Ganymede by Marc-Antoine Barrois
Top 83 in Unisex Perfume
Ganymede is a popular perfume by Marc-Antoine Barrois for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesItalian mandarin orangeItalian mandarin orange
SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesVioletViolet
Osmanthus absoluteOsmanthus absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAkigalawood®Akigalawood®
Immortelle absoluteImmortelle absolute

Submitted by SirLancelot, last update on 16.10.2021.

Metallic, fine and unique
Starts with sweet soapy apple and mandarin after a short while in parallel to mandarin the metal accord start to appear, it’s too sharp and might be repelling to some extent but very artistic and interesting, as it unfolds, the fine leathery accord appears, and keeps with its herbal spiced on the surface.
very unique.
It’s reminds me of the metal workstation in my dads leather tanning factory. Bringing back nostalgic memories of the similar scent of that place with him.
Back to Ganymede, it’s Silage and longitivtiy is very good. Unisex it is indeed. The structure of the perfume very clear. It’s for spring, autumn and moderate summer times even for winter can perform. Important to mention that it smells different on wrist than on paper.
Finally I would say that not everyone might like it as I consider it different and artistic, I recommend to try it, enjoy the experience and the decide!
Upper class
I have rarely smelled a fragrance that creates a similar luxurious "upper class aura" around its (male) wearer, as this one does .....

In my mind's eye, I see myself in a $10M apartment on the Upper East Side.......floor-to-ceiling windows.......roof terrace overlooking the East River.......floors and closets made of the finest woods........leather furniture in muted masculine tones......soft and perfectly manicured......a Welton candle , set in black onyx, gives the room a pleasantly subtle-citrus scent atmosphere......

Everything in this apartment exudes calm, poise, serenity and effortless elegance.......

However, it's also a little chilly in these rooms......the host remains friendly aloof and always a little aloof and mysterious.......
Push Me to the Limit
Yeah, yeah, I admit it. I've been wanting a running partner again for a while. Since my good friend moved away some time ago and only occasionally stops by and does a lap with me, I'm almost only alone on the road. Sometimes that is quite nice, but it can also be really boring. Good Bastian seems to have guessed that and made sure that I not only get a colleague who accompanies me on my morning runs, but also chases me with a leather whip. Hello? I didn't want to compete anymore, did I? But first things first.

Yesterday landed here a fragrance mail from Basti, which I took only this morning before my almost obligatory running round under the magnifying glass. What had the good packed me this time? I unwrapped the sample tubes and there was immediately a pervasive, violently synthetic but also actually very pleasant scent in the air. One of the tubes, Ganymede, had not been 100% sealed. So I also had a droplet of it on the finger and this droplet ballasted what the stuff holds.

Actually, I wanted to turn a comfortable round in the direction of the neighboring village and back. Far from it. Already as I stepped in front of the front door at a cool 7 degrees above zero, hit me from this tiny droplet an olfactory broadside. It smelled very good, but whew, you can't run around the place with that, I thought to myself. For as nice as this Ganymede is, even this homeopathic dose reminds you of the olfactory comeuppance you get when you enter a duty free shop at the airport, when previously sprayed quite a few things from the category of fragrances for gentlemen and those who want to be. Poor passers-by. So what to do? Fine. Off into the woods, but here in this beautiful region that always means, as our colleague from Bavaria or Austria likes to say, "auffi."

This Ganymede did not leave my side. I admit, somehow I found the climbs a little easier than usual, because I got now and then a little blow with the leather whip, while with permanently saffron threads flew into the nostrils and burned there virtually. Things that I usually perceive very intensely while running, such as cow dung (unless, of course, I'm testing an oud scent) or slightly fermented apples in the meadow orchard (ok, unless I'm testing a zoologist), I could only glimpse for a short time today. Because the handsome fellow with the synthetic club was always right next to me and seemed to be yelling, "keep going, keep going, don't get distracted by nature and stuff." So I did as I was told and had to think in part of my former coach, who was not always kind to me both on and off the tartan track, but that's beside the point here.

In the end, I made it to about 300 meters of elevation with my companion, who often made me think of an annoying song by Helene Fischer or some other well-known pop singer, and I hadn't planned it that way. When I arrived puffing on the mountain, he stood grinning behind me and presented me that day first a few very pleasant, dark, masculine and yes - also sexy - scents. I was quite taken with the guy, but how on earth are you supposed to dose it more homeopathically? And even then you have to run first 40 minutes for your life, until he finally becomes trusting?

On the way back he withdrew then so slowly. I could finally again the forest with all its olfactory impressions on me work. Only here and there popped still a tiny breath of the leather saffron synthetic.

So should I actually want to compete again someday, Ganymede would definitely be an option. With all the unwashed clothes there maybe a little more than this homeopath dose. For once, this is a scent you can completely slip into an olfactory blasi with, if you so choose. Saffron, leather and above all synthetics you should definitely like. And yes, it really does not smell bad. But for me so much too much.

Many thanks to Basti for the kick in the butt this morning. Yeah, sometimes it doesn't hurt me. The view was great!
Sons and planets
Ganymede - I do not want to go too much into the mythology and all the bells and whistles, the previous speakers have already done and this better than I could. Nevertheless I would like to emphasize how beautiful I find the name - Ganymede - what a beautiful sounding name, especially beautiful for a fragrance! Besides the beauty of the sound, the meaning, or rather the legendary history of the name invites to thought games, interpretations and even reveries. Ganymede was probably abducted by Zeus, so something like a surprise adoption - And the largest moon of Jupiter was also called Ganymede. So I already associate two eras with this fragrance - the ancient world and the future in which we inhabit alien planets. These but probably very different eras were successfully worked out by the olfactory facets of Mr. Bisch wonderful.

Now but times in turn...

The flacon - is simple and elegant.
The calligraphy as well as the logo of Barrois paired with the golden base color of the glass bottle unite for me the opulence of ancient hedonism with the simplicity of minimalist modernism, a pinch of stardust and a touch of 1920s Artdeco. How fitting, then, that Ganymede should see its rise in the 2020s.... It almost seems a little like the bottle was designed back then for the perfume of the future. Like those drawings and pictures from the 60s like they imagine the 2000s, you know which ones I mean? Something like Perfume Fiction?!

And the atomizer is stunningly good, even large scale mist - pure love!

The scent - is fresh, woody, floral, cool, spicy, metallic ..... multi-faceted.
What does not read here everything, from "well woody fresh halt" to "smells like Indian curry" and "Magginote", or the medical impressions by the strawflower. And I have to admit - they are all right. For me, however, Ganymede is primarily fruity-floral with a lot of wood. I find it quite masculine, elegant and rounded. The (curry) saffron note is only perceived to a disturbing degree if you sniff directly at the spray point - in the sillage, it contributes to the completion of this unique and complex composition in contrast. Overall, I can understand many previous speakers and their associations - it also has something metallic about it, something futuristic, something that makes you think of Jupiter and the moon Ganymede, of stardust. Is this the smell of the universe, if it had a smell? Anyway, this fragrance is almost a paradox, because I also have the image of an ancient Greek/Roman temple, near a field of strawflowers in my mind's eye. Moreover, it smells somehow synthetic, not cheap, but the smell, it's novel and "spaced out" - as if it unites two worlds.
Nevertheless, or perhaps because of it, he awakens comforting feelings and a certain security and feel-good aura.
He is interesting, complex and mass appeal, a crowdpleaser and interesting nose flatterer. The best of both eras so to say.....
UntilDawn
One of the most beautiful fragrances with a big shortcoming
I love this scent, there is no other way to describe it than "simply pleasant". I associate it with warmth, exclusivity and also just a certain "smartness" and my first thought after the first few sprays was that this will be my signature scent. However, as became clear after only a few minutes, that was not to prove to be the case. Unfortunately, especially when I compare it to other fragrances, Ganymede is the epitome of a "skinscent". The sillage and longevity are just bad. Really bad. On my skin, it almost completely disappeared after half an hour and on clothes (cotton) it truly doesn't last much longer. Youtuber like Sebastian of smelling great fragrance reviews has tried to paraphrase it euphemistically with "Ganymede isn't verly loud ..."( to German:Ganymede is not very loud) but unfortunately this is a strong understatement.

Very very sad ...

Aleci
As extraordinary as dr. who?
Ganymede is the home planet of dr. who and full of mysteries. Does this fragrance also radiate something mystical?
Jain
Ganymede I perceive as leathery / masculine / spicy / woody vll even something oldscool.

Mystical maximum as it absolutely stands for itself and takes place far away from the mainstream.

With dosage be a little careful depending on the occasion.
In the office with 6-7 sprühstößen one will certainly make no friends.

All in all, a great fragrance for special occasions or a leather jacket outfit. With sweatpants and hoodie not quite as suitable but everyone as he likes it best since fragrances actually have no limitations.

Have a good time and stay healthy

A passing
This indeed reminds me of Abercrombie & Fitch stores (and shopping malls in general when they were a thing) a decade ago – aroma chemicals being pumped through the ventilation system and obnoxious, semi-naked dudes spraying Fierce all over the place. I have no desire to smell like one myself – aromachemicals being pumped through the ventilation system mixing with the smell of new clothing and obnoxious semi-naked dudes spritzing Fierce in the background. I can see fans of "blue" fragrances jumping all over this, as for myself – no, I prefer natural smelling fragrances and if I'm in a mood for something synthetic, I would take any Comme des Garcons fragrance over this. A big pass.
Mikadomann
Not a planet! - A favorite of the gods!
"Ganymede [...] is the third and largest of the four Galilean moons [...]" (Wikipedia)

"Ganymede, also Ganymedes is in Greek mythology a son of the Trojan king Tros and Callirrhoë [...] and the "fairest of mortals". He was loved by Zeus." (ibid.)

This must be how this fragrance came to be:

On the rock, half awake, half asleep, lies Ganymede.
Through heavy lids he sees how the noonday sun, in playful complicity with the silver leaves of the olive tree, paints patterns on his skin, as if its rays were light brushes and the shadow of leaves paint, which it dabs and throws and swirls.
His smile, which a moment ago was of his own beauty, falls dully from his lips, and sleep overtakes him in the midday heat.
On his skin on forehead and breast run glittering pearls; leaving, drying in the warmth, white traces. Were he to taste them, they would be salty - and sweet.

In his dream he sees himself standing on the white beach. Looking out to sea and into the distance. Far and far beyond still. He sees what all lies beyond it all. What to discover, what to fight, what to conquer, what to love and his feet stand firmer now in the sand.
Then he hears a rushing and a blowing in the distance.
A hundred storms seem to combine into one.
Then the clouds cluster, pile up, and join into the dark heavy cloth. Surround him. Blowing around him. Lay themselves over him.

Then there's silence.
Then he wakes up.
Then he lifts his eyelids.

On the stone, very near the eagle. His wings still spread from mighty flight and the last breeze still sounds rustling in his feathers.
Neither of them is startled. They don't need to be.
He is. And he is. Beautiful. Both.
Young manhood of one. God-kingly strength of the other.
Deep are the bird's eyes, and his gaze is on the man.
He leans on one arm, sinks his gaze into the bird's, and with a careless movement rises from his stone on which he has rested and dreamed.
Then he stands there.

And as if the movements of the two were one, the bird opens its wings and closes them around the man, encloses him, encloses him. And holds him. And time. And time. And time goes.

Then he opens his wings.
"Why are you crying, Ganymede?"
"Because from now on I'm a man."

"And why do you weep, Zeus?"
"Because from now on I don't want to be a god."

And both tears mingle on the ground.

That must have been how this fragrance came to be.
MalinLinnea
Ganymede, Ganymede - who are you?
The question could also be "to be or not to be?". In Ganymede by Marc-Antoine Barrois sound at first sight citrus accords (here mandarin) closely followed and quickly replaced by the smell of noble woods and well-groomed thick smooth leather (even if it is not explicitly mentioned in the fragrance pyramid).

Associations of a hotel lobby in the leather chairs, a British club (rather for men than for women) or a new car flare up.

Ganymede is not a delicately flattering or seductive fragrance, it is present - self-confident, but also restrained, powerful, yet always very stylish, somewhat snobbish, with quiet determination the room and the olfactory memory for itself.

Whether you like it or not, he remains in the memory.

For me, a.fragrance for men who know what they want or a - and this is in no way meant pejoratively - first-class, expensive room perfume that exudes style and cultivated hospitality and a house with an. exceptional fragrance shine
Insa
Arrive at the hotel in the evening and inhale the fragrance
Okay awesome! A thousand times better than I thought. Got me the bottling because of a video of Leniscents.
Actually, I'm currently trying not to buy so much perfume, but I did not know yet. The brand also not and the was so praised and here so well reviewed. Since I just had to know it!!!

Actually, I also just wanted to write a statement. But I can not. The fragrance is terrific.
Just now I sprayed it on and it was as if I was standing in a luxurious hotel.
I just arrived. It is already late, the air is only lukewarm and when entering the lobby this fragrance rises in this nose. An incomparable mixture.
Everything smells high-class. The staff, the rooms, the soap in the hotel room.
And at the same time, you still have the smell of the new car outside the entrance in your nose. The smell of new leather seats.
Leather gets more and more cagey and clear as time goes on. But always clean.

When I smell Ganymede, I don't think of tangerines, not osmanthus. No not at all of fragrance oils, but merely of the moment in which I enter this hotel, which I know only from memories and dreams.
I really did not expect.
I actually thought the leather note would ruin everything and therefore did not want to order the fragrance. But it's exactly the kind of leather I love. *New, fancy car*
Mhhh oh man I've already fallen in love with a scent I've only known for such a short time.
In the statements someone wrote: "Suits"
To which I reply, "Yes absolutely"
That's a perfect fit. I couldn't resist...

RisingChaosRisingChaos 9 days ago
Sparkling minerals, suede, slightly fruity. Metallic, alien. Clean + sterile, but like a cleanroom not a hospital. Intentionally synthetic.
Blako11Blako11 5 months ago
La luna de jupiter me conquistó el corazón. Que aroma tan especial...
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 12 months ago
Initially spicy-citric, this bright green-metallic, yet salty floral-leathery Mid season fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Elegant, bright suede for James Bond. Masterpiece.
ExxellenceExxellence 1 year ago
Unique, elegant, fresh, very masculine. Classy leather suitable for every occasion and season. Overall an amazing parfum.
TombbbTombbb 1 year ago
Definitely tangerine in the opening. The rest is quite disappointing for me - all I can smell is soap. Not bad, but a victim of overhype

by Jan1991
by Parfuniverse
by Notirotirito
by Notirotirito

Popular Marc-Antoine Barrois

B683 (Extrait de Parfum) by Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 (Eau de Parfum) by Marc-Antoine Barrois