Choco Violette 2016

Choco Violette by Mancera
Choco Violette is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is gourmand-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Hazelnut
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Dark chocolate
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, White musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.07.2020.

Condorpilot1
Chocolate & Violets? Sure!
Actually, it's not so "klaro" when you think about whether the combination of chocolate and violet in a perfume works together. Chocolate, after all, suggests that Mancera Choco Violette would be a gourmand perfume, with the powdery and floral accords of violet.

Thanks to the sample kits from Mancera, I now have rows and rows of fragrances from the French house to try them out. Choco Violette was a mystery to me before I bought it but this combination made me curious. Without looking at the pyramid of scents, after spraying it immediately becomes clear that this is not just about chocolate. The hazelnut is very dominant and immediately gives the impression of a bar of milk chocolate with hazelnuts, which I actually like best! For me it is really milk chocolate in the beginning and not dark chocolate. Chocolate and hazelnut are present for quite a long time, in between there is not much room for other fragrances. I can also perceive nougat for a while. To be honest, I don't smell bergamot and orange in the top note, or only with a little imagination.

With this gourmand bomb from the beginning, you wonder for a while where the violet is. In fact, after a good 30 minutes, it waves tentatively at first and then becomes stronger and stronger. The milk chocolate gradually turns into dark chocolate and powdery/soapy nuances suggest violets. Somehow Mancera has even managed to make chocolate and violets harmonize well with each other, perhaps because the violet is not particularly aggressive. I compare this to crème de violette (violet liqueur), which can occasionally (though rarely) be mixed in cocktails. Usually 2 teaspoons of it are enough to make the soapy liqueur harmonize, another teaspoon and it is already too much. So the whole thing is a narrow straight line hike. Mancera has also done this balancing act here and managed it excellently. Not too much and not too little.

In the further drydown the violet fades and the hazelnut resumes its journey. Vanilla and cocoa form a delicate, pleasant base that lasts fantastically long with more than 15 hours. The sillage is very pronounced the first 4-5 hours. Definitely no need to spray twice here, because I can say from my test with a single careful spray from the 2ml tester that the scent has power.

All in all, I liked Choco Violette so much that I put it right on my wish list. So maybe one day he'll be in my collection. I would be happy to advise you to try it out!
Nutcracker chocolate?
Greetings, my dear smelling butts! Have you been waiting anxiously for new food... um, for a new comment from me? Whereby the term "food" is also quite appropriate here, as the scent immediately smells very authentically of chocolate after spraying on, but more about that later in the description of the scent.

Now comes my test report on "Choco Violette" by Mancera, where you can expect a chocolate scent just because of the name. Chocolate! Hmmm... Every woman's dream. But also we guys like to eat chocolate. Only I can't enjoy much of this sweet dream at the moment, as I'm still being treated on my teeth, but one day... when I'm feeling better bite by bite, I'm going to nibble on all the perfumes!
...I meant, of course, I'll be eating chocolate again with pleasure. I'd prefer to nibble on perfumes a little bit... but you idiots won't let me do that *sigh*

All right then, enough of your yammering and whining :D
On to the fragrance!

From the heart note on, however, the fragrance becomes more perfumed. It still smells like chocolate, but now you can also smell powdery vanilla, a little orange (which doesn't smell as good as usual here, I even find it takes some getting used to...) and musk, which seems to be replacing the sweetness of the chocolate notes bit by bit.
However, the hazelnut chocolate note seems to return to the base, which is nice if you like chocolaty scents. Of course the vanilla is now stronger, so the fragrance also appears more powdery and softer, but the scent is always delicious.
By the way, you can already imagine that especially in the later base, after many many hours, the fragrance smells most like vanilla, maybe with a little bit of floral sweetness.

The silage and the durability:*
The sillage is good because you are enveloped in a larger cloud of scent, which others can also smell quite well. The durability is, as expected with such a fragrance, extremely good with over 15 hours shelf life or so, in any case a long long time!

...yeah yeah, a few... My carry-on was just full of candy. I had to take almost 5 kilos of chocolate with me, the remaining 3 kilos went for gingerbread and coffee... the customs officer already knew with a smile that I had sweets with me, because apparently all Turks do this... :DD

Anyway, this scent is also successful here and smells very tasty, even if it should weaken a little in the heart note. There are better chocolate scents, but this one is also worth a test, especially if you don't want the scent to smell 100% like chocolate. The question is, of course, when and why one could wear such a scent, as chocolate is a rather unusual scent. Maybe it is suitable for going out? Or maybe it's just for your own leisure time, if you don't want to eat a lot of chocolate and enjoy it more olfactorically (which I wouldn't recommend, because it really makes you hungry...!)

Anyway, the smell is quite nice and therefore worth a test. And with that I've come to the end of my comment and I'll end my comment with wishing you all a nice evening :)

So long and remember: stay at home as much as possible! If nobody organizes any absolutely stupid Corona parties or behaves otherwise totally stupid, then we all together will get through this crisis even faster and hopefully we can go outside again sometime to sniff to our heart's content when it's all finally over :)

SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 2 years ago
This is possibly the most gourmand-y smelling fragrance ever. Altho I wouldn’t wear it, I recognize and respect the artistry of it. Kudos!

by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by SmellGoodGuy
by SmellGoodGuy

Popular Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Sicily by Mancera So Blue by Mancera Velvet Vanilla by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera