Replica - Jazz Club 2013

Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela
Replica - Jazz Club is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée)

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Lemon, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesRum absolute, Java vetiver, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesStyrax, Vanilla, Tobacco absolute

Submitted by medicine, last update on 24.10.2020.

Is that tea I smell?
Today I was in a larger branch of the turquoise giant where they also had rare designer and niche fragrances and wanted to have a look at the assortment to gain more experience besides what I'm currently collecting in the souk. I also came across the Replica fragrances and got my hands on "Replica - Jazz Club". My expectations were really not big. Since I'm still a bit naive about them, these scents seem to be something between designer and niche and don't cost too much I thought to myself "they won't be that great - after all, I've ordered at least 20 far more expensive scents in the souk so far and even then nothing really blew me away". There was once a "Herod" or "oajan" or even "Oud for Greatness" which I found great but they didn't trigger anything in me that I still had to think about them an hour later
So I was all the more surprised by the "Replica - Jazz Club". I hardly got the palm of my hand off my nose half a day today, when I arrived at home I had to go to the computer immediately to look at the scent's reviews and videos and even now, several hours later, it's still buzzing around in my head so much that it made me write my first comment on a scent.

I am, as already mentioned, still super new to the perfume game and recognizing scents is as easy as maneuvering my heavy weightlifter ass over a wire rope. In other words, it is almost impossible. But if I had to try to describe him I would say he is really wonderful, attractive, slightly sweet vanilla, discreetly tobacco like, masculine and yet soo ... hmmm, somehow soft and unobtrusive although he was taken really well. To recognize the scents is as mentioned my big strength *wink* ;) and what he reminded me of is not included in the description and comments but somehow he reminds me of a really delicious tea. Something like black tea with vanilla or something. I can't say for sure. Anyway, I took a 10ml bottle in the souk to test it more intensively but I think I must have it. I can imagine it really well on a date but also in everyday life because it is so unobtrusive. The shelf life was also not bad on my skin. It's not a monster with 12+ hours but it lasted 6-8 hours and with the price of only 75€ for 100ml you can't complain.

CnF
Jazz Club. An intimate fragrance.
9/10 Bottle.
8/10 Scent
7/10 Longevity
6/10 Compliments

It is a perfume that improves in short distances. Ideal for a date, a romantic walk, an intimate dinner with your partner.

More masculine than feminine it is ideal for cold climates. Autumn and winter is its natural terrain.

The smell has a rum point, a smoky point and some woody points, with a slightly sweet background because of the tobacco

And what does it evoke?

It reminds us of a club, a leather sofa, alcohol and cigarettes. A fun night, having a few drinks, having a good time with those close friends or that girl we just met at the bar.

Music in the background, late at night... It evokes those moments of happiness, those moments when we only think about "now".

Perfect for a sophisticated man, from the age of 30.

Spray this on yourself and play some Nat King Cole, Coltrane or Miles Davis
This stuff if amazing, out of this world! To me the Jazz Club name is spot on, it does make me think of a nice, cozy, sophisticated lounge yet underground and a little trashy kind of clubs.

This is all about the vanilla, booze (rum) and some tobacco but not the dirty smoky kind but more of a green tobacco leaf, very gentlemanly and stylish. It is versatile for the night time, could be easily worn in dates, lounge, clubbing and considering how seductive and suggestive it is it’s also good for netflix & chill

To me this is a an amazing release by Maison Margiela, good performance and a great scent that rivals By the Fireplace as the best from the house (followed closely by At the Barber’s).
Pina colada
I bought a test box of the replica series and one in advance, luckily only the test box. Because not one of them convinced me.

To Jazz Club:
i smell pina colada, not a jazz club. And just like with the drink, I feel the scent. The first sip is still delicious but every further sip is a step towards nausea

Gatsby's fragrance
Usually I don't like the smell of cigars, but this is something different. The tobacco here is calming, hugs around the sweet rum accord and the right amount of the citrus note in the opening just makes this fragrance a perfectly blended cocktail.
I think they should change the name, I do not get any kind of jazz here, jazz clubs had/have a totally different atmosphere, which is not bad at all, as I still love this fragrance. For me this is more a Gatsby style fragrance, this could be his signature fragrance. The performance is decent, 4-5 hours on my skin with moderate projection. Surely not a beast fragrance but it is a compliment getter. This is love in a bottle.

"Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child"

You dreamer
Who doesn't have this one thought, how must it have been in the (jazz) clubs in the past? This wish to be in one of the dark, gloomy and hip jazz clubs. Just close your eyes while smelling and let it fall, does a cool jazz club smell like this? I like the scent very much!
For me, he's a wicked, dark one with a conscience sweet. Who wouldn't love to sit in one of those clubs with the scent and a cigar and listen to the music? I, for one, love to wear it and let me dream about the scent again and again!

Not a Jazz Club (NKNN)
I recently got a 10 piece discovery set from Maison Margiela in, so you can expect more impressions in the upcoming weeks, but I wanted to start with one that I had smelled before: Jazz Club.

Jazz Club is supposed to be a tobbaco and rum heavy fragrance, but interestingly enough, I get a clear coconut scent in the opening. Not a sourish, tropical coconut, but more so a semi-sweet, neutral nutty coconut, which I love. A hint of citrus in the first hour, makes for a surprisingly 'fresh' wear, considering what this is supposed to represent. The tobacco and rum are also both prominent, although the latter maybe less so, as I think tobacco is the more dominant of the two. The tobacco isn't really smoky or ashy and I could've easily mistaken it for suede. It's not a harsh, nor a realistic tobacco note and the more this fragrance dries down, the more it becomes a vetiver, woody fragrance, rather than a tobacco one. It also becomes heavy on the vanilla in the drydown and it has a vanilla candle vibe. Combined with the sweetness, it makes for a more unisex wear that I would've guessed based on the listed notes.

Because of the rum note this smells a bit like the classic Dolce & Gabbana The One (Jazz Club is more tropical, more tobacco and sweeter though), which I own and I love the smell of. The problem with The One is that the performance is laughable on my skin. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm really happy with the performance of Jazz Club either, it's not an impressive performer for a boozy tobbaco type fragrance and I'd say it's below average to average. I do love the scent however. I think with a name like Jazz Club it's a bit of a mismatch and especially looking at the notes, it can throw you off if you go in with different expectations. I'm not sure if a bottle purchase is fully justified with the moderate performance, but it's comforting and versatile and it's a smell that I wouldn't mind coming back to at all •
SvenScent
More hospital than jazz club...

Margiela's Jazz Club had been on my watch list for quite some time, as I found this rum-tobacco mixture extremely appealing and had already seen some positive reviews on You-Tube. However, I was afraid of a blind buy because of the not so very low price. So I was all the more pleased when a dear member of this forum pointed out to me that you can get samples of the replica series over the Internet. I then ordered a sample from the Jazz Club and was happy to be able to test it.

But the scent didn't knock me off my feet!
Already the prelude is not so tasty, but citric-fermented, as I think. The heart then shows a clear hospital chord, which is not mine at all. I can't say exactly where it came from. It cannot be the clary sage alone, because it is contained in some of the fragrances which I count among my favourites. Moreover, the rum is very reserved and does not have the class of the 'Bentley for Men Intense'. I had expected much more than that The best part is the finish. As has already been pointed out frequently here, it has some similarities to Dolce & Gabbana's 'The One'. But I don't find this one quite so successful either, as the tobacco is all too much camouflaged by the sweet vanilla. I prefer the tobacco and amber collaboration of 'The One'! Besides, this strange hospital smell is still noticeable in the background.

All in all, I am therefore glad not to have made a blindbuy, because, frankly, the fragrance is not for me. This is astonishing, since I actually like boozyness and tobacco very much - but I prefer to stay away from hospitals...!
Ena
Pure pleasure and flashback to the old times
I'll leave it with the fragrance description for now and tell you about my feeling when I applied it for the first time.

I felt like I was just smoking a cigar in a bar in the Bronx in the 60s and drinking a whisky on the side.

Try it out, close your eyes and let your imagination run wild
The nightclub fragrance
Hardly any other perfume is able to give me the impression of a hip nightclub in the middle of Havana.
Woody aromas are mixed there with spices, alcohol and tobacco accompanied by an animal-like base to create an olfactory impression that fits perfectly into the lively, exotic nightlife of this Caribbean metropolis.
Immediately after spraying Replica - Jazz Club starts with a peppery citrus chord. After a few minutes, caused by a BarberShop-like vetiver note, I dive into the earthier parts of the fragrance. An intoxicating, dark, sweet rum supported by a hint of sage is added to create the incomparable club atmosphere. In further development, the fragrance begins to dry and leaves an aroma of dry vanilla styrax enriched with Iso E Super, which now almost smells like the wooden interior of the nightclub. At the very end, all the aromas seem to come back for a rendezvous. Alcohol, candied tobacco, the wooden club chairs and a minimal sweaty note round off the olfactory experience in a pleasant way.
Admittedly, I have already smelled more beautiful Bay Rum or even better cherry tobacco, but the combination of the described ingredients produces a unique smell, which I smelled for the first time here.
The durability on my skin is unfortunately only average and the projection is interestingly also not really strong, as you might assume. Since I would apply the scent anyway only for nocturnal rambles, the durability, which is with me with about 6 hours, is also no issue.
I cannot share the classification as unisex perfume and see Replica - Jazz Club as a thoroughly masculine fragrance.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 32 days ago
Jazz club- light . I like this one. Nothing big but very pleasant and fun to wear parfum.
ItchynoseItchynose 75 days ago
Most Margiela scents tend to get the evocative side spot on. This one is pleasant enough but I couldn't even find the door to the Jazz Club.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 7 months ago
Unique, warm, and cozy. Not particularly sexy or anything, but I like to spray this in my house at night for the atmosphere it conveyes.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 19 months ago
A Margiela to use in warmer days and to balance with By the Fireplace for the cooler season. Fresh, boozy and sweet and a natural pleaser.
KingPinKingPin 21 months ago
4.5
Comes off as a bit pretentious. Not classic or interesting to me.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Too generic for its pricetag. Expected way more uniqueness
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 5 years ago
Doesn't quite land. There is a harshness to the rum instead of smoothness. More skill in blending required.

by DeJu
by Miguellink
by CnF
by CnF

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela Replica - Promenade in the Gardens by Maison Margiela