masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Top 63 in Men's Perfume
masculin Pluriel is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production.

California grapefruit, Sicilian citron, Provençal lavender absolute, Leather, Atlas cedar, Indonesian patchouli, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 06.08.2020.

Midsummer Night's Dream
Difficult smell. People are tempted to say it's an 0815 man-scent. The prelude not niche at all. Citrus and lavender. But not a dry, authentic lavender like Tom Ford Lavender Extreme, more of a moist and cheerful creature. A manly scent, no question. Smells good, too, no question. But does it also smell extraordinary? Not really. Something more like a standard smell from a poorly stocked village perfumery or even the dm perfume department.

But from hour to hour the lavender becomes more authentic. Not quite dry, but more authentic. The citrus notes give way to leather and vetiver. Now it's a niche. Scent of a summer night's dream. A bit salty too, somehow. Really beautiful and worth buying. No more 0815.

I have a fairly dry, non-oily skin. That's why I always have problems with eau de toilettes, because they are hardly noticeable on my skin. So I don't really understand the Kurkdjian preference for EdT. But here I don't have this problem. masculin Pluriel has a bombastic durability. To be honest, I'm somewhat surprised about the local evaluation of durability. The scent lasts longer with me than some XerJoff Oud Star. The Sillage doesn't, admittedly, but the durability on the skin is brute. 10 out of 10 for me.

With regard to projection, in my case, you have to get very close to dry skin to perceive anything. But this does not make the scent less beautiful.

Conclusion: A beautiful fragrance for the summer. Can also be worn on the beach because of the citric opening. But you should not feel extraordinary. Only after the transformation to the heart and the base of the perfume it becomes really beautiful and well suited for a holiday evening.

Cheers

Benedikt2019
All good things come in threes
Oh, how long have I struggled with that smell? I didn't even like it at first, so I had to sell it again. Then I tested it again and quickly resold the sample. Now the third try worked and it sparked quite well. But what convinced me in the end?

As most of my readers know, for me, a fragrance must first of all radiate a fresh vibe. This is exactly what I missed at the beginning of the "pluriel", because it seemed rather powdery and sticky and somehow metallic-repellent to me. By the way, I did not find it woody. Well, therefore he had to move in and out more often. I hope he will forgive me?
Now he's going to stay and that's mainly because...

i have finally come to understand and appreciate him. It is a powdery fresh, very elegant and slightly repellent scent for men. Rejecting because it gives the feeling of not quite connecting with the body chemistry of the wearer. It remains independent and sublime towards the wearer. I now appreciate this characteristic very much, even though it was the reason for the further wandering at the beginning. I also love the start, here we still find a slight citric, which gradually recedes. Afterwards lavender, cedar and vetiver form an incomparable scent show. The fragrance therefore constantly changes its face without emphasizing one fragrance too much. Sometimes the cedar makes it smell rather tart and fresh, then a little lavender is added to make it soft and powdery and fluffy. If the vetivier gains the upper hand again, a slight woodiness is added. All this with a slight lemon splash as a topik. Grandiose. What remains the whole time, however, is the subtle powderiness, which looks more like a fluffy veil, a mist that envelops the fragrance.

Overall, it must be admitted that he is very masculine and the name fits perfectly. This tangy-powdery freshness is truly unique and a great addition to any fresh fragrance collection. However, you need a few days of testing to really appreciate it, as it is not exactly pleasing. This is also proven by the reactions of my friends to the fragrance. Here the reactions ranged from "Wow, where did you get this awesome scent" to "Wow, what a weird scent". One thing you can hold on to: it polarizes! If you want to be on the safe side, you should rather go for the "gentle fluidity silver". On the other hand, if you like corners and edges, you might prefer the "pluriel". It also has something mystical. It is difficult to fathom, just like the man who wears it. Cool and repellent, but still so attractive and flatteringly cuddly. You see, it's hard for me to put it into words completely, but it's worth a try.

Durability and sillage are in the moderate range. It lasts for 7-8 hours and is very strong, almost room filling, especially in the first two hours. Then it quickly recedes and becomes a rather quiet, skin-tight veil of lavender and tart cedar. If you look at the price, you have to admit that you have to really love it! I waited for a long time and then used a 30% coupon from Flaconi to get it. The flacon is like MFK typical very valuable and looks as if cut from crystal glass. All in all, a beautiful, minimalist flacon, without frills.

I'm glad that I let him approach me three times and can hold on: "All good things come in threes!"

Davedleon
It doesn't get any better than this!
For me with one of the best fragrances on the market. Fits every occasion and is not intrusive. The price is not so cheap now, but in my opinion justified. Since there is this fragrance on not run in all stores does not every second person smells of this perfume. All in all, this one is highly recommended!
No love at first sight
More than 1 year ago I already wrote a comment on this fragrance, which I am now replacing. I used to rate it 8.0 and now I have upgraded it to 9.0. For me this scent was everything but "love at first sight". Furthermore, this style is everything but my prey. I already prefer more modern DNA's. This one is already going in the classic-masculine direction, although this doesn't really come across as old-fashioned and vintage.
Meanwhile this one is even in my collection. For the normal MFK price I would have thought very hard if it was worth it. At Flaconi there was a 30% discount this month and for the price I didn't have to think long, although I have many more MFKs on the radar. My 3rd after Lumiere Noire and Amyris and more will follow.
MFK's fragrances are all very clean and without great flow. The entire men's range is very unisex except for this masculine Pluriel. This one is pure masculinity for me. A barber shop fragrance that contains many classic elements.

In my first test over a year ago, the fragrance did not appeal to me at all, although I felt it was solid. If you have the opportunity to test a fragrance more often thanks to a sample, you should do so because the sensation and evaluation often arises from a whim and you are often looking for something else. A few months later I liked it better. I find this fragrance has a certain charm on an understatement basis without much frills and will still be noble A description of the fragrance is quite simple with this one, as it is rather monotonous and has hardly any progression. No extravagance, but a lot of style without allures. The main ingredients are lavender, cedar and lots of vetiver. Add to that a great woody freshness that makes the fragrance wearable on many occasions.
This creation is extremely masculine for me and gives me a self-confident, relaxed appearance. Not playful and more for the type of man who can be relied on. So it is less something to trigger the big wow-effect and more something for everyday life and to radiate seriousness. In the statements here you often read the word boring. It's not that boring, because it's a classic fragrance with a high understatement factor. Nevertheless, it's a fragrance with a strong character that I like very much and fits well to an elegant outfit.
Performance is quite good because the ingredients used here are mostly good anyway. The vetiver is very long and strong present, just like lavender. It should survive a working day, which is to be expected at this price
I am glad to have this one in my collection. Especially for less than 100 Euro a good catch for me. Who is looking for a good noble masculine understatement fragrance could find it here.
My re-entry with MFK
As Sroh has already written here, I find that Masculin Pluriel is a very balanced fragrance between obtrusive masculinity and softer but distinct restraint. Especially the leather touch, which is underlined again and again, pleases me personally very much in the interaction with the other ingredients. He is my embodiment of Peter Fox's house by the lake. A middle-aged man who doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore but can still delicately underline what he knows. Always there, but never pushy. I actively perceive it on my skin for six hours on two shocks, and even up to 10 hours on my clothes. Maybe the next everyday fragrance for me.
Unobtrusive-simple, self-confident elegance
I always wanted to test him, now it was so far.
The beginning immediately reminded me of a lavender accentuated Bleu de Chanel - which here is often called rather disparagingly shower gel freshness -, whereby relatively soon a light leather note begins to set in, which spreads in the base more and more slightly peppery.

The initial sharpness fades very quickly and a soft but present lavender note spreads, underlined by the vetiver. So just no (in my opinion mostly unpleasant) Fougere-herbaceousness.

Altogether it is a very adult, but not dusty fragrance, especially in this modern interpretation of lavender lies the actual performance of MFK.
It radiates elegance and self-confidence without being obtrusive, absolutely suitable for everyday use and the office.

Sovereignty, authenticity, competence, sincerity, these are just some of the attributes that come to mind. A fragrance for unobtrusive personalities who have nothing to pretend or hide.

For an EdT very good durability and a Sillage appropriate to the just described external effect.

Only to recommend, would not like to miss it any more and hopefully soon be able to call it my own beyond the rehearsal!

Masculin Pluriel
This appears to be a well liked and rated fragrance from MFK. Playing on the combination of traditionally masculine accords to create a modern day woody aromatic based on the classic ingredient of lavender. Does it work for me? Hope you enjoy the video. Thank you

MFK is not infallible either - evidence B
So far I have been a great admirer of the fragrances from the hand of Master Kurkdjian. Starting with his first big litter - Le Male - up to my first attempts with his fragrances marketed under his own label. For the first time I was really negatively surprised when I managed to get hold of an almost full bottle of "Fleur du Male" (see commentary) a good year ago. This rarity had to leave me after four weeks again, I could not bear the smell at all.
Now I wanted to test the range of MFK fragrances further, since APOM was very enthusiastic in spring and summer (see commentary). Like sunshine with honey to spray on. So I bought the Fragrance-Wardrobe for Him collection, which offers 8 of the fragrances from the house in 11ml sample bottles each. I will probably write a commentary on each of the fragrances. Since I was most anxious about the horrors, I'll start with it.
Since I am still looking for a signature scent, I came across Masculin Pluriel while browsing. I enjoy lavender very much as an ingredient in my shower gels and jellys from L'Occitane and Lush, it has a calming and at the same time noble effect.
In Kurkdjian's realization as a fragrance, the essence of the beautifully blooming perennial plant cannot inspire me. Instead of, as the indicated notes, the bottle and the colour of the fragrance suggest, a noble little water, a rather trivial shower gel fragrance hits me in the nose. Neither complex, nor particularly male, nor at the other level of the perfumer. The vetiver gives the fragrance something sharp, shaving water-like, so that it remains cutting for me and doesn't really look round and harmonious later on. Leather notes make the overall appearance darker than expected, making it somewhat more masculine.
However, the name does not really reveal itself, because the maximum of masculinity was not filled into a bottle here. More like a mixture of shower gel and aftershave. For me neither as everyday nor work scent wearable. As signature scent to mainstream. There are a lot of newcomers of this kind at the moment, so there are no points for innovation. I would even prefer Sauvage, which I would not buy either. If you're looking for something woody-fresh that can be worn at any time, go to Yves de Sistelles Writer ;-) For less than 20€ this fragrance can offer more masculinity with a simultaneous feel-good factor.
Masculin Pluriel finally had to leave the sample rack after two tests...

Let's see what the other 7 MFKs are capable of ...
The cool "look sinker"
I first met Masculin Pluriel on my father when he wore him during my enrolment in 1986.... stop! Wrong memory, right person.

My father would probably still be wearing Derringer without my mother's forced perfume purchases (if you could still get it from anywhere). But since my mother regularly buys him new fragrances, my father, measured by his general disinterest in new things that have to do with fashion, fragrances and generally everything that has nothing to do with electronics or cars, is always quite well equipped. So it happened that I noticed a bottle of this fragrance during one of my visits to my homeland, which took place several times a year, including an overnight stay, in the guest bathroom. This was at a time before my Parfumo membership and the resulting strong interest and addiction to fragrances. But sniffing at the bottle as well as perceiving one of my father, I liked mP already at that time quite well.
Meanwhile my father doesn't even have the scent anymore (I don't know exactly what he has to wear, maybe F. Fabulous?). But for that, I bought mP a few weeks ago from a nice perfume as a used bottle at a top price. Just this morning I hung it up again and am very enthusiastic again. Masculin Pluriel is cool, fresh, spicy. No really sophisticated late bloomer that only unfolds beautifully from the base note. MP is free out, does not develop and has a passable sillage and durability. From start to finish, it stays pretty much the same in my nose. Which in this case is really nice!
He smells a bit like "don't look me in the eye, I'm in charge here". So rather an office fragrance for the department manager than a nice cuddle/sport/leisure fragrance. A wonderfully distinctive but unagitated fragrance for everyday work, including everything that might belong: Conferences, receptions, away dates, etc. However, mP is not as exhausting as the Noir Anthracite, which I hold in high esteem, and also not quite as dominant.
An uncomplicated, distinctive and masculine fragrance that doesn't get on anybody's nerves, but somehow also shows that the wearer is not a kindergarten teacher (I don't mean that derogatory!). Always worth a test.

Thanks for reading.
Blind buying shock
If a fragrance has an 8.2 score, it can't be that wrong. So for lack of time and opportunity to stop by in my favorite niche fragrance temple, simply ordered on straight Wohl online. Of course, the shopping experience is completely missing, but the excitement is all the greater, especially when it comes to the first representative of a brand.

And unpacked the "masculine plural." Flacon: quite ok, more or less a glass cube, full in the hand lying, with tidy optics and haptics. When I placed him in my bathroom, however, he was quickly lost between his fellow players. Simply because the bottles of Villoresi, Moresque and Roja, for example, are much more representative.

But okay, at the end of the day the inner values count. So quickly the wrist scented. Ooh, should the blind buy turn out to be a barrel burst?? My personal much too "sharp" prelude offends my nose, according to the fragrance pyramid Lavender-Absolue. At first I was really shocked. Should I have such a different sense of smell than the vast majority of perfumers here? Well, a lot is possible. I was disappointed when I put the cap on the bottle. After only 15 minutes, however, a completely different fragrance. The initial start, which was too crass for me, has given way to a fine base, fortunately quite quickly. And the longer masculine Pluriel is on my skin, the better the olfactory experience becomes. Although lavender remains the dominant element until the end (and that's about 8 hours for me), light wood and leather notes come through. A certain coolness also resonates, I suspect the Patchouli and Vetiver mentioned in the pyramid to be responsible for this.

What remains as an impression? First of all, I haven't regretted the purchase. An interesting fragrance, well-known ingredients newly blended. And we succeeded. Durability and Sillage I see above average, but it may be a sprayer more, is not a perfume of the performance of the Rojas. Who's up? From my point of view, many, more men than women. The prelude frightened me, the rest was quite conciliatory. He may not have what it takes to become a classic, but he undoubtedly has a fragrance with which you don't do anything wrong and yet set and leave behind a (fragrance) brand.

Test recommendation

HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
An airy nu-gère (think Invasion Barbare Sport). Prosaic in a good, classy way (I'd rather smell 'nice' than 'niche'). Impressive longevity.

Mein Freundlicher Küchenhelfer :)
by Minea
Das Geheimnis wird gelüftet; es ist eine Akpaka Schote :)  Danke an spontane Ratespiel :))
by Slickadam
by Slickadam
by Kovex
by Kovex
by Fedaie
by Fedaie
by Rokk
by Rokk
Männer machen viele Sachen (masculin pluriel)!
by TomLavender
by Raph
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Elixir APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Petit Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Celestia Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Extrait de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian gentle Fluidity (Gold) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian