Lumière Noire Homme 2009

Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design Fred Rawyler
Top 31 in Men's Perfume
Lumière Noire Homme is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose
SpicesSpices
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
MugwortMugwort

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.07.2021.

The Hope Rose
In search of a male rose fragrance, this fragrance was my last stop for now. A considerable sum I put down for a Durftprobe, because the fragrance is already discontinued and samples are sometimes rare on the market.

For me, the fragrance is not very exciting. Rose is of course the main note. However, I lack exciting masculine accents. For a pure rose fragrance, I can also help myself in the women's department.

The good reviews let me hope. Ultimately, however, I was disappointed and will not buy a bottle. Maybe that's better. Now still a good bottle to get seems to be an adventurous venture.
Malzban
"Do not fret that the rosebush bears thorns, but rejoice that the thornbush bears roses"
An Arabic proverb, which describes very well about my relationship between me and this fragrance.

It started 5 years ago when I ordered 3 fragrance samples. It had been PDM Herod, Tauer № 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain and Lumiere Noire. However, the Lumiere Noire managed to win me over the most out of the three and from the first sniff, all I could think was how beautiful such a rose scent paired with a cinnamon note could be. I was very excited and he was from now on my wish list.

On a particular day, I took the sample with me and have applied it nice and rich.
A huge mistake!
I literally got my heart broken that damn day. It wasn't the same after that. It got me so emotionally involved and touched that I kept having flashbacks as soon as I smelled just a whiff of Lumiere Noire. What fragrances can do to you. He was from now on my waiting list.

5 years have now passed and today I can happily say, it hasn't gotten as bad as it used to. I can again make friends with Lumiere Noire and spray on without having to immediately associate any negative memories.
Is it really worth carrying around such an emotional burden your whole life by ruining one of the most beautiful fragrances I know because of it? No, I thought to myself.
So I finally got myself a bottle last year and I'm very glad that I decided to do so, despite all the experience.

How I learned to love
Like many of the most beautiful moments in life, this story begins with a mistake! One of the best mistakes I could make...

This mistake was a blind purchase that went neatly into the pants!
But I'd have to backtrack very briefly: In the early summer of 2020, bored with the c*r*na-induced monotony I blindly bought a niche aquatic that was recommended to me by a couple of Youtubers. The offer was good, what could go wrong I thought - so ordered directly. After a short test - the disillusionment - No thanks! Nix like in the souk with it ... where I could exchange the fragrance also after some time with a very nice Swiss Parfumo, against a fragrance I also did not know - the Lumiere Noire. The exchange offer sounded very fair at first, and I like Rose a lot. I did not know that I would win so much...

Ca two weeks later then it was so far - the exchange package arrived - quite excited unpacked and directly on the wrist with it.

For me, Lumiere Noire is primarily a fresh soapy gentleman fragrance! And one for the playful gentlemen who spray their charm with a snappy saying and / or a mischievous grin. A bit like Patrick Jane aka the Mentalist.

About the fragrance itself:
He is quite linear, superficially plays the beautiful soapy-fresh rose the main role. And yet he is so much more!!!
Because through the patchouli-heavy base and the incredibly beautifully complemented herbs/spices (don't ask me what kind) the whole thing gets an earthy-tart antagonist that lets the rose shine!
I must say quite honestly I do with Lumiere Noire really hard to analyze the fragrance and describe it in detail, because this fragrance is for me rather emotionally exciting, it is a not only a fragrance but a feeling - an olfactory happy place so to say.

When I smell the bottle, I get goosebumps. When I wear it I feel freshly sexy and elegant, almost a little better than everyone else. I love not only this fragrance, but when I wear it, I love myself a little bit more.

It is a great pity that MFK has taken him out of the range!

Rose-Wood-Artemisia Suited For Women and Men
A loved one bought a bunch of samples of fragrances from luckyscent and I've been trying out some of them. Whilst this fragrance says "pour homme", as a woman I liked this one. The mix of patchouli with the lighter floral rose blends well. It brings me back to my Uni student days and sourcing a lovely rose-patchouli incense from a quaint little bookshop in Glebe, Sydney. The strongest note for me is the artemisia and there's a lovely mix of spiciness and woody notes which do make this a somewhat more 'masculine' scent about 10 minutes in. However, I still would class this as a unisex fragrance, suited to those who like floral rose perfumes.

As time goes by, it becomes a more gentle floral rose, somewhat sweet but balanced by the spices and supported by the earthiness of the patchouli and the herbal artemisia. It's a classic scent, ideal for the office and formal occasion. The longevity is excellent, and it has excellent projection so a little goes a long way. I'm down to just a few applications left from the 2ml luckyscent sample and am considering getting this perfume in the future.
Divine!!!
I had ordered 5 new samples here, the LNM from MFK was "only" a side order.
A big thanks here to the platform and the great community :-)
I sniffed all the samples, this last one...
"Oh, my God! I thought that was him!
All other premium fragrances, also really delicious ones, were immediately off the table.
The attention was focused only on this small bottle.
Please do not disappoint me, I pray inwardly and give me your full splendour.
Will it be a One Night Stand or will you stay? I can say this much, we woke up together I don't want to describe the fragrance in detail, this has already been done here several times explicitly and you have to sniff it yourself to know what you are talking about.
The regular ingredients would have made me think at least not at all in this direction.
So I sprayed the scent after the first "Wow" right after work and immediately thought, "ULTRA WOW"! The scent is really a force and comes along potent. You try to think of something else to see if it gives way But no, there he is again, giving you a smile on your face. If I had to describe in two words what emotions the fragrance arouses in me, it would be "sexy and happy".
Even my hard training of a good hour in the gym and my final walk through the beautiful Hamburg Eppendorf could not shake this baby off.
When I woke up this morning, he was right back again and in the end that convinced me 100%.
I will order the fragrance as soon as possible and not give it away anymore, simply divine!

Contrasts
It's interesting. I seem to have an affinity for fragrances that I don't like that much at first, but then with enough time they develop into what you've been looking for a long time. That's what happened to Lumière Noire and me. Love came slowly. After spraying the first spray from a plastic tester on my wrist, I was anything but enthusiastic. Old woman and funny-smelling soap were my first associations, and the bottling was immediately placed in the darkest corner of my desk. Disappointed, I left the room and was not to touch the scent for some time.

One warm evening in March I was sitting at the computer and looked out the window. The setting sun shone into my study and directed my gaze to the formerly dark corner where I placed the bottling and had already forgotten it. "Well, that must be a sign," I thought to myself and applied the scent again. "Hm, not as bad as last time," it went through my mind. I continued to work on a seminar paper and shortly afterwards an incredibly great smell came into my nose. Can this be the Lumiere Noire? That scent I associated with old women and funny soap a few weeks ago? Suddenly the scent was beautifully in the air and I could not understand these thoughts at all. The bottling was emptied in the next few days as quickly as hardly any other. Afterwards I realized: The scent just has to be added to my collection.

For me, Lumière Noire is the perfect example of the art in a perfume. The fragrance tells you a story and draws you into its spell. "Black light really does fit like a glove. The name couldn't have been more fitting to describe the contrasts: Dense, enveloping and powerful Rose and Patchouli, dark, but at the same time light because of its soapy, airy and creamy character. Spices, especially cinnamon, give the fragrance that certain extra. The fragrance also forms a contrast to me, because I am not really a flowery type. The durability is unbelievably good for an eau de toilette on my skin, the pleasant projection lasts almost the entire lifetime of the fragrance, which I have rarely experienced. The fragrance is absolutely not annoying and is always wearable. No synthetics whatsoever, the quality is - as usual from Francis Kurkdjian - on a level of the extra class.

I'm glad I didn't write the fragrance off and gave it another chance, because now it has become one of my absolute favourite fragrances. I would never have thought that I would one day wear a rose scent. Well, you're wrong. The course of my evaluation of this fragrance is also significant. At the beginning of a seven continuously corrected upwards. However, I can understand anyone who has copied the scent after testing it once. I can only encourage you to give it another chance! Maybe you will have the same fate as I did.

In any case, I am delighted to finally be the proud owner of a bottle. And this one is definitely no longer standing in a dark corner
Lexilus
Want to buy Rose? Yeah, give me the whole bush!
I experience it far too often that I read reviews of popular fragrances here and think that I should definitely try them out.

So I go to the nearest perfumery and start sniffing and then find that there is something wrong with my nose. How can a fragrance be so well rated? How can I not recognize the art behind it?

This insight runs through all known and popular brands with one exception, namely MFK!!!

MFK is something like a safe bank for me. This guy hits my taste in almost every scent and causes astonishment.

My favorite fragrance of his is Amyris Homme, and yet I write my first comment on Parfumo about Lumiére Noire pour Homme.

Why?

So I stand in the perfumery and have a splash and smell myself...I am immediately blown away and see myself at the checkout BUT I made this mistake too often as the scent often didn't meet my taste so I said goodbye and walked through the city centre...

No matter if I look ahead, turn around or look left or right, this rose always hits me and I catch myself closing my eyes more often, enjoying the moment and forgetting everything around me. This phenomenon is extremely rare for me and shows me the position Francis Kurkdjian has for me personally.

Now the rose is more of a feminine scent but MFK has managed to make me like showing myself with this rose, wearing it with pride and recommending it to anyone who asks me to do so.

Why is this my first (unprofessional) comment on a fragrance?

That's exactly why!

Lumiere Noire Pour Homme
Another highly regarded scent from the house of Francis Kurkdjian. Lumiere Noire Pour Homme is one I have got to know over the last 18 months, so I hope you enjoy the review and thank you for watching,

Current mood or more?
It'll be, like, two years ago. I was just going through one of my more enthusiastic phases on Parfumo, ordering and testing a lot. All too often I came to a judgement which, from today's perspective, was made far too rashly. By the way, I still succumb to that temptation today. This may be due to an impulsively direct manner. Since I basically have no problem with admitting errors as such later on, I live quite well with them
Lumiére Noire pour Homme was an exceptional fragrance for me from the very beginning. Even after some tested flower calibres, nothing comparable has come under my nose until today.
I found him so special that this circumstance was to his disadvantage. Also the rose was basically, and this is a matter of head, simply too "feminine preloaded" nailed behind the frontal lobes. This new fragrance had great problems to establish itself in the role of a men's fragrance. I classified this perfume as a wedding scent, a candidate for special occasions and these are circumstances that leave me almost angry.
I don't like this... Perfumes only for special moments ... i don't want to buy myself. Just like good cutlery for special occasions. Objects and products that are subject to daily use in such categories to divide I find silly for me and I try to avoid.

A few weeks ago, the bottling, which had been criminally disregarded up to that point, fell into my hands again. It was a Sunday and I dared to use the scent. In the meantime, my nose had gained some new impressions, many of which are based on flowery aspects, I think most of them even come from the same pen.
Those impressions did not improve the chances of this candidate at first, they only manifested the impression that for me as a man the rose was not an alternative to a regularly used perfume.
Well, I now own a bottle of this masterpiece.

From that Sunday on, I felt this fragrance to be completely different, but I completely rearranged it from the very first moment. Clearly masculine, in my view there is no doubt about that at all. Daily use? But I'm asking. I know of few fragrances which interweave a difficult core theme for me in such a way, on the one hand present and yet act in the background, bringing with them such an unagitated presence and yet, moderately dosed, offering such great potency.

What I have learned to appreciate here compared to my early days, are fragrances that manage to do the splits, to let go in time and not to stick like a limpet and almost logically hit the opposite nerve at some point.
I know, I have such candidates in my collection. However, they are having an increasingly difficult time and are therefore on the brink of collapse. With Lumieére Noire pour Homme, its creator has succeeded in a godlike way in playfully avoiding this circumstance.

This fragrance, I think, suits me like few others
He, I want to say, humanizes in his own unique way. I'm perfectly comfortable using it. The last 14 days, I wore it on the days 9-10 and not only that I never got tired of it, I would have loved to wear it on days 11-14. Only the fear of losing respect for adaptation and the specialness of the commonplace drive me prophylactically into this calculated action.

Has something of a fear of loss, so it must be love, right?
Rokinidzo
Your nose leads you through the dark
Stand in a dark room, spray in - let there be light! Immediately you will forget everything and fall into thoughts, your imagination brings light into the dark! Thank you Francis! As a man I find this fragrance very successful - even with this great rose. Well-groomed appearance, self-confident, charming and superimposed, that's how it seems to me!

Pretty long lasting! Lumiere noire, as the name suggests - for me only wearable in the evening, the lion leaves the enclosure!

AlconichiwaAlconichiwa 6 months ago
Discontinued
BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 months ago
Elegant and charming unisex scent where dark roses are beautifully blended with artemisia and patchouli. Dark spices and light.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It's very floral (one of the best roses I tried) as well spicy and herbal, making it difficult for me not to assume it as unisex. Very good!
MRothMRoth 5 years ago
Does indeed feature mugwort - a musty, fusty herb. Always a joy to encounter a rarely-used note, and in Lumiere Noire, expertly blended.

Schwarzlicht
by Megamare2020
by Rfactor84
by Rfactor84
by OvidiuH
Mein Start in die Nische. ;)
by TomDuft
by Delidervis
by Sliff
by Sliff

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian À la Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian