Lumière Noire Homme (2009)

Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design Fred Rawyler

Top 24 in Men's Perfume
Lumière Noire Homme is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Bulgarian rose, Spices, Indonesian patchouli, Mugwort

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.07.2020.

Divine!!!
I had ordered 5 new samples here, the LNM from MFK was "only" a side order.
A big thanks here to the platform and the great community :-)
I sniffed all the samples, this last one...
"Oh, my God! I thought that was him!
All other premium fragrances, also really delicious ones, were immediately off the table.
The attention was focused only on this small bottle.
Please do not disappoint me, I pray inwardly and give me your full splendour.
Will it be a One Night Stand or will you stay? I can say this much, we woke up together I don't want to describe the fragrance in detail, this has already been done here several times explicitly and you have to sniff it yourself to know what you are talking about.
The regular ingredients would have made me think at least not at all in this direction.
So I sprayed the scent after the first "Wow" right after work and immediately thought, "ULTRA WOW"! The scent is really a force and comes along potent. You try to think of something else to see if it gives way But no, there he is again, giving you a smile on your face. If I had to describe in two words what emotions the fragrance arouses in me, it would be "sexy and happy".
Even my hard training of a good hour in the gym and my final walk through the beautiful Hamburg Eppendorf could not shake this baby off.
When I woke up this morning, he was right back again and in the end that convinced me 100%.
I will order the fragrance as soon as possible and not give it away anymore, simply divine!

Contrasts
It's interesting. I seem to have an affinity for fragrances that I don't like that much at first, but then with enough time they develop into what you've been looking for a long time. That's what happened to Lumière Noire and me. Love came slowly. After spraying the first spray from a plastic tester on my wrist, I was anything but enthusiastic. Old woman and funny-smelling soap were my first associations, and the bottling was immediately placed in the darkest corner of my desk. Disappointed, I left the room and was not to touch the scent for some time.

One warm evening in March I was sitting at the computer and looked out the window. The setting sun shone into my study and directed my gaze to the formerly dark corner where I placed the bottling and had already forgotten it. "Well, that must be a sign," I thought to myself and applied the scent again. "Hm, not as bad as last time," it went through my mind. I continued to work on a seminar paper and shortly afterwards an incredibly great smell came into my nose. Can this be the Lumiere Noire? That scent I associated with old women and funny soap a few weeks ago? Suddenly the scent was beautifully in the air and I could not understand these thoughts at all. The bottling was emptied in the next few days as quickly as hardly any other. Afterwards I realized: The scent just has to be added to my collection.

For me, Lumière Noire is the perfect example of the art in a perfume. The fragrance tells you a story and draws you into its spell. "Black light really does fit like a glove. The name couldn't have been more fitting to describe the contrasts: Dense, enveloping and powerful Rose and Patchouli, dark, but at the same time light because of its soapy, airy and creamy character. Spices, especially cinnamon, give the fragrance that certain extra. The fragrance also forms a contrast to me, because I am not really a flowery type. The durability is unbelievably good for an eau de toilette on my skin, the pleasant projection lasts almost the entire lifetime of the fragrance, which I have rarely experienced. The fragrance is absolutely not annoying and is always wearable. No synthetics whatsoever, the quality is - as usual from Francis Kurkdjian - on a level of the extra class.

I'm glad I didn't write the fragrance off and gave it another chance, because now it has become one of my absolute favourite fragrances. I would never have thought that I would one day wear a rose scent. Well, you're wrong. The course of my evaluation of this fragrance is also significant. At the beginning of a seven continuously corrected upwards. However, I can understand anyone who has copied the scent after testing it once. I can only encourage you to give it another chance! Maybe you will have the same fate as I did.

In any case, I am delighted to finally be the proud owner of a bottle. And this one is definitely no longer standing in a dark corner
Lexilus
Want to buy Rose? Yeah, give me the whole bush!
I experience it far too often that I read reviews of popular fragrances here and think that I should definitely try them out.

So I go to the nearest perfumery and start sniffing and then find that there is something wrong with my nose. How can a fragrance be so well rated? How can I not recognize the art behind it?

This insight runs through all known and popular brands with one exception, namely MFK!!!

MFK is something like a safe bank for me. This guy hits my taste in almost every scent and causes astonishment.

My favorite fragrance of his is Amyris Homme, and yet I write my first comment on Parfumo about Lumiére Noire pour Homme.

Why?

So I stand in the perfumery and have a splash and smell myself...I am immediately blown away and see myself at the checkout BUT I made this mistake too often as the scent often didn't meet my taste so I said goodbye and walked through the city centre...

No matter if I look ahead, turn around or look left or right, this rose always hits me and I catch myself closing my eyes more often, enjoying the moment and forgetting everything around me. This phenomenon is extremely rare for me and shows me the position Francis Kurkdjian has for me personally.

Now the rose is more of a feminine scent but MFK has managed to make me like showing myself with this rose, wearing it with pride and recommending it to anyone who asks me to do so.

Why is this my first (unprofessional) comment on a fragrance?

That's exactly why!

Lumiere Noire Pour Homme
Another highly regarded scent from the house of Francis Kurkdjian. Lumiere Noire Pour Homme is one I have got to know over the last 18 months, so I hope you enjoy the review and thank you for watching,

Current mood or more?
It'll be, like, two years ago. I was just going through one of my more enthusiastic phases on Parfumo, ordering and testing a lot. All too often I came to a judgement which, from today's perspective, was made far too rashly. By the way, I still succumb to that temptation today. This may be due to an impulsively direct manner. Since I basically have no problem with admitting errors as such later on, I live quite well with them
Lumiére Noire pour Homme was an exceptional fragrance for me from the very beginning. Even after some tested flower calibres, nothing comparable has come under my nose until today.
I found him so special that this circumstance was to his disadvantage. Also the rose was basically, and this is a matter of head, simply too "feminine preloaded" nailed behind the frontal lobes. This new fragrance had great problems to establish itself in the role of a men's fragrance. I classified this perfume as a wedding scent, a candidate for special occasions and these are circumstances that leave me almost angry.
I don't like this... Perfumes only for special moments ... i don't want to buy myself. Just like good cutlery for special occasions. Objects and products that are subject to daily use in such categories to divide I find silly for me and I try to avoid.

A few weeks ago, the bottling, which had been criminally disregarded up to that point, fell into my hands again. It was a Sunday and I dared to use the scent. In the meantime, my nose had gained some new impressions, many of which are based on flowery aspects, I think most of them even come from the same pen.
Those impressions did not improve the chances of this candidate at first, they only manifested the impression that for me as a man the rose was not an alternative to a regularly used perfume.
Well, I now own a bottle of this masterpiece.

From that Sunday on, I felt this fragrance to be completely different, but I completely rearranged it from the very first moment. Clearly masculine, in my view there is no doubt about that at all. Daily use? But I'm asking. I know of few fragrances which interweave a difficult core theme for me in such a way, on the one hand present and yet act in the background, bringing with them such an unagitated presence and yet, moderately dosed, offering such great potency.

What I have learned to appreciate here compared to my early days, are fragrances that manage to do the splits, to let go in time and not to stick like a limpet and almost logically hit the opposite nerve at some point.
I know, I have such candidates in my collection. However, they are having an increasingly difficult time and are therefore on the brink of collapse. With Lumieére Noire pour Homme, its creator has succeeded in a godlike way in playfully avoiding this circumstance.

This fragrance, I think, suits me like few others
He, I want to say, humanizes in his own unique way. I'm perfectly comfortable using it. The last 14 days, I wore it on the days 9-10 and not only that I never got tired of it, I would have loved to wear it on days 11-14. Only the fear of losing respect for adaptation and the specialness of the commonplace drive me prophylactically into this calculated action.

Has something of a fear of loss, so it must be love, right?
Rokinidzo
Your nose leads you through the dark
Stand in a dark room, spray in - let there be light! Immediately you will forget everything and fall into thoughts, your imagination brings light into the dark! Thank you Francis! As a man I find this fragrance very successful - even with this great rose. Well-groomed appearance, self-confident, charming and superimposed, that's how it seems to me!

Pretty long lasting! Lumiere noire, as the name suggests - for me only wearable in the evening, the lion leaves the enclosure!
Bewitching Rose Water
Before I begin with the characterization of this really high-quality fragrance - so much is already anticipated - I would like to thank the entire forum and in particular Terra and Schoork, who informed and entertained me through their extensive writing work here in the forum and who brought me to the product series of Maison Francis Kurkdjian through their entries in the first place. I'm just a "newbie" and a little naïve in the fragrance universe. Of course, I would also like to express my thanks to Lenni1985, who sent me bottlings of "Lumière Noire pour homme" and "APOM". The "APOM" will also be evaluated in a few days, but for now it will be the "Lumière Noire pour homme"'s turn.

The rose ... phew. Rose scents and me - that can sometimes be a very difficult constellation. Many rose fragrances are too old-fashioned for me and just don't suit me because I still feel a little too young for them. I noticed that there's another way with Guerlain's extremely great gourmand, the "Homme Ideal" as eau de parfum. Here a rose is present, which is underlined by spice and leather and fortunately also does not jump at one so.
It's a little different with Kurkdjian's creation. The opening is loud, offensive and creates an aha effect. The rose can't be smelled, but instead of being deterred, I wait to see how the fragrance progresses. I'm curious to see what role the cinnamon will play here. Will I also hear the mugwort, a classic aromatic herb? I'm curious.

In any case, the rose does not need to push itself into the foreground, because it is already where it seems it wants to be. Her presence is characterized by an authenticity that will amaze you. I have already said that I don't take too positively too dominant roses, but the naturalness as it appears here inspires me. Yeah, it still all smells a little, let's say, old-fashioned. It smells like a rose water which, according to my personal experiences, is often worn by elderly people. Is that it, then? Does the rose continue to scream at me so loudly without being slowed down by other scent elements? The answer is a clear no. But please continue reading.

After about an hour the cinnamon joins it. At the S- and U-Bahn station "Heidelberger Platz" in Berlin, the place where the Ringbahn and the student line par excellence, the U-Bahn line 3, meet, there is a small snack shop on the upper platform offering various delicacies. One always hears only one note and that is that of the so-called "French rolls", i.e. cinnamon rolls. The whole platform smells like cinnamon and I like to take a breath again and again, because it is not polluted by the usual "Berlin air". The cinnamon note that we find in "Lumière Noire pour homme", on the other hand, is much more subtle, so that our beloved rose remains the centre of attention. Here, too, the cinnamon is staged in an incredibly authentic way, but without jumping into the foreground, as on the platform I mentioned earlier. It has a contrasting effect, whereby the once slightly sticky rose water "dries out" a little, if not becomes even dustier.
And then there's the mugwort. As if he were already feeling disadvantaged next to the rose and the cinnamon, he gently pats the cinnamon on the shoulder to ask if he could help it to grab the messed-up rose and bring it to raison d'être. They both courageously try to hold on to the thorny plant, but they may not succeed. The rose is too strong, too dominant and omnipresent. This does not mean, however, that cinnamon, mugwort and patchouli - the latter we do not want to forget - are ineffective. The cinnamon is able to add a certain spice to the whole composition, while the mugwort and patchouli ground it and give it a very light green colour that can be perceived with a more precise smell. This results in a wealth of facets in which I am always wondering whether "Lumière Noire pour homme" suits me. Sometimes we have a rose that suppresses everything around it and with which I only want to have something to do for a short time and that only because I like its authenticity so much. Then exactly this rose is underlaid with a discreet spice, typical of cinnamon, while only a little later it is slightly earthy-green. In fact, it also happens that Rose, Spice and the Earthy come together a little later but separate again and from then on come out alternately before they possibly meet again sometime. It seems to depend very much on the skin how the fragrance develops. Maybe it's skin-typical that I don't hear cumin. Who knows ...

We can therefore state that the fragrance process does not really come to an end. "Lumière Noire pour homme" can shine with an enormous versatility that the wearer can admire for more than ten hours without any problems. The Sillage is just right for such a fragrance. Two sprays are enough to make his environment happy, but not to disturb it. It should be considered, however, that this fragrance is rather something for autumn or spring. It should not be too warm in my eyes, otherwise the rose could become a little too penetrating even for rose lovers.

With "Lumière Noire pour homme", Maison Francis Kurkdjian has created a fragrance that even demands recognition from me as a Rosenskeptiker. The quality of this mystical rose water with its enormous power of transformation is simply grandiose. I have noticed for myself that the scent does not quite suit me, but this circumstance should not diminish my evaluation at all. I will try it out a few more times and maybe in a while I will find out that we both fit together. Until then, I will test more offshoots of Kurkdjians. The "APOM" is already waiting in the drawer and is literally crying out to be tested. But this should be done in peace and quiet, because one does not want to overtax one's nose and thus distort one's own judgement, but from today on it is a fact that I am fixed by Kurkdjian's fragrance series and that many a bottling will still move in with me.

Snow White
Fine, soft starting. Slowly gaining strength without becoming pushy. Body odour rose which meanders and shines exactly at the border between warm and cold, sweet and sour. Great cinema. Dark spicy notes (mugwort?, cumin, patchouli) against and with a steamed, dark red rose. I'm beginning to understand the name of this fragrance.

In a way it is dark red to ebony black, but at the same time it warms like sunlight. He could also be called Snow White. White as snow, red as blood and black as ebony. Ok, just a male Snow White ;)

I can hardly imagine wearing this fragrance at a time other than in the evening - this dark light needs the twilight to be visible to be felt. Yeah, sunshine works, too, but it's easy to overheat. Maybe on an autumn or winter afternoon, when you are longing for a warmth that has been swallowed up by the darkness outside for a long time.

Unfortunately, the shelf life on my skin is rather low, after two hours the fragrance starts to dissolve in rose powder, soon afterwards it can only be perceived very closely. I will test this several times and adjust my rating if necessary. Too bad. It should have been a little more
Micscent
(1) A dozen roses for the man (1/12)
As a newcomer here, I'm going to try a series of comments. I hope they please.

The motivation, the idea and the criteria:
I'm a real fan of the scent of roses (in my youth my mother had Paris from YSL. I found "the hammer") But the rose isn't exactly the one you first come across as part of a men's fragrance. Nevertheless, I think the rose is contained in more and more men's fragrances.
According to the following criteria I / I will therefore have selected 12 of these fragrances and will comment and compare them bit by bit:
- Men fragrance (exception Desert Rose from Urban Scent as unisex fragrance, I simply had to add)
- Rose as heart note (exception: Much ado about the Duke by Penhaligon, idea originated in London)
- Published from the year 2000
- Rating of at least 6.0 with at least 40 ratings
- No Oud (not so mine)

Getting started: (1) Lumière Noir pour homme by the Maison Francis Kurkdjian

The house, the perfumer and the shop:
Francis Kurkdjian (*1969) grew up in a suburb in the east of Paris. He received training in dance and classical piano, but then decided to become a perfumer. In 1993, he completed his training at ISIPCA, one of the most recognized perfume schools in the world. Shortly afterwards (at the age of 25 (!) he created his first fragrance, Le Male, by Jean Paul Gaultier, one of the best-selling men's fragrances in the world (also an essential fragrance of my youth, I found enormously erotic). Since then, Francis Kurkdjian has created over 40 fragrances for renowned brands such as Escada, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Versace and Giorgio Armani. Finally he founded his own perfume house "Maison Francis Kurkdjian" in 2009 (together with Marc Chaya). The house wants to bring out "enchanting" yet "precise" creations ("codes"). According to his own statement, the focus is on "purity, refinement, timelessness and the audacity of a newly invented classicism". Lumière Noir pour Homme (* 2009) I first got as a sample in the "perfumery of my trust" (a big thank you to "love")

The fragrance, the ingredients and the experience:
Lumière Notre pour Homme starts with a clear rose. The mugwort probably gives the rose a stronger, slightly green tone. Mugwort is cultivated for the perfume industry above all in Morocco, Algeria, France and the regions of the former Yugoslavia (otherwise the common mugwort is used as a spice plant for fatty, heavy meat dishes (!). The oil is obtained from the dried whole cabbage and is then called "Essence d'Armoise". The Essence d'Armoise is combined with cumin (or cumin). The oil is obtained from the dried and ground seeds of the small plant that is native to Mediterranean countries, China and India. Cumin is a note that is used in many men's fragrances and, in my opinion, is responsible for the intensification of the rose and the further development of the warm basic tone of the fragrance. Without anticipating too much, it should be noted that cumin will also be encountered in Déclaration d'un Soir, where "a dozen roses for men" are combined with cardamom. Francis Kurkdian combines cumin in Absolue pour le Soir with musk to create an intense fragrance experience. After this first impression, a soft patchouli takes the lead in the overall impression. This patchouli is earthy and above all balsamic and velvety, rather not woody as usual. From my point of view, not sweet at all. Patchouli is a very cutting component of fragrances: As an essential oil extracted from the initially dried leaves, it is used as a fixer and ensures long-lasting adhesion and thus effect. After about an hour at the latest, a delicate, harmoniously soft rose/patchouli combination unfolds completely. Even over 10 hours after spraying, this wonderful combination remains unchanged. In addition, there is the further developed Essence d'Armoise with a very light note of black tea. I cannot personally perceive the cinnamon directly, but if necessary it underlines the warmth of the scent. The whole thing is in any case incredibly noble and soft, but also a bit feminine.

The conclusion, the comparison and the practical application:
Not only because I wanted to test here, I constantly smelled on my wrist all day long. Perhaps not suitable for every occasion and also not everyone's thing, but noble, round and simply well done. I can understand the high rating of 8.4 at almost 500 ratings very well and give an 8, and that only because for my practice use a little too feminine for a pure men's fragrance.

(1) Lumière Noir pour Homme - The noble softie

P.S. The final fragrances for "a dozen roses for men" have not yet been finalized. I would be happy to receive tips and suggestions.

The meaning of balance
Lumière Noire pour homme from Kurkdjian's empire is one of the most paradoxical, yet the most balanced perfume I have ever met. Once it opens with the very sparkling floral notes, it starts murmuring the dark spell of the woods and spices under your nose. To me the most attractive thing is that all the notes are presented together, and they construct a very lovely scent which is not only extremely captivating but also unforgettable. Moreover, in this perfume rose is the best supporting actress who plays a very crucial and sensual role, fading in and out all through this movie. As the name suggests, where ever you have the light you will have shadows as well. To me, this perfume is much like a philosophy talking about proportionality. Lumiere noire shows you the lights and the shadows (patchouli) made by those lights in a remarkable artistic way. Literally, all the notes used in this perfume are in their most balanced shaped, especially Cinnamon and cumin which are used commonly for exaggerations in lots of perfumes. Lumiere Noire is the old play of the shadows on the curtain. Give it a try.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
It's very floral (one of the best roses I tried) as well spicy and herbal, making it difficult for me not to assume it as unisex. Very good!
MRothMRoth 4 years ago
Does indeed feature mugwort - a musty, fusty herb. Always a joy to encounter a rarely-used note, and in Lumiere Noire, expertly blended.

Schwarzlicht
by Floyd
by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
Schwarz leuchtet die welke Rose
by Floyd
by Rfactor84
by Rfactor84
Mein Start in die Nische. ;)
by TomDuft
by Zielkomat
by Delidervis
by Delidervis

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian