Gentle fluidity (Silver) (2019)

Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Gentle fluidity (Silver) is a new perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Nutmeg, Coriander seed, Musk, Juniper berry, Woods, Vanilla

Submitted by Psotka, last update on 06.08.2020.

au revoir
After extensive testing I handed it in.

The clear berry almost flowery freshness at the beginning drifts back after 1-2 hours increasingly so strongly that the vanilla determines more and more the smell. And after 4 hours, simply put, there is still some wood and vanilla. But on the test strip the smell is impressive. The floral-berry top note jumps off the strip.
The base of the fragrance is then simply too little for me. In addition, there are some fragrances in its vicinity that are more interesting as the story progresses. More angular.
Maybe there'll be an extrait at some point.
Likes the house a lot. After oud, lumiere, amyris, baccarat & grand soir, the fragrance is exactly the middle between the slightly aquatic scents and the sweet heavier ones.
The disregarded stepbrother
Like some before me, based on the statements & comments, it was not love at first test. More like a love on the 5th test - or something. To be honest, I never thought that my first 10.0 rating would go to a fragrance that doesn't blow me away from the first smell
First thought: yes... I must say... hmm... not so good. Kind of funny, actually. Pungent fresh & a bit woody. - put it away.

Since I had ordered a sample package from MFK (btw. 14€ for 4 official samples is very fair), after the disappointment of the gentle fluidity silver, I directly test the masculin Pluriel: "Woooow, that's great". But unfortunately in the top note not so masculin?

But after the lavender evaporated more and more with the time the masculine drydown came to the fore & showed to inspire. - I need that! A few days later I shot a ≈ 20ml of the masculin Pluriel & thought that was the end of the topic MFK. Well... at least until I get my hands on the next samples ;D

Fast-forward: A perfume buddy (LG to you Kilian at this point) got from the official MFK samples with & ordered promptly a package. Amongst other things, the gentle fluidity silver was also included.

In contrast to me he was immediately completely enthusiastic about the fragrance & I wondered what he liked so much about it, so I remembered it as interchangeable & rather mad. At this point I was tempted to test it again... at least I had to sniff the sample again. *sniff* *sniff*... Juniper... much juniper... light synthetic... hmm... not so bad. Completely differently like the first time smell... well convince me at least not! & a second time - put it away.

When the good perfume-friend decided to order a bottle of the said fragrance (thoughts: what does he like SOOO about a bottle that is directly absorbed?) I absolutely had to test it on the skin again. No sooner said than done. Done. *Pfft* *Pfft*

Directly surrounding me is a cloud of pleasantly striking juniper, but soon muted by soft warm musk & a subtle sweet-vanilla note. Hmm... actually already good... hmm actually even really good. Over the next 4-5 hours I could not stop smelling my wrist. How could I have been so wrong at first impression? He can do something!
Next day: Woke up - sample taken from the bedside table - sprayed on - & (quote: Sonny94's comment MFK APOM) suddenly a bright flash in the sky, a flaming meteor crashes to earth.
My heart beats faster, the pupils dilate, my hands are bathed in sweat. F*ck! What is this actually for n horny shit! This time again: - put it away... but only to go to my cell phone, call up Parfumo & order a travelflacon directly from the souk. The fragrance had me completely under its spell
Less than a week later, after I had emptied the travel flacon halfway through, I got some compliments from my environment for the fragrance (i know - it doesn't really matter how others judge that you smell really good, you still like to hear it) & my girlfriend also gave the ok for the fragrance, it was bought as a flacon from the souk. So it was also decided: this is my Signature.

My first 10.0 rating & he really earned it. I always thought my first 10.0 will inspire me immediately, grab & not let go. In addition, I was in the belief that my nose is final with their decisions & nothing more can be done about it. But in the end it turned out that with perfumes it's like with many things in life: even if you find them hmm... not so good... you shouldn't just write them off. With the time you might learn to appreciate & love exactly these disregarded & seemingly interchangeable things.

Thanks to Francis Kurkdjian - you blatant G!

Chapeau to your nose & everyone else a relaxed day!

Modern, masculin, fresh...
From the first time I smelled Gentle Fluidity Silver, I simply noticed a Kurkdjian work(dna), that runs through almost of all his creations, it seemed very familiar to me, it smells like something I once had or smelled ... i relied on my olfactory expirience but, the fragrances goes thru my mind was:
Abercrombie Fierce, Paco Rabanne XS, Iceberg Fluid Men, Frapin L'Humaniste, Guerlain Homme...
Gentle Fluidity Silver has something from all of the them, I would say GFS has "the most beautiful" piece of everyone of all mentioned,
but I was still missing something.
Once, trought a conversation with a friend, when I was full Of thrill i asked him if he liked it, his answer was "it reminds me of Sauvage," he was think of Dior Sauvage, but he mentioned Sauvage in a negative context. I finally realized, "AMBROXAN!"
To avoid any confusion, ambroxan is really present here, but its not near as in Dior Sauvage edt / edp.
Ambroxan is in the base here, and ambroxan is also the answer about the questions of great sillage and longevity...
This is Kurkdjian's "answer" to the the fragrances of the "new generation", thats also called a "Sauvage era" ....

Gentle Fluidity Silver is a masculine scent, because of the of juniper berries which can give the dry vibe like the gin/tonic, but when juniper berries become enriched with a woody-spicy combination of coriander and nutmeg, the vanilla and musk, with ambroxan in base scent is transformed and becomes complete.
It is a sharp, very casual, cold-clean and more or less formal scent that lives an extremely good smell trail.
With a very "modern" masculine character.
I usually prefer scents of this type, (for every day, anytime, anywhete) Of course that GFS is not the "original" scent, this type od scents is total deja vu.
But GFS is the highest quality of all the fragrance that i mentioned here.

Just because its not a matter of synthetics, that is clearly noticeable in all fragrances of the "new generation", GFS a perfect blend of notes.
He is perfect in his simplicity, so the opportunities when or where to wear this fragrance are unlimited...

Perfect for all season, all weather conditions is just great for GFS,
This is a fragrance that i wear when i need to relax, or simply when i want to restart my nose from some "heavier" fragrance...

This master of flowers, Francis Kurkdjian justifies his reputation in the "fragrance world" with this fragance, another one well done job.

Thanks for reading.
photo SYNTHESIS
Apparently, some perfumers here have quite similar experiences with this silver fabric here. With some of them you can read that it took a while, that they thought it was disgusting in the beginning and that you're now completely blown away by Gentle fluidity. Pah!

Funny as it sounds, I felt the same way. MFK is now not necessarily the fragrance house from which I like every second fragrance, not even every seventh. Apart from masculin Pluriel, I really can't wear anything. But you can read great things about the silver Gentle fluidity from the beginning. So last autumn I sprayed the Gf on paper for the first time in a department store. Top note directly "bääh"! Sweet crab with pseudo freshness. Test strips promptly disposed of. I came back a few weeks later and sprayed the test strip as well as the wrist, you never know. Result was still, more "so" than "lala". The smell just didn't seem to be for me. Chapter closed.

But of course it turned out quite differently. Fixed again by very benevolent comments and statements about the fragrance, I dug out a sample last week that I had received from a dear perfumer a while ago. It should be mentioned that blue sky, pleasant temperatures and spring fever prevailed (I'm happily married). This time after the spraying then "wow!". What a spoon this is suddenly. It almost knocked my socks off, because Gf is now perceived by me in such a completely different way. The "Süßkrams" in the top note is merely the precursor for this synthetic symphony of freshness, which bears the double name "Musky-juniper" and reveals a very special freshness that won't let me go. Unfortunately the feared will-having-reflex came and I found a good offer in the souk. The flacon is so clean, silvery and shiny that you would like to wear it as an amulet around your neck. Up to now I have never found a bottle that reflects the essence of a fragrance as well as this Gentle fluidity. My feeling is also that the fragrance needs light to unfold really well in my nose. The sunnier the day, the better I find this splendid example of synthetics
After all, synthetics are generally considered to be pejorative when it comes to perfumes, dear fellow-smellers. With expensive perfumes this should not happen at all! However, the synthetics of this fragrance could not be more fitting and appropriate. Sometimes the fragrance makes me think of various science fiction scenarios: White glass palaces, well-groomed people walking busily through the futuristic pedestrian zones. White floating gondolas move in orderly tracks in the public transport of the future. Everything is clean, everything is tidy.
Well, I didn't think my opinion of any fragrance could change that much. Even if other perfumos have had different experiences, but the one or other splash more, the fragrance on me - contrary to many others from MFK

Thanks for reading
Benedikt2019
*MFK* wonderful after all?
*MFK* is one of the fragrance houses I have tested pretty much everything from. I don't know why, I didn't really like anything they pump into bottles. Especially "Oud Satin Mood" and "Grand Soir" belong to the worst scents on the market for me. Sticky, pompous, suffocating, fogging and hard to get off, that describes them best. Sorry for the lovers of every stink bomb, but opinion is opinion. Only the "Petit Matin" and the "Lumiere Noire" I could get a little bit of pleasure from. Also the *Masculin Pluriel" is quite nice, although the most common scent in the world. I swear!

So I went around the world cursing against *MFK*. Tore the scents into statements and swore to me that no one would ever move in here! And then on top of that, say the prices, are they crazy?

Then a letter came.
No, not from Hogwarts Just a scented letter from the beloved Mark Among many other rehearsals *Thank you Markus* this was also the "Fluidity Silver"...

What can I say? Yeah, he's awesome! Period. I confess, I love him, he's wonderful and exactly my type
What's in his favor?
The following is summarized in key points:

- It is fresh (basic requirement with me!)
- He is beautifully tart and clearly masculine
- He has a soft powder that makes it more subtle
- It's not too woody
- It contains the juniper berry, which gives the final touch to the whole thing
- He's more of a gentleman than Hallodri
- It is simple and straightforward, but also unique (that's great)
- In the segment of fresh and tangy fragrances he is probably in the top class
- It's always portable: Summer, autumn, winter, spring

In summary: A lightly powdered silver cutlery that blends well with body chemistry and leaves a fresh and well-groomed impression. It is therefore not as overlying and repellent as the "Masculin Pluriel" or the pipe cleaner scent (well, you know which one I mean?).

Conclusion: *MFK* can be wonderful. Or: Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain ;)
That's not my fault!
Yeah, I really can't. I suddenly like him. There's nothing I can do about it. So I'm being fair to the fragrance and revising my first comment, like I did with some other perfumes.

When I first tested "gentle Fluidity Silver", I didn't really warm up with this one. The DNA is very modern - indeed. Of course it is also synthetic - yes, it really is. And to me it was much too showery, which could be explained by the juniper berry and the synthetic woodiness that was so pungent at that time.
I gave the scent several chances, wore it for several days, but enthusiasm just didn't want to set in. So I really took my time and did not judge hastily.

Now we have the new year, great spring weather, sun and pleasant temperatures. The time for fresh scents has come and so I rummaged around in my bottling cabinet the last days and looked what you could use to wet your skin like this. Then this Kurkdjian fell into my hand, rather by chance than intentionally controlled by me. The mini-sprayer was missing the cap, so it immediately caught my eye and as fate would have it, I gave the fragrance a second chance and it should be worth it!
Why I now perceive "gentle Fluidity Silver" differently than a few months ago, I cannot say exactly. Maybe it has something to do with the more pleasant temperatures, maybe it's spring fever or maybe it's the increasingly onset of storage fever, which turns every form of variety - also in olfactory terms - into something really great and special? Who knows. In the end, the causes are irrelevant. With a fragrance, the way is not the goal, but the goal is the goal. So, enough with the half-truths and the clichéd phrases.

Kurkdjian's newcomer starts - as in my test phase a few months ago - wonderfully sparkling and fruity, which is definitely due to the juniper berry. Slight shower gel associations also appear, but we are far from speaking of a typical "blue" shower gel candidate. I seem to detect a slightly alcoholic note that reminds me of gin. This, of course, had to be checked immediately. So let's go to the fridge, sniff the dry gin and find out that my nose was not deceiving me. The gin in "gentle Fluidity Silver" is not one I found in the fridge, but similarities can be seen in the somewhat bitter appearance at the beginning. The fact that the whole thing does not smell 100 percent like the alcoholic pleasure drink is simply due to the juniper berry, which complements the bitterness with a nice fruitiness.

Now, a few months ago, the combination of synthetic woods and an acidic, also somehow artificial fruitiness bothered me. Now - in the year 2020 - there is no trace of this at all. The wood that annoyed me at that time is shining by absence, the juniper berry gets a creamy, smooth and very clean musk foundation, which takes away the scratchiness that was very refreshing at the beginning, but in the long run is probably too annoying. The Ambroxan, with which I once had my problems as well, gives the musky-juniper compound a few rough edges and provides a herbaceousness reminiscent of lavender. So it is probably the Ambroxan that gives the composition a simple, not at all old-fashioned fougère character. And that's it.

Finally, it should be mentioned that sometimes the nose seems to play tricks on you and that even extensive testing is no guarantee for a fixed and above all consistent judgement.
The price of this Kurkdjian can and may be disputed. Nevertheless, the DNA here is very unique, because it has nothing - but really nothing - to do with the usual shower gel candidates, such as Bleu de Chanel or Dylan Blue

Freshness & woods
This perfume is the proof that two perfumes with the same ingredients can be totally different only by changind the concentración of any of the se ingredients. While the gold one is sweet and almost gourmand, this one, the silver, is Woody and fresh. For me It is similar to aventus but with some sweetness instead of the pinneaple and the fruity notes and a bit like vodka on the rocks by kilian, with its powerful freshness. The performance is not bad but is worsenthan the performance of the other MFK perfumes that i have tried. Unisex, good for a daily use and for the warm weather.

Scent: 7.5
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 9
Originality: 7
Global: 7.5
Unique freshness
I already tested the two Fluidity's a few months ago. Now I write a comment first of all about the Silver, which gets much more attention here. Whoever follows my comments knows that I am a big MFK fan. I could simply put almost any fragrance of this brand on my wish list. So far there are three in my collection. And rising.
Funnily enough, both Fluidity's have the same fragrance. It is difficult to judge whether this is really the case, as the two fragrances smell completely different. Maybe they just played on the amount of individual notes, as the silver is much fresher and woodier than the very sweet gold. Comparing the two, this one is much more unique with more rough edges and more masculine. Nevertheless, only gold is on my wish list for the time being, although I find it very interesting. Especially as a day scent with more freshness
The notes here are not divided in a pyramid like actually all MFKs. They all have hardly any course, which I often find advantageous. This way you don't have to wait for a great base with a moderate start and no nasty surprises with great headnotes.
Star of this creation is the juniper berry. Fruity-fresh and unmistakably unique. A note with edges and corners that one rarely encounters in the main role. Big plus. Here you get a scent where you don't have the feeling to have smelled it already x times. The juniper berry is joined by musk and wood with a subtle pleasant spice. I don't perceive the vanilla from the pyramid All in all a unique composition with corners and edges. A distinctive unisex scent that seems rather masculine to me. In any case much more masculine than its sweet-soft golden variant. Extremely suitable for everyday use, but thanks to its uniqueness it should also convince on other occasions.
Performance is especially good for a fresh scent. MFK has never disappointed me with sillage and durability. Also here the Sillage is quite good and lasts for many hours.

I can highly recommend this Silver if you want to have an extravagant freshness. Stings a lot. The gold is also great and these fragrances complement each other perfectly
A kind or quiet water?
If one translates the name of this fragrance, the adjective "gentle" could be interpreted in many ways. Relevant dictionaries list over 20 different translation variants. My first intuition to translate it as "polite and distinguished", derived from the noble gentleman, covers only a part of the possible spectrum of meaning.
"Tender, gentle, soft and sensitive", mostly female associated characteristics (without any gender clichés) are found in the encyclopedia as a possibility of interpretation. On the other hand, however, also "quiet, leisurely and light"; together with and especially less promising attributes for a fragrance. This one is meant as a unisex scent and is definitely wearable by both sexes after the first impression.
I think it meets the criteria of both translation directions, because the nutmeg note combined with the sweetness of vanilla gives the fragrance a very lovely feminine touch from start to finish. The musk provides a shower gel freshness, completely far away from any animal note, which musk is quite capable of producing.
Coriander, juniper and woods, which are supposed to give spice and a little bit of astringency, are only to be guessed at at the edges and quite subtly, they give some depth to the bright scents. At no point of the drydown does the fragrance become really bitter and herbaceous, it remains silvery bright, it remains a "gentle water" - too gentle for me. I like the scents of well-being that feel like a cuddly soft woollen blanket that lulls you with its tenderness. However, this one is so completely without depth, without change, without innovation. Please do not misinterpret, the scents seem valuable and well composed, but just too "tame". Therefore GFSilver from MFK is both at the same time: a kind, but too quiet water.
If I had to recommend him to a woman (again without gender bias). Portable to bright colors in late spring to late summer on sunny, bright days.
A stretchy fragrance
The bright "Gentle Fluidity" from MFK is a musk treasure in the Silbersee, a juniper flatterer with a feel-good guarantee. Completely unisex, completely Kurkdjian, even without white bloods. Summer rain meets turtleneck sweater, foggy veil kisses fruity understatement, grey meets purple. A cloud of cuddle alarms with a sexy "there's more to it" feeling. Juicy and moist, crisp and round.

MFK stands for excellent blends without scratching and biting - this is no exception. The juniper currently seems to be experiencing an olfactory renaissance, especially in men's fragrances - this is certainly one of the yardsticks in the relationship. Good but no sheep, sweet but not without drive, gentle and relaxed. Could be used as a signature. Especially when you're into powdery-oily musk-snutschers.

Flacon: handy and minimalist. Still great! Only some in my collection seem to "lick"...
Sillage: delicate but not very delicate. All day, no night.
Shelf life: 8 hours I had pleasure in it.

Conclusion: typically magical MFK tenderness meets hip Barbershop Ambroxan vibes - very wearable, very sexy, very for everyone. The latter is meant more as a compliment than as a disadvantage. "Gentle Fluidity is a transparently fluffy juniper treasure. Fine and maybe mine soon. Synthetics done right. Even if still a long way away from the MFK tip

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 131 days ago
Aventus without the pinneaple or vodka on the rocks but less powerful. Nice smell, Woody & fresh, perfect for daily use. Average performance

by Schoork
by Schoork
Ja, er schwebt tatsächlich...
by Flanker
by MericaPerica
by MericaPerica
by Gürteltier
by Gürteltier

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian