Replica - Lipstick On (2015)

Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela

Replica - Lipstick On is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for women and was released in 2015. The scent is powdery-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Heliotrope, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesGalbanum, Iris concrete, Orange blossom absolute
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Patchouli, Tonka bean absolute

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 04.10.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Lipstick while cuddling
It was a Saturday. We had dinner and came home. The child put us to bed and then jumped on the sofa with a lot of momentum. I always make 3 crosses when the child sleeps.
Before that, the woman had to take a "short" shower. Fresh from the bathroom to the shelf. My favorite scent on it. And then to cuddle. Time for the two of us. A loving kiss. Then a questioning look from the gentleman.... "Are you wearing lipstick??????!" "um, no" "but it smells like that" "actually, I'm wearing a scent that smells like that"..... Saturday evening.
Sugar iris bomb hit. I love that scent. The fruity start and the warmth at the end. Despite Edt we had the whole evening our fun (with the smell!)
This fragrance has triggered in me this longing for powdery sweet fragrances. Nothing comparable has been found yet. A wonderful scent!
10.0 5.0 7.0 8.0/10

Nothing is with lipstick
I love old stuff. Old books, old furniture, manuscripts, hats, gloves and fans from the Belle Epoque to the 50s. For old perfumes, however, I only prefer the original packaging, because I hate it when an oily drop of upset perfume drips on my fingers. Recently, a perfectly preserved, still unopened bottle of Gin Fizz with its packaging from 1960 fell into my hands at the antiques market in Nice. Just looking at the bright yellow balloons and the funny ornate writing on the white cardboard, the whole lightness of this era, which I only know from films, blew towards me. Young Brigitte Bardot in a puffy summer dress in St Tropez, Grace Kelly in a Mercedes sports car on the Grande Corniche, wearing a pink top with a white pattern - or Cécile, the young, vicious main character from "Bonjour Tristesse".
But back to modern times: After my holidays, everything fell on my nerves in the office without exception, but really everything, so much of it, I needed lightness, a good mood and a reward - and without further ado I blindly ordered "Lipstick on" from Margiela on the Internet during my lunch break.
The original imprint "Chicago 1952" on the bottle had taken a fancy to me. And "replica"! Would "Lipstick on" bring me back the scent from the time of the blonde Hitchcock heroines? Marnie? Or Eve Kendall?

Oh, dear. None of it. "Lipstick" on opens with a woody rose, not bad, not too sweet, quite pleasant. As in Guerlain's "Little Black", soon after the rose a syrupy cherry liqueur comes out, which even has something mandelious and gourmandish about it.
Margiela, you can't do this!
Noooooo, it's screaming inside me, that's exactly what I didn't want. I didn't want a pseudomodic petite-robe-noir-voice in retro-design, I wanted an old, sticky 50's kitsch-fragrance. Such a mixture of kidney table, bag lamp and Marilyn Monroe with sticky red lips in "Niagara". And what does Margiela mix with me? A modern rose cherry brandy.
I did the cross check with Lipstick Rose by Ralf Schwieger (Malle). That's a sticky, authentic lipstick smell! It's got violets, raspberries, white musk. And it holds like Pattex on the skin. Although it is difficult to endure after repeated use, Lipstick Rose is without doubt a successful chemical experiment. Especially the wax note is perfect.
No, "Lipstick on", on the other hand, is not a perfume for dreaming with which you can go on a journey through time to the chic blondes of the 50s. It is modern and anchored in the present. If you want a good fragrance with roses, wood and cherry, you are well served, it is absolutely not a bad perfume. But neither 1952 nor lipstick has anything to do with it.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Ohne geht nicht!!!!
by Blödel
Alles Gute zum Frauentag ........!!!
by Hamraz
by Pearl7
by AFreimann
by AFreimann

Popular Maison Margiela

(untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Promenade in the Gardens by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela