Oud Satin Mood 2015Eau de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 20 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Lyric Man

Violet, Bulgarian damask rose, Turkish damask rose absolute, Laotian oud, Benzoin Siam, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 14.01.2021.

Blind Buy
Yes it was a blind purchase, however I got such a good price, I had to strike :D with the fragrance I associate an art gallery exhibition in the evening in winter with a black turtleneck sweater and then a glass of red wine in front of the fireplace. The depth and dark rose paired with the voluminous amber makes it very heavy and deep. H and S are good. About 10 hours I notice it on my skin. The oud becomes very present after a few hours and also slightly animalic. Top rose oud fragrance and nix for younger audience

Ptsau
Best Oud Rose Combination!
My favorite from MFK besides Grand Soir. I usually don’t like rose fragrances since they usually are more feminine but this one is definitely unisex (I don’t like feminine fragrances). I loved at first sniff but I thought it maybe not easy to wear since it’s a beast in performance (last 12+ hours and sillage is 4 feet+. It’s strong but I wore one day and my husband said, ‘wow! You smell so good and the fragrance matches you so perfectly’. Then I love this one even more. Men can definitely wear that too. I wish I can make it my signature scent but it’s too strong. Hard for daily wear. Still one of my favorite in my collection.
First appearances are deceptive
My first comment starts right away with a funny story.
I received the fragrance first as a small sample to accompany an order.
When the perfume arrived, the samples were first tested and then I got this little blue bottle in my eye: "Oud Satin Mood" The fragrance of which I have read and heard only positive things At that time a colleague was with me and we wanted to go to a party later on.
Since I am someone who puts on a fragrance almost every day and my colleague forgot to put on his fragrance that day, he asked me if he could try one of my fragrances Since I had just received a few samples to my order, my idea was that we try one of these fragrances to wear that evening.
But since I had never smelled any of the samples myself and had only heard about them from stories/reviews, I suggested that we first test the scents on our wrists before applying a fragrance that we didn't like at all.
No sooner said than done, my colleague and I sprayed a spray of OSM on our wrists... "Omg what is that because it smells terrible!", we said almost at the same time, my colleague and went into the bathroom to wash the smell off his wrist He came back:" Boy this stuff doesn't go off my wrist anymore.
Since then, the scent was actually dead to me, but I gave it another chance and let the smell linger on my wrist.
In the course of the evening I smelled his wrist and strangely enough the more often I smelled him the more I seemed to like him.
This showed me that you can't write directly to a perfume, just because you don't like the first impression.
In the meantime, some time has passed and the fragrance has become part of my collection and in my opinion, as well as some of the previous speakers, it is perfectly suited for cooler days, as the fragrance is very heavy and sweet.
I even got some compliments for him in the last few days, which of course made me very happy.
I hope my first contribution is not access and I could entertain or help someone with it :)
Not for everyone
With me, it was a classic blind buy. With fragrances in this price range, I can only advise against such a purchase by anyone. Especially Oud Satin Mood. Not every man will like this fragrance and some will not understand the hype about it. With me it was different. It fascinated me the first time I applied it. It still does today. I have owned it for 3 years now.

The fragrance is very heavy in the air and a full load of rose comes out. It lasts very long and is also well perceived in the surroundings. It finds application with me at family celebrations or when eating out. I always feel carried away to wear it rather when I am together with older people than myself.

On my girlfriend, I don't like him that much. She makes him seem too old-fashioned. I love him in me. She agrees with me, by the way. That doesn't mean it doesn't work with women. I find it better on men. Although I'm sure it's one of the more feminine scents for men. It brings back memories of the parties I've just described. Of days gone by and beautiful moments. This is not only due to my limbic system but also to the scent character of OSM.
Can96
Minimalist & emotional chaos in the head
After my ordered sample some time ago, I have of course spread the scent nicely throughout the office. It's a long shot & I only sprayed 3 times, the whole office and hallway smelled like the beautiful satin mood. The Bulgarian Damascene Rose stings your nose immediately and it has an almost calming effect :D

After this already surprising side effect, I sprayed it on my vest, & I must say that the durability is unbeatable! I put my vest in the trunk & after about 5 days I used it again and took it out, when I took it in my hand, a sweet, woody OUD scent was stealing into my nose, because the satin mood was directly in my mind !

All in all, I can only recommend this fragrance even for OUD skeptics

- top minimalistic typical Maison bottle
- top durability
- top Sillage
- top Scent
- horny, horny, horny
Nour38
...not polished, just satinized...
For all those who like extravagance on a high level and fragrances with complexity - here you are in the right place.

The bottle
With corners and edges

The Opening
While third parties immediately expect intoxication from a distance, the wearer of this fragrance must be patient.
Not a highlight, hopefully the first minutes will go by faster. You know this little culprit? It doesn't really matter. We'll give him the development time.

The heart note
Hits the hearts ❤. The very great and rounded composition of rose and oud comes to the fore.
Breathe a sigh of relief, the weighty scent of the opening fortunately does not remain.

The base note
The floral, woody, spicy and sweet notes are combined. The fragrance is more a gentle representative of oud, but I hear this positively. MFK has spoken its last word in the fragrance pyramid.

The Sillage
Above average. Nobody's gonna see you over. You will be surrounded by a sensual aura that moves with the times
The shelf life
With two sprays you can successfully get through the day.
With three sprays you are still the most fragrant pretty boy in the evening.

The balance sheet
Coherent, this scent.
It's infatuating how I was able to learn A masterpiece.
Total work of art
I have only recently joined the "sniffers" and so I have been gradually getting to know niche fragrances and individual fragrance components. After trying four different oud scents, I already thought that oud is nothing for me. I did not find the scents wicked (rather burnt) at all, not appealing at all, neither for men nor women. Now the scents I tested were very oud-heavy, not at all cushioned. Actually I had already crossed oud off my list, but I still had to try the OSM. HOW GOOD! A soft OUD! Maybe this is the female note, which is so often highlighted in the comments, although I personally would like the scent on men as well.
You have to be careful when spraying if you do not want to scent the whole area. For me OSM is not a fragrance for work or leisure anyway. However, in the evening, especially now that the days are getting shorter and cooler again, I find it perfect. I don't need a date for that either, I'll be content to enjoy the fragrance myself. I feel snuggled in. Maybe it's the vanilla that makes the oud so soft and warm. (I love vanilla, by the way - Tihota from Indult - wonderful, little detour). I also find the scent a bit soapy, but I don't find that bad at all. Somehow everything fits together.
I do not succeed in sniffing out the individual fragrance components, but that is probably due to me, my lack of experience and perhaps also my nose. But I don't have to analyse a fragrance down to the smallest detail, it should conquer me in its entirety (I find head notes completely overrated) and appeal to my emotions. OSM clearly does that Although I don't use OSM every day, since I bought it there is a slight whiff of this perfume in my bedding and sometimes in the air when I come home from work. I love it. So, to all of you who don't get along with OUD as much as I do, this perfume makes the eagle wood appear in a new light.
By the way - declare me crazy, but for me the flacon must always be aesthetically pleasing. In this case it is. High quality. To hold the heavy lid in your hand is a pleasure.
My dearest winter coat
On cold autumn days or in winter there is nothing better for me than this fragrance.

I smelled it for the first time in a perfumery in Düsseldorf sometime in the pre-Christmas period, after I had been wrestling with a bottling for some time I decided to give it to myself and never regretted it for a day.

As a man you have to decide if you can wear it or not, of course it is not a classic male scent but because of its uniqueness I would not call it a classic female scent. It is just a little bit different, special. The people around you notice that, turn their heads, ask questions.

I think you should not ask yourself beforehand if you are willing to wear a more feminine scent but if you are willing to smell more special. With a thoroughly masculine look and appearance, I don't think that the fragrance is often perceived as classically feminine.

All in all I feel with this fragrance simply good, extravagant and special. This does not mean to me that I would only wear it on special occasions. You can also feel special in your free time :)
Just one of the reasons why I am already looking forward to the cold days again!
MecitK
Oh, how well nobody knows I'm red rose.
A beautiful fragrance with a brutal durability
This scent smells like a dark red rose garden a super scent that everyone immediately notices in my opinion but more suitable for women there are different opinions have the scent of my mother gescheckt after he was me but then too flowery and she said but this scent smells like a men's perfume :-D I have it in my collection anyway, she found it too strong :(
I would recommend the fragrance for beautiful winter or autumn evenings 1-3 splashes are enough. Very good durability, strong perfume, not everyone will like it and I just say Rose Rose oud Rose Rose
Have a nice day :)
Pinkdawn
... ...gives you an idea of what heaven could smell like...

Roses over roses ... A single sprayer is enough and I feel surrounded by thousands and thousands of Damascus roses.
Oud Satin Mood gives you an idea of what it could smell like in heaven...

I bought my second fragrance from MFK last month for my birthday. I had heard, seen and read so much about this perfume that I just wanted to have it. I hadn't tested it yet, but from the descriptions, I thought Oud Satin Mood was wonderful - soft, gentle, flattering, but also intoxicating. Right now, for some reason, I like rose scents. I own some of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria, which I like to wear. They are all fresh, light, delicate with green and sometimes berry nuances - so ideal for the summer.
And Oud Satin Mood? Will it live up to my expectations?
I had been warned by several comments that the fragrance should be very intense and strong and should, so to speak, only be used in homeopathic doses, so that one does not disturb his/her environment too much. Of course I would not like that under any circumstances.
I assumed that this fragrance was only suitable for festive events such as gala evenings, premieres or glamorous balls. Since I don't attend the Vienna Opera Ball, these events would be extremely sparse, I thought - OSM would therefore probably be "eternally" in stock with me.
I therefore approach the allegedly great fragrance with the necessary respect. A timid sprayer on the right, one on the left, then I waited for the huge rose bomb, which would probably burst now and virtually sweep me away with its scent.
Was it a pipe burst?
Not at all. But neither is the explosion of scent that some people apparently feel at OSM. Okay, maybe my olfactory organ is not as sensitive as it used to be, I think. Let's see how my environment reacts A first then. It's June 9th, when I wear OSM for the first time, or perhaps I should say, when I'll be wearing it. A small group has gathered to celebrate my birthday with me. We meet in an Irish Pub in a Viennese suburb. It is warm enough to sit outside Of course I don't think about Oud Satin Mood all the time, which I hardly notice on myself - at most a touch, when I move my head. I have to accept and unwrap presents, there is chatting, eating and drinking Guinness.
But from time to time it comes to me, this allegedly so stunning scent. But no one seems to notice it but me. Nobody wonders what it smells so good, nobody inquires about the perfume, nobody pays any compliments. Hello? The dark, square bottle has a sophisticated and noble appearance. However, its weight makes it less suitable for carrying in a handbag. Due to several descriptions of the fragrance as very durable and strong, I would never have thought that I would have to spray it. I don't have to do that with Oud from the house of Kurkdjian either.

I should perhaps note that I bought the fragrance in a reputable perfumery and it was originally wrapped in cellophane when I got it.
Well, you can be wrong. It's not my sense of smell. There are two men and two women at our table. The fifth one has to stand because the Corona regulation only allows 4 persons at one table and the landlord refuses to bring another chair with the words "Zahl'n Se mir de Straf'?! Of course it was a bit uncomfortable, but the gentlemen took turns with the standing room.
And the scent itself? Apart from the fact that it's obviously not as intense and strong as I read in some of the comments, it's pretty much the opposite of the Guerlain AA rose scents in my collection. That is to say, not as light, delicate and fruity as the rose scents that are currently in fashion.
Francis Kurkdjian dares to swim against the current once again. While the perfumers of leading houses have apparently decided that roses today have to smell fresh, green and discreet, Kurkdjian has enjoyed creating an unconventional rose scent that is not restrained or even shamefully hidden, but that gives roses back their majesty, so to speak. With him, roses are - still or again - full of power and delicate, velvety, but pleasantly dry sweetness.
Oud Satin Mood has something unconventionally intoxicating. From the very first moment. Here you can see fully bloomed, big red roses, which are allowed to make an impression. Accompanied by delicate violets and a very soft, cuddly and woody oud, which, I feel, "holds everything together beautifully" and surrounds it with warmth and softness.
The fragrance is silky, soft, powdery and - especially in the base - noble wood. The nuances unite to a dignified, exquisite work of art. In this sense, OSM is more of a linear fragrance, which is present from the very beginning. And when I mentioned the "base" earlier, it doesn't mean the end of a fragrance journey, but the foundation that underlies all other fragrances. I suppose that this delicate woody note is due to the Siamese benzoin, the resin of the tropical styrax trees, which gives off a lovely scent reminiscent of vanilla and chocolate.
The composition is so successful and harmonious that I cannot tell where vanilla begins and amber ends. But do you have to?
I don't want to trace the violets, which remain small and discreet here, according to my feeling.
I would still not describe OSM as a gourmet fragrance. The rose is too powerful for that. Anyone who knows Damascus roses knows that they only bloom once a year, in early summer. But they exude a fragrance that can only be called beguiling.
Damascus roses are an ancient rose species from Asia Minor. Crusaders brought them to Europe over 600 years ago. I don't mention this to show how well I can google, but because the scent makes you feel that it is a very old cultivated plant - at least that's what it seems to me. For me, this rose scent has a certain oriental flair in its opulence. I can well imagine that healing effects have always been attributed to this wonderful scent. Above all, it should bring mental and physical relaxation.

I also feel that somehow when I wear the perfume. There is something pleasantly soothing about the fragrance. No, it's not a sleeping pill, but it takes away the stress, that's how it seems to me. It is a fragrance for after work - not for hectic working hours or sports. You have to be ready for this scent. Be ready to give him the peace he needs to unfold in this heady way. It is a fine, sensual fragrance. Sensual but not necessarily in the sense of passionate or seductive, rather heavenly. It makes you float.

It's not a faint scent. It has a size that doesn't suit everyone, but it's never intrusive. It does not suit every occasion because it is very elegant and striking.
People who like to stay in the background are unlikely to reach for this fragrance. But I'm using clichés here, because, as I mentioned, nobody noticed OSM on me. From this I conclude that you can't wear this scent only at big festivities. Provided your personality fits OSM.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
Magical, warm, seductive and very rich , love it ❤️
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
A bright, yet creamy spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a solid sweet resinous-woody base. Good performance. Rather feminine.
LolusLolus 9 months ago
Oud is not the center of the fragance. It´s just one something else. And that´s the reason why it´s so soft and gentle rose-vanilla oud.
Salman2000Salman2000 11 months ago
anda menyukai oud satin mood ?
cobalah berkunjung di video saya
MeursaultMeursault 12 months ago
The oud is nowhere to be found but thanks god, because the rose-vanilla-violet combination is to die for. Sweet and silky. Outstanding.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
Is there any oud in this fragrance? Still, the vanilla and rose combination is out of this world. Love it!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Not one oud more. Clisé to scents like oud mood by lattafa, Mon precieux by note33 or black aoud by montale but with a fabulous quality!
XanthonXanthon 2 years ago
It's sweet first love, and very pleasant. Strongly unisex in my opinion, good for making great impressions!
Splashfrag12Splashfrag12 5 years ago
Yummilicious Comforting Oud Scent

by HsChen
by HsChen
by GilAroma
by GilAroma
by Jomvaf
by Jomvaf
Meine Kriegerin. Sie reißt mir fast den Kopf ab. Schiebt meinen Mund so heftig in ihren, dass es schmerzt. Eine Explosion sprengt all die dumpfen grauen Jahre hinweg zwischen dem Jetzt und dieser einen gleißenden Nacht, in der sie mir gehörte
by FrauLohse
by Herkules762
by Pinkdawn
by Pinkdawn
by DAV
MFK - Oud Satin Mood (70ml)
by DavidBn
by MecitK
by Grzesinek
by Grzesinek

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Ciel de Gum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian