Replica - Whispers in the Library 2019

Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela
Replica - Whispers in the Library is a popular perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPepper, Orange blossom, Patchouli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCypriol, Tonka bean absolute, Benzoin Siam
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute, Cedarwood, Vetiver

Submitted by BeyondTheSea, last update on 19.06.2021.

Virginia93
Feel-good perfume
I LOVE THIS! I got to know it through the 10 samples box of Replica. It lasts for days on the sweater, leaving a nice sillage everytime I move my arm. The smell reminds me of a wooden shelf full of old books that has been closed in a room for some time, it is not a musty smell but something powdery / vanilla very particular. Despite the description just made, it gives me a feeling of cleanliness because it has an extremely good fragrance.
Liffey
Cosy reading evening in front of the fireplace
As a book lover, the name catapulted me straight into hopeful scent imaginings, so I then bought the fragrance blindly.
I love smelling books, old or new, and yes, I also love the somewhat musty smell of old libraries.
To say it right up front, "Whispers in the Library" smells so not like a library to me, or even like books.
And now comes the big but :-) The scent may not remind you of the smell of libraries, but it reminds you of the feeling I get when I read, which formed in my childhood with happy evenings of reading with hot cocoa, and which I now, as an adult, feel again and again when I pick up a book.
A delicate scent of fireplace and vanilla embraces you and accompanies you through the quite a few adventures we get to experience on the pages. It protects and warms you when the story gets stormy and dangerous.
The smoky note fades very quickly into the background with me and remains a cozy vanilla, which is not sweet, but rather woody. With my husband, however, the smoky note remains and so the fragrance adapts perfectly, with me it smells very feminine, perfect for a cozy winter evening and with my husband a bit like in a snowed-in wooden hut with fireplace :-) both fragrances are just wonderful!
However, it must be said that the durability is really not very high, I perceive the scent 3-4 hours on me and generally it is not a fragrance that people notice if they do not come very close to you. But that does not matter to me, for me it is a feel-good fragrance and if I perceive him, that's enough for me completely :-)
PennyPearl
A cosy hour in the library or off to the bar?
I as a literature nerd and book lover and collector could not avoid the fragrance, although I had already heard and read here and there that has nothing to do with an authentic library smell, but is quite nice and cozy in itself.
With library I would have associated of course also something spicy powdery, woody, this perfume begins, however, first with a bright bright peppery prelude with sour orange peel, which surprised me at first (even if you can see that on the basis of the fragrance pyramid of course).
Just orange blossoms, which almost merge into a sour ginger note, I personally associate more with Ausgehdüften, partly I'm reminded of Classique EDT by JPG; an evening, seductive Ausgehduft par excellence!
This is of course absolutely an individual perception.
A vague comparison with "by the fireplace" is also lame in my opinion, as I find "by the fireplace" to be much sweeter and softer.

As the fragrance progresses, it becomes calmer and woodier, but still somehow arbitrary and the orange note continues to give it something slightly pungent.
I have "whispers in the library" and "by the fireplace" both got as a gift (of course, requested by me) and from fireplace I would definitely also repurchase a large bottle, because I personally find him special and yet beautifully done.
"Whispers in the library" is not an unpleasant or bad fragrance, I will also wear it in everyday life, but I would not repurchase it.
Also, the verdict of my friend was similar, which is rarely the case;
Thumbs up for the campfire and an average verdict for the library ;)
Feminine and classy
First comes the orange blossom with the pepper in a fresh florality quite great through. Then warm soft and sweet with tonka and benzoin, you feel really lulled and comfortable. And yes then it gets that minimally noticeable smell of paper, yet it's floral and warm at the same time. I can also perceive the cedar note very nicely.
I have to give a big shout out to Maison Margiela here. The fragrance is so well balanced that you can perceive all the components all the time.
It is somehow feminine and at the same time beautiful like a warm summer evening.
At the very end already almost velvety and powdery, very noble.
Impresses me
Beautiful
Not very many talk about this beautiful fragrance. I was able to test it for the first time thanks to a tasting set and was blown away. It gives me security and confidence. It is neither dusty nor boring. It's uplifting, warm and loving. Almost like a mother's safe hug.

In fact, my favorite time to wear it is during exams and the weeks I spend at the library. This has nothing to do with the names, but the aspects described above. H and S is wonderfully gentle. For me, a great P to L ratio. I have never smelled such a fragrance before.
My Corona Hero
Dear people,
after I have tested myself through the majority of the collection Replica, I must express a great praise at this point. The fragrances of the series create it like hardly any other perfumes images, even entire sceneries and downright Dèjá Vus in my head to let arise.

I expected from whispers in the library something quite similar. My hopes were more than exceeded... though not in the way I had imagined.

I thought I'd be met by the scent of clock old bookshelves, which the woodworm has also made his working material - hoped for a scent with a dusty and rather classic character, thought about books falling apart, books with water damage and books with missing pages. I remembered the smell of grandma's old baking books, the contents of which you could barely read because the thick paper was completely covered in splatters of dough, grease stains and notes, which of course always had their uses.

Well, that should probably go differently, at least to my nose.
What wafted towards me was namely not woody, but mild and shyly spicy
not dusty-dry but creamy-round
not stale and musty but cozy and timeless

Whispers in the library is a perfume that catches me, tucks me in and offers me safety and protection. Nevertheless, the fragrance does not smother me with its comforting sweet existence. It donates the feeling you get when your mother is around you, creating a calming effect on you with her presence alone.

There's something pure and almost innocent about this scent. I already know this one needs to be part of my collection real quick. I would even go so far as to say that the perfume here could become my new potential signature scent. Right now, at a time when you lack affection for your loved ones, this perfume just gives me what I need.
May it be the current situation prevailing since the beginning of 2020
or even the increasingly digital communication, of which we have all made more and more use in recent years - we lack physical closeness and warmth

At the end of the day, I'm doubly surprised.
Because first: here the name times so not fit - at least in my nose
And secondly: my expectation, I would not quite like the fragrance, were more than exceeded

So if you're interested in a fragrance that doesn't smell like an old library and books from another time, don't miss this experience
Quiet whisper?
I bought the fragrance as a bottling because it piqued my interest.

'Whispers in the Library'

What do you associate with such a fragrance?
Unfortunately, I do not remember what I had hoped for the fragrance. Maybe something quiet, discreet and innocent.
Maybe also a fragrance that lets me come down, something quiet to feel good and think.

Sprayed on and smelled for the first time, I noticed the pepper note right away. It seemed almost loud, as if a book would fall down or as if you just open the door to an old library, step inside and the heavy door closes with a loud creak behind you.
I associate the peppery note with the atmosphere that prevails in an old, white and dark library. The smells you notice so clearly when you enter, as they contrast with the air outside. They are heavier, not so clear.
But also the perceptible silence as the noise of cars becomes muffled by the latching of the door.

With each sniff, the initially loud peppery note becomes quieter and quieter until it is just a whisper.
The scent in the library is only quietly perceptible as you slowly get used to it.

With the tonka bean and vanilla, the scent triggers the quiet atmosphere that an older library exudes.
This fragrance exudes an incredible calm and somewhere strength. Not in the form of bragging, but from a quiet knowledge, perhaps a whisper, that you have this strength and do not need to brag about it.

In my opinion, the fragrance - also like the By the Fireplace - is a super interesting scent that is really worth testing and trying out!
Since I have also tested the By the Fireplace, I would like to compare them perhaps rudimentary, because I find that both fragrances radiate an incredible warmth and tranquility.
However, I personally (!!) find the Whispers in the Library to be more wearable as it is quieter and more subtle. Rather something for everyday life, as it would be in my opinion the By the Fireplacem
Both scents are very special and that's exactly why I don't want to badmouth either scent.

They are both worth a bottling and thus a test and have me definitely made desire for the other fragrances of the series! :)
a barely perceptible noise
I like to crackle and smell like the book pages in the library. Whispers in the Library is an attempt to reconstruct the library atmosphere. And what do we have in the end? Soft wood with a touch of vanilla. This is how it smells in ancient libraries where the sunbeams can be 'danced and hopped' through coloured glass windows to your sides.

CumhranfearCumhranfear 2 years ago
For me, a sweet, waxy smell of a room of long-undisturbed books. Spicy too. The glue, the binding, the old old paper?

by Yulikin
by Yulikin
by OleTrufa
by OleTrufa

Popular Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela Replica - Springtime in a Park by Maison Margiela Replica - Dancing on the Moon by Maison Margiela