Red Tobacco (2017)

Red Tobacco by Mancera

Red Tobacco is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Nutmeg, White peach, Green apple, Nepalese oud
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli leaf, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Amber, Gaiac wood, Woody notes, Vetiver, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 24.01.2020.

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Creamy Tobacco!
What really characterize this fragrance is the cherry pawdery with a strong touch of tobacco mix with saffron and nutmeg, although cherry doesn’t exist in any list note. This fragrance is just amazing! Personally, in the opening I get some fruits like pear n’ apple ???? Then notes of amber, nutmeg, leather and tobacco leaf makes the fragrance unique!

Tyre trade
The top note is still woody and tobacco-smelling. At that point you think you know which move the mix is jumping on. Already after 3 minutes the wind turns completely and the smell changes. Then the opposites dominate. I look at the notes again, but a description cannot be attached to a note because of the confusion.
For me here is a Layton Exclusif line available. The citric bergamot, grapefruit and cinnamon notes from the Layton and the Veitver, cinnamon and apple-peach mix from the Mancera are very similar.
Both were described as woody-spicy and sweet-spicy. The practice is rather fresh and spicy so that the prospective customer can get a realistic picture. Incense is also recognizable.
Finally, a tyre odour remains. If you have ever smelled in his workshop in the hall then you know what I mean. With a female audience of only 8.3%, the fragrance is far too feminine for me
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Red glowing provocation
The cooler days are just around the corner. It's time to get the warm, heavy scents out of the back rows of the shelf again. Manceras Red Tobacco is already a perfume that splits the perfumes on the net a bit. Most of the comments fall into the category "enthusiastic", but a significant minority of comments transport the sheer horror.
For me as a half layman, the fragrance actually belongs to the sweet, oriental Oud-Moschus fragrances, which can be found under variations of the term Kalemat in the net here and there as a perfume spray, but more often as a perfume oil. This fragrance here is complex, lush, on warm skin initially very sweet, but has a more saffron-spicy character from a distance. The oud provides the basis here, but does not dominate. I can only smell it easily. These fragrances are not something I would wear every day, but every now and then I put them on, and then I am already fascinated by this intense Orientalism. The Mancera can turn a boring working day upside down, or spice up a draining event. Well dosed it is wearable, if you don't let yourself be intimidated and don't - quote - look the scent directly in the eyes.
At Manceras Red Tobacco, the unusual thing is actually the distinct tobacco note, which is after the initial, honey, for some cherry ;-) Explosion over and under the scent. This note reminds me of a fresh pack of cigarettes without a filter. I have always found tobacco - not lit - to be very fascinating. Imagine this tobacco scent together with a gradually spicier honey cake and a hint of oud and musk, which returns in swells over many hours - that's Mancera's Red Tobacco!
A little tip - if you want to try this out before making a blind purchase, you can put together a five-pack chic travelspray (8 ml) or five sample tubes (2 ml) from Mancera's own website for acceptable money
8.0 4.0 6.0 4.5/10

Another one...
The only offer of tobacco offered by Mancera, which I think does not contribute absolutely anything to the world of tobacco perfumes (come on, nor to that of perfumes in general).

Very fruity opening (declares apple and pear ...), which dries on a tobacco note quite undefined or not too credible, that lacks in body, with a final drying of the typical, with that residual smell that falls rather towards the tonka bean (counmarina), so much used for a long time, and that we will not deny either, it's more or less nice and easy to carry.

It has given me a feeling of low quality, quite synthetic and with a totally disproportionate price (150 € 120ml), like all the perfumes I have tried/had of this brand. I think it could be camouflaged between any current release of designer brands like D&G, etc.

Smell boring, well known and devoid of inspiration, which projects timidly all the time and if it has a good longevity, more than 7-8 hours.

A pass for me.
8.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Mancera in the style of Parfums de Marly
Mancera, a brand I've grown fond of. I have already tested many of these brands extensively and found most to be really strong. There hasn't been a loser in it yet. You get high quality fragrances, which are relatively expensive but high quality. For niche conditions, however, still inexpensive, since one gets the mesiten Mancera's for approx. 150 euros a 120ml. Can you pay.
I bought a small bottling because I tested myself through the brand and liked the concept. Tobacco is not my favourite brand, but it can be shown to advantage with beautiful other notes.

Mancera bottles are very noble and uniform. Only in the color they differ. Here is the color matching the name red and an eye-catcher. Very noble and an enrichment for a beautiful bottle collection.
When it comes to the description of the fragrance, the first thing I have to say is an extremely loud fragrance. He's anything but subtle. On the contrary: One of the best performance I've ever tested. A small sprayer radiates so much and you should be aware of that when you wear this fragrance. In plain language: It is 0.0 suitable for everyday use. For me a fragrance that you can use if you like to be the center of attention. Fits great in the evening and the nightlife.
The top note and the main DNA remind me of Parfums de Marly's Layton. Overall I find the fragrance as a cross-section of Herod, Layton, Carlisle + its own individual touch. The top note has a strong fruity note. Similar to Layton, an apple-like note with an ethereal touch appears. Here however already more bad boy touch with light Oud and tobacco note. An extremely interesting DNA that will probably make many curious and the carrier interesting. Also patchouli and a nice spice are present here. The first few hours he is pushy, penetrating and very present. Since I like this smell with me in the positive sense. If you don't like him, he can be a pain in the ass. In the base it calms down a little and rounds off well. Amber, soft wood, vanilla, musk and natural tobacco act very softly and pleasantly. Compared to the first hours rather ordinary, but very pleasant. If you like Parfums de Marly's fragrances Layton, Herod and Carlisle, you will probably like them too.
As I said: The Sillage is extremely strong and obtrusive, also the durability is over 10 hours, which is optimal for long nights.

If I buy it, I don't know yet, because the possibilities to wear this fragrance are very limited. Nevertheless, I make a clear recommendation to buy. Especially for people who like to go out and celebrate

Mancera Red Tobacco Review
Here's my review of Mancera's latest fragrance release Red Tobacco. I have a full review of Mancera's Red Tobacco here as well as a First Impressions Review video you can find on my channel. I loved Mancera Red Tobacco so much that I had to review the fragrance fully after the First Impressions review I did from the mini I received. Please watch my video to find out more about Mancera Red Tobacco. Thank you.

Amazon1975 36 days ago
Didn't think much of this at first....but I get constant compliments with it. Kind of a grassy dry tobacco with a slight fruity touch. Class
6.0
Toreter 8 months ago
Start fruitty and quickly comes Layton´s tobacco and a sinthetyc note. Afterwards Herod tobacco and some sweetness. Powerful and pleasant A+

by eBOSS
by eBOSS
by MrC0rnells
by MrC0rnells

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Kumkat Wood by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wild Cherry by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Indian Dream by Mancera