Ganymede by Marc-Antoine Barrois
Top 87 in Unisex Perfume
Ganymede is a popular perfume by Marc-Antoine Barrois for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesItalian mandarin orange, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Osmanthus absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAkigalawood®, Immortelle absolute

Submitted by SirLancelot, last update on 10.04.2021.

MalinLinnea
Ganymede, Ganymede - who are you?
The question could also be "to be or not to be?". In Ganymede by Marc-Antoine Barrois sound at first sight citrus accords (here mandarin) closely followed and quickly replaced by the smell of noble woods and well-groomed thick smooth leather (even if it is not explicitly mentioned in the fragrance pyramid).

Associations of a hotel lobby in the leather chairs, a British club (rather for men than for women) or a new car flare up.

Ganymede is not a delicately flattering or seductive fragrance, it is present - self-confident, but also restrained, powerful, yet always very stylish, somewhat snobbish, with quiet determination the room and the olfactory memory for itself.

Whether you like it or not, he remains in the memory.

For me, a.fragrance for men who know what they want or a - and this is in no way meant pejoratively - first-class, expensive room perfume that exudes style and cultivated hospitality and a house with an. exceptional fragrance shine
Insa
Arrive at the hotel in the evening and inhale the fragrance
Okay awesome! A thousand times better than I thought. Got me the bottling because of a video of Leniscents.
Actually, I'm currently trying not to buy so much perfume, but I did not know yet. The brand also not and the was so praised and here so well reviewed. Since I just had to know it!!!

Actually, I also just wanted to write a statement. But I can not. The fragrance is terrific.
Just now I sprayed it on and it was as if I was standing in a luxurious hotel.
I just arrived. It is already late, the air is only lukewarm and when entering the lobby this fragrance rises in this nose. An incomparable mixture.
Everything smells high-class. The staff, the rooms, the soap in the hotel room.
And at the same time, you still have the smell of the new car outside the entrance in your nose. The smell of new leather seats.
Leather gets more and more cagey and clear as time goes on. But always clean.

When I smell Ganymede, I don't think of tangerines, not osmanthus. No not at all of fragrance oils, but merely of the moment in which I enter this hotel, which I know only from memories and dreams.
I really did not expect.
I actually thought the leather note would ruin everything and therefore did not want to order the fragrance. But it's exactly the kind of leather I love. *New, fancy car*
Mhhh oh man I've already fallen in love with a scent I've only known for such a short time.
In the statements someone wrote: "Suits"
To which I reply, "Yes absolutely"
That's a perfect fit. I couldn't resist...
Gdog
*This is what outer space smells like*
The abandoned space station that was once built at the north pole of Ganymede - Jupiter's moon - floats lonely through space. No human has visited it in decades. It's too far a way back after humans crossed the borders of the solar system. Now the space station orbits Jupiter alone. To withstand the extreme weather on the icy moon, it has been built of hard stainless steel. The moon's iron core had provided enough resources to build the main hub from which humanity had ventured into the far reaches of the wave valley. Now an ice storm had been raging on the surface for a decade. The windows of the station have given way to the weather over the years. The wind alone still sweeps through the abandoned corridors. It carries with it a metallic smell, given off by the constant abrasion of the steel walls. Added to this is the incomparable smell of nothingness, as it only exists in the vast vacuum of space. If you take off the helmet of the space suit, it is the last thing you can smell before the remaining oxygen escapes from your lungs into the vastness of space.

- Oh Ganymede, what are you incomparable -

Hard to describe is this unique fragrance. He forms a light floral, berry, metallic accord. But he is not tangible. So must smell the universe, or maybe the air on earth, if you could smell it.

Ganymede is the largest moon of the solar system (thanks Wikipedia). Accordingly, the durability and sillage are also befitting the status. The fragrance is immediately present and does not change in the 10h, which he holds on my skin.

In my opinion, can be used for any occasion. One will stand out, but not aggressively, but the environment will rather wonder: "What do I actually smell there? Is that..., that can't be, ... yet it must be my counterpart." And then the conclusion can actually only be: "What an interesting and mysterious person he*s."

Unisex should fit. I would love to smell it on a woman. I imagine it would be fantastic. Probably the mainstream nose will scream more masculine, though.

Test the fragrance by all means and let me know what you think! :)

Best regards

Divine hero!
It reminds me of......Yeah, it definitely won't remind you of any scent you smelled before! It's that UNIQUE!

Ganymede by @marcantoinebarrois and @quentinbischperfumer is brilliant in every way! Why? First of all let's start with the name itself and the interesting connection with the notes in this composition.

In Greek mythology "Ganymede" or "Ganymedes" is a divine hero. He was described as the most beautiful of mortals so Zeus fell in love with his beauty and he abducted him up to Olympus to be his wine-pourer making him immortal.

That's very interesting to me considering that the two, most important and special notes in this scent are mineral notes and immortelle! Other notes are saffron, orpur, akigalawood, Chinese osmanthus, violet leaf and Italian mandarine.

I don't really need to speak about longevity because it's SUPERB! This scent will last all day and more! Sillage is heavy but no one will be offended by it. I guarantee!

I almost forgot to say, HUGE compliment getter!! Although I really don't care about compliments.
I wore it 10-15 times in the work place (I work in the hospital enviroment) and at family gatherings and there wasn't a time that somebody didn't ask me what am I wearing and commenting it is a beautiful fragrance. At one point, my superiors and family members begged me to write them down the name of the scent and the house! Never had such a great feedback with any other fragrance before??

Superb!
The stars between us
Ganymede is the kind of perfume where I keep telling myself how happy I am to have discovered perfume since the end of 2013. I signed up a few years later and still it feels like it was yesterday.
As you know (Wikipedia sends its regards) Ganymede is one of the moons of Jupiter. As soon as I order it, the question arises for me how to come up with this name? Maybe Marc-Antoine wants to tell us to go on a journey outside our earth and marvel at the universe. Or is it about Ganymede from Greek mythology?

Ganymede is kept quite simple, I can't perceive a course of events.
The two main components I perceive are saffron and immortelle. The rest is beautifully integrated, creating an aura that is salty and fresh with a slight spiciness. Superbly composed, Ganymede shows how it is possible today to create something unique with little that transforms the atmosphere around you for hours.
I can recommend that you all try this scent. You will not regret it

Frozen Ocean
Notes: Mandarin Orange, Saffron, Violet, Osmanthus, Akigalawood and Immortelle
Perfumer: Quentin Bisch

Finally Ganymede arrived and had to give it a full wearing. Ganymede is this year's winner of "Extraordinary Perfume" and "Best Perfume from an Independent Niche Brand" which is awarded by @fragrancefoundationuk

Ganymede opens with a vibrant Mandarin and Violet Leaf which makes the opening a sweet, citrusy, green aquatic scent. Soon the Mandarin dies down and gives way to Saffron and Osmanthus, which gives this fragrance the fruity element, mostly I detect peach here. A beautiful note of Suede Leather is also detect in this masterpiece.

Overall a beautiful, fascinating and an innovative fragrance.

Instagram @ovaissaleem_

an enigma
I purchased a decant of this in parfumo and I am quite puzzled because although I don't doubt the authenticity of the decant, the accord I get out of Ganymede is quite different from the raving reviews found in here. For instance, my brain recognizes a milky-inky accord with citrus accents, if it makes any sense, that lasts and lasts. At some point after 2-3 hours I also get a creamy latte tones. Either my brain plays wild games with this or my olfactory experience is indescribable. I am certain I have smelled this before in some other niche brand (Brecourt comes to mind but I cannot be sure). I only know that what I get from Ganymede is not appealing. I don't consider this a groundbreaking, unique, or amazing creation. There is progress to it but for me the joy is cut short early on. As I said ... an enigma!?

Unique...
Ganymed by Marc Antoine Barrois is a fragrance full of ozone, salt, herbs and trees. It subtly embraces, envelops, but does not overwhelm.

This fragrance is inspired by the Ganymede moon. A rocky satellite of Jupiter, discovered by Galileo in 1610.

Ganymede is said to be a windy moon covered with frozen salt water. But a shining one, as befits a satellite of a giant planet. And so is this perfume. It's an escape into space - the smell takes you on a long space journey to the land of happiness.

The refined son of B683
Ganymède is probably the greatest discovery of the year so far! An intriguing work of art by Quentin Bisch. It opens kind of mineral with fresh touches of what reminds me of green apple and wonderfully develops into a luxurious suède feel. It has a lot more going, but those are the main players for me. Longevity and sillage are enormous and what a lovely atomizer. Best of the best! A true gentleman’s fragrance that confident women can pull of as well!
Yatagan
Most beautiful of all mortals
Actually, I have made it a habit not to write any comments on fragrances for which esteemed pre-commentators, including Profumo, have already written everything.
In this case I would like to emphasize only what I would like to add.
What there is to say about Ganymede, supposedly the most beautiful of all mortals, as a mythological figure of Greek antiquity, you can read below at Profumo - or open the Wikipedia encyclopaedia virtually again. I recommend to read both texts!
As far as the fragrance is concerned, at first I see it in exactly the same way as Profumo: the saffron note with the violet makes me associate soft suede, I also smell a hint of curry, but so little that it doesn't bother me in any way, because curry is not one of my favourite smells, and the hay-like, dusty smell of Immortelle, which is always a bit reminiscent of the smell of dried flowers, is easy to identify. I think I'm well on the way to becoming a fan of Immortelle ("Immortelle Corse" by Parfum d'Empire; "Immortelle de Corse" by L'Occitane; "Tabac Tabou" by Parfum d'Empire; "Sables" by Goutal; "Une Nuit à Doha" by SHL; "The Afternoon of a Faun" by ELDO are recommended to you in a nutshell: maybe soon you'll find more information about this in a blog about Immortelle interpretations, because the flower is also excellent for men to wear).

But in fact, the scent immediately grabbed me because of another characteristic that cannot be grasped or identified, and that's what happened: When I first tested the scent, I first applied it to scent strips as usual. In general, I prefer to test on suitable paper because this is the only way to make an objective comparison and not to let too many other irritating factors such as stress and sweat, which can play a role in a test on skin, creep into the evaluation. But if I like or am fascinated by a scent, I also apply it to skin. In both cases, however, the result is basically the same as described above.
But this time I accidentally got a part of the spray on textile (by the way, I have tested it with different fabrics in the meantime) and so I could follow the development on my sleeve. I do this anyway often, because I rarely wear scents on my skin in everyday life, but mostly on textiles. But the result here was much more amazing than in other cases. First of all it was noticeable that the scent here develops excellently, which is not always the case. The durability was also somewhat astonishing. You could still notice it on my shirt the next day, even though I don't care at all, because I prefer lighter scents. But here, especially after a rather short time (about 15 minutes), an aromatic note developed, which reminded me strongly of men's fragrances of the past decades. This aromatic note used to be found more often in Fougères, but occasionally also in masculine chypre and many powerhouse fragrances and was long considered a fragrance in its own right (Aromatic-Fougères, for example, are "Azzaro pour Homme", "Drakkar Noir" or "Paco Rabanne pour Homme" and many others; for powerhouse representatives, you only have to open the catalogue of men's fragrances of the 80s). They all have a very masculine, aromatic, spicy and woody, slightly resinous and even floral note. Obviously the combination of the ingredients, which do not have to be listed completely in the above list, results in this classic men's signature, which is transferred into the 21st century with the beautiful Ganymede. Since I particularly appreciate fragrances that interpret classical elegance in a modern way, this fragrance seems to me to be a particularly successful blend.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
Initially spicy-citric, this bright green-metallic, yet salty floral-leathery Mid season fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Elegant, bright suede for James Bond. Masterpiece.
ExxellenceExxellence 9 months ago
Unique, elegant, fresh, very masculine. Classy leather suitable for every occasion and season. Overall an amazing parfum.
TombbbTombbb 9 months ago
Definitely tangerine in the opening. The rest is quite disappointing for me - all I can smell is soap. Not bad, but a victim of overhype

by Jan1991
by Parfuniverse
by Notirotirito
by Notirotirito

Popular Marc-Antoine Barrois

B683 (Eau de Parfum) by Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 (Extrait de Parfum) by Marc-Antoine Barrois