Replica - Jazz Club 2013

Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela
Replica - Jazz Club is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée)

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Lemon, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesRum absolute, Java vetiver, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesStyrax, Vanilla, Tobacco absolute

Submitted by medicine, last update on 20.01.2021.

ScentBubble
Imitation leather, non-smoking protection and exotic drinks
Fortunately, in the package that "By the Fireplace" came with, there was also a sample of this fragrance here: "Jazz Club". After "By the Fireplace" had already moved me to a comment due to its uniqueness, I would now like to make an attempt herewith to familiarize the inclined reader a bit with "Jazz Club". So let's get to it.

Basically, the concept of Maison Margiela's "Replica" line aims to transport the fragrance wearer and those around him to certain places or to make him think of certain activities based on fragrance. What these are in detail - as well as other details about the fragrance - can be seen on the label, which in my opinion is very stylish and made of fabric. This concept finds by the way analogously also with parts of the clothing articles application, which are brought by the house on the market.

Let's see whether the perfumer Aliénor Massenet has succeeded in meeting the self-imposed claim.

First of all, the journey should take us back to the year 2013, and specifically to the Jazz Club Brooklyn. This is to succeed in the fragrance especially by the fact that it brings up associations with intoxicating cocktails and cigars.

"Jazz Club" opens its olfactory fireworks at medium volume with a vanilla sweetness, paired in equal parts with a very pleasant rum note. Patchouli and vetiver flit inconspicuously through the fragrance picture, which is altogether by a finely perceptible coconut touch reminiscent of an exotic drink, but without being really "boozy". So does "Jazz Club" reflect the smell - no, the scent - of intoxicating cocktails? Absolutely yes, because this is emphatically not about whiskey neat, but about - that's right - cocktails.

Let us now turn to the cigars. And exactly at this point there is a special feature: the perfumer was so prudent to take into account the in 2013 already, fortunately, firmly established non-smoker protection. The smoking visitor of the Jazz Club Brooklyn does not pursue his vice at the table, but rather goes to the door, where a few noble ashtrays and, in the colder seasons, a heater await him. When he returns to his table afterwards, he draws a light veil of scent, which can then be perceived very discreetly by the other guests. However: In the smokers' corner, the guests do not smoke a few roll-your-own cigarettes with tobacco from the corner discounter. Rather, the guests puff the finest cigars from the best growing areas.

Only for the sake of completeness it should be mentioned here that also the smell of the leather of the seating, which is usual for clubs, is found again. And indeed, the styrax resin finely woven into the fragrance picture actually provides a very discreet, decidedly balsamic leather note, which in particular, however, rather reminds of artificial than real leather. This, however, is expressly not to be understood as a negative connotation - quite the opposite.

The fragrance goes linearly into the drydown, where it then becomes much quieter. Here, however, it should be noted that he is in individual cases for the wearer after one to two hours barely perceptible and rather seems close to the skin, but for people in the immediate vicinity loosely-fluffy still six to seven hours can be well noticed, until he finally actually becomes close to the skin.

Of course, I would also like to take up the sporadically brought to the speech similarity to other known fragrances. Quite clearly are from my point of view similarities with Dolce & Gabbana's "The One". To make "Jazz Club" come across exactly like "The One", you would basically have to subtract rum and vanilla and add a few spices; however, the similarity is already quite noticeable without interfering with the scent. Parfums de Marly's "Herod" is much further away. Here would then be to remove only the rum note; however, the fragrances are per sé comparatively much further apart.

Ultimately, "Jazz Club" is a tendency gourmandiger fragrance, which can be worn except for the very hot days quite the whole year; gladly during the day, but especially in the evening hours, but never occasion-bound. The label says that it is a masculine fragrance. Personally, I can imagine that this classification was the result of an internal company vote in which "male" won out over "unisex" by one vote. To my mind, "Jazz Club" is equally wearable by both genders.

I for my part have in the meantime ordered one of the fancy apothecary bottles and am sure that I will wear the fragrance often and with pleasure. Test it should be in any case!

Thank you for reading!
In da JazZClub
Go, go, go, go, go, go
Go, shorty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's your birthday
We gon' sip Rum Absolue like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a fu... it's not your birthday You can find me in the jazzclub, bottle full of Maison Margiela
Look, mami, I got the scent , if you into takin' tobacco & vanilla
I'm into havin' sex, I ain't into makin' love
Weightless
What a great mixture of lightness and heaviness. Zero gravity? Is that any way to describe a fragrance?
Interestingly, he reminds me of my childhood. I can't really say why exactly. Of course, that makes him particularly emotional to me.
It smells mature and mature, with a good dash of humor and a desire to dance. I can well imagine him in a bar where the mood is good.
Definitely unique, although not pompous, but pleasing and arousing interest.
Jazz Club meets Stoßlüften
At Jazz Club I was initially enthusiastic. A fragrance that stands out and conveys exactly what it was named after. An old club, Cuban rum lies pleasantly in the air, a leather-booted caballero smoking a cigar. The evening was long and it is around 4 o'clock in the morning. The pool table is still in use, the remaining regulars are happily slurring their words into the alcohol-soaked air. Everyone is in a good mood, there are no problems. There is only the here and now.

A super clear picture of what this fragrance conveys. An absolute character scent. Extraordinary, but extremely pleasant. Exactly my cup of tea.

Unfortunately the owner of the house decided about 2 hours later to air the house. Because around 6 o'clock in the morning there is no more of this scent there.

------------

I got a bottling of this fragrance from my brother along with some other of his favorite scents.
I sprayed all these samples on different notepads to be able to compare their scent and its course. 2 hours later Jazz Club was unfortunately no longer noticeable, while other scents, like Baraonda, had just reached their zenith. What a pity, the scent is so brilliant, H/S unfortunately very needy.
Is that tea I smell?
Today I was in a larger branch of the turquoise giant where they also had rare designer and niche fragrances and wanted to have a look at the assortment to gain more experience besides what I'm currently collecting in the souk. I also came across the Replica fragrances and got my hands on "Replica - Jazz Club". My expectations were really not big. Since I'm still a bit naive about them, these scents seem to be something between designer and niche and don't cost too much I thought to myself "they won't be that great - after all, I've ordered at least 20 far more expensive scents in the souk so far and even then nothing really blew me away". There was once a "Herod" or "oajan" or even "Oud for Greatness" which I found great but they didn't trigger anything in me that I still had to think about them an hour later
So I was all the more surprised by the "Replica - Jazz Club". I hardly got the palm of my hand off my nose half a day today, when I arrived at home I had to go to the computer immediately to look at the scent's reviews and videos and even now, several hours later, it's still buzzing around in my head so much that it made me write my first comment on a scent.

I am, as already mentioned, still super new to the perfume game and recognizing scents is as easy as maneuvering my heavy weightlifter ass over a wire rope. In other words, it is almost impossible. But if I had to try to describe him I would say he is really wonderful, attractive, slightly sweet vanilla, discreetly tobacco like, masculine and yet soo ... hmmm, somehow soft and unobtrusive although he was taken really well. To recognize the scents is as mentioned my big strength *wink* ;) and what he reminded me of is not included in the description and comments but somehow he reminds me of a really delicious tea. Something like black tea with vanilla or something. I can't say for sure. Anyway, I took a 10ml bottle in the souk to test it more intensively but I think I must have it. I can imagine it really well on a date but also in everyday life because it is so unobtrusive. The shelf life was also not bad on my skin. It's not a monster with 12+ hours but it lasted 6-8 hours and with the price of only 75€ for 100ml you can't complain.

CnF
Jazz Club. An intimate fragrance.
9/10 Bottle.
8/10 Scent
7/10 Longevity
6/10 Compliments

It is a perfume that improves in short distances. Ideal for a date, a romantic walk, an intimate dinner with your partner.

More masculine than feminine it is ideal for cold climates. Autumn and winter is its natural terrain.

The smell has a rum point, a smoky point and some woody points, with a slightly sweet background because of the tobacco

And what does it evoke?

It reminds us of a club, a leather sofa, alcohol and cigarettes. A fun night, having a few drinks, having a good time with those close friends or that girl we just met at the bar.

Music in the background, late at night... It evokes those moments of happiness, those moments when we only think about "now".

Perfect for a sophisticated man, from the age of 30.

Spray this on yourself and play some Nat King Cole, Coltrane or Miles Davis
This stuff if amazing, out of this world! To me the Jazz Club name is spot on, it does make me think of a nice, cozy, sophisticated lounge yet underground and a little trashy kind of clubs.

This is all about the vanilla, booze (rum) and some tobacco but not the dirty smoky kind but more of a green tobacco leaf, very gentlemanly and stylish. It is versatile for the night time, could be easily worn in dates, lounge, clubbing and considering how seductive and suggestive it is it’s also good for netflix & chill

To me this is a an amazing release by Maison Margiela, good performance and a great scent that rivals By the Fireplace as the best from the house (followed closely by At the Barber’s).
Pina colada
I bought a test box of the replica series and one in advance, luckily only the test box. Because not one of them convinced me.

To Jazz Club:
i smell pina colada, not a jazz club. And just like with the drink, I feel the scent. The first sip is still delicious but every further sip is a step towards nausea

Gatsby's fragrance
Usually I don't like the smell of cigars, but this is something different. The tobacco here is calming, hugs around the sweet rum accord and the right amount of the citrus note in the opening just makes this fragrance a perfectly blended cocktail.
I think they should change the name, I do not get any kind of jazz here, jazz clubs had/have a totally different atmosphere, which is not bad at all, as I still love this fragrance. For me this is more a Gatsby style fragrance, this could be his signature fragrance. The performance is decent, 4-5 hours on my skin with moderate projection. Surely not a beast fragrance but it is a compliment getter. This is love in a bottle.

"Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child"

You dreamer
Who doesn't have this one thought, how must it have been in the (jazz) clubs in the past? This wish to be in one of the dark, gloomy and hip jazz clubs. Just close your eyes while smelling and let it fall, does a cool jazz club smell like this? I like the scent very much!
For me, he's a wicked, dark one with a conscience sweet. Who wouldn't love to sit in one of those clubs with the scent and a cigar and listen to the music? I, for one, love to wear it and let me dream about the scent again and again!

SolokomSolokom 1 month ago
Wunderbarer Duft, die Performance ist bei mir aber unterirdisch schlecht. Selbst D&G The One schlägt diesen Duft hierbei um Längen.
GreMuserGreMuser 2 months ago
Disappointing, anyone who approaches it to D&G The One is out of the way. Unbearable vanilla.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
Jazz club- light . I like this one. Nothing big but very pleasant and fun to wear parfum.
ItchynoseItchynose 5 months ago
Most Margiela scents tend to get the evocative side spot on. This one is pleasant enough but I couldn't even find the door to the Jazz Club.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 10 months ago
Unique, warm, and cozy. Not particularly sexy or anything, but I like to spray this in my house at night for the atmosphere it conveyes.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A Margiela to use in warmer days and to balance with By the Fireplace for the cooler season. Fresh, boozy and sweet and a natural pleaser.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
4.5
Comes off as a bit pretentious. Not classic or interesting to me.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Too generic for its pricetag. Expected way more uniqueness
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 5 years ago
Doesn't quite land. There is a harshness to the rum instead of smoothness. More skill in blending required.

by DeJu
by CnF
by DKScent
by DKScent

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela