B683 2016Eau de Parfum

B683 (Eau de Parfum) by Marc-Antoine Barrois
B683 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Marc-Antoine Barrois for men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-leathery. It is still in production.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper, Saffron, Chili, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf, Amber, Cistus absolute, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Ambroxan

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.12.2020.

B683 marc-antoine barrois
B683 was the prequel to 2019's Ganymede and the first fragrance release from Marc-Antoine Barrois.
I find there is an interesting connection between the two scents, and please let me know your thoughts if you have tried them.

Like cooking without spices
Review: Totty was banned from Wolles Eleven and successfully reintroduced himself as a Mexican motorcyclist. But that was not enough for him. He was looking for revenge. Wool should feel his anger. He should realize what it means to be robbed of your leather robe, which is almost equal to your own soul or at least the last crate of beer on a Sunday when all gas stations were closed.
For this he devised a clever plan, he only waited for the package B683. Just the doorbell rang and of course the package was there. He laughed confusedly and fiddled around with his wool vodoo doll. The clou was that there was no needle but a small beer crate which he removed from the doll's hand. Since then, wool has regularly been sitting on dry land.
Now he wanted to lure the crowd drunk but that didn't work because the Herne gang was already limited very early. So he laid a trail of beer drops from Wolle's house to the place where he had stretched the rope to catch Wool and bring it to his dungeon. The dungeon was the cellar, all in pink plush, but nobody had to know that. So he blindfolded wool.
"Where am I here? What's going on?"
"Well... that's what happens when you leave out Totty the Great. You'll be free when I get back in the gang."
"Never! You betrayed us by using unleaded scents! And the flames that flared up when you threw in your club underwear only suggested that it was being washed more often! Betrayal!"
"Okay you asked for it! Take that!"
Totty handed wool a test strip with B683.
"Oh, my God, what is this? Get it off! It smells like a dirty leather rag that has squashed plums."
"B683", Totty grinned, giggled and sprayed wool five times. "You know what you have to do."
"N-n-never..."
"I'll read you what's in it, see what it's really like, ha-ha-ha-ha!"
After Totty had read everything, Wool groaned. "There's no pepper, it's much too weak, no pungency, no seasoning. And saffron with leather... well, I don't notice anything here. It only smells of plums on weak leather...that's supposed to be violets? What have they done to it...I...can hardly stand it...but you will never join us again..."
"Whatever you say. The finish is getting more and more sweet-sandalwood but very dull. Let's see what happens when I pour this into your beer "NO!!!! You win, we take you back but leave me the innocent little bottles alone."
One week later Totty was ceremonially reinstated and was again a proud member of the dangerous Herne motorcycle crew with the drunken dolphin in their coat of arms. When Wool hesitated briefly at the handing over of the robe, Totty let the bottle of B683 flash from his trouser pocket whereupon Wool became completely different.

-----------------

B683 is actually only mediocre, as it lacks any finesse, without wanting to offend anyone. The scent is linear but very bland. The leather is only faintly accentuated, pretty much every other note doesn't come through at all except this slightly sweet plumy note and after a few hours the sandalwood; also fragile. But one thing you have to keep in mind, there are far more penetrating plums with leather scents.
Jarmara7th
From top to bottom or down
From top to bottom or downwards, that means that B683 starts well but then unfortunately slackens a little towards the base.
But now from the beginning:
B683...unusual name, sounds like a chemical lab, test series, prototype or something scientific. But it's not. After a short research in the net the solution of the riddle is found, Mr. Barrois alludes to the name of the planet of the Little Prince (well-known children's book). So B683 is supposed to be the fragrance planet of Barrois or something similar...well, the explanation of the name so far. Does not arouse any emotions and so I continue with the fragrance:
Start after spraying 1 splash each behind the ears and 2 on the wrist, SPICY and LEATHER. Wow, a flattering force from mom's spice rack and dad's old briefcase tickles my nose. The saffron sticks out a little bit more than the pepper but it doesn't get too prickly and fortunately I don't have to sneeze. The leather that is probably produced by the violet is relatively velvety for my impression. This spectacle keeps well in a small cloud around me for the first half hour. The cloud is present but does not kill anyone. Very pleasant and also not too obtrusive. Little by little the overall impression becomes rounder, the spicy one warps a little and a slightly sweet fruity note joins the leather. That loosens up the whole thing somehow and presents everything a little rounder. From the heart note on I feel the fragrance to be relatively angular and soft anyway. A light touch of bittersweet medicine resonates in the background, maybe the labdanum. Reminds me quite remotely of Antaeus...such an interplay of cistus leather and medicine. And unfortunately, the part that is not as great as the previous one comes along...a slightly dextrose-bitter ambroxan note is pushed through and that's it. That remains with me with a hint of suede until the end after about 6 hours and B683 has faded away.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the scent and can imagine wearing it regularly but after the great start, the rather ordinary smelling ambrox bed at the base is a little disappointing. If something more original had come along, I would have given at least 9 points. But in the end it is only a spice suitable for everyday use with a short WOW-effect. The overall impression of the Sillage was not too bad, but I don't think the fragrance has to be taken into account in a negative way, because it is sometimes pleasant if you don't hit everyone in the surrounding area with your perfume olfactorically on the twelve. It's definitely worth trying if you like leather and spice, but whether it's worth its price is another question.
Today it has accompanied me nicely through a few hours of the day and if it were cheaper, it might even be worth buying.
But B683 will not land on my planet for the time being
4.5

Dullsville.
Top notes of Glossy Advertisement Photo Of Handsome Man At Business Meeting hit you like a brick at first, but after dry down there's a bit of Reagan Era Dinner Party Absolute milling about. Moderate sillage.

It’s VERY classical. Nothing unique here, it smells like what an alien would think “cologne” must be like after studying human magazine ads from afar. I guess if you need one in the rotation for extended family get togethers or forced fraternization work events, you could do worse. Inoffensive.

From a female perspective
Well, I guess the scent must have fallen off the masters of creation. What I find remarkable is that the commentator likes the prelude and the rest fails, but in a statement the result is exactly the opposite.

But I like it well and not only as a men's fragrance. I also can't perceive any fruits or sweaty spices, but I do notice clean, tangy, dark leather, subtle patchouli and a pinch of black pepper. That it's not fresh from the mill doesn't bother me, at least it doesn't make me sneeze, but it gives the perfume a silver-grey hue. On the bottom line, I even find B683 elegant - as long as you don't expect elegance to be synonymous with femininity. That's definitely unisex.

Now we can speculate again whether the scent has a different effect on female skin or whether my scent taste is just extraordinary. I would definitely wear B683, but for once I don't find the synthetics disturbing and would have liked to give it a different name. Harsher than many of the current men's fragrances, I recommend the perfume to ladies who like safari, cabochard or similar scents

TombbbTombbb 1 month ago
Definitely has Ganymede's DNA, but much more tame. An extremely elegant and refined mix of citric, musk, amber, and patchouli notes.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
A fresh, modern, elegant and spicy leather. I get violet leaf, musk and a nice ambroxan. Quite linear but good. Should be less expensive.
BarbalixBarbalix 6 months ago
This is 1:1 Le Galion Aesthete on steroids. A very deep, mature and rich scent for special occasions for colder weather, for grew up men.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 7 months ago
A good modern leather scent with lots of Violets and spices! IMO, better than his hyped young brother Ganymede. Masculine and refined. 4/5
LasagneLasagne 2 years ago
One of the most elegant male leather fragrances, certainly adored by the Kouros & Fahrenheit fans! Loving it!

There's light at the end of the tunnel. And we will fly again.
by Lucasai