Oud Satin Mood 2017Extrait de Parfum

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 7 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Violet, Geranium, Ceylon cinnamon, Turkish damask rose, Tunisian Rosa centifolia absolute, Laotian oud, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.10.2020.

Masterpiece by Francis Kurkdjian with Monster Sillage
Wow, what a Duft❤️ Full of secrets and surprises. An extremely well told story from the top to the base grades. Sillage is enormous. Everyone in the room will notice you wearing Oud Satin Mood Extrait. So don't overdo it when you spray... Especially when you're eating out. Durability is extremely good...On my skin loose 12-24 hours on clothes for days...

If you study the notes, you will quickly realize that this is a complex fragrance with a never ending fragrance journey. In my personal opinion, Oud Satin Mood Extrait is a fragrance that is not for everyone... For a younger woman the fragrance is in my opinion inappropriate, because it is simply not playful at all, "flirty", young or sexy. The fragrance is mature, complex and a bit complicated... It was not love at the first sniff. I thought it was too complex and too "mature" in its base. Now I love the fragrance and I can't do without it. It's just an amazing scent... Sweet but at the same time deep and " dark"..

The first thing I notice after spraying is rose and violet...A ripe damask rose, velvety and in my fantasy with a few raindrops on the flowers. With a portion of vanilla... Vanilla crescents straight from the oven Vanilla Art, a little cinnamon and an irresistible amber...In the background plays a discreet oud, absolutely no animalistic oud, but a cuddle oud a la MFK... The scent is from the other star. The floralness of the violets, which I actually only weakly perceive, becomes weaker in the heart note and at the end there remains a velvety rose with a discreet oud scent as a soft companion... Sensual scent but also interesting and very special... A fragrance that you either love or hate, because it is simply complex and not for everyone well wearable...
5.5
U30 Oud for Le Male fans
I waited 4 weeks for this scent after I decided to order blind at an online provider. My experience in the perfume business and my trust in various Youtuber owed.
What did I expect? I was expecting a sweet, but still unisex scent in the style of the well-known Rose Oud fragrances. The pyramid promised me a fragrance that plays with sweet and bitter contrasts.

What did I get? A syrupy sweet mash with the scent of rose loukoumia and the commercial vanilla known from le Male ... and at a price that, in my opinion, is totally inappropriate for this highly commercial scent. I'm happy to pay 725€ for a RD from this segment, but not 270€ for a fragrance that loses its complexity after 20min and only smells of rose-filled cotton candy.

Pretty soon he gets annoying, much too sweet and gives me a headache. I love Rosen Aouds... but this one is imho no rose aoud, but a rose gourmand. The violet has the endurance of an old lady and the masculine part I look for in vain. This fragrance is perhaps still wearable for men who have been doing bodybuilding for years... but even then, in my opinion, it still looks far too feminine to pass for plain.

H+S are actually more than enough, but I don't really want to have such an exaggeratedly sweet syrup.

Boys under 30 are welcome to try it out for the disco, ladies under 40 are also welcome to try it out for leisure. But then please only in the cold winter. Because already in spring, this "masterpiece" of a perfumer who doesn't want to wear perfume himself looks much too pompous and artificial.

Even 10 liters of Alien would be more tolerable for my nose. I don't like him. He disappointed me and I'm going to pass him on again. Best to a fan of very strong and sweet gourmands.

For me, the topic of MFK is over at this point. Even though I appreciate Amyris very much... he spoiled my view of this house
Pity.
Mansoury
Laotian monster oud meets lovely rose
What a fragrance, seldom discovered such a profound scent composition as in Oud satain mood extrai de Parfum by Maison Francis.

High quality Laotian oud meets a very beautiful, but still very present rose. The silage and shelf life are overwhelming and can be compared with almost no other scent.

Furthermore, the fragrance development is phenomenal, the individual scents unfold in all their glory.

OSM extrai de Parfum from MFK is recommended purely for the winter, otherwise you can expect to be smelled by the neighbours ;)

Oud Satin Mood Extrait
Notes: Rose, Violet, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Geranium and Amber.

Luxurious and Sensual. Rose and Oud done right. Another masterpiece from MFK. Creamy, Milky and Soft. Sweet and Warm. Extremely long lasting and projects very well.Definitely bottle worthy
DaveKunstein
Way better than the EDP!!!!!
Hello dear friends,
Short explanation of my misery... I bought the fragrance with a juicy discount from Flaconi, wore it a few times and then had to give it away, because my sharing didn't get full and as a student I simply can't afford the whole thing... Now I'm facing an existential crisis, because I don't know why nobody wants to test this scent or why so few people here own it...
I honestly have a hunch:
The EDP, which I also had once, I find absolutely terrible and unbearable as a man, in addition it lasts the whole day (and the next 3 days still) and is thereby as loud as hardly another... well, that's not an advantage, in my opinion, with the sweet flower stuff. To all men who wear it and love it, to each his own, I certainly wear things that others feel disgusted about, but I can really imagine little that I would like to wear less than 3 sprayers Oud Satin Mood EDP. But now we come to the crucial point... the Extrait is absolutely the hammer... the floweriness is completely dimmed and stay does a hammer Sillage with a sweet-fruity touch that accompanies you all day long. I can understand that you are deterred after the EDP because you think the Extrait is an even more concentrated form of the EDP, but that's the case with nieces!
A sprayer of the stuff in the neck and one smells the whole day simply after pure joy... i can't describe it any other way. I actually got a lot of compliments, which is rather untypical for the kind of scents!

Now I had to sell my fragrance and try desperately to get a new sharing because he just won't let me go... - with moderate success. In this sense I would like to kindly point out that one can look gladly times into my Soul, perhaps one finds there after reading the commentary something, which interests one... marriage... starts with O and ends with T, just a little hint.
No joking aside, this one is darker, more un-flowery, more unstriking, just as durable and radiant as his brother and smells wonderful in my opinion.
In this sense, with the receiving information you have to see for yourself what you make of it ;)
The 1:1 comparison EDP VS Extrait
As some of you may have already found out, I love to compare ;-)
So also with this great fragrance...

I may already call the Extrait my own and a bottling of the EDP has found the way to me recently, with which the 1:1 comparison stands now nothing more in the way.

Then I like to start with the Extrait (sprayed on the left):
Boom - here I am! The bomb has landed!

After the burning in the eyes has subsided and all neighbors are out of the house, the fragrance journey can now begin:

First I notice a sweet oud note... The sweetness is neither sticky nor soggy. It is a "non-gourmandy" yet very intense sweetness, which I like to attribute to vanilla.... The rose immediately joins the... The rose is majestic in its blood red robe and plays the leading role together with the sweet oud.....

A more restrained violet flashes on and off briefly and gives the fragrance together with the amber a wonderful floral, dull creaminess...

A very reserved cinnamon note I can only recognize weakly after about 1 hour, but I'm not unhappy about that ;-)

The fragrance doesn't go through a big process... In my opinion, it remains constant - except for the slight cinnamon note, which only begins later - in... Sweetish, Oud-Rosy-creamy-balanced...

The fragrance remains ULTRA-LANGE durable and makes it an absolute dream candidate for me!
1 splash is enough and you paralyze the ecosystem for a good 12 hours!
With the Extrait you are always guaranteed to be the centre of attention!

Point distribution:
Shelf life: the next day still smells distinctly --> 10
Sillage: 5 km to smell against the wind --> 10
Scent: the madness (you can interpret now how you like) --> 10

All in all, the fragrance is an absolute dream for me and 100% worth its high price!
Mr. Kurkdjian has really created a hammer creation - applause and thanks for this great treasure!

-----

A short breather and then I continue with the EDP (right sprayed):

The EDP starts almost as "wummsig" as the Extrait... Yes, you can really say that! Also the EDP makes the world tremble for a short moment!

But first I can see a sweet rose at the EDP... The oud is added later... So slightly different from the Extrait... But then the oud is also very present! Also at the EDP sweet Rose and Oud play the leading roles...!

With the EDP, however, I perceive - differently than with the Extrait - a slightly biting note... it's hard to describe...slightly "rubbery."...
But maybe it is only the absence of this dull flowery creaminess that has the extrait... Yes, that could be it... And that - I would say - makes a considerable difference to me...!

Also with the EDP I can notice a light cinnamon note only after approx. 1 hour...

Just like the Extrait, the EDP doesn't make any big jumps and remains very constant in the process... Sweet-pink-Oudig-bulky.... - but WITHOUT that extra great creaminess!

The EDP also has a ULTRA-STARKE durability and easily lasts 10 hours! Care should also be taken when dosing EDP! 1 splash is enough here, too, if you don't want to get rid of everyone around you...! ;-)

Point distribution:
Shelf life: the next day still smell --> 9
Fragrance: Great, but compared to the Extrait the creaminess is missing and therefore for me a bit "biting"--> 8,5

In summary, both are beautiful and above all STARKE fragrances! Great Sillage & durability!

I'm glad I chose the Extrait when I bought it! It is a bit more expensive than the EDP, but in my opinion, the price difference is worth it...

Then I am nevertheless curious whether you have perceived it also in such a way :)

Oh, a little tip: If you want to annoy someone: you take 2-3 splashes and you have your rest for a very long time... ! ;-)

Pietros921
If you like the original you will also like this one but..
This one has exactly the same elements of the original Satin Mood, if you like the first you will like this one also ( if you are a guy ) or maybe even more. This smells exactly like satin oud but without the ambery sweetness ( that sometimes can remember of a stinky cheese because of the violet note combined with it ) in this one you have a stronger oud note and a stronger alcoholic violet note but both mantain the elegance and the polished character but the violety on my skin is very pronounced and super strong like one spray and all the people around were starting moving away from me, but this is nothing new because the strong violety lipsticky element is the same as in the EDP so if for you that one worked I dont see why this one shouldnt and vice versa.

So take satin oud , pump it with more of that violet note, give abit of more oud and take away the sweet vanilla and amber accord. The longevity is ....( listen well ) BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL,
Satin mood lasts on me for more than one day but this one not only does the same but its even still projecting the next morning from your skin with only one spray.

Is it more masculine or more feminine ? I think this is more masculine than the EDP but its soooo strong and I see this fragrance smelling annoying because is very strong and linear, it kills people around you even with one spray and again is not pleasant as might be ALEXANDRIA II from xerjoff or FARS. Its straight to the point fragrance very direct.

Versitility I see this one being wore not too often because it might annoy people around you, maybe suitable for a night dressed very well and feeling rich, smart, wise and careless of other people opinion. Not that its daring like a barnyard oud might but is in definetly more daring than the EDP.

Overall a very beautiful unique man elegant fragrance from MFK but there are many better balanced and also unique fragrances out in this category, check the new Xerjoff, check vintage Amouages, check Parfums de marly, check Roja

by Rosie88
by Emphvtic
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian