Replica - Under The Lemon Trees (2018)

Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela

Replica - Under The Lemon Trees is a perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Petitgrain, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Maté absolute, Green tea
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Cistus absolute, White musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 10.07.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
I slurp tea under the lemon tree and watch the cat argue with the birds!
Hello, fragrance lovers. Welcome to a new fragrance, which despite the cooler weather is a pure summer fragrance, but since I can test summer fragrances in winter in a warm apartment, it fits (... but testing winter fragrances in summer is deadly! :D).

Be that as it may, today is about "Under the Lemon Trees" by Maison Margielas replica series. I think that the Replicas already have quite interesting and other scents to offer than the typical mainstreamer, so these are always worth a look.

And the scent here connects two of my favourite scents, which I don't really need to mention anymore, because you should know me by now, don't you?
...no man! Not Star Wars... Star Wars is not a scent, you idiots!!! And... uh... Batman, of course... I can't believe I have to write this extra!!

No, I meant tea and citric scents, of course. I like both in summer. Well, with tea fragrances there are also great winter perfumes, but I like citrus-fresh fragrances very much on warm days, because they simply give this great, tingling refreshing feeling and make you pleasant to smell even on hot days. And here both is available, and therefore I describe now also once the mad smell!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with very beautiful, juicy lemons (or limes). These don't look very sparkling, but still have a great, refreshing effect. Then I smell very light, sweet scents whose origin is not ascertainable. And then there's the one fragrance note that makes the fragrance even more great for me, namely the tea, which seems to consist of a mix of "normal" (black) tea and green tea and goes very well with the lemons.
The slightly sweet scent from earlier becomes a little stronger later and you can recognize it to some extent now, because this seems to be the musk. While the musk smells cheerfully along with the tea and lemons, the harsher cedar wood is now also noticeable. In addition, the fragrance also seems to have a light, soap-clean aura.
Towards the end there are still lemons and tea. With tea you can also smell a somewhat tart and spicy variety, which should be the mate that goes particularly well with the cedar. You can still smell musk as well and I think that the musk not only radiates its sweetness, but also provides the clean feeling I mentioned earlier.
All in all, this is a beautiful, fresh fragrance, which even looks warm towards the end, without becoming autumnal, but radiates this warmth in a summery beautiful way, which then appears Mediterranean, which in turn reminds of beautiful holiday resorts.

The Sillage and Durability:
Well, everything beautiful has its downsides, too, doesn't it? As with almost all (citric) summer fragrances, this fragrance has the disadvantage that it is incredibly weak on the skin and therefore hardly to be smelled by others. I think you should spray this fragrance on quite generously! The durability is also not great and will be after four or five hours hardly really smellable.

The bottle:
The bottle is cylindrical and clear. On the front there is a label that looks as if it has been printed with a typewriter and is therefore a nice change from other fragrances. The neck has been wrapped with a rope and thus has a marine charisma. A lid is missing because all replica fragrances have no lids.

Aaaaah, this fragrance is, as you already suspect, very beautiful for me and I could well imagine using this fragrance in summer. I may not be a special summer person, at least not for the time being, but the scent creates images in my head where I could imagine sitting under a lemon tree on a warm day and drinking lukewarm tea while the sun gradually sets and the otherwise so green landscape is immersed in a beautiful red.

By the way, you look at his cat, who lay on his back shortly before to let the sun shine on his soft belly, but who is now awake and full of energy again. So you can also see him moaning at the birds that seem to mock him high up on the branches, because he can't climb up to the branches, which the tomcat actually could, if he wasn't too lazy :)
So nobody comes to harm and for the observer this is a funny spectacle!

Yes, the scent is beautiful and also reminds of beautiful things. He also comes across very clean, which is also very pleasant. Only the Sillage could have been a little bit stronger or more sparkling, which I find quite a pity, because just the own nose quickly gets used to a scent, so that you won't notice it here very long, if you don't spray it on quite often. But nevertheless I recommend all citrus and tea fans to sniff in here :)

So that's it, and that's it from me again. I wish you all a nice evening, then until the next time :)

lemons or limes???
Normally I really love my citrusses, but this is not your regular citrus fragrance... lemon and sugar... It is easy to wear though, it is fresh and calming. The name says lemon tree but there is actually no lemon in it, but there is lime in it. I dont love this one. 3.5/5
FunFact99
Alone under the lemon tree
It had been cloudy the whole day and when the sun found its way through the clouds in time for the Mini-Open Air in the neighbouring village, I spontaneously and euphorically put on the scent sample of Replica - Under the Lemon Trees for my first outdoor event this year.

While I was still spraying, slight doubts crept up on me as to whether my research was still there... 'what if it smells like Citron Noir?'... because I had gone through a really bad smell development with it a good week before... 'maybe my skin just isn't made for citric scents? What if it smells like a toilet block or like a mosquito kettle?' The fresh lemon scent, which now rose into my nose, made me throw all my doubts overboard: 'No matter, after 2 hours it's gone anyway, like all the others!' With this certainty I happily made my way to the Open Air.

When 2 hours had passed, I still had the full lemon scent in my nose, which was actually threatening to tip over towards the toilet block or the mosquito kettle, but could still stay on the wire rope at the last second. It is a fine line between genius and madness, between elegant and cheap, between summer resort and insect spray.

After another 2 hours, when the lemons were still dancing samba in my nose, I asked my friend to sniff at me and tell me if I still smelled lemony... he did as he was told and then said, "Ahem, joooa, you can still see!" Uh... okay. Enthusiasm is different. He must have missed the samba...

Another 2 hours later we started our way home and I still had the full olfactory lemon grove in my nose... another tryout of my friend turned out negative. I was sitting alone under the lemon tree. All night long! Even the next morning a gentle breeze blew by under my nose - the samba dancers had been through the night and had become tired. But they were still there. Just for me!

Conclusion: A citric, fresh summer scent that stays with me for an exceptionally long time, gradually collects all the scent molecules from my skin and stacks them in my nose until there is really nothing left to stack. A fragrance with which one can spend a freshly squeezed lemon summer night alone. But if you also want to please others with it, you have to hurry! :)
No hit
Originally: Under the Lemon Trees / Under the lemon trees
Provenance & Period: Palermo 1987
Fragrance Description: Relaxed and radiant lemon
Style Description: Perfume for Women & Men
Maison Margiela
Paris

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is................................................................................................................. do you still know Fools Garden?

Sing! da, da dee da da da da da da da da da da da dee da

I'm sitting here with this boring scent.
Another one of those promises you bastard.
I'm wasting my time, got nothing to do.
I hang around and you hang on to me < br /> But nothing happens.
And I wonder

I sprayed all over, I sprayed all over
I sprayed sprayed sprayed and sprayed like sow
That wasn't bad at all for 5 min.
Feel me so fucked up and wait for you < br /> But nothing happens and I wonder.

I wonder how, I wonder why:
Yesterday you told me about the blue, blue sky.
and all I can smell is just a lemon tea
I turn my head, up and down...
i turn turn turn turn around < br /> But all I can smell is another lemon tea.

Singe
Da da da da da dee dam da da da da da da da da dee da da

Sit around, have no desire to do anything.
I'd love to go out, but the smell is frustrating.
It started nice with the lime.
Now I feel tired, put me to bed.
But nothing happens, and I wonder.

A little wood, a little cabbage,
I'm so glad you guys dare to do this Still, it was nothing.
Baby there no one gets pointed

I wonder how, I wonder why:
Yesterday you told me about the blue, blue sky.
and all I can smell is just a lemon tea
I turn my head, up and down...
i turn turn turn turn around < br /> But all I can smell is another lemon tea.

And I wonder, I wonder, ohh

I wonder how, I wonder why,
yesterday you talk about the blue, blue sky

And everything I can smell

Fragrance Description: Crumbly sugar with lemon taste
Style Description: Perfume for children and eternal young
Peter Schlöntzke
Mettmann

If there is now someone who still can't imagine anything under the fragrance, I'd like to leave a few sentences about it here.

That smells like lemon tea.

And not for long.

That's nice, but no revelation.

It lasts a little longer on clothes.

Even though I can't bring you closer to the scent, I hope you at least enjoy your catchy tune^^
Olfakto
Interesting lemon cake with a stale aftertaste
I already own "At the barber's" from this house and like fresh scents, so I had to try the lemon tree right away.

The opening smells strongly of a lemon lemon, sweet and juicy like a fresh lemon cake. Immediately after a few seconds an acidic, fresh mixture spreads out, which reminds me of the bitter, acidic taste of dandelion juice. Such a strange sweet and sour mixture I have never found before, only because of this experience I recommend to test the scent.

After the first few minutes, the overall impression becomes rounder again. The lemon disappears and something spicy emerges, perhaps with a hint of wood. The sweetness is still there, but not as prominent as at the beginning. The spiciness is difficult to determine, nutmeg or caraway I mean to smell, cardamom as listed in the notes, I do not smell so. It can also be the cistus, which is also quite spicy.

The base is rather weak and I smell some Calone out what I don't like at all. Probably this is how they try to stretch the freshness, because the scent flattens out quickly.

CONCLUSION
The scent is interesting and despite the lemon not necessarily a summer scent. Unfortunately it flattens quickly on my skin and leaves no clear impression, but tries with some artificiality to set the missing accents.

Ahmetk96Ahmetk96 40 days ago
Very good for hot weather.
ItchynoseItchynose 18 months ago
Soft citrusy scent that smells like lemons right off the tree: more green and aromatic than sharp or sweet. Clean, simple, effective.

Under not Lemon Trees
by Notirotirito
by Notirotirito

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Promenade in the Gardens by Maison Margiela Replica - Flower Market by Maison Margiela