Wild Cherry (2016)

Wild Cherry by Mancera

Wild Cherry is a perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack cherry, Bergamot, Calabrian lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Sumatra patchouli, Heliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk, Madagascan vanilla

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 08.01.2019

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Sundays with the Kirsch-Marzipan-Stollen on the Kuschel-Couch
This moment, when you enter one of Munich's niche perfumeries as part of a perfumery meeting and the staff recognizes most of your noses as soon as you enter it and knows that today you can hardly take a stab against this pack of nose-pickers. One sees one or the other lady's despair and resignation beaten in the face, but one defends oneself honestly and tries to help as far as one can help. Salvation comes when one or the other perfume appears at the checkout with the intention to buy: One tries to remember what is bought in order to have at least a hint of a chance at the next visit to make correct recommendations:

I was told at the checkout, beaming with joy:
"Wild Cherry! Your wife will be happy!"
"Nope, it's for me!" Cheshire cat high three.
"No kidding, are you?!"
This stunned look alone was worth the reduced 60 Euro to me.

I have to say, I test rather wildly. Sometimes by the colour of the bottle, sometimes by the brand, sometimes by the name of the perfume, which appeals to me. Somehow I felt like fruit again. Wild Cherry is already a great name, I like to eat cherries, but I am not even remotely conclusive whether I want to smell like that. And neither the golden cardboard nor the bottle in black and gold leopard look, which always reminds me of Peggy Bundy's leggings, appeal to me very much. But, as is so often the case, life depends primarily on inner values.

And the first time I spray, I immediately have to remember that I tested this fragrance before. This scent is not easily forgotten, especially as the composition of the chords is not very often to be found. First of all, the cherries beat you to death. There's not much nature in it. Everyone will be able to awaken a little different childhood memories, for me it is a really sweet mixture of Hubba-Bubba cherry, Cool-Aid cherry, doughnuts filled with cherry jelly, Dr. Pepper cherry and the good Maraschino cherries from the ice cream parlour. That sounds anything but healthy, but it's unreasonably delicious. It's easy to add paper-sweet notes of all kinds of sugar delicacies paired with almonds and vanilla. Thanks to the cherry I quickly think of all sorts of delicacies from Italy, but the most sticky thing in my brain is the idea of a Dresden marzipan stollen, garnished on top of the icing sugar with Maraschino cherries and the rest of the syrup from the glass tipped over. And as many children prefer to do, the cherry has to be the first one to get it. Unfortunately, the fruity half-life is also reached here after a good hour. But almonds, marzipan and vanilla continue to stick and won't let you go for the rest of the day.

Yes, no, a masculine scent sounds and above all smells different. And I'm not sure how many women I want to smell like that. Even in my wife, Wild Cherry is too much of a good thing for me. Not because it's so wild, but because it's just bickert-siass, as they like to say in the Alps. But I like the smell of it on me. It envelops me softly, provides absolute well-being like in aromatherapy.

It's the scent of the weekend, with which I lounge deep into the corner of my couch, together with a good book, a pot of green tea and a cuddly blanket, and hide everything else around me. With this fragrance I will be all mine for the rest of the day.

I gave this picture to my friendly perfumery salesgirl on my next visit to the perfumery, she sprayed the scent on herself, closed her eyes for a moment, then began to grin knowingly and then said: "Yes, that's her scent!"

by RR1
by RR1

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Kumkat Wood by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Wild Cherry by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Indian Dream by Mancera