Replica - Beach Walk (2012)

Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela

Replica - Beach Walk is a perfume by Maison Margiela for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Coconut milk, Heliotrope, Transluzone
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cedarwood, Benzoin

Submitted by Beautycase, last update on 03.06.2020.

Tommyxxl
The creamy coconut milk on the sunny beach
The fragrance starts with a nice fresh and slightly citrusy note, surrounded by a great creamy coconut. After some time, it is followed by slightly sweet and floral notes. It is a great and very pleasant fragrance. Which seems especially perfect for summer and spring.

The H/S are really good with this scent. I also got the big MM - Replica Memory Series and I can really recommend it to everybody
Undecided
Does this scent remind you of a walk on the beach? Hmm... Well... Sort of, but something's missing!
This eau de toilette smells like warm skin embalmed with sun cream. Almost like the sun hat or towel you take home after your summer holiday. But somehow I am missing something. The slightly aquatic, salty. Something less sweet and more of the above and the fragrance would be perfect.
For wanderlust and to brave the winter cold.
Or to revive the memories of earlier beach holidays in times of Corona.
JaMer
Exotic walk on the beach..
I'm very fond of this fragrance. In fact it was a "blind purchase", I only relied on the fragrance description and do not regret it. The beginning for me is very flowery, white flowers, exotic. Then it becomes creamier, now the coconut comes out, but not a bit unpleasant (as I have felt it in many perfumes and especially deodorants so far). A smell that evokes holiday memories in me: hot sand, sun cream, sea water on my lips.
The flacon is exactly what I'm looking for.
Only the durability could be better
4.5
Finchen1976
Soleil Blanc, is that you?
I was allowed to sniff a small sample thanks to Mrs. Nickhun. :-)

The Start cannot deny its fragrance twin: Yes, it smells like the Soleil Blanc (I have and know only the EdP). But it'll be quick... yeah, weird. I can't stand too much YlangYlang, it develops pompous and flowery, I don't really like that. Always present and right in the middle: coconut milk. I don't have any problems with it at all (in some perfumes I have smelled it as a pear, however, for whatever reason... ^^), but here the whole thing ends a bit aquatic-harsh, aha, this could be the translucent zone with the benzoin. I can also sniff the soft peppery undertone and slightly woody.

An almost identical list of fragrance ingredients does not yet produce the same overall result. For me, the Beach Walk is nice, but in any case not a candidate for purchase. I would always prefer the Soleil Blanc, because it is sweeter and creamier and above all more coherent for my nose, there is no nervous note, while here I don't become 100% one with the fragrance.

But maybe something for all those for whom the Soleil Blanc should be harder.
Creamy summer feeling
The replica series by Maison Martin Margiela. A series that I have almost completely tested and can only recommend to everyone. In addition very versatile and for many tastes thereby. I almost all like them very much and with by the fireplace I have one of these series in my collection. There are also some interesting fragrances in the freshness area. Most are unisex and also some feminine scents.
Here's a ladies' fragrance. Interested by the name and the pyramid I ordered a sample. Coconut milk is simply an interesting note and a well-groomed companion.

The series already has many fragrances. The replica flacons are all uniform with cool oldschool typewriter fabric labels. I like it and it gives a great noble touch.
It says in Description: Sun kissed salty skin. That's how you can sign it when you know this smell. Everyone has been assigned a place to do this. Here it is Calvi, a place of the island of Corsica with beautiful beaches.
This fragrance starts with a lot of creamy coconut milk. This can also be experienced almost throughout the course of the fragrance and is the main protagonist of this fragrance. In addition a great freshness, which spreads a great summer good mood mood. After about 1-2 hours, many flowery notes also come through. Ylang-ylang and heliotrope are easily perceptible and a great feminine addition to the creamy coconut milk. In addition Transluzone, which is a Calone-similar production, here however more flowery comes along. The coconut milk, however, keeps this fragrance very creamy, gentle and well-groomed. In addition very summery and carefree like a pleasant sun milk. The dry-down is also very pleasant, but also arbitrary. All in all a beautiful companion for the well-groomed lady.
The performance is fine for fresh fragrances. A few hours he definitely holds and the first hours with considerable Sillage. The fragrance type is not very disturbing and should please most people. Nevertheless it is somewhat unique and does not smell like one of many.

I can only recommend it to the modern lady of today and it will certainly go down well with the gentlemen. If that is not important to you: He is also a great companion and you will feel comfortable with it
disappointingly
Letting the Tevas dangle loosely between index and middle finger, I wade on bare feet through lukewarm sugar water. When a coconut falls on my head, it's finally over with my lust for beach walking.
IamCraving
Never think about assembly again!
Maison Margiela's replica collection attempts to re-create and describe experiences, moments and places in an olfactory way. This concretisation of fragrance experiences is nothing new, but it is rarely so aptly, enlighteningly and creatively implemented. My attitude towards such an odour marketing was mixed in the beginning. Do you want to be guided from A to B as an adventurer, a sailor on the oceans of the world's ordeurs, a mountain of sunken treasures with the Apple Navigation App? Would you like to read the interpretation of the "Steppenwolf" before actually reading Hesse? Would you like to comment on your partner's tongue technique when kissing? Descriptions of fragrances with an overly predetermined direction can curtail the imagination, anticipate surprises and claim initiative. But if the concept is so well composed and well thought out and leaves room for nostalgic, personal feelings and ideas, one can only get involved with the universe presented and merge into it.
Beach walk abducts us - who would have guessed it - to a corsican beach. My variant of the inspiring place is the Malibu coast, where I first came into contact with the sunny scent of water.
If one applies Beach Walk, one does not only travel to one place, one also overcomes the seemingly rigid time. Because as soon as the skin is wetted by the sunny liquid, we already have an eventful day behind us. Beach Walk smells like the end of a summer day at the sea. Not after the beginning, after light sleep and dawn. No, it is a warm afternoon that we experience, the decongestation of an expensive sun cream, the cosy sluggishness after hours of drifting, the light burning after much laughter. In spite of this deep relaxation, which Beach Walk lets you feel, you don't have to do the lashing, it is the pure pleasure that always brings the anticipation for more with it. We want and will simply never think about Montage again, the moment is golden
Zufriedenheit! The dominating Ylang-ylang note, this buttery dancing nectar pot makes your knees and head soft, you feel the tickling sun on your skin (and the most sun negating places, like the grey Berlin; a sprayer and the soul is teleported!), a delicate daisy serenity and a subtle splash of refreshing coconut water are added. A subtle peppery steamer of warmth protects against oppressive sultriness and lifts the beach ambiance into the aristocratic, one looks forward to a plate of mussels with fresh lemon and baguette in company with browned body.
Only a few scents like this one function as a catapult through space and time, unbound to an explicit prehistory with the perfume; brought about purely by knowledge of place and human nature, precise (out)smelling and a feeling for an almost primitive longing. Pure hedonism!

IchDufte
After a long search, finally my summer beach scent
I've been looking for a summer scent for a long time that's not too sweet.

Salty, sun-tanned skin, sea, somehow nostalgic, but not old.
Lonely bay, driftwood, Capri in the '70s, sunscreen,...
After I had bought a sample of Beach Walk in winter, it was clear that I would order the bottle in summer.
Unfortunately it doesn't last very long-half day I'd guess.

Stroll on the beach
Its a carefree stroll down a beach barefoot in the early evening when its not quite so hot, coconut appears not suntan lotion like,i dont get overbearing salt notes but still feel the sea and sand and a clean musky undertone. Not overpowering, not the greatest longevity but every sunshine scent I have tried have never reached the heights of huge longevity. If I. Like something enough, I see no problem in respraying. This house produces scents that are not mainstream and set a picture in your mind or evoke memories and if a scent can do that, well its a winner in my eyes.

CymCym 2 years ago
Tropical floral w/ sunscreen & a hint of salty skin. To me, way too floral to evoke a beach scene; for that try Costarela by Carner instead.

by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe
by UnterZwang
by UnterZwang
by Drella
by Drella

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Promenade in the Gardens by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela