Replica - By the Fireplace 2015

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela
Top 95 in Unisex Perfume
Replica - By the Fireplace is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is smoky-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesCloveClove
Canary Islands juniperCanary Islands juniper
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeranCashmeran
Peru balsamPeru balsam
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 28.07.2021.

Forever yours
My beloved by the fireplace!

Forgive me for dismissing you so hastily after our first encounter. You had blown me away with your smoky top note, I felt transported right to a real campfire. You greeted me with thick clouds of smoke, not a sooty icky one but intrusive enough that I quickly passed on the few milliliters of you. No, I thought, that with us can be nothing, too pungent-spicy you came along, you could not conquer my heart so.
For safety, however, I kept a few drops of you, maybe we could enter into a new liaison in the fall? Inwardly, however, I had already ticked you off.

Despite this bumpy first encounter, you left me restless and also a little perplexed. Had you already supposedly delighted many people with your complexity, your charm and your stunning base note, the long plays around the skin of the wearer / wearer.
I couldn't forget you, so after a few weeks I brought you out of your dark dungeon back into the light of day.
I took a deep breath and let you take a seat on my skin, which was warm with desire. As the first puffs of smoke slowly cleared, you let all your charms play out. I resisted, first steadfastly, then more and more weakly, and finally gave myself to you with skin and hair. A delicious spice let pleasant shivers run down my spine, I inhaled very deeply your intoxicating scent, and your heat warmed my heart, as no admirer before you had managed for a long time.
We spent the whole afternoon together, and as it got darker, our lovemaking started all over again, you warming me with your fire all night, and in the morning you left a creamy, slightly spicy bourbon vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce on my nightstand as a sweet promise to come back later. And you did come back! Several times a day I gave myself to you, and with epicurean pleasure my desire for you grew until finally I could stand it no longer, and brought you full-size to my bed, er, my perfume closet. Not another day should we be apart! My love, you caress me in a seductive way, you polarize like few others, and you enchant me every time. When we are together, my heart leaps, my nose rejoices at your spicy smokiness and luscious caramel vanilla, and my skin craves your warmth. Please don't ever leave me again, I will be forever yours!
Forever yours, J.
Bonfire on the beach
This fragrance divides people like no other. The campfire, which appears before one's eyes after the first spray, may not be a pleasant association for many. The smoky note in the opening is admittedly something to get used to. However, the longer you wear the scent, the warmer and softer it becomes. For me, the perfect scent for a warm summer night. But hands off, if you always found it terrible that after the campfire your clothes stink of smoke
Christmas by the fireside
by the fireplace does its name all honor. Shortly after the aufprühen one smells immediately the smoky notes, which together with the vanilla reminds me totally of a cozy and snowy Christmas Eve.
An exceptional fragrance with rock solid performance.
If the fragrance had a little more power he would convince me Komplet
Cluddi
Ingenious or off the mark?
Normally I always look in the short description of the perfume. I think 90% of my perfumes are floral powdery, floral fresh, floral sweet...Or fresh.... E.g. Sea salt by Jo Malone is one of the best scents for me. But smoky sweet? Phew, I'm curious... So first spray... Whaaaammmmm.... Really incense... Pretty strong... So you're going to have to use sparingly, I can already tell. Smelled it again. It's not very rough, but now the vanilla's coming through. Like, really interesting... I've never smelled anything like it before. I keep having to smell it on my wrist. And I like it more and more. I aub tomorrow I make times a Spritzerchen to the neck and wait times what my family says... Fits I think but you quite well to my boho-hippie-ethno-approached style
Embers in the Ruhrpott
"Ey Kalla, kommse heute mit runna anne Ruhr bisken grillen, odda wat?"-
"Yes, Günni, I thought I'd never ask again!"
"Alaska, 6 p.m. at the usual place!" - "Yep, I'm in!"

"Ey, hasse anne Holzscheite gedacht, wolln wa domma wat new ausprobieren mitte Glut anstatt imma mit verkacktn Kohlen!" - "Yes of course, he has it with him, can go Alder!"

"Boah... Digger... what is it then hömma? It smells good!" - "Yep, habbich the wood before in our shed next to de vanilla beans and de chestnuts lie had. It must have been pulled in there, Alder! My mum was wondering. She said: "Don't let it stink later." - "No, it doesn't stink, it's great, Kalla! Getz lass ma de Marschmellohs in dat Feuer halten....!"

"Boah...Alder, tu getz bloß nicht die Würstkes da rein... dat is soo gut, da brauchen we getz nix mehr dazu!" - "Yup, hasse right, mamma so"!

"Hey, can you smell it?" - "Yup, is the Pastek widda the church am lüften and dat Weihrauch Gedöns zieht bis hier runna anne Ruhr, ey!" - "Mega, Alder!" - "Now it's almost gone, look it up!" - "Yep, do it!"

"Wammama am grillen anne Ruhr, hattatta gerochen wie Weihnachten am Kamin inne Kur" - "Jau, müssn wa nomma machen, ey!"
Today we go to the Isar
.....denn today is the very best barbecue weather.

In the morning still quickly snipped nen potato salad, for the Kidis still nen pasta salad and for the Arab part of the family gibts couscous. The meat is pickled, the shrimp are in marinade, baked potatoes wrapped.

Mom is there also vanilla pudding? Nope, we are grilling, there is no pudding! - Boom, boom, boom, boom! Maybe a carrot cake? - No, vanilla pudding is enough! Here, haste 5€, go to the Edeka annen Ostbahnhof, buy some!

Everything stowed in the car! Kids all there? Then let's go, before more have this brilliant idea. Where are we going, zoo? - Yeah, we'll get there just fine. Is this meat halal, Nicole? Yes, I blessed the knife myself before I stabbed the beast! - Is it okay that I drink beer? Don't worry, don't put it out with beer :D Where is the grill? In the trunk, still assembled from last year and clean again. Then throw on, baked potatoes directly into the embers. The drinks in the water.

Mom, we're hungry. When is dinner? When it's ready, ask dad, he's the grill master. Dad, when's dinner? The grill is not hot yet, wait. Take your sisters and go to the water. Make sure they stay on the edge.

Mum, where's the pudding? I don't know, you bought it! It's Mother's Day, I'm off work now - you'll be fine.

*and how smells by the Fireplace - as if you were at the barbecue and your children annoy you with custard - because that is quite typical for barbecue ;)

My other feel-good perfume
One of my favourites!! I've finally got the 10ml travel size.
So good, cozy...smoky! Some may find it suffocating but I totally love the effect "burning wood". Chestnut and vanilla give such a warm touch that it's perfect to wear during winter or autumn.

Wonderful but moderate performance
I really like this fragrance though I find the projection, sillage and performance for my batch (batch code: 62T40YE) to be moderate.

It starts off very strong but quickly fades. Projection for an hour or two then becomes a skin scent for another 2-3 hours. I could still just detect it on clothes at ~8 hours.

I agree with most that this is a wonderful scent - it's a sweet incense-like woody smell. I do get the burned sugar note as in marshmallows and cotton candy, mentioned by some reviewers.

This would be my ideal scent if it just lasted longer on me.
Vanilla + campfire + incense = wow effect
"Replica - By The Fireplace". I imagined you completely different and yet you impress me so much!

The first spray: "Hmm, strange. Smoky, vanilla, mystical, incense-like. Not my case. Or is it? ..... Nooo ..... Oh I don't know, I'm confused."
Even though the name describes this scent so insanely well, I didn't expect this scent experience in the same way. I imagined it to be different smoky, different sweet (more in the marshmallow direction) and generally just completely different. And yet, I couldn't keep my hands off of it. I couldn't stop sniffing it and as so often happens, the turning point came into play with this perfume. After two days, I got used to his style, his character and fell in love. Even though the smoky and sweet notes smell very different from what I expected. It's very unique and definitely makes a statement. It's sweet, smoky and has that spiciness that makes the scent so unisex. It's insanely cozy and kind of mysterious but in a modern way. The longevity and sillage are killer! And when you apply it to your skin and sniff it half an hour later, it just develops such a pleasant sweetness and a stunning beauty.
What I had to get used to is that incense note. It's certainly not for everyone. However, it rounds out the scent perfectly and gives it just that certain something that makes it so unique.
I am thrilled and in love! Surely it is rather a fragrance for the cooler season, but I would also sit in the summer at this campfire and with a vanilla ice cream to see the blazing flames dancing ?
Blind smoking manikin..
I ordered this fragrance blindly because of a YouTube video.... i thought...hm well, you can do times, the price I also found ok, there were still percentages...yes as that is often so.
The fragrance arrived, the weather was spring-like and I put it packed in the closet.
Then won but after a few days the curiosity and carefully I sprayed on a handkerchief and was completely horrified. It just smelled smoky, like I was standing in the middle of a bonfire.... pity...
Today I thought I would test the scent again on my skin and again the smoke hit me but I persevered and after just a few minutes the softness, the gentle yet strong, that homey came through!
I am heavily in love!

Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 1 month ago
Sweet smoked wood. Ideal for contemplating it to yourself, when it rains or snows outside and you don't own a chimney. Cozy and relaxing.
Blako11Blako11 2 months ago
It smells like the warmth of home, where delicious desserts are baked in the evening.
Shafkat82Shafkat82 2 months ago
If you like sweet but yet mysterious ,yes this is it . Warm & Cozy . Very good for spring and winter.Can be a good date fragrance .Excellent
Finerthings8Finerthings8 6 months ago
Very brief smoky stage settle downs to very sweet base.It has very short development.Another unconvincing parfum from MM,a mediocre reliese
KimJongKimJong 8 months ago
Baked sweet potato scent. Not a useful perfume for a comfortable everyday life, but it works well in cold winter outdoors.
MariaSMariaS 8 months ago
Warm woody sweet smokey vanilla. Not a smell you say “wow” but totally pleasant sweet smell for everyday use!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
Realistic smell of roasted chestnuts in the fireplace. Smoky, cozy and sweet with the vanilla. Perfect for the cold days of winter.
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Do really people want to smell like this? I really don't understand the hype, to me it's a sweet mess.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 year ago
This one surprised me. A great Smokey (almost vetiver-like) vanila and chestnut scent. Great for fall and winter days and nights. Very cozy!
DarkbeatDarkbeat 1 year ago
Amazing, it is so endearing, like the hug of a loved one that we have not seen for years and we find it suddenly, warm and homely, beautiful

by GilAroma
by Stere
by KEEK
by KEEK

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Springtime in a Park by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela