Wild Leather 2014

Wild Leather by Mancera
Wild Leather is a perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Violet, Indonesian patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Oakmoss, Gaiac wood, White musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 13.01.2021.

Wild alcoholic Leather
Admittedly, I had already written a comment for this, but as a completely new perfume, there were and still are weaker comments, especially from my early days. I made less effort, that's the simple reason. And now I can't avoid to write a revision every now and then. Especially when a fragrance is worth to be described more intensively. Wild Leather by Mancera is one such. And this although I do smell some similarities to Cuir Absolu, my leathery nightmare. But where it smells like apricots and for me like spoilage, the prelude of Wild Leather goes in the direction of the bar. Leather jacket on, off to the next dive and spilling high-proof stuff on the jacket and we are not only talking about a drink. This is the smell of the beginning. Very individual, very intense and not for everyone The rose note comes through in the slipstream, I find this beautiful and repulsive at the same time, but I wouldn't want to miss this facet either. So we stay a good distance. At some point, all these oppressive notes disappear and a round leather smell remains. First a kind of ombre leather in less styled, sinfully expensive
Leather. Then it becomes more tangy and leathery, but still slightly alcohol-impregnated. So the longer the perfume lasts, the better and rounder it gets from moment to moment, but it remains rough With all my love I don't claim that the beginning fascinates me and that I like the chose. No, this strict leather, intensively dripping with alcohol, with rose blossoms and the patchouli, that is heavy and I am glad when the phase is over. Because those who endure it will be rewarded.
Now the question arises, of course, when do you wear something like that? Well, before Corona also in the office but due to the traffic I also drive 90 minutes to my workplace. So I spare my colleagues the phase of alcohol poisoning. But at home I wear it with care as well. I like to spray myself more intensively, this also applies to fragrances such as Interlude, Tobacco Oud etc. There is no saving, there are no two or three sprayers. (A short story on the side when Habit Rouge was on and was not sprayed too close; my wife just asked: why does it smell so old here? That's me, baby!)
At the Mancera, however, I abstain from extensive perfume showers. That's not really how it's done here. Unless I want to sleep on the couch
Wild, Wild, Wild Leather
I was looking for a fragrance that would offer something different. Of the various leather fragrances from my collections, this one is the "wildest".
And his name also matches what's in the bottle, which is not always the case.

On my skin, the beginning consists of a hardcore patchouli bomb, nice and dry, earthy and spicy. You or your wife have to endure this for about 30 minutes before the mossy leather slowly comes out of its cover. Many fragrances that give you a certain amount of clap at the beginning get a little rounder in the drydown. Wild Leather remains wild, tart, dry and develops almost no sweetness. With its animalistic dark green note it could also be a fragrance of the 80s.

Every now and then a hint of Jil Sander Man Pure gets into my nose, but without the soapy/powdery from JS. The shelf life is extremely good, 8 hours without replenishment and the sillage is not bad either. For me a successful fragrance of the French brand, although I prefer other leather scents.

Greetings to all. Patrick ;-)

Carlitos01
Wild boys always shine in leather jackets
[short review]
Balkan rose and tanned leather in a soft amber background. This is the simple description of the strong impression this fragrance made on me.
It is an earthy, animalic, leathery perfume, with smoke and tar ... It looks like a Schwarzenegger film in a bottle of Mancera. Is it a unisex perfume? You wish ... It is really an explosive scent of a very masculine leather!
This perfume follows the trail of other leather fragrances. The world of leathers must be one of the most heterogeneous in perfumery because, even if at least slightly alike, they all end up being different. In this perfume I am grateful for the fact that it does not have a strong sweet raspberry opening as it seems to be the trend in other more well-known leather fragrances. Here we find a less sweet environment, with a more pungent leather, more closer to the cooperage exit than to the emblematic luxury goods store ambiance. It's easier to imagine this perfume as used by wild boys in leather jackets, in a smoky bar and with more than a couple of Harleys parked by the entrance, than in a fancy dinner event with all men wearing tuxedos.
The drydown is very long, ambery, woody, smooth, velvety and a bit sweet. Nevertheless a leather vibe is kept till the end. The performance is huge with a very big longevity (more than 10 hours with 3 sprays), the sillage is above average with up to 6~8 feet radius, and the projection lasts for about 2.5 hours. Even without the sweet touch and with the animalic, tarry and smoky vibes, the fragrance is never annoyant or cloying. Animalic, earthy, smoky scents haters may co-exist within this fragrance scent influence or proximity.
Will you get a lot of compliments? This is a leather fragrance. It's only a fantastic scent for leather lovers. For the other people it will be probably just Ok, and leather haters may reject it. Assuming this fragrance as more masculine than unisex, and if you are a man, ladies will look at you and will smell a bold and adventurous guy and not a sweet sexy, educated, gentle flirter. Nerds will hate or envy you.... but probably you prefer the Indiana Jones image better :-)
Do I recommend it? Yes if you are into a not sweet bold fragrance with a strong leather note. Don't be afraid of being a "wild boy" once in a while. This fragrance is a bit underrated in my opinion.

Music: Duran Duran - "The Wild Boys"

Amazon1975Amazon1975 9 months ago
Fruity citrus opening with a bitterness that dries to a smokey tarry accord....I don't get a huge leather accord...this is a strange one.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Earthy, tarry, smoky, animalic, leathery... Schwarzenegger in a Mancera bottle. Unisex? You wish... It's really a masculine gem!
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
"Wild" in Indeed: after a very short start with citric and floral notes transforms into a tarry, smoky, almost biting leather.

by Freshdennis
by Freshdennis
by Psotka
by Psotka
by MrC0rnells
by MrC0rnells

Popular Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Sicily by Mancera So Blue by Mancera Choco Violette by Mancera Velvet Vanilla by Mancera