Red Tobacco 2017

Red Tobacco by Mancera
Red Tobacco is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Nutmeg, White peach, Green apple, Nepalese oud
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Amber, Gaiac wood, Woody notes, Vetiver, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 25.01.2021.

Madness in a bottle
I would claim this fragrance is THE discovery of recent months.... Thanks to Corona, you are hardly noticed and the people around you smell actually no more than your own breath.
But this nice colleague here also stabs through any FFP2 mask and ensures that you are noticed.
The latter has been told to me so several times :)

Now to the fragrance : A fruity, spicy tobacco drydown gives this perfume its name.
I am not a fan of the classic tobacco smell and could I so 0,0 imagine that I praise times a perfume, which has a tobacco note inne.
But Red Tobacco implements this so skillfully fruity and fresh that it does not bother you at all.
On the contrary - it makes him insanely interesting and portable.

In the opening, I really smell out the fruity notes and I like the apple-peach-saffron combination the most.

Then in the heart it becomes nice and tart,woody without losing the lightness of the fruits due to the patchouli. THAT my dear friends, can not many ... beautiful greetings at the point to the nose behind and to the house Mancera.

In the drydown then joins the woody notes still the said tobacco scent. Really suuuper implemented. I find the fruity-sweet notes do not disappear completely. They are merely supplemented by the fragrance notes in the base....

As a result, you really have a firecracker that is not only pleasing, but also potent.
A few sprays on the jacket are enough to greet my colleague from the neighboring office without me leaving my seat. So much for that :)
In addition, the very very long. On clothing is still days later to perceive..

Finally, I would like to mention that it was an absolute blind purchase and I'm sooo incredibly happy that I have dared :D
In this sense : Clear buy recommendation, from me even blindly. Because that will certainly always come good!

Otherwise, stay healthy & have nice holidays you dears.

On that we (hopefully) soon again in the inner cities olfactory on exploration tour can go - without mask of course !

LG Osman58
Damn...
...do you know this? You read the fragrance notes and think "yup, could fit"...ersoukt itself (or in the case, you exchange a few ml) and then this disappointment? Oh...I think you know that to enough ;-)
Is the second Mancera fragrance I try...and already the first was not so mine. But this one is really perverse. A spritzchen on the wrist and already you sink into a mixture of tobacco and oud...and a very earthy patchouli...all scents that I like in small doses, but as I said...in small doses!
Well...sometimes a fragrance needs to unfold...so a few things done, half hour around, sniffed again on the wrist (not that you have to, because the sillage is bomb)...nothing. After half an hour I smelled it again...still so bad...incense and vetiver join in and I imagine that it smells even worse than at the beginning...after two hours I gave up....I scrubbed my wrist with curd soap and carefully smelled it again...it still sticks to me, but of course in a weakened form. This is the moment where I always ask myself... "why is it that your favorite scents never last this long?"
Small consolation, four hours later I smell again on my wrist, just out of curiosity whether the scent is finally gone...he is not...but now he smells fine vanilla / cinnamon, slightly ambered...even the apple I perceive...you have to go through hell to get to the forecourt of heaven?

Excellent, delicate and sexy
At first i was scared of the word 'tobacco' until i tested this perfume..
As a vanilla lover i would say love at first sight!
Cinnamon, oud, jasmine, vetiver a little bit and VANILLA!!!!
It came to stay and transform you into a candy sexy beast!
DonJuanDeCat
Tobacco does not mean cigarette smoke!
Hello again, snoops. Here I am again and like every time at the beginning I think about whether I should mess with you perfumas again or not. On the other hand, the fragrance is unisex and not a pure women's fragrance, so it could well be that I'm acting a little more normal today for once :D

Anyway, today I'm going to tell you about Red Tobacco from Mancera, a fragrance that seems to go down well here in general! It's funny, by the way, that I thought that tobacco scents would smell like cigarette smoke, hey hey, fortunately this is not the case, even if a scent should have smoky notes (tobacco scents don't have to be smoky, but they can be if they have the corresponding scents).

Anyway, tobacco scents are not bad, even if I was not a big fan of them in the past. Anyway, there are well-made scents like this Mancera here, which really surprised me when I tested it, as I didn't expect such a good scent! Which means that you should always be open to all scents, including all the alien ones, as far as you ladies are concerned, but noooooo.... :D
After all, you never know what you will discover :))
All right, before I start bitching about it, let me get to the scent!
The smell:
I smell patchouli best at the beginning, which quickly mixes with the oud and the scent appears quite wintery. There are also light, sweetish scents that come from jasmine and cinnamon. Herbs are also present and you should be able to smell some saffron. I also have the feeling that I can still perceive a light, medically effective note, something like camphor or something like that.
The patchouli gets a little weaker as it progresses, but the oud gets a little stronger, even if the fragrance doesn't seem to be any stronger.
A little later, you can now smell the tobacco that gives the name to the product, which has a nice, tart scent. Oud is still present, and more woods are added. With the sweet scents you can now hardly distinguish where they come from, but I would now guess the amber.
After a while the oud goes down a little bit, so that the scent now appears a little bit more fruity.
Tobacco, amber, woods and vanilla. After all, these are the fragrances of the base and they all smell really wonderful together. In itself perfectly coordinated, they are very pleasant in the nose. It's sweet and powdery and therefore cuddly, but also tart and slightly spicy, so the fragrance always remains unisex. A very beautiful fragrance.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is really good, it is strong enough that you can smell it already when you enter the room and someone in it should carry the scent here. The durability is enormous, the scent is very good to smell from morning to night and you can even smell it a little bit the next morning.

The bottle! The bottle is cylindrical and has gilded elements such as a gold base, a gold neck and a gold frame around a black label with the logo and fragrance name written in gold letters. The cap is cylindrical and black, and all in all, the bottle makes a beautiful impression.

Conclusion:
Wow, I really liked that smell. Normally I am not a big tobacco fan, as I said at the beginning, but this scent smells really nice. I don't like oud that much, but first of all you can only smell it at the beginning anyway and secondly it's not one of those strong oud scents that really hit the spot, but it's still well dosed. After that it fades away more and more, so that the scent becomes sweeter, powdery, softer and simply more beautiful. Of course, the oud flashes up every now and then, but as I said before, it's all very nice when combined later.

The fragrance is above all a great scent for going out or in the evening. Smells really yummy (for everyone, it's unisex... so that would mean that it would have to smell yummy for me too, OR? So after the pandemic I have to try it under a crowd of women...! But that I dare to try it under such a crowd is another problem... :D).

Otherwise, Red Tobacco is of course an autumn and winter scent with a good appearance and very high durability. As mentioned, it is especially suitable as a fragrance for going out and celebrating. In any case it is absolutely worth a smell! And that was all about this fragrance, so have a nice evening and see you next time :)
N471v3
The better is the enemy of the good.
Manceras Red Tobacco does exactly what the name suggests. It is a finely arranged, spicy-sweet tobacco composition with gourmand notes, where most of the spices, but especially cinnamon and amber can be smelled out. But they don't stand out, the overall scent is extremely round and well-balanced.
But still very strong in performance!

However, RT suffers from the problem that he lacks the "charismatic" that his biggest competitor, PdM Herod, has.

Red Tobacco is the perfect spicy-sweet, groumpy tobacco scent for niche lovers who don't like the artificial and iso-like side of Herod. But that's exactly what makes Herod so special for me personally
Red Tobacco smells very natural and fine, but it loses this interesting, attractive smell a little bit, which is a pity.

Hence the title:
To me, Red Tobacco is a step back, worse-better. Herod just can't be beat in this sector. I don't know if this was really the intention (so objection: hear-sake!), but for me as a Herod owner there is no argument to buy Red Tobacco
But for those connoisseurs among you who have always wished Herod didn't smell of those indefinable, iso-like additives that make it so peculiar, Red Tobacco is the perfect solution. :)
Rainero
Vanilla wood with wumms !
Because I was very fond of Cedrat Boise...and in summer I discovered the brand Mancera with 'Sicily' and 'Musk Wave'...I was curious about 'Red Tobacco' To put it simply (this "professional swirl is annoying me in the meantime - especially since perfume for me has to do with emotions) :
Who liked 'Opium pour homme' by YSL...who wants scents with REAL head/heart/base notes.... who wants to perceive his scent for a long time/ long shelf life + projection...... = THAT I would like to recommend Red Tobacco very much !
Some people might think the prelude to "strange"...because of a slight resemblance to Moschino's ToyBoy paired with the Odheur of eraser...but as soon as this perfume "melts" with the wearer/their skin .... it's just HEAVEN!

I have never liked to wear vanilla wood in a fragrance so much + never (or rarely) have I been so happy that it is getting colder now and I can wear my big KleinOd almost daily...

Too bad that there is no nightlife at the moment...this stuff on me would make the thongs fly !

GewoonBB
The Sauvage EDT of tobacco fragrances (NKNN)
• Mancera Red Tobacco •

Red Tobacco has gotten a lot of love recently. Stay tuned to find out if I think it's worth the hype.

I've seen a lot of people talk about Red Tobacco and generally the reactions are positive. I have tried a couple of Mancera's before...I'm not impressed by their ouds so far, although Aoud Lemon Mint was okay. Cedrat Boise is one of my favorites though, so I'm still on the fence as far as the house goes.

On to Red Tobacco. Straight away I can tell you that this does not have a great opening. It's a bit of a mess honestly, its harsh, synthethic. It smells a bit more leathery, maybe with some ashes on it and when I smell it upclose I get some liquorice. With some dried fruits and it smells a bit dusty. I think it might be the saffron that's in here that you get in the opening. The spices are also quite prominent, cinnamon and nutmeg. I get a prominent clove or mintiness, so overall I would describe it as christmas spices. After a couple of minutes more of the fruitiness comes through and it becomes more like traditional tobacco scent.

It does get better in the drydown, when more of the tobacco comes through. It's a dry tobacco. A lot of added sweetness though, from the vanilla, although I think it's closer to Parfums de Marly Herod than it is to Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille in that regard. The vanilla sweetness isn't too strong, but there's also a sort of sweetness from the fruits. The fruitiness is nondescript, it lists apple and pear, but I get some cherry and there's nothing natural or lifelike about it. I think the scent in the drydown is okay, but unrefined, some playful nuances to a harsher dry tobacco center.

Where this shines and where it gets most of the hype from, is the performance. As most Mancera's, Red Tobacco is loud in it's projection. For a couple of hours this will be noticable in a small room. Longevity is great too, easily lasting a workday, potentially a full day. If that's what you're looking for, you can't go wrong with it.

For my money, I'd take Herod by Parfums de Marly over Red Tobacco any day of the week. Red Tobacco is slightly cheaper, retail is 95 for the 60ml, but I saw it on sale for 80 earlier this week, and the performance is better, so I guess you could make that argument. Is it worth the hype...I don't know, I think it's a solid release that brings something to the table, but in the most important department, the actual scent, it's not blowing me away at all. I feel like it's kind of the Sauvage EDT of tobacco fragrances •

Red Tobacco
This is just gorgeous, an excellent release by Mancera.

Tobacco, Patchouli, Vanilla and Cinnamon are the notes which standout the most to me.

This sort of does remind me of Herod but different enough and Herod is still my favorite Tobacco based fragrance. This would be 2nd

Creamy Tobacco!
What really characterize this fragrance is the cherry pawdery with a strong touch of tobacco mix with saffron and nutmeg, although cherry doesn’t exist in any list note. This fragrance is just amazing! Personally, in the opening I get some fruits like pear n’ apple ???? Then notes of amber, nutmeg, leather and tobacco leaf makes the fragrance unique!
Tyre trade
The top note is still woody and tobacco-smelling. At that point you think you know which move the mix is jumping on. Already after 3 minutes the wind turns completely and the smell changes. Then the opposites dominate. I look at the notes again, but a description cannot be attached to a note because of the confusion.
For me here is a Layton Exclusif line available. The citric bergamot, grapefruit and cinnamon notes from the Layton and the Veitver, cinnamon and apple-peach mix from the Mancera are very similar.
Both were described as woody-spicy and sweet-spicy. The practice is rather fresh and spicy so that the prospective customer can get a realistic picture. Incense is also recognizable.
Finally, a tyre odour remains. If you have ever smelled in his workshop in the hall then you know what I mean. With a female audience of only 8.3%, the fragrance is far too feminine for me

EstbienlaEstbienla 26 minutes ago
It's not at all the powerful perfume as I could read, it's a hot, sweet spicy Oud.
VanAllanVanAllan 9 months ago
Very potent fragrance (and I don't say it lightly), needs only 2 sprays to envelop you in a cloud of dusty-nutmeg-cinnamon-cherry-tobacco.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Didn't think much of this at first....but I get constant compliments with it. Kind of a grassy dry tobacco with a slight fruity touch. Class
ToreterToreter 2 years ago
Start fruitty and quickly comes Layton´s tobacco and a sinthetyc note. Afterwards Herod tobacco and some sweetness. Powerful and pleasant A+

by VanAllan
by MrC0rnells
by Zirkon
by Zirkon

Popular Mancera

Lemon Line by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Sicily by Mancera So Blue by Mancera Choco Violette by Mancera Velvet Vanilla by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera