Wind Wood 2014

Wind Wood by Mancera
Wind Wood is a perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Pink pepper, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Oakmoss, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Amber, Leather, White musk

Submitted by medicine, last update on 24.11.2020.

Worth the money!
I have read some reviews about this perfume and I have ordered a sample of it (2ml).
At the beginning it didn't really convince me, as other people said it seems as a designer fragrance in the opening...similar to many other cheaper ones.
But after few mins this perfumes gets more interesting and smells more refined than all the other similar fragrances.
One of the factors which made me purchase a 60ml bottle was that the dry down of this perfume is amazing. I mean i love it, it s sophisticated and warming, pure class. And it seems a bit like the dry down of Bleu de Chanel (I got the perfume version), which I also love.

Performance is not one of those factors, because I realized quite soon this is not a beast (as other Manceras).
The first 2 hours you have a moderate projection, around 40/50 cm. After 4/5 hours it gets close to the skin (where it stays for 3/4 hours more), so you definitely need to apply some of it on your clothes where it can project and be detected for a bit longer (1/2 hrs).

All in all, this definitely is worth the money you pay for a niche perfume. It's nothing like a new ground breaking fragrance, but it s a very well made and very refined perfume.

Niche Crowd Pleaser
A mainstream offering from Mancera, but done quite well. Most music artists need at least 1 club hit on their album, I'm getting that concept here. Creed Aventus? Roja Elysium?

I am trying to wrap my head around the olfactory class. I don't detect enough leather to classify it as such. It's actually rather clean. More than I imagined before my first spritz. Fresh, green, woody, mossy with floral whispers. I understand the connection made between DSquared He Wood and Mancera's Wind Wood, but I was thrown further back to Animale's Temptation for Men but with elevated quality. This fragrance is gender neutral, but at times gives an impression of a modern men's "cologne".

The projection and longevity factor is excellent, which is to be expected from this house. For those of you who don't know, Mancera and Montale Paris are one and the same. If you're looking for a crowd pleaser from a niche house, this is an option worthwhile.

Hidden Gem
Notes: Mandarin, Pink Pepper, Green Notes, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Amber, Leather and White Musk

Wind Wood opening is not one of my favorites but as the fragrance settles this becomes more enjoyable. I was not able to pick up leather in this fragrance but Cedar Wood, Violet, Vetiver and hints of Amber are definitely detected. This does project pretty well. This also reminds me of Green Irish Tweed but don't consider this a clone any means, overall a pretty good clean, woody fragrance.
Challenge accepted!
Mancera's Wind Wood was really not a simple perfume for me. I was looking for a successor to my long-time Paradeduft - Ralph Lauren's Polo Explorer. He hasn't been around in a while. As my bottle drew to a close, I began to search the net for replacements. On Fragrantica I found few similarities, but there were a few (2) voices that equated the Explorer with Wind Wood - otherwise nothing.

I was faced with the choice of spending 150 bucks on a Restposten Explorer or trying the Wind Wood. It turned out that he was available at a reduced price on the net - 120 ml for almost 75 euros. All right, if you don't dare, you don't win - bought! - on the floor! - and... well, who of you knows the English term "cloying"? It was warm, I was careful - two sprayers on the chest under the shirt. Manometer! - the air stayed away! Aggressive-grassy (green notes and vetiver) with stuffy (cloying) violet. In shock I ordered the Resterampen-Explorer for 150 Teuros.

But took a while until the Explorer was there (came from Spain). Until then, I thought, I'd give the 75 Euro Würgreiz another chance! It was hot again. A single timid sprayer on the chest - shirt buttoned up. Choke! But then, after 2-3 hours paralyzed on the armchair from the depths of my section blows an unexpectedly fascinating cool breath through the steppe forest (my three-day beard). Wind Wood indeed! Not so bad at all. Suddenly it was hours later! All right - what you've learned. The perfumer (Pierre Montale) knows what he's doing! For the archive: the only similarity is the mandarin, which disappears in both cases after five (or so) seconds. The leather would still be there - but that can neither be smelled by one nor by the other.

Expectations are the great self-deception manoeuvre in the world of fragrances. By the way, you can also buy - think of a bottling from the souk or relevant dealers! But if you can work for something, and don't run back to the airport at the first unexpected haze in uncharted territory, then you'll find something new - Explorer! Since then it is with me with the wind Wood of Mancera like a march by the savannah to the spring. I haven't quite arrived yet, but I have opened a door to the previously hated floral world of fragrance. Don't be prejudiced! Take a chance on something! If it is not possible then there is still the souk on this page.

by Ovaissaleem
by Sarungal
by Sarungal

Popular Mancera

Red Tobacco by Mancera Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Black Gold by Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera Instant Crush by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Aoud Café by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera Velvet Vanilla by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera So Blue by Mancera Wild Leather by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera