Replica - By the Fireplace 2015

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela
Replica - By the Fireplace is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is smoky-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesCloveClove Orange blossomOrange blossom Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac woodGaiac wood ChestnutChestnut Canary Islands juniperCanary Islands juniper
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeranCashmeran Peru balsamPeru balsam VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.05.2022.

Smoky Vanilla
By the fireplace is definitely a work of art. It is fascinating how one can manipulate aroma chemicals to obtain such an interesting smokey/leathery scent. On the other hand, this has its drawbacks since to me the top note chemicals have somewhat harsh, synthetic, gasoline feel. The scent calms down, becomes much more pleasant and develops its full potential after ~30-60 minutes. I definitely like the scent but I don't find it particularly sexy, since I don't have a fireplace and this smokey note reminds me of a Sunday-barbecue-fire. It is just a personal thing, i.e. everyone correlates a fragrance with something different... In the end that's the magic of perfumery.
BTFireplace
Smoky clove with incredibly well made vanilla
Initially, the fragrance was too much for me, but you really have to let it work. At the beginning rises a warm, fiery sweet smoke in the nose, but it immediately joins the clove. You're left with a smoky, spicy vanilla that drives me crazy. I just want to smell this one all the time and love it. Incredibly coherent well-made campfire vanilla scent

Winter-Wonderland
Wintertime - brisk air - smoke coming out of houses chimneys... I am walking in trough the streets in fresh fallen snow and listen to the sound the steps make. Once in a while i try warming my hands with my warm breath. Cars are driving by but they sound so quite and dampened. The street lanterns shine their yellow light towards a wooden hut. Peoples laughter gets louder but still strangely dampened. Glistening fairy lights are decorating the whole place. My friends are already waiting for me to take a toast. Flickering flames cast shadows on the walls .Its nice standing by the fireplace.
Forever yours
My beloved by the fireplace!

Forgive me for dismissing you so hastily after our first encounter. You had blown me away with your smoky top note, I felt transported right to a real campfire. You greeted me with thick clouds of smoke, not a sooty icky one but intrusive enough that I quickly passed on the few milliliters of you. No, I thought, that with us can be nothing, too pungent-spicy you came along, you could not conquer my heart so.
For safety, however, I kept a few drops of you, maybe we could enter into a new liaison in the fall? Inwardly, however, I had already ticked you off.

Despite this bumpy first encounter, you left me restless and also a little perplexed. Had you already supposedly delighted many people with your complexity, your charm and your stunning base note, the long plays around the skin of the wearer / wearer.
I couldn't forget you, so after a few weeks I brought you out of your dark dungeon back into the light of day.
I took a deep breath and let you take a seat on my skin, which was warm with desire. As the first puffs of smoke slowly cleared, you let all your charms play out. I resisted, first steadfastly, then more and more weakly, and finally gave myself to you with skin and hair. A delicious spice let pleasant shivers run down my spine, I inhaled very deeply your intoxicating scent, and your heat warmed my heart, as no admirer before you had managed for a long time.
We spent the whole afternoon together, and as it got darker, our lovemaking started all over again, you warming me with your fire all night, and in the morning you left a creamy, slightly spicy bourbon vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce on my nightstand as a sweet promise to come back later. And you did come back! Several times a day I gave myself to you, and with epicurean pleasure my desire for you grew until finally I could stand it no longer, and brought you full-size to my bed, er, my perfume closet. Not another day should we be apart! My love, you caress me in a seductive way, you polarize like few others, and you enchant me every time. When we are together, my heart leaps, my nose rejoices at your spicy smokiness and luscious caramel vanilla, and my skin craves your warmth. Please don't ever leave me again, I will be forever yours!
Forever yours, J.
Bonfire on the beach
This fragrance divides people like no other. The campfire, which appears before one's eyes after the first spray, may not be a pleasant association for many. The smoky note in the opening is admittedly something to get used to. However, the longer you wear the scent, the warmer and softer it becomes. For me, the perfect scent for a warm summer night. But hands off, if you always found it terrible that after the campfire your clothes stink of smoke
Christmas by the fireside
by the fireplace does its name all honor. Shortly after the aufprühen one smells immediately the smoky notes, which together with the vanilla reminds me totally of a cozy and snowy Christmas Eve.
An exceptional fragrance with rock solid performance.
If the fragrance had a little more power he would convince me Komplet
Cluddi
Ingenious or off the mark?
Normally I always look in the short description of the perfume. I think 90% of my perfumes are floral powdery, floral fresh, floral sweet...Or fresh.... E.g. Sea salt by Jo Malone is one of the best scents for me. But smoky sweet? Phew, I'm curious... So first spray... Whaaaammmmm.... Really incense... Pretty strong... So you're going to have to use sparingly, I can already tell. Smelled it again. It's not very rough, but now the vanilla's coming through. Like, really interesting... I've never smelled anything like it before. I keep having to smell it on my wrist. And I like it more and more. I aub tomorrow I make times a Spritzerchen to the neck and wait times what my family says... Fits I think but you quite well to my boho-hippie-ethno-approached style
Embers in the Ruhrpott
"Ey Kalla, kommse heute mit runna anne Ruhr bisken grillen, odda wat?"-
"Yes, Günni, I thought I'd never ask again!"
"Alaska, 6 p.m. at the usual place!" - "Yep, I'm in!"

"Ey, hasse anne Holzscheite gedacht, wolln wa domma wat new ausprobieren mitte Glut anstatt imma mit verkacktn Kohlen!" - "Yes of course, he has it with him, can go Alder!"

"Boah... Digger... what is it then hömma? It smells good!" - "Yep, habbich the wood before in our shed next to de vanilla beans and de chestnuts lie had. It must have been pulled in there, Alder! My mum was wondering. She said: "Don't let it stink later." - "No, it doesn't stink, it's great, Kalla! Getz lass ma de Marschmellohs in dat Feuer halten....!"

"Boah...Alder, tu getz bloß nicht die Würstkes da rein... dat is soo gut, da brauchen we getz nix mehr dazu!" - "Yup, hasse right, mamma so"!

"Hey, can you smell it?" - "Yup, is the Pastek widda the church am lüften and dat Weihrauch Gedöns zieht bis hier runna anne Ruhr, ey!" - "Mega, Alder!" - "Now it's almost gone, look it up!" - "Yep, do it!"

"Wammama am grillen anne Ruhr, hattatta gerochen wie Weihnachten am Kamin inne Kur" - "Jau, müssn wa nomma machen, ey!"
Today we go to the Isar
.....denn today is the very best barbecue weather.

In the morning still quickly snipped nen potato salad, for the Kidis still nen pasta salad and for the Arab part of the family gibts couscous. The meat is pickled, the shrimp are in marinade, baked potatoes wrapped.

Mom is there also vanilla pudding? Nope, we are grilling, there is no pudding! - Boom, boom, boom, boom! Maybe a carrot cake? - No, vanilla pudding is enough! Here, haste 5€, go to the Edeka annen Ostbahnhof, buy some!

Everything stowed in the car! Kids all there? Then let's go, before more have this brilliant idea. Where are we going, zoo? - Yeah, we'll get there just fine. Is this meat halal, Nicole? Yes, I blessed the knife myself before I stabbed the beast! - Is it okay that I drink beer? Don't worry, don't put it out with beer :D Where is the grill? In the trunk, still assembled from last year and clean again. Then throw on, baked potatoes directly into the embers. The drinks in the water.

Mom, we're hungry. When is dinner? When it's ready, ask dad, he's the grill master. Dad, when's dinner? The grill is not hot yet, wait. Take your sisters and go to the water. Make sure they stay on the edge.

Mum, where's the pudding? I don't know, you bought it! It's Mother's Day, I'm off work now - you'll be fine.

*and how smells by the Fireplace - as if you were at the barbecue and your children annoy you with custard - because that is quite typical for barbecue ;)

My other feel-good perfume
One of my favourites!! I've finally got the 10ml travel size.
So good, cozy...smoky! Some may find it suffocating but I totally love the effect "burning wood". Chestnut and vanilla give such a warm touch that it's perfect to wear during winter or autumn.

Johnlamb83Johnlamb83 3 months ago
By the fireplace gets you the cozy feeling of actually being at the fireplace on a winter cold day. The warm sweetness of vanilla is great!
DopeweaselDopeweasel 4 months ago
Words fail me with how respecting of the title this fragrance has. You spray it on and suddenly you think you're on fire - But in a good way
TuxedoManTuxedoMan 5 months ago
A true Artistic and photorealistic masterpiece of a fragrance!
JMWeedJMWeed 7 months ago
Carmelized smoke. Very sweet but not so that it’s off putting. Projects sweetness and then discover the fireplace smoke as you close in.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 11 months ago
Sweet smoked wood. Ideal for contemplating it to yourself, when it rains or snows outside and you don't own a chimney. Cozy and relaxing.
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
It smells like the warmth of home, where delicious desserts are baked in the evening.
Shafkat82Shafkat82 1 year ago
If you like sweet but yet mysterious ,yes this is it . Warm & Cozy . Very good for spring and winter.Can be a good date fragrance .Excellent
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
Very brief smoky stage settle downs to very sweet base.It has very short development.Another unconvincing parfum from MM,a mediocre reliese
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Baked sweet potato scent. Not a useful perfume for a comfortable everyday life, but it works well in cold winter outdoors.
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
Warm woody sweet smokey vanilla. Not a smell you say “wow” but totally pleasant sweet smell for everyday use!

by GilAroma
by Sebura
by KEEK
by KEEK

Popular by Maison Margiela

Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Springtime in a Park by Maison Margiela Replica - Autumn Vibes by Maison Margiela