Roses & Chocolate (2013)

Roses & Chocolate by Mancera

Roses & Chocolate is a perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Peach, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Chocolate, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesSolar note, Vanilla, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.11.2019.

7.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Roses are red, chocolate is brown
Bonjour, you smellers! Hm, actually I should rather call you snoopers, because smelling sounds as if I would call you stinkers, and as long as you don't wear a perverse perfume, I somehow don't think that you're skunks here :D

I'm coming to Mancera's Roses & Chocolate tonight. A fragrance, which certainly attracts the attention of you chocolate-loving ladies (and men, of course, too!), even with the chocolate term in the name alone. Especially now, when the days are cooler and chocolate can melt less (so it could be easier to store it at home by the kilo!). And where Christmas will soon be around the corner, where the variety of this treat will blossom and where you can't decide what to nibble on (... me!! :DD).

Well, to cut a long story short: The fragrance makes a good impression or you have the feeling that it could smell very pleasant and delicious, so let's see how it really smells!

The fragrance:
It begins with a strong scent of milk chocolate, sweet, slightly dry, but also a little powdery. In addition, the vanilla is added quickly, so that the whole thing then becomes even sweeter. I don't really smell anything of the fruity notes indicated in the top note, apparently the chocolate and vanilla overlay everything else with their intense radiance.
In the background, however, it soon begins to smell a little floral-fruity, but I'm not talking about the rose here yet, but about a general, floral scent that comes across a little bit more familiar with the chocolate. This remains so for a while until these floral (and indefinable fruity) notes fade away a little.
You can smell the roses a little better, even if the chocolate and especially the vanilla are always in the foreground. In the end, not much changes anymore, only that with time, the rose also goes back so slowly, until actually only the vanilla remains.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, because the chocolate and the vanilla radiate well for a while and are therefore quite good smellable. Thus the shelf life is also extremely good, the fragrance holds eight to ten. Actually even until the next morning, but then only the vanilla smells for a while.

The bottle:
The bottle is cylindrical and has a pink colour gradient from top to bottom. The cylindrical lid and the label are gold-plated, which looks good and goes well with the bottle. All in all, the bottle is quite beautiful, but I think it would have been a bit too simple without the gradient.

All right, what can you say about this scent? Maybe this one?

Roses are red
Chocolate is brown
You give the lady both
Are you as a man the dream

Hmm... sounds too easy to be a dream man with some roses and chocolate, doesn't it? Unfortunately, we have been living in modern times for a long time, where these clichéd things will probably only cause eye rolls. Well well, the chocolate was and still is very popular, this will be chomped by the greedy ladies forever like anything else, but roses.... I think perfumes, in particular, would rather have a bouquet of fragrances than a bouquet of flowers here, wouldn't they? You know, a bouquet of fragrance,... like a bouquet of flowers, but instead of flowers it's bottlings! Yeah, yeah, that's what you all want!

As far as the smell here goes, I think it's okay. Not unusually super, but quite nice, whereby the flowery notes in the middle part disturbed me a little, because they came across a bit too opulent and sultry for me and somehow didn't work so well together with the chocolate, but that can only be my opinion, so that you just have to try the fragrance yourself. Something tells me that you might like this fragrance much better than I do! In any case, I liked the fragrance much better from the base, because it came across more chocolaty, vanilla and soft.

Otherwise, the fragrance is rather autumnal and is suitable both for leisure and for the evening. And I must still say that I felt the smell liquid a little too greasy and/or oily, whether this was now at my sample, I cannot say however.

Well, as I said the fragrance is certainly worth a test, but make sure it doesn't make you hungry, especially now that you can see christmas treats in every corner... oh man, I should slowly think about which advent calendar with tasty content I'll get this year, he he :DD

Well, that's it again. All have a nice evening, until then :)
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Beautiful Rose Chocolate Mix
I have received a new package of selected fillings/samples. It cost me a lot, but the curiosity for some fragrances was great. I've had my eyes on mancera fragrances for quite some time now. Interesting pyramids, extremely chic flacons and for niche conditions favourable prices. One gets noble beautiful flacons in the size 60 and 120ml. 120ml cost about 120 Euro, which is relatively cheap for niche.
I chose a test of this fragrance, because the topic Roses & Chocolate sounds very exciting. Although this fragrance is listed as unisex, it is more suitable for ladies. But even men with courage could discover a great fragrance for themselves here. I was curious and wanted to test this one. Rose and chocolate, a very exciting combination.

As the name suggests, rose and chocolate are in the foreground. Anyone who has an aversion to one of these notes can write off this fragrance. I find the opening slightly musty, but this disappears quickly. I can't tell you what grade that is. Followed by fruit and bitter notes. The main protagonists of this fragrance come quickly. On the one hand a beautiful rose and on the other hand a pleasant bitter dark chocolate, quite similar to cocoa. Delicious for lovers of bitter dark chocolate. In a station wagon with rose it takes getting used to but it's really great. In the base it then becomes much softer. Gentle, slightly powdery, vanilla. Especially the base comes across extremely neat. The tart note of cocoa and rose is gently underscored by a delicate soft-sweet background. Great! All in all a great fragrance, even if the start takes getting used to.
The performance also convinces me. Shelf life is already in the double digits with me. The Sillage is good but not too overwhelming. Also this not too extreme Sillage makes it versatile applicable. Seems to me noble and not too playful and provocative. yet he has plenty of sensuality.

Especially for the ladies I can recommend this fragrance. But you should definitely test this courageous combination, which will not appeal to everyone.
4.0/10

the hunt continues...
This is a very pleasant fruity chocolate mix. It smells like what a block of milk chocolate with fruit and nut bits tastes like. On me the fruit is more obvious than the roses. Its smooth without any rough edges and doesn't have any hidden surprises during its lifetime on me. Gourmand/chocolate lovers should be very happy with this scent. I find this to be a much more realistic chocolate bar scent than Rose Rebelle, without the weird plastic note in RR and not as overwhelmingly sweet as Montale's Chocolate Greedy. Sillage is rather quiet for me and longevity moderate. After wearing a few times, I am afraid I shall pass on this, it isn't chocolate or rose enough for a full bottle.

by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Kumkat Wood by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wild Cherry by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Indian Dream by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera