like this that means: ''Linear''. If you are looking for or expecting a fragrance development here, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. Which does not mean that the fragrance is boring! Not everyone will like this scent. Personally, I don't like rosy scents, but through the whole mix of notes, I think Mr. Francis Kurkdjian has managed to put me under his spell. The fragrance is extremely potent, the performance is world class. You have to be defitinitv lust to want to wear this fragrance, otherwise you won't like it. ^^ So let's come to a decision and grade the scent from 1-10 I give the OSM a 9/10, because it smells like no other scent as described above.

Shelf life: 11/10 ^^ if this one sticks to the skin I don't want to imagine the extract. The scent lasts for about 12 hours on my skin and even weeks on my clothes. I once did a test where a top of mine hung in the closet, which I had sprayed with a single sprayer. I smelled it every day to know how long it would last. Conclusion: Yes what can I say... it lasted almost a month! After 3 weeks I could still smell this scent = No Joke, try it out
Sillage: 10/10 I can also tell a short story about this. Even before my girlfriend and I moved into a shared apartment for the first time, we had an appointment for our new internet connection, which I noticed and went alone to the apartment. Arrived at the top, I waited for the employee who would activate it for us. After the employee came and had finished furnishing everything, my girlfriend came an hour later and told me, "What the hell is that extremely strong smell in the staircase? I said: I don't know, I opened the door curiously and actually smelled the OSM in the hallway :D :D about as strong you have to imagine the sillage of the smell. With this scent you definitely stand out everywhere on this planet
Flacon: 9/10 I don't have to say anything about the flacon - it's just fabulous. As I personally know, there's only one bottle that I like even more than the OSM, and that's the OSM Extrait de Parfum and the BR540 Extrait de Parfum. The look of both fragrances is beautiful with the golden "plate" to die for. Therefore it gets from me a 9/10.

Occasion: On what occasion you could or should wear the fragrance, definitely going out and the tendency is more towards the evening. Neither in leisure time nor at work.

Season: Spring but only if it is still cool, i.e. below 10 degrees, otherwise late autumn and winter !

Target group: This fragrance is unisex and opinions here are divided but I would say the fragrance suits a woman 60/40% to a man. There will be a lot of people who will say that the fragrance is more feminine and feminine, which I can understand somewhere, but you should not forget that the fragrance is unisex. Both men and women should wear this fragrance, each of whom is Ü30. A well-dressed, elegant woman, a businessman or a man with style, I can imagine this fragrance very well on such people. Since the fragrance comes with an extreme power, I would say so.

Price Performance: Is also ok for a Nichen fragrance, for getting such an exclusive, extraordinary fragrance.

Is it worth testing the perfume? Testing: EVERYTHING!!
And buying? In my opinion: Yes, but you better order a sample first. :-)

PS: I have uploaded a YouTube review about this scent but somehow the videos are constantly being deleted here. But on request I can send you the link if it should be deleted again and you are interested in it.

LG your OmegApo

Renatapleth
Perfect combination of rose and oud!
Another perfect fragrance creation from the talented Maison Francis Kurkdjian! I could not live without this fragrance, since the first smell it has been one of my top favourites!

For me this fragrance is a perfection and a perfect start for all those who have never worn an oud perfume before or are perhaps sceptical about it. To be honest, you can only smell the oud in this one very slightly.

For me it smells almost a little sour at first, but in a very pleasant dose, which pushes the sweetness of the rose a little in the shade and makes it ideal for men to wear. Nevertheless, this perfume is about roses with a slight undertone of wooden tones, wonderfully sweet and at the same time tart.

But you should be very careful with the dosage, because it projects very strongly, which I love, but for others it can happen very easily, very strongly. The durability is just as easy Unbeatable, on clothes it simply lasts forever and on the skin at least 8 hours, while you can smell yourself all day long!

Oud Satin Mood (Lychee?)
Oud Satin Mood was a massive surprise for me. I'm an oud rookie, so I was a bit weary, but than again I love rose, so I figured I might like this. Straight from the opening this blew me away and the scent was nothing like I imagined it to be. To me Oud Satin Mood clearly smells like lychee, or to be more specific, a sweetened lychee product, like the jelly pudding cups I used to get from the Asian market. I guess it's the combination of vanilla, rose and violet in here that gives it that scent. At first I mainly smelled it in the air, and I got a bit more wood on my skin, so I expected it to fade away quickly. The opposite happened, for hours I got the slightly soapy and jammy lychee from my skin as well. If there is oud in this, it's pretty much hidden, because the fruity floral note is really strong and it projects far for quite a while (this is the Eau de Parfum variant). I absolutely loved it from start to finish. The only downside is the sweetness, which combined with the projection, makes this a bit harder to wear in certain situations. Very much unisex, but as much as I love it, I think it's probably better on women. I'd have to give this more wears, but this could very well beat out Grand Soir to become my favorite Maison Francis Kurkdjian so far.

Dark red velvetoud
Dark red velvetoud. All right. Satin, if you like. Glamorous appearance, barely scraping past a gourmet note, remains on the tart and sweet side. Perfectly shaped bow, danceable, revelling, suitable for ballrooms, also for the Sillage. Lasts until the next morning of course. If you can't behave yourself, that's bad luck.

BielwenassBielwenass 16 days ago
Cloyingly sweet rose, leans feminine.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 30 days ago
Magical, warm, seductive and very rich , love it ❤️
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 59 days ago
A bright, yet creamy spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a solid sweet resinous-woody base. Good performance. Rather feminine.
LolusLolus 6 months ago
Oud is not the center of the fragance. It´s just one something else. And that´s the reason why it´s so soft and gentle rose-vanilla oud.
Salman2000Salman2000 8 months ago
anda menyukai oud satin mood ?
cobalah berkunjung di video saya
MeursaultMeursault 9 months ago
The oud is nowhere to be found but thanks god, because the rose-vanilla-violet combination is to die for. Sweet and silky. Outstanding.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 11 months ago
Is there any oud in this fragrance? Still, the vanilla and rose combination is out of this world. Love it!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 15 months ago
Not one oud more. Clisé to scents like oud mood by lattafa, Mon precieux by note33 or black aoud by montale but with a fabulous quality!
XanthonXanthon 23 months ago
It's sweet first love, and very pleasant. Strongly unisex in my opinion, good for making great impressions!
Splashfrag12Splashfrag12 4 years ago

by Jomvaf
by Jomvaf
by MrSimonM
by MrSimonM
Meine Kriegerin. Sie reißt mir fast den Kopf ab. Schiebt meinen Mund so heftig in ihren, dass es schmerzt. Eine Explosion sprengt all die dumpfen grauen Jahre hinweg zwischen dem Jetzt und dieser einen gleißenden Nacht, in der sie mir gehörte
by FrauLohse
by OmegApo
by Pinkdawn
by Pinkdawn
by OvidiuH
MFK - Oud Satin Mood (70ml)
by DavidBn
by Inadquate
by MecitK
by MecitK

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian