Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Petit Matin is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Musk, Ambroxan, Hawthorn, Litsea cubeba, Calabrian lemon, Provençal lavender, Orange blossom

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.01.2020.

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Hamburg in bad weather
Unlike the masses here, I can get a lot out of this scent, especially in the colder season. This makes him seem more discreet and reserved to me. In a really cold winter it would probably be nothing, but it suits temperatures around 0 degrees very well for me. More reserved, but perhaps also more attractive precisely because of this. I sprayed two bumps this morning after getting up and immediately associate a certain scene with it: I find myself walking along the landing stages much too early for a Sunday with the biggest ToGo coffee available in my hand. I take a break and look at the Elbe. It's raining. Despite the adverse circumstances nothing can take away the beautiful flair of this city and this experience. I rejoice whenever I get a whiff of that scent. I know this day is gonna be good, and nothing can change that.
Petit Matin is not complicated and has not had any special depth for me so far, but he is very sociable. He doesn't rub off on me. At these temperatures absolutely not obtrusive, but always present somewhere in different notes.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

A part of....
Do you know that? A fragrance doesn't leave you alone, you've rated it, you may have written a statement, but it still has to be told somehow.
That's how I feel with Petit Matin.
Well, it's like that I'm said to be the storyteller, so you can choose to read the whole text here, or just the capitalized words in a row, hopefully to the point for the people who like it short and crisp. Great service, huh? Here we go.
I don't know if I have a favourite brand, but MFK is certainly a brand that I like with real highlights, but also with fragrances that I find less good. A Oud Satin Mood was too much for me, BR540 too strange, Aqua Universalis too fabric softener and Apom too stuffy and turgid.
I often hear or read that they have a certain depth. Well, I guess if I want depth, I'll go diving. Is also MIRACULOUS.

I am a simple person and above all I like it uncomplicated. Also likes it FRISCHER.
I've known the fragrance for a long time AND found it great right away, have had it on my wish list for a long time and now under my nose again and I still love it. Now unfortunately the season is over, so I will wait for him until next spring, then he has to move in.

Because this is a fragrance that needs warm temperatures and can wrap you up refreshingly. Lemon, orange blossom and above all musk play the leading role. Lavender makes him softer, what he needs not to be too pointed, too citric. At the same time a light soapiness that makes the DUFT appear clean and well-groomed. I don't really notice Ambroxan here and we are far away from shower gel here
Of course, if you are enthusiastic about something, then maybe you tend to exaggerate a little, to rave and I don't want to talk about free, but I still have the feeling that I sprayed on a fresh, white shirt, that laughs at the sun and that I am in a good mood. THE name fits really well, because when the early morning begins like this, the day becomes quite wonderful.

I would consider the course of the fragrance marginal, it starts hesperidic fresh, then becomes slightly soapy and a little creamy. The shelf life is VERY neat for such a fresh scent with 7-8h.

Where an Apom fails in my eyes because it is too dense, or the Universalis series contains too much Softlan, or Lenor, Petit Matin comes around the corner with a lightness and refinement that is just right for me. Nothing's too much, everything's just right. Very CLEAN, fine and elegant at the same time.

If Apom means "A Part Of Me" this would probably be Apos. A Part of Schoork.

In many of my comments I mostly make up a story around it, let my imagination run free, but here I write only out of emotion.
Not every fragrance creates that AND therefore I consider it something special for me. He may be nice to most people, but he's really nice to me. You look GEPFLEGT and well dressed.
It WILL EFFECT me like this AND I can only speak for myself.

Can you ask more of a fragrance, ALSO that it pleases and inspires you? I don't think so. Now the question would still have to be clarified whether the unisex is, or tends to a particular gender and from one point of view, anyone can wear it. I'd also like that on a woman.

I don't know why I waited so long to describe this scent, but MAN is busy with so many scents, that YOU can make it that way.
There's another one that has fascinated me for a long time, but I'll come to it at some point. Maybe also good thing has to have a while.

THE time will come.
That's what I had to get rid of. Now this fragrance is also written down and I am already looking forward to spring when the SUN shines again. The wish list for Christmas was already full and I can't even buy every fragrance immediately. But I can wait.

Whether short or long version, I hope I understand my enthusiasm when SPRAYING this wonderful fragrance.

Skin clean.
S.
10.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

CorleoneL
The beautiful start to the day
I'm a total coffee freak. I need one before work in the morning, otherwise I can't get going. There are a lot of fragrances with coffee notes, but I haven't found one yet that can knock me off my stool.

Petit Matin is exactly what I want. The beautiful morning scent - the good start to the day. It's very pleasant and unobtrusive. It is not as complex as other MFK fragrances, but it is also much cheaper.

In summary, I can say that it is definitely the "good mood fragrance" in my collection. The scent that always puts a smile on my face and lets me start the day well. I like to wear it at work, shopping and other things where durability is not so important.
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Basti87
Clean fragrance with fabric softener Vibe
By my test by the brand MFK I took of course also a small filling of this. I've tested it several times by now. A fragrance I like very much like many others of this brand. MFK's simply have style and elegance and are not as expensive as many other niche labels. In many shops you pay about 120 Euro for 70ml.

Like most MFK's: This is also extremely suitable for everyday use, but can also be worn in leisure time and in the evening. Similar to Aqua Universalis, Aqua Universalis forte and Aqua Celestia but rather a fresh clean everyday scent, which is more wearable in spring and summer. Especially in everyday life, work and serious activities.
The fragrance pyramid is clearly arranged and can also be easily smeared out here. Since the fragrance has hardly any development, it is right here not to divide into head-heart basis. Many MFK's have little fragrance development, so you shouldn't be a big fan of big developments. Personally, I don't mind getting a pleasant fragrance.
Throughout the course a clean scent with a lot of lemon. In my opinion there is also a fabric softener Vibe, which comes across as very noble and well-groomed. Reminds me of freshly washed laundry with a really good and pleasant fabric softener. Ordinary but pleasant notes such as lavender, musk and ambroxan get through well here and provide a cultivated fragrance. Also a flowery freshness by the orange blossom is very present here. Altogether a very cultivated clean scent, which is also slightly creamy. Overall very balanced and easy to carry. The DNA is rather predestined for a serious appearance, less casual.
Performance is decent. 6-7 hours approx. with decent but not too extreme Sillage. Predestined for the summer working day.

A fragrance I recommend for people looking for a clean fragrance. He already has a lot of style and elegance. However, there are many inexpensive alternatives for this type of fragrance, but also much more expensive ones
9.0 1.0 8.0 5.0/10

Well thought, bad done
The early morning, still sleep-drunk between the sheets nestled to the warm body next to him and his clean human fragrance in the nose.
The picture is not new, as a template for a fragrance. Helmut Lang has created his legendary Eau de Cologne from this.

Petit Matin also evokes this picture in me, but rather a distorted picture, because I'm obviously in the wrong bed, next to the wrong person.

I am scratched by an extremely synthetic, slightly acidic clean scent in my nose. It reminds me strongly of Prada's Amber pour Homme; not so pronounced and clearly more reserved, but just so that I don't like Petit Matin for that alone. Even very early in the fragrance process I clearly notice a "dry" scent, which I know from untreated linen or similar to hemp ropes. In the fragrance pyramid, however, I search in vain for an explanation for my impression of linen. But also here its pushiness disturbs me.
Together with the synthetically pungent clean fragrance, this dry linen or hemp rope fragrance forms an annoying combo over a long distance.

After the departure of this Nervcombo a long-lasting and very close to the body musk smell remains. At least with some leftovers of the linen fibers to not look like any 0815 musk.

To be fair, I have to say that it makes a difference from what distance I perceive the scent. Directly with the nose over the skin, the just described nerve combo becomes unbearable for me. With some distance or wagging with the arm out, the scent does not change, but appears less exaggerated.

The shelf life is quite good, but the fragrance is then, as already said, very close and shows basically only musk.

Sweaty Musk
2018-03-11-18-## UTC

What strongly inclined me to this one fræ the outset was that strong °sweaty° musk note. °Sweaty°?: well, we could hold forth at length as to how some of the most attractive notes in perfumery have these °minging° parallels, but that is a large part of what maketh perfumery so fascinating & even a bit °sinful° perhaps. Anyway, the figure that comes to my mind whereby to relate the kind of muskiness that this one shows-forth copiously is, well, °sweatiness°! I have honestly tried to devise another figure that fits as well or better, but I cannot! And it's not that I am attracted to the smell of actual sweat ... ... or am I?, subliminally, or maybe °pheromonically°, or something like that. And it's not that it's actually ^like^ the smell of sweat as such. Nor am I even talking about what the 'fume ~smells of~, directly anyway, atall - it's more that it is ^itself^ worked-up into a wholesome sweat through some lusty & hearty exertion. It's kind of like the aroma itself is alive & well-exerted to the point of being in a vigorous sweat. It's a thoroughly °sanguine° & enthusedly °panting° aroma.

But this is what happens when an attempt is made to convey the olfactory impression made by musk-replete 'fumes. And I think the task of mapping ~collaterality~ of aromata belongs to the forum, really, as it is truly a Hercules-&-Hydra-n one; but imnensely fascinating.

Anyway, this 'fume excels, to my mind, in that particular kind of musk note - the °sweaty° musk. Or is it kind of, a bit salty, or maritimey? There's no ambergris in this - none listed, that is to say. It's quite different fræ the °soapy° musk - that's probably the most common kind, but I love it also. I could spend all day discussing the nuances of different kinds of musk or quasi-musk. This °maritimey-salty-sweaty° kind is seldomlier-encountered, but I have come across it here & there, but generally in 'fumes more costly than this one. Some of Roja Dove's 'fumes have it. And when I tried it chez my worthy apothecaries, I thought "there it is again, but @ not-so stratosphærick a price!" . And it's one if my °swoon-factor-11° notes. And it's beautifully showcased in this by the lemon & lavender & orange-blossom; but it's probably a good job I didn't know there's lemon in - it would probably have putten me off. But everything's ~of-a-piece~ here; & also transfigured & exalted by the musk: and to my mind it is the exaltation that is important -- relatively to which that which is exalted is ancilliary ... within reason.

... about a month later ...
Am giving this its first proper run-out: at the Whitworth Art Gallery. That °sweaty musk° that I keep going on about is just ... ! and gets better & better through the wearing. Some ambriness is becoming aparant. Seriously glad now the presence of lemon didn't get to put me off! Never thought uw could have donnen that with lemon. The sheer heft of this 'fume is phænominal.

That sweaty musk is turning into rain! It really is: it's metamorphosing into rain! And this metamorphosis is catalysed by the lemon & lavender. But then, with retrospect, I realise that it ^always was^ kind of like rain - I'd just never brought that idea to the surface. And now I recall a review of Creed's ~Aventus~ I once read inwhich the aroma was befigured as ^pineapple + rain + smoke^.
3.0 6.0 7.0 4.0/10

Bcars10
Bright, tangy citrus leads to a good scrubbing
The blast of tart lemon at the top was really fabulous! But it left very quickly, leaving me unhappy due to the strong masculine sandalwood scent that arose. I don't see sandalwood in the notes, but it was very strong, and it made my head twinge. So, it is hard for me to rate this one. The opening was gorgeous and very tangy and fresh, but the rest was not my thing. It is unisex, but it leans masculine to my tastes. I had to wash it off, but even then I could still smell it. Too bad this one doesn't seem to share the longevity problems that plague this niche brand. Would that it had worn off a lot sooner! I sprayed Amyris over it, and it got better.

by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by sebjar
by sebjar
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian féminin Pluriel (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian