APOM Femme (2009)Eau de Parfum

APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design Fred Rawyler

APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Tunisian orange blossom, Ylang-ylang, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.07.2020.

Francis Nourhan Kurkdjian, a Frenchman with Armenian roots, has a Libanese grandmother. APOM ("a part of me") is inspired by her narration and his own journeys to Lebanon. Memories of blooming orange trees and the cedar, which is a Libanese national symbol, were used for this olfactory transcription into a perfume.

DerDefcon
The small but significant difference
Both variants of the Kurkdjian APOM scent have a strongly reduced scent pyramid. The fact that in such cases we are often dealing with the most interesting scents is quite often the case across perfume houses, at least for me. Somehow the reduced creations manage to captivate me with their simple knitting. The penthaligon with the deer antler flacon that floated under my nose yesterday managed this, as did "Lumière Noire pour homme" (for me it's reduced) and in the case of "APOM pour Homme" it should be no secret to many of you that I'm addicted to this "little water". By the way, the latter is a good keyword when it comes to the ladies' version as well.
Both have - as already mentioned - only three fragrances. Probably the most prominent is orange blossom - loud, flowery, sweet and very dense, for many even pompous. There we have the first thing in common and the second follows immediately.
The cedar wood is also present in both. It is very dry and almost unspectacular, as it is not dark, mystical, musty or even fecal. It is simply not oud, not guaiac wood, but normal wood. Standing on its own, you could smell parallels to a pencil - not to the lead lead, but to the wrapping wood.
But the cedar wood does not stand alone in either scent. It is contrasted by the orange blossom, which has a lot of radiance in the beginning, but is somewhat reduced in its turgidity by the addition of the two remaining notes. So in "APOM pour Homme" a dusty and dirty amber chord is added, which gives the whole thing a powdery, discreetly grubby and now more angular appearance, whereby Mr. Kurkdjian probably justifies the declaration "masculine" - just a guess. The ladies' version lacks such an angular dirtiness. It is clearly cleaner and through Ylang-Ylang even sweeter. Since it lacks the ambergris present in "APOM pour Homme", we are dealing with a much more transparent fragrance in this case. Some people write that "APOM pour Homme" is a fragrance that is so dense and pompous that you could literally cut it in half in the air. Now this is not the case with its counterpart, as Mr. Kurkdjain dispensed with amber in order to create a smoother, less offensive orange blossom composition reminiscent of a noble cream. A former work colleague received a mini-bottle from me today and was already enthusiastic when she smelled it on the atomizer without even spraying once. So I am very excited to smell "APOM pour Femme" on her. It should suit her much better than me, which is why I prefer to stay with "APOM pour Homme", which I will - yes - one of these days.
Susan
A fragrance for "Mrs Galadriel"....
APOM reminds me a little bit of Iperborea in its appearance......not because there are similarities in the fragrance itself....it is rather the creamy soft and gentle femininity that both fragrances radiate for me......

I smell the individual fragrances in exactly the order in which they are named......at first a lovely orange blossom dominates, which gives the fragrance a minimal fruity touch for my nose.....but without actually becoming fruity or even clearly sweet....a little later a wonderfully sensual ylang ylang note is added.......on my skin the scent then lingers for some time at this stage.....only a little later the cedar is added.....gives it a certain grounding......and completes this masterfully composed scent.....

Since my olfactory brain automatically associates perfumes with colours and music, I associate the sound of a harp.....played by an ethereal fairy-like being, which despite its outwardly delicate and almost transcendent appearance is quite strong and grounded......a little like Mrs Galadriel in "Lord of the Rings"....

The colours I perceive are warm pastel shades.....

APOM is for me a wonderful example of how femininity, eroticism and tenderness can be combined with power, self-confidence and style in a single fragrance and do not require a loud appearance...

For me APOM represents in a certain way the "eternal feminine" in all its wonderful facets.....

Perfume 4.0?
Whether tube televisions with three programs, telephones with dials or mopeds: these are only a few relics of the good old days that digital 2.0 or 4.0 products had to give way at some point. Anyone who doesn't own a smartphone, tablet or e-bike today is considered dusty. Everything becomes new and adapts to the age and its conditions.

How's that for scents? Are there fragrances 2.0 or 4.0? Especially with women's fragrances, classic creations seem to have pretty much gone out of fashion. Modern fragrances are regarded as overflowing sugary-sweet, think of LVEB and its associates. Parfumo seems to be an exception here, because there are still many lovers of the real classics here. I don't (yet) count myself among them, for me classics are JPG Classique or Kenzo Amour, but maybe I'm just too young for the true treasures of perfumery, like Shalimar or the Chanels. But no matter, other topic.

APOM is a fragrance that does not meet today's standards. He is modern, by no means, but modern in a sense that he uses the classical patterns of the past and reinterprets them. For me, that's perfumer art 4.0. The fragrance doesn't go in my direction now, because it's much too flowery-opulent, but it's one that the lovers of the classics could also like. It's the same with young, elegant women. At APOM I think of divas of today, like Jennifer Lawrence or Taylor Swift.

I can absolutely understand the description with the noble face cream. Face creams from the high-priced segment often have a perfume that goes in this direction. I don't think APOM is perfumed at all.

APOM has what it takes to become the great classic of our time. I can absolutely understand that he has many lovers and I would like to thank Melisse2 again for the rehearsal. Besides, I can't wait to test any more MFKs

Anything but simple
This is a beautiful white orange blossom that is slightly powdery, just a smidge. It's feminine without being overly sharp, soapy or powdery. It's slightly honeyed but not nearly as sweet as other honeyed Orange Blossom scents (ie. Sweet Redemption). The Ylang-Ylang gives it an almost oriental feel and blends well with the cedar to anchor the orange blossom. In the drydown the cedar comes out a bit more but it's always second fiddle to the florals.

The overall composition is warm and slightly powdery. the three notes listed are deceptively simple. How they interact with each other is anything but simple. The quality of these ingredients is top notch and the art used to blend them shows the touch of a master of his craft. Well worth the money I paid.

The longevity is actually pretty amazing for an orange blossom scent, about 8-10 hours. The sillage is moderate. It's personal but not a skin scent.

May
2014

Solo Loewe After a Sex Surgery
This is Solo Loewe after he won the lottery, got rich and did a sex change surgery. Now he is she, with a little bit of boobs (more synthetic orange flower), but the same overall structure, only with an attitude "Bitch please i'm a new person now". In my opinion, this is a big waste of money.
2.5

It Is Full of Stars!!! APOM=apolipoprotein M [ Homo sapiens (human) ]
I wasn't ever going to buy this...I was certain it wasn't for me when I ordered my sample over a year ago...here we are staring at the full luxury bottle on my dresser. Did it! That is sort of the whole story of ths fragrance. Personally, I would never call this one "Sexy", "Sensual", etc. But somehow----it IS Sensual and alluring in it's own right...not necessarily improved on my skin...it just convinced me that I should take it home. Initially, what I detect is a soft, soothing, definitely feminine orange blossom, amber, cedarwood sawdust mixture. Awesomeness in a bottle! This warms up fairly quickly to a soft, comfy orange blossom bouquet with a sensual base of golden amber- does it leave a trail- YES, it's got a bit of sillage to it compared to many other "niche" fragrances. On first try I thought this was "Cute/Femme/Pink Puffy" soooooo NOT me! Into the sample archive it went! Fast forward- trip to Vegas, I know, I know, it is supposed to STAY in Vegas but ...What fantastic fragrance shopping was right in my hotel lobby. The whole Francis K. Line, Killian, Creed, and Serge Lutens to boot- simply orgasmic! Anyway...I originally fell hard for Amyralis but found it quite unruly the next day and it gave me a migraine, sadly. Returned it, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to add to my growing hommage to Superfine Fragrances collection. And So, I exchanged it for APOM- knowing full-well that it was not "APOM" that would have to smell better to my nose, rather, it was I that would have to change my attitude to fully appreciate it's beauty. First wear of the full bottle, I was filled with regret. Second wear (today) I get it...I added some basic white musk to my skin before 1 spritz of this...Yes! I get it now..."EUROPA< IT IS FULL OF STARS!!!"

Apom - Truly a piece of me
I did until now not even know that APOM - A PIECE OF ME means. All the more surprising, amazed and excited me that this fragrance reflects exactly these words in me. A piece of me! My light, my joy, my soul.....

I'm floating on cloud Apom. This sensual flower cream powder has settled around me and caresses my soul now. It evolves around me, on me and in me a new feeling of Scent. Something intimate, private, yes, almost vulnerable ...
~
You belong to me Apom, I want you to share with anyone! It's as if you were taking my aura to a bright light, to wrap all my thoughts in a cloud of perfume. Yes, just the same as if you were a piece of me. A deeply hidden piece of happiness, a dream, a wish, a hidden talent.
Easy and inspired you pick me up, turning me gently around my own axis and wrap myself in your silky veil of orange blossoms. The bold flowers of ylang and bittersweet hint of cedar act so incredibly feminine and grown on me. I notice no smell great course, except for the fact that you accept with time creamier and finer features than the beginning. But you shouldn´t change anyway, because I like you just how you act to me! I do not care if men like you, because if I carry you, then I'll do it just for me! You are a piece of me!
~
Conclusion:
I level this fragrance as a women's feelgood fragrance. It belongs to the wearer alone, is not to provoke or stir awaken thought. Rather, it highlights the personal inner beauty of the woman, as she sees herself. Not how she is seen by others. A piece of self-consciousness hovers in the cloud of perfume Apoms, a piece of a great woman - just "A PIECE OF ME", the way I like myself most ...
~
Thank you for this liquid compliment, Monsieur Francis Kurkdjian!

The chastity belt
I really do love this scent! APOM is the acronym for "A piece of me" and that really applies to me. It is just as the sales person said, it matches women with darker complexions better than Aqua Universalis, which suits blonds. It is as if this scent would melt right into my skin making me feel very comfortable and special. I had no clue what the notes have been and am quite surprised to read that there should only be three dominant notes as listed above. No way,that is not all. There is such a creaminess which must stem from white musk. That musk weakens the orangy flavour. Nothing citric, nothing soapy, nothing old-fashioned. That fragrance appears to my nose only soft, creamy, intimate, subtle but with depth. There is something interesting, something unexplicable in this scent which makes you addictive.
So far, so good, but......... the problem with Apom is, that women are easily fascinated by it wheras men do detest it. The first (male) comment I received on apom was that it would smell like strange American bubble-gum (bazooka?) and that it would be very strong. Other women told me that their men find Apom horrible too, even one called it a urinal cake...tsssss. Alright, I dont have the slightest idea of how a male brain is functioning but I do know that this perfume is an invisible chastity belt. No man would ever hit on a woman wearing APOM I believe :-) So that goes out to all those jealous husbands around the world: here you have your next Valentine's gift. To all the strict and preoccupied daddies: Give Apom to your daughter when you think it is getting serious with the boys :-)
But still I am wondering what that bubble-gum touch could be that was detected on me by a male. And it is true, there are hints, tiny, little hints that it reminds me of rootbeer and the bubble-gum flavour winterfresh. Although I neither do like rootbeer nor winterfresh (I hate it actually), I love APOM. Now, is that contradictory or inconsistent? Yep, it is and that is how a female brain is working- doesn't alwas make sense, but one is for sure, APOM makes sense to us. Cheers sisters! :-)

IoanaPIoanaP 174 days ago
Seems simple in theory, but the perfume itself projects class and refinement and is beautiful beyond words.

Discussions about APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum)

by Dimitrakoun
by Dimitrakoun
by Entenradio
Fresh flowers from mom’s garden + APOM and my life is brighter. That simple.
by IoanaP
I’ve only discovered APOM just recently and I’m as in love one can be!
by IoanaP
by AnnaBar
by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian