Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Petit Matin is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Musk, Ambroxan, Hawthorn, Litsea cubeba, Calabrian lemon, Provençal lavender, Orange blossom

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.10.2020.

Connie
Good mood scent. Right now, my signature...
I'm a big fan of orange blossom scents. Petit Matin smells so " clean" and so fantastic after clean laundry and orange blossoms. I just can't get enough of Petit Matin. A fragrance that is addictive. It is created as morning and day scent and it couldn't have been done better.

Everyone knows this scent of a good fabric softener, which does not smell like thousands of exotic flowers, but simply smells "clean" and "clean". You take the towels out of the dryer and can't stop sniffing at these freshly washed towels on the way to the closet. Heavenly orange blossom notes, a little lemon but soft and not sharp.

Petit Matin is for me a fragrance of the day, because it is a fragrance that is very close to the skin. A fragrance that is more a kind of cuddly scent for the wearer, without much sillage. The scent is fantastic, but for me it is more a summer scent. Shelf life is medium, on my skin 3-4 hours on clothes a little longer. Petit Matin is not suitable for me for the evening, that the sillage is quite small but for the day it is simply heavenly...
Turbobean
Sublime 4711 and the beautiful neighbour.
There are two reasons why I do not have a bottle of the wonderfully refreshing 4711 Original Eau de Cologne in my collection:

Firstly, its orange blossom reminds me of a fragrance for older ladies.
And secondly, this classic does not have a significant durability.

F. Kurkdjan takes up the chord from 4711 with Petit Matin, giving it something modern. The orange blossom, here not at all stale, is clearly in the foreground.

I had taken good note of this at the time. Nevertheless, the fragrance was not worth a comment to me, let alone a purchase.

But the pocket atomizer stayed in my "You never know tester - collection", which usually contains between 20 and 30 specimens.

It was very hot last Wednesday. Over 35 degrees. After the home office I swung myself, dressed in shorts and T-shirt, into the garden, which I am responsible for. There were trees to irrigate and weeds to kill.

After an hour and a half I was sitting in my apartment again, satisfied, thirsty and very hungry. Then it shot through my head: Sushi!
Due to Corona, I refrained from ordering raw food for months. But now it had to be done.

After I had placed the order, I noticed that I now smelled a lot (!) of sweat after the work was done and that I had to pick up my delivery on the ground floor and cross the whole house in the process.

It would have been uncomfortable for me to step under the nose of my new beautiful neighbor or anyone else with such a scent flag. So I decided to wear strong perfume. It was too late for taking a shower, as experience shows that the supplier rings the bell exactly when you have just soaped yourself up.

My Freshman would have been the perfect scent for this. It harmonizes very well with my sweat. But I already wore Freshman all day long. So I remembered Petit Matin. It should also work for my purposes
A few sprayers later I was astonished how beautiful the scent shows in the heat. The orange blossom is powerfully set in scene. Nevertheless, it is not pompous, but crisp and fresh.

I have the suspicion that not only the clean musk has a synthesis background. Everything here is suspiciously fresh and crisp
But the synthetic is, as already with Kurkdjans Aqua Universalis, very pleasant. Not annoying at all, but refreshing, sparkling, clean, citric, at the same time soft and tender.

While running downstairs I actually met the new beautiful neighbour. Her nostrils trembled slightly when she smiled at me. The fact that she asked me about my scent and I showed her my perfume collection should now only be a question of a few days
It's great to wear a fragrance that suits the weather and makes you feel totally comfortable. Petit Matin is one of those. For me, only on hot days, but still.

However, should the coronal situation allow a trip to tropical regions: I'll take him with me.
Durability?
I ordered a sample. I was really excited because I really liked the scents When spraying it on, the wonderful freshness came towards me.
I could now go into more detail about the individual notes, but unfortunately the durability on my skin is about 1 hour!
That's it, after that nothing more of this initially great smell:(
That's too bad.

MikeMike
Croissant and a cup of coffee
This one has a lot of mixed reviews, perhaps some people expect more from MFK, bough blind or didn't read the description at the official page.

Perfumes are created for many occasions, sometimes great creators instead of suggesting wearing occasions, tell the story or want to mimic specific location, activity. This is how it is described on the official page "delightful freshness of an early morning in Paris" Inspiration is quite clear here as well, in my opinion, when and for what occasion it can be worn.

If you look from that perspective and set your expectation correctly, that the rating and perception can change.

Very intense opening, almost citrus espresso, intense citrus with hints of orange. There is a bit of something synthetic almost like fabric softener (this is the lows of this scent). It is clean, energizing almost perfect to start your day, and many of us start a day with breakfast. Perhaps this one is more suitable for the city breakfast, but you get the point. Nothing complicated just a fresher.

Dry down depending on a day is sometimes more amber heavy or sometimes disappear completely to be near-skin day. Which mediocre longevity you may say as cons, however, breakfast is over, maybe you will use something different for a day
Hamburg in bad weather
Unlike the masses here, I can get a lot out of this scent, especially in the colder season. This makes him seem more discreet and reserved to me. In a really cold winter it would probably be nothing, but it suits temperatures around 0 degrees very well for me. More reserved, but perhaps also more attractive precisely because of this. I sprayed two bumps this morning after getting up and immediately associate a certain scene with it: I find myself walking along the landing stages much too early for a Sunday with the biggest ToGo coffee available in my hand. I take a break and look at the Elbe. It's raining. Despite the adverse circumstances nothing can take away the beautiful flair of this city and this experience. I rejoice whenever I get a whiff of that scent. I know this day is gonna be good, and nothing can change that.
Petit Matin is not complicated and has not had any special depth for me so far, but he is very sociable. He doesn't rub off on me. At these temperatures absolutely not obtrusive, but always present somewhere in different notes.
CorleoneL
The beautiful start to the day
I'm a total coffee freak. I need one before work in the morning, otherwise I can't get going. There are a lot of fragrances with coffee notes, but I haven't found one yet that can knock me off my stool.

Petit Matin is exactly what I want. The beautiful morning scent - the good start to the day. It's very pleasant and unobtrusive. It is not as complex as other MFK fragrances, but it is also much cheaper.

In summary, I can say that it is definitely the "good mood fragrance" in my collection. The scent that always puts a smile on my face and lets me start the day well. I like to wear it at work, shopping and other things where durability is not so important.
Basti87
Clean fragrance with fabric softener Vibe
By my test by the brand MFK I took of course also a small filling of this. I've tested it several times by now. A fragrance I like very much like many others of this brand. MFK's simply have style and elegance and are not as expensive as many other niche labels. In many shops you pay about 120 Euro for 70ml.

Like most MFK's: This is also extremely suitable for everyday use, but can also be worn in leisure time and in the evening. Similar to Aqua Universalis, Aqua Universalis forte and Aqua Celestia but rather a fresh clean everyday scent, which is more wearable in spring and summer. Especially in everyday life, work and serious activities.
The fragrance pyramid is clearly arranged and can also be easily smeared out here. Since the fragrance has hardly any development, it is right here not to divide into head-heart basis. Many MFK's have little fragrance development, so you shouldn't be a big fan of big developments. Personally, I don't mind getting a pleasant fragrance.
Throughout the course a clean scent with a lot of lemon. In my opinion there is also a fabric softener Vibe, which comes across as very noble and well-groomed. Reminds me of freshly washed laundry with a really good and pleasant fabric softener. Ordinary but pleasant notes such as lavender, musk and ambroxan get through well here and provide a cultivated fragrance. Also a flowery freshness by the orange blossom is very present here. Altogether a very cultivated clean scent, which is also slightly creamy. Overall very balanced and easy to carry. The DNA is rather predestined for a serious appearance, less casual.
Performance is decent. 6-7 hours approx. with decent but not too extreme Sillage. Predestined for the summer working day.

A fragrance I recommend for people looking for a clean fragrance. He already has a lot of style and elegance. However, there are many inexpensive alternatives for this type of fragrance, but also much more expensive ones
Well thought, bad done
The early morning, still sleep-drunk between the sheets nestled to the warm body next to him and his clean human fragrance in the nose.
The picture is not new, as a template for a fragrance. Helmut Lang has created his legendary Eau de Cologne from this.

Petit Matin also evokes this picture in me, but rather a distorted picture, because I'm obviously in the wrong bed, next to the wrong person.

I am scratched by an extremely synthetic, slightly acidic clean scent in my nose. It reminds me strongly of Prada's Amber pour Homme; not so pronounced and clearly more reserved, but just so that I don't like Petit Matin for that alone. Even very early in the fragrance process I clearly notice a "dry" scent, which I know from untreated linen or similar to hemp ropes. In the fragrance pyramid, however, I search in vain for an explanation for my impression of linen. But also here its pushiness disturbs me.
Together with the synthetically pungent clean fragrance, this dry linen or hemp rope fragrance forms an annoying combo over a long distance.

After the departure of this Nervcombo a long-lasting and very close to the body musk smell remains. At least with some leftovers of the linen fibers to not look like any 0815 musk.

To be fair, I have to say that it makes a difference from what distance I perceive the scent. Directly with the nose over the skin, the just described nerve combo becomes unbearable for me. With some distance or wagging with the arm out, the scent does not change, but appears less exaggerated.

The shelf life is quite good, but the fragrance is then, as already said, very close and shows basically only musk.
petit dejeuner
Early in the morning at a light breakfast on a Roman terrace.

The dome of St. Peter's shines in the still mild sun - and the tomatoes on the breakfast table are freshly picked and sweet.
You don't need much to feel good - olive bread with the juicy tomatoes and a cup of lemon tea.
Lavender blows over from the terracotta pots and the orange trees are in bloom.
The Roman cat society looks at me from brightly shining eyes - and a beauty jumps on my lap, light as a feather and trusting.
She nestles up against me and gives me a soothing purr.
Church bells ring softly with the wind and call for morning prayer.
Everything is quiet and peaceful.
A pure atmosphere.
I enjoy the luxury of the minimalist.
And so is the smell.
Calm and clear - with lavish little.

Sweaty Musk
2018-03-11-18-## UTC

What strongly inclined me to this one fræ the outset was that strong °sweaty° musk note. °Sweaty°?: well, we could hold forth at length as to how some of the most attractive notes in perfumery have these °minging° parallels, but that is a large part of what maketh perfumery so fascinating & even a bit °sinful° perhaps. Anyway, the figure that comes to my mind whereby to relate the kind of muskiness that this one shows-forth copiously is, well, °sweatiness°! I have honestly tried to devise another figure that fits as well or better, but I cannot! And it's not that I am attracted to the smell of actual sweat ... ... or am I?, subliminally, or maybe °pheromonically°, or something like that. And it's not that it's actually ^like^ the smell of sweat as such. Nor am I even talking about what the 'fume ~smells of~, directly anyway, atall - it's more that it is ^itself^ worked-up into a wholesome sweat through some lusty & hearty exertion. It's kind of like the aroma itself is alive & well-exerted to the point of being in a vigorous sweat. It's a thoroughly °sanguine° & enthusedly °panting° aroma.

But this is what happens when an attempt is made to convey the olfactory impression made by musk-replete 'fumes. And I think the task of mapping ~collaterality~ of aromata belongs to the forum, really, as it is truly a Hercules-&-Hydra-n one; but imnensely fascinating.

Anyway, this 'fume excels, to my mind, in that particular kind of musk note - the °sweaty° musk. Or is it kind of, a bit salty, or maritimey? There's no ambergris in this - none listed, that is to say. It's quite different fræ the °soapy° musk - that's probably the most common kind, but I love it also. I could spend all day discussing the nuances of different kinds of musk or quasi-musk. This °maritimey-salty-sweaty° kind is seldomlier-encountered, but I have come across it here & there, but generally in 'fumes more costly than this one. Some of Roja Dove's 'fumes have it. And when I tried it chez my worthy apothecaries, I thought "there it is again, but @ not-so stratosphærick a price!" . And it's one if my °swoon-factor-11° notes. And it's beautifully showcased in this by the lemon & lavender & orange-blossom; but it's probably a good job I didn't know there's lemon in - it would probably have putten me off. But everything's ~of-a-piece~ here; & also transfigured & exalted by the musk: and to my mind it is the exaltation that is important -- relatively to which that which is exalted is ancilliary ... within reason.

... about a month later ...
Am giving this its first proper run-out: at the Whitworth Art Gallery. That °sweaty musk° that I keep going on about is just ... ! and gets better & better through the wearing. Some ambriness is becoming aparant. Seriously glad now the presence of lemon didn't get to put me off! Never thought uw could have donnen that with lemon. The sheer heft of this 'fume is phænominal.

That sweaty musk is turning into rain! It really is: it's metamorphosing into rain! And this metamorphosis is catalysed by the lemon & lavender. But then, with retrospect, I realise that it ^always was^ kind of like rain - I'd just never brought that idea to the surface. And now I recall a review of Creed's ~Aventus~ I once read inwhich the aroma was befigured as ^pineapple + rain + smoke^.

by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by sebjar
by sebjar
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian