Instant Crush 2019

Instant Crush by Mancera
Instant Crush is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus fruitsCitrus fruits SaffronSaffron GingerGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan roseMoroccan rose Egyptian jasmineEgyptian jasmine AmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood OakmossOakmoss VanillaVanilla White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Jazzbob, last update on 25.05.2022.

Diffusive elegant elixir
Its not just a clone of BR540, its so much more. Whereas BR540 is just liquid cotton candy with medicinal hospital vibes, this is sugary sweet without getting too sticky. It has a fresh citrusy and floral counterpart which balances it out so well. Whereas it has a good dose of complexity it in a way also has a molecule like character as well. It somehow connects with your body creating such a diffusive and pleasant aura. Interestingly enough it merges depending on being sprayed on a man or woman. This is really a scent to explore and experiment with in different seasons and weather conditions.
More than I ever expected from it - what a pleasant surprise!

Clone or better?
As you might know people compare this to br540. Is it close? Yes it's it a clone? No. They do have similarities with the saffron notes but where this one shines and the latter don't, is the sweet stages this one take. Combined with vanilla and fruit sweetness, this is more complex and more wearable. This thing will project miles away and leave you surrounded with a gorgeous bubble that people will enjoy smelling. Just a caution ️ don't over spray, if you do it will take away from the lovely and gorgeous juice...

Liquid cotton candy
Since I stumbled across various videos that this is an insider tip for winter days, I tried my luck.

The first time I sprayed on, I virtually mutated into a 1.80m tall cotton candy.

I thought directly that IC and I will not be friends, but when the first 10-20 minutes were over, came to the liquid cotton candy a slight woody depth, which has persuaded me to keep the fragrance in my collection after all.

I see the fragrance at the Christmas market or other occasions where it is cold outside. In the office or closed rooms I would at least run the risk of getting a headache in the long run.

Nevertheless, this is a solid winter fragrance that I do not regret having bought.
Oh yeah...
I have received this fragrance sample yesterday and today times my nose very carefully held to the small flacon - and there it has already caught me :-)) So nix like sprayed :-))
As an absolute lover of the Baccara Rouge 540 I have immediately fallen in love with this fragrance. But there is still something in the background (and yet somehow prominent), which I can not identify ... Oakmoss, Jasmine ... and a bit of musk? I don't know. But does not seem disturbing to me but makes the fragrance much more interesting.
How long this fragrance is durable still shows :-) And I am also curious how long I myself will perceive the fragrance. With BR540 it is drum so that I have him after the 5th time use already after a short time no longer perceived itself and although I use in between always times other perfumes. I find that really very sad.
My conclusion for all BR 540 fans: Absolutely test! :-)
The ravages of time
I am one of many who perceives BR540 rather discreetly. So one and one came together that I looked around for a good alternative. As a lover of the "Roses Vanilla (Eau de Parfum) | Mancera" I wanted to try Instant Crush first.

You can classify IC as a standalone fragrance, yet it has strong similarities to BR540. An indication of this is also the release year 2019. Whether Mancera had intended a copy I do not know, but it speaks of the following:

1. Mancera has recognized which weaknesses BR540 has fragrance
2. Mancera has also recognized the price segment of BR540 and has a much better price-performance ratio an

IC is already alone in the fragrance pyramid significantly more complex and can at least theoretically compete with Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum. The complexity is clearly perceptible and he also acts in sum clearly "more saturated" than BR540.

Fragrance appearance: I find the IC not quite as modern as the BR540. BR has a clear "freshness" which is present throughout, IC goes in a dominantly sweet direction, the freshness is only briefly present in the opening. So if BR is already too sweet, you won't be happier with IC. But IC goes through a development and becomes more and more similar to BR in the DD. IC has a huge shelf life and until you arrive in the DD, pass easily 3 hours or more... and the DD holds and holds. Basically though, both are very linear in their development.

The eierlegende Wollmilchsau I have unfortunately not found. The shortcomings of BR (so the sillage with me) and the price, IC can actually compensate well, also the durability is unbeatable, but the modernity and this special freshness (iodine, mint, metal) is missing in my nose with IC. Therefore, I can IC also not classify as "woodier", that is for me rather BR.

As always, it is said, try before you buy. IC is a good fragrance and quite an alternative to BR - especially for blind noses like me, who can not do well with Molecule fragrances.
Metallic and stabbing..
I was so curious about this scent, because of the alleged similarity to MFK Baccarat Rouge. My signature scent in winter is MFK, Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait for 3 years now. I just can't miss it, that's why I was so curious about Instant Crush from Mancera...I'm normally not a Fan Montal or Mancera fragrance, because the scents often seem too synthetic and almost plastic to me but I thought it was worth a try, so I ordered a sample...

I know that many people love this fragrance and you can "stone" me now, but dear people, I have rarely smelled anything so scary. Shock.....After spraying it on, my first thought was, just wash it off immediately. Whew... A creepy metallic very synthetic saffron note, literally stuck to my hand and immediately flowed into the last ends of my brain... A "direct in the face" kind of smell that almost hurts my nose... Ouch...

To me, Instant Crush is a pungent biting hot saffron scent that has absolutely nothing to do with Baccarat Rouge 540, except that both contain saffron. Instant Crush reminds me a lot of these kinds of men EDT or just some after shaves that are so hot that I get a headache very quickly and immediately flee in another direction when I smell this smell somewhere... The scent has nothing soft, cosy, feminine or sweet in itself, but is just sharp, angular and for me personally absolutely masculine... ( My man should not wear it though)...I wear many unisex scents for example many of MFK but with Instant Crush I only smell man with an overdose of EDT, which I find absolutely scary...

The scent is a smooth 0 for me, not only because I find the scent scary but also because it doesn't develop at all on my skin. For hours I only smelled pungent saffron without a story and absolutely without development
SHELF LIFE BEAST :)
Everything began with the registration on Parfumo, since I was in the past already an inspired Schnüffler which Weichspüler, candles and other products concerned thought I register I times, which happened then can probably everyone itself think I ordered a sample after the next, and am glad this portal for me to have found. But now to the fragrance, the order with 10ml content was actually intended for me, the first spray shot went into my head, horny and sweet composition:) after half an hour I had to find out that this is not me yet and sniffed unconditionally on the right hand where I had applied the Dior Ambre Nuit I liked super great. After an eternity when I was still raving about the newly acquired Dior Ambre Nuit, my wife came and was slain by this sweet and pleasant fragrance. She fell on the floor and was briefly unresponsive, I shook her and asked: "Hello is everything ok with you? What do you have? She looked up at me and said: "This scent killed me, what on earth is it? Whatever it is I must have it! I showed her this 10ml atomizer and she still wore a dazed spray on her right wrist. She just wouldn't stop smelling it and was so excited that I finally said: "Please take it, it looks great on you. Now to the fragrance: ToLL me but unfortunately too sweet, I just could not make friends with him, so something for my wife. DURABILITY is the insanity, she sprayed a spray on her right wrist and this was after the shower the next day still perceive the next day. the oil part is very high which makes the good durability, and on a high-quality perfume suggests where price performance is simply very very good. Is my first comment on this platform, so forgive me if what is not so correct, I have written down what came through my head. 31.10.20. 5:52 :)
Instant Crush = Instant Rush
Through a lovely perfume I got a sample of Instant Crush.
30 minutes after the first spray, the finger wiggled impatiently over the order button.

Instant Crush is NOT a dupe to Baccarat Rouge 540! First and foremost...
The DNA is similar, yeah... but they're clearly two different scents.
I had actually fallen very much in love with the Extrait de Parfum of BR540, but in the end I decided to go for the Mancera and I am quite happy with it - not least because of the price difference.

Instant Crush starts out spicy and sweet with its candied saffron vibe and becomes minimally hot and spicy with the ginger, which then quickly gives way to the sweet saffron and jasmine.
From then on, the fragrance only runs into a creamier and slightly less sugary version. The drydown of the fragrance is absolutely divine! Creamy, woody, vanilla and still strongly projecting.
For me, by the way, not metallic at any moment, although admittedly (very) synthetic now and then.
Durability and Sillage as usual with the Mancers above average up to (too) extreme.
Huge veil of scent and insane radiance; definitely potential to fill the room. Durability of clothing felt infinite... on the skin minimum one day.

Some write here that the fragrance is much more unisex than BR540. I personally cannot sign this. I don't think much of categorizing fragrances, but IMHO is definitely more feminine in its approach to Instant Crush.

Yatagan's statement is actually what I would like to sign, even though he apparently didn't like the scent that much. But he is right somewhere, because Instant Crush is extremely, partly very loud, easy to overdose and in tiny moments and/or at the "wrong person" maybe even a bit trashy... but in my opinion if carefully dosed it is a real compliment magnet and (still?) extraordinary enough to stand out from the crowd.

TL;DR: Here is the name - at least for me and my circle of friends - program
Love at first sniff
Instant Crush is an oriental borderline gourmand fragrance. It is reminiscent of Sensual Instinct by Montale and Baccarat Rouge 540, but it is not a dupe. It has the same DNA, but with its own identity.

It opens a bit sweet and spicy through the saffron, which plays the leading role. I also perceive the ginger note, which makes it a bit spicy. The flowers are in the background, the woody chords become more dominant. In the Dry Down, the sandalwood, vanilla and saffron are most noticeable on my skin. The whole thing seems sweet, but not too sweet, woody, creamy and a bit spicy.

Compared with its close relative Baccarat Rouge 540, it is denser and less sweet, completely unisex. Sillage is immense, the environment perceives the fragrance, which is generally very well received. Just an instant crush. I would not recommend this fragrance to those who do not want to be noticed. The scent lasts extremely long. Suitable for autumn and winter, special situations and for those who are going out
Similar to Baccarat Rouge 540, it's about love or hate. Although I prefer Baccarat Rouge 540, I really like instant crush.

SirQtavonSirQtavon 25 days ago
One of few perfumes in this Universe that stay on the fabric for eternity and you can't wash it off. Be careful to not spray on clothes.
VinScentVinScent 4 months ago
Very nice scent, although synthetic and leaning feminine. Performance is huge. I'd still take a good BR540 clone (e.g. Dua) over this one.
MickoMicko 4 months ago
Very pretty performance. Every day someone asks me about him. Woman love him. Perfume for every day
GreMuserGreMuser 5 months ago
BR540 on steroids. Similar but very very loud and has something really synthetic that actually makes it the bad copy of BR540.
Aquarius1Aquarius1 7 months ago
The only perfume that makes me sneeze after spraying and burn my nostrils, performance is nuclear for me personally. It's very powerful.
DavidchDavidch 8 months ago
The scents are perfect! The performance and sillage are beasts. However, it burns my skin after spraying it. It is very oily and visible. My
JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Another great Mancera opening that after dry down just lost the sweetness, still a good smell but after 12 hours I couldn’t take it anymore.
AngeloManiAngeloMani 11 months ago
I may got a faulty bottle from Mancera, but this is the driest thing I have ever smelt. It also burns my skin. :-/
MariaSMariaS 12 months ago
Comparing to BR540 this is less sweet and more woody and at the beginning more synthetic. Performance is good,not beast and more unisex.
RadicalistRadicalist 1 year ago
This is really good. Similar to BR50.
Scent: 9/10
Longevity: 7/10 (on skin: 6-7hours)
Projection: 7/10

by Irini
by Irini
by Akira85
by Akira85
As soon as you smell it it’s an instant crush! It is similar to baccarat rouge but not so sweet. It has a good quality and performance for its price!
by MariaS
by AlicanGndz
by AlicanGndz
by Denver87
by Denver87
by Nadinerlf
by Nadinerlf

Popular by Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Aoud Exclusif by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Intense Cedrat Boise by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Aoud Orchid by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Hindu Kush by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera