Absolue Pour Le Soir 2010

Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design Fred Rawyler
Absolue Pour Le Soir is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is animal-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
CuminCumin
Bulgarian rose honeyBulgarian rose honey
SandalwoodSandalwood
Frankincense absoluteFrankincense absolute

Submitted by Profumo, last update on 13.10.2021.

No thanks
I've been lucky enough to try this and honestly it's a big big no for me, even after an hour I still smell something like stale urine, I don't know if it's honey or cumin...but yeah, a dirty smell or a man who didn't take a shower in a couple of days. I'm happy I've tried it though, because everything is an experience, but I can see why it's been discontinued.
P.s. Please, if you have this, don't wear it to go on a date ;D
DarkWinterCS
Honeybee smoking cumin in a beehive
I expected a lot, but I never expected that this scent from Maison Francis Kurkdjian would ever get under my nose. Now, in an exchanged sample, this scent was included as a bottling. I would never have ordered it myself, as the comments and statements I have made so far have been somewhat against my desire to test it.
This Absolue Pour le Soir tends to be one of the more daring fragrances from the brand's line, breaking out of the more hyped Oud and Baccarat Rouge 540 scenario. It's also generally important to have good fragrances outside of this very desirable area, as there are some real pearls here. So I liked the Grand Soir very much and the Gentle Fluidity silver also made a good impression on me with its quiet nature. However, APLS is much more extreme, much more challenging and for some, especially at the beginning, an imposition.

You could call it vintage or classic, the quintessence is the same. Many people today don't like this eighties touch of animalism anymore, because it seems extreme for younger noses. Today, fragrances often have to go intensively in the direction of wood (oud) or sweetness to be accepted on a high level. In my commentary on Louis Vuitton I already mentioned the topic that certain scent categories are no longer appreciated today. Often simply for the reason that especially with lighter scents the quality cannot be filtered out as it is the case with a heavy scent. Hardly anybody from the younger generations would prefer the meteorite to an oud wood, because the quality of the very shower gel like but very high quality aquatic plants is not presented on a silver platter, but has to be sorted step by step and with a lot of patience. This is often a pity for the more classic scents and those who do not want to be the loud bangers. Here a BR540 in all variations or an Aventus would often be the first item on the shelf.

So what can you expect from this fragrance ?
Generally speaking, a honey gourmet cake with a twist that sets it apart from many other "normal" gourmands. The honey has a very floral effect with nuances of damp earth, which smells excellent and does not become unpleasant. As there are no animal ingredients in the fragrance pyramid or in the notes, I would say that the twist comes from the cumin. This probably causes the rather animalistic smell. Animalistic in the sense of slightly humid-urinous. It can also be described as a station toilet or underpass. It must be said that this is only the start. After about half an hour the animalistic trains already start to disappear. Afterwards the smell becomes a little bit sweeter and stickier So in the course of time the all-clear can be given. The fragrance becomes more pleasing, sweeter, stickier and even more gourmand. So it is worth staying the course here.

I would compare the scent when worn in certain features with the Xerjoff Oud Stars - Mamluk, as both show a certain similarity. Especially the start shows certain parallels in the combination with the vintage anal and honey. I like the Xerjoff a bit better, because the animalism is a bit more subdued and the sweetness of the honey is absorbed by the very woody character.

The longer the fragrance remains on the skin, the more beautiful it becomes. After the sweetness, which is a bit excessive, there are woody notes combined with a little smoke, which gives the fragrance a slightly darker character. The fact that one can even speak of a smoky honey impresses me very much and convinces me
The durability and silage are really good according to the category. Especially the phase in which the honey reacts with the cumin, the radiation from the skin is clearly noticeable and covers a radius of one meter well. The more wood and smoke are then included in the fragrance, the more the fragrance then withdraws from its dominance. Once sprayed on the arm, the scent can be heard for hours.
Nobody should be disappointed with the durability. It manages its eight hours without weaknesses and thus presents itself in the best gourmet tradition. Although it does not reach the overwhelming performance of the Xerjoff, it only costs half as much
Dare to approach the fragrance. Even if you don't like animalism or don't know what to do with the vintage vibes, it's definitely worth testing this perfume. If necessary, just turn off your nose for half an hour, so that you can enjoy the great experience even more.
Dichotomy
Now how shall I begin...

I had read here through the comparison with Grand Soir of Absolue Pour Le Soir and for whatever reason I wanted to test it. No perfumery and also none of the larger German Onlineshops had this smell in the assortment. So what could be more obvious than to order it directly from MFK in Paris without having smelled it jeeeee...

All right, the scent came, I unpacked it. My first MFK. I take a test strip, spray it on and also a spray on my hand, thinking to myself: "You burned your money". The nasty smell of stale urine, probably a mix of cumin and honey. I just didn't like it.

So I go out of the room, leave everything and dedicate myself to a few to-do's in my study. So while I'm doing my stuff, I consistently catch a warm and sweet note in the air. Anyway, when I was finished, I go back to the room where I sprayed it and zack - the room smelled incredibly good. Every smell of urine had disappeared, in the air there was a mixture of incense, honey and resin, so indescribably harmonious and balanced. Even on my skin, it turned into a sensual mix that only had a slight animalistic effect. In the course of time, the fragrance changes into a vanilla, resinous cedar wood.

Shortly afterwards, I tested the fragrance at an outdoor event in the evening and sprayed it on about 2 hours before, and look, there were compliments hailed. The scent and the created scent cloud were very well received.

Similarities to Grand Soir? Few to none, GS is for the masses, APLS for the perfume lovers and that's a good thing

Fur coat in the woods
This miracle is my favourite from the brand. I can only wear this in wintertime, when its really, really cold outside. It reminds me of a cabin int he woods, and there is a fur coat in it. When you enter the cabin, you can not be sure, it is just a fur coat, or something living, and breathing is waiting here.

This fur coat is covered with dust, and with something sweet and sticky. It is not for any occasion, but also not unwearable or too wild. I think it is warm, cozy, an absolute rebuy for me. I hope winter is coming early this year.

Pour Le Soir? Absolue
It took me a long time to finally try this well known scent from the much lauded Maison Francis Kurkdjian, and now I finally know it well enough to give my opinion. I hope you find the review useful...

Man in the animal
The animal is allowed to stink and sniff at each other with fervor, the human being who considers himself cultivated, however, forbids himself and his contemporaries this animalic pleasure.
In the late nineties, at a party on the East Coast, I met an over-candidate older American woman who told me with obvious comforting horror about her travels in Europe in the sixties and seventies. She found it incredibly amusing to tell me eye rolling how smelly and funky the Europeans would have smelled from her point of view back then. This was not only insensitive towards me, but also somehow met me personally. In the nineties, the global standards of personal hygiene were now so standardized that at least for most fellow human beings, physical products of their scent glands - and in relative terms, humans more than any other mammal - were reliably showered and deodorized away every day, apart from individual deviations. The use of perfume was also part of daily body hygiene, and for me it was actually a matter of course to reach for the bottle every day - sparingly.
But ironically, that's where the stinking dog is buried.
With the production of perfume, man has found a cunning and aesthetic way to present his archaic scents in a cleverly transformed form as a cultural product and to satisfy his desire for physical and sexual smells in a socially accepted way. Stinking of sweat is shocking to use a perfume that cleverly combines fragrance with sweaty bottom - and nobody merkt´s! - can be perceived as totally amaaaaazing by the same cleanliness apostles.

If you believe eighty-eight percent of the comments and statements on Parfumo that you feel, APLS is an example of sensual eeriness and animalism.
I don't see it that way. I have recently had the pleasure of getting to know some more extreme representatives of the genus "animalic scents", who deserve this name in its entirety, thanks to the donors. In this respect, my perception is probably not a suitable yardstick. The fact is: In APLS there is no pisel cat, no lardy animal secretions, no hot sweaty musk breath, no damp steaming wild shaggy, no indoly digestive products of any kind. On the other hand, there is cumin aka cumin, dusty dry, massively spicy, hard, so dry that it scratches my throat. Cumin is perceived very differently from person to person, some people are strongly reminded of the smell of sweat, I don't feel that way. I find his use a little sweeter in the Lumière Noire pour Homme by MFK, which is also highly praised here, but not really in such a way that the term "sweat smell" would be justified even rudimentarily. At APLS, this whole bowl of dusty crushed cumin is poured into vast quantities of honey, woody, resinous, tart sweet honey. In addition Benzoeharz, which I recognize often well in smells. The story is that because of its wound healing and skin caring properties, benzoin tincture used to be used in certain surgical dressings in South America, which I was able to get to know during a professional exchange many years ago that lasted almost a year. I loved the smell of benzoin tincture and never forgot it again. In APLS, the combination of honey and benzoin resin, in contrast to the dusty dry cumin, creates a loud duet that has its charm, the other components I see as subordinate. I perceive this at best as an abstract kind of illusory animalism, which arises from the contrast between sweet-honey-soft and sharp-dry-hard. The end product - dosed in minimal quantities - is really cuddly and attractive, but I miss a bit of the refinement that Cologne pour le Soire might have, unfortunately I don't know it yet. APLS is undoubtedly attractive, quite loud, for me only conditionally animalistic, but I think that is strongly dependent on one's own perception.
I thank Ergoproxy for the sample.
Josefka
Absolue pour le (Pis)Soir? Mais non!
Has anybody already done that (see headline)? Hahaha, roar!
But from the beginning: Today is the 1st of May, I am sitting at the border between Kreuzberg and Neukölln, above me the helicopters are circling, and I can imagine that it is because I smell so forbidden good!

But even further from the beginning: It is the morning of May 1st, and I feel strong enough to let two (!) sprayers of this stuff on my skin for the first time. And yes, indeed: at the beginning there is definitely a urine note. I suppose it is the rose honey that gives this impression. Not really repulsive, but already noticeably strange, so I like to let 20 to 30 minutes pass before I dare to go out into the street. After all, I want to meet nice people for breakfast!
After said time, this piss note gets much weaker and leaves room for lots of incense (which I love), honey and an amber-like note. All this is very finely woven together and has enough stamina to catch me from the side every now and then during the next hours when I move. Warm, soft, mysterious and very, very noble. Although I'm still a little inhibited - maybe I don't notice that I stink myself? - there are no comments from the other people at the table, and when the obligatory street vendor wants to get rid of his homeless newspaper, he smells much stronger than I do.

Later on we go out a little further by bike, the smell blows pleasantly around my nose in strong winds. After about 3.5 hours this conversation with my girlfriend follows, while we sit on a bench:

- She: You got Tom Ford on today? - I (asking): No? Is MFK.
- She (silenced).
- I (after a short thought, careful): But if you compare this to Tom Ford, I suppose you smell Amber? (Two days before that I was wearing Amber Absolute.)
- You: No, Rose - I (breathlessly): Aaaaah, very good, I'm glad!

(It really pleased me!)

Now it's almost 8:00 and APLS is still sitting on my skin. I don't dare to say if it is still projected, but my nose keeps moving to my arm as if automatically and is thrilled. Fine flowers and their honey are still clearly visible.

To sum up: Absolue pour le Soir is certainly not made for every skin and for every day. But if both fit and you have a little patience, you definitely won't smell like the revolutionary who walked in off the street. (Let alone his spoiled, bourgois offspring) but simply forbidden good!

Skank Fest
Let me say I can appreciate a good quality fragrance & this is one of them, however it is also out of place.. What I mean by that is, I literally do not know when to wear this fragrance because it is not flexible at all...

This is one of the most dirtiest, skank filled creations I have ever smelled... Totally putrid! As a major fan of amber, I detest it here.... I don't know what they were trying to pull off here but I simply cannot...

If you enjoy loud, nasty, out of place, skank fest fragrances, this is for you! One place I would wear this is before intimacy, tho I am scared this would run the other person in the opposite direction seeking Holy Water to cleanse themselves. Good quality, not so good juice.

Too bad about the cumin
Unfortunately it has cumin in it and this spoils it for me completely. You can smell it at the start and the whole way through until the dry down. I don't get the allurement of cumin. It's downright sweat to my nose. Who wants to smell like they forgot to wash themselves for let's say one year? I wished they would get rid of cumin in perfumery all together..... (I'm sorry cumin lovers).

--------
Dear Mr. Kurkdjian,
Could I please have a bottle of Absolue Pour le Soir without cumin in it? Pretty please with sugar on top?
Yours faithfully,
an admirer

A smoothed out CDG
I had to take my time to enjoy this scent a few wearings before writing a review on it, lost in its smoky amber coloured haze each wearing, like an opium addict I couldn't find the words to describe this beauty. I shall not bore you by going through the complexity of the notes and accords but to say with confidence that they are all in the choir and pull their individual weights with aplomb. This is like the original CDG but with the rough edges smoothed out by the buttery yalng ylang and the creamy sandalwood. Honeyed, dark, spicy and smoky, I think it would wear well on both sexes, more alluring and mysterious on a woman, more engaging and charming a man. Sillage and longevity match up to the Amouages I've tried and loved, basically fantastic for both, in a word. Not for those who enjoy light, delicate scents. Not for the faint-hearted. Not for those who didn't enjoy the original CDG. A masterpiece from a great nose!

CoolrunnerCoolrunner 9 months ago
Masterpiece. One of the best perfumes ever made. Can't get enough of back-up bottles. I can't ever get tired of wearing this beauty.
CaineCaine 1 year ago
Ambery animalic honey with incense, benzoin and cumin. Can be off-putting if you are not ready for it. If you are, it's heaven.
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
Absolutely beautiful honey note! Warm, human, emanating through the pores of a heated lover. Rose nectar, spices, sandalwood! Orgasmic!
MrFumejunkieMrFumejunkie 4 years ago
I much prefer the smell of post coital sex multiplied by a Roman orgy to absolu pour le soir' s pissy stinker. golden showers much?? pass..
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Wild animal that rages in a cage and constantly threatens to break out. Exciting to observe how this unpredictable play ends!

by Terra
by Josefka
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian