Let's Travel to New York for Man (2017)

Let's Travel to New York for Man by Mandarina Duck

Let's Travel to New York for Man is a popular perfume by Mandarina Duck for men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Angelini Beauty.

Jacques Huclier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Carrot seed
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Orris root
Base Notes Base NotesCoumarin, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.12.2019.

9.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Mr. Duck Bathes into Powdery Water
Close your eyes and let your mind fly away for a moment... you are inside an iconic yellow cab while you tour New York City. The cab’s windows reflect the astonishing New York skyline, The Empire State Building or the Chrysler Building just to mention a few, and the background is lit up with Times Square billboards, dazzling lights and neon signs painting the skyscrapers’ silhouettes. There you are! Let's Travel to New York resembles all of those sweet dreams and takes you to the liveliness energy of this city that never sleeps.

By the way, I woke up this morning with M. Duck Let's Travel to Paris on my mind. The weather was so-so, the sky was pale and cloudy, and a crisp breeze was gently blowing. Thus, I took my morning shower, had my breakfast, and got dressed ready to go to the office... just quite a few whiffs of scent to complete my outfit. After a while, I was sitting in my car and driving to the office and I smelt a pleasant powdery and creamy note, and I wondered who or what was scenting like that... since I was on my own in the car it could only be my scent. Ouch, it was so damn good, but you know what... I suddenly realized it couldn't be Let's Travel to Paris, which is supposed to be an aromatic-fougére, rather I must be mistaken and sprayed Let's Travel to New York, which is unquestionably an oriental-fougére. Of course. it doesn't matter, perhaps it does not fit this season... let's see how it performs on a late springtime day.

To start with, Let's Travel to NYC begins with luxurious bergamot, just a bit of airy lavender, and enough carrot seeds to add fruity and powdery tones. Interesting, carrot seed essential oil comes from wild carrot seeds, it doesn't come from the carrots we eat. It is a rooty, iris-like note with earthy and woody facets. The mixture results really agreeably powdery.

At the heart comes an avant-garde flower blend of freesia and orris. While the freesia delivers the flowery touch to the scent, the orris root pushes the scent towards a more mellow and powdery facet, yet remaining in the masculine territory. The powderiness is however far away from Dior Homme and ain't no lipstick effect here, yet it is closely alike to baby powder that I don't mind, but that’s a subject not everyone is comfortable with. The heart is so smooth, classic, and comforting that I can't take my nose off of it, and reveals sophisticated floral notes which reminds the most exclusive and elegant facet of the upper-east side and its prestigious atmosphere.

The intense, warm base is made by a combination of noble and addictive woods like the enticing charm of the city. The blue cedar, the creamy sandalwood, and the coumarin whose aromas resemble the scent of fresh-cut hay altogether blend with the powderiness of the heart, with an intense temperament, like NYC.

The scent on my skin has average longevity, surely 6-8 hours, and the projection is moderate and close to the skin after 1 hour or so. In my opinion, it performs well in cool/warm weather, thus both sprint and fall seasons are appropriate for wearing it.

Let's Travel to New York is closely akin to YSL l'Homme, they share the same vibe, from the opening throughout the dry down, even though few notes differ in the two compositions.

-Elysium

by Butzi
by Butzi

Popular Mandarina Duck

Pure Black by Mandarina Duck Mandarina Duck Man by Mandarina Duck Mandarina Duck by Mandarina Duck Rouge Intense by Mandarina Duck Scarlet Rain by Mandarina Duck Let's Travel to Paris for Man by Mandarina Duck All of Me for Her by Mandarina Duck Cool Black by Mandarina Duck Cute Pink by Mandarina Duck Cute Blue by Mandarina Duck Let's Travel to New York for Woman by Mandarina Duck All of Me for Him by Mandarina Duck Black Extreme by Mandarina Duck Let's Travel to Paris for Woman by Mandarina Duck Blue by Mandarina Duck Let's Travel To Miami for Man by Mandarina Duck Black & Red by Mandarina Duck M+ by Mandarina Duck Let's Travel To Miami for Woman by Mandarina Duck Oh Bella by Mandarina Duck