Roses & Chocolate (2013)

Roses & Chocolate by Mancera

Roses & Chocolate is a perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is gourmand-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Peach, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Chocolate, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesSolar note, Vanilla, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.06.2019

10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Beautiful Rose Chocolate Mix
I have received a new package of selected fillings/samples. It cost me a lot, but the curiosity for some fragrances was great. I've had my eyes on mancera fragrances for quite some time now. Interesting pyramids, extremely chic flacons and for niche conditions favourable prices. One gets noble beautiful flacons in the size 60 and 120ml. 120ml cost about 120 Euro, which is relatively cheap for niche.
I chose a test of this fragrance, because the topic Roses & Chocolate sounds very exciting. Although this fragrance is listed as unisex, it is more suitable for ladies. But even men with courage could discover a great fragrance for themselves here. I was curious and wanted to test this one. Rose and chocolate, a very exciting combination.

As the name suggests, rose and chocolate are in the foreground. Anyone who has an aversion to one of these notes can write off this fragrance. I find the opening slightly musty, but this disappears quickly. I can't tell you what grade that is. Followed by fruit and bitter notes. The main protagonists of this fragrance come quickly. On the one hand a beautiful rose and on the other hand a pleasant bitter dark chocolate, quite similar to cocoa. Delicious for lovers of bitter dark chocolate. In a station wagon with rose it takes getting used to but it's really great. In the base it then becomes much softer. Gentle, slightly powdery, vanilla. Especially the base comes across extremely neat. The tart note of cocoa and rose is gently underscored by a delicate soft-sweet background. Great! All in all a great fragrance, even if the start takes getting used to.
The performance also convinces me. Shelf life is already in the double digits with me. The Sillage is good but not too overwhelming. Also this not too extreme Sillage makes it versatile applicable. Seems to me noble and not too playful and provocative. yet he has plenty of sensuality.

Especially for the ladies I can recommend this fragrance. But you should definitely test this courageous combination, which will not appeal to everyone.
4.0/10

the hunt continues...
This is a very pleasant fruity chocolate mix. It smells like what a block of milk chocolate with fruit and nut bits tastes like. On me the fruit is more obvious than the roses. Its smooth without any rough edges and doesn't have any hidden surprises during its lifetime on me. Gourmand/chocolate lovers should be very happy with this scent. I find this to be a much more realistic chocolate bar scent than Rose Rebelle, without the weird plastic note in RR and not as overwhelmingly sweet as Montale's Chocolate Greedy. Sillage is rather quiet for me and longevity moderate. After wearing a few times, I am afraid I shall pass on this, it isn't chocolate or rose enough for a full bottle.

by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Kumkat Wood by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Wild Cherry by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Indian Dream by Mancera