Roses Greedy 2012

Roses Greedy by Mancera
Roses Greedy is a perfume by Mancera for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCoconutCoconut
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
BenzoinBenzoin
Vanilla sugarVanilla sugar
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.10.2021.

Roses to power!
For a rose - fan like me, a name like "Roses Greedy" means nothing other than "buy me, here I am". Nevertheless, I could restrain myself and have not blindly but once ordered a bottling.
"Roses Greedy" starts with me with a citrus - cassis - like tingle, but that is quickly replaced by the rose. Coconut I can not smell out. Other flowers, including jasmine, play a very subordinate role, the rose takes over the scent dominance from the beginning. Only briefly does a feeling of soap come over me, fortunately. I don't like rose soap at all. The rest of the time, the rose is very authentic and not too sweet, but still fruity.
About the rest of the time: This drags on - untruthfully - for hours. At 6:30 I sprayed RG, at 17:30 he was still there. On my clothes it smells even almost as strong as in the morning.
The vanilla sugar I do not really perceive, with me remains only musk. With such a persistent rose, that falls for me but hardly in the weight, even if I like vanilla very much.
DonJuanDeCat
Voracious roses or man-eating women?
Hello all you sniffing pack and welcome to another commentary from me. I'm writing about Mancera today, and specifically about their fragrance Roses Greedy, which is kind of a weird fragrance name. I mean, what does that even mean? Roses that are greedy? Roses that are gluttonous? Maybe roses here represent women (kind of like "Oh, she's a pretty flower!", so that rose is synonymous with woman here). And greedy means not only greedy, but gluttonous. With a little imagination, this gets you to "Gluttonous Women," but not in the sense of greedy for chocolate, just man-eating.

All of this is surely a hidden reference to what I've been saying here over and over again for a few years now: women are ravenous monsters who just want to eat guys' hearts.... YEAH! I've always known that! Bah! Now we have proof, and I'm still here douchebag surrounded by you guys... argh! :D

But well, maybe that's just one of my paranoid theories, but... prove me wrong! Mu ha ha ha, of course you can't, can you? He he he :D
Before you all, mainly as always the ladies of course, get upset and want to strangle me or something, I'd better get to the fragrance, which is said to be a mix of orient and occident (or this applies to the Mancera brand in general) :D

The fragrance:
Soo, for a rose scent, this one starts off really nice. I was just expecting "just" regular rose, at least at first. And yes, you smell roses, of course, but you smell so many other things at once, too, that the combination of everything makes for a very nice scent. There are lovely currants, very faint but there nonetheless. Then there are tangerines, which smell great as always, especially together with the sweet jasmine. And I think I can smell a little of the specified coconut as well. Everything combined makes for an excellent scent that comes across as nice and feminine.
Towards the base, the scent continues to get sweeter, which could also be due to the vanilla. It is also soft, which comes not only from the vanilla, but also from resins like benzoin. The floral scents are also a little heavier, you smell besides the roses namely also "general flowers", which even radiate now and then slightly sultry.
A little bit later, the fragrance is even quite opulent floral. Roses you can still smell, but actually you smell best just a general, slightly sultry floral mix. Otherwise, of sweet scents, you can smell vanilla best, but if you smell closely, you can also detect some musk. All in all, a nice fragrance.
Very late, that is, so after about eight to ten hours, the somewhat violent and opulent fragrance notes, by the way, subside so far again that you can then suddenly smell the roses again quite clearly.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage is good, so you do not have to get very close to smell the fragrance at one.
The durability I found even very good, I think here are easily eight to ten hours in it.

The flacon:
The bottle is cylindrical and slopes down towards the neck. I like that Mancera's bottles often have a nice gradient of colour, here the bottle has a pink hue that seems to fade a little towards the bottom. There is a narrow golden label stuck on the front, also golden is the cylindrical lid. A beautiful flacon.

Conclusion:
So, that was now Manceras Roses Greedy. The fragrance is not bad. For me, it could be a tad better, but I only say that because I like opulent floral scents a little less, whereas here at least it's not as bad as if, say, there was heavy ylang-ylang in it. Still, the fragrance is so not necessarily my thing, BUT: I think you ladies might like it well.

By the heaviness of the fragrance, which turns up especially in the later base so really, the fragrance is of course best only on cooler days well wearable, so autumn and winter. And then he fits well for going out or for the evening, since he yes not only smells nice, but also keeps neat and has a pretty good charisma.

What I liked less about the fragrance, however (but it could also be due to my sample) was the somewhat too sticky fragrance liquid. It just bothers me when something too sticky or oily sticks to my skin, so I didn't like the application of the fragrance that much either. Whether this is also the case when sprayed from a bottle, I don't know, I hope not, but I haven't noticed this with other Mancera fragrances so far. So that does not have to be here, but just as a hint.

And that's it again from me. Have a nice evening, you gluttonous monsters, you! :D

Bubblegum Rose
OK. This is some potent stuff. At first spritz. Has to be said that the sillage goes from enormous to skin scent in 10/15 minutes top.
Longevity as skin scent for Mancera is alike that of Keiko Mecheri's scents. But do I want to be the only one perceiving and enjoying such lovely perfume?

That's the dilemma for me. Surely I'd love more sillage. Just a tad more would be perfect. So I'm left craving it.

As for the notes, this is glorious. After 9 hours I can still detect a light jasmine, the ghost of roses' glory, sugar, and musk soapiness. Sleek, musky, adorable.
But. So faint I would cry.

First spray is a bubble-gummish blast of roses, sugar, musk, peach. Absolute rapture! Then, jasmine wrapped in coconut with some fruity undertone. Then, at last, musky sweet sleek soapiness.

All I want is more and more of the first loud bang of this, with more sillage and long lived stamina. A steroidal punch of first spritz would have had me stock up on 10 bottles of this. A life long supply. As it stands, I know I'll cry for more each time I spray.
This is to me comparable to a summer gigantic crash, leaving one rather disappointed at its brevity.

But what a punch those initial 10 minutes! Heaven! Perhaps the future of perfumes lies in constant re-application.

Still a decent 8/10. This cannot get less, no matter what.
Greedy Roses
Greedy roses?

A rose is a rose is a rose. For me an incredibly beautiful, unsaponifiable rose scent, actually I don't like rose scents, only rose ice cream. :-) And rose syrup
But here a sublime, proud, deep red rose blooms above all other nuances. Everything else I can neither smell out nor filter, it is neither clearly sweet nor clearly fruity. But the rose is there all the time.
Nothing stings and nothing bothers you.
It also gets rosy-"warm" at some point, like an expensive rose cream.

It's almost a revelation for a rose-scented no-hoper like me. :-) All the other rose scents I had the pleasure of testing were too sweet for me, and above all you could smell so many other things. "Rose Vanilla", for example, completely confused, too sweet, too flashy, too synthetic. Here it smells totally harmonious for me, sweetish and flowery, but it is balanced. And above all, the greedy rose. Yes, greedy, because she feels that she sets the tone in every note, but really beautiful.

Should I ever want to have a rose scent, want to wear it or get it in my head and like rose scents: this one would be my absolute first choice (so far).

PS: The bottle alone... ;-)))

Fruity roses
Roses Greedy opens nicely with a peach note and a sweet coconut note.

After half an hour the rose emerges with some other flowery notes.

The composition itself does not chage much after that. Actually it dries down to basically rose, musk and amber accords.

On this phase it vaguely remembers me of Roses Vanille, but Roses Greedy is more fruity and the musk note is not so loud.

Lasting power is around 8 hours. Sillage is heavy and so projection is.

Roses Greedy is unisex in my opinion, altought smells better on a woman.

by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Tar
by Tar
by Luxus
by Luxus

Popular Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Aoud Exclusif by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Aoud Orchid by Mancera Choco Violette by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera