Replica - By the Fireplace 2015

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela
Top 97 in Unisex Perfume
Replica - By the Fireplace is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is smoky-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive

Top Notes Top NotesClove, Orange blossom, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac wood, Chestnut, Canary Islands juniper
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeran, Peru balsam, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 21.01.2021.

Adventure to spray
Finally I had the opportunity to sniff "by the fireplace" - and I have not regretted it.
Soothing, smoky, artful, so this designated fragrance is probably best described.
On some, the extremely purposefully used smoke note may seem repulsive, for me and many is exactly intoxicating.
What you look for in vain here: Fruits, freshness and flowers

Initially, I perceive a plump cloveprise, but this develops back in the drydown. In the heart, "by the fireplace" sprays an offensive warmth through the woods, which lasts a very long time.
The smoke is long tone-setting, but forms with the aphrodisiac vanilla note in the base an angelic adventure on the skin.

The perfume is wonderfully suitable for men and women.
I actually can't really think of a specific occasion that I would wear this perfume for. I think the handle hereafter takes place impulsively and quite often.
Fireplace & Caramelized Marshmallows
In your mind comes a wooden hut in the mountains, it's cold and inside the fireplace warms. You hear the crackling of the fire and the rain pattering on the roof. The scent provides a coziness that you long for.
I find the scent to be very smoky after the first spray, but not unpleasant. The chestnut is sweet and vanilla is very soft. The scent carries with it a sweetness that I would describe as caramelized marshmallows. After that, the scent doesn't develop much, but remains quite linear.
(P.S. the fragrance can be fantastically with Serge Lutens un bois vanille layern.)

In my opinion, the best fragrance from the MM Replica series!
Yuck, burnt wood!?
With relatively little expectation, I ersoukt me for the "winter days" here a sample.
More as a gag on neck and forearm sprayed... He really starts very very woody, in fact, I smell even burnt wood... extremely unique.

Was that it? No!
The scent evolves into a soul-satisfier in front of the campfire. He becomes even softer, even rounder and strikes from the woody into the spicy into the not too sweet (honey, vanilla). All very gently with fluent soft transitions without at some point disturbing or obtrusive to act.
Absolutely unisex fragrance, even the biggest fragrance critic (my wife) he has noticed positive and was worn by her the next day.

I have to date yet no perfume with such a unique scent course met.
Compliments to the perfumer!

Even if not ideally wearable at any time of year an absolute purchase recommendation from my side!
Pure campfire!
This perfume has really earned a comment.
I ordered a bottling and did not expect much from the fragrance. Ordered I had him only because I could not imagine that a perfume can smell like campfire and remains pleasant without being pungent or annoying and the statements and comments have made him seem interesting.

After unwrapping it, the first sniff followed, then a second and third and fourth and many more. I couldn't stop smelling it.
The scent really intrigued me, the smoky note brought me directly to a cozy sitting around a campfire in my mind. A happy summer night with close friends. With the warm vanilla in the aftermath, the night seems almost intimate. The cozy fading of the evening, when only the embers give some warmth and a soft light.

The smoky note is not at all annoying or penetrating in my opinion. In the beginning, it is very clearly perceptible on the skin, but becomes lighter with time, until only a minimal smoky touch remains and the vanilla comes through stronger and stronger.

On the whole, a very interesting fragrance to which you really hang.
Should have tried in any case, because it is really special.
Nevertheless, he is in my opinion nothing for regular or frequent wearing, rather for cuddly hours on cold days at home. :)
ScentBubble
Whose turn is it to get wood?!
A summer evening in 1988, ten young guys around a campfire, in the open air, on the banks of a river. The small town where they are at home and with it the everyday madness is only a few kilometres away. Not far away there is a large area of forest. Two crates of beer have been placed in the water on a particularly shallow part of the riverbank for the purpose of sustainable and above all environmentally friendly cooling. A bottle of vodka is handed from man to man. The filling level of the bottle decreases rapidly with each round of the campfire. A small ghetto blaster provides the appropriate musical setting. The mood is very good to exuberant according to the occasion. The social group is worried because the campfire is gradually getting smaller, which warms body and soul. The former is an effect not to be underestimated with regard to the recently enjoyed nightly bath in the rather cool river. Stealthy glances at the wood storage place lead to the sobering realization that there is no firewood left. Finally Torsten takes heart and takes the initiative. He raises his chin, looks reproachfully and demandingly into the round and asks:

"Whose turn is it to get wood?" "

After a few seconds of pointing at the person sitting next to me and hurried "Hey, I've already got today" shouts, the eyes rest on one of the two Jens' present. Jens resignedly lowers his head, stands up awkwardly and moves towards the edge of the forest. His best buddy Frank gets up shortly afterwards and staggers after: "Hey, old man! Wait, I'm coming with you!"

"He who is closer to the fire will warm up faster", says a Hungarian proverb. Fortunately, it hasn't become socially accepted until now to light a fire immediately, if one craves for its calming effect for body and soul - and this is exactly where "Replica - By the Fireplace" comes into play.

The fragrance starts out loud and clear on the masculine side, with a spicy note, which is dominated by pink pepper and juniper and of course lots of smoke. As simple as it may seem, but it smells plain and simple like around a campfire or like outerwear after a stay at one, especially the next morning - but in a pleasant way. Sounds strange, but it is so.

However, you shouldn't be deceived by this, as With the drydown By the Fireplace delivers a fabulous twist. Within a few minutes the synthetic, but also soft and musky note of cashmeran and a sweet vanilla are added. If you frown and wonder how sweet vanilla doesn't smell, you might want to try "Just Rock" and wait a quarter of an hour. And indeed, this sweet vanilla, rounded off with a balsamic note, gives the impression of holding a stick of marshmallows over the fire that has just been lit. At the latest here, By the Fireplace clearly opens itself to the lovers of feminine fragrances, almost taking their side. The chestnut, which is often mentioned, I can perceive only very easily in the background.

Overall, the fragrance ultimately remains sweet and woody, enriched with a spicy note. This makes it wearable in autumn and winter, but also on cool spring and in my opinion even summer evenings. Also as a date fragrance it will not cut a bad figure on the side of both sexes.

After about one to two hours of stronger projection By the Fireplace becomes significantly quieter and after six to seven hours of close up.

So if you like sweet, woody, smoky and yes - gourmand scents, you should take a nose full and will not regret it, I'm sure!

Thanks for reading!
Mega!
Super scent,
Smoked like Baccara Rouge over a fire. But not crisp smoke, but a very pleasant smoke The performance is not the best, but not bad (5-7 hours).
Would also like to try other fragrances from the Maison margiela replica range.
That's high perfumery...
The name hits the mark - the first sprayer makes you think of an autumn campfire, where chestnut and marshmallows are grilled - simply incredible! Of course it smells very smoky, but in an unbelievably pleasant way. Later the vanilla comes out stronger. The scent is predestined for autumn and winter and in my opinion it can be worn equally well by both sexes! Absolutely try it out.
Authentic
After the time of the year comes for me, when I would like to wear this fragrance, I thought that it deserves a comment..

I still remember the moment about 5 years ago, when I happened to smell this perfume in a perfumery, and I couldn't imagine, for the life of me, that you would want to smell like that.

Last year, while Christmas shopping, I smelled my way through all the perfumes in the Replica line, remembered exactly how horrible I found "by the fireplace" in the last test, but gave me a jolt, and tested it again. LUCKY!

By the fireplace starts very, very smoky, as the name suggests. The first minutes it smells almost like the clothes after a day at the campfire. So not everyone's dream smell... I get it. Then slowly this sweetness joins in, which reminds me personally of the smell of burnt almonds. And this mixture of smoke and sweetness is the special one and immediately transports me to a Christmas market where open fire baskets are placed and sweet delicacies are sold.

Durability and sillage are enormous, some days "by the fireplace" is too much of a good thing for me and my bottle probably lasts forever but especially on cold days and when I know I'm outside I love to wear it.
Kima
This smell is an insult!
I've read a lot about him here. But when I got him under the nose of a salesman at the airport, I was really shocked.

How could someone want to smell like that, I thought? Or how can you spray that scent on yourself and not fear that someone might alert the fire department. Or the smoke alarm goes off...

In the first few seconds you really smell authentic pure smoke! Not cigarette smoke, but campfire right under your nose! With that he was directly checked off for me as a perfume.

A few weeks later I received some samples of a perfume. As soon as I entered the hallway, a sweet, smoky and super pleasant, even tasty scent came my way. When I opened the envelope, I realized that one of the tubes had opened and leaked. It was the "At The Fireplace"!

Crazy, how could a fragrance with such a deterrent top note be so delicious at the base? Now I was curious and ordered a bottling. :-)

And what can I say? The smell knocks me out. It's not just because it smells so good. But the kicker is, it's so cleverly designed. Almost like a really good magic trick. Yeah, he's got this brazen look, like a magician, leading the audience behind the light before their amazed eyes. He makes me laugh and looks snotty to me! :-)))

In the beginning is the fire, you almost want to rub your eyes because you feel as if you are wrapped in a cloud of smoke. If you hold your nose to the sprayed skin, it smells exactly like a charred piece of wood! (How do they do that? :-))

But then, when the cloud lifts, what has been conjured up comes to light. No, not a pink elephant, not even a cute white rabbit!

It's a big bowl of candy! It smells warm and deliciously of kramell and vanilla, sinfully sweet! Totally hidden and hardly noticeable, the orange blossom adds a minimal acidity, which makes it even juicier and creamier.

From here on you would like to sit in it and take a bath in it! This combination of this exuberant, delicious sweetness and the fire that continues to blaze beside it is simply so special and unique!
It's a combination you never expected and yet it fits so perfectly. For me, the most surprising fragrance of the year. He is cheeky and mischievous, he tricked me and in the end he conquered my heart!
Warm, pleasant winter scent
I find the fragrance very warm, unobtrusive and special. Many people know it by now, but there are few fragrances that smell similar. For me, the woody notes come out very strongly with the sweetness of burnt marshmallows. With the corresponding Glow Booster it lasts very long and is even warmer

Finerthings8Finerthings8 5 days ago
Very brief smoky stage settle downs to very sweet base.It has very short development.Another unconvincing parfum from MM,a mediocre reliese
KimJongKimJong 1 month ago
Baked sweet potato scent. Not a useful perfume for a comfortable everyday life, but it works well in cold winter outdoors.
MariaSMariaS 2 months ago
Warm woody sweet smokey vanilla. Not a smell you say “wow” but totally pleasant sweet smell for everyday use!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Realistic smell of roasted chestnuts in the fireplace. Smoky, cozy and sweet with the vanilla. Perfect for the cold days of winter.
GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
Do really people want to smell like this? I really don't understand the hype, to me it's a sweet mess.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 11 months ago
This one surprised me. A great Smokey (almost vetiver-like) vanila and chestnut scent. Great for fall and winter days and nights. Very cozy!
DarkbeatDarkbeat 12 months ago
Amazing, it is so endearing, like the hug of a loved one that we have not seen for years and we find it suddenly, warm and homely, beautiful
MeursaultMeursault 1 year ago
Good opening but overly sweet drydown. More like roasted chestnuts smells like ''Marron glacè'' with a hint of smoke, very very sweet.
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
A dark balsamic vanilla may be the correct environment for love, Christmas and love during Christmas by the fireplace. I love its smokiness.
PioPio 2 years ago
Spicy and warm winter scent. Lovely.

by GilAroma
by Braso
by KEEK
by KEEK

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela