Oud Satin Mood 2017 Extrait de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 13 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

VioletViolet
GeraniumGeranium
Ceylon cinnamonCeylon cinnamon
Turkish damask roseTurkish damask rose
Tunisian Rosa centifolia absoluteTunisian Rosa centifolia absolute
Laotian oudLaotian oud
AmberAmber
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.10.2021.

Wombatkönig
When one spray is too much
You usually spray yourself from head to toe 16 times?
A real scent progression is not so important, if the fragrance itself is already good?
Your perfume from Monday you should still smell on Saturday?
Then you are right here!

This somewhat disparaging introduction is unfair, because the fragrance is really beautiful. But just unfortunately also so accurate!

Today it was again so far. My "Oud Satin Mood" came to use. For the first time in 2021. ONE spray. Shortly I had considered to spray again, because the first push did not hit properly. Praise be to the great perfumo - I didn't.

"Oud Satin Mood is, in theory, a beautiful scent. Sweet roses caress the wearer like a noble velvet. From the oud - as I know it from other fragrances and mostly reject - I perceive nothing here. Most likely somewhere in the floral-woody base. A unique, sweet-floral symphony of perfumery. I once read here the great comparison that OSM - also created by the admirable Francis Kurkdjian - is the Le Male of today. I find this thought really very beautiful, apt and associate it whenever my gaze falls on the bottle.

When spraying - the whole apartment smells like OSM - and in the first hour I'm really excited and ask myself why I do not wear OSM more often?!
The day passes and the answer dawns on me: "Oud Satin Mood" is there. Present. Minute by minute, hour by hour. Merciless. Persistent. Unrelenting. Without a trace of weakness. You might even say pushy.
I'm annoyed. Feel increasingly uncomfortable. Wish I had chosen a different scent.
It is unfortunately so: by this intangible performance, he becomes almost unwearable for me.

"Oud Satin Mood is just too much (for me). I didn't think I'd criticize a perfume for being too long lasting/silky, you can adjust the dosage accordingly. But when ONE single spray is enough to make me lose my senses, I have to capitulate. And that's a real shame, because the fragrance itself would be so beautiful....

New attempt probably only in autumn 2022!

DalilaB
Sweet jammy love at first sniff
Oud satin mood was a love for me from the first spray, it is my desert island fragrance or my signature scent if I believed in a single signature scent.

I discovered it accidentally on nose, in my quest for the perfect scent that would suit my personality yadi yada.. yes I have said I don’t believe in signatures scents but back then I kind of did and I was just beginning my trip down the rabbit hole :)

I filled out the form on the website describing perfumes that I enjoyed and notes that I didn’t like so much. At the end I had 3 recommendations, none of which I knew before. The first one was oud satin mood extrait and I don’t remember the other two!

Oud satin mood felt smoky and had this smooth, creamy cocoon almost like a scarf that enveloped me. One or two sprays were enough to last a whole day and I was transported into a beautiful dreamy world. I particularly loved the fact that I could smell it all day, even though I couldn’t pick the individual notes I could smell the rose which was sweet and jammy. I could get hints of a very subdued oud, mainly in my sillage or if I re-enter the room after I had sprayed it. It was glorious on winter nights but I have also worn it in hot humid weather and it was equally beautiful.

Five years on and it is still my number one.
Denoparfum
Masculine or rather feminine?!
I had no idea how he richt and yet I ordered him. I relied on my gut feeling and a few videos as well as comments. My biggest concern with the scent was whether it is not too feminine. When I got it I couldn't wait to sniff the scent. Sobering it was too rosy for me... I was disappointed. And it was clear to me that it had to be woken up again, but I was in a hurry because I had to go to work. At work I noticed that the scent was not like the one I was given at the beginning. I liked it, I liked it so much that it is a favorite for me. But the more important thing is that I realized that there is no feminine or masculine in fragrances. Wear what you like

Razvanyke
The real blue beast from France
I love writing a review when I'm mega excited about a fragrance, and MFK Satin Mood Extrait has done that.

OMG that can what, with 1 spray from an original sample on joint ... has the whole day my apartment smelled like MFK and in the next morning also. On my clothes smells as strong as freshly sprayed.

Ok, you can say that it is an extrait and should be so but but I have already tested extraits that were not necessarily strong, I do not remember just which ones were that.
MFK Satin Mood starts with a very deep and luxurious rose note along with the same oud as in Silk Mood and Oud, and I don't like it very much ... but is blended so well and afterwards with Amber and Vanilla make such a harmony, almost to strong to smell.

Because of the strength I don't recommend spraying it on neck or next to it, can be dangerous. Bisehr was only Interlude 53 so strong that in the next day, it can perceive so well.

I think the one 70ml bottle of MFK Extrait would be enough for life, I do not necessarily like but man that's good.
MelOn
I'd almost say Love at first Sniff...
I smell all the fragrance components out as they are described. First the violet and the rose which embody in combination one of my biggest fragrance loves... it then combines to a scent of dextrose until then oud mixes in. This makes it woodier on my skin and after a while it develops a slightly leathery scent on my skin, like an old suede jacket you've always worn your favorite rose scent in over the years. The smell of the leather is only very slightly perceptible and mixes with the sweet rose scent. I see myself with the leather jacket at the fair, wearing my silk blouse underneath and smell the scent of fresh cotton candy.
Jasminroedig
This is where the roses really sting you
Of course, I can't resist commenting on my second test of an MFK. So here follows my personal reflection, with which I hope you enjoy.

The first sniffer:
Spray it once and that's it, because that's all you have to do to notice it. Oud Satin Mood practically forces you to sniff it, whether you want to or not. Initial drowns out the violet while leaving just enough room for the other components to scream, "Hello, I'm still here too" The violet comes off very clean, making the scent very expensive right now.
I must admit, I'm with this clean fragrance at the beginning not really come clear, to me it just stung a little too much in the nose.

Development:
Flora is really a major player here, as roses join in after about 20 minutes. Now Oud Satin Mood becomes more profound and reveals its preciousness even more than it did at the beginning. I felt like I had just used the most expensive soap in the world. Further, I sniff out something tart and pungent, though not quite as strong anymore, which I really like. Meanwhile, the vanilla has also joined in - it gives the scent a dose of sweetness, which I think it can really handle. This also takes away some of the dryness and makes the perfume creamier and softer. More and more spreads a scent of expensive, no priceless roses, which then also decorate the skin for a very long time.

Oud:
Here you do not have to be afraid, Oud I personally have not recognized at all while wearing. So you should not like oud, then this one is actually a safe number!

The performance is exorbitant, out of this world - on my skin it lasts a little eternity, then on clothes it will probably last a big one.

Conclusion:
Such a work of art you have to sniff to know the value. He is incredible, irresistible, irreplaceable.
Only for me, unfortunately, he is nothing. I just do not like the tart, clean, soapy, because I just have to think too quickly to work and I would not want just when I pursue my favorite hobby!

However, who is totally on purity and cleanliness on the skin, which should not be missed!
Very good for women
I'm a big fan of oud fragrances.

With pleasure also sometimes something strong which causes sensation. Therefore I couldn't avoid to organize a sample of MFK oud Satin mood extrait de Parfum.

When the sample arrived I was so excited to finally smell him
And then there was a surprise, both positive and negative.

A strong sweetness came over me and filled my whole apartment. And after that...
Well, what can I say. For me, the main thing was to smell a very noble rose.
The fragrance Feel me from the beginning Durability and sillage are simply mega. That's all you can say about it.

But now to the "negative" point.
I miss the oud:(

Don't get the wrong idea. I love that smell. But in my opinion, it's more of what I want to smell on a woman. Very sexy, very sweet, and just classy.

If you are looking for an oud fragrance, I don't think you'll be 100% satisfied here.

But if you are looking for a fragrance with mega performance for your girlfriend / wife, this is the right place.

I prefer to stay with Louis vuitton ombre Nomade, because he has exactly the same horny performance, but for me the oud is much more present and is perfectly balanced by the raspberry later on.

So my conclusion:

In my opinion a mega cool fragrance for women. If "man" likes mega sweet rose scents and doesn't want to smell too much oud, I can recommend it very much.

Test it in any case before you spend 300+ €.

I hope I could give oud fans a little help :)

Rubikon
More than the sum of its parts
Even though there are already many comments on it, I feel downright obliged to write down a little verbal kneeling to this beautiful composition.
In advance..... Whoever decides on this fantastic potpourri of exquisite oils must be clear about one thing....
Oud Satin Mood Extrait takes no prisoners!..
It doesn't bite because it swallows whole...
This fragrance is the mother of all sillage and durability monsters!

If a Gatling gun were a perfume... It would be Oud Satin Mood EDP. The extract would be another scoop and then it'd be like the czar bomb
I would go so far as to say..... For me the first 30min is almost unbearable. Unacceptable for wearer and environment!
Who does not know it as OSM Extrait Träger.... early in the car.... Without an open window, slight asphyxiation followed by panic attacks occur, so that this never goes away.
I'd call it "absolutely brutal" and that's already rounded off!

Very intrusive and flowery/biting, this fragrance begins its journey...
But when the wearer has survived the first "hard minutes", the scent becomes more bearable and with a little time even.... BEAUTIFUL!
From here on, you are royally rewarded for your starting pains.
Oud Satin Mood is the absolute compliment magnet.

I find it extremely difficult to smell out individual components here. A lot of flowery ones at first... maybe the geranium and the rose, but it takes a lot of imagination and distance.
In the "habitual zone" of the fragrance progression it remains constant, difficult to define, flowery beautiful.
In the end, the opulent bouquet of flowers is joined by something warmer, rounder, oud, ambry.
This "mixture" is fantastically composed and in my opinion this fragrance is incomparable.
Maison Francis Kurkdjian has created something unique here, with a lot of recognition value and wow effect.
Chapeau!!

For people who want to test it.... Do it and fall in love!

It is the absolute reference in terms of durability and silage. At this one I'm measuring the others!
Even after 2 hours in the pool I still smell it and on my clothes even above ground.

If you are a fan of flowery/oudig heavy Sillage references, you will love this one. Who does not like this, I recommend to test it anyway. This fragrance deserves it because it is more than the sum of its parts!... Wow!!

The bottle is Maison Francis Kurkdjian - typical.... square, practical, beautiful.

Many thanks to Master Kurkdjian for this creation and many thanks to you for reading
Greetings Stefan
I am in love
I didn't think that a fragrance would catch me in the same way as Baccarat Rouge - but when I received the perfume samples from Maison Francis Kurkdjian today, I was proven wrong.
The fragrance, like Baccarat Rouge in my opinion, is hard to describe, hard to pin down on a note. It's not just a fragrance, it brings back memories that you don't even have, it conveys a feeling, an atmosphere, it's always there like an aura, it reminds you of a lifestyle and makes you want to see the world outside, which may not look quite so rosy right now. The sillage is incredible and the fragrance evolves like poetry, Francis Kurkdjian is a true artist - I know this comment may not help undecided people because it says little about the notes themselves, but I had to put my feelings about this perfume into words ;)
Masterpiece by Francis Kurkdjian with Monster Sillage
Wow, what a Duft❤️ Full of secrets and surprises. An extremely well told story from the top to the base grades. Sillage is enormous. Everyone in the room will notice you wearing Oud Satin Mood Extrait. So don't overdo it when you spray... Especially when you're eating out. Durability is extremely good...On my skin loose 12-24 hours on clothes for days...

If you study the notes, you will quickly realize that this is a complex fragrance with a never ending fragrance journey. In my personal opinion, Oud Satin Mood Extrait is a fragrance that is not for everyone... For a younger woman the fragrance is in my opinion inappropriate, because it is simply not playful at all, "flirty", young or sexy. The fragrance is mature, complex and a bit complicated... It was not love at the first sniff. I thought it was too complex and too "mature" in its base. Now I love the fragrance and I can't do without it. It's just an amazing scent... Sweet but at the same time deep and " dark"..

The first thing I notice after spraying is rose and violet...A ripe damask rose, velvety and in my fantasy with a few raindrops on the flowers. With a portion of vanilla... Vanilla crescents straight from the oven Vanilla Art, a little cinnamon and an irresistible amber...In the background plays a discreet oud, absolutely no animalistic oud, but a cuddle oud a la MFK... The scent is from the other star. The floralness of the violets, which I actually only weakly perceive, becomes weaker in the heart note and at the end there remains a velvety rose with a discreet oud scent as a soft companion... Sensual scent but also interesting and very special... A fragrance that you either love or hate, because it is simply complex and not for everyone well wearable...

ZerkaloZerkalo 1 month ago
A perfectly blended, elegant, enveloping and sensual evocation of satin that harmonizes with the paradox of “simplicity in complexity".
RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Strong, clean rose with a dark edge and soft cinnamon elevating the scent to another level. "Nuclear" performance is an understatement.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
I am usually not very fond of scents with a dominant rose but this one is wonderful. The drydown is so alluring, rose, amber and vanilla.
BielwenassBielwenass 12 months ago
Cloyingly sweet rose, leans feminine.

by Rosie88
by Denver87
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian