Red Tobacco 2017

Red Tobacco by Mancera
Red Tobacco is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Nutmeg, White peach, Green apple, Nepalese oud
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Amber, Gaiac wood, Woody notes, Vetiver, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.04.2021.

Giles
One of the best by Mancera
If you like Mancera as a brand and you are looking for the best this is it. Along with Hindu Kush this a absolutely amazing. Great performance and smells rich and classy. A manly fragrance which will have others enjoying you being near them. It’s one that has you sniffing yourself all the time and makes you feel sexy. 10/10 for value for money too.
One bottle and 2 fragrances
This fragrance I have due to reviews and videos on Youtube ersoukt and I must say, the fragrance is madness.

To start there is tobacco, oud and nutmeg but so what on the twelve that you think Bud Spencer (God rest his soul) personally has centered you one. This is definitely not for everyone. I found it still acceptable. When I had freshly applied the scent, my wife came into the room and she looked as if I had held a can of fish surströmming under her nose.... She described the scent as being like a mountain pine sauna infusion. But I could calm her down with the fact that the scent is still changing.

And then what happens is just incredible.
Over time, about 20-40 minutes, a metamorphosis occurs in the truest sense of the word.
The atomic tobacco upbeat transforms in my eyes piece by piece to a sweet fruity fragrance with vanilla shares that is definitely still unisex. As the fragrance starts, you have no idea how it ends and as the fragrance ends, you do not think that he starts so..crazy!.
Just 2 different scents in one bottle. I have rarely experienced such a transformation in a fragrance.

The sillage is just insane.... But remember, at the beginning is tobacco alarm announced. Durability is also super, mintestens times 8-10 hours on the skin and on clothes the scent is still perceptible days after. I had applied it to a cotton cartigan, this hangs in the hallway and whenever I walk past it, I take the scent every time and grin to myself one.... I think you know what I mean :-)

Simply chapeau Mancera-Red Tobacco ?
D7777
Way too sweet, tabbak where ?
The fragrance has nothing to do with a tabbak fragrance in my opinion. Much too sweet and synthetic smells really not good. One smells a strong cinnamon smell out and only a hint of tabbak. Durability and sillage are very good though. Absolutely nothing for me

Cousin of Carlisle
I do not know if nu for my nose but it is 1 to 1 with Carlisle which costs 280€ ... I wonder what magic has Mancera made here but is so so good and lasts for eternity.

I first tested Red Tobacco, then Carlisle and then Soul from Costume National. They are the same with very small differences, at least for me.

Red Tobacco is a bit sweet with Tobacco note and then the woody notes come in. Carlisle has a worse beginning but then the are almost same on my skin, Soul is a little creamier and has a better beginning of all 3.

Red Tobacco to me is not a Carlisle clone or "Inspired by" ... otherwise is a cousin of PdM with similar notes but its own personality.
This fragrance..
Is a fierce compliments catch.... Both from women and from men is praised rather in high tone... 5 colleagues are now already so excited about it that they want to buy this one too! I like that, THOUGH I would like to see this one come to the forefront of fragrance lovers viiiiuch more..

First 15 min pay attention : sweet, but in red fruits laid tobacco.... The tobacco note is at the beginning seeeehr "heavy"

What I like more : the drydown!
After 15 min the fragrance becomes sweeter and sweeter... I think he has iwas of cherry..
Nutmeg, oud and white vanilla are very present.... These in turn make the fragrance singer creamier and rounder...

Looking for a favorite in the direction of Jean Paul 2, I find Red Tobacco definitely goes in that direction!

Durability and sillage are probably unmatched by anything or anyone ;)

I put the everyone to the heart!
MrMagic
Fruit tobacco on dark vanilla
Oh man, still looking for an extremely strong scent for the cold seasons that stands out. The Bentley for Men Intense has already done it to me, but is not quite enough for me in terms of performance (probably because it was reformulated). Then I came across Mancera in general, but also in particular Red Tobacco as a so-called "beast" with a good scent and promptly ordered a bottling, especially since I was also very interested in the note tobacco as someone who appreciates pipe smell or the smell of a good cigar.
So the first spray on the wrist to find that one of the previous speakers put it aptly. Is this a liquid ashtray?
So it smelled unfortunately in the first moment. Pungent, ashy, somewhat synthetic and not at all fruity. That will probably have been a handle in the toilet - or in the ashtray - thought in my naivety and sullenness, not to give the fragrance the opportunity to unfold. Well then, FFP2 mask on and shopping. And again, one of the previous speakers is right: this scent stings through any FFP2 mask, with a spray on the wrist, which was not immediately in front of the mask. That's why I also wondered what smells so good here, only to find that was the scent on my wrist.

So Red Tobacco starts pungently ashy and as I suspect, this is mainly due to the saffron note, which is accompanied by incense and oud really unpleasant. However, this initial impression fades quite quickly for me, especially when the scent comes out into the cold air. Then the fruit aroma comes up quite quickly, as there was less than 15 minutes between spraying it on and realizing that the scent is quite pleasant after all. A little more eingedieselt and in the home test, however, the scent needs 30-40 minutes at room temperature on my skin to unfold, although it is then also not yet fully developed.
As of now, the scent can be described quite vividly and simply: Buy a can of shisha tobacco with the flavor "red fruits" or anything in that direction and you have a good idea of which way the fragrance now goes. For me, despite the sweetness to this point, very masculine, versatile and not synthetic. Unisex? Hardly!
However, as the fragrance progresses, the vanilla of the fragrance emerges more and more with a wonderful dark and deep note (probably thanks to the wood), so that the fragrance can be catalogued as unisex. For me, he remains nevertheless rather masculine.

Durability is at 12 hours plus, so that is already clear. The sillage is really strong and even for Mancera above average. The fragrance so please do not overdose! Yes, I personally do not perceive the fragrance after some time, if I am all the time in the same room, but that is probably due to the fact to squat in its own fragrance cloud, so that the nose gets used to the scent. So take my word for it: your environment is constantly aware of you!
Who moves with this fragrance outdoors can sing a song about it and will always perceive the fragrance as a carrier. Also this fragrance has just the potential to fill entire rooms and even when leaving the room to linger in this.

The flacon looks really chic. I even thought at first that the fragrance itself is red, but that's just the glass, as I then noticed on a sample ordered in advance. The shape of the bottle does not seem elegant to me, typical of Mancera just, but I also always find something to complain.

All in all, a very nice, balanced, masculine and distinguished fragrance of a sweet nature. Perfectly suited for the cold weather and a gentlemen's evening, with the reactions of women so far also consistently positive. Probably the sweetness plays a supporting role there again. In the office and everyday life I would be careful with the fragrance. More than two sprayers should not be applied under any circumstances.
Went directly in the 120ml version in the shopping cart, so that the gem is still preserved for me for a long time. Absolutely recommendable!

Non-stereotypical Winter Spice Scent
For me, this is the first time that I approach a niche fragrance of the Mancera brand. And wow, is this for real? The world of perfumes, rather than the universe, it would be better to say, given the plethora of fragrances currently created, has always been a fascinating mystery to me. If you think about it, just change the quantity of a note or reverse the order of appearance to obtain a fragrance with different shades and chords. For this reason, with the Russian roulette effect, I like to shop blindly, letting myself be guided by my instinct and my imagination. I like trying to perceive the fragrance by reading the notes that compose it without ever smelling it before. And that pleasant surprise happened to me with Red Tobacco. It's the sweetest and spiciest oud-based I've ever smelled. It does not come close to the Middle Eastern flowery version mixed with rose or the spicy version mixed with saffron, which I love unquestionably. Here we find a sweetened oud with fruity notes mixed with amber liquor-like Tobacco, the aromatic one used for the pipe. It never turns out too dark or medicinal. It's warm, powerful, and sensual. You'd better not resist and let this heatwave invade your body.

Red Tobacco is an exuberant woody and spicy fragrance that immediately presents itself with a creamy accord of apple, pear, and cinnamon that opens the dance. It is a sweet baked fleshy fruit with a perfect scent for the cold season. Now on its own, it might seem simple. Wait for a little. A light oud kicks off from the base notes, smoked incense and pungent nutmeg follow each other, crashing into the cooked apples. The result of putting some frankincense and oud on the cake works well. The resinous facets gather on the apple and pear filled pie and offset the cinnamon. There is only a pinch of saffron. That pinch avoids creating the famous oud-saffron blend that is too leathery that we find, for example, in Montale Red Aoud or Dior Oud Ispahan. This phase has a slightly pungent and deliciously sweet and sour smell.

In the heart, the earthy patchouli fills the gap before the Tobacco comes out forcefully. The smooth and mellifluous pipe tobacco emerges from its bed of amber and spices to reveal itself as the real protagonist. The slightly soiled patchouli note that smells of moist, dark chocolate softens the perfume's, great sweetness. Jasmine is mentioned, but I don't feel it's indolic undertones. Hence, a rather earthy, semi-sweet, and not very floral heart.

A blend of vanilla and Tobacco builds the basic accord. Amber provides an anchor for the spicy notes to maintain their presence as the oud fades away. In fact, the king of this elixir is not the oud, which acts as an ornament. The keynote is Tobacco, a pleasant sensation of smoke and dust and blends beautifully with the rest of the woody and spicy accords. The other base notes add more layers of delicacy while keeping the Tobacco distinguishable. Warm, sweet, this dry-down is very, very cute. Not sure if I get vetiver nor white musk; perhaps not in this first experience.

For me, this scent is very rich and has a noticeable projection, and a shower isn't enough to erase it. Red Tobacco has enough spice to turn the heat up on a cold winter night. It's worth buying blindly for cold winter nights, especially if you are a fan of tobacco leaves. On cold winter days, Red Tobacco warms the heart and soul by finding the right balance between the notes of fruit, Tobacco, incense, and amber accords in a very pleasant scent. I think you can wear it to go to work, as long as you don't overdo the splashes. For me, it is a yes, a new fragrance that is added to my collection.

This review bases upon a decant I own since February 2021.

-Elysium
***Less is often more ;-)***
one day it was again so far and I went through my collection of Duftpröbchen.
As with the loose I had the Red Tobacco in hand and thought to myself, outside it's cold as rainy, which could fit :-). Smelled briefly at the ,,neck" of the bottle to then two sprays in the neck area / hairline me to indulge. Immediately he I smelled this spice and sweet at the same time ,which is very intense at first. I admire every perfume user who writes crazy stories about perfumes, where I almost give in :-). For me, the white musk and vanilla notes predominate throughout the day. What is always important for me: "How is he so at my with colleagues / colleagues"! The feedback is to be answered with well, but if you use this perfume, reduce the dosage please on two sprays, because otherwise one smells you still hours later after leaving the place where you stood. Even, I work in the office and there I hear no complaints on the part of womankind :-). Red Tobacco is absolutely unisex wearable.
Please do not forget that every skin and nose reacts differently and I tell you about my sniff :-).
Let's get to the rating of me:
Fragrance: 8.0 / durability 10 / Sillage 10 / Flacon 9

Now please stay all healthy and I look forward to your feedback,
Lg Alex
Madness in a bottle
I would claim this fragrance is THE discovery of recent months.... Thanks to Corona, you are hardly noticed and the people around you smell actually no more than your own breath.
But this nice colleague here also stabs through any FFP2 mask and ensures that you are noticed.
The latter has been told to me so several times :)

Now to the fragrance : A fruity, spicy tobacco drydown gives this perfume its name.
I am not a fan of the classic tobacco smell and could I so 0,0 imagine that I praise times a perfume, which has a tobacco note inne.
But Red Tobacco implements this so skillfully fruity and fresh that it does not bother you at all.
On the contrary - it makes him insanely interesting and portable.

In the opening, I really smell out the fruity notes and I like the apple-peach-saffron combination the most.

Then in the heart it becomes nice and tart,woody without losing the lightness of the fruits due to the patchouli. THAT my dear friends, can not many ... beautiful greetings at the point to the nose behind and to the house Mancera.

In the drydown then joins the woody notes still the said tobacco scent. Really suuuper implemented. I find the fruity-sweet notes do not disappear completely. They are merely supplemented by the fragrance notes in the base....

As a result, you really have a firecracker that is not only pleasing, but also potent.
A few sprays on the jacket are enough to greet my colleague from the neighboring office without me leaving my seat. So much for that :)
In addition, the very very long. On clothing is still days later to perceive..

Finally, I would like to mention that it was an absolute blind purchase and I'm sooo incredibly happy that I have dared :D
In this sense : Clear buy recommendation, from me even blindly. Because that will certainly always come good!

Otherwise, stay healthy & have nice holidays you dears.

On that we (hopefully) soon again in the inner cities olfactory on exploration tour can go - without mask of course !

LG Osman58
Damn...
...do you know this? You read the fragrance notes and think "yup, could fit"...ersoukt itself (or in the case, you exchange a few ml) and then this disappointment? Oh...I think you know that to enough ;-)
Is the second Mancera fragrance I try...and already the first was not so mine. But this one is really perverse. A spritzchen on the wrist and already you sink into a mixture of tobacco and oud...and a very earthy patchouli...all scents that I like in small doses, but as I said...in small doses!
Well...sometimes a fragrance needs to unfold...so a few things done, half hour around, sniffed again on the wrist (not that you have to, because the sillage is bomb)...nothing. After half an hour I smelled it again...still so bad...incense and vetiver join in and I imagine that it smells even worse than at the beginning...after two hours I gave up....I scrubbed my wrist with curd soap and carefully smelled it again...it still sticks to me, but of course in a weakened form. This is the moment where I always ask myself... "why is it that your favorite scents never last this long?"
Small consolation, four hours later I smell again on my wrist, just out of curiosity whether the scent is finally gone...he is not...but now he smells fine vanilla / cinnamon, slightly ambered...even the apple I perceive...you have to go through hell to get to the forecourt of heaven?

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
The opening is nuclear, synthetic and ashy. Tobacco, saffron and a bit fruity. The drydown is spicy, sweet, woody and dark. Too strong.
ElysiumElysium 2 months ago
This scent's outrageous! It opens with resinous incense note, the heart is dirty and flirty, and the finish is a smoky and aromatic tobacco!
EstbienlaEstbienla 3 months ago
A warm, sweet spicy odor nothing special. Not very important sillage as I could read. Average quality and nothing to have with carlisle
VanAllanVanAllan 11 months ago
Very potent fragrance (and I don't say it lightly), needs only 2 sprays to envelop you in a cloud of dusty-nutmeg-cinnamon-cherry-tobacco.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Didn't think much of this at first....but I get constant compliments with it. Kind of a grassy dry tobacco with a slight fruity touch. Class

by Emo
by Estbienla
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Hindu Kush by Mancera Choco Violette by Mancera Wild Leather by Mancera Aoud Orchid by Mancera