Roses Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Mancera

Lasagne
08.11.2017 - 09:31 AM
Very helpful Review

True to it's name

A perfume that will definitely thrill all the lovers of gourmand type of scents, provided that they are fond of the rose accords as well… A very elegant note of the queen of flowers which in this perfume -thank heavens - is not cloying, but sings in a pretty loud duet with the vanilla, both on a stage paved with cotton candy. My tolerance levels for the rose notes in perfumes is not very high and, though there are some rose-centered perfume artwork that I like very much and adore, that note is not among the ones that I fancy a lot. On the other hand my skin has a tendency to emphasize the warm and sweet notes, and after a rather pleasant opening, and some hour and a half past that, the rose gets toned down a bit, while everything else becomes even sweeter.

Around the same time the musk appears and this is the moment when I draw the line, when I cannot take it anymore. A soft rose, light but omnipresent and enveloping vanilla, a ton of sugar and soft musk lasts for hours on my skin. I can feel it clearly on my skin even the day after.

This is a very long lasting scent, when you see the oily patch on your skin after applying you know what you’re dealing with. It creates a good aura and it is nice to feel wafts of it here and there from somewhere close by - say on a young, positive and cheerful female. For the ones among you that fit the description and the ones that just feel like that - Roses Vanilla is highly recommended. This is where it would shine, as it is definitely a perfume of positive vibrations and good times.

Even though I consider myself to be a Mancera fan, being of the opinion that their creations are quite interesting, I have to say that this is the first one that I actually do not like, even though I tried to like it and gave it many second chances. We had coffee together in the morning, went for walks later in the evening, even spent some time at work with each other, we did not click. We parted ways calmly, in good faith of new acquaintances.

Latest Reviews

LasagneLasagne 1 year ago
Herod - Parfums de Marly

Herod No king's lunacy, just royal attitude
Because of the kindness of some of the community members some time ago, when I made it my focus to experience the tobacco/vanilla combos, I have managed to get the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and Phaedon Tabac Rouge samples, probably...

LasagneLasagne 4 years ago
Divin'Enfant - Etat Libre d'Orange

Divin'Enfant Scent of an unfulfilled dream
Among the few of the ELDO’s that I have sampled so far, this one is a winner when it comes to the longevity and aura. A very comfortable blend of soft tobacco scent with some sweet powder and a lot of tonka - but I like it. The opening...