Oud Satin Mood (2015)Eau de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Top 18 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Violet, Bulgarian damask rose, Turkish damask rose absolute, Laotian oud, Benzoin siam, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 04.04.2020.

Renatapleth
Perfect combination of rose and oud!
Another perfect fragrance creation from the talented Maison Francis Kurkdjian! I could not live without this fragrance, since the first smell it has been one of my top favourites!

For me this fragrance is a perfection and a perfect start for all those who have never worn an oud perfume before or are perhaps sceptical about it. To be honest, you can only smell the oud in this one very slightly.

For me it smells almost a little sour at first, but in a very pleasant dose, which pushes the sweetness of the rose a little in the shade and makes it ideal for men to wear. Nevertheless, this perfume is about roses with a slight undertone of wooden tones, wonderfully sweet and at the same time tart.

But you should be very careful with the dosage, because it projects very strongly, which I love, but for others it can happen very easily, very strongly. The durability is just as easy Unbeatable, on clothes it simply lasts forever and on the skin at least 8 hours, while you can smell yourself all day long!

Oud Satin Mood (Lychee?)
Oud Satin Mood was a massive surprise for me. I'm an oud rookie, so I was a bit weary, but than again I love rose, so I figured I might like this. Straight from the opening this blew me away and the scent was nothing like I imagined it to be. To me Oud Satin Mood clearly smells like lychee, or to be more specific, a sweetened lychee product, like the jelly pudding cups I used to get from the Asian market. I guess it's the combination of vanilla, rose and violet in here that gives it that scent. At first I mainly smelled it in the air, and I got a bit more wood on my skin, so I expected it to fade away quickly. The opposite happened, for hours I got the slightly soapy and jammy lychee from my skin as well. If there is oud in this, it's pretty much hidden, because the fruity floral note is really strong and it projects far for quite a while (this is the Eau de Parfum variant). I absolutely loved it from start to finish. The only downside is the sweetness, which combined with the projection, makes this a bit harder to wear in certain situations. Very much unisex, but as much as I love it, I think it's probably better on women. I'd have to give this more wears, but this could very well beat out Grand Soir to become my favorite Maison Francis Kurkdjian so far.

Dark red velvetoud
Dark red velvetoud. All right. Satin, if you like. Glamorous appearance, barely scraping past a gourmet note, remains on the tart and sweet side. Perfectly shaped bow, danceable, revelling, suitable for ballrooms, also for the Sillage. Lasts until the next morning of course. If you can't behave yourself, that's bad luck.

Salman2000
a very unique and sweet smell
wow this smells very sweet and unique
it smells like rose candy dipped in sugar water with vanilla and aloes.
oud satin mood edp has a beast mode performance on my skin
I used to use this 12 spray when inside the house and 16 spray when I was outside the house / out of the house. This perfume can last 12 hours on my skin with a 2 meter sillage

Charm
If the concept of "charm" were a perfume, I think it would be Oud Satin Mood.
I already love the oud-rose combination, and when this combination is accompanied by vanilla, it turns out to be a really inedible perfume:)
Oud Satin Mood also has a powdery side, I think it's violets It is definitely a perfume that can be used in cold weather. I only use it in the evening, it can be used in the morning and evening when the weather gets a little colder.
The performance is incredible. +Plus 20 hours on my skin. His sillage is very loud; it shouts : I am always here.
Oud Satin Mood looks beautiful on men and women. It fits the person wearing it.

Van Gogh's pastose application of paint or: Islands of uniqueness
I was - I've already mentioned it somewhere - at the big Van Gogh special exhibition at the Städel in Frankfurt the day before yesterday: "Making van Gogh". I got this wonderful day as a birthday present and was incredibly looking forward to it. I must perhaps say that I have never been a particular fan of Van Gogh, but I was absolutely willing to deal with him completely on that day and get to the bottom of his secret, because the opportunity of such a huge exhibition of his works from dozens of cities is hardly ever given. (And you can't always afford such an exhibition: My girlfriend asked for two February tickets for the Leonardo exhibition in the Louvre. Cost: 760 euros. What a pity...)
Which fragrance could have been more suitable for this special day than my wonderful Oud Satin Mood?
Ever since I acquired it here, I have cherished it like a very precious jewel. That is the bottle alone: the simple shape of the cube, dyed deep blue and yet transparent, concealing yet revealing, the golden, fine lettering drawn like a signature and finally the noble, golden cap. This flacon lies as wonderfully heavy and precious in the hand as a gold bar.
When I opened it when he arrived, the smell was very cold due to the weather conditions and I didn't like it at all. Of course, I had been advised against this here, but I wanted to try the effect of cold on the scent. Note: resins obviously unfold very well (I would have expected the opposite), oud too. Flowery ones, however, not at all. The scent could indeed only unfold in all its beauty when it had reached room temperature. But then... incredible. Incredible beauty in a precious bottle. A scented poem to save up for the special occasions in life. To let special and extraordinary things come together and thus to potentiate them.
"Making Van Gogh" is a wonderful exhibition. Absolutely interesting is the examination of the pastose application of colour, the individual local colouring, the still impressionistic capture of light with a decidedly expressionistic intention. Looking closely, one suddenly understands so much about this exceptional painter, who is difficult to classify in one style, but who has influenced so many artists. Didactically very convincing, the Städel shows not only those who were inspired by him but then found their own way, such as Jawlensky or the Brücke, but also those who imitated him in complete reverence. Fascinating for us: although we ourselves are no artists, we were able to distinguish a real van Gogh from a fake one from a distance of ten metres. Where the latter tries to emphasize certain parts of his painting by means of pastose phases, the latter presses the color over the entire surface of the picture in horizontal movements of centimeters thickness. Not to understand how much art and imitation differ.
It's the same with Oud Satin Mood. When at the beginning the delicate flowers unfold, the rose with its own expressiveness becomes more and more dominant, and yet the perfectly harmonious oud already gently shimmers through, then you sense that you have a great fragrance in front of you. The connection that Oud and Amber form exudes this soft, wavy, resinous-woody softness in which the roses are embedded, as if they had found a home after a long search. Only a hint of vanilla appears every now and then and gives the composition a delicate sweetness, but remains so hidden in the background that one would hardly expect it to be. All in all, the individual fragrances sway with each other in a wonderful, well-balanced rhythm, creating a fragrance that is so individual that I can't compare it to anything else. From individual parts something completely new whole is created, which claims its own place. Not Rose plus Oud plus Amber plus Vanilla, but Oud Satin Mood. For me, this fragrance is a beautiful work of art, inimitable and unique, and in this respect it is without doubt an absolutely appropriate scent to visit the unique Van Gogh

Basti87
A masterpiece and performance monster
MFK is one of my favourite brands. You simply get a lot of quality and at prices that are fair for niche markets. Especially on the Internet. Beside Amyris Homme and Lumiere Noire this is the 3rd of this brand in my collection. What's for sure: Some will follow.
As far as a test was concerned, I've avoided it for a long time. For me, Oud is a note that should not be missing in a versatile collection. It's not my favorite note, but it's a beautiful unique note. Since I already own few Oud fragrances my need is rather covered. Fortunately, a small bottling nevertheless made its way into the shopping basket, because this fragrance is more satin mood than oud. This fragrance rightly has these high ratings, even in performance. Also many owners are indicated here. In any case a fragrance that enriches the collection very much, especially in the colder season.

I tested it about 1 year ago and was immediately enthusiastic. He kind of has that special something. A scent that you just smell and rave about. As the bottling was more and more tending towards the end I wondered if I should buy it. At this price you think twice, of course, especially since it is much more expensive than the usual MFKs (but this is quite understandable). In many shops you pay more than 200, but 2 months ago I found an offer for about 150, where I definitely had to strike. Qualitatively, but also a fragrance that is worth over 200 euros, also thanks to great performance. In addition you get a noble carton with a noble familiar MFK bottle. This is a beautiful dark bottle that has a slightly violet touch in the light. In addition a noble golden cover and golden writing. Great.
The pyramid shows well in which direction the scent goes. The fragrance is floral with rose and violet, sweet and gentle with vanilla, benzoin and amber. In addition a not too violent Oud note, which provides rather in the background for an oriental Vibe. It doesn't sound very unusual, but it smells unique and pleasant during your own test.
From the first second you smell a stylish and elegant rose-violet mixture. He simply has this special vibe, which you don't find in the normal standard scents. For me a typical Kurkdjian, who doesn't play around with too many notes and has simply found a stylish harmonic combination here. Also the Siam-Benzoe, which also plays a big role in Grand Soir, provides a gentle touch. The oud is not too stinging or opulent and therefore it is more satin mood than oud.
A great fragrance development is not to be found here. Only the "base" lasts longer with amber and vanilla. It remains a very sweet smell in the last hours. Despite the sweetness a stylish companion that simply has a nice warming touch.
All in all for me a perfect outdoor scent for the cold season. Especially in wet cold or icy cold weather it convinces with a lot of warmth and a cuddly warming vibe. There will be extremely few people who will not like this fragrance at all. He just has that certain something. For everyday use, as a signature or in warm weather, however, this fragrance is too lush and heavy. In my opinion, this fragrance is perfect for intimate, cozy hours like dating, a cozy evening on the couch and all other adendliche/nightly activities. From Sexappeal there are better scents, but he has just something romantic and cuddly.
Of course, this world-class performance must also be mentioned. This belongs to the absolute Champions League of fragrances. Especially at the beginning the Sillage is very lush. For many occasions fast too much. For indoor occasions it is advisable to use sparingly. After 3-4 hours the Sillage becomes pleasant and stays well above very close. The durability is perfect with far 10 hours. One should have desire on the smell, since this remains extremely long.

In the statements he is often described as feminine or rather in a feminine direction. For me it is 100% unisex, because this fragrance is simply beautiful and I can not assign sex to it. Conservative people would perhaps see this more feminine. In today's scent world definitely unisex. In the pyramid there is also no note for me, which I see alone as a feminine note. The base may be a little sweeter, but it's within bounds.

All in all for me a masterpiece, which can be worn wonderfully in winter and will attract positive attention with most. Just because of this uniqueness. An enrichment for every fragrance collection. With this performance there is also no need for Extrait de Parfum, which is also available for even higher prices.

Not my cup of Oud ... and Rose
Almost solemnly I received the new bottlings on Saturday and immediately dedicated myself to the first of Maison Francis Kurkdjian: Oud Satin Mood ...
I was really excited about this smell. Maybe too excited? Expectations too high? No, I was already extremely excited about other fragrances.
So devoutly two light spüher applied and curiously sniffed at ...
Well, what can I say ... I didn't like this sweet-pludgy-floral combination of oud and rose at first sight, nor did I like it later on. On the contrary ... it was just exhausting and unpleasant.
Insanely sweet and flowery-powdery, Oud and Rose suffocate each other. Or together me?
The whole thing has in its penetrance some of that sweetish-foully smell of bracken flower water.
I find the smell neither feminine nor unisex nor masculine ... i find it old and intrusive.
Of course this is only my feeling and maybe I am - as far as this fragrance is concerned - just a disdainful philistine. To each his own ... live and let live ...
Unfortunately he doesn't get a place in my collection ... i now hope for "Grand Soir" and "Masculine Pluriel".

Not one oud more
When i first tried It: this is just one oud/rose more but for an astronómico price... But not... This is not only one oud more... The opening is very close to other ouds like, for example, oud mood by lattafa but the dry down is just wonderful. It is a faboulous rose mixed with all the sweet and Woody notes. For me is more like black aoud by montale or even like Mon orecieux by note 33 bacause of the oud from Laos and the sweetness of the rose. The performance is great. So... Worths It really the price? I dont know... There are in the market similar option for a fracción of the price but at the same time here you can find a very good quality and a very natural smell so... Its Up to you...

DerDefcon
I'm not sure about you ...
I think I've said it often enough - be it in my comments or in the forum. The MFK series has aroused my curiosity and one filling after another is currently following. I already tested "APOM pour homme", the "Lumiére Noire pour homme", "Amyris Homme" and "Grand Soir", which I became more and more fond of. Except for the latter, I liked them all quite well. "Amyris homme" was too ordinary for me, measured against his own claim to be a niche - just something fresh that doesn't piss anyone off and doesn't do anything wrong. I also liked "APOM pour homme" quite well with its dusty and dirty floweriness and knew how to impress with a very good durability as well as Sillage and this, although we are dealing here with an Eau de Toilette. Lumiere Noire pour homme" is also of excellent quality, whose fragrance components have shone with incredible authenticity, always complementing each other, playing with each other and alternating. In the meantime, the spicy-green rose water has developed into a potential purchase candidate, which could be used for autumn or spring, i.e. when it is not yet bitingly cold. Taken by Kurkdjian's product line, the souk with the need for another winter fragrance to complement my "Prada L'Homme Intense" was also ordered "Grand Soir", which, at least for me personally, revealed itself to be a flop. The medical grade was absolutely unbearable for me. My search for a second winter fragrance - a little change is desirable - continued and so I couldn't avoid ordering one of the most popular Kurkdjian fragrances for bottling, namely "Oud Satin Mood" - another rose fragrance. Whether I also like him as well as the somewhat lighter "Lumiére Noire pour home"?

"Oud Satin Mood" begins with an infusion of roses that ram their thorns firmly into the skin of their wearer and try to flood the entire room with an incredible presence. I can't avoid a comparison with "Lumiére Noire pour homme", which was able to impress with a dark, mystical and above all masculine rose. The roses in my now potential winter candidate are of Bulgarian and Turkish origin and have a completely different effect on me. If the rose in "Lumiére" (I don't always write the complete name of the fragrance in :D) appeared with a certain mysticism and an automatically accompanying adulthood, our multicultural rose brew in "Oud Satin Mood" is rather youthful in nature. This nature can be regarded as a nature of joy that comes across as bright, sweet and berry and seems to take itself less seriously. I therefore recommend to apply the scent about an hour before leaving the house, because this enormous sweetness in combination with more than sufficient projection could olfactorily kill one or the other contemporary. Perhaps a diabetic sitting next to you will also feel the need to chase a double dose of insulin into his stomach. But let's get a little more serious.

The sweetness is slightly tamed after about an hour. I hear a subtle, somewhat bitter woody oud note that somewhat damps the rosy temperament. However, it seems like the slightly overstrained, single mother, who lets her children dance her nose around - striving, but powerless. As someone who works in retail, I can say, on the basis of numerous observations, that she is the one who tries to bring her children to raison d'être in the shop, but doesn't make it, while the two brats hide in our furniture and turn the mattresses into trampolines. The guardian is present, but somehow you don't really notice anything about her, as the focus is completely on her brats.
But now back to something more serious. After all, this should not be an all-round blow against single mothers or fathers.

If a parent is overwhelmed until they drop, who's coming? Exactly... right. I'm talking about Child Protective Services. Oops, now I've done it again ...
So the Youth Welfare Office ... uhh ... the Siam-Benzoe now manages together with the Oud to bring our two roses back to the ground. It's kind of weird. In Kurkdjian's "Grand Soir" this tropical resin was also contained and this medically balsamic was quite on my nerves, but here it nestles together with the oud around our roses and stays pleasantly in the background. It's there, it's audible, but it's always subtle. The so berry-sweet and thus somehow superficially appearing rose duo reaches an increasing maturity. The vanilla that starts in the drydown gives him even more depth, without the oud and benzoin defused twitchiness again, which suits me very well. In order to experience this development, however, it is of enormous importance to give the fragrance sufficient time. He may know how to overtax one or the other over a certain period of time. Perhaps there will also be a need to remove the youthful roses from the wrist, which - so much may be said - will turn out to be a challenge, but in the end you are faced with a rose composition tamed by benzoin, vanilla and oud, which is good, which lasts for a long time, of which everyone in your environment will notice something, but which in its scent character for me does not come close to the more mature "Lumiére Noire pour homme"

Salman2000 44 days ago
anda menyukai oud satin mood ?
cobalah berkunjung di video saya
Meursault 69 days ago
The oud is nowhere to be found but thanks god, because the rose-vanilla-violet combination is to die for. Sweet and silky. Outstanding.
JoaoMartins 133 days ago
Is there any oud in this fragrance? Still, the vanilla and rose combination is out of this world. Love it!
Emorandeira 8 months ago
Not one oud more. Clisé to scents like oud mood by lattafa, Mon precieux by note33 or black aoud by montale but with a fabulous quality!
Xanthon 17 months ago
It's sweet first love, and very pleasant. Strongly unisex in my opinion, good for making great impressions!
Splashfrag12 4 years ago

by Tiho
by Inadquate
by Inadquate

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Ciel de Gum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian