Velvet Vanilla 2016

Velvet Vanilla by Mancera
Velvet Vanilla is a popular perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Angelica, Pear, Clove, Pink pepper, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Jasmine, Neroli, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.01.2021.

Connie
Super synthetic teen scent..
Again a Mancera fragrance where the name is more than misleading. Velvet Vanilla. Aha, so velvety vanilla... Pustekuchen, or should I rather say "fruitcake"..

So, what I smell immediately after spraying. Fruit and pink bubblegum.. Vanilla zero... I immediately think of Barbie, pink clothes, pink gum and totally tasteless clothes... To an 18 year old girl who wants to look like Barbie. Her favorite color is pink, even her gum is pink....

Very juvenile and absolutely uninteresting fruit scent.... Could be any fragrance from Rossmann or DM for under 25 euros.... Vanilla smells one though in the base the last hours before Barbie says goodbye completely but typical of Mancera very synthetic and almost plastic..

This was now my last attempt with Mancera fragrances. We do not become friends.

Durability is quite all right
Floral chewing gum
So first I must say, it has never happened to me that a perfume has amazed me so!
I really smell no vanilla out at all.

The prelude starts with a floral bouquet. Roses I can definitely sniff out and another flower that brings in something tart, green/floral.
That was the first shock.
The second shock starts with the first drydown. There comes an art synthetic to it as I had not had it so far even with pink sugar. Strong chewing gum associations, without having a real gourmand character.
At this point, I have already suffered two times a shock and now we stand at this point:
- floral, floral bouquet with rose +
A green flower that brings in tart
- synthetic cheap chewing gum that only tastes good for 5 seconds and loses its taste Add to that the final shocker:
A condiment. I have no idea where it comes from.
The perfume ends up being a mish mash of floral bouquet with art synthetic bubble gum and a spice that is indefinable.
That's it.
The end.
The whole thing holds then also still bombastic firmly and has a monster sillage, so beware!

As a gourmand lover, I am sorely disappointed. I didn't get any vanilla.
But for floral gum lovers, it's something. :)
Pink childhood chewing gum
Jasmine, neroli, tuberose, musk are very, very popular notes of mine. But I simply perceive nothing but a catastrophic gum synthetic. :( Pity, I had a different idea about the scent.
Tuberose Vanilla Bomb
Some american youtubers had aroused my interest and so I finally could not resist...

In essence, Mancera delivers a tuberose/vanilla fragrance that is definitely suitable for men. The prerequisite is that you like floral, or men can also turn to the feminine unisex side.

However there are two thick exclamation marks:

1. Performance and silage are a hammer. So boys, two sprayers on the chest and in warm weather probably spray even softer and deeper!

2. At least for me, the vanilla finish is a touch too sweet. Here too: test it. Who definitely wears only masculine will certainly not want to buy blind here. Should Mancera get the drydown under control it would be a really great unisex scent
The bottle is nothing special, but has a nice tint and the sprayer gives a good result.

To the scents:

I can't smell any fruit from the top notes. Angelica with a slight background noise - I guess pepper. It's good, but it will soon be over.

Then comes the best part for me: a rose, jasmine and tubersoe mix. Pleasantly soft and fresh. Flowery. At the transition to the base notes you have tuberose and vanilla and much much later a sweet vanilla musk scent. The latter is not quite mine but acceptable. Here it also becomes rather powdery
The freshness of the heart notes is very pleasant. I think I'm standing in the synthetic rose garden :) Unfortunately the transition from heart to base notes is a horror. I really must force myself not to rush into the shower... as if that would have a purpose with Mancera^^ This phase fortunately lasts only a few minutes and reminds me of a powdery atomic mushroom. Then vanilla bliss sets in again. A powdery background noise constantly accompanies the scent but this transitional phase... here Mancera really has to give it another go.

It was my first blind purchase and it's fine. I will certainly test Mancera again since P/L seems to be ok. My better half also likes to sniff when I put on the Velvet Vanilla
Mancera is synthetic and you can smell it. Slightly unbalanced and certainly not comparable with components from a Tom Ford or other niches. But with hammer performance and a little bit cheaper. Currently ~9h on the fragrance, the clock is ticking :) Time jump: Also the next day... still available as Skin Scent and the clothes smell enormously...

Personally, I can imagine wearing the fragrance all year round, except in summer. However, it will not become a signature fragrance and will remain a nice to have addition in the budget range
DonJuanDeCat
Again a vanilla scent, but a very nice one! So read this commi here!!! :D
Hello, scented people! I hope, you are well, so that you can have a look into one of my commis here :)
Today we are talking about the fragrance "Velvet Vanilla" by Mancera. So, normally only the term vanilla should attract you, because it seems to be one of the absolute favorite fragrances of all women, or at least of most of them.

Yes, that's so! If I should dare to talk to a girl and ask her about her favourite fragrance, the answer is usually either "vanilla" or sometimes a "Ööööh, I don't know! Coconut?" (hm, but they don't know the terrible, FURCHTBAREN scent "We Love NY - Love Coco"! :DD
But of course you're perfumers here now, so you already know a few fragrances as "normal fragrance carriers", which suggests that you probably already know quite a few vanilla fragrances. Which of course means that you might not be interested in this comment anymore, because you already found some great vanilla scents for you long ago... *sigh* I'm trying hard to write all this stuff down here, and then it won't even be read *sigh again*
I should really only write statements in the future, he he :D

But well, I have already started to write and talk, so I type down the description of the fragrance...

The fragrance:
As if one had not already expected it, the fragrance begins with a strong vanilla :D
In the background I smell a nice, citric note. I was thinking of lemons here, but they seem to be more like mandarins. Angelica gives off a further, strongly sweet fragrance, but in contrast to powdery vanilla it is of course more floral. Cloves and pink pepper I hardly notice, it can be that these scents at the beginning provide for a tiny little "Spicy" note, but somehow they disappear quickly again.
A little later I add a sweet fragrance with the jasmine, as well as with the tuberoses, where I can smell the jasmine a little better. Vanilla remains quite intense and powdery, I'm not sure about Angelika later, because it seems to mix too much with the other floral scents, so that from the heart on you notice a general, but beautiful, sweet-floral scent. The initial, citric scents fade away, but with the Neroli one still smells a slightly orange-like scent, but of course more floral. I can hardly smell roses, by the way.
A little later I smell best the vanilla, angelica and neroli out with a remnant of sweet floral notes. Towards the end it only smells like vanilla. First you smell the vanilla for a few hours with a nice, fruity touch in the background, but after a few more hours only powdery and sweet like all other vanilla fragrances.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite intensive, so that one is wrapped in a larger scent cloud, which can also smell others very well for a longer period of time. The shelf life is extremely long, because it smells of vanilla on the next day and for a long time on the arm.

The bottle:
The bottle is cylindrical and has a beautiful colour gradient from pink to clear, transparent glass. On the front you can see a long golden label with the fragrance name and logo. The lid is also gold-plated and cylindrical. It has decorative notches and is slightly sloping inwards on the upper side. All in all a very nice bottle.

Soo, that was Velvet Vanilla. I found the fragrance very beautiful and also very feminine. It is delicate, but nevertheless strong radiating, however without crushing (of course only if one does not exaggerate it extremely with the dosage). As I said he is very feminine for me, and instead of being unisex he would look good to you ladies. One could use it as an excellent (and of course tastier, he he :D) fragrance, preferably in autumn and winter.

Hm... some here think that the scent is quite similar to Guerlain's Angelique Noire. I don't remember the scent of Guerlain so well, but I think that the Guerlain had a stronger and heavier scent, especially after Angelica than it is the case here. I think that both fragrances are very nice fragrances and therefore both are worth trying.

Well, I'm done with that again for today! I hope you have actually read the Kommi and that all the trouble here was not FREE OF CHARGE!!! Argh, you don't want me to just write statements, do you??? :DD

Well then, I wish you all a nice evening, and see you next time (hopefully :D)!

Mancera-velvet vanilla
This is the creamiest tuberose i have even tried,a very complex scent with amaxing longevity and sillage.Oh did i mention the bottle?Wow just wow,im obsessed.I would say it would be appropriate for all seasons but keep in mind as it is a bit of a moster,spray maximum twice in summer and spring.

GorgiaGorgia 1 year ago
Bubblegum and tuberose in a sugary fragrance that I shouldn't like but actually find completely addictive. Candy store of dreams

Popular Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera So Blue by Mancera Choco Violette by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera