Feu Patchouli 2019

Feu Patchouli by Maison Rebatchi
Feu Patchouli is a popular perfume by Maison Rebatchi for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes Brazilian orangeBrazilian orange BergamotBergamot Pink pepperPink pepper Black pepperBlack pepper CitronCitron Blackcurrant absoluteBlackcurrant absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesCloveClove CinnamonCinnamon CarnationCarnation DavanaDavana
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla DriftwoodDriftwood OakmossOakmoss CaramelCaramel Labdanum absoluteLabdanum absolute FrankincenseFrankincense Myrrh absoluteMyrrh absolute MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli

Submitted by Greifswald, last update on 25.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Trx82
Nice, but Clove might be too loud
I got a decant because the notes are very interesting, but I was skeptical due to the Aldehydes. I feared it turning the pink pepper and Bergamot into stinky artificial notes, but to my surprise, all the top notes are very well tamed and pleasant. I wish they would last more. The exit is just amazing and sophisticated.

After half an hour, the citruses recede, opening the door to the Clove that was already present. The Clove dominates very much until the 3rd hour when it finally gives some space to some resinous form. The wood is shyer than expected, perhaps because of the Frankincense sweetened by a noticeable caramel and the "invisible" Vanilla.

In the 4th hour, it had lost its power a lot and will not project beyond my skin. But you can still notice it as you move and people get really close. It becomes more powdery and has a bit make-up-like scent (not too much or unbearable, just a resemblance)

Where would I wear it?
It's versatile! Do not take it as a simplistic scent, though. It is sophisticated, and people will notice you. It might be too sweet for certain moments, but controlling the spry will help. I see this fitting a date, cinema, dinner, or even a casual night out. Wearable all the day, but better fitting the night I would say.

Can it become a signature?
Not for me.
I have no problem with Clove, but perhaps it was too much for me. Because it's such a common ingredient used to give some aroma to food and deserts, I kind of expect more elaborate ingredients to dominate. The sweet also seems to be coming from the Karamell, one scale above the Vanilla; if their presence were reversed, perhaps I would like it even more. But it still has the potential if you enjoy Clover better than I do.

A good fragrance to be part of the collection and spray for various moments in my life!

Light my fire
The peperry and citrusy opening of this woody chypre fragrance is the spark that ignites the fire. A juicy orange note appears and then vanishes behind curls of smoke. The floral aromatic heart is green and bitter at first, then it gets balmy and spicy. This fragrance is catching fire now and oak wood keeps it going. The salty-sweet warmth of Feu Patchouli is unusual and fascinating.

Taurus1967
Fruity summery patchouli to bite into
Actually, those "Boy Meets Girl" stories in movies or even Parfumo reviews with "I discovered it on the shelf and fell in love with this fragrance" smoothly pass me by.
Of course, only until it hits you yourself ... and this encounter was a few months ago in KaDeWe during my little Berlin vacation.

Although I had these appealing bottles in the style of the Dior Privée Collection, only halt me dragon-like scale pattern, seen here and there on photos, but in the wild they are me neither under the eyes nor under the nose came.

I have also not looked for it at all. With the lush offer of the perfume department, it is at all a miracle that one gets before loud visual and olfactory impressions still what on the row But long stays and tests in dozens of perfumeries as well as on various fragrance fairs have conditioned me with the time.

Anyway, I dutifully saw this whole Maison Rebatchi range side by side, with Feu Patchouli most likely to appeal to me after spraying it on. Fortunately, I have noted the name on the test strip, because only when I was long out again and I sniffed all the little papers in my car again it has really clicked. I think most perfumos can also report this kind of experience.

But what has me there so flashed or makes this charm for me?
Sure, I like patchouli scents ... but this one captivates with its sweetly orangy-fruity opening, in between something powdery, a little aldehydes and spicy components plus a minimal hint of cinnamon.

Gradually, slightly woody and balsamic notes come into play to be supported later by a bright relatively fluffy patchouli with matching oakmoss. From the feeling so similar to an orangy-cinnamony chewing gum in the well-paneled and patchouli-heavy barbershop to enjoy.
This is right up my alley and I've never heard it in this constellation before. The name promises a fiery, but you get a fine-summery to fruity-mild yes downright refined-seductive patchouli version. For the last mild sunny days and as a transition to autumn ideal.

Accordingly, I have then treated myself to him in Düsseldorf in my favorite perfumery. Although there is unfortunately no KaDeWe here with us, but thanks to the many shops an equally exciting selection.

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Maison Rebatchi

Musc Panache by Maison Rebatchi Cuir Tassili by Maison Rebatchi Bois d'Enfants by Maison Rebatchi Rose Rebatchi by Maison Rebatchi Ambre Blanc by Maison Rebatchi Joyeux Osmanthe by Maison Rebatchi Jasmin Satin by Maison Rebatchi