Fusion sacrée obscurFusion sacrée lui (2012)

Fusion sacrée obscur / Fusion sacrée lui by Majda Bekkali
Bottle Design: Isabelle Jeandot

Fusion sacrée obscur is a popular perfume by Majda Bekkali for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRum, Lemon, Celery, Sweet orange, Neroli, Cardamom, Lavender, Artemisia, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Tuberose, Geranium, Clove, Pear
Base Notes Base NotesLicorice, Benzoin, Opoponax, Amber, Cedar, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk

Submitted by Joe, last update on 15.07.2019

8.0 9.0 8.0 6.5/10

Yharnam79
Massive, engaging, undifferentiated and indefinable.
This time I start directly with the sentence that could represent the conclusion. What was still interesting at the first test and at least triggered a "I have never smelled such a scent" in me, has meanwhile developed in the direction of me that I find the scent as exhausting and annoying.
The fragrance starts powerful, sweet, creamy-powdery. This remains the case throughout the entire, almost non-existent fragrance process. It becomes a bit more bitter and heavier, but remains otherwise rather sweet and engaging.
The main problem for me, however, is the complete lack of differentiation. It smells as if all possible and impossible ingredients have been randomly thrown into one pot. And that's exactly how it smells. More is more here. For me, the fragrance looks like a dense, almost thick cloud of bittersweet creaminess without anything sticking out of the fragrance pyramid or at least flashing up briefly. I really can't smell anything out of this scent at any time. However, complexity does not necessarily have to be a manslaughter argument against a fragrance. Here it is unfortunately so that this mixture does not seem to fit (together) somewhere simply or better said, for my feeling no beautiful or round picture results. After a while I even find him a little uncomfortable. Not from the beginning but always after a certain wearing time.
For me a thoroughly undefinable and undefined fragrance, which comes up with a lot (too much) but shows too little of it.

Noxa
There I was, looking for caramel, coffee and rum when all of a sudden...
Holy celery Batman!
I've been moping around wanting to try this one forever, and tnx to my darling friend Oktopusy finally got a huge sample as a present.
Can you say disappointed? Can you say toxic celery blast?
Once the blasted celery deigned to leave, I was left with drunken caramel loveliness that's to die for. Alas, I died quite enough thank you very much fighting that darn celery off for the first hour and a half. Thankfully off my wish list.
10.0 10.0 10.0/10

FUTURE FUSION
I have been following Duchaufour's interpretation of perfumes and for me he has a different state of mind and highly skilled nose for skilled noses.Ok it is free for everybody to write reviews but we have to be realistic.Our tastes, our nose standards and every other back ground can be different but we all have to respect reality.
I am not gonna use fancy words such as caramel usage or other etc.. bla bla...
Here what I detect is the masterpiece of a highly skilled and qualifired nose.AS we all know kurkdijan is perfect in orange usage.But the orange in fusion sacre is incredible, that ? have never detected before.For me this work is one of the best of duchaoufor's one of the best that I smelled till now.A true masterpiece
10.0 7.5 10.0 5.0/10

Drseid
Caramel, Anise and Celery Seed?....
Fusion Sacre Lui opens with a just noticeable dulled orange note before it quickly transitions to its early heart. The barely detectable dulled orange remains, now joining slightly boozy rum and ground black coffee, all supporting a dominant anise and slightly sweet brown sugary caramel accord. As the fragrance makes its way through the heart accord the anise-laced caramel displays a slightly salty aspect derived from significant use of celery seed rising from the base that hangs around throughout. As the highly linear progression leads to the late dry-down, the rum and coffee grounds disappear and the celery seed recedes, leaving the anise-laced caramel sans its formerly salty undertone to dominate through the finish. Projection is excellent and longevity outstanding at over 15 hours on skin.

Fusion Sacree Lui was a relatively risky blind buy that unfortunately did not payoff. With a nose as skilled as Bertrand Duchaufour's it is near impossible not to have relatively high expectations, but even his vast skill couldn't save this one. The primary two culprits to the composition's ultimate failure lie with its liberal use of anise and celery seed. These two notes just don't mesh well with the caramel, and as the composition is highly linear they hang around for all but the first 30 seconds of the fragrance's amazingly long lifespan. I will give some props to Duchaufour for creating a gourmand that is not particularly sweet, but in this case even that attribute isn't enough. The bottom line is the $125 per 50 ml bottle Fusion Sacre Lui contains super-high quality and concentrated juice that has the performance metrics to match, but it is somewhat unpleasant smelling and highly annoying as time passes, earning a below average 2 to 2.5 stars out of 5. Gourmand fans that particularly enjoy anise may find the composition much more appealing than I, but if an anise gourmand is your thing, vintage Yohji Homme is a better bet for similar money.

by AufDuftreise
by AufDuftreise
by Bertel
by Bertel

Popular Majda Bekkali

Fusion sacrée obscur / Fusion sacrée lui by Majda Bekkali Mon nom est rouge by Majda Bekkali J'ai fait un rêve clair / J'ai fait un rêve elle by Majda Bekkali Tendre est la nuit obscur by Majda Bekkali Tulaytulah by Majda Bekkali Fusion sacrée clair / Fusion sacrée elle by Majda Bekkali J'ai fait un rêve obscur / J'ai fait un rêve lui by Majda Bekkali Mudéjar by Majda Bekkali Ziryab by Majda Bekkali Tendre est la nuit clair by Majda Bekkali