Gentle fluidity (Silver) 2019

Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Gentle fluidity (Silver) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with gentle Fluidity (Gold)

NutmegNutmeg
Coriander seedCoriander seed
MuskMusk
Juniper berryJuniper berry
WoodsWoods
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Psotka, last update on 17.09.2021.

Delijafrag33
The on-off relationship with a fragrance!
Gentle Fluidity Silver is one of those fragrances that I found good from the start, but not outstanding! The reason was probably that I also ordered a sample of Roja Elysium Parfum Cologne at the same time and I was so intrigued by this fragrance.

I think both fragrances are in the same vein and I would include Creed Aventus and Nishane Hacivat in that. They are not fragrance twins, but they are all fresh, woody, fruity, ideal for the warm temperatures and can be worn in leisure, as well as in the office.

Gentle Fluidity Silver starts with a very sharp, cool and metallic note and then becomes more fruity and woody after a short while. It has a very good sillage in the first few hours and the longevity is also very good for a fresh fragrance.
The development of the fragrance is also very dependent on the temperature. The warmer the air temperature and therefore the body temperature are, the more fruity and pleasant this fragrance. I also do not feel him as unisex, because he is very masculine by this cool freshness.

But there is also the other side of this fragrance and then he can be, as already mentioned, very cool and by its synthetics also strongly annoying and also trigger a headache. I can very well imagine that it is the coriander that always annoys me. This synthetic in the GFS is not a cheap synthetic that you usually find in cheap designer fragrances. I'd almost say it's the typical MFK note, which is also intentional.
Already at the sight of the bottle you can guess that it is a clean and fresh fragrance that radiates a certain coolness.

For me, there are 3 rules that I have to follow if I want to wear this fragrance:

1. The air temperature must not be too cool (min. 15°C - the warmer the better)
2. I must be in a very good mood that day
3. I must not show any signs of a headache before
that day
GFS I have worn very often, had him first as a bottling and then also as a bottle in my collection. The bottle I sold after a few months and later but again ordered a sample. For me, it's a fragrance I love to wear some days, but never twice in a row. I don't want to completely exclude this fragrance from my collection and be able to wear it sometimes when I feel like it. For this purpose, however, a small bottling is enough for me and it will probably stay that way, although I keep thinking of having it back as a bottle in the collection.

As you can see, it's a back and forth between Gentle Fluidity Silver and me! It's like being in a relationship that doesn't have much of a future! You try again and again and for one day it goes well, only to find out on the second day that you're already annoyed again and you prefer the less annoying alternatives... :D

Thanks for reading!
The synthetic juniper effect
In my search for another fresh fragrance I have taken up the one or other recommendation and ordered me samples, among these also Gentle Fluidity Silver. That some Rezensoren have only done something difficult with the fragrance, but then changed their opinion into the positive, made me curious
Who has ever thought about what ingredients are used for gin, will find here immediately when spraying. In the opening gin pure, alcoholic impressions, juniper berry, citrus peel, coriander seeds. In fact, I had a good gin in the fridge not long ago, and Kurkdjian's intention here seems clear - a fine gin in a bottle, or is it? Quite quickly it softens a little, a certain cleanliness, presumably the musk, comes in. The initial freshness continues to mix with slightly earthy, green, woody and sweet notes. I mean, I could also perceive tobacco or leather, but all very much in moderation.

I let the fragrance work, take care of other things in between, go to the balcony, enjoy the sun, drink a coffee. Somehow I have the feeling, it repeats itself - and not by spraying again, but each time I perceive the fragrance on me again. Juniper remains present throughout the course. Then, when that fresh gin note is sent ahead, the clean and slightly distinctive notes follow it again and again until it gradually becomes more subtle and dry. So far all good, I let it continue to work.

The association with a great shower gel, as I could read it in advance here and there, I had in the meantime, but I think I would not have had it if I had not already read the reviews before buying. After all, that's what my bottling was all about - finding out if it's really just a horrendously expensive shower gel now.
In the end, I'd say no, but still, I'm glad I only ordered a sample to begin with. Gentle Fluidity Silver certainly has a bit more going for it than a shower gel. The way the fragrance holds up and reels off the same routine over and over again I find quite interesting. Still, so far I'm missing the aha or more so that wow effect. In most cases, I buy a fragrance only when I can hardly keep my nose off my hand and have to sniff it again and again, and not when I find it interesting.

With GFS I had after a long time even the impression that it stings at some point synthetic in the nose and the fear that I get a headache if I sniff more. So I remain skeptical for now. But who knows, maybe I'll have to revise all this again at some point.
The gin of my life
Slowly I have a bad feeling that my first impressions of fragrances lately go completely past the actual end result. More and more often I catch myself that I am still convinced afterwards and give a different rating. The percentage of my false first impressions is increasing, at least strangely enough. Whether this is due to being locked in by Corona or the kind of scents I'm currently testing, I'm afraid I can't say.

Rarely, however, have I been so wrong about my opinion as I was about this fragrance. Gentle Fluidity silver has me but so cold caught and blown off the stool, with such a constant storm that I could not get up and thought I was in the snow chaos.

But from the beginning.

This MFK was enclosed to me as a small sample in exchange with another nice Parfumo. The fragrance was inwardly already longer on my list of possible test candidates. Just the association to gin, which is gladly consume, seemed fitting and left me full of joy. So there's a sample of this little cube with silver accents.

Hmmm, yes, OK.
Suddenly I was reminded of my more negative Maison Francis Kurkdjian. What does negative mean ? Probably rather to the BR540 fragrances that seem somewhat overhyped for me. Because here I was disappointed beyond measure, because the fragrances on my skin have not reflected at all what I had read everything and heard as opinions.
From Gentle Fluidity silver I was not disappointed, rather left in the empty space, as I could not express how it affects me. Although empty already fits well. It didn't want to be pigeonholed and had left a footprint in the lonely winter forest. More than OK he was not in my eyes and in my nose.

What was the problem ?
I had described that in my first statement. He seemed musty and dusty. While I liked this with the Oud of MFK, it seemed out of place with the fragrance. I first suspected the coriander seeds, but it was probably the musk, as DerDefcon had commented. In retrospect, I can't explain how that impression came about. Possibly due to the small sprayer or the faster post-maturing in the small tester, who knows. For me, the fragrance thus landed at most at a 7.5 or 8.0. More was simply not in it, even a second test afterwards has not brought out more.

What has changed?
I was geinfluenced. Well not directly, however, I became aware of two fragrances through a GQ Top Essentials video of a football player. Green Irish Tweed and just Gentle Fluidity silver.
The first was already on my test list and now I have decided to try this.
But it's all about GFs from MFK. Well you know this one, I thought to myself and tried to remember the scent. I still had a bit of the scent in my nose and wavered whether I should dare to try it again. What can I say, I then immediately overdid it and classified the sample as not meaningful at the time. Because already a few days later, the bottle landed with me and already had a certain blindbuy character.
So up on the skin and watched.

I was between surprised and euphoric, so that I have looked in between already a bag to my Schnappatmung stop.
Such undiscovered elegance and yet gaudy fragrance explosion. I do not understand what was going on here.

Gentle Fluidity silver trumps and shows how elegance is made modern. Away from Creed's Aventus and other hype fragrances. The theme of gin hits it very well and now my nose could also hear this clearly. That wonderful juniper berry shows up so great embedded in a mix of freshness and woodiness. It seems somehow familiar and then again completely new and never heard in this form before. At the same time, everything does not seem round or disturbing at all. The fragrance is full of contrasts. So round and yet with rough edges, so fresh-woody and yet a performance of a gourmand. The juniper note is now the star of the fragrance, but never seems underrepresented or too dominant. Exactly the measure, which suits the fragrance.

Who wants to let off steam away from the freshness all sorts of has found the perfect fragrance here.

Let's get to the one that totally surprised me: The performance. Wow, more can not be said. The first test of the full bottle on the wrist has torn my impressions of fresh perfumes with two wrecking balls. Even with the sillage hovering just slightly above average, the longevity is that extreme. On the wrist, I still perceived the scent after 24 hours. I have never experienced that with this kind of perfumes and the bottle clearly raises my collection again to the next level. Wow.

GF silver has become, on the second try, the grenade I had always wished and dreamed of.
A gin to spray on, so I do not always have to drink it.
Serenissima
very cool, crackling and glistening
Liquid silver: a broad stream of it rolls in cool and glistening.
It almost seems to steam with cold!
There is a danger of getting burned by this creature!
What did the creators of Maison Francis Kurkdjian come up with here?
Dangerously crackling ice - shattering glass!

The strength of juniper berries and probably some crushed needles, makes for that perceived chill!
Lots of spicy little berries, which my girlfriend always fishes out of game dishes, almost immediately put the accompanying coriander (no matter what form it takes) in its place:
The sleeves rolled up here comes the fragrance boss!
Sensitive little noses better not get too close: here unfolds power in its own spicy way!
Light woods, nothing exotic tropical, and a good dose of nutmeg are bold and join in; a little tames this bruiser.
Vanilla and musk seem to be a break in the scent here first:
"What are these two warm and soft scents doing here? They're just supposed to dress warmly!" says Juniper grandiloquently, puffing out once more!
But they are needed; an earth bond is thus established; "Gentle fluidity (Silver)" would otherwise make itself quite quickly out of the dust.
So, you speaker: you need them already, these two feminine fragrance ingredients!
See it like Yin and Yan!
Or else as: Only together we are strong!
There you go!

I do not know if I really like "Gentle Fluidity (Silver)"; impressed me this fragrance power already!
If there were not an unpleasant contemporary, who probably used this liquid, I would be a little more open to this fragrance.
The memory tells me: a man in my closer environment should not smell like this.
On my skin feels "Gentle fluidity (Silver) with fine dosage apparently quite well; however, I freeze with it!
The yet quite good durability resists warm water and fine soap: what had I actually expected?
But it was quite an interesting fragrance adventure!
Be water, my friend!
With this fragrance you do not stand out, you adapt wonderfully and elegantly to its environment. A bit like water, which also adapts to any environment.

This reminds me immensely of Bruce Lee's famous quote:
"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.
Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup;
You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle;
You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot.
Now water can flow or it can crash.
Be water, my friend."

Therefore, this description fits imho quite well to the fragrance:
He is pleasing, unobtrusive, elegant and "slick".
For me, one of the fragrances that convince by their simplicity and unexciting.

For me, it smells mainly wet, such a dry warm wet, as when you dry after jumping into the cooling lake in the summer heat, slightly "metallic" notes I also perceive - probably by the juniper berry.
Overall, very coherent, balanced and interesting despite the simplicity - and anything but synthetic!
In addition, the elegant musk freshness which paired with the vanilla gives the fragrance a certain creaminess and almost cuddly nuances misses.
He is not a typical Aquat for me and certainly not a shower gel fragrance.
He is woody fresh creamy spicy and in its simplicity very complex.
Qualitatively certainly high quality, as expected from a MFK.

It is everything and nothing, it adapts, it is changeable, malleable, transparent.

He draws his strength and charm from the simplicity of things.

Like water.
Disappointing
I rarely get along with Mr. Kurkdjian's fragrances. Whether creations as a commissioned work or fragrances from his own house, they are often too flowery or too sweet, to the border of turgidity. Nevertheless, well made in terms of craftsmanship.

After his futuristic fougère "masculin Pluriel" positively surprised me, I was curious about "Gentle fluidity". Especially the supposedly so dominant juniper berry gave me hope - a fragrance component that I love to smell. However, as often as I try it, I do not warm up to this fragrance.

Yes, the scent has a lot of juniper berry to offer, fruity and slightly sweet. Unfortunately, this note says goodbye after a few minutes. Then the musk enters the stage, minimally spiced, with quite an ambroxan punch. "Gentle fluidity" now becomes fresh, very fresh, almost spicy. Fortunately, after many hours, this sharp freshness recedes a bit and becomes a bit powdery-woody. Throughout the time, the fragrance is very present and well perceivable.

Too bad. I did get an unsweet, less cluttered Kurkdjian scent as I had hoped. "Gentle fluidity" offers me, however, overall too much freshness and too little development for us to become friends.

5.5
Men's shower gel....
As a big MFK fan I naturally had this scent. I bought it blind... Oops, a mistake, a huge mistake...

At first I find it very masculine and smells very much like shower gel for men. One of those blue shower gels from the supermarket shelf, which are all named something with Ocean. I don't know which notes cause this comparison but ufff, after a short time I also got headaches up to the sky. Until now the only scent of MFK that I really can't stand at all...

The scent starts enormously hot. Boom, right up to the nose and up to the brain's very last nostrils... Shower gel for men is my first and only thought. The scent remains sharp to the skin and is hardly to get away. Even after the showers, I noticed this sharpness. My sweater ended up in the washing machine...

Durability enormous and Sillage very good... Scent in my opinion unbearable and an absolute guarantee for headaches, who tends to it. It is of course a matter of taste whether you find the smell good or bad but I have to admit that I find it unbearable.

Very masculine for me. Sharp, angular and enormously voluptuous. Absolutely no heat, no sensuality, just hot
The disregarded stepbrother
Like some before me, based on the statements & comments, it was not love at first test. More like a love on the 5th test - or something. To be honest, I never thought that my first 10.0 rating would go to a fragrance that doesn't blow me away from the first smell
First thought: yes... I must say... hmm... not so good. Kind of funny, actually. Pungent fresh & a bit woody. - put it away.

Since I had ordered a sample package from MFK (btw. 14€ for 4 official samples is very fair), after the disappointment of the gentle fluidity silver, I directly test the masculin Pluriel: "Woooow, that's great". But unfortunately in the top note not so masculin?

But after the lavender evaporated more and more with the time the masculine drydown came to the fore & showed to inspire. - I need that! A few days later I shot a ≈ 20ml of the masculin Pluriel & thought that was the end of the topic MFK. Well... at least until I get my hands on the next samples ;D

Fast-forward: A perfume buddy (LG to you Kilian at this point) got from the official MFK samples with & ordered promptly a package. Amongst other things, the gentle fluidity silver was also included.

In contrast to me he was immediately completely enthusiastic about the fragrance & I wondered what he liked so much about it, so I remembered it as interchangeable & rather mad. At this point I was tempted to test it again... at least I had to sniff the sample again. *sniff* *sniff*... Juniper... much juniper... light synthetic... hmm... not so bad. Completely differently like the first time smell... well convince me at least not! & a second time - put it away.

When the good perfume-friend decided to order a bottle of the said fragrance (thoughts: what does he like SOOO about a bottle that is directly absorbed?) I absolutely had to test it on the skin again. No sooner said than done. Done. *Pfft* *Pfft*

Directly surrounding me is a cloud of pleasantly striking juniper, but soon muted by soft warm musk & a subtle sweet-vanilla note. Hmm... actually already good... hmm actually even really good. Over the next 4-5 hours I could not stop smelling my wrist. How could I have been so wrong at first impression? He can do something!
Next day: Woke up - sample taken from the bedside table - sprayed on - & (quote: Sonny94's comment MFK APOM) suddenly a bright flash in the sky, a flaming meteor crashes to earth.
My heart beats faster, the pupils dilate, my hands are bathed in sweat. F*ck! What is this actually for n horny shit! This time again: - put it away... but only to go to my cell phone, call up Parfumo & order a travelflacon directly from the souk. The fragrance had me completely under its spell
Less than a week later, after I had emptied the travel flacon halfway through, I got some compliments from my environment for the fragrance (i know - it doesn't really matter how others judge that you smell really good, you still like to hear it) & my girlfriend also gave the ok for the fragrance, it was bought as a flacon from the souk. So it was also decided: this is my Signature.

My first 10.0 rating & he really earned it. I always thought my first 10.0 will inspire me immediately, grab & not let go. In addition, I was in the belief that my nose is final with their decisions & nothing more can be done about it. But in the end it turned out that with perfumes it's like with many things in life: even if you find them hmm... not so good... you shouldn't just write them off. With the time you might learn to appreciate & love exactly these disregarded & seemingly interchangeable things.

Thanks to Francis Kurkdjian - you blatant G!

Chapeau to your nose & everyone else a relaxed day!
photo SYNTHESIS
Apparently, some perfumers here have quite similar experiences with this silver fabric here. With some of them you can read that it took a while, that they thought it was disgusting in the beginning and that you're now completely blown away by Gentle fluidity. Pah!

Funny as it sounds, I felt the same way. MFK is now not necessarily the fragrance house from which I like every second fragrance, not even every seventh. Apart from masculin Pluriel, I really can't wear anything. But you can read great things about the silver Gentle fluidity from the beginning. So last autumn I sprayed the Gf on paper for the first time in a department store. Top note directly "bääh"! Sweet crab with pseudo freshness. Test strips promptly disposed of. I came back a few weeks later and sprayed the test strip as well as the wrist, you never know. Result was still, more "so" than "lala". The smell just didn't seem to be for me. Chapter closed.

But of course it turned out quite differently. Fixed again by very benevolent comments and statements about the fragrance, I dug out a sample last week that I had received from a dear perfumer a while ago. It should be mentioned that blue sky, pleasant temperatures and spring fever prevailed (I'm happily married). This time after the spraying then "wow!". What a spoon this is suddenly. It almost knocked my socks off, because Gf is now perceived by me in such a completely different way. The "Süßkrams" in the top note is merely the precursor for this synthetic symphony of freshness, which bears the double name "Musky-juniper" and reveals a very special freshness that won't let me go. Unfortunately the feared will-having-reflex came and I found a good offer in the souk. The flacon is so clean, silvery and shiny that you would like to wear it as an amulet around your neck. Up to now I have never found a bottle that reflects the essence of a fragrance as well as this Gentle fluidity. My feeling is also that the fragrance needs light to unfold really well in my nose. The sunnier the day, the better I find this splendid example of synthetics
After all, synthetics are generally considered to be pejorative when it comes to perfumes, dear fellow-smellers. With expensive perfumes this should not happen at all! However, the synthetics of this fragrance could not be more fitting and appropriate. Sometimes the fragrance makes me think of various science fiction scenarios: White glass palaces, well-groomed people walking busily through the futuristic pedestrian zones. White floating gondolas move in orderly tracks in the public transport of the future. Everything is clean, everything is tidy.
Well, I didn't think my opinion of any fragrance could change that much. Even if other perfumos have had different experiences, but the one or other splash more, the fragrance on me - contrary to many others from MFK

Thanks for reading
Benedikt2019
*MFK* wonderful after all?
*MFK* is one of the fragrance houses I have tested pretty much everything from. I don't know why, I didn't really like anything they pump into bottles. Especially "Oud Satin Mood" and "Grand Soir" belong to the worst scents on the market for me. Sticky, pompous, suffocating, fogging and hard to get off, that describes them best. Sorry for the lovers of every stink bomb, but opinion is opinion. Only the "Petit Matin" and the "Lumiere Noire" I could get a little bit of pleasure from. Also the *Masculin Pluriel" is quite nice, although the most common scent in the world. I swear!

So I went around the world cursing against *MFK*. Tore the scents into statements and swore to me that no one would ever move in here! And then on top of that, say the prices, are they crazy?

Then a letter came.
No, not from Hogwarts Just a scented letter from the beloved Mark Among many other rehearsals *Thank you Markus* this was also the "Fluidity Silver"...

What can I say? Yeah, he's awesome! Period. I confess, I love him, he's wonderful and exactly my type
What's in his favor?
The following is summarized in key points:

- It is fresh (basic requirement with me!)
- He is beautifully tart and clearly masculine
- He has a soft powder that makes it more subtle
- It's not too woody
- It contains the juniper berry, which gives the final touch to the whole thing
- He's more of a gentleman than Hallodri
- It is simple and straightforward, but also unique (that's great)
- In the segment of fresh and tangy fragrances he is probably in the top class
- It's always portable: Summer, autumn, winter, spring

In summary: A lightly powdered silver cutlery that blends well with body chemistry and leaves a fresh and well-groomed impression. It is therefore not as overlying and repellent as the "Masculin Pluriel" or the pipe cleaner scent (well, you know which one I mean?).

Conclusion: *MFK* can be wonderful. Or: Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain ;)

TOPTOP 11 days ago
Nice scent but I expected it to be better - pleasant but not overwhelming. I probably wouldn't buy the bottle.
MeteoroMeteoro 4 months ago
Fresh and clean scent with a cozy and delicate sweet base. Excellent unisex summer fragrance, although to me it leans towards masculine.
GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
Silver Mountain Water opening + Aventus middle + Green Irish Tweed dry down.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Gentle Fluidity Silver is fresh and acrid, woody and a little bit powdery. You get the juniper berries, ambroxan and musk.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Aventus without the pinneaple or vodka on the rocks but less powerful. Nice smell, Woody & fresh, perfect for daily use. Average performance

Ja, er schwebt tatsächlich...
by Flanker
by DAV
by Marlex
by Marlex

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian