L'Homme À la Rose 2020

L'Homme À la Rose by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
L'Homme À la Rose is a new perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

May rose absolute, Grapefruit, Amberwood, Spanish cistus, Bulgarian damask rose, French sage

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.04.2021.

Oh so sour...
This probably describes my mood at the moment. It's a sunny spring day and I thought it the perfect climate to try this new offering from MFK. The opening is so sour. I like that because it reminds me of a yellow flower I used to chew when I was a kid in Spain, it was sour and smelt green like this. It's been about 4 hours and now it's all but gone. That's it. Nothing stunning. Rosy, sour and slightly spicy fragrance that seems to disappear rather quickly. If I have to spray 3 times a day then it's way to expensive for what it offers.

Good but overpriced
I am dumbfounded in this world of pretentious snobbery that luxury is . I know I am always very boring with the issue of prices , but this perfume has nothing special as to charge € 250/100 ml for it .

I don't want to be misinterpreted , it´s a good perfume , it has certain quality and a good lasting ; but it doesn't stand out too much and it doesn't have spectacular creativity neither .

It reminds me of the perfumer's job for Mr Burberry .

The grapefruit note is very present , with its tartness and bitterness . The rose emerges soon with that silky characteristic reminiscent of fabric softeners . There are also herbal nuances that may even be slightly reminiscent of mint . You can feel the movement and the technical work here .

The amberwood is in the background ( somewhat similar to the baccarat one ) , along with grapefruit gives memories of Mr Burberry which also declares cardamom , and well this MFK can sometimes reminds me this spice too . The qualities and the appearance however , are better here . I would say the volume and the presence more than the quality itself .

You can also feel labdanum and besides that it has something that I don't know if I'll be the only one who notices it , but during its development I smell something similar to orange blossom . Not pure orange blossom but that mix of citrus and floral notes gives me a similar impression .

Conclusion : Very nice perfume with some power but I can´t overlook the price tag , I am sorry but I can´t support it .

Landshark321
Perfectly pleasant but not outstanding
One of Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s newest releases is L’Homme A la Rose, a fresh rose scent designed for men, and I think it mostly hits the mark in this respect. It’s fresh, slightly sharp, ever so slightly sweet, but mostly rosy and pleasantly so, with some citruses and spices to create rounded, balanced perfume, some key notes being grapefruit, sage, and amber wood.

This falls into the category of being very nice and easily wearable and versatile, but a bit pricey for lacking boldness and innovation. Still, it could be a rosy men’s signature scent—not to mention a perfectly pleasant option for women or anyone else—so if it’s one of a handful of scents that one wears, it could be worthwhile.

Retail pricing is $275 for the standard 70ml bottle size in EDP concentration, sold at the French house site as well US boutiques and department stores. It performs reasonably well, but not outstandingly.

Overall, a nice scent worth smelling but not groundbreaking.

7 out of 10

Manly rose
I came to MFK shop for the other fragrance, but I came home with L' Homme A la rose!!!

The shop assistance insisted me to give it a try. As an old school man, I didn't think the roses suitable for the man. But after the first sniff, I changed my mind.

It opens with the roses and fruity note. Yes, it's sweet. But it is not too sweet and absolutely no cloying sweetness in this juice. The amber wood gives this juice the masculine scents and calm down the sweetness.

This scent is quite linear. After first 5 minutes the scents doesn't change until it fades away. This scent is simple, easy to understand and very easy to wear. In my opinion the simplicity of this fragrance is the strong point. The longevity is the other strong point. I wear it at 7 am and it is still on cloths at 7 pm.

Someone told me that the rose in this juice is so synthetics. In my opinion, I can notice a little sense of synthetics only when I sniff very closed. I cannot detect the synthetics sense on the sillage around me.

This rose is MANLY ENOUGH for an old school man as I am. Easy to use and stick on your skin and cloths for day long. No major complaint at all.
Synthetics À la Rose
First of all, I must say that I am basically a fan of MFK fragrances. Although (unfortunately) only Grand Soir is in my possession so far, I have tested most of the fragrances of this manufacturer. Especially the naturalness and the longevity in combination with the creativity are very appealing to me.

Now for the fragrance:
With L'Homme À la Rose I personally (without knowing the scents beforehand) imagined a partly fresh as well as somewhat woody scent, which is accompanied by a beautiful soft rose.

The first time I sprayed the sample, I was immediately met by a gush of synthetics. After a short time I could partially perceive the lemon-like paired with some grapefruit. Then the rose also joined (clumsy and hard). That was it for about half an hour. I smelled my arm again and again and waited for the further course. After about an hour I only noticed pure synthetics, like those of a bad Dior Sauvage Dupes. More simply did not come.

Conclusion:
I'm really a MFK fan, but I can't (yet) do anything with the scent. Unfortunately really trivial compared to masterpieces like Grand Soir, Oud Satin Mood etc. Therefore I can't recommend it and hope that this release was just a slip, because in my opinion the price-performance ratio is not right here.
Cheers
MFK goes Designer
What a surprise when yesterday afternoon I found a strange envelope with the sender MFK from France. That's what I call a noble gesture, to make the more or less loyal customers happy with a free sample of the latest creation. Many a house could cut itself a slice there.

The very next morning the scent was applied. But what can I say, disappointment followed on foot. The fragrance starts right away with a strong presence that immediately reveals something pungent synthetic. The rose doesn't hesitate to clap me in the face, but strangely superficial without real depth. The idea itself of giving a rose a lightness of touch with citrusy-fruity chords is certainly not unoriginal. Usually it goes in the other direction with patchouli or oud. Especially from FK, who has created rose works of art like LNH or OSM, I would have expected an exciting realisation of this theme. But unfortunately, in my opinion, this lightness is turned into the opposite by exaggerated synthetics.

In the further course of time the rose fades away and the fruity aspects (grapefruit) gain more and more the upper hand. I also notice floral nuances here, as they are often found at FK.

After 3-4 hours at the latest, I have the feeling of having a designer fragrance from the lower price segment on my wrist. When I think about it, this annoying synthetic has already been intimated by Amyris Homme. In my opinion, the fragrance is just getting the hang of it there. But here it shows up bluntly.

Sorry, but that's not gonna work out between us

BejanoirBejanoir 4 months ago
This speaks to me the most from the fresh line. - A true MFK creation. And where he is strongest, FRESHIES! Vibrant and sparkling, beautiful
KimJongKimJong 7 months ago
It is grossly wrong. Even worse than Amyris Homme.
JulphJulph 8 months ago
If you are an old school man (as I am).
Try it !

You will be realized that the roses are not only for woman.

6-8 hours on my skin.

by Hasanabe
by Hasanabe

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian