masculin Pluriel 2014

masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Top 64 in Men's Perfume
masculin Pluriel is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

California grapefruitCalifornia grapefruit
Sicilian citronSicilian citron
Provençal lavender absoluteProvençal lavender absolute
LeatherLeather
Atlas cedarAtlas cedar
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 17.09.2021.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian...
After I have spent the last time more on the subject of perfume and have looked who and what is on the market, I came across this brand. Have me then selected the various perfumes and flavors and ordered me the Amyris homme and the Masculin Pluriel as a sample...
The rating for this perfume is very high.... but unfortunately I am personally quite disappointed...
Already when spraying on I thought Oh dear,,, I will be the next months 48 years old and not 68...!?
Me immediately too "old" from the first impression...
It smells immediately strong leathery, possibly after cedar...
After I wear it three to four hours I just have to say that I always smell a smell between leathery, some lavender and possibly cedar smell. Just outside when the breeze caresses one I perceive my perfume... in that case I find partly even it smells something like cheap aftershave or shaving cream...
Too bad, but everyone has his nose and his taste...
Signature scent
For me, a soft lavender scent with a certain freshness.
Sometimes it reminds me of a shaving cream.
Some write he would smell "too old". I find that he does not. Probably reminds you of a Fougère perfume, what time your grandpa / father has worn. But if you would smell the two fragrances after each other, you would also classify the MFK MP as a modern variant of it.
But not to deny is that he smells classic.

I ordered this fragrance here in the Souk and could not help but order me the bottle.
I wear it almost every day, because it just fits into any situation.
Have you gotten older?
This sentence I hear every time in my head when I apply the fragrance. This one smells not only super intense lavender but also like.... an older man. No, it's not that 90s taxi driver like Dior Fahrenheit, but it's an elegant and well dressed older man, usually in a white shirt. Suit doesn't have to be there though. Would I buy more from him for me, in my early 20s, than just the 5 ml from a sharing? Currently not, however, I wait the further years, maybe something changes there....
Another Kurkdjian
I have stopped counting how many fragrances from the house of Kurkdjian it took two or more attempts to learn to love them. At least "masculin Pluriel" was one of them, I got him for the first time about two years ago under the nose, when I knew olfactory not so much. But while I was already enthusiastic about "APOM Homme" and "Lumière Noire Homme" back then, "masculin Pluriel" had quite a hard time impressing me. So it happened that I passed the small bottling to my cousin. A few months later, I asked him rather casually what had become of the sample and whether he liked the fragrance. He explained that there was still a little left in the mini atomizer, but that he didn't want to use it up as he quite liked the scent. I was very surprised, because I had remembered "masculin Pluriel" as a rather dull, inconsequential perfume reminiscent of simple lavender shower gel. Several times I announced here in the forum that "masculin Pluriel" always reminded me of my grandfather's after shave, which was regularly overdosed. Nevertheless, my curiosity was aroused and it was ordered a small filling in the souk - a decision that paid off.

Freshly sprayed on, "masculin Pluriel" offered me no great surprises. After all, I knew the lavender-dominated initial phase already. The lavender occurs here quite scratchy and rough, but at the same time very fresh. I wrote about a stereotypically masculine scent impression in my statement, but the whole thing is very trimmed to aftershave or even shower gel. However, if you give the fragrance time - fortunately it doesn't take hours here - you are rewarded with a lavender that loses its shower gel-like scratchiness and is underpinned by soft leather and subtle wood. "masculin Pluriel" is now impossibly aromatic, yet very mature, and manages to bridge the gap between classic scents and modernity. The triad of fresh lavender, wood and leather is easily wearable everywhere, even for the under-thirties, because there is no trace of old-fashionedness here. It doesn't matter how you are dressed, because "masculin Pluriel" goes with a shirt, a neat T-shirt, a suit, a coat or even a leather jacket. So this Kurkdjian is a suitable candidate for spring, autumn or mild winter days. The durability is thereby very good, the sillage absolutely socially acceptable.

Conclusion: it seems to boil down to the fact that my small collection will consist of Kurkdjians felt only. One could now say that this is boring or simple-minded, but on the other hand, the fragrances - not all, but many - are simply good to very good and above all suitable for everyday use
Creamy Fougéres fragrance
Where do I start best..
I have ordered 4 samples directly from the official MFK page. Among others Petit Matin, Baccarat and Baccarat Extrait.they all were mega good and have convinced me very much. But most angetan, it has me the Masculin Pluriel.... It smells for me exactly as I have always wanted or imagined a Fougeres fragrance. I didn't know the scent before and intentionally didn't look at or read any reviews about the scent because I wanted to be surprised.Even though it has a typical Fougeres touch, it's not a typical Fougeres scent for me. For all its simplicity, it has that certain something. It sounds almost paradox, because he is too simple, but iwo he is just not :).
I would argue that here the grapefruit and citrus round everything off nicely and give the lavender a harmonious accompaniment to it, which makes the fragrance nice and pleasant. Unlike other Fougeres fragrances, the lavender comes in quite smoothly here. It smells best in drydown ! Nice and creamy fresh... simply heavenly. Compliments were more than enough. The durability and silage are just as good. The flacons of MFK I find all very well done, simple but fine and expressive.
The Masculin Pluriel is one of the few expensive Fougeres fragrances, for which I gladly pay the proud price.
Fougères in Business
Hand on heart - Secretly, I strive to reach, positively impress and inspire the people around me. I succeed with diligence, openness, honesty, attentiveness and the ability to adapt accordingly. In a way, adapting for me also means slipping into a different role, but with the art of staying true to myself. Basically, I'm a master at camouflage and deception (in a good way). "In military parlance, camouflage and deception serve as a measure to protect an individual soldier or military unit from enemy observation or military reconnaissance, or to mislead the enemy into false actions and assumptions." (Wikipedia: Camouflage and Deception) The latter more or less applies to me and my profession as well. For this reason, I wear fougère fragrances in the office, in meetings or on business trips, for example.
I love Fougères, but not because I am so fascinated by the fragrance pyramids, top, heart and base notes or the perfumers behind the fragrance, but because the typical Fougère fragrance DNA helps to slip into the role of a, in this case, successful businessman who is able to seduce his business partner, client, etc. to certain actions and assumptions (of course, taking into account business ethics).
For a business deal worth millions I need an appropriate level of confidence and skill, for a heated salary negotiation with my boss, stamina and rhetoric, and for a meeting with foreign clients, respect and recognition. In combination with my professional experience, my language and values as well as my style of dress and finally by spraying on an aromatic, fresh-spicy and masculine Fougère fragrance, I manage to complete exactly this role with all its advantages and disadvantages. For this, I have a true scent companion who actively supports me in my role-playing, camouflaging and deceiving. Masculin Pluriel by MFK. A woody, earthy and slightly leathery scent. It's a perfect all-rounder for me, eye-catching but not ostentatious, so it adapts easily to any professional situation. Business as usual, matter-of-fact and at eye level, no need to prove anything to anyone anymore. That's how I would describe my role with Masculine Pluriel. MFK has given a classic Fougère a lot of modernity and liveliness. I often wear it when I am in my creative phase. The sleeves of my shirt are rolled up, I'm motivated, want to make a difference and I'm not above getting my hands dirty. A fragrance for those with a hands-on mentality. As the saying goes, pity is free, envy has to be earned. Masculin Pluriel may therefore be worn with a certain arrogance, always in mind; pride comes before the fall. A fragrance with many faces and a beautiful long-lasting development. Thus I wear it very gladly in the evening with a drink at the bar and let then the day incl. successful business conclusion pass in review. By the way, my client sits next to me and offers me the DU.

Underrated cold laveder.
Today I bought it after a long time being in my wishlist.
Its magnificently in top fougere scents which still is underrated and happy about that cuz whatever get through mainstream lose its glory and uniqueness as well as undergoing reformulation.
Its completely masculine modern barbershop
Sharp lavender kinda metalic feell but not a metalic scent.leather a and vetiver gives it a cold summery vibes.its suited for day and night of summer and fall days.
The fresher Pasha Cartier
I currently find my interest just in the masculine and floral fragrances. Was I previously taken by fresh fragrances, has now undergone a small change.

A few days ago, I got Pasha here in the souk. It's a very lavender lispy fragrance that is more for men and not for males. It has an aura of seniority.
Then came the sample of masculin pluriel. Amazing what else you can do with lavender. The somewhat austere scent of pasha was replaced here with fresh. Lavender lasts for the entire duration and is very pleasant.

Initially, I thought of a spice soap, which is especially popular with the elderly. However, on third/fourth testing, I came to like the fresh facet.

The shelf life is good at 8 hours.

Price wise you get a lot for the money. Who likes lavender, should test this
Midsummer Night's Dream
Difficult smell. People are tempted to say it's an 0815 man-scent. The prelude not niche at all. Citrus and lavender. But not a dry, authentic lavender like Tom Ford Lavender Extreme, more of a moist and cheerful creature. A manly scent, no question. Smells good, too, no question. But does it also smell extraordinary? Not really. Something more like a standard smell from a poorly stocked village perfumery or even the dm perfume department.

But from hour to hour the lavender becomes more authentic. Not quite dry, but more authentic. The citrus notes give way to leather and vetiver. Now it's a niche. Scent of a summer night's dream. A bit salty too, somehow. Really beautiful and worth buying. No more 0815.

I have a fairly dry, non-oily skin. That's why I always have problems with eau de toilettes, because they are hardly noticeable on my skin. So I don't really understand the Kurkdjian preference for EdT. But here I don't have this problem. masculin Pluriel has a bombastic durability. To be honest, I'm somewhat surprised about the local evaluation of durability. The scent lasts longer with me than some XerJoff Oud Star. The Sillage doesn't, admittedly, but the durability on the skin is brute. 10 out of 10 for me.

With regard to projection, in my case, you have to get very close to dry skin to perceive anything. But this does not make the scent less beautiful.

Conclusion: A beautiful fragrance for the summer. Can also be worn on the beach because of the citric opening. But you should not feel extraordinary. Only after the transformation to the heart and the base of the perfume it becomes really beautiful and well suited for a holiday evening.

Cheers

Benedikt2019
All good things come in threes
Oh, how long have I struggled with that smell? I didn't even like it at first, so I had to sell it again. Then I tested it again and quickly resold the sample. Now the third try worked and it sparked quite well. But what convinced me in the end?

As most of my readers know, for me, a fragrance must first of all radiate a fresh vibe. This is exactly what I missed at the beginning of the "pluriel", because it seemed rather powdery and sticky and somehow metallic-repellent to me. By the way, I did not find it woody. Well, therefore he had to move in and out more often. I hope he will forgive me?
Now he's going to stay and that's mainly because...

i have finally come to understand and appreciate him. It is a powdery fresh, very elegant and slightly repellent scent for men. Rejecting because it gives the feeling of not quite connecting with the body chemistry of the wearer. It remains independent and sublime towards the wearer. I now appreciate this characteristic very much, even though it was the reason for the further wandering at the beginning. I also love the start, here we still find a slight citric, which gradually recedes. Afterwards lavender, cedar and vetiver form an incomparable scent show. The fragrance therefore constantly changes its face without emphasizing one fragrance too much. Sometimes the cedar makes it smell rather tart and fresh, then a little lavender is added to make it soft and powdery and fluffy. If the vetivier gains the upper hand again, a slight woodiness is added. All this with a slight lemon splash as a topik. Grandiose. What remains the whole time, however, is the subtle powderiness, which looks more like a fluffy veil, a mist that envelops the fragrance.

Overall, it must be admitted that he is very masculine and the name fits perfectly. This tangy-powdery freshness is truly unique and a great addition to any fresh fragrance collection. However, you need a few days of testing to really appreciate it, as it is not exactly pleasing. This is also proven by the reactions of my friends to the fragrance. Here the reactions ranged from "Wow, where did you get this awesome scent" to "Wow, what a weird scent". One thing you can hold on to: it polarizes! If you want to be on the safe side, you should rather go for the "gentle fluidity silver". On the other hand, if you like corners and edges, you might prefer the "pluriel". It also has something mystical. It is difficult to fathom, just like the man who wears it. Cool and repellent, but still so attractive and flatteringly cuddly. You see, it's hard for me to put it into words completely, but it's worth a try.

Durability and sillage are in the moderate range. It lasts for 7-8 hours and is very strong, almost room filling, especially in the first two hours. Then it quickly recedes and becomes a rather quiet, skin-tight veil of lavender and tart cedar. If you look at the price, you have to admit that you have to really love it! I waited for a long time and then used a 30% coupon from Flaconi to get it. The flacon is like MFK typical very valuable and looks as if cut from crystal glass. All in all, a beautiful, minimalist flacon, without frills.

I'm glad that I let him approach me three times and can hold on: "All good things come in threes!"

NgarciaNgarcia 6 days ago
Generic, average quality, simple composition, usually I don't go with the hype but in this case is even worst, go and buy Zino better.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Very smooth barbershop fougère scent. Lavender, a silky suede, with a citrusy opening. Drydown is woody, aromatic. Fresh, classy, manly.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Bright, fresh grapefruit-lemon opening with an aromatic softness. Woody, mossy, earth as it dries down. Can be synthetic screechy up close.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 6 months ago
Very pleasant parfum based on well known genre.Unfortunately it lacks umf factor,performance is average.Hope to see intense version
PitcPitc 9 months ago
The performance in my skin is very reduced. Just 4 hours of pleasure. A very masculine and charming aroma... but it fades away. Not worth it
JulphJulph 9 months ago
It is not a typical fougere scent for an old conservative man. It is a modernized version and make you look younger when you wear this juice
HajuvanaHajuvana 5 years ago
An airy nu-gère (think Invasion Barbare Sport). Prosaic in a good, classy way (I'd rather smell 'nice' than 'niche'). Impressive longevity.

Mein Freundlicher Küchenhelfer :)
by Minea
Das Geheimnis wird gelüftet; es ist eine Akpaka Schote :)  Danke an spontane Ratespiel :))
by Slickadam
by Rokk
by Rokk
by Jpxyz
by Jpxyz
Männer machen viele Sachen (masculin pluriel)!
by TomLavender
by 3Lv3
by Sibarita
by Sibarita

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian