Oud Silk Mood (2018)Eau de Parfum

Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Italian bergamot, Blue tansy, Bulgarian rose, Hedione, Gaiac wood, Laotian oud, Indian papyrus

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 17.07.2020.

DerDefcon
Soothing in the wrong sense.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that our everyday life and our habits and routines are currently subject to severe restrictions and, above all, changes. Short-time work, less social contacts, hobbies that fall flat for the time being, older family members with whom you talk on the phone every day to prevent them from being too lonely and so on and so on ...
As far as I'm a student, I can say that I'm currently very happy to still be living at home at the age of almost 25 - even if I regularly curse it a little - and not have to worry about rent payments or a possible collapsing existence. Nevertheless I am not deeply relaxed. I can see how some fellow students who no longer live at home can't sleep well at night (many have temporary jobs and were the first to be fired), writing homework is currently a cramp because of closed libraries (you somehow manage it anyway), and whether the summer semester, which is planned as a pure online semester (with 20,000-30,000 students), will really work is still in the stars. So it needs something to calm you down a bit every now and then. While this may be the alcohol for some of my fellow students (yes, clichés and such), I prefer to resort to olfactory miracle cures. "Oud Silk Mood" was the perfect choice when looking at the pyramid of scents, as it was the camomile, which is said to have a certain calming effect, that caused a lot of expectations.

In general, "Oud Silk Mood" appears softer than the heavy, very sweet and for most situations simply too pompous "Oud Satin Mood". A softer appearance is only related to the fragrance character, but not to the Sillage, because this is also brute over large parts of the fragrance, but socially more acceptable, because the vanilla and violet club is not swung here.
Freshly sprayed on, I am greeted by an absolutely unsweet, very grown up, but for me almost too old-fashioned rose. It is very clean - similar to "Lyric Man" - but for me it is much too watery and soapy. Rose water or rose soap are simply not my cup of tea, even if I like to smell the flower behind it. But since I'm sitting at home in front of my laptop anyway, desperately browsing through the online library of my university and not having to or being able to socialize with people, I have enough time to devote myself to the scent process in a more concentrated way than usual.
The initially very loud rose is quickly restrained a little by the chamomile and loses the rose water character that disturbs me. The oud is also present, but - and this is typical for Kurkdjian - it is very restrained and mass-compatible. There is nothing animalistic, medical or bitter here. It simply smells dry-woody, rather unspectacular - almost boring. The camomile should also appear a bit stronger, but unfortunately it doesn't. Unfortunately, I don't notice anything of papyrus. That's it with the scent, which can be described briefly with the adjective "boring".
"Oud Silk Mood" has an extremely promising scent pyramid, but - and this is particularly clear here - reality and scent pyramid are two different pairs of shoes. The camomile is there - yes, it is. But the dose here is a joke. Papyrus? Uh... where, please?

In the end, the composition is merely, without meaning it badly, one of those inflationary thrown on the market, meanwhile lost all its charm. Most of them smell pretty much the same, are confusable, not at all special and yet not seldom sinfully expensive. Reassuring, especially in the current situation in which we all find ourselves, the whole thing is somehow already, but only because it is to fall asleep. Mr Kurkdjian has more interesting things in his portfolio.

by Razvanyke
by Razvanyke

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian