masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

masculin Pluriel is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production.

Provençal lavender absolute, Leather, Virginia cedar, Indonesian patchouli, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 29.11.2019.

8.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

My re-entry with MFK
As Sroh has already written here, I find that Masculin Pluriel is a very balanced fragrance between obtrusive masculinity and softer but distinct restraint. Especially the leather touch, which is underlined again and again, pleases me personally very much in the interaction with the other ingredients. He is my embodiment of Peter Fox's house by the lake. A middle-aged man who doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore but can still delicately underline what he knows. Always there, but never pushy. I actively perceive it on my skin for six hours on two shocks, and even up to 10 hours on my clothes. Maybe the next everyday fragrance for me.
8.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10

Unobtrusive-simple, self-confident elegance
I always wanted to test him, now it was so far.
The beginning immediately reminded me of a lavender accentuated Bleu de Chanel - which here is often called rather disparagingly shower gel freshness -, whereby relatively soon a light leather note begins to set in, which spreads in the base more and more slightly peppery.

The initial sharpness fades very quickly and a soft but present lavender note spreads, underlined by the vetiver. So just no (in my opinion mostly unpleasant) Fougere-herbaceousness.

Altogether it is a very adult, but not dusty fragrance, especially in this modern interpretation of lavender lies the actual performance of MFK.
It radiates elegance and self-confidence without being obtrusive, absolutely suitable for everyday use and the office.

Sovereignty, authenticity, competence, sincerity, these are just some of the attributes that come to mind. A fragrance for unobtrusive personalities who have nothing to pretend or hide.

For an EdT very good durability and a Sillage appropriate to the just described external effect.

Only to recommend, would not like to miss it any more and hopefully soon be able to call it my own beyond the rehearsal!
8.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

Masculin Pluriel
This appears to be a well liked and rated fragrance from MFK. Playing on the combination of traditionally masculine accords to create a modern day woody aromatic based on the classic ingredient of lavender. Does it work for me? Hope you enjoy the video. Thank you

9.0 6.0 7.0 6.0/10

MFK is not infallible either - evidence B
So far I have been a great admirer of the fragrances from the hand of Master Kurkdjian. Starting with his first big litter - Le Male - up to my first attempts with his fragrances marketed under his own label. For the first time I was really negatively surprised when I managed to get hold of an almost full bottle of "Fleur du Male" (see commentary) a good year ago. This rarity had to leave me after four weeks again, I could not bear the smell at all.
Now I wanted to test the range of MFK fragrances further, since APOM was very enthusiastic in spring and summer (see commentary). Like sunshine with honey to spray on. So I bought the Fragrance-Wardrobe for Him collection, which offers 8 of the fragrances from the house in 11ml sample bottles each. I will probably write a commentary on each of the fragrances. Since I was most anxious about the horrors, I'll start with it.
Since I am still looking for a signature scent, I came across Masculin Pluriel while browsing. I enjoy lavender very much as an ingredient in my shower gels and jellys from L'Occitane and Lush, it has a calming and at the same time noble effect.
In Kurkdjian's realization as a fragrance, the essence of the beautifully blooming perennial plant cannot inspire me. Instead of, as the indicated notes, the bottle and the colour of the fragrance suggest, a noble little water, a rather trivial shower gel fragrance hits me in the nose. Neither complex, nor particularly male, nor at the other level of the perfumer. The vetiver gives the fragrance something sharp, shaving water-like, so that it remains cutting for me and doesn't really look round and harmonious later on. Leather notes make the overall appearance darker than expected, making it somewhat more masculine.
However, the name does not really reveal itself, because the maximum of masculinity was not filled into a bottle here. More like a mixture of shower gel and aftershave. For me neither as everyday nor work scent wearable. As signature scent to mainstream. There are a lot of newcomers of this kind at the moment, so there are no points for innovation. I would even prefer Sauvage, which I would not buy either. If you're looking for something woody-fresh that can be worn at any time, go to Yves de Sistelles Writer ;-) For less than 20€ this fragrance can offer more masculinity with a simultaneous feel-good factor.
Masculin Pluriel finally had to leave the sample rack after two tests...

Let's see what the other 7 MFKs are capable of ...
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The cool "look sinker"
I first met Masculin Pluriel on my father when he wore him during my enrolment in 1986.... stop! Wrong memory, right person.

My father would probably still be wearing Derringer without my mother's forced perfume purchases (if you could still get it from anywhere). But since my mother regularly buys him new fragrances, my father, measured by his general disinterest in new things that have to do with fashion, fragrances and generally everything that has nothing to do with electronics or cars, is always quite well equipped. So it happened that I noticed a bottle of this fragrance during one of my visits to my homeland, which took place several times a year, including an overnight stay, in the guest bathroom. This was at a time before my Parfumo membership and the resulting strong interest and addiction to fragrances. But sniffing at the bottle as well as perceiving one of my father, I liked mP already at that time quite well.
Meanwhile my father doesn't even have the scent anymore (I don't know exactly what he has to wear, maybe F. Fabulous?). But for that, I bought mP a few weeks ago from a nice perfume as a used bottle at a top price. Just this morning I hung it up again and am very enthusiastic again. Masculin Pluriel is cool, fresh, spicy. No really sophisticated late bloomer that only unfolds beautifully from the base note. MP is free out, does not develop and has a passable sillage and durability. From start to finish, it stays pretty much the same in my nose. Which in this case is really nice!
He smells a bit like "don't look me in the eye, I'm in charge here". So rather an office fragrance for the department manager than a nice cuddle/sport/leisure fragrance. A wonderfully distinctive but unagitated fragrance for everyday work, including everything that might belong: Conferences, receptions, away dates, etc. However, mP is not as exhausting as the Noir Anthracite, which I hold in high esteem, and also not quite as dominant.
An uncomplicated, distinctive and masculine fragrance that doesn't get on anybody's nerves, but somehow also shows that the wearer is not a kindergarten teacher (I don't mean that derogatory!). Always worth a test.

Thanks for reading.
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Blind buying shock
If a fragrance has an 8.2 score, it can't be that wrong. So for lack of time and opportunity to stop by in my favorite niche fragrance temple, simply ordered on straight Wohl online. Of course, the shopping experience is completely missing, but the excitement is all the greater, especially when it comes to the first representative of a brand.

And unpacked the "masculine plural." Flacon: quite ok, more or less a glass cube, full in the hand lying, with tidy optics and haptics. When I placed him in my bathroom, however, he was quickly lost between his fellow players. Simply because the bottles of Villoresi, Moresque and Roja, for example, are much more representative.

But okay, at the end of the day the inner values count. So quickly the wrist scented. Ooh, should the blind buy turn out to be a barrel burst?? My personal much too "sharp" prelude offends my nose, according to the fragrance pyramid Lavender-Absolue. At first I was really shocked. Should I have such a different sense of smell than the vast majority of perfumers here? Well, a lot is possible. I was disappointed when I put the cap on the bottle. After only 15 minutes, however, a completely different fragrance. The initial start, which was too crass for me, has given way to a fine base, fortunately quite quickly. And the longer masculine Pluriel is on my skin, the better the olfactory experience becomes. Although lavender remains the dominant element until the end (and that's about 8 hours for me), light wood and leather notes come through. A certain coolness also resonates, I suspect the Patchouli and Vetiver mentioned in the pyramid to be responsible for this.

What remains as an impression? First of all, I haven't regretted the purchase. An interesting fragrance, well-known ingredients newly blended. And we succeeded. Durability and Sillage I see above average, but it may be a sprayer more, is not a perfume of the performance of the Rojas. Who's up? From my point of view, many, more men than women. The prelude frightened me, the rest was quite conciliatory. He may not have what it takes to become a classic, but he undoubtedly has a fragrance with which you don't do anything wrong and yet set and leave behind a (fragrance) brand.

Test recommendation
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Manhood, multiple.
Artemisia (mugwort) is certainly one of the most masculine fragrances of all. I got to know him for the first time with a Spanish deodorant: Magno Classic. This is Artemisia or pure masculinity. Herbaceous and soapy.

Then I got to know and appreciate "Bowling Green" with its Artemisia base. Also in the new Mugler "Alien Man" Artemisia is built into the base note. The stuff seems to be coming. Rightly so, because it offers long-lasting masculinity in a natural, cost-effective way.

Kurdjan has already given his "Lumiere Noire pour Homme" a distinctive note by mugwort and thus created a great men's scent from a rose scent.

And now, in this "masculin pluriel", I again encounter a striking Artemisia basis.

What do you mean, "masculin pluriel"? Manhood, multiple? That's how I'd translate it. And in fact, here we have one of the most masculine scents I know. And that actually in several respects:

The beginning is sweetish soapy. Typical lavender. A certain freshness is also present. And then, very skilfully composed, a long-lasting base note slowly develops, with Artemisia playing the leading role. But Artemisia is not the only leading actor. His coarseness is skilfully balanced in a bed of lavender and woods, so that at the end of the day man smells pleasantly distinctive for hours until the next morning.

Even though the characteristics of "masculin pluriel" do not correspond to my baggage scheme, I have to admit that we are dealing here with an excellently composed scent for men.

But you should be careful with the dosage, because the scent has right Wumms, like so many Kurkdjans. Anyway, I can only take off my hat for this composition.

A scent for the guy who can wear a suit.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Masculine Clean Man
When I stumbled across this scent,
i have noticed this feeling of freshness all the time, which remains the same.
It's wonderful to wear this scent after the shower, because you take the freshness of the shower with you.

The attack is thanks to the lavender
very beautiful, bitter, sweet?, fresh and pleasant at the same time, as the other notes harmonize perfectly here.

This fragrance is ingenious.
You don't have to worry,
you can wear it always and everywhere.
And it goes down really well.
My wife is own very difficult for a fragrance to inspire, but she liked the first time, this is supposed to be called something.

The durability is quite good for an eau de toilette, I think.

So if you are looking for a fresh companion, you should test it.

The most male MFK I know so far.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Heart of stone
I don't know of any scent more inaccessible than this. When you wear it, it feels like you have a washed concrete wall around you. I don't mean the concrete of pedestrian underpasses, but the grey aesthetics of the stylish walls in advertising agencies or investment firms. Logically, there are days when that's just right. Sometimes you need a heart of stone.

The fragrance begins with an abstract lavender. It is a somewhat striking image of lavender projected into the room with strong colours. Sometimes the prelude reminds me of the chlorine smell of a swimming pool. It thus has a disinfected purity that is functional. Tom Ford's scents often have something striking about them. Where the stupid Europeans are still hanging on to an olfactory idealism, here, as with Andy Warhol, the colorful silkscreen is thrown on. You can see everything at first glance.

Masculin Pluriel makes the superficiality that is characteristic of such craftsmanship perfect. And frankly, there's no real scent trail. You can still smell a little vetiver and a hint of leather. But this strange construct, called "Provencal lavender absolute" in the fragrance pyramid, remains dominant. I bet my leftover bottle that not a single atom in this scent has ever seen French soil. It's a fantasy from the lab.

And it may be. There are days when that's perfectly all right. If you want to go around the world like Bret Easton Ellis or Jordan Belfort - here you go. One is then a bit cynical, has lost contact with the world or simply wants to be left in the shouts. You are a man with a sharply ironed shirt, and it might be a good idea to make a pile of money. But you don't have to wonder if there's no closeness. Masculin pluriel keeps the distance to things.
9.0 7.0 8.0 5.5/10

DerDefcon
I don't like him, but he can't help it.
I'd like to be brief. I have a problem with too much lavender and too much "Masculin Pluriel" does not lack at all. As soon as you spray the scent on your wrist, the lavender appears immediately. He still does this together with Vetiver and Patchouli, which is why I really like the start. It is fresh, a little green and therefore very pleasant. I also have nothing against well dosed lavender, but here Mr Kurkdjian exaggerates it a little.
If vetiver and patchouli are still quite clearly visible at the beginning, they are now devoured by lavender, which thus becomes omnipresent. Although our two entangled, but especially vetiver, twinkle out and try to convey a certain feeling of freshness, lavender knows how to assert itself on the spot and push to the fore. Unfortunately, this is nothing special, nothing extraordinary, but simply monotonous and unpleasant for someone like me, whose favourite note is not lavender anyway. I feel reminded of my grandfather's aftershave, which he used to apply in too much doses. In addition to the already existing disgust for a certain scent, as soon as it comes along overdosed, there is now also some unpleasant memory. Masculin Pluriel can't help that. It is really something for lavender lovers who will get their money's worth here, but I don't belong to them and I never will. Too concise is a certain childhood memory
7.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10

Little complex masculine immerger
I tested this masculin pluriel several months ago. With a little delay a comment is added. MFK is one of my favourite niche brands. You just get a lot of quality for a not utopian price like some other brands from this sector.
Beside many unisex scents there are also 4 men scents in the assortment of MFK as well as this masculin Pluriel. APOM pH, Lumiere Noire pH and Amyris pH. All fragrances I like extremely, but all of them have a unisex touch. This pluriel, on the other hand, is the only MFK that is thoroughly masculine. The masculin in the title he has rightly.

The bottle is like all of this brand very noble. I love these uniform flacons, which really leave a great impression in the collection. The price is unfortunately quite high, since it gets these smells mostly only in 70ml and pays for it starting from 120 euros upwards Masculin Pluriel is primarily a lavender fragrance. A not always unproblematic note if you don't want to smell old-fashioned. For me, the MFKs stand above all for modernity. Here, too. For the very young gentlemen this is rather nothing in my opinion, but this pleasant masculine lavender note already makes an impression. This fragrance has a touch of Barber shop and is very masculine designed. Leather and cedar are also well perceptible here and go well with this slightly sweetened and spicy lavender. The fragrance is very balanced and harmonious. It has many facets something. The design is quite monotonous and only a little like most MKFs, which I like very much.
In my opinion it fits best on masculine men from 30+ and rather less something for playful boys. He may not be an alpha mark, but he's already exuding self-confidence. In addition, style and elegance that suits many occasions. I don't get the big wow, but I like to smell it more often. Ideal for men who don't want to dance out of line like the colorful cow and want to carry around a solid masculine tart scent. I can only recommend this one.
The performance is also very good like all MFKs. He should survive an entire working day, even if the Sillage becomes weaker after a few hours. Nevertheless: The scent is well perceptible in any case.

For me, a fragrance I like very much. He can't make it on my wish/shopping list for now. In five to ten years? Who knows? Who knows?
7.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

A few lines
Dear Francis,

how's it going? I hope well.
You, I wanted to write you a few lines about how I find the perfume here, I hope you have a moment to spare.
You have inspired me in the past with various creations such as Grand Soir, or Oud Satin Mood, so that I had now applied your Masculin Pluriel to me in the hope that this would also inspire me.
However, I had to realize that he and I don't go together.

How I would like to write, that what is fresh in my nose at the beginning is actually perceived as fresh and clean by me
I actually have difficulty describing what my impression was, most likely it would describe cold. Clinical cold, emotionless and sterile.

I know this was certainly not intended, but this is my feeling. Your lavender, which you let go of after spraying me, is strangely dusty, yet somehow bright in its colour, here somehow the grey already fits as the basic colour.

How I would like to write you that your fragrance will take a positive turn.

However, after a short while I notice something like light leather, but the lavender still dominates, still quite dusty. It is joined by cedar and above all vetiver. For a moment it gets fresher and a little sweet.
But unfortunately it gets even mustier after a short time, yes that sounds hard, I am sorry to tell you that too, but I have this perception. This is probably due to the addition of Patchouli.

At first I just thought it would get powdery, generally I think it's nice, but too dense unfortunately means dusty dry.

Your fragrance lasts a long time, which I always think is great, but especially here in the drydown the dusty/muffy one is the most penetrating.
Your fragrance has many fans and you would smell it out between many others, that's also a high art with you, so I find it a pity that it doesn't really appeal to me.

If many people say that he is a fresh evergreen, a clean man, then I can only sign this to a limited extent, because I personally lack the clarity to do so. However, he doesn't catch on, is inconspicuous and not at all masculine as you called him.

How I would like to write you something more positive about the scent, like many others, but our noses are just too different and I hope you don't take that away from me
Certainly I will write next time again something great to one of your fragrances, because actually you have it full on it.

Until then

S.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Did you diesel the dog?
it sounded from the mouth of my acquaintance, after I had made a common nap with my AmBulldog lady. The whole 4 hours since I had created this almost perfect masterpiece. What a scent! Best opening I've ever had. Damn masculine, charming and very sexy. Actually, this one should be called Duro. A scent like foreplay. Crackling tension, wild fantasies. But never obtrusive, but very intimate but with a clear concern. With ulterior motives. A seamless harmony between "I want you right now" and "let's get the most out of it". Yes, there are certain similarities to my favourite fragrance Voyage dHermes, but this fragrance takes me off the right forest path through the thicket to a brilliant, insatiable nymph that awaits me there. My first Kurkdijan, and certainly not my last...
6.0 7.0 8.0/10

The fragrance for Monday morning
I don't sleep well right now. And if I mean bad, it's like a disaster. Actually I belong to the genus "I can sleep always and everywhere".

The fact that I don't sleep so intoxicatingly from Sunday to Monday is due to the fact that I'm not tired. But at the moment the weather is causing me a lot more trouble, even though I have moved my bedroom to the basement. This sultriness is unbearable and felt every night I go showering.

To digest my irritated mood in the morning I developed my Monday ritual.
Take a cold shower, put on masculin pluriel and have a decent breakfast.
I take myself the necessary time and let the specially created aura work in correctly.

Masculin Pluriel is already unagitated as my previous speaker has aptly described. However, the cleanliness and the care that it radiates have not yet found their way into my life.
It's the continuation of the shower. You take the brief and invigorating freshness with you from the shower. It invigorates and stimulates the senses. A little pick-me-up I'd say.
Especially the lavender stands out here and is supported by vetiver. This in turn has earthy support which must come from the Patchouli.

This scenario accompanies me until noon and then ends. One is well perceptible and the fine water gets one or the other positive feedback.

One thing I might have to change soon: If the weather stays like this, I will soon have a weekly ritual and MP accompanies me every day!

A great fragrance!
7.5/10

The old is New Again
This scent has been done many times before, it falls under the category of barber shop maybe?
Sure, it's been done before but how well has it been done before? Sort of like the electric-car, there have been many electric cars over the years but Tesla has really done a good job of putting one together have they not?

So it goes that MFK has done rather well with the best ingredients and brought back an old fashion sense to a higher level.

Lavender indeed, if you crave a good lavender then here is your fix.
5.0 2.0 7.0 5.5/10

Glorious aftershave?
Gets a pair of razor blades, go and shave your teen oily skin then use your "aftershave" given with your adidas, nivea, axe, nike.. cologne pack to calm your face. Remember that smell. And you got it. You can save your money.
Now trying to be serious.. We have a mesmerizing start kind of sweet lavender combined with with a classical vibe of a clean smell typical of men that I described previously, and I think it sounds familiar to many of us. Then dries into an almost transparent vetiver, one of the cleanest I´ve ever smelled to be a vetiver, mixed with a soapy feel engaged with a minimun dose of lavender and even less doses of patchouli just to create a fake sweet vibe that pretends to renovate the entire classical scratchy masculine soapy clean character that emerges of this perfume. I think this could be the magic of this perfume. I can see this is an easy to criticize fragrance at first, for me at the moment is a big pass indeed. But I have my doubts. It seems the kind of fragrance that could be a star for daily use that begin to understand the more that you wear. Something like a Green Irish Tweed effect. For some people is only an expensive cool water, others think is one of the best perfumes ever created with a subtle nuances of glory that few fragrances have (I am in that group). Who knows, but for me at the moment this fragrance can be resumed in the first three lines. If I had to compare it with another fragrance, one that comes to my mind is Honour man by Amouage, is not exactly a similar but we have that kind of clean vetiver with a manly feeling. Obviously toned down in this case and without any peppery and typical east traces in the mix.

Hajuvana 3 years ago
An airy nu-gère (think Invasion Barbare Sport). Prosaic in a good, classy way (I'd rather smell 'nice' than 'niche'). Impressive longevity.+3

Mein Freundlicher Küchenhelfer :)
by Minea
Das Geheimnis wird gelüftet; es ist eine Akpaka Schote :)  Danke an spontane Ratespiel :))
by Slickadam
by Slickadam
by Fedaie
by Fedaie
by Rokk
by Rokk
Männer machen viele Sachen (masculin pluriel)!
by TomLavender
by DonLeBon
by Liquidasset
by Liquidasset

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour Le Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian féminin Pluriel (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia by Maison Francis Kurkdjian