Replica - By the Fireplace 2015

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela
Top 85 in Unisex Perfume
Replica - By the Fireplace is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is smoky-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesClove, Orange blossom, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac wood, Chestnut, Canary Islands juniper
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeran, Peru balsam, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 07.05.2021.

My other feel-good perfume
One of my favourites!! I've finally got the 10ml travel size.
So good, cozy...smoky! Some may find it suffocating but I totally love the effect "burning wood". Chestnut and vanilla give such a warm touch that it's perfect to wear during winter or autumn.

Wonderful but moderate performance
I really like this fragrance though I find the projection, sillage and performance for my batch (batch code: 62T40YE) to be moderate.

It starts off very strong but quickly fades. Projection for an hour or two then becomes a skin scent for another 2-3 hours. I could still just detect it on clothes at ~8 hours.

I agree with most that this is a wonderful scent - it's a sweet incense-like woody smell. I do get the burned sugar note as in marshmallows and cotton candy, mentioned by some reviewers.

This would be my ideal scent if it just lasted longer on me.
Vanilla + campfire + incense = wow effect
"Replica - By The Fireplace". I imagined you completely different and yet you impress me so much!

The first spray: "Hmm, strange. Smoky, vanilla, mystical, incense-like. Not my case. Or is it? ..... Nooo ..... Oh I don't know, I'm confused."
Even though the name describes this scent so insanely well, I didn't expect this scent experience in the same way. I imagined it to be different smoky, different sweet (more in the marshmallow direction) and generally just completely different. And yet, I couldn't keep my hands off of it. I couldn't stop sniffing it and as so often happens, the turning point came into play with this perfume. After two days, I got used to his style, his character and fell in love. Even though the smoky and sweet notes smell very different from what I expected. It's very unique and definitely makes a statement. It's sweet, smoky and has that spiciness that makes the scent so unisex. It's insanely cozy and kind of mysterious but in a modern way. The longevity and sillage are killer! And when you apply it to your skin and sniff it half an hour later, it just develops such a pleasant sweetness and a stunning beauty.
What I had to get used to is that incense note. It's certainly not for everyone. However, it rounds out the scent perfectly and gives it just that certain something that makes it so unique.
I am thrilled and in love! Surely it is rather a fragrance for the cooler season, but I would also sit in the summer at this campfire and with a vanilla ice cream to see the blazing flames dancing ?
Blind smoking manikin..
I ordered this fragrance blindly because of a YouTube video.... i thought...hm well, you can do times, the price I also found ok, there were still percentages...yes as that is often so.
The fragrance arrived, the weather was spring-like and I put it packed in the closet.
Then won but after a few days the curiosity and carefully I sprayed on a handkerchief and was completely horrified. It just smelled smoky, like I was standing in the middle of a bonfire.... pity...
Today I thought I would test the scent again on my skin and again the smoke hit me but I persevered and after just a few minutes the softness, the gentle yet strong, that homey came through!
I am heavily in love!
The Fakel of the Gladiators
Quote from Gladiator :

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius - commander of the troops of the north - tribune of the Spanish legions - loyal servant of the true emperor Marcus Aurelius - father of a murdered son - husband of a murdered wife - and I will avenge this, in this life or the next!"

Torches burn on the walls of Rome !
At the souks in front of the Colosseum, smoked fish and seasoned meat are on sale . A caramel-like sweetness is in the air , where it comes from ? From the ladies on the stands, from the empty bags in the catacombs? Who knows. Seriously, this scent seems sweet anyway. Dangerous but attractive. Burnt but also warm and secure. A masterpiece of Maison Margiela. A masterpiece like the work of Russel Crowe and Joaquin Pheonix in "the Gladiator"
Masterpiece
It is not my favorite scent but I have him very much in my collection and smell him very much. Masterpiece I say because all perfume interested and even those who do not like these sweet scents have to admit one. This ingenious idea and the implementation is already very successful. To fill an everyday situation into a bottle and make it smellable for everyone. I think that is very well done with this fragrance of the Replica series. And what a beautiful fragrance when you get involved. I have noticed that it smells a little different on everyone's skin. But one is everywhere the same burnt wood and sweetness. For some it's the fireplace, for others it's a campfire. I see a fire bowl. The fire is lit and the children run into the woods to find long thin sticks for their marshmallows. Dusk slowly sets in and the first sticks hang over the flames. The first marshmallow falls from the stick into the fire and only a sweet residue remains. The tip of the stick is slightly burnt and that is exactly the scent I smell when I press the spray head. At the same time you can feel the warmth of the fire. A short time later, the orange blossom also appears. With a vanilla and light citrus scent. A nice smoky sweet feel-good scent. It doesn't exactly go with sports right now but otherwise you can definitely wear it all the time. He goes on a date to work or just on the weekend on the couch. I think it is also season independent. On a summer night at the beach it does just as well as in the winter in the mountain hut. The longevity is good although the smoky later wears off and is drowned out by the sweet vanilla. The bottle is simple yet unique. I like the scent as much as the bottle. And whoever has the opportunity to try this fragrance should do it in my opinion. I have no idea of the production and how you get such a fragrance but I think this is already a masterpiece.
A new journey begins...
For 28 years I didn't wear perfume and I wasn't interested in it. When I was 15, I tried one or the other sample from Douglas, but they almost all smelled the same - artificial, fruity, penetrating. So I gave it up.

14 years later, I came across by the fireplace. My whole philosophy on fragrances changed. Now I try my way through everything because this fragrance managed to ignite my heart.

It's not just a scent, it triggers feelings and stimulates the imagination. You can create places and live in them. Not only with the thoughts, but now also with the smell. A smell of firewood, warmth and coziness.

Thank you so much for this experience. In the winter days my constant companion that takes me to other places.
The gift
I have a gift. And before my critics here roll their eyes, according to the motto "The old plays up again", let me briefly explain the concept of gifts... Everyone has one or more gifts, you don't choose them, you get them along the way.
There are beGifted musicians, storytellers, comforters, gardeners, hosts, artists, etc.
Some gifts are obvious, others you only recognize as you go along.
And one of my gifts is matchmaking (not driving, Knut asks) no, I'm a kind of Frisian Armor.
Supposedly I already matched the caretaker with my kindergarten teacher when I was in kindergarten, but I can't remember that.
I can kind of sense when people are a good match. I set up my bandmate with my chimney sweep, the nice bakery lady with a neighbor, college friend with sister, etc.
Honestly true, I was given flowers at weddings, I was mentioned in wedding sermons and children were named after me, no kidding ! Mostly the whole thing runs so that I initiate the woman and invite to me, while I say to the potential partner : " Come to the barbecue and on'n beer around ", that always pulls. Man is then loose, because he does not know what it's all about, and schwuppdiwupp, in 80% of cases " Love is in the air".
Now I was thinking, while I'm testing "By the Fireplace", whether I bring the quota to 100%
if I use my new scent skills....
'Replica- By the Fireplace' by Maison Margiela is more smell than scent in my eyes (er, nose) . The smell of campfire and sweet stuff.
That can be very attractive to certain women, if the potential male is able to make fire. Transports yet somehow an archetypal masculinity, freeze it must already times not.
The violent synthetic sweetness of vanilla, is then so'ne kind of testosterone inhibitor. Because it should not be toouu masculine, rather sweet, cuddly, understanding and cuddly. Replica' achieves this easily, the fire-maker becomes a marshmallow- understanding woman, whose shaved chest a woman likes to snuggle up to. Complex and profound he is also not, that is in the long run only exhausting with the man...
Well, you notice already, while I write here becomes clear, in my quiver belong no longer only arrows, but in any case also a sample ' Replica By the Fireplace'.
See you over sausages and beer.
Mina33
By The Fireplace has burned itself into my memory..
That feeling of coming home, knowing that someone is waiting and taking you in their arms and not letting go. A feeling of safety, security and trust. All that triggers this fragrance with me. And it gives me great feelings of happiness when I smell it. No matter how silly the day is, I spray this on and I start grinning to myself. Probably my environment already thinks I'm slightly crazy. ;-)

I came to this fragrance through a dear contact in the Souk and am now the proud owner of a sample. Thanks at the point to @Needlesoup for this great opportunity.
I had to test it immediately, of course, and was already thrilled from the first spray. Initial is the fragrance very smoky and reminds as previously described of campfires. However, really to this cozy "sitting by the fire" and not this icky "cold smoke on the clothes the day after". One smells the wood very well out. Then in the drydown, the scent becomes gourmand delicious and the vanilla comes through along with something balsamic and cozy, probably the cashmeran and Peru balsam. The smokiness remains ever present though and together with the base they are woven together in great combination. I don't smell much of the top notes, felt the smoke dominates but it could be my nose, it's still a beginner after all. So overall a really great campfire, holiday, starry sky, wooden huts, cuddly scent and definitely not floral, fresh or fruity.
Do I want to smell like that? Yaaaaaa, just like that. :-D

About the shelf life, I can say that he is bomb. Holds with me loosely 14 hours plus and survives even a shower (yes, with soap^^). On clothes he keeps loose until the next day. The sillage is moderate, an arm's length I would say. A whole room he can not fill, I tried it at least with 6 sprays to make the test in the office. ;-)
I also find it completely unisex. Smells at my husband just as delicious. Wearable he is in my opinion also the whole year, because the cuddly in winter is super and in summer the campfire atmosphere also.

I am since I can think a little nomad and a lot on the road, constantly moving, always tearing down tents and rebuild, so I can not even locate my home in one place and feel but still sometimes homesick. Very paradoxical. But once I am at the supposed place "home", I want to leave again immediately. Somehow a restless life in search. But in the meantime I have found the feeling "home" in favourite people. When they are there, I am at home. And this fragrance just transports exactly that homey "being with favorite people" feeling of home, which gives me so much safety and security. That surprised me so positively, that a perfume can do that, that I must of course necessarily acquire the largest bottle on this planet.
To you I would advise: Try him necessarily, maybe he also ignites in you something magical but rather not buy him blindly.
Grenade
Feel-good factor rises to 100%. The smell is special, remains many in memory. At the beginning, it is quite deterrent, was also very disappointed at the beginning, but the unfolds within a few minutes to a fragrance dream. Rather what for romantic evenings, or for the winter

Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
Very brief smoky stage settle downs to very sweet base.It has very short development.Another unconvincing parfum from MM,a mediocre reliese
KimJongKimJong 5 months ago
Baked sweet potato scent. Not a useful perfume for a comfortable everyday life, but it works well in cold winter outdoors.
MariaSMariaS 5 months ago
Warm woody sweet smokey vanilla. Not a smell you say “wow” but totally pleasant sweet smell for everyday use!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Realistic smell of roasted chestnuts in the fireplace. Smoky, cozy and sweet with the vanilla. Perfect for the cold days of winter.
GreMuserGreMuser 10 months ago
Do really people want to smell like this? I really don't understand the hype, to me it's a sweet mess.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 year ago
This one surprised me. A great Smokey (almost vetiver-like) vanila and chestnut scent. Great for fall and winter days and nights. Very cozy!
DarkbeatDarkbeat 1 year ago
Amazing, it is so endearing, like the hug of a loved one that we have not seen for years and we find it suddenly, warm and homely, beautiful
MeursaultMeursault 1 year ago
Good opening but overly sweet drydown. More like roasted chestnuts smells like ''Marron glacè'' with a hint of smoke, very very sweet.
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
A dark balsamic vanilla may be the correct environment for love, Christmas and love during Christmas by the fireplace. I love its smokiness.
PioPio 2 years ago
Spicy and warm winter scent. Lovely.

by GilAroma
by Stere
by KEEK
by KEEK

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela