Sicily (2016)

Sicily by Mancera

Sicily is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is citrusy-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Mandarin, Bergamot, Apple, Peach, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Ylang-ylang, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, White musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.11.2019.

9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Positively surprised
Sicily can most easily be described as fruity and floral - a combination that is usually not only clichéd feminine, but unfortunately all too often tends in a direction that is too sweet. That's why I thought at the first test: The fragrance is quite nice, but rather something for women and a bit too bland. But after wearing it several times I am quite surprised how beautiful and round this creation actually is.

The fruity opening is for me only immediately after the spraying more strongly marked by the citric acid. I also have to think a little about a green, sparkling apple, but the peach seems to me to be the most dominant, which, in addition to the floral heart notes, certainly provides the more typically feminine charisma. Nevertheless, the whole thing does not remind one of an extreme fruit cocktail and can be carried just as well as a man, because the sweetness is fortunately very moderate. Besides jasmine, which Basti87 also emphasizes, I think I can still perceive nuances of ylang ylang - rose and violet, on the other hand, not, because Sicily has a bright and slightly exotic floweriness. In principle, these two facets are already present from the beginning, but only after one or two hours, when the fruity notes retreat, does the character of the fragrance shift more from the playful top note to a more serious side. In the base, the woody notes are at best an accessory, since here a clean musk gives the tone and to which a slight creaminess is added, but which Sicily never lets become pompous.

The basic concept reminds me a bit of the Aqua series by Maison Francis Kurkdjian, which I don't find bad overall, but in which the musk somehow seems too synthetic and almost penetrating to me. Aqua Universalis (Forte) is quite humorless by citrus, jasmine and said musk, Aqua Vitae (Forte) has even more creamy-floral nuances you have to like, and Aqua Celestia (Forte) changes after the refreshingly minty start into a floral direction as well. That's okay, as I said, but I think Sicily is actually much more pleasant and not very synthetic at all.

I've never been to Sicily before, but since there are also (sub-)tropical plants and various kinds of fruit on the island, Mancera's choice of name sounds quite plausible. It is also fitting that the scent remains rather close at cool temperatures, but especially in summer is very good and relatively long perceptible. Due to the good balance of the individual components, I can recommend the test to anyone and everyone who doesn't want to wear typical citrus scents for the warmer days.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Basti87
Juicy fruits with citrik and jasmine
Mancera - one of my favourite niche brands. Almost all of the tested fragrances of this brand appeal to me. I have tested many of them extensively and found them to be good to very good. In addition very fair prices with high quality. I haven't added any of that brand yet, but that might happen. I ordered a small bottling from Sicily because this fruity, fresh and flowery pyramid made me curious. In summer I like fresh-fruity scents very much, because they spread good mood.
The Mancera flacons are all very stylish and classy, and look good in any beautiful bottle collection. The bottles are all the same, the colour varies. here in noble gold. An eye-catcher. As far as I know, all Mancera fragrances are available in 60 and 120ml. Great sizes, I like better than 50 and 100. The fragrances are also very inexpensive for the quality. 120ml is usually available for just over 100 euros. Fair.

Sicily has no comment yet. What might be the reason for that? After all, it has already been released in 2016. There are some statements. Why no comment? Probably a statement is enough for most and the really big highlights are enough. Anyway, I like to be the first.
First of all, this is not a wow fragrance for me. However, this does not have to be the case with everyday summer fragrances. The task of such fragrances should be to accompany solid, fresh and clean. A good mood feeling should come up with fresh summer scents. And: Sicily fulfills this. In the beginning, juicy fruits are clearly perceptible. Which one exactly is hard to say, but this fruit mix is fun. It is accompanied by fresh and bitter grapefruit en mass. Very juicy, tangy, refreshing. What is also very present in this fragrance is jasmine. Jasmine is rather a note that I count too clearly feminine, but can also become unisex in combination with other notes. Just like here. A soft summer jasmine note that goes well with fruit and citrus. In the dry-down, musk and soft wood are added, which gently rounds off.
The really big highlights and the big wow stays off with me. Nevertheless a great companion for warm summer days, especially in everyday life. As a cheaper alternative I mention Shiseido - Rising Sun, which has a similar vibe.
The performance is quite good with a few hours and decent sillage, but like many other fresh scents not bombastic. But for a few hours you definitely have fun.
Thumbs up for that great fruity citrus jasmine fragrance

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Kumkat Wood by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wild Cherry by Mancera Indian Dream by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera