Wind Wood (2014)

Wind Wood by Mancera

Wind Wood is a perfume by Mancera for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Pink pepper, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Oakmoss, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Amber, Leather, White musk

Submitted by medicine, last update on 07.07.2019

8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

Challenge accepted!
Mancera's Wind Wood was really not a simple perfume for me. I was looking for a successor to my long-time Paradeduft - Ralph Lauren's Polo Explorer. He hasn't been around in a while. As my bottle drew to a close, I began to search the net for replacements. On Fragrantica I found few similarities, but there were a few (2) voices that equated the Explorer with Wind Wood - otherwise nothing.

I was faced with the choice of spending 150 bucks on a Restposten Explorer or trying the Wind Wood. It turned out that he was available at a reduced price on the net - 120 ml for almost 75 euros. All right, if you don't dare, you don't win - bought! - on the floor! - and... well, who of you knows the English term "cloying"? It was warm, I was careful - two sprayers on the chest under the shirt. Manometer! - the air stayed away! Aggressive-grassy (green notes and vetiver) with stuffy (cloying) violet. In shock I ordered the Resterampen-Explorer for 150 Teuros.

But took a while until the Explorer was there (came from Spain). Until then, I thought, I'd give the 75 Euro Würgreiz another chance! It was hot again. A single timid sprayer on the chest - shirt buttoned up. Choke! But then, after 2-3 hours paralyzed on the armchair from the depths of my section blows an unexpectedly fascinating cool breath through the steppe forest (my three-day beard). Wind Wood indeed! Not so bad at all. Suddenly it was hours later! All right - what you've learned. The perfumer (Pierre Montale) knows what he's doing! For the archive: the only similarity is the mandarin, which disappears in both cases after five (or so) seconds. The leather would still be there - but that can neither be smelled by one nor by the other.

Expectations are the great self-deception manoeuvre in the world of fragrances. By the way, you can also buy - think of a bottling from the souk or relevant dealers! But if you can work for something, and don't run back to the airport at the first unexpected haze in uncharted territory, then you'll find something new - Explorer! Since then it is with me with the wind Wood of Mancera like a march by the savannah to the spring. I haven't quite arrived yet, but I have opened a door to the previously hated floral world of fragrance. Don't be prejudiced! Take a chance on something! If it is not possible then there is still the souk on this page.

by Sarungal
by Sarungal

Popular Mancera

Cedrat Boise by Mancera Lemon Line by Mancera Aoud Cafe by Mancera Roses Vanille by Mancera Sand Aoud by Mancera Roses & Chocolate by Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud by Mancera Wave Musk by Mancera Aoud Blue Notes by Mancera Red Tobacco by Mancera Black Prestigium by Mancera Black Line by Mancera Roses Greedy by Mancera Black to Black by Mancera Kumkat Wood by Mancera Wind Wood by Mancera Aoud Vanille by Mancera Wild Cherry by Mancera Sicily by Mancera Indian Dream by Mancera