Cedrat Boise 2011

Cedrat Boise by Mancera
Cedrat Boise is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Spices, Blackcurrant, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesWater jasmine, Fruits, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Moss, Sandalwood, Vanilla, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.10.2020.

CigiScent
A good fragrance in it's own right!
As so many have stated. This is not a clone of any fragrance. This is a fragrance that stands on it's own. It is very fruity, woody, leathery to me.

This was not a love at first sniff, in the beginning I did not even like it. It was to aggressive to me, which is very strange because I saw so many reviews stating it was a safe blind buy, everyone loved it, it was so smooth. Well, no to me. There is something really masculine in this fragrance. I guess it is the leather note.

You know the note breakdown. It is a warm fragrance thanks to the vanilla and woods. I have a 2018 batch and the performance is really good. It took however three months to open up. In the beginning it was rather shy, but now it performs really well. It does not fill up large rooms, but has a nice sillage and very good longevity. I can smell it on my skin after 24 hours.

I would not recommend this is a blind buy, but I would never recommend any fragrance as a blind buy. If this fragrance is at a discount it is worth it's money. It does smell quite synthetic to me, but it smells nice. At full retail, the price is kind of steep. It is a real mancera, so performance is high, but there is not a lot of subtlety or elegance to this fragrance.

I recommend not to spray it anywhere near you nose, because I get OF very easy. One spray on each wrist is ideal to me for a nice scent bubble the whole day long.
The good stuff
In my nose, the fruity-juicy, tart cedar wood theme is one of, if not the most attractive fragrance mix of modern perfumery. At Cedrat Boise, the game begins with currant, which is also used very skilfully in other Mancera fragrances. Anyone who has ever smelled the synthesized raw material in concentrated form, however, wonders after waking up from a coma how such a perverse scent can smell so good in small quantities. At least that's the case with the currant taste
Over the course of several hours, the initially barely perceptible wood note increases to this typical tart to slightly coked aroma. Very sexy! However, I always have to hold back and not apply more than three sprays, otherwise I experience a perception gap that lasts for several hours and the coked aroma at the end disappears. Any of the contained fragrances temporarily knock out my olfactory receptors if the dose becomes too high. Then do not change the bottle under any circumstances, otherwise you risk the outbreak of an acute "Batcheritis".

I find the many fruit variations at the various openings of this genre interesting, which you can find on the market. Always somehow different and yet similar. I have some of them in my collection and I like to wear them all. Citrus power in Armaf CdN, citrus mate in Vilhelm's Black Citrus - which is tarter than Jever beer -, red berries in Steve McQueen's Mythic - a rare but very appealing variation - and then the pineapple. But I only have it as a clone - a real eclat - because the royal high-priced shortness of breath makes "pine apple" a "pain apple" for me
The pineapple combination seems to trigger a psychotic reoccurrence in some quarters, with an avalanche-like reinforcing effect. Buy as many variations as possible blindly, write a review, resell. If someone writes a comparison with the supposed king and proclaims a new insult to majesty, a few more will follow within a few weeks. In any case, there are more comparative opinions on Cedrat Boise alone than there are fruit varieties in perfumes. Only one is worth reading - that of ElWedo below. I quote the only true would-be king of all time: I'd rather go pineapple growing in Alaska than read another comparison like that.

Mouthwateringly Divine!
A loved one bought some samples from luckyscent and gave me some of the samples I really liked. This was one of them. Upon application, the scent is immediately a heady rush of lemon and smoky leather, mixed in with fruity notes and a tangy pepper to round off the perfume and ensure it's well=rounded. There's a tanginess to this fragrance. This is so well rounded that its not easy to differentiate the notes as time goes on. I've no idea where the vanilla's supposed to be, however the moss and the water jasmine combines with the leather and the cedar to give a nice woody-leathery-fruity-lemon mix.

It really is divine and completely mouthwatering. The scent alone makes me want to keep putting my nose next to my wrist and taking deep breaths in of this heady aroma. It's absolutely intoxicating!

Today it's a summery day despite it being a winter sun and the air is fairly dry. It seems to be ideal for Cedrat Boise and the aroma goes further than I remember the previous time I'd applied this from the little sample container to pulse points. Others remarked on the "lovely scent" and wanted to know what I was wearing so they could maybe try it on and for themselves.

It's utterly delicious and I'd like to save up to purchase the actual 120 ml bottle itself, along with a few other fragrances that the luckyscemt samples have really made me decide to buy the EDP itself. This is a must-have fragrance.

Whilst I have no idea if it smells like other fragrances such as the Aventus Creed some people refer to, I know this is a delightful and divine fragrance - delicious, fresh and inviting. It has the scent of a summer's day in the wind.

Imagine that you were to shower and then to mix the essential oils of Sicilian lemon and bergamot with Jasmine and sandalwood, whilst lit a charcoal brazier upon which you paced some chips of cedar wood and some sandalwood, which sent up plumes of whitish smoke filling the air with these woody aromas. You then mixed a base oil with the essential oils of the lemon, jasmine and bergamot and rubbed this onto your body. Once drenched in this heady mix you ran a bath in which you poured some vanilla and spices, and you lay down in this bath and breathed in these exquisite scents. When you finally emerged, you wrapped yourself in leather and dabbed a little white musk on your pulse points as well as continued to add cedar chips and sandalwood to the brazier so the aromas of the wood and the smoky incense mingled and wrapped you around enticingly.This is Cedrat Boise Mancera for women and men. It is mouthwateringly divine and absolutely intoxicating and it's a fragrance I'm getting with my next payday.

Not for me
I tried this fragrance for all the fame it had and for the similarities that people said it had with aventus. The fragrance has a delicious outlet for my taste, with fruity notes to give way to woody notes. However, I don't see the similarity with aventus. It can give similar sensations but they are quite different. Aventus is much better in my opinion.
Also in terms of duration and projection, it worked fatally on my skin, so I would not buy this fragrance for myself.

Fruity Businessman
First of all I can't jump into all of these aventus comparison kind of stuff because I don't own aventus yet (I have CDNIM). Still not enough to make comparisons..
After all the hype I finally got my hands into this fragrance but honestly, i am disappointed.. I really like fruity fragrances but this one does it differently. The top notes gives that burst of lemony fruity vibe but after that, the woods and smokiness becomes the main player. Im not sure if it is just the "niche" vibe about it but like the title, I would imagine this scent smelling on a businessman or someone who is well dressed up and talks business. Considering all the fruitiness I anticipated that this will be a more suitable everyday fragrance but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me...

One more thing, the performance/projection sucks on my skin. Performance 2-3 hours easy, projection stays really close to my skin. 5/10 for me.
4.5
(bad) alternative to Aventus
After Aventus drew me into the perfume jungle, I succumbed a little to the batch hype, but at first I could not imagine paying such prices for perfumes, I started looking for possible alternatives and came across Cedrat Boise.
So a bottling was ordered and eagerly waited for the mail. The parcel hastily torn open, 2 sprayers on the arm and smelled it with anticipation. The next moment was a mixture of disappointment, horror and suspicion of fraud. Because what I smelled was much more like an ashtray than a smoky Aventus batch, and I couldn't smell much more (with a very amateurish nose) than this very ashtray and leather. Atomiser closed, chapter Cedrat Boise closed for now.

Months later I rediscovered the bottling and, at the risk of regretting it, I wanted to sniff the scent again. So again 2 sprayers on the arm and the nose, this time more hesitantly, held on to it. And to my surprise it did not smell as much like an ashtray as I remembered. Instead it smelled much more spicy and leathery. Eventually the spicy settled and a warm leather smell remained. After about an hour I even liked the scent quite a bit.

In the end, for me this is not an Aventus alternative and I cannot explain where the associations come from. People who like male, leathery fragrances might be worth a try, but my bottling still goes into the "fragrance bunker"
Confidence booster
I was sent a sample of Cedrat Boise in succession of a souk by mail. When I receive such mail I take each sample and smell the spray head first in the hope of getting a first impression. When I smelled at the spray head of the Cedrat Boise sample, the first thing that came to my mind was, I must confess and I'm sorry, Aventus. Although I have never really tested Aventus before, always only on the fragrance strip and actually smelled the clones of Aventus rather than himself, this fragrance aroused a connection to Aventus and I understand why it is compared to that one at first sight. But now that I have actually tested Aventus extensively, I have to say that they are two completely different scents. They radiate the same vibe and serve the same purpose, but in my opinion they cannot be compared with each other, even though I unfortunately did so in the beginning.

Now for the fragrance itself: For me, it even starts off leathery in the top note, which made me a little suspicious at first, because I honestly expected something fresher, but I (fortunately) went for it. I sprayed the scent on at 4 pm and went shopping first, so that the scent could show what it can do in real everyday use. When I said goodbye to the family, my father, who actually doesn't think much of perfume, asked if I was wearing a new fragrance. I told him that I had received a few samples and he just answered with an "oh". So I wanted to hear directly his (most likely negative) opinion about the scent. I suspected evil, because he could already perceive the scent from a distance of three meters (despite only two sprayers). He only said "it's okay". You don't know my father, and I can tell you, this is the most positive thing he has said about any perfume in a long time. I, almost inspired by my father's "compliment", went shopping and felt just fine with the fragrance. That's all I can say; for me, a fragrance that boosts my self-confidence. It remained leathery throughout the whole process and after five or six hours I had the feeling that it became slightly vanilla. As I'm having "Corona holidays" at the moment, my sleeping rhythm isn't the best, so at two o'clock, ten hours after spraying it on, I could still perceive the wonderful leathery vanilla scent on me. The durability is really outstanding with Cedrat Boise. I think the sillage is also quite good, because my mother repeatedly told me how much I would smell.

All in all, I really have to say how much I like this fragrance and especially its durability surprised me positively. It is not a 10/10 fragrance for me now, but it is definitely close. If you don't like leather, in my opinion it's nothing for you. I know that the fragrance is nothing special and for a niche fragrance quite close to the "Mass Pleaser", but I also think the price is not too bad. An absolute recommendation from me, as the fragrance has been very appealing to me.
Aventus Police
Halt! May I see your papers for a moment? Well, look at that. Wait a minute. *calls the State Creed Directorate* Yeah, just as I thought. This has nothing to do with Aventus! -------------------------------------------
In the meantime I have been on the road with Parfumo since June 2017. One of the first perfume names you come across is of course Aventus. The noble and controversial rider from the house of Creed, who changes his shape depending on the batch, but unmistakably smells of fruit (like pineapple), smoke and a pinch of leather. As it probably happened to many people here, I didn't want to spend too much money on fragrances in the beginning. Bottlings were bought, sharings were attended, and samples were sniffed in Vienna's perfumeries. I started with the alleged clones of the rider, including CNDIM, Vibrant Leather and ripoffs not listed here.

In the end, I also ordered a bottling of Aventus. I have seen how the fragrance twins imitate the original to a large extent and have also seen where the big differences lie. CDNIM is smokier, Vebellé's is fruitier, all quite similar but never exactly like the original. I have given up trying to find the perfect copy and will only go back to the original in the future.

Nevertheless, the search for the perfect twin is a very exciting journey. One gets to know many fragrances, some of them even have their own character and therefore raison d'être, such as the Explorer from Montblanc. That's why I itched under my fingers when a nice perfumo here shared a sharing with Cedrat Boise. So I had to join in, just to see how it smells, because it is really often mentioned as an alternative.

Arrived, sprayed... what? The Aventus police must first clarify something - fruit, yes, smoke, yes. But not like Aventus. Not at all. The fruit then tends to go more in the direction of currants, as you can also smell in Pierre Guillaume's Aqaysos. There's smoke too, but not like Aventus. Weaker, at least weaker than CDNIM in any case. And there's leather too. And a whole, whole lot of it. The smell is very peculiar, not bad, but certainly not like Aventus. A fruity, leathery scent that certainly fits well into everyday life, because it is not too overwhelming in its performance.

But Aventus? Probably not.
Aventus?! Pardon?!
I wonder why the scent is often described as Aventus Clone? Where do all these Aventus associations come from? Was the success of Aventus really so great after just one year that it was decided to copy it so quickly? Or maybe it's enough to name a few of the fruits + something woody in the fragrance description and we're dealing with an Aventus clone? Who knows...

Aventus is VERY high on my favourite list because it is simply top fragrance. I generally like this scent and I always like to test scents that take the similar path. Seduced by digital descriptions, I made my way to a well-known perfumery and "tested" the Cedrait Boise.

When I asked about him, I immediately got the "Oooo, he's passing something like Aventus" speech. Well, I read that and that's why I'm here, so let's try it!

In the beginning it was already different than I had imagined, the only thing I could feel was the delicious currant, but short, a little too much for my taste and... that's all, after that it was just leather, leather and leather. Nothing else. Leather likes me, I don't like leather. I had to wash my wrist quickly and with the help of soap Cedrat Boise became a thing of the past.

But I have to write that it already holds really well and is strong, but is too far away from what I am looking for. It is certainly not an Aventus clone. If someone likes fruity and leather, be satisfied with it. If anyone is looking for Aventus Alternative, they won't find anything here for themselves.
Steee
Let's get something straight.
This was originally supposed to be a statement, but since it got a bit too long, it must be a comment. Then just a little more detailed.
First, I'd like to say a few words about the fragrance. It starts very nicely with a fruity-citric mixture and becomes more and more woody in the course of time, which I personally find very good. So you can wear it all year round without any problems. Shelf life and Sillage are as one knows it from Manceras, absolutely top. I sprayed the scent on my wrist again yesterday evening (now it's relatively early in the morning) and can still see the woody drydown very clearly.
In short: fragrance, durability, Sillage are definitely signature -worthy and can be worn all year round.
But now to the actual reason why I had to comment on this. In the meantime it is common in most perfume communities that every fragrance that combines something fresh or fruity with a woody accord is of course an Aventus imitation. In the worst case the scent even has a pineapple in the scent pyramid, then it gets at least one rating star less anyway, because that must be a dupe!
This thinking can and will be truthful in some cases, but sometimes, as with this one, it is just too narrow-mindedly thought or smelled.
Dior Homme Intense/Parfum were released some years before Prada L'Homme, known for the iris note, the Prada is now also a dupe? (I am aware that these smell of course clearly more differently than the Aventus "comparisons", this should only show that one can find parallels, if one looks for them absolutely)
The Cedrat Boise was released in 2011, the Aventus at the end of 2010. At that time it experienced much less hype than today and additionally it was smokier/darker than today and wouldn't be a comparison to the Cedrat Boise.
in this version Apart from all the "technical data", there are two completely different perfumes. As already described above, of course you will find similarities if you desperately search for it and I wouldn't attribute a golden nose to myself, but this huge difference is more than obvious in my eyes.
Sorry if this comment is a bit harsh, but such fragrances as Cedrat Boise are not appreciated enough. It is a well-done fragrance which is not subject to batch fluctuations. Don't get me wrong, I like the Aventus very much, but this one has very little to do with it.

Have a nice weekend, everybody.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 33 days ago
Just a mediocre offer.Undeservingly hyped parfum. If you tried Nio or Aventus, quality is really not there
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 36 days ago
It is a wonderful fruity long lasting men fragrance, the cedarwood is a bit harsh, but overall great value for money, real niche EdP
TeleraTelera 40 days ago
Pariente lejano de Aventus, rendimiento bastante bueno en piel. Facil de llevar y agradable a los demás.
TaberneroTabernero 167 days ago
a great fragrance that mixes wood smoke and fruit. definitely perfect for fall spring and summer nights. with a lot of character
AlchemystedAlchemysted 172 days ago
I’m loving this!! In my skin it has a nice citrus opening and dries into a smooth incense vibe.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 10 months ago
Really synthetic opening. Aventus like DNA....that drys to a woody creamy fruitiness....it's nice....but spoiled by the opening.
Treznoez007Treznoez007 15 months ago
Smeel sweet and fresh
Carlitos01Carlitos01 18 months ago
Great fresh scent with hints of Adnan B. Noir with a remarquable blackcurrant opening. Very good performance for a "freshie". Recomended!

by Kitho
by Oscarsh86
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Mancera

Lemon Line by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Velvet Vanilla by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Choco Violette by Mancera Wild Leather by Mancera