Amyris Homme 2019 Extrait de Parfum

Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 51 in Men's Perfume
Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Sicilian mandarin orangeSicilian mandarin orange
Ceylon cinnamonCeylon cinnamon
SaffronSaffron
Florentine irisFlorentine iris
Brazilian tonka bean absoluteBrazilian tonka bean absolute
Caribbean amyrisCaribbean amyris
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by PanAroma0815, last update on 07.10.2021.

Fresh-sweet, elegant all-season fragrance
Every time a pleasure to unpack MFK fragrances, the whole presentation is already an experience.

This fragrance combines the best of all worlds: Citric-fresh start, continuous, warm-soft tonka vanilla sweetness, powdery-woody by iris, and the special something by amyris as well as very discreet - and as I find ingeniously used - saffron.

In contrast to the EdT sweeter and softer, more balanced, but not so spicy-fresh and less "mainstream shower gel vibe". Better are also the excellent durability and good sillage.

Wearable in any season, in any weather. Rather renounce the 5 Flakons Boss Bottled or Le Male (good, conceptually comparable Immergeher, no question) and puts this one to you. The extremely long shelf life, economical dosage and noticeably noble composition make up for the extra charge.
Ischgelroi
Finally a Maison Francis Kurkdjian that I like ?
I have so far unfortunately not really good experiences with the brand Maison Francis Kurkdjian made. BR540 I do not like at all because saffron is a nightmare for me. The Oud series was not for me because I do not like rose. The fresher scents somehow all had the problem with me that I almost can't smell them after 1-2 hours. I thought to myself therefore so often, why only I can not smell the fresh Maison Francis Kurkdjian as long as very many Parfumos. Amyris Homme I have already owned and sold because of the durability problem.

The hope almost given up I ordered me just blind Amyris Homme Extrait and Aqua Vitae Forte. Honestly, I really had no high expectations, but fortunately this assumption was not confirmed.

I would like to go here not so much on the fragrance but more on the differences of the Extrait version: Amyris Homme Extrait starts directly sweeter than the normal version and immediately acts much stronger than the little brother. The further course is in my opinion clearly woodier than dee normal version. The initial sweetness remains over the entire course of the fragrance and makes in my opinion the biggest difference to the normal Amyris Homme, which is fresher.

The durability is really top. Amyris Extrait holds without problems 10 hours through, rather even more, but since I shower in the evening mostly still I could not yet test this completely.

In conclusion, I can really say that I like this Maison Francis Kurkdjian very well and may remain in my collection.

Beach Hunts Man
Another gem of ascent from the MFK house. This is one of those scents which reminds me why I fell in love with fragrances. The composition is masterfully blended and right from the start this was instant love.

I get a wonderful warming creaminess from woody citrus notes combined with Tonka, iris, and vanilla. I could wear this all year round as there is a tropical Summer vibe there but also a warming Tonka woody Winter vibe too.

8 hours longevity from 4 sprays and subtle reminders is still going strong right the way through. A safe but beautiful scent that is extremely versatile and one I keep getting drawn to time and time again.

A top-quality people pleaser well-played MFK yet again!
More noble & heavier version
Actually the Extrait versions of MFK are not so exciting for me. This brand stands for quality and the performances of the normal EdPs are really very good anyway. For the Extrait versions you pay a lot more. About 100 Euro more. If it's worth it, everybody has to decide for himself. This Extrait version is not available from every MFK fragrance, but a total of 9 of these. The most famous one is probably the Baccarat Rouge, which is already sinfully expensive. In addition, the extracts from the Oud series are also quite well known.

I own the original Amyris Homme, which I liked very much right away. He simply has an uncomplicated but also seductive-sweet nature, which never overtaxes and also fits wonderfully into everyday life. Also the freshness is never too short and is perceptible over the whole process. A great fragrance, which is of high quality. In any case a true uniquer crowdpleaser that always goes. For me the performance is also so good that it needs rather less of an extra.
Actually, I would not have tested it, but an order of a MFK fragrance contained a miniature of 5ml. Very nice and a nice gift which one gladly takes along. Especially at this price. The Amyris Homme you get in the offer at 70ml for about 120 Euro, the Extrait him about twice the price Is it worth it? Not for me. However: If you are looking for a heavier fragrance for special occasions, you might find it here. Of course the performance is worthy of an Extrait, here the DNA was also made a lot heavier. While the EdP is still very fresh and sweet, this one is not quite so reserved. But the basic DNA is already the same and a very clear scent twin. The Extrait version is much nobler and more for special occasions or cooler days. The EdP is much more versatile and uncomplicated.
I have already written everything about the fragrance itself at Amyris Homme. This Amyris note is special and will find few enemies. It's a great note that you rarely encounter. In addition there are fresh notes and creamy-sweet tonka. Great combo. As I said: Here more priority was given to heavy notes, but this does not kill. Perfect for mild temperatures.
The performance is of course better than the EdP, although I am already very satisfied with mine. Especially because of the freshness.

Not a buy for me. If you don't own or know either of them, you should test both. Nevertheless I recommend the Amyris Homme EdP, because you get a lot for your money and it is much fresher and versatile. But for the uncomfortable autumn this extra would be very well suited. Also suitable for ladies, because this DNA is simply good and unisex.
Amyris homme a l'Else Stratmann
Who else knows Else Stratmann?

Who reveals himself to be old enough to know this art figure of the wonderful Elke Heidenreich from the eighties? And what in God's name does Else Stratmann have to do with Amyris Homme Extrait de Parfum by MFK?

Else Stratmann was, as written, a figure of art by Elke Heidenreich. She appeared on the radio and television as the butcher's wife from Wanne Eickel with cryptic and humorous comments on current events and "Sonz noch wat". I loved her! Her texts were then also available in book form and one of them was called "May it be a little more?"

"May it be a little more?" is, I think, the motto that fits perfectly with Amyri's homme Extrait de Parfum compared to Eau de Toilette. It seems that Francis Kurkdjian has turned all the screws on this fragrance and added a little bit more of everything. I could hardly say that or if the Extrait would be accentuated differently from the eau de toilette. If anything, it's less citrusy and slightly less fresh than the eau de toilette. But actually, the eau de toilette has simply been raised by several degrees to a wonderfully dense, opulent, even opulent fresh-sweet-fruity woody scent with enormous durability and projection. One has the feeling that Amyris has only arrived with this version. That's the way he should be!

In this respect, Else Stratmann's question is clearly affirmative for me. I have been diligently wearing the eau de toilette over the past few weeks, so that it is used up and replaced by the extract. Else Stratmann would probably have shouted out in indignation at such ideas (and especially at this price): "Sonz noch wat!
Pollita
Francis, show me your soft side
Oh, Francis. How many times have I told you to stay away from me with those Sillage monsters. It's too sweet, too strong, too much. Almost always. Be it APOM Homme, whose orange blossom smells beguilingly, but puts you on the run faster than you can think. Or be it Gentle Fluidity Gold. An abstract combination of juniper and vanilla, where I seriously thought "Is this art or can this go away?"

I must admit, I like your success scent Le Male. If it's dosed right, mind you. Unfortunately, unfortunately, most carriers out there with him may not succeed. Not until today
Amyris was the first work that bore your signature, which taught me better. Of course, Amyris also has a powerful aura. Yet, even when overdosed, he never gets on my nerves. On the contrary. Amyris always seems finely balanced by his combination of fresh and sweet notes, which I like very much.

Yeah, I already liked the EdT. But the Extrait adds another one here. Francis, if there's a softer side to you, this is it. Despite the strong sillage, we have an almost tender scent here, with citrus, floral and woody notes balancing each other. None of the ingredients roar loudly "here", but they seem to play music together, and that as if perfectly rehearsed. Even the saffron, which I actually never really like, is so finely woven here that it can't annoy me at all. The tonka bean, which I sometimes find pompous, especially when I'm booming, smells delicious here. In my comment to the EdT I already wrote about the effect of Amyris on the soul. And in the current time such a soul-scent does simply incredibly well. Amyris Extrait refreshes and calms at the same time. Yes, this scent makes you happy.

My lover wore it recently on a beautiful summer's day. Although I instructed him that we were dealing with an extra, he naturally had to wear it lavishly. I liked it anyway. With every breath of wind I could catch a breeze of the delicious scent. And even in the evening hours the elixir had hardly lost anything.

It is admittedly a bit slippery. I have to admit that. My one tiny little criticism. If you want rough edges, Amyris isn't exactly the place for them. But on some days you don't need any nooks and crannies, you just need a simple, delicate, lovable companion, which should do nothing else but lift the mood. And Amyris does that with bravura.

Yes, Francis. I really like that soft side. It's a pity you don't show it often.
HIRH
Not so bad at all Intense
MFK's Amyris was an interesting candidate for a niche summer scent that I wanted to buy. My collection so far consisted of oud, amber and frankincense scents. I was looking for a fragrance for the summer that could be worn well on the beach without having to resort to a purely citric scent, as such scents are often a bit too light for me.

So the Amyris with the present note of cariobic Amyris sounded quite interesting. I was able to test both the EdT and the ExdP.

In the test it turned out that the fragrance keeps what it promises. A light scent, not too light. The Amyris wood is perceptible and finally something different in a world of sandalwood and cedar. Tonka and tangerine are also perceptible and harmonize well with the Amyris. They make the fragrance light, but still play a rather subordinate role in my perception.

In terms of sillage and durability the ExdP is clearly superior to the EdT. The sillage is not the best ever smelled, but it is very present for a few hours. The durability is also above average, as one rightly expects from an ExdP. But I have to say that the EdT could also be perceived on my skin the next day, so the main advantages of the ExdP for me are the intensity of the Amyris note and the Sillage. The EdT is also a bit more citric and the rosemary in the EdT suits the fragrance very well. So if you don't - like me - have an exceptionally dry skin and thus problems with the sillage of EdTs, you should definitely give the EdT a chance if you are looking for summer!

All in all I had to realize that I am not the friend of Amyris wood. The perfume is a good performance and well done by hand. Therefore I don't have to be shy to give a recommendation for all those who can make friends with Amyris.

For the summer, however, I will stick to fragrances with sage, lavender and/or a touch of green. I will keep my 11ml travel bottle Amyris EdT and use it from time to time in summer, but the large bottle will not be included in my collection.

Cheers
Salva
The good Lord sends me to the angels...
[...]

I am above the clouds, on the sky-blue horizon of this oh so wonderful earth... All around me are many beautiful creatures... Radiating a purity that is as pure and natural as I have never experienced before... I look at them with admiration, one more unique than the other... "Dear God, are those angels? If so, I don't want to leave here anymore..."
[...]

Not long ago, when I received a mini-bottle (5ml) of this fragrance with my Baccarat Rouge EDP order, I was surprised because I hadn't expected it...
(Note: I passed on the BR after a short time, because it smelled too much like "doctor's office").

Holding the miniature of AH Extrait in my hand, I first opened the lid and smelled the spray head. "Oh my God! What the hell is this?!", I was amazed at my first impression... Once again, hold the nose: "This is divine! Madness!"
So I sprayed both my wrists and the neck and neck area with several sprays and left in front of the door...
[...]

I wore it for several days now and especially today with the nice weather (at least for me in the deep west) it looked so incredibly beautiful. I had today off (bridge day), went for a walk, in the city and later along the forest... I have indeed not had this carefree feeling of freedom like today for a long time and I am firmly convinced that this fragrance has done its part in this...

At work I had also used it for a few days and a colleague at work wanted to order it for herself, because she was immediately taken aback when she noticed it on me [...]

The tangerine, together with Ceylon cinnamon, provides the fresh and tasty opening, which makes you want more immediately. Not long, however, the iris, which gives the fragrance this beguilingly floral and powdery character, which also lasts to the base. There the so fine, soft and pleasant sweetness is added, for which the Brazilian tonka bean and the vanilla are responsible. And not to forget, of course, the amyris oil from the amyris trees, which are found on the island of Haiti, among others (hence the term "Caribbean" amyris). This oil smells strongly of sandalwood, but - according to my research - has nothing in common with the real sandalwood. The Amyris gives the fragrance this balsamic-soft touch, which makes me melt away...

Regarding the durability I can say that I notice it on me for a good 6-7h; the silage is good in the first 3-4h, after that you can still smell it directly close to the skin.

MMn it is very universal, meaning that you can wear it at any time of the year and for any occasion without any problems. But the best I find it comes at temperatures between 15-25 degrees to the validity

Conclusion:
Angels are spiritual beings who have no essential physical form. However, they have the ability to appear in human form. When I wear this fragrance, I feel like I'm with the angels in heaven... It makes me feel like I can dive into another world... This fragrance radiates an incredible warm security and a primal trust that I have never experienced before with any other fragrance... Just like those angels do...
[...]

And as always, I thank everyone for reading and wish you something!
LG

Emorandeira
Masculine fresh, dry and bit floral sweet perfume
Amyris homme undee his extrait de parfum versión is a fresh and Woody perfume with a classical vibe. I can get some citrus at the opening and then It turns a bit sweeter. I dont know how the amyris smell but i can get some very dry and Woody flowers, maybe something more or less similar to the immortelle that i supose could be the amyris. It is also a bit spicy with the cinnamon and the saffron.
I think It could be perectly unisex, because It goes a bit on the way of perfumes like Boss the scent, sweet but fresh, or even like infusión d'homme by Prada, a little floral but fresh and dry, but i think It Will be more liked by men. The lo gevity is good although the sillage is just average. Better for daytime or as Office scent.

Scent: 7.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 9
Originality: 5
Global: 7.5
DerDefcon
It's worth it, it's not worth it, it's worth it, it's not worth it...
I already wrote a text for the usual and above all cheaper "Amyris Homme", which I classified as solid to good, but which somehow lacked that special something. Now there is this fragrance from the house of Kurkdjian as an extra. Higher perfume oil content, significantly higher price - is it worth it ?

I answer this question in advance and say: "YES!", and first try to explain for whom this fragrance is not worthwhile.

It is not worthwhile for those who already have big problems with the usual "Amyris Homme". Now some will say that this is actually logical and obvious. However, it is not uncommon for Extrait variants of existing fragrances to show great differences and to attract those noses that were not enthusiastic about the original fragrance version.
In the case of the Extrait, there are certainly differences that can be perceived, which I will come to in a moment. However, those differences will be too marginal for the noses, which, in principle, do not know what to do with eau de toilette.

For whom could the extract be worthwhile?

It might be worthwhile for those who like the cheaper "Amyris Homme", but still see potential for improvement in it.
The eau de toilette gains a sweet creaminess from the tonka bean. This creamy tonka sweetness takes a dominant role and subordinates the refreshing mandarin orange and the woody amyris quite strongly, thus depriving the eau de toilette of a little freshness.
If you don't like the creamy Tonka sweetness so much or would like to experience it a little more reservedly, you should try the Extrait. It is clearly woody due to the stronger addition of Amyris. The tangerine, which at the beginning provides for a proper cooling, which I have only heard so far in "Aqva Amara", is mixed with the sandalwood-like Amyris plant and makes the whole composition appear much more acidic and thus much more angular than the Eau de Toilette. The iris, which in the local fragrance pyramid is much too small in my eyes, provides the powdery background, which I like to smell in fresh fragrances. At the end there is still a little bit of Tonka sweetness, but not to the same extent as we know it from the original version.

The extract is thus - and this is untypical for such a fragrance - not the rounded, smoother, warmer or even deeper version of an already existing fragrance creation, but in this case the exact opposite.
The Extrait does away with the creamy Tonka sweetness and provides for woody-powdery, refreshing nooks and crannies by no longer attributing the Tonka bean such a prominent role. Instead, the mandarin, amyris and iris take over the sceptre here. But this transformation also needs to be paid for. It is true that the prices that a Francis Kurkdjian charges for his creations are in many cases still within reasonable limits, if one takes into account that one is in the niche segment. Nevertheless there is a difference of about 70,- Euro. If you are completely satisfied with your current "Amyris Homme", the eau de toilette, I think you can save the extra. If you are happy with DNA per se, but think that there is still room for improvement here and there, that there are a few more rough edges here and there, you could find your "Holy Grail" here, if you are prepared to accept the additional cost mentioned above

Cheech93Cheech93 5 months ago
Very nice scent, but not blind buy worthy. Something in this is really cloying to me, it's also quite sweet. Long. and proj. are quite good
EinsteinvEinsteinv 9 months ago
Classy daytime iris
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
I have never smelt the amyris before but this perfume, although is nice and has good quality, is something that i have smelt before ...
ScentedGentScentedGent 2 years ago
Gorgeous, classy, elegant! The fragrance of a true gentleman.

by Felsn
by Felsn
by WCR
by WCR
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian À la Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian