Roses Vanille (2011)

Roses Vanille by Mancera

Roses Vanille is a perfume by Mancera for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMorning dew, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose loukoum
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla sugar, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.03.2020.

Tacky? No! Woodsy-warm!
Maybe my sense of smell is crazy, but I smell something completely different here than "sticky sweetness" or "cuddly warmth".

Normally I give rose scents a wide berth - many I find simply too madamy for me. Vanilla is not my cup of tea either, I always associate it with food and not with body odor.
I would never have even considered this fragrance here, just the description "flowery-sweet" combined with the name Roses Vanilla actually unites all my No-Gos.

Well, if I hadn't walked through the Alsterhaus some time ago and suddenly got stuck in the middle of the corridor by a smell. Sure, an exact demarcation was not really definable, but I described to the saleswoman what I suspected to smell: Oriental sweetness, yet slightly citric, somehow a bit ISO Super-E heavy with lots of spice and wood, wood, wood!

Well, the lady led me unerringly to the Mancera shelf, grabbed a bottle and sprayed the test strip. Since I was in a hurry, I sprayed my neck/shawl directly with it, grabbed the test strip and disappeared.

When I saw what was handwritten down there, I thought it was a mistake at first, but later I had to realize that rose and vanilla cannot be denied. However: completely different from what I know from other fragrances that combine rose and vanilla
This scent is not a bit sugar sweet or cuddly with me. On the contrary, I find it rather woody and smell the cedar clearly, which makes the combination of vanilla and rose stay on the carpet just right and doesn't let it slide into the puffiness.

I caught myself sticking my nose into the scarf over and over again, and the next day I smelled the coat and scarf in the hallway from time to time. Funnily enough the scent reminds me very much of Molecule 01, which came to my mind again and again.

Perhaps ISO E's odour blindness is the solution to the mystery of why many cannot perceive the fresh, woody impact of Rose's vanilla and therefore describe it as sticky sweet.

I can't confirm that at all and find it very sensual in an adult way and at the same time suitable for everyday life.

The durability is excellent and it has potential to become my favourite. Hopefully I just don't bother too many ISO-E blinds in my environment with it.

Roses Of Red Fall On My Head
The title of the Kelly Family classic Roses Of Red from the legendary 1994 album Over the Humb, fits this fragrance like a fist in the eye. Mancera Roses Vanilla, captivates by a very authentic deep rose, with flowery sweet honey notes, like rose wax, this is how I feel this fragrance, which I bought a few months ago in Vienna, at a small fine perfumery for just under 65€.

The bottle with the cap that you have to "twist", I do not find very nice. Even if this fragrance is advertised as a noble niche fragrance (which it is!), I would have expected a nice bottle, with a pink liquid, possibly a bow around the neck of the bottle, and in any case romantic in its presentation, because that way I wouldn't have been tempted to test it, let alone buy it, because the bottle suggests otherwise. And then I would never have known this wonderful rose scent! A serious error!

When spraying on, something sensually sweet welcomes me, in the prelude (top note) I notice the velvety deep red rose. I am immediately reminded of Rose Absolue by Yves Rocher, but in the Le Parfum version, which has unfortunately been discontinued for over 7-8 years. Also Rose Ispahan and Pure Desir de Rose by Yves, go in a similar direction, which makes me very happy, because I especially liked Rose Absolue and the Pure Desir de Rose idolatrous.

Mancera Rose Vanilla becomes more beautiful by the minute, like the most beautiful rose that opens its flowers. It reminds me of the red roses from my home country, Macedonia, which really smell like this. Although it contains sweet notes, it does not smell like a "gourmand rose" but like the sweet heavenly scent of a red rose with honey notes of rose wax.

Until the end, it smells of heavenly rose with fascinating sweetness
Imagine a balmy summer evening. The rose bushes exude the sweet scent of roses. The brooding day gives way to the mild evening. It's a beautiful harmony. A peaceful harmony
Although Mancera Rose Vanilla is an eau de parfum, it is as highly concentrated as a pure perfume. A fragrance that lasts over 10 hours with strong presence, and that at a price of mainstream fragrances. 60 ml cost, as already mentioned, just under 65€ the 120 ml 115€, which one can represent for this quality.

I am very satisfied with the fragrance and will certainly buy it again sometime. Because red roses also inspire my heart,

True to it's name
A perfume that will definitely thrill all the lovers of gourmand type of scents, provided that they are fond of the rose accords as well… A very elegant note of the queen of flowers which in this perfume -thank heavens - is not cloying, but sings in a pretty loud duet with the vanilla, both on a stage paved with cotton candy. My tolerance levels for the rose notes in perfumes is not very high and, though there are some rose-centered perfume artwork that I like very much and adore, that note is not among the ones that I fancy a lot. On the other hand my skin has a tendency to emphasize the warm and sweet notes, and after a rather pleasant opening, and some hour and a half past that, the rose gets toned down a bit, while everything else becomes even sweeter.

Around the same time the musk appears and this is the moment when I draw the line, when I cannot take it anymore. A soft rose, light but omnipresent and enveloping vanilla, a ton of sugar and soft musk lasts for hours on my skin. I can feel it clearly on my skin even the day after.

This is a very long lasting scent, when you see the oily patch on your skin after applying you know what you’re dealing with. It creates a good aura and it is nice to feel wafts of it here and there from somewhere close by - say on a young, positive and cheerful female. For the ones among you that fit the description and the ones that just feel like that - Roses Vanilla is highly recommended. This is where it would shine, as it is definitely a perfume of positive vibrations and good times.

Even though I consider myself to be a Mancera fan, being of the opinion that their creations are quite interesting, I have to say that this is the first one that I actually do not like, even though I tried to like it and gave it many second chances. We had coffee together in the morning, went for walks later in the evening, even spent some time at work with each other, we did not click. We parted ways calmly, in good faith of new acquaintances.

Strong stuff!
I really like this one. I think it balances the amount of sweetness perfectly. Of course the main notes are rose and vanilla, but there is also a sweetness, an almost, candy-like sweetness. I don't personally get the Oud in here, but I think of this one more as a sweet, candied rose fragrance, more than anything else.

I would recommend this one as it's good for colder weather and would say that it would smell fantastic on a woman. I think it would need a confidant man to wear this. But the rose, sugar and vanilla combination would be amazing on the right lady. I have not tried other fragrances from Mancera but after this I would like to find out more from this promising brand. An extremely strong eau de parfum which is great value for money as a little goes a long way. For me two or three sprays are enough to last most of the day. It's a good one if you can wear sweet fragrances, and like rose and vanilla.

roses vanille
beautiful sweet unisex gourmand scent fully centered on vanille toned by ethereal roses petals that makes this perfume pretty wearable even by men ,should b great on summer nights ,perfect and potent sillage and longevity on skin

Stunning!
Basically you have very sweet roses in a nice musk base. Smells like the roses were dip in a vanilla+musk cup.

A bit feminine, but can be easily used by men. I smell also a wonderful musk note when dries down.

Smells like Montale Intense Cafe and Montale Roses Musk, but this Mancera is much heavier and dense than any of those.

This has a monster projection, sillage and lasting power (over 12 hours easily). Definetely thumbs up.

Updated January 2014

Firasmalanzy 21 months ago
Very good perfume for using in winter only i think, i tried it, i can't smell any roses in it just vanille and sugar but still very good.

Popular Mancera

Lemon Line by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera Wild Leather by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Aoud Orchid by Mancera