Lemon Line (2014)

Lemon Line by Mancera

Lemon Line is a popular perfume by Mancera for men and was released in 2014. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Orange, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite blossoms, Amber, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk, Oakmoss

Submitted by medicine, last update on 26.03.2020.

8.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Fresh to work or refreshing on holiday, everything is possible!
Hello you fragrant bags :D
I shouldn't write "scented bag" because it doesn't seem to exist. A sack with a scent in it? Is there such a thing? And why do I have to think about whoopee cushions (which are odourless by the way...!!!)? Questions about questions that I prefer not to consider further :D

In any case, today we are talking about the mancera fragrance "Lemon Line", which has already caught my attention by the very term "Lemon". As it is, there is (unfortunately) no way to prevent summer from returning at some point (yuck,... oh don't look like that, you know my current aversion to summer :D). And summer for me means that all the beautiful, heavy and delicious fragrances have to move to the back corners of my closet, while the light, loose and above all fresh (or refreshing) ones come back to the fore. But of course this is also great, because I like citric scents.

And I love scents with lemons and similar, citric notes in summer, at least when the scent is well done. There may be fresh scents like sands of the sea, but most of them either decay in the 0815 range or worse, are disfigured by too many synthetic additives. Anyway, it is always a pleasure for me to discover new fresh scents, even though I am sure that hardly any other scent will flash me as fast as Heeley's "Note de Yuzu" by Heeley, which I discovered not so long ago. But, as we all know, one should never say never, right? Well then, I'll test the lemon line and see what it's like!

A little later it still smells fresh and also tart due to lavender, but the fragrance also increasingly gets a slightly stronger radiating, warmer note with sweet accents, which could be the amber that slowly gains in intensity.
In the base, the fragrance is still warm, but even then it hasn't really lost its freshness, as it still smells nicely of lemons (although a bit weaker). The amber is also increasingly replaced by the musk, but in general the scent is not so sweet. All in all a warm and fresh scent, which also partly smells like holiday (but more about that later!).

The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage is mediocre, as most fresh smells are. Maybe it is a little stronger at the beginning, but then it will settle down in the middle or even a little weaker area, so that you can best perceive it only from close up. As expected, the shelf life is not as long, since the fragrance is hardly noticeable after less than five to six hours. Nevertheless, it holds slightly better than most citrus scents.

What I also liked very much was the later course of the fragrance with its warm and soft side, which olfactorically reminded me of Mediterranean places in the world, whether Italy, Greece, Turkey and all these areas, where you can have a great holiday by the sea, for example, and besides either explore the beautiful cities (especially smaller alleys with an old town atmosphere) or go on a walk away from the cities and explore nature, with the sun shining on the fields and you absorb the typical scent of nature warmed by the sun. All in all, the fragrance thus gives a nice holiday feeling, although it could also be used as an everyday day scent, for example, to wear it every day at work.

For me, the fragrance couldn't top the mentioned Yuzu by Heeley, but it still belongs to the well-done summer scents, which are definitely worth a look, especially if you don't have a fragrance with barbarshop-like elements in your collection yet.

Well then, that's it again, I wish you all a great evening, see you next time :)
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Basti87
Like a citric refreshing towel
Another comment from me on a mancera. I have already tested many of this brand extensively. I have ordered many small bottlings and some will be added in the coming months. This brand simply pleases me and often meets my taste. This Lemon Line seems to get off especially well here which doesn't surprise me. Citric fragrances with a light oldschool touch are very popular here. This fragrance was released in 2014, but has the classic lemon note that many vintage fragrances have. Citrus fragrances, however, are timeless and will always remain timeless. Too lemony is rather less my taste, but I still own some of this variety. Such fragrances simply always fit in mild to hot temperatures and should not be missing in any good perfume collection. Especially for everyday use.

I was rather disappointed at the first test. I wasn't enthusiastic about the 2-3 test, but this fragrance is pleasant to wear and a nice companion for everyday life. This fragrance is especially recommended for people who like classic fragrances. Citric fragrances with autehnic lemon in the foreground a la Acqua di Parma, Eau Sauvage and similar.
At the start, of course, the concentrated load of lemon comes towards you. Very strong and good Sillage, reminds me easily of a citric refreshing cloth. Very classic, rather atypical for the style of Mancera. But this brand simply has a wide assortment and serves many tastes. A little bit this scent reminds me of a juicy fresh lemon candy, as you can get it from Nimm2 for example. It's just a classic lemon lavender blend. After some time, the fragrance becomes softer but retains its basic DNA. Extremely comfortable to wear without really touching. With light musk the fragrance finishes after a few hours. All in all a pleasant creation for everyday life. The big wow effect doesn't come through with me, because I find this type of scent rather unexciting. But he will find many friends especially here on this platform. If you are looking for the big compliments of the masses, you should choose another one. If you are looking for a fragrance that feels good in your everyday life, you might find it here.
The performance is also very good. Especially for lemon. In this area I found a lot of grottige performance. Very good here. Lasts many hours with pleasant Sillage.

Conclusion: For lemon fans and fans of the citric vintage fragrances this is quite interesting. It is not old-fashioned but classic and timeless
9.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Jazzbob
Mancera can also be used classic
In addition to the Aoud theme, Mancera serves a whole range of more modern genres - the brand's portfolio unfortunately also includes many nasty gourmands, synthetic and unbalanced fragrances. But they can also be different, as Cedrat Boise and recently Aoud Lemon Mint (comment follows) have shown me. With Lemon Line Mancera has created a citrus fragrance with a classic touch, which, however, does not look old-fashioned and from the time fallen.

Of course, the refreshing lemon is dominant from the very beginning, while the orange is only subtly noticeable. In contrast to typical Colognes, however, these are rather sweet-fruity and thus softer than in fragrances, such as Eau d'Hadrien, which are much more aggressive. Due to the lavender, Lemon Line has a slightly powdery facet, which in combination with the oak moss in the base evokes just that classic effect. Nevertheless, the freshness is not destroyed by this, because the rose geranium with its cool characteristics also blends discreetly into this overall picture. The Hesperides last surprisingly long on my skin and are still accompanied by the powderiness, because lavender and the clean musk note merge seamlessly into each other. This is why Lemon Line also has this property, which is most likely to be described as 'fluffy'. The oak moss gives the base a dry-woody and somewhat more masculine note, which however does not appear too heavy.

I don't find the well-dosed sweetness to be creamy, as in Allure Homme Édition Blanche, for example - the two fragrances also differ significantly because the Chanel is warmer and spicier for me. Also I can't understand any association with bath cleaners etc. - Manceras Wave Musk or L'Eau Intense by Carven (also contains citrus notes and lavender), to name a few counterexamples, go very well in this direction.

Lemon Line is a rather linear, by no means complex fragrance, but these qualities make it ideal for use from spring to the warmer days of autumn. In my opinion, it also looks very natural, bright and friendly, which makes it very versatile. If you're looking for a big performance, you're in the wrong place, if you like it uncomplicated, you should test Lemon Line.

KleinElsa
Not for the others, but for themselves
Collect points Rate bottles?
Is like with Friedrichshainer Hipster Bärten
Not everyone has to die the same for art,
Let them pull the big herds.

What's that got to do with this scent?
Nothing; but also resting in oneself.
Let the lime be lemon times,
don't run after the herd, you won't miss anything.

Oh what smells this scent nature-linked,
Built on mossy-green base,
very fine framed by damp wood
Large city concrete static, forest life dynamic.

Everyone knows that, canned musk,
i'm interested in the pants, the inside beautiful for the warm season
off to the Dekoletté, with tank top and short trousers.
A beautiful scent, which, typical for citric scents, decomposes quite quickly.
The naturalness of the lime sticks however immediately into the nose and thus also for fans of this smell times a test worth.
8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Floh
Which is why we became nothing.
I wanted that scent so badly! The reason why it didn't work out with us is that this perfume just didn't want to move in with me. At the first try I actually ordered the Mancera Black Line by mistake (yes, you shouldn't just look at the picture when ordering...). So ordered again - this time correctly. The bottle also arrived intact, but only remained intact for about five minutes, after which it was "flooded" out of my hand and smashed to pieces on the stone floor. That's it with us!

But now I had several days to sniff out the scent in the whole apartment. By the way, I got the impulse for this comment from a perfuma, who said that I could test Lemon Line almost extensively now. I'll say. Of course I had already tested the perfume on the skin several times before I bought it. That's why I wanted to own it so much.

Now to the fragrance: It starts with a very strong and intense lemon. Just lemon and nothing else. Later it becomes slightly creamy. This is the phase I like best. After a short time it becomes slightly bitter/spicy and sweet. I also feel the scent as a little powdery - powdery sweetness quasi. I can't even smell the white flowers. Lavender is listed, but in my opinion it is only "beige vegetables". The musk is rather shy with me. Ultimately it remains a sweet effervescent lemon scent with some cabbage. This sugary effervescent lemon can actually become a little annoying in the long run. And here we are on the shelf life: This is enormous for a citrus scent, on the skin it loosely lasts eight hours. Also the Sillage is not to be despised and in contrast to many other perfumes in this category extremely good.

Although I wanted the fragrance so much, I had to realize that it wasn't right for me. I'm a rather small person and a woman at that. But this perfume would probably rather be with a "real guy". In my opinion, it is a men's fragrance, which of course can also be worn by courageous women. Just don't think of me.
9.0 6.0 7.0 6.0/10

Fresh21
Errors in the (lemon) matrix?!
Let's get right to the point: The lemon of this perfume is actually so good that it hardly needs to shy away from comparison with the living object: very natural, fresh and juicy, clear and present, as if it had just been picked and thus better than any citric scent that I have ever found.

And yet something doesn't really suit me about this mancera, although it also has a wonderfully linear scent and, like many other citric scents, has no dull accompanying aquatics. So what bothers me about this Lemon Line, whose name is like no other program?

It's this clumsy-sweet touch that enriches the fragrance and pulls it down incessantly - like a mistake in the matrix! Everything is beautifully coordinated and of high quality, but the misplaced orange makes it quite penetrating and intrusive for my senses. Or is that the rose geranium? But it can't produce the biscuit character of the fragrance, nor can the "white flowers". So I'm guessing the orange.

For comparison: Chanel's Allure Homme Édition Blanche also has a strong lemon (cake) note, but in his case it is clearly recognizable as a synthetic extra and also makes the fragrance attractive through its additional creaminess. In this respect, the Chanel flirts with its attached attributes. On the Lemon Line, on the other hand, the orange additive is more of a disturbance factor, I think. Probably one has tried to counteract the authentic, somewhat too sour lemon with something milder. But instead of a fine (or even unusual) counterweight, it became too superficial and striking. However, I have to admit that without the orange it would have taken something else to make the fragrance interesting. Otherwise you would almost only notice lemon, and maybe you would be impressed by it, but surrounded by it for hours would be a bit boring ...

But that's how Lemon Line gets off the track, as the citrus freshness is increasingly counteracted by something "gourmand" in the course of the fragrance, as it is called in one of the pre-commisars. Yes, to say it with more quotations, this fragrance has something of the "confectionery", smells like "sorbet or sweets", and four times it says "take 2". So I couldn't bear this mancera for long and sold it again after 1-2 months, although I can understand that many people like it - maybe even because of this sweet impact ;-)

Conclusion: A juicy lemon sweet/sour, blessed with good H & S, whereby unfortunately the sweetness dominates the acidity and its obtrusiveness does not quite match the naturalness of the fragrance. Because his Nimm-2 addition unfortunately undermines the high quality of the otherwise very authentic fruit, and works for me like a

Error in the (lemons)matrix !

7.5 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Miaw2
It's all about... LEMONS!
The name is true: Mancera Lemon Line is basically all about lemons.

The opening notes are very very natural lemons with a little sweetness. The fragrance remains like this for a good amount of time.

Also there's a floral note that joins the composition in about 1 hour. The drydown has some musk and amber.

The whole composition is very well balanced - i would say Lemon Line smells like Allure Sport Cologne mixed with Allure Edition Blanche: it takes the best parts of each fragrances.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are very good to a citrus-based fragrance. Lasts about 8/10 hours in my skin.

Probably Lemon Line will become my #1 for summertime.

Inam 142 days ago
Just go for it... This is lemon world with lot of freshness like new garden just got new flowers and fruits...

by Babylon
by Babylon
by RR1
by RR1
by Miaw2
by Miaw2

Popular Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera So Blue by Mancera Wild Leather by Mancera Black Line by Mancera