Cedrat Boise (2011)

Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Cedrat Boise is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Spices, Blackcurrant, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesWater jasmine, Fruits, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Moss, Sandalwood, Vanilla, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.07.2020.

Not for me
I tried this fragrance for all the fame it had and for the similarities that people said it had with aventus. The fragrance has a delicious outlet for my taste, with fruity notes to give way to woody notes. However, I don't see the similarity with aventus. It can give similar sensations but they are quite different. Aventus is much better in my opinion.
Also in terms of duration and projection, it worked fatally on my skin, so I would not buy this fragrance for myself.

Fruity Businessman
First of all I can't jump into all of these aventus comparison kind of stuff because I don't own aventus yet (I have CDNIM). Still not enough to make comparisons..
After all the hype I finally got my hands into this fragrance but honestly, i am disappointed.. I really like fruity fragrances but this one does it differently. The top notes gives that burst of lemony fruity vibe but after that, the woods and smokiness becomes the main player. Im not sure if it is just the "niche" vibe about it but like the title, I would imagine this scent smelling on a businessman or someone who is well dressed up and talks business. Considering all the fruitiness I anticipated that this will be a more suitable everyday fragrance but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me...

One more thing, the performance/projection sucks on my skin. Performance 2-3 hours easy, projection stays really close to my skin. 5/10 for me.
4.5
(bad) alternative to Aventus
After Aventus drew me into the perfume jungle, I succumbed a little to the batch hype, but at first I could not imagine paying such prices for perfumes, I started looking for possible alternatives and came across Cedrat Boise.
So a bottling was ordered and eagerly waited for the mail. The parcel hastily torn open, 2 sprayers on the arm and smelled it with anticipation. The next moment was a mixture of disappointment, horror and suspicion of fraud. Because what I smelled was much more like an ashtray than a smoky Aventus batch, and I couldn't smell much more (with a very amateurish nose) than this very ashtray and leather. Atomiser closed, chapter Cedrat Boise closed for now.

Months later I rediscovered the bottling and, at the risk of regretting it, I wanted to sniff the scent again. So again 2 sprayers on the arm and the nose, this time more hesitantly, held on to it. And to my surprise it did not smell as much like an ashtray as I remembered. Instead it smelled much more spicy and leathery. Eventually the spicy settled and a warm leather smell remained. After about an hour I even liked the scent quite a bit.

In the end, for me this is not an Aventus alternative and I cannot explain where the associations come from. People who like male, leathery fragrances might be worth a try, but my bottling still goes into the "fragrance bunker"
Confidence booster
I was sent a sample of Cedrat Boise in succession of a souk by mail. When I receive such mail I take each sample and smell the spray head first in the hope of getting a first impression. When I smelled at the spray head of the Cedrat Boise sample, the first thing that came to my mind was, I must confess and I'm sorry, Aventus. Although I have never really tested Aventus before, always only on the fragrance strip and actually smelled the clones of Aventus rather than himself, this fragrance aroused a connection to Aventus and I understand why it is compared to that one at first sight. But now that I have actually tested Aventus extensively, I have to say that they are two completely different scents. They radiate the same vibe and serve the same purpose, but in my opinion they cannot be compared with each other, even though I unfortunately did so in the beginning.

Now for the fragrance itself: For me, it even starts off leathery in the top note, which made me a little suspicious at first, because I honestly expected something fresher, but I (fortunately) went for it. I sprayed the scent on at 4 pm and went shopping first, so that the scent could show what it can do in real everyday use. When I said goodbye to the family, my father, who actually doesn't think much of perfume, asked if I was wearing a new fragrance. I told him that I had received a few samples and he just answered with an "oh". So I wanted to hear directly his (most likely negative) opinion about the scent. I suspected evil, because he could already perceive the scent from a distance of three meters (despite only two sprayers). He only said "it's okay". You don't know my father, and I can tell you, this is the most positive thing he has said about any perfume in a long time. I, almost inspired by my father's "compliment", went shopping and felt just fine with the fragrance. That's all I can say; for me, a fragrance that boosts my self-confidence. It remained leathery throughout the whole process and after five or six hours I had the feeling that it became slightly vanilla. As I'm having "Corona holidays" at the moment, my sleeping rhythm isn't the best, so at two o'clock, ten hours after spraying it on, I could still perceive the wonderful leathery vanilla scent on me. The durability is really outstanding with Cedrat Boise. I think the sillage is also quite good, because my mother repeatedly told me how much I would smell.

All in all, I really have to say how much I like this fragrance and especially its durability surprised me positively. It is not a 10/10 fragrance for me now, but it is definitely close. If you don't like leather, in my opinion it's nothing for you. I know that the fragrance is nothing special and for a niche fragrance quite close to the "Mass Pleaser", but I also think the price is not too bad. An absolute recommendation from me, as the fragrance has been very appealing to me.
Aventus Police
Halt! May I see your papers for a moment? Well, look at that. Wait a minute. *calls the State Creed Directorate* Yeah, just as I thought. This has nothing to do with Aventus! -------------------------------------------
In the meantime I have been on the road with Parfumo since June 2017. One of the first perfume names you come across is of course Aventus. The noble and controversial rider from the house of Creed, who changes his shape depending on the batch, but unmistakably smells of fruit (like pineapple), smoke and a pinch of leather. As it probably happened to many people here, I didn't want to spend too much money on fragrances in the beginning. Bottlings were bought, sharings were attended, and samples were sniffed in Vienna's perfumeries. I started with the alleged clones of the rider, including CNDIM, Vibrant Leather and ripoffs not listed here.

In the end, I also ordered a bottling of Aventus. I have seen how the fragrance twins imitate the original to a large extent and have also seen where the big differences lie. CDNIM is smokier, Vebellé's is fruitier, all quite similar but never exactly like the original. I have given up trying to find the perfect copy and will only go back to the original in the future.

Nevertheless, the search for the perfect twin is a very exciting journey. One gets to know many fragrances, some of them even have their own character and therefore raison d'être, such as the Explorer from Montblanc. That's why I itched under my fingers when a nice perfumo here shared a sharing with Cedrat Boise. So I had to join in, just to see how it smells, because it is really often mentioned as an alternative.

Arrived, sprayed... what? The Aventus police must first clarify something - fruit, yes, smoke, yes. But not like Aventus. Not at all. The fruit then tends to go more in the direction of currants, as you can also smell in Pierre Guillaume's Aqaysos. There's smoke too, but not like Aventus. Weaker, at least weaker than CDNIM in any case. And there's leather too. And a whole, whole lot of it. The smell is very peculiar, not bad, but certainly not like Aventus. A fruity, leathery scent that certainly fits well into everyday life, because it is not too overwhelming in its performance.

But Aventus? Probably not.
Aventus?! Pardon?!
I wonder why the scent is often described as Aventus Clone? Where do all these Aventus associations come from? Was the success of Aventus really so great after just one year that it was decided to copy it so quickly? Or maybe it's enough to name a few of the fruits + something woody in the fragrance description and we're dealing with an Aventus clone? Who knows...

Aventus is VERY high on my favourite list because it is simply top fragrance. I generally like this scent and I always like to test scents that take the similar path. Seduced by digital descriptions, I made my way to a well-known perfumery and "tested" the Cedrait Boise.

When I asked about him, I immediately got the "Oooo, he's passing something like Aventus" speech. Well, I read that and that's why I'm here, so let's try it!

In the beginning it was already different than I had imagined, the only thing I could feel was the delicious currant, but short, a little too much for my taste and... that's all, after that it was just leather, leather and leather. Nothing else. Leather likes me, I don't like leather. I had to wash my wrist quickly and with the help of soap Cedrat Boise became a thing of the past.

But I have to write that it already holds really well and is strong, but is too far away from what I am looking for. It is certainly not an Aventus clone. If someone likes fruity and leather, be satisfied with it. If anyone is looking for Aventus Alternative, they won't find anything here for themselves.
Steee
Let's get something straight.
This was originally supposed to be a statement, but since it got a bit too long, it must be a comment. Then just a little more detailed.
First, I'd like to say a few words about the fragrance. It starts very nicely with a fruity-citric mixture and becomes more and more woody in the course of time, which I personally find very good. So you can wear it all year round without any problems. Shelf life and Sillage are as one knows it from Manceras, absolutely top. I sprayed the scent on my wrist again yesterday evening (now it's relatively early in the morning) and can still see the woody drydown very clearly.
In short: fragrance, durability, Sillage are definitely signature -worthy and can be worn all year round.
But now to the actual reason why I had to comment on this. In the meantime it is common in most perfume communities that every fragrance that combines something fresh or fruity with a woody accord is of course an Aventus imitation. In the worst case the scent even has a pineapple in the scent pyramid, then it gets at least one rating star less anyway, because that must be a dupe!
This thinking can and will be truthful in some cases, but sometimes, as with this one, it is just too narrow-mindedly thought or smelled.
Dior Homme Intense/Parfum were released some years before Prada L'Homme, known for the iris note, the Prada is now also a dupe? (I am aware that these smell of course clearly more differently than the Aventus "comparisons", this should only show that one can find parallels, if one looks for them absolutely)
The Cedrat Boise was released in 2011, the Aventus at the end of 2010. At that time it experienced much less hype than today and additionally it was smokier/darker than today and wouldn't be a comparison to the Cedrat Boise.
in this version Apart from all the "technical data", there are two completely different perfumes. As already described above, of course you will find similarities if you desperately search for it and I wouldn't attribute a golden nose to myself, but this huge difference is more than obvious in my eyes.
Sorry if this comment is a bit harsh, but such fragrances as Cedrat Boise are not appreciated enough. It is a well-done fragrance which is not subject to batch fluctuations. Don't get me wrong, I like the Aventus very much, but this one has very little to do with it.

Have a nice weekend, everybody.
Exaltatus
An association between Aventus and Cedrat Boise ?
Thanks to DufTiger who sold me a bottling with the words "This is no Aventus Clon". Ih replied "Thank God".
I can smell here components that are also included in the Aventus - YES. It's fruity and a little smoky/herbal. But to act as a fragrance twin for this reason??? NO - not with me.
When spraying it starts fruity/smoky. The currants and fruits as well as the woods they contain are easily recognizable.
After the drydown, the intensity decreases equally and results in a good overall fragrance.
From the durability I would say - please spray after 6-7 hours a sprayer.

After all, this is really a fragrance of its own that you can still say - do you like Aventus? Then you'll like this one too. I don't want to buy a complete bottle because of the price/performance ratio. There's more interesting stuff here, like the Red Tobacco.

In this sense have fun sniffing out yourself :)
Never smelled Cedrat Boise before? So you can imagine the whole thing:
Why the hell haven't I ever written a statement at Parfumo before? I wish you could see how often I've written miles of notes about various scents for myself. Today I'll try to share something with you.

Are you reading lazy and hating long lyrics? All right, then the short version: Is that an Aventus clone? No. Nevertheless, there are clear but deeper parallels between the scents.

No clone? Ehh... what's that stuff then? It is a kind of Aventus substitute for people who actually find Aventus quite interesting, but in the end could not quite warm up with it. To put it badly: Aventus hype is awesome, smoke no thanks! Do you only like the opening of Aventus and have always wondered why the hell people want to smell like herbaceous trees? If your ears are pointy... well, you're actually reading this. If no and you (justifiably) regard the Drydown of Aventus as a unique masterpiece, then this won't be anything for you. Let Aventus be Aventus Aventus and get yourself a bottling or a mini load of Aventus in sharing. That'll make you happiest.

Now to the heart of the matter: How exactly does Cedrait Boise smell now? Do you know Dior Sauvage (rhetorical question)? Do you know Coach for men? Go to the local miller or Douglas tomorrow, spray each of them on a strip and smell them one behind the other in comparison. You'll immediately notice how much these scents resemble each other. But it is not the same scent or a copy. It's as if the people from Coach said "Man, Sauvage is great but I wish he wasn't so peppery, biting and provocative". Coach for men somehow picks up on Sauvage's style, but interprets it in a gentler and milder way. It's the same with Cedrait Boise and Aventus too.

Cedrait Boise takes up the idea behind Aventus, the theme of Aventus. That thing is translated as "woody lemon". Aventus combines a citrus-fresh note with a strong woody-smoky and masculine note in contrast. However, Aventus is never really 50 50 of everyone at the same time, because Aventus changes so much in the course of time. Aventus first presents its fresh pineapple side, without showing too much birch, and then moves on to the woody, masculine course. Cedrait Boise has no pineapple to offer. Instead, here a lemon-like note mixes with a cedar wood note. Particularly: In the course of the fragrance these always appear as a pair of two. The lemon clearly dominates at the beginning and steadily decreases slightly, but remains clearly present until the end. The wood is already present from the beginning but is the backbone of the fragrance. In the course of time it becomes slightly softer, while minimally sweetcreamy notes are added. The cedar wood already smells harsh and masculine but it is not even in the beginning like the birch in Aventus. Therefore Cedrait Boise is not a really smoky scent. In the process, I can smell some kind of dark, tart fruitiness. I imagine that would be the black currants. But I'm not a perfume engineer with a secret laboratory in the Nevada desert, so I can't tell you things like "Aha, after exactly 63.42 minutes I'll add 0.05531% vanilla fragrance". I think however my lines should be enough as commercial description.

All in all I find it hard to say that this is an Aventus without smoke. That just doesn't do it justice. Instead I claim, as mentioned above, that it is a kind of alternative for people for whom Aventus is simply too much. All in all Cedrait Boise is really great and has perfect justification. It is a more digestible, more fruity reinterpretation of the Aventus theme without appearing like an Armaf or anything like a cheap copy. But you should like lemon! For performance I can clearly sign the values given by Parfumo. This stuff is banging like it came from a man's torso of Jean Paul Gaultier ... hat off to Mancera! Also the price is a real argument, you simply get a lot offered. I don't know much about flacons, but I find them quite chic and independent (especially the cap you turn instead of pulling). He really convinced me and a 10ml bottling he is worth in any case for interested.
Aventus is great, but I won't be looking for clones or Aventus Sharings for a long time. Now blink, your eyes are surely completely dried out!

Cedrat Boisse
Finally I have gotten around to reviewing one of Mancera's most well known and popular releases, the fruity, musky, woody 2011 release, Cedrat Boise. Enjoy.

TaberneroTabernero 81 days ago
a great fragrance that mixes wood smoke and fruit. definitely perfect for fall spring and summer nights. with a lot of character
AlchemystedAlchemysted 86 days ago
I’m loving this!! In my skin it has a nice citrus opening and dries into a smooth incense vibe.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 7 months ago
Really synthetic opening. Aventus like DNA....that drys to a woody creamy fruitiness....it's nice....but spoiled by the opening.
Treznoez007Treznoez007 12 months ago
Smeel sweet and fresh
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
Great fresh scent with hints of Adnan B. Noir with a remarquable blackcurrant opening. Very good performance for a "freshie". Recomended!

by Kitho
by PikScent
by Raph
by Raph

Popular Mancera

Lemon Line by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Velvet Vanilla by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wild Leather by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera