Uomo Vetyver Eau de Toilette

Uomo Vetyver (Eau de Toilette) by Malizia
7.7 / 10 179 Ratings
Uomo Vetyver (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Malizia for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Mirato.

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot CorianderCoriander LemonLemon Mandarin orangeMandarin orange NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart Notes VetiverVetiver CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base Notes VetiverVetiver
Submitted by Chemist, last update on 01.01.2023.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 26
Vetiver with a human face
If Terra, Couchlock, Torfdoen and Goodsmeller rate this "cheap scent", from which I don't know how and where you can get it, positively, then there's a lot to suggest that it's also good (or let's say more subjectively: that I like it too), and so it is - although I have to emphasize that I liked the scent spontaneously even before I looked at the pre-reviews and the scent pyramid.

Vetiver, I just mentioned it in another commentary, is always a trembler candidate with me. I find about 2/3 of all fragrances with a strong V component to be unpleasantly stinky, so that with a fragrance that even has the V in its name and also contains coriander (a.k.a. bugweed) in the list of ingredients to reinforce the stink alarm, all warning signals should actually light up for me
That wouldn't be necessary here: The cheerful, richly radiant, round, green freshness (which is less superficially "citric" than the full citrus package of mandarin, lemon, bergamot and neroli might suggest and which impresses in a much more valuable, differentiated, natural and finely elaborated way than one would expect from a budget fragrance) means that the woody and vetiverigen elements only have so much to give the whole exactly the right structure and depth of sharpness.

The result is a wonderful, very, very classic and just as noble men's fragrance for all seasons except winter, which can be recommended to all age groups without restriction.

Thanks to Cappellusman's generous donation, I was able to try the aftershave and EdT. The scents are identical and I can't tell the difference between them. Since the bottle at the aftershave (according to the pictures) is even trashy-cult-cheaper and the aftershave also seems a bit fresher (maybe that's just because of the green color), I might even decide for the Eau de Rasage if in doubt. This is also supported by the fact that the durability of the EdT is not that high, so there is no big difference from the side.
Top Review 16
P/L unbeatable, cheap but not cheap. Deo necessarily try‼
It was the summer holidays 2006, I go into an internet café and see this black/green deodorant can next to the cash register. I think to myself, "Oha! 5,- for a deodorant? That's almost twice as expensive as Axe!" Smell the spray head and am immediately charmed, so pay after I'm done and take the "expensive" can with me. It was so different and smelled so much better than anything I could find in deodorant at the drug store at the time. The deodorant was an absolute compliment getter for years and every one of my friends and acquaintances recognized me right away by that fresh, green, slightly herbaceous vetiver scent. After years I discovered in a shop for Italian specialties then that there is even an EDT, shower gel and shaving foam of Malizia and have stocked up directly :-) Whether as a deodorant, EDT or shaving cream, the price-performance ratio is brilliant.
Whether vacation, everyday life, gym or as described summer - really a great, cheap vetiver fragrance that does not smell cheap or penetrating. Very high recognition value. Even my girlfriend grins after years until today every time and says "Is that Malizia? Smells totally like vacation" when I apply this perfume or deodorant in sunny weather.
Hopefully, the production will never be discontinued

Very helpful Review 10
The scent of the young Italians
The deodorant of the same name by Malizia is a big player on the Italian market for deodorants. Allegedly every second between 16 and 30 years wears it, I have been told. Whether that is so, I can not judge, for that I was and am too rarely in Italy.
Here in Germany, the deodorant, which has motivated me to buy the EdT, has met me in any case only once.
An Italian friend has used it, left on the window sill and I, so often any people perfumes abschwatzen or steal, have used the favor of the hour and avenged me.
Muhahahahaha. (At this point there is a diabolical laugh, punctuated by finger movements à Mister Burns.)
After spraying about half a can of deodorant in my living room (actually on the balcony, but the door was open), it took a few days for
- the scent was completely gone
- i could make friends with him again without thinking about the incident.
The incident: the young man had, to my horror, sprayed his smelly socks with the deodorant so he could keep wearing them. Of course, I intervened and would have loved to knock the socks around his ears.

Anyway, after a few days I noticed that
- the scent is actually totally pleasant
- i obviously did not know before that I find vetiver great.
Now I have used up the deodorant and have come across in search of supplies on a (Italian) site, on which I could purchase it in twelve-supply packs.
Actually, I'm not like that. But this stuff has actually done it to me, besides, I can give the Italian his deodorant back this way if necessary, should he ever ask for it. But then he also owes me the pair of socks he got from me, so he doesn't have to spend the day in his Vetyver "showered" socks.
So on this site I discover different sets, with aftershave, with EdT.... and much more.
"Why not? At this price, you can not do much wrong." - thought, done, ordered.

The EdT smells fresh, the bergamot, which I also like in (black) tea, does well and is the one that gives the fragrance the necessary (fruity-like) freshness.
!But!
For me, the deodorant smells forest-fresh, just wonderful.
So now if the deodorant were a forest, the EdT would be a somewhat dusty forest, as in the comparison of two identical paintings, one of them dust-covered or in the study of identical twins, one of which leaves the house without sunscreen, it would come off worse.
It also doesn't hold up as well as the deodorant.
You could certainly combine the two, but I think that's unnecessary: you're more than served with the deodorant.
It has absolute recognition value and is in my environment still no one disturbing noticed, not even on me as a woman.
Deodorante per sempre!
2.5

Very helpful Review 6
Venerable Vetyver
If you like your vetiver dry and smoky then this is a must buy for you. It may be vetiver on a budget, but in terms of longevity, silage and sheer quality it can put a lot of scents four or five times its price to shame. Don't let the inexpensive price tag or the rather cheap looking bottle put you off either, as what you do get is a quality scent which can stand shoulder to shoulder with some of the better known vetivers from the big fragrance houses. A big thumbs up from me!

manlyscents
Cheapest bottle in my collection, but far from the worst
I used the Vetyver "deodorant spray EDT" extensively back in the day, but needed Scents of South Jersey on YouTube to point out the existence of the proper EDT. For the €6 it costs, I was expecting a super synthetic mess. Well, is it?

This is surprisingly pleasant, masculine, and dry, quite linear throughout with citrus, pine, and smoky vetiver. There might be more, but that's all I get. It's basically a clone of modern Dunhill Edition; not to be confused with vintage Dunhill Edition which was complex and long-lasting.

Performance of Malizia is moderate at best, but just as bad as the current watered-down Dunhill Edition, which costs at least 4 times more, making Malizia a much better bang for buck.

The bottle is tall with a narrow footprint and topples easily, but thankfully it's very light so a domino effect with larger bottles is unlikely to happen. It only comes in 50ml, so you can tell it's made to be chucked into a gym bag or beach bag, which explains why the bottle is so bloody hideous. I'll definitely place it at the very back of the display shelf. In a box. Hidden inside a false bottom drawer.

Masculinity Level: Brad Pitt as the ex green beret in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood.
More reviews

4 short views on the fragrance
Herkules762Herkules762 3 years ago
Great scent, moderate sillage, weak longetivity. For this price, it's a bargain!
MihaiuMihaiu 3 years ago
fresh spicy aromatic vetyver & basil. the deospray is better: more potent, spicy & manly
JoeyJoey 4 years ago
The best budget Vetyver scent on market. Simply i love it!
ElysiumElysium 6 years ago
To me this is one of the best earthy, dry, smoky and aromatic impersonation of the vetiver root. I happen to love it in this sunny autumn day

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Malizia

Malizia Oud - Curiosity by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Milk Shake by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Milk Cake by Malizia Uomo Silver by Malizia Uomo Skyline by Malizia Uomo Vetyver (After Shave Tonic) by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Butterfly by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Melody by Malizia Malizia Oud - Arabesque by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Cotton Flower by Malizia Uomo Musk by Malizia Uomo Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Sweet Vanilla by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Oxygen Bubble by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Cherry Up by Malizia Malizia Oud - my First Billion by Malizia Malizia BonBons - Primobacio by Malizia Malizia Collection Uomo Iron (Eau de Toilette) by Malizia Malizia Collection Uomo Wood by Malizia Gocce - Te' Verde by Malizia