Fraîcheur Muskissime 1988

Fraîcheur Muskissime by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier
Fraîcheur Muskissime is a perfume by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier for women and men and was released in 1988. The scent is citrusy-animal. It is still available to purchase.

Jean Laporte

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes
GrapefruitGrapefruit
RaspberryRaspberry
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlackberryBlackberry
JasmineJasmine
Blackcurrant bud absoluteBlackcurrant bud absolute
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 23.02.2021.

Coutureguru
I could live with this one!
I am not a fan of Musk. In general, I find the note fusty and staid ... so it was with trepidation that I sampled this one, included in a mystery envelope of samples. While I'm not going to rush out and buy it, if Fraîcheur Muskissime made it's way into my collection via other routes I would more than likely wear it from time to time.

A refreshing burst of Aldehydic citrus notes up top leads the nose to a fruity, sparkling, aqua like Jasmine ... quite delicious! I had a conversation recently with a fragrance pal, discussing my abhorrence of fruit in fragrances of late. Strange then that I should find Fraîcheur Muskissime in any way appealing, considering the fact that it contains berries in the first two stages of its development. The conclusion we came up with is that it depends on the way fruits are used and whence they come.
I will put my nose on just about anything, and I think it's the rash of fruity floral 'celebu-scents' in the last few years that has created the fruit aversion in me (a la Britney/Justin/Xtina et al) ... the most recent being the absolutely ghastly Fame by Lady Gaga.
The fruit in this particular Maître Parfumeur et Gantier creation is handled subtly, allowing the tart aspects of the berries to hold sway and not drift in a sugary direction. A base of well intentioned Sandalwood creates a nice platform for the non-indolic Jasmine to lay upon, with the Musk here carrying a faint 'laundry' vibe, but not at all unpleasing. It's a 'clean' Musk, which if used in a fragrance at all is the kind I prefer.

My only negative comment on Fraîcheur Muskissime would be that its longevity and sillage are not up to scratch for a premium brand, at least not on my skin. That said, this is a 'fraîcheur' fragrance and in this regard is definitely doing its job in the 30 centigrade heat I am testing it in today.

by Aggeliki
by Aggeliki

Popular Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Ambre Précieux by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Doré by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Bahiana by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Précieux Ultime by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Cuir Fétiche by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Iris Bleu Gris by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Parfum d'Habit by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Santal Noble by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Bois de Turquie by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Grain de Plaisir by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Mythique by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Secrète Datura by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Vocalise Extravagante by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Eau des Îles by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Oud Extravagant by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Or des Indes by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Centaure by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Fleur des Comores by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Route du Vétiver by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Rose Opulente by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier