Cedrat Boise (2011)

Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Cedrat Boise is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Spices, Blackcurrant, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesWater jasmine, Fruits, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Moss, Sandalwood, Vanilla, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.01.2019

Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Never smelled Cedrat Boise before? So you can imagine the whole thing:
Why the hell haven't I ever written a statement at Parfumo before? I wish you could see how often I've written miles of notes about various scents for myself. Today I'll try to share something with you.

Are you reading lazy and hating long lyrics? All right, then the short version: Is that an Aventus clone? No. Nevertheless, there are clear but deeper parallels between the scents.

No clone? Ehh... what's that stuff then? It is a kind of Aventus substitute for people who actually find Aventus quite interesting, but in the end could not quite warm up with it. To put it badly: Aventus hype is awesome, smoke no thanks! Do you only like the opening of Aventus and have always wondered why the hell people want to smell like herbaceous trees? If your ears are pointy... well, you're actually reading this. If no and you (justifiably) regard the Drydown of Aventus as a unique masterpiece, then this won't be anything for you. Let Aventus be Aventus Aventus and get yourself a bottling or a mini load of Aventus in sharing. That'll make you happiest.

Now to the heart of the matter: How exactly does Cedrait Boise smell now? Do you know Dior Sauvage (rhetorical question)? Do you know Coach for men? Go to the local miller or Douglas tomorrow, spray each of them on a strip and smell them one behind the other in comparison. You'll immediately notice how much these scents resemble each other. But it is not the same scent or a copy. It's as if the people from Coach said "Man, Sauvage is great but I wish he wasn't so peppery, biting and provocative". Coach for men somehow picks up on Sauvage's style, but interprets it in a gentler and milder way. It's the same with Cedrait Boise and Aventus too.

Cedrait Boise takes up the idea behind Aventus, the theme of Aventus. That thing is translated as "woody lemon". Aventus combines a citrus-fresh note with a strong woody-smoky and masculine note in contrast. However, Aventus is never really 50 50 of everyone at the same time, because Aventus changes so much in the course of time. Aventus first presents its fresh pineapple side, without showing too much birch, and then moves on to the woody, masculine course. Cedrait Boise has no pineapple to offer. Instead, here a lemon-like note mixes with a cedar wood note. Particularly: In the course of the fragrance these always appear as a pair of two. The lemon clearly dominates at the beginning and steadily decreases slightly, but remains clearly present until the end. The wood is already present from the beginning but is the backbone of the fragrance. In the course of time it becomes slightly softer, while minimally sweetcreamy notes are added. The cedar wood already smells harsh and masculine but it is not even in the beginning like the birch in Aventus. Therefore Cedrait Boise is not a really smoky scent. In the process, I can smell some kind of dark, tart fruitiness. I imagine that would be the black currants. But I'm not a perfume engineer with a secret laboratory in the Nevada desert, so I can't tell you things like "Aha, after exactly 63.42 minutes I'll add 0.05531% vanilla fragrance". I think however my lines should be enough as commercial description.

All in all I find it hard to say that this is an Aventus without smoke. That just doesn't do it justice. Instead I claim, as mentioned above, that it is a kind of alternative for people for whom Aventus is simply too much. All in all Cedrait Boise is really great and has perfect justification. It is a more digestible, more fruity reinterpretation of the Aventus theme without appearing like an Armaf or anything like a cheap copy. But you should like lemon! For performance I can clearly sign the values given by Parfumo. This stuff is banging like it came from a man's torso of Jean Paul Gaultier ... hat off to Mancera! Also the price is a real argument, you simply get a lot offered. I don't know much about flacons, but I find them quite chic and independent (especially the cap you turn instead of pulling). He really convinced me and a 10ml bottling he is worth in any case for interested.
Aventus is great, but I won't be looking for clones or Aventus Sharings for a long time. Now blink, your eyes are surely completely dried out!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Cedrat Boisse
Finally I have gotten around to reviewing one of Mancera's most well known and popular releases, the fruity, musky, woody 2011 release, Cedrat Boise. Enjoy.

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 4.5/10
The worst among the Aventussis
Well the one with the chick at the end I only wrote because I don't know any plural for aventus :D

No matter but the rest of the headline fits then already quite well. It really is the worst offshoot, clone, copy what ever of the Creed bestseller. Fruity it comes along, the resemblance to the big model recognizable from second one. For me it is far too fruity, too penetrating and without clear structures. Those who expect something woody due to the use will be bitterly disappointed here.

Before I wear Cedrat Boise, I think I'd rather leave the house without perfume, although for me it's a no go.

If any fans of the fragrance read the comment, they can now write me below how broken my nose is and that I have no plan. However, this will not change my opinion.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Aventus' Fruity Cousin
Scentrack:
Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde

An absolutely stunning release from the Mancera house. Garnered through the roof with compliments. Only sky is a limit. A real hidden jewel.
Although named cedrat, the citruses are not the main players. Pale citruses, spice and realistic Godzilla-sized black current on the black leather glove. It sounds unbearable, but in fact it is fruity-leathery perfection. Oriental jasmine gives flowery kick. The base is made of full blooded cedar with sandalwood and vanilla.
A gorgeous unisex fragrance. One of the most beautiful gifts from Orient I have ever encountered. The smell of dolce vita in the old Lebanon. Addictive as its scentrack is.

Rating: 8/10

More on Scentimentalwords
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Not a typical summer fragrance
Tho this is one of my fav summer fragrances, not like those aquatic salty boring repetitive perfumes, it's smoky fruity one and i'm in love with it, it performs like a beast indeed, it projects very well, silage is enormous too, this is a hit from Mancera, also it's a very high quality Creed Aventus clone, but try before you buy, it's not a safe blind buy at all

Scent: 8.5/10
Longevity: 10/10
Silage: 10/10
Cedrat Boise smells like quality, but...
Cedrat Boise smells like quality, but there’s something in there I find unpleasant. I like the notes listed, most of them: bergamot, lemon, I love black currant, and I don’t have a problem with jasmine, patchouli, sandalwood, cedar, leather, moss, musk (unless overdone), or vanilla (unless overdone), so I don’t know what is so harsh and offensive to my nose except it must be one (or more) of the spices in the “spicy notes” accord. As I said, it smells like quality, but will never be a personal favorite. Aoud Black Candy also smelled like quality, but not a favorite because of that amber, which I can only tolerate in small doses. Definitely a “try before you buy” fragrance.

• by JoHannes by JoHannes
  • by Kitho by Kitho
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2
  • by Sarungal by Sarungal
  • by Sarungal by Sarungal
  • by Schili by Schili
  • by Vawallpa by Vawallpa

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Kumkat Wood by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Wild Cherry by Mancera Indian Dream by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Wild Leather by Mancera