Cedrat Boise 2011

Cedrat Boise by Mancera
Cedrat Boise is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian lemonSicilian lemon
LeatherLeather
OakmossOakmoss
VanillaVanilla
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.01.2022.

Versatile citrus woody scent
Lovely fresh citrus woody scent. I actually really think the balance of wood and freshness is perfect for my taste. I'll be wearing more of this in the future for sure. It reminds me a bit of Percival as to what occasions this would be great for, i.e. daily use or for anything really. But it is a tad more woody and deep than Percival. Such a lovely and versatile fragrance is great to have!

As for the Aventus comparisons, I understand why some people see it as similar due to the scent profile, but it's really not that similar. It's not like someone would ask you if you're wearing Aventus. This is its own scent and it's great!

ScentGrail
Fragrance community best kept "secret"!
Mancera Cedrat Boise is a citrus woody perfume for men and women released in 2011. The fragrance is often compared to Creed Aventus, yet it is the only scent from that genre that stands on its own.

One thing that has never changed in my search for a holy grail scent is the fact even after being into this hobby for such a long time, Mancera Cedrat Boise has remained one of my favourite fragrances of all time.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- The best all-year-round affordable niche perfume on the market
- Created by Pierre Montale in 2011
- Timeless citrus woody composition that will never go out of style
- Great value for money
- Unisex fragrance that works better on men

Mancera Cedrat Boise has been with me during the better part of the last decade in good and in bad. Never have I been more emotionally attached to a fragrance than to this one.

Objectively speaking, even if I didn’t have all these memories, Cedrat Boise would still end up as a holy grail scent. It’s just one of those scents that define who I am, and maybe who I want to be.

*Check out my Parfumo profile to find out how can you read full reviews on my website.*

Lighter version of aventus
More wearable than aventus, this is fruity and popular and versatile. Comes in at a better price point and the presentation is very nice. Lacks the potency of aventus but that suits some people. A fresher, fruitier version of creed’s famous fragrance. Can be worn all year round and garners nice compliments too.
Torn
I'm torn on this one. I'm looking for an inexpensive everyday scent and ordered a sample of Cedrat Boise from a nice souker. The sample arrived on a stressful day with a headache, lack of sleep (10 month old twins who won't sleep through the night) and a growling stomach. My kids' eyes and the scent sample were the bright spot of the day but I didn't want to test the scent that night. I didn't want to affect the scent with the negative sensations, however I am easily (!!!) impatient, so after kids were in bed and I hopped out of the shower, the sample found its way to my arm. Mhhhm a yummy tart citrus and currant, I liked that. But after a short while a note came on that I didn't like. I still don't know what it is exactly but something bothered me. It reminded me of a farm ( is that the patchouli ??). I went to bed but couldn't resist smelling it every now and then and then it came. ohhhh this symbiosis of vanilla and wood, how delicious and creamy with a splash of fruit. I went to bed with a smile because this could be my everyday fragrance.

-Next day -

I was looking forward this morning to get up, because now only the performance and the sillage must fit and the cat is in the bag. But unfortunately, I am not satisfied with the H&S after this day and also on the third day it remained. The only consolation was that the note I did not like quickly fades and I could live with it.
The sillage is well perceptible for about 2 hours within a radius of 1m.

The durability about 5 hours then I hardly notice him.
I like the facets, the symbiosis of vanilla and wood which become so deliciously creamy. I hope that the spray routine but still the rudder rumreit and drives me into the safe harbor of mancera.

ScentSlave
Definitely one of my faves to wear…
… it’s just not as strong as people claim it is. Such a fantastic scent, it’s a shame I never got to try the “pre-reformulation” version.

I personally don’t smell any similarities to Aventus… it’s definitely got its own flavor. I’m wearing it quite often this summer; preferably to gatherings like Church sermons, etc.

On me, it projects to a 1-3ft radius for an hour or 2, and then backs off to maybe a foot and a half. The sillage trail it leaves is also good… light, but very much there, and the longevity is ok, 5-7hrs, but the last 5 hours it’s mainly a skin scent.

Oh how I wish I got a hold of a pre 2016 bottle… I really wish I had a batch that performed like the youtubers claim it did.
Hpclt
A great, fresh niche fragrance for almost every day
I first came into contact with Mancera through Black Gold. In a way, this bottling opened my eyes to niche fragrances at the time. I found myself in front of a, for my still comparatively short time in the perfume world, extraordinary fragrance, which at the same time was particularly pleasant but also rather feminim on me.
Logic outside followed after this men's shortly thereafter a unisex fragrance of Mancera: Cedrat Boise, about which it should be here.

Again surprised me the, measured against many designer fragrances, stand out complexity. In this case, with a fruity, citrus-fresh start, which is immediately complemented by a certain, but not predominant woodiness. I could now imagine this fragrance in everyday life.

The appealing Parfumo photos of the Falkon and the accompanying "Mancera perfume sock" ultimately tempted me to buy, which I have not regretted in advance until today. But back to the bottle: Arrived in the hand, just the 120ml bottle I have purchased, seems less chic than simply plain. Be that as it may - the haptics with screw cap and large spray head still says to me and the said "sock" provides talking points when examining my ever-growing perfume shelf.

Pleasingly, it also confirmed my suspicions that with Cedrat Boise I have found a fragrance that I myself like to wear both in the office and on summer evenings. It fits me from spring and into early fall. For the winter he is too fresh for me.
The woodiness provides a certain dominance that makes me reach for another scent on some days. But if the choice falls on Cedrat Boise, I enjoy the good durability and great fragrance composition for a long time.
Interestingly, the compliments are also dependent on the day - so mind you, with the same person. In this respect: Absolute recommendation for the collection, but not necessarily as the only perfume for every day.

Go your own way
It seems impossible to talk about Cedrat Boise and not mention Aventus, it is clear that he is on a similar line, but it seems to me that he is the least similar of the Aventus inspirations, this fragrance follows his own path.
A much more fruity path, much less smoky, that has earned on its own merits that his own DNA is recognized.
In terms of quality, it is far from that of Creed, but it is very much enjoyed and liked a lot, it has a special charm. I am a bit sorry to hear the bad reviews that there are lately, I have not tried the new batches, but what I have from 2019 if I remember correctly, performs well.

FeineNase84
Cedrat bois, not Aventus!
Hello everyone.

How many times have I read that cedrat boise is supposed to be a bad aventus clone.
There is clearly a parallel to Aventus, however, it is for me a separate fragrance.
Rather the Aventus grown up.
Already in the opening quite different.
Although strong lemony but in a gentle way, in conjunction with the currant and spices.
When the fragrance has settled and reached its heart notes, it is a fruity woody interplay. Simply very good for everyday use and of course very good to use in the summer.
Have e.g. Today also get 2 compliments again
Basti87
Year-round fragrance with a lot of potential
Another fragrance that I have already tested a few years ago and have bought only now. He liked me very well earlier, but the big spark was not jumped over, similar to the Wave Musk, which I have also tested a long time ago and only bought this summer. Mancera has many fragrances that I find extremely interesting for everyday wear. These fragrances from the brand are easy to wear in everyday life without being overpowering. Still, they have a lot of recognition and charm. The most important thing for everyday life: Performance!
For a long time, Aventus was indicated here as a fragrance twin. Did not find at all that these are related on a fragrance twin basis. Nevertheless, it must be said: the style is similar. They also go in a similar direction in terms of occasion and vibe. I have to be clear though: this Cedrat Boise I find casual, where the Creed and its x-clones go more in a classic direction. The Cedrat Boise is already clearly more my thing. However, I find the comparison between Cedrat Boise and Aventus superfluous, as both are independent enough. I also find the copying of the two to be a bit far-fetched. This Cedrat Boise came a year after Aventus and thus before the great hype on the market.

This Cedrat Boise is Mancera's big cash cow. This brand has some popular scents, but this one is already a big name in the fragrance community. Rightfully so. For me, it's an everyday weapon. Especially for people who want to keep their collection small, this one would be a great option: except in high heat and freezing cold, you can always wear this one. But I see this one best between 10 and 20 degrees. Especially for everyday wear, as it comes across as cool yet classy and elegant. The best thing about this fragrance I find the perfectly balanced facets: very pleasant woody notes, noble leather, fruity-fresh currant and lemon, plus a pleasant and not too heavy sweetness.
It starts with a lot of currant. A note that may occur gladly more often in fragrances. Very unrated. Here fresh fruity with subtle fresh citric. From the start, this fragrance is accompanied by a nice noble leather note, but it never quite pushes itself to the fore. It gives the creation a serious touch. In keeping with the name, there is of course a lot of wood. Very gentle and harmonious with the leather and currant. A nice subtle sweetness also accompanies this fragrance without becoming toouu sweet. It always stays on a serious and not too playful level. Overall, for me, a great blend of classic and modern fragrance that can be worn well by young and old. The unisex status is ok, but for me rather masculine. Nevertheless, ladies can actually wear everything.
The performance is much almost all Manceras really great. Good sillage and he holds loosely through a working day. This plays an important role in everyday life. Who wants to wear this to other occasions can do so. The goes actually always, except for sports activities.

The fragrance is considered a compliment-getter, if you believe some people's social media posts. Quite possibly. A crowdpleaser that is special and you can't go wrong with. Also available at a fair price. Especially the great 120ml bottle.
The sweet woody lemon
With the name Cedrat Boise, Mancera has gone back to the basics - the sweet woody lemon.

The prelude is accordingly also only briefly lemony fresh and is then overlaid by a fruity, later syrupy sweetness. What is meant there by currant reminds me more of his sweet, sticky candy, which is supposed to taste like currant according to the packaging, but remains rather indefinably sweet, with a very slight spice in the background. After that, woody impressions then make themselves felt. The initial sweetness gets company from vanilla, which is then unfortunately a bit too much for me and for me with the woody impressions also no longer really goes together. If you wait a while, come still smoky and leathery impressions, but unfortunately also something musty.

So I'm sorry to say that I'm rather disappointed with Cedrat Boise. And with an Aventus clone has in my opinion purely nothing to do.

MickoMicko 26 days ago
Sometimes i love him sometimes i don' t. Performance is average, sometimes above average. Similiar like a aventus but no note of smoke
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 3 months ago
Aventus meets Gucci Guilty Absolute. Opens w/ Aventus then harsh leather kicks in and 1 hour later it's mostly lemon with now softer leather
JMWeedJMWeed 4 months ago
Lemony blast that settles down into something deeper. I get the Aventus similarity, but still comes across unique. Hype may bit overblown.
FerasFeras 6 months ago
Very nice Fragrance but the performance is not what i expected
GuapoGuapo 7 months ago
Simply...Wow!!!
JFP26JFP26 7 months ago
The opening is very captivating with sweet fruits and citrus. On the drydown it loses his magic. I find it boring. Overall the scent its ok.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
In the opening, blackcurrant and lemon. Invigorating fresh and woody scent, fruity with a leathery, musky base. The performance is good.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 months ago
Sweet black currant interpretation of avenues with no smoke and leather instead. Distant enough to not be redundant.
TaoEuringerTaoEuringer 9 months ago
A dense blast of character, presented through notes of blackcurrant and cedarwood
RonniweRonniwe 11 months ago
Fragancia con un aroma que es riquisimo. Lo malo es que los nuevos batches tienen menos duración.

by Royalo
by Oscarsh86
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Aoud Exclusif by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Aoud Orchid by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Intense Cedrat Boise by Mancera Hindu Kush by Mancera