Oud Satin Mood (2015) Eau de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Violet, Bulgarian damask rose, Turkish damask rose absolute, Laotian oud, Benzoin siam, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 02.12.2019.

10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Basti87
A masterpiece and performance monster
MFK is one of my favourite brands. You simply get a lot of quality and at prices that are fair for niche markets. Especially on the Internet. Beside Amyris Homme and Lumiere Noire this is the 3rd of this brand in my collection. What's for sure: Some will follow.
As far as a test was concerned, I've avoided it for a long time. For me, Oud is a note that should not be missing in a versatile collection. It's not my favorite note, but it's a beautiful unique note. Since I already own few Oud fragrances my need is rather covered. Fortunately, a small bottling nevertheless made its way into the shopping basket, because this fragrance is more satin mood than oud. This fragrance rightly has these high ratings, even in performance. Also many owners are indicated here. In any case a fragrance that enriches the collection very much, especially in the colder season.

I tested it about 1 year ago and was immediately enthusiastic. He kind of has that special something. A scent that you just smell and rave about. As the bottling was more and more tending towards the end I wondered if I should buy it. At this price you think twice, of course, especially since it is much more expensive than the usual MFKs (but this is quite understandable). In many shops you pay more than 200, but 2 months ago I found an offer for about 150, where I definitely had to strike. Qualitatively, but also a fragrance that is worth over 200 euros, also thanks to great performance. In addition you get a noble carton with a noble familiar MFK bottle. This is a beautiful dark bottle that has a slightly violet touch in the light. In addition a noble golden cover and golden writing. Great.
The pyramid shows well in which direction the scent goes. The fragrance is floral with rose and violet, sweet and gentle with vanilla, benzoin and amber. In addition a not too violent Oud note, which provides rather in the background for an oriental Vibe. It doesn't sound very unusual, but it smells unique and pleasant during your own test.
From the first second you smell a stylish and elegant rose-violet mixture. He simply has this special vibe, which you don't find in the normal standard scents. For me a typical Kurkdjian, who doesn't play around with too many notes and has simply found a stylish harmonic combination here. Also the Siam-Benzoe, which also plays a big role in Grand Soir, provides a gentle touch. The oud is not too stinging or opulent and therefore it is more satin mood than oud.
A great fragrance development is not to be found here. Only the "base" lasts longer with amber and vanilla. It remains a very sweet smell in the last hours. Despite the sweetness a stylish companion that simply has a nice warming touch.
All in all for me a perfect outdoor scent for the cold season. Especially in wet cold or icy cold weather it convinces with a lot of warmth and a cuddly warming vibe. There will be extremely few people who will not like this fragrance at all. He just has that certain something. For everyday use, as a signature or in warm weather, however, this fragrance is too lush and heavy. In my opinion, this fragrance is perfect for intimate, cozy hours like dating, a cozy evening on the couch and all other adendliche/nightly activities. From Sexappeal there are better scents, but he has just something romantic and cuddly.
Of course, this world-class performance must also be mentioned. This belongs to the absolute Champions League of fragrances. Especially at the beginning the Sillage is very lush. For many occasions fast too much. For indoor occasions it is advisable to use sparingly. After 3-4 hours the Sillage becomes pleasant and stays well above very close. The durability is perfect with far 10 hours. One should have desire on the smell, since this remains extremely long.

In the statements he is often described as feminine or rather in a feminine direction. For me it is 100% unisex, because this fragrance is simply beautiful and I can not assign sex to it. Conservative people would perhaps see this more feminine. In today's scent world definitely unisex. In the pyramid there is also no note for me, which I see alone as a feminine note. The base may be a little sweeter, but it's within bounds.

All in all for me a masterpiece, which can be worn wonderfully in winter and will attract positive attention with most. Just because of this uniqueness. An enrichment for every fragrance collection. With this performance there is also no need for Extrait de Parfum, which is also available for even higher prices.
7.0 9.0 9.0 4.5/10

Not my cup of Oud ... and Rose
Almost solemnly I received the new bottlings on Saturday and immediately dedicated myself to the first of Maison Francis Kurkdjian: Oud Satin Mood ...
I was really excited about this smell. Maybe too excited? Expectations too high? No, I was already extremely excited about other fragrances.
So devoutly two light spüher applied and curiously sniffed at ...
Well, what can I say ... I didn't like this sweet-pludgy-floral combination of oud and rose at first sight, nor did I like it later on. On the contrary ... it was just exhausting and unpleasant.
Insanely sweet and flowery-powdery, Oud and Rose suffocate each other. Or together me?
The whole thing has in its penetrance some of that sweetish-foully smell of bracken flower water.
I find the smell neither feminine nor unisex nor masculine ... i find it old and intrusive.
Of course this is only my feeling and maybe I am - as far as this fragrance is concerned - just a disdainful philistine. To each his own ... live and let live ...
Unfortunately he doesn't get a place in my collection ... i now hope for "Grand Soir" and "Masculine Pluriel".
7.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Not one oud more
When i first tried It: this is just one oud/rose more but for an astronómico price... But not... This is not only one oud more... The opening is very close to other ouds like, for example, oud mood by lattafa but the dry down is just wonderful. It is a faboulous rose mixed with all the sweet and Woody notes. For me is more like black aoud by montale or even like Mon orecieux by note 33 bacause of the oud from Laos and the sweetness of the rose. The performance is great. So... Worths It really the price? I dont know... There are in the market similar option for a fracción of the price but at the same time here you can find a very good quality and a very natural smell so... Its Up to you...
9.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

DerDefcon
I'm not sure about you ...
I think I've said it often enough - be it in my comments or in the forum. The MFK series has aroused my curiosity and one filling after another is currently following. I already tested "APOM pour homme", the "Lumiére Noire pour homme", "Amyris Homme" and "Grand Soir", which I became more and more fond of. Except for the latter, I liked them all quite well. "Amyris homme" was too ordinary for me, measured against his own claim to be a niche - just something fresh that doesn't piss anyone off and doesn't do anything wrong. I also liked "APOM pour homme" quite well with its dusty and dirty floweriness and knew how to impress with a very good durability as well as Sillage and this, although we are dealing here with an Eau de Toilette. Lumiere Noire pour homme" is also of excellent quality, whose fragrance components have shone with incredible authenticity, always complementing each other, playing with each other and alternating. In the meantime, the spicy-green rose water has developed into a potential purchase candidate, which could be used for autumn or spring, i.e. when it is not yet bitingly cold. Taken by Kurkdjian's product line, the souk with the need for another winter fragrance to complement my "Prada L'Homme Intense" was also ordered "Grand Soir", which, at least for me personally, revealed itself to be a flop. The medical grade was absolutely unbearable for me. My search for a second winter fragrance - a little change is desirable - continued and so I couldn't avoid ordering one of the most popular Kurkdjian fragrances for bottling, namely "Oud Satin Mood" - another rose fragrance. Whether I also like him as well as the somewhat lighter "Lumiére Noire pour home"?

"Oud Satin Mood" begins with an infusion of roses that ram their thorns firmly into the skin of their wearer and try to flood the entire room with an incredible presence. I can't avoid a comparison with "Lumiére Noire pour homme", which was able to impress with a dark, mystical and above all masculine rose. The roses in my now potential winter candidate are of Bulgarian and Turkish origin and have a completely different effect on me. If the rose in "Lumiére" (I don't always write the complete name of the fragrance in :D) appeared with a certain mysticism and an automatically accompanying adulthood, our multicultural rose brew in "Oud Satin Mood" is rather youthful in nature. This nature can be regarded as a nature of joy that comes across as bright, sweet and berry and seems to take itself less seriously. I therefore recommend to apply the scent about an hour before leaving the house, because this enormous sweetness in combination with more than sufficient projection could olfactorily kill one or the other contemporary. Perhaps a diabetic sitting next to you will also feel the need to chase a double dose of insulin into his stomach. But let's get a little more serious.

The sweetness is slightly tamed after about an hour. I hear a subtle, somewhat bitter woody oud note that somewhat damps the rosy temperament. However, it seems like the slightly overstrained, single mother, who lets her children dance her nose around - striving, but powerless. As someone who works in retail, I can say, on the basis of numerous observations, that she is the one who tries to bring her children to raison d'être in the shop, but doesn't make it, while the two brats hide in our furniture and turn the mattresses into trampolines. The guardian is present, but somehow you don't really notice anything about her, as the focus is completely on her brats.
But now back to something more serious. After all, this should not be an all-round blow against single mothers or fathers.

If a parent is overwhelmed until they drop, who's coming? Exactly... right. I'm talking about Child Protective Services. Oops, now I've done it again ...
So the Youth Welfare Office ... uhh ... the Siam-Benzoe now manages together with the Oud to bring our two roses back to the ground. It's kind of weird. In Kurkdjian's "Grand Soir" this tropical resin was also contained and this medically balsamic was quite on my nerves, but here it nestles together with the oud around our roses and stays pleasantly in the background. It's there, it's audible, but it's always subtle. The so berry-sweet and thus somehow superficially appearing rose duo reaches an increasing maturity. The vanilla that starts in the drydown gives him even more depth, without the oud and benzoin defused twitchiness again, which suits me very well. In order to experience this development, however, it is of enormous importance to give the fragrance sufficient time. He may know how to overtax one or the other over a certain period of time. Perhaps there will also be a need to remove the youthful roses from the wrist, which - so much may be said - will turn out to be a challenge, but in the end you are faced with a rose composition tamed by benzoin, vanilla and oud, which is good, which lasts for a long time, of which everyone in your environment will notice something, but which in its scent character for me does not come close to the more mature "Lumiére Noire pour homme"
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

BriocheNoir
Oud & Rose can harmonize well!
At least this was my first thought when I first sniffed at my wrist after spraying on this "scent bomb". Yes, this perfume is strong, but the interplay of Oud & Rose is just good here and the violet gives the certain kick. I don't perceive the benzoin so strongly, but that's a good thing. I don't think the fragrance is as complex as many people think, but the elegance and harmony are clearly to be emphasized here. The noble rose, the cool & distant violet and the not medically or fecally correcting oud play great here and deliver a great result! MFK has once again managed to convince. Guuuut.
9.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Warm & cuddly full of vanilla & delight
This is the first oud I smell.
I still don't know exactly how this legendary eaglewood smells like that.
But I know violets and benzoes very well and I also recognize them when I spray on the perfume.
So, now enchant me, Oud Satin Mood.

The prelude for me is first of all flowery-fruity and fills my head completely with the color light orange. I associate it with fresh apricots, a powdery cool violet on a spicy-warm bed of benzoin and a note that must be oud.
It'll take a while for the rose to show. But when it comes, it's like a fully blossoming nectar rose, sweet and sensually deafening. The scent is no longer orange and bright, but dark red, blood red Finally, vanilla joins in and envelops all the other scents in its warmth and comfort, so intense that the other notes briefly disappear. The scent becomes even darker and no longer red, more like a dark wood brown.

How exactly the scent smells changes periodically for me, the scents alternate in their intensity, sometimes there is more of one, sometimes more of the other. The fragrance is very pleasantly cuddly, creamy and harmonious. From time to time I smell minimal medical echoes, like eucalyptus.

I feel transported into a fantasy world as you sometimes see it in dreams, a dense jungle with foggy lights that rise and fall, a forest with huge trees whose foliage is so dense that you can't see the sky. Lianas hang down everywhere, everything is networked through them, the jungle a single organism. The air glows and pulsates like magic, the sky is dark, but the plants and insects produce their own lights that surround them. The night is filled with life, you can hear birds twittering and humming from huge insects. The fragrant vanilla trees grow in this jungle. They are gnarled and old, from their bark spicy resin emerges in several places. They are not too high, have broadly notched, matt shimmering blue-green leaves. And now they are in full bloom, now they fill the whole night with their sweet vanilla-creamy nectar scent. The glowing night butterflies and a bunch of eagerly nibbling hummingbirds gather around the tree.

Anosmia
Solid fragrance for your first date
Somebody once described Hypnotic Poison as the perfect scent for an affair-opener, I would say this trophy should actually go to Oud Satin Mood. And not necessarily only for affairs, the message here is not so clear
The previous speakers have already said it: Eccentric experiments or inspiring developments shouldn't be expected here, my mother, who would probably get along great and almost blind with Terra when shopping for a fragrance, found it "beautiful", but also quite boring and not very creative, I think "too round" were her exact words
But so far everybody likes it, without exception, the first criterion of a good date scent, because something more daring undoubtedly seems more charismatic, but can also completely deter spontaneously.
So far nobody could smell big notes, except for the vanilla, around which everything is orchestrated or gives it a direction - deep, not squeaky, probably by the oud, which never gets through here. So maximum came "delicious vanilla", otherwise only mmmmh and oooohh.

But Oud Satin Mood is not a sultry panty dropper or that which is commonly understood as panty dropper. Also rather pleasant-beautiful-cuddly than erotic. And if it's erotic, it's not loud. Not at all shrill.

This pleasantly for itself smelling darkened sweetness does not come along also with slight overdosage with manslaughter silage. Anyway, on my skin the perfume has a pretty close radius, especially after the first half hour.
But with an extremely long shelf life. Just as 3 Weather Taffeta supposedly never lets wind, rain and sun bring it out of its coolness, Oud Satin Mood keeps pub smoke, rain and long nights undamaged It still smells after waking up and gets stuck in the pillows.

It's established itself now: When that smell comes out of my room, somebody in my flat shouts, "You got a date!"
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

Oud Satin Mood by MFK
Fragrances fro Maison Francis Kurkdjian have been a little hit and miss with me when I have tried them. So when I tried this one initially, my expectations were tempered. Here are my thoughts on camera.

9.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

my favorite fragrance, 10/10
One of the scents that absolutely knocked me out when I first wore it. It just smells so sweet, luxurious, delicious, sexy, complex ... Performance is the best of all my perfumes. 10/10. My girlfriend would make me the best, but he's not too feminine. Best unisex scent I know. Extrait de Parfum version is unnecessary because it is much more expensive and this one already has a monster performance.

optimal situation: in the cold season for date, going out or special occasions and smartly dressed.

In my opinion, the price is absolutely worth it, especially since you only need half a spray, at most 2 sprays.

sweet, candy-sweet
My sample is an extrait de parfum.
The perfume opens with a geranium accord, a violet touch and a cinnamon trace. All these wonderful smells are linked together with a red bow soaked in oud. Later, the violet becomes more remarkable and the composition gets a bitter touch. All the sweetness from the opening begins to lose ground and gets a little bit puffy. The fragrance remains very sweet but is now more bearable. A jammy rose makes its presence felt more and more. It is its turn to fill the scene. The composition remains like that for quite a time. It stretches on the skin and conquer it with its sweetness. An endless sweetness that makes you think of childhood, sweets and cotton candy; no worries, no problems, just sugar. This is ‘oud satin mood’ for me.
By the end, when everything starts to get lost, notes of vanilla and amber appear. They give to the composition a creamy, sticky facet, as a candy filling. I wanted to eat it, not smell it.
Projection is good and longevity is above average. It remained an entire day on my skin.
So, if you like oud and you want to smell sweet, sweet, candy-sweet, try it.
7.5 10.0 10.0/10

Vanilla-centric Oud
At first, I did not like Satin mood at all, preferring the somewhat safe combination of rose and oud in Silk mood. But when I tried it again, it impressed me. The opening is a definite vanilla bomb, only it is not too sweet. The oud is not dark but a little bit dirty which suits the vanilla just fine. I do get some spices and slight resins but absolutely no rose nor violet, which is fine by me. This smells a lot like Zafeer but not as synthetic. Smooth and wearable, the sillage is not as strong as Silk but still gets the job done.

Rose Violet Oud
Another fabric – satin enters MFK’s fabric collection beside silk, cashmere and velvet, one of the most creative fragrance collection featuring oud.
The perfume has an unusual opening for an oud composition: candied violets that will turn a bit powdery and vanilla which, together with oud, is accompanying a bouquet of different roses.
These roses melted in soft vanilla with a powdery violet note have the echo of several other rose/violet perfume: FM’s Lipstick Rose and YSL ‘ Paris.

Satin Mood has on one hand the collection’s DNA but, on the other hand, it’s miles away from Cashmere or Velvet Mood being soft and feminine, a flowery sweet oud with some make up traces giving a comforting feeling. Compared with the rest in spite of the fact that is named Oud Satin Mood oud is not the guest star, the leading role was given to vanilla roses.
As the fragrance evolves in the drydown the roses start to pale in favor of vanilla, benzoin and powdery oud. Francis Kurkdjan succeeded once again a brilliant interpretation of oud in an original manner.
With a very good longevity, more than 8 hours and a beautiful silage that gets a lot of compliments Satin Mood is a must try even if you are not (yet) fan of oud fragrances.

JoaoMartins 8 days ago
Is there any oud in this fragrance? Still, the vanilla and rose combination is out of this world. Love it!+1
Emorandeira 117 days ago
Not one oud more. Clisé to scents like oud mood by lattafa, Mon precieux by note33 or black aoud by montale but with a fabulous quality!
Xanthon 12 months ago
It's sweet first love, and very pleasant. Strongly unisex in my opinion, good for making great impressions!+2
Splashfrag12 3 years ago

by Mustafa
by Dalma
by Dalma

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian féminin Pluriel (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia by Maison Francis Kurkdjian