Replica - Autumn Vibes 2021

Replica - Autumn Vibes by Maison Margiela
Replica - Autumn Vibes is a new perfume by Maison Margiela for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Fanny Bal

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper CardamomCardamom CorianderCoriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarrot seedCarrot seed NutmegNutmeg FrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood MossMoss Fir balsam absoluteFir balsam absolute LabdanumLabdanum

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Nope, try again
At first sniff, Autumn Vibes from Maison Margiela is an intensely smoky, peppery amber. Somewhat briefly akin to the splendidly smoky amber crackling autumn bonfire of Sonoma Scent Studio’s Ambre Noir. But then, in the span of a split-split-split second, it transforms into a sour, sulky citrus. Ray Bradbury has a quote along the lines of how for some people, fall is the only season, the only weather, and there is no other choice beyond that. These “autumn people” are full of the dust of the grave, with the night wind in their blood, and a whole bunch of other spooky goth stuff about worms and toads and snakes and the frenzy of souls and sinners and the starlit abyss. Thank you for summing us up so beautifully, Ray! So. Imagine you’re a regular denizen of Mr. Bradbury’s Autumn People Cocktail Bar, and there’s a whole menu of delectable October libations to choose from. One day this tourist shows up, and when presented with the option between the house special smoked bourbon old-fashioned with a wedge of spiced pumpkin pie on the rim...and a screwdriver...this guy inexplicably orders the orange juice & vodka. This is the sad story and evolution of Autumn Vibes. Autumn People, be warned--you’ll want to get your creepy cozy, harvest-season, sweater-weather vibes elsewhere. This one's for the (GASP) Summer People.

Oddly comforting
I received a sample of this fragrance from Sephora with my order this month. It was a great surprise. I had read several reviews online in regards to the fragrance, but most of them compared it to potpourri.

I totally disagree.

This is a very warm, woody, and inviting fragrance with a hint of smoke. It’s totally “autumn” for sure, I definitely would not be wearing this any other season. There’s something a little bit sexy about it, maybe the pepper? The frankincense? I don’t know but it’s a very nice, comforting, and somewhat sensual perfume.

Also, to note, I don’t normally wear woody fragrances. This is a shock to me that I like it as much as I do, which goes to show me that what I think I don’t like isn’t always the truth. I love this one.

I would definitely consider buying a large bottle. My husband also enjoys it.
Carrot Cake by the fire
Don't laugh, but today was so cold that I had some fall vibes in between. That moment when outside is wet-cold windy air that almost tastes like snow and is best sniffed wrapped in a blanket with the window open.
Next scene: I'm sitting with my best friend in the same cafe where we always go. They both order the same thing as always, but there's a new special today: carrot cake, the Starbucks variety, which is sweet and heavy and dripping with frosting. The scent of sweet carrots hits my nose along with a spice that stirs homey feelings in me: cardamom and a hint of clove, perhaps? The whole thing is made slightly spicy by the pepper shaker on the table and somehow also a little smoky from the fire crackling in the corner. The air from outside draws in, damp-moody it sets a deep contrast to the initial sweetness.

Okay, yeah, we're not talking about cake anymore. The scent intrigues me, definitely something for the colder days. I find it very round and homey, but I wouldn't call it green. To me it comes across as almost creamy due to the nutmeg, with delightful sharp and spicy contrasts. Autumn and winter can come, the weather is already ahead of us
Ladyred
A moody, mossy autumn forest....
Today, the long-awaited fragrance finally arrived... to remind me of a fall day.

With a lot of imagination I managed to guess an autumnal forest while sniffing. Masculine - yes, tart - yes, but in a positive sense - The fragrance melts quite wonderfully on the skin and merges into a very pleasant, also mossy and woody fragrance experience. I feel good in this fragrance

6 short views on the fragrance
JMWeedJMWeed 10 months ago
Very much like leaves in a forest. Mossy, slightly spicy and woody. Unique but not great.
ScentwitchScentwitch 1 year ago
I think it leans masculine, but here I am wearing it! It’s great!
GeorgeReidGeorgeReid 1 month ago
A classic wood and resinous smell that is pleasant. Truly smells like a day in mid-autumn. Definitely one of the underrated Replica scents.
AW9AW9 2 months ago
I hated this at first, came back to my sample months later and had to buy a bottle. It’s so strong and intoxicating. Very earthy and spicy.
Guccy2021Guccy2021 6 months ago
Like By the Fireplace minus the marshmallow.
More statements

Images

10 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Maison Margiela

Replica - By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela Replica - Jazz Club by Maison Margiela Replica - Whispers in the Library by Maison Margiela Replica - Lipstick On by Maison Margiela (untitled) by Maison Margiela Replica - Soul of the Forest by Maison Margiela Replica - At the Barber's by Maison Margiela (untitled) l'eau by Maison Margiela Replica - Under The Lemon Trees by Maison Margiela Replica - Beach Walk by Maison Margiela Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning by Maison Margiela Replica - Music Festival by Maison Margiela Replica - Coffee Break by Maison Margiela Replica - Funfair Evening by Maison Margiela Replica - Across Sands by Maison Margiela Replica - Tea Escape by Maison Margiela Mutiny by Maison Margiela Replica - Sailing Day by Maison Margiela Replica - Flying by Maison Margiela Replica - Springtime in a Park by Maison Margiela