APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design Fred Rawyler
APOM Homme is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Amber, Tunisian orange blossom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.11.2020.

APOM stands for "a part of me".

Yes ? No ? Maybe!
Once again I get a scent of Maison Francis Kurkdjian under my nose and again it's one that has haunted me since the beginning of my perfume days. Since I have experienced really great scents with my two scents tested so far by MFK, called Oud and Grand Soir, I was hoping for a similar enthusiasm from my side. How often did I read "A Part of Me" in the fragrance consultations, how often did I see it in collections. There must be something about this fragrance that inspires others and that I might have missed so far. I couldn't help but organize the fragrance as a bottling and get a picture of this perfume for myself.

At the moment, my passion for testing is again - for me - taking on overflowing traits, which is why I had many different grades under my nose. That's positive in so far as, from a certain level on, you can break down the notes and chords which you like and which you don't like so much. Especially in the last few weeks I have also experienced some scents that gave me a shiver. So I could find out that dark vetivernotes appeal to me, the lighter ones often seem soapy. Furthermore, that rose in combination with woods leads to my known problems, but that the combination with resinous notes, amber or honey are much more compatible. Even with fresh scents I have no problems with neroli and green plants, as long as they are incorporated into a sweetish blend or covered with wood.
Now in APOM the orange blossom is very much in the foreground. Without anticipating everything, this note is definitely on my black list in its purity, as in this fragrance. An ingredient that beamed me right away the first time I sprayed it on and reminds me of the little refreshing scents from my grandmother's bathroom.

APOM is a true representative of pure orange blossom. Only APOM can be truly intense, clear and pure. After this rhyme I have to say that this soap that projects my skin is simply not mine. I fully acknowledge the quality of the perfume, as the scent does not have any frills, but focuses on the orange blossom. I definitely notice how the notes in the background attach themselves to the blossom. These fine woody notes and a gossamer sweetness seem to go right through and know how to please. However, they also remain far away, making the fragrance not more pleasant for me.

The Sillage was really striking on my skin just at the beginning and enveloped me with this intense flower composition. This is not what you expect from such fragrances and it surprised me a bit. As soon as this fades away the scent becomes like a second skin and lies down undisturbed. You can hear the scent from time to time during movements without it becoming disturbing. But I could hear this already with the other two MFKs. The durability is here also not negatively noticed and does its work well
This fragrance is not what I had hoped for, but it was interesting to see how pure and fine this orange blossom was transformed. I could already see the quality in the other two fragrances and I am always amazed. So now I can check off the next fragrance that has been buzzing around in my head for a long time.
But please test it yourself and be surprised.

Not for me...
I have recieve a sample of this perfume but this is just not for me.i can recognize the quality of the MFK perfumes and the art of kurkdjian with flowers but this is not very pleasant on my skin. It remember me a lot to some aftershave that my grandfather usted when i was a child. In my opinión this is a very classy scent, with a Well blended Orange blossom but with some dirty vibe that i suppose comes from this flowers.
The longevity is not bad for being an EDT but on my skin disappears more or less fast (4-5 hours) with an average projection. I can understand that there are peaople Who could LOVE the fragance but i recommend to try before buying because this is not what i expected at all according to most of the reviews i read before

Scent: 7
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 4
Versatility: 9
Originality: 5
Global: 6.5
No headline necessary!!!
After meanwhile 6 years of Parfumo I feel tired, exhausted, it seems as if you have smelled everything before. Be it the countless new releases by designers or the highly praised niche fragrances.
Once a former teacher said "There are many good football players, but only a handful who have the talent to be outstanding" and so it is with perfume.
Sauvage, Belu de Chanel, Aventus, Epic Man or the highly acclaimed Baccarat Rouge all have good scents but lack the talent to be outstanding or even unique.

So the search continues for the one that comes closest to the holy grail. Tests upon tests. I finally stumbled upon the name Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Never heard of it! Can this guy do anything. Oh yes, I see Le Male is from him. Doubt but what the heck! Apom sounds good, high ratings why not, order sample and wait!

A few days later the sample is there. It is sprayed on without great expectations. Disillusionment! Hate! Horror! It smells boring, too much orange, too musty, too stale. The sample should be tested a few more times before it disappears for a long time, back in the cupboard.

Months later. A cooler grey Sunday. I take the bottling in my hand and I push on it. Nothing special! Lay me down on the couch and watch something on Netflix!
Suddenly a bright flash in the sky, a flaming meteor crashes to earth.
My heart beats faster, the dolls dilate, my hands are bathed in sweat. I smell these unique organs, so beautiful, so warm. I close my eyes and start dreaming. I am walking along a lonely beach at the North/Baltic Sea. It is too cold to swim in October. The wind is blowing, it is cloudy has still around 12 degrees. A single ray of sunlight comes through the cloudy sky and touches my skin. And Apom my soul!
Three-phase masterpiece
Huh? He has already written a comment to this fragrance, some of you may think now. Yes, I did, actually. I took this one back to my mind and asked myself why I tried to describe the scent process or the scent character with the most complicated comparisons from nature. Some things even read so strange for me that I want to start a new attempt here again.

Three components are listed in Kurkdjian's "APOM pour homme". Yes, there are only three, but what the creator of "Le Male" does with only these three components, how he lets them play with each other, how he doesn't present the wearer with any riddles, because he really only perceives what the fragrance pyramid presents, is simply only great art.

Sprayed on my wrist, the orange blossom wafts around me. This one is loud, very sweet and completely single at the beginning. If you don't like this fragrance, you won't be happy here, not even in the later course of the fragrance. Well, that should be predictable when you look at the list of ingredients, but I just wanted to mention it.

The noisy bloomer takes a step back after a few minutes. You have to wait a little for the other two scents. Within this waiting loop, the whole thing is quite feminine, as it is still purely floral, without a great contrast program, consisting of scents that know how to embed the orange blossom between themselves.
That embedding then takes place after about thirty minutes, but please don't nail me down on time. Our orange blossom is ambered, as I like to say. Ambrieren means that the flowering herb, however loud it may be in the beginning, has a wonderfully powdery background. Our little water now slowly gets its corners and edges, gets a bit of dirt and filth here and there, but never too much, which seems to be in Kurkdjian's spirit, whose compositions are all quite rounded in nature - apart from a few exceptions.

Another half hour has passed and the third element, the cedar wood I like so much, is noticeable. It surrounds the ambry orange blossom with its absolutely dry, even dusty woodiness, in which - typical for cedar wood - a very light, really discreet sweetness also resonates, but which due to this dryness never takes on sticky character traits.
This concludes the course of the fragrance itself. It's predictable, but still fascinating. Again, it turns out that it doesn't take an enormous amount of ingredients in fragrance pyramids to create something big.

I'm holding:

"APOM pour homme" is a masterfully composed scent water that has the potential to become a signature scent that plays in the first league of floral scents alongside "Lumière Noire pour homme". It can actually always be worn, except in the height of summer, because of me, it provides a careful dose of olfactory variety at work and harmonises perfectly with my skin chemistry. "APOM pour homme" belongs to the cheaper fragrances from Kurkdjian, probably related to the fact that it is "only" an eau de toilette. But it is one that does not need to hide from the shelf life of an eau de parfum. It is one that can also be very communicative if you are careless when dosing. It's one that clearly shows that an eau de toilette can last a long time. It's one that's gonna be moving in with me for the next few months.
Nayrobi
sensual, powdery orange blossom scent
Hi folks!

I am a huge fan of MFK and this fragrance was worth buying a whole bottle of it. I find the quality of the MFK fragrances is outstanding, both in the masterly fragrance compositions, the quality of the flavors and also the bottles with the great, unique cap. A true jewel in every collection.
Since I am very selective regarding new purchases and I like to have samples and fillings and test them thoroughly on myself, it doesn't happen so often that I already knew somehow at the first test on paper that the scent could become a candidate to permanently move in with me
It smells wonderfully flowery already on paper, with a sweet orange blossom note and somehow like makeup. Because I'm more of a fan of masculine scents and I'm too powdery scents actually do not like to wear (but in any case like to smell at home for me!), this scent has something sensual and is so sexy that I like to wear it very much and full of pride.
The fragrance has no corners or edges at all, but is ultra smooth, elegant and accessible from start to finish.
The right opportunity to spray on this delight is still a certain "challenge", but since I don't attach great importance neither to compliments nor to the opinion of others (regarding my fragrances), this is just such a fragrance, whose naming couldn't be better.

APOM = a piece of me - says it all and I just feel completely comfortable with it. The intensity in spite of the EdT concentration is really unique - he has such an immense charisma and lasts with me the whole day.

The scent is not very pronounced in comparison, there is something woody to add later, but the first impression (sweet, orange, powder) will last the whole life.

That is perfect for me for cool spring evenings outdoors, feel-good factor high 10.

A beautiful part and I can really recommend it to every Metrosexual man ;)

Love,
Robert
Powerful sensual orange blossom
Now also a comment from me on the APOM. I have tested myself almost through the whole range of MFK and it is one of my favourite brands. In niche in any case, since you get high quality fragrances at still humane prices. Apom is definitely one of the superstars and bestsellers of this brand, with many very well received and there are few fragrances that somehow acidify in the store. I could get almost all of them because I like this DNA from this brand. Kurkdjian has a handwriting, which can be found in many scents, mostly with not too big scent course and not with too many scents. I like it very much.
I already tested this fragrance a few months ago because I ordered a small bottling. I was curious, because I find flowery scents interesting for gentlemen. I have also had the fragrance twin Nikos Sculpture mentioned here in my collection for years. I can say in advance: both go roughly in the same direction, but both also have their own facets.

The price of the fragrance is fair. You can get 70ml for about 120 Euro. Not cheap but reasonably fair for MFK quality. You get a noble bottle and a beautiful noble packaging. Lumiere Noire and Amyris Homme I already have and some may follow.
As it says in the text above: APOM means a part of me and stands for its Lebanese roots. Only 3 fragrances are indicated: Orange blossom, amber and cedar wood. Cedar is the national symbol of Lebanon, which can also be seen on the flag. Whether really only these three are included... you don't know.
The fragrance starts very strong. A challenge for indoor activities and events at the start. That settles from hour two: Then it becomes significantly gentler and stylish and noble. Of course the orange blossom is the star of this composition. It is perceptible over the entire course and in the foreground. Those who do not like this fragrance will not be happy with this fragrance. I like that grade very much. Can I be some situations too much, but often a great sensual touch. Especially from hour two a beautiful summer scent with soft wood and sensual amber. As I said: Those who like a lot of progress will be disappointed here. But normal for small pyramids. I like it.
In my opinion, APM is best in spring and summer. Especially for dates, leisure, evening and outdoor activities. Also in the sun a good companion who comes across noble. Generally, however, a year-round fragrance that leaves a good impression even at cooler temperatures.
Performance is especially extreme at the start and not suitable for everyone. However, the Sillage quickly becomes softer and yet it is easily perceptible for a long time. It lasts a few hours. I'm guessing between 8 and 9 hours.

All in all a great stylish and sensual fragrance that suits some occasions. Thanks to this great orange blossom also unisex-suitable, whereby the ladies version is also very very beautiful. Orange blossom fans must take a test.
L´Eau de Winnie Pooh - or less is more
APOM pour Homme from the hand of the great Kurkdjian is a fragrance that can lift my mood from the cellar to the top floor within seconds.
In its simple trinity of the pyramid of essences, the fragrance is both simple and yet wonderfully harmoniously composed. The colour of the perfume reflects all the associations I associate with the course of the fragrance.
But why now the name after the probably best known cartoon bear of the world. On the one hand because it has the same colour as APOM, on the other hand because this miracle water works as if it had been matured in a honey pot. Apart from the first few seconds of the opening note, the fragrance is woven with a honey sweetness that lies on the skin like warm sunlight. If you look more closely at honey, you will notice that the flowers of the nectar suppliers are decisive for the taste of the end product. On French markets, for example, there is a diverse variety of flower honey from a wide variety of habitats. From the simple forest or flower honey to the spicier lavender honey, the sugar-sweet nectar differs both in taste and colour. In the kitchen I appreciate this fine sweetness very much and replace almost every sugar with it.
The honey sweetness in APOM clearly comes from an orange blossom. To sum up, the scent for me can be described as a large pot of orange blossom honey, which stands in a glass-covered orangery between trees and the sun shines on its scent in the room spreads. This is the place this wonderful mood enhancer puts me in. Light, orange and yellow tones surround me as well as a juicy green of the leaves and a dark brown of the wood, whereby the scent does not slip unbearably into the sweetness. The discreet wood note provides a mature spice, so that the syrupy heaviness is also well bearable on warmer days I definitely see APOM on the first sunny days of spring, but also in summer with a light breeze and below 25 degrees. Perfect with a white shirt or polo shirt and probably most suitable in a more Mediterranean flair. Here the small honey bear projects 8-10 hours loosely and provides for a sunny light aura in good mood.
Due to the little changing fragrance pyramid only a small point deduction. Otherwise, APOM is nobly composed from start to finish and Kurkdjian proves once again that three fragrance components are completely sufficient to create a first-class fragrance.

APOM Pour Homme ...or femme
Here is my review of APOM Pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Although it is labelled Homme, I found this to be 100% unisex. One of the first from this house I ever tried...

"A part of my soul"
Once again, it turns out that a fragrance classified as "male" is much more my own.
Although here, at APOM, I am still missing the female pendant (maybe it will still be found; I would be happy).

MFK as a brand is always good for a surprise: the "Absolue pour le Soir" so praised by male users is too spicy for me, we don't get together; although I love "Grand Soir" so much that I even let it come from Portugal!
(Perhaps the "false nun" here also made sure that we "king children" should not find each other!) Yes, I know: La Donna è mobile!
And I live up to my reputation as a bitch!

FvSpee provided me with a bottling "APOM pour Homme"; and lo and behold: I am thrilled!
The purist in me shines from ear to ear: the "Duracell bunny" hops enthusiastically!
(As a being born in the constellation of the twin I can afford some "mistakes and confusions"!)
Only three scents - and each one for itself is a true joy: this is food for me!

The tenderness of orange blossom has touched me for a long time: it is not without reason that it is classified as "warming the heart" in aromatherapy!
This delicate, fragile, somewhat porcelain-like flower provides so much comfort and warmth - it is worth looking closer and not just at the "fill" of a fragrance.
She caresses, gives comfort and is also here - at "APOM pour Homme" - a luminous opening!
She smoothes out many of the unevennesses that life leaves behind, and opens the senses wide for the golden glow of Amber!
Whoever got to know me here knows how much I learned to love Amber in the last months: besides the resinous spice of incense, this is "a part of me"! A part of me, of my soul, of my heart!
Whether golden shiny or anthracite, almost black glowing: Ambra will always be welcome!
So also here: the porcelain-like orange blossom marries with amber - how beautiful!
Cedar wood holds such an original, rustic secret in itself: the silky shimmering wood, often sanded off by wind, weather and sun, spreads an aroma that not only protects shoes against "stinky feet" (original sound: HSE24) or clothing from moths: it is spicy and invites you to touch, caress - it gives almost original, rustic joy.
Silky silver cedar wood under the hand - a sensual pleasure that evokes a light goose hair: how beautiful!
The cedar, immortalized as a tree in the Lebanese flag, is not only close to Francis Kurkdjian through his grandmother: it is a tree that is indispensable in history: as wood and as a plant for eternity!

"APOM pour Homme" is a soul mate; as a part of my self he lives in me: I will always welcome this fragrance!
More than one liaison until this bottling is empty will not be possible: but this one I will enjoy!
"APOM" - a part of me: exposes my feelings openly and vulnerably; is very, very personal!

Coutureguru
Definitely 'A Part Of' someone ...
The creations of Francis Kurkdjian from Le Male for JPG to Green Tea for Arden are many and varied and carry the stamp of a unique mind ... the flavor of true creation. Perfumers are the rock stars of this obsession we call a passion ... and when they come in the magnetically dark eyed classically featured shape of M. Kurkdjian, I say bring on the guitar solo!! Indeed, my favorite Rose fragrance of all time (Rose Barbare) was created by this man ... so I thought it high time I sampled some of the wares from his own collection.

I am sampling both genders of APOM (A Part Of Me) together, and while the femme version becomes too sweet after a lovely initial burst of freshness, the homme version is quite chic and satisfying, except for a nagging mustiness at the top which thankfully doesn't last that long.
When I hold my wrists together and inhale, I get a remarkable likeness to Fleur du Male, another Kurkdjian creation for JPG.
Even though the note pyramid here is quite simple, a look at the listed aroma chemical ingredients contains the usual suspects ... Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellal, Limonene ... but also Benzyl Salicylate which is "an almost colorless liquid with a mild odor described as very faint, sweet-floral, slightly balsamic by those who can smell it, but many people either can't smell it at all or describe it's smell as musky." Being rather hyperosmic to musk, this is no doubt the ingredient that is irritating my nose and unfortunately spoils APOM for me a little.
That said, I can definitely smell the Orange Blossom and Cedar here, which I rather enjoy!

APOM pour homme seems to constantly morph on my skin, running the gamut from something I really like to something that I find irritating ... and back again. It isn't full bottle worthy for me ... but I've definitely enjoyed trying it and find myself intrigued.

I have six more samples from Maison Francis Kurkdjian to try :) ...

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
A very refined, yet fresh powdery-floral Spring fragrance, balanced by its soft dry woody base. Strangely very unisex...
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 6 months ago
Very classy scent, masculine... It shares some character with the after shaves from the past. Soft & sweet, Woody with dirty vibe from OB
HitchslapHitchslap 1 year ago
Definitely powdery, on the feminine side.
It smells niche though and great for fall or cool weather. Too strong for work. Projects and lasts
ToreterToreter 2 years ago
Very nice orange (bitter orange¿?) with amber background and cedar. Last lots and smell is very nice. But not expect Orange Sanguine. A++
HejaHeja 5 years ago
I never thought that a fragrance with such a simple list of notes could be so wonderful! :)

by Escentric
...... Abendleuchten :) ......
by Oberloser
by Oberloser
Amberange
by Floyd
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
APOM - Fotografiert aus dem 19. Stock des Colonia Hauses, bei Freunden, in Köln. Immer wieder ein überwältigender Ausblick.
by NightFighter
by Pepper81
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian