Oud Satin Mood 2015 Eau de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 41 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum)

VioletViolet
Bulgarian damask roseBulgarian damask rose
Turkish damask rose absoluteTurkish damask rose absolute
Laotian oudLaotian oud
Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
AmberAmber
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 24.07.2021.

Marvin23
Lilac blossoms are gilded and sheathed with the finest lotus silk
"The perfumer fakes nature by mixing different kinds of materials to reproduce her scent."
~ Francis Kurkdjian

By subjective estimation, Francis seems to have consumed copious amounts of violas from a well-known confectionery manufacturer in Bonn, Germany, during his creation of a new masterpiece in the Rose Garden, which prepared him insane inspiration for this fragrance.

With a devastating expectation of being showered by pink Damascene roses, whose intensity already dazzles you visually, the intense smell of Violas, speak ravishing violet note overcame me.

Initially, I still noted fresh, green notes, until this bravura piece gradually wrapped itself in silk. The violet note and the vanilla are for me undoubtedly the dominant notes combined in the highest perfection, to which the roses join on the slightest basis, but remain barely perceptible.

After about 7 hours, it was a little quieter around the lilac flower and a rough tone carried by woody notes solidarizes with the sweet conglomerate, but from oud was missing any trace, but oud has even in low concentration, my feeling after a worthy place within the notes deserves, so I completed this experience with a touch of Oud Wood from the house of Tom Ford and I was in no way disappointed by my instincts.

The harmony from both is indescribable and amazingly good.

The sillage and longevity are stunning.
I myself had numerous hours (>9h) to spend with him and the house forged in purple envelopes.
The scent, as already detailed is associated for my part with the taste of violas, which are just as sticky and defy with intensity.
As a solo, but also in combination with the Oud Wood an exceptional and seductive experience.
Dzejmi
Silk, vanilla cream, night, engaging.
On my skin I only smell violet, rose, amber and vanilla out. I had hoped for a lot from the perfume, but after only one spray, it got up my nose so much that I found it stinky. Like I had been doused with it. I kept smelling it and had mixed feelings. It smelled like dark blue, creamy, vanilla silk but with a pungent undertone that made it stink to me. It fills an entire room, and in fact I find it so much more pleasant and 'yummy' 'in the room' than on my skin. 24 hours later I smelled it again on the test strip and the pungent note has given way, but I can't spend that kind of money on a scent I don't like until the next day. Bummer! Still looking for ~the~ MFK perfume ❣️
Jannes2105
Beautiful fragrance, sillage for me too stark
Hi everyone!

I am now also a little longer piece by piece dipped into the Nichenwelt of perfumes.
A good friend of mine had a bottling of MFK's Oud Satin Mood.
He did not like this one at all and so he gave me the rest of the bottling.
I was actually immediately enthusiastic about this fragrance, this rose oud combination is already really very successful. So I bought the 70ml bottle right away. In addition, it should be said that I also love it when perfumes are quite times a little more intrusive. With this one, however, it is somehow too crass even for me.
I have made a sprayer on it and our whole living room smells like the perfume.
It's really only wearable outside. It's really the first time I've actually "found fault" with such a strength of a fragrance.

All around, it is therefore a wonderful fragrance, which for me is just unfortunately a little too strong and intrusive.
Liquid satin
Hi there :)

I am new here in the perfume game and have ordered a few samples from the house Kurkdjian and some on my wrist later tested on the skin. It has taken but with many of these fragrances I could befriend. Interest has awakened with me from hearsay, (as probably with many others) the Baccarat Rouge after the second trying, (as with many others) like catnip on me.

Of OSM I have heard many things before: opera scent, sophisticated, not for everyone, rose scent, sultry, sweet, oppressive, performer. I was torn the now before bedtime to test.
Now I have yet dared also times to try this nice sweetheart, which has motivated me to write my first comment here:

I have not succeeded much in life and as cultivated I would not call me at all. But one thing I know. I will own this bottle although I do not earn much and make me from fragrances nich sooo much. I will soon go to sleep with this fragrance and a smile on my face. Knowing that such marvels exist. And I'm about to dive into deep, sweet, dark dreams and find a glorious future tomorrow :)

I Love You Francis Kurkjian, thank you for sharing your art with us. Even if at a conscience price but you should get something out of it.

Btw: I really try to distinguish the individual notes. Maybe it's because I'm still a beginner, but I can't for the life of me figure out what oud smells like. I've smelled almost all of MFK's OUD scents and wanted to know what it smells like because it's so controversial, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. What I do know is that I've liked every one of them so far so I guess I'm not averse. I'm open to your comments.

Greetings and good night -U- Your JuJU
Blind Buy
Yes it was a blind purchase, however I got such a good price, I had to strike :D with the fragrance I associate an art gallery exhibition in the evening in winter with a black turtleneck sweater and then a glass of red wine in front of the fireplace. The depth and dark rose paired with the voluminous amber makes it very heavy and deep. H and S are good. About 10 hours I notice it on my skin. The oud becomes very present after a few hours and also slightly animalic. Top rose oud fragrance and nix for younger audience

Ptsau
Best Oud Rose Combination!
My favorite from MFK besides Grand Soir. I usually don’t like rose fragrances since they usually are more feminine but this one is definitely unisex (I don’t like feminine fragrances). I loved at first sniff but I thought it maybe not easy to wear since it’s a beast in performance (last 12+ hours and sillage is 4 feet+. It’s strong but I wore one day and my husband said, ‘wow! You smell so good and the fragrance matches you so perfectly’. Then I love this one even more. Men can definitely wear that too. I wish I can make it my signature scent but it’s too strong. Hard for daily wear. Still one of my favorite in my collection.
First appearances are deceptive
My first comment starts right away with a funny story.
I received the fragrance first as a small sample to accompany an order.
When the perfume arrived, the samples were first tested and then I got this little blue bottle in my eye: "Oud Satin Mood" The fragrance of which I have read and heard only positive things At that time a colleague was with me and we wanted to go to a party later on.
Since I am someone who puts on a fragrance almost every day and my colleague forgot to put on his fragrance that day, he asked me if he could try one of my fragrances Since I had just received a few samples to my order, my idea was that we try one of these fragrances to wear that evening.
But since I had never smelled any of the samples myself and had only heard about them from stories/reviews, I suggested that we first test the scents on our wrists before applying a fragrance that we didn't like at all.
No sooner said than done, my colleague and I sprayed a spray of OSM on our wrists... "Omg what is that because it smells terrible!", we said almost at the same time, my colleague and went into the bathroom to wash the smell off his wrist He came back:" Boy this stuff doesn't go off my wrist anymore.
Since then, the scent was actually dead to me, but I gave it another chance and let the smell linger on my wrist.
In the course of the evening I smelled his wrist and strangely enough the more often I smelled him the more I seemed to like him.
This showed me that you can't write directly to a perfume, just because you don't like the first impression.
In the meantime, some time has passed and the fragrance has become part of my collection and in my opinion, as well as some of the previous speakers, it is perfectly suited for cooler days, as the fragrance is very heavy and sweet.
I even got some compliments for him in the last few days, which of course made me very happy.
I hope my first contribution is not access and I could entertain or help someone with it :)
Not for everyone
With me, it was a classic blind buy. With fragrances in this price range, I can only advise against such a purchase by anyone. Especially Oud Satin Mood. Not every man will like this fragrance and some will not understand the hype about it. With me it was different. It fascinated me the first time I applied it. It still does today. I have owned it for 3 years now.

The fragrance is very heavy in the air and a full load of rose comes out. It lasts very long and is also well perceived in the surroundings. It finds application with me at family celebrations or when eating out. I always feel carried away to wear it rather when I am together with older people than myself.

On my girlfriend, I don't like him that much. She makes him seem too old-fashioned. I love him in me. She agrees with me, by the way. That doesn't mean it doesn't work with women. I find it better on men. Although I'm sure it's one of the more feminine scents for men. It brings back memories of the parties I've just described. Of days gone by and beautiful moments. This is not only due to my limbic system but also to the scent character of OSM.
Can96
Minimalist & emotional chaos in the head
After my ordered sample some time ago, I have of course spread the scent nicely throughout the office. It's a long shot & I only sprayed 3 times, the whole office and hallway smelled like the beautiful satin mood. The Bulgarian Damascene Rose stings your nose immediately and it has an almost calming effect :D

After this already surprising side effect, I sprayed it on my vest, & I must say that the durability is unbeatable! I put my vest in the trunk & after about 5 days I used it again and took it out, when I took it in my hand, a sweet, woody OUD scent was stealing into my nose, because the satin mood was directly in my mind !

All in all, I can only recommend this fragrance even for OUD skeptics

- top minimalistic typical Maison bottle
- top durability
- top Sillage
- top Scent
- horny, horny, horny
Nour38
...not polished, just satinized...
For all those who like extravagance on a high level and fragrances with complexity - here you are in the right place.

The bottle
With corners and edges

The Opening
While third parties immediately expect intoxication from a distance, the wearer of this fragrance must be patient.
Not a highlight, hopefully the first minutes will go by faster. You know this little culprit? It doesn't really matter. We'll give him the development time.

The heart note
Hits the hearts ❤. The very great and rounded composition of rose and oud comes to the fore.
Breathe a sigh of relief, the weighty scent of the opening fortunately does not remain.

The base note
The floral, woody, spicy and sweet notes are combined. The fragrance is more a gentle representative of oud, but I hear this positively. MFK has spoken its last word in the fragrance pyramid.

The Sillage
Above average. Nobody's gonna see you over. You will be surrounded by a sensual aura that moves with the times
The shelf life
With two sprays you can successfully get through the day.
With three sprays you are still the most fragrant pretty boy in the evening.

The balance sheet
Coherent, this scent.
It's infatuating how I was able to learn A masterpiece.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 month ago
Strong, dirty rose opening gives way to a powdery vanilla and sharp benzoin over time. I wish the rose stayed prominent. Prefer Extrait.
PalmbeachPalmbeach 4 months ago
Beautiful perfume - very pleasant, I enjoy this perfume
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
I am usually not very fond of scents with a dominant rose but this one is wonderful. The drydown is so alluring, rose, benzoin and vanilla.
Herkules762Herkules762 6 months ago
♛The ultimate king of perfumes♛
Finerthings8Finerthings8 10 months ago
Magical ! warm, seductive and very rich , love it ❤️
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 11 months ago
A bright, yet creamy spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a solid sweet resinous-woody base. Good performance. Rather feminine.
LolusLolus 1 year ago
Oud is not the center of the fragance. It´s just one something else. And that´s the reason why it´s so soft and gentle rose-vanilla oud.
Salman2000Salman2000 1 year ago
anda menyukai oud satin mood ?
cobalah berkunjung di video saya
MeursaultMeursault 1 year ago
The oud is nowhere to be found but thanks god, because the rose-vanilla-violet combination is to die for. Sweet and silky. Outstanding.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Is there any oud in this fragrance? Still, the vanilla and rose combination is out of this world. Love it!

by GilAroma
by GilAroma
by HsChen
by HsChen
by Jomvaf
by Jomvaf
Meine Kriegerin. Sie reißt mir fast den Kopf ab. Schiebt meinen Mund so heftig in ihren, dass es schmerzt. Eine Explosion sprengt all die dumpfen grauen Jahre hinweg zwischen dem Jetzt und dieser einen gleißenden Nacht, in der sie mir gehörte
by FrauLohse
by Realm8
by DavidBraz
by DavidBraz
by WiB
Work from home with satin mood
by MariaS
by Mina33
by Mina33
by Meinesonne85
by Meinesonne85
by DAV
MFK - Oud Satin Mood (70ml)
by DavidBn
by GorD
by MecitK
by MecitK

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian À la Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian