Replica - Sailing Day (2017)

Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela

Replica - Sailing Day is a perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Marine notes, Juniper berry, Red pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Iris, Rose, Salicylate
Base Notes Base NotesAlgae, Ambergris, Amberwood, Cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.07.2020.

aquatic
I am a lover of aquatics. This is so fresh, a unique take on summer aqua scents. I think people sleep on this one, I really love this one, though I had to try it serveral times to appreciate. I dont like salty fragnances, but I do like ambergris. I love the line and the house.

Marine memories
With a lot of watery seaweed, cucumbery oceanic notes and a touch of iris and aldehydes Margiela's Sailing Day manages to recreate that clean and slightly salty scent that lingers on your skin, towel and swimming trunks after spending a day at the beach, pool or of course, sailing. It's a pleasant, light and airy kind of chlorine that barely projects but lasts a good while.

Sailing Day may be a bit too subtle and pricey to replace your favorite fresh fragrance but it's still a different and evocative addition to the summer rotation, one particularly suitable to those looking for a refreshing but citrus-less aquatic scent. Another great creation by Maison Martin Margiela.
NoraTemple
Heavy storm warning on a lonely beach
Get away from me! That's the unanimous opinion of my surroundings, after having sprayed myself with this blue liquid after a strenuous working day far away from the sea, sun and beach with "Sailing Day".
To be honest, I was very careful, the dose was rather low. But I think this is where Calone 1951 strikes with full force. It's more the synthetic leg than the olfactory transport to that holiday feeling. But as a fragrance Calone is actually my favourite, this sea blue, artificial aquatic. L'Eau d'Issey and this calone watermelon lightness as the epitome of the 1990s was my dream. And what is this? Where's my sea noise?

The advertising wants me to connect the squeaky blue water with the sea, the jump into the freezing cold sea, the day on the sailing ship. And my brain is programmed for it, for those sky-blue, clear laundry scents, the fresh and light. And here?
The calone here has nothing to do with watermelon. The scent makes an incredibly brutal start. It's like inhaling a bottle of hairspray. My lungs are choked with horror. Pretty soon something eucalyptus-like appears, i.e. association with a cold and breathing through or again a rather physically exhausting lung function. The sea is infinitely far away. Now the brackish water appears on my skin. Maybe I smell like this when I have spent several days in the sea, more dead than alive? Something fishy, like in "Womanity", comes to mind. So more like crab puffs than beach club. In the end, there is something artificial on my skin with cold incense and ambroxane/molecule 1 associations. This is the "clear" fragrance of the present: nothing aquatic like "Cool Water", but lonely walking in the sense of Serge Luten's "Orpheline". It works on the skin. But for me it has more of a melancholy than a lightness. But that's exactly what I actually like. But here only this hint of metallic peculiarity with brine remains in the finish, as if I have fresh, raw fish in the kitchen right now. Not unpleasant, but strange
My search for the perfect sea scent is not over yet. Unfortunately. Will this Maison Margiela fragrance make me happy? There she stands, the lonely woman on the beach, staring into the distance. On her clothes the remains of the blue perfume, a brackish water with brine and metallic blood (that really doesn't smell like fabric softener à la Acqua die Gio/ia to my nose). On the skin the melancholy of "Orpheline". Actually I like it, I tell myself. And there the brackish water is already gone again in the fog.

Film: The Piano, The French Lieutenant's Women
Song: Le Plat Peys (Welcome to the Sch'tis on the journey to the "bleak north"!)
Flacon: Looks great. The blue, clear water is deceptive Mood: The melancholy of existentialist exhibitions when I stroll through art galleries in Scandinavia. This is the closest I get to the sea.

Possible similarities to Sel Marin from Heeley. Unisex and with me not as strong as Tom Ford Costa Azzura, which I found rather too "masculine". Has nothing to do with suntan lotion scents. Nothing floral. It's better to test it first. Blindbuy with me, but I don't regret it.

Sailing Day
I love this fragrance and I love its name. the name reflects the fragrance. I am back in summer with all its various sea smells combining and vying for my time. It is a unique smell; its fresh yet strong and it lasts. And the fact that I couldn't tell if it was for men or women is better because I am female but I love this fragrance no matter what.

Let's sail away for a while...
by Itchynose

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Promenade in the Gardens by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela