Ganymede by Marc-Antoine Barrois
Top 70 in Unisex Perfume
Ganymede is a popular perfume by Marc-Antoine Barrois for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesItalian mandarin orangeItalian mandarin orange SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesVioletViolet Osmanthus absoluteOsmanthus absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAkigalawood®Akigalawood® Immortelle absoluteImmortelle absolute

Submitted by SirLancelot, last update on 26.05.2022.

Landshark321
Great fresh/dry intersection, highly versatile and well blended
Finally doing a proper sampling of the award-winning Ganymede (from Marc-Antoine Barrois), a fragrance I’ve smelled in passing a bunch of times at Perfumology but that I’d never properly worn on skin and given full attention. It has very complementary fresh and dry aspects, a sort of “fresh citrus and floral meets dry woods, resins, and leather,” with listed notes of mandarin, saffron, akigala wood, and suede, along with florals of osmanthus, immortelle, and violet. It has very slight bits of sweetness but I think the dry leathery quality is slightly more powerful, maybe like a 60/40, with similar balance in favor of freshness over dryness. The balance and blend are outstanding, though. It feels very complete, carefully considered, and does not veer off an any one direction too much, fostering a really pleasant experience that I more or less could see anyone wearing for any occasion, and it performs well.

Ganymede has EDP concentration and is priced at $210/115 for 100/30ml (the same as B683 EDP)= and is sold at great boutiques like Perfumology.

8 out of 10

Caliskana
it's like smelling a freshly cut metal
it's like you took a chainsaw (or the equivalent tool to saw metal) and you saw a piece of metal.
the metallic note is omnipresent. At first I found it pleasant, but after wearing a few times, i decided that I don't like that metal note in it.
Is it worth the hype ? hum.. not sure.
The bottle is not great, the sprayer is nice.
But the packaging is very weak !! it's like you're unboxing some cheap stuff

Authentic and original
When i try the first decant of this i really dint understand the smell but in my first impression was that i smell like a luxury plastic or kind of smell like a new car when your open it... by the time i also compare the smell like a luxury shopping mall and transport me to Dubai in my mind.
I really love this scent and i just past 3 week after buy the decant and remaind about 5 ml left; i decide buy the entire bottle from the shop of the decants, because this fragance is not easy to get and is not always available in the online shops...

Ebay for example or amazon you cant found this perfume.
If you have the opportunity to got it, blind buy.

Outrageous oddity
Perfume realmente curioso.
Notas y acordes nunca percibidos por mi en otros perfumes.
Las notas minerales evocan paisajes espáciales, metálicos pero agradables. Era la idea del diseñador y el perfumista.
Es un olor que gusta. Gran duración y fijación. Proyección bastante buena y, al menos en mi opinión, una experiencia olfativa más que interesante. Por su exclusivo aroma, algo a tener y disfrutar para todos los amantes de este mundo.
Mis notas favoritas son maderas, cuero, especias y oud suaves. Y sin tener estas notas, Ganymede me encanta.
Espero que os ayude.
Gracias y suerte.

Metallic, fine and unique
Starts with sweet soapy apple and mandarin after a short while in parallel to mandarin the metal accord start to appear, it’s too sharp and might be repelling to some extent but very artistic and interesting, as it unfolds, the fine leathery accord appears, and keeps with its herbal spiced on the surface.
very unique.
It’s reminds me of the metal workstation in my dads leather tanning factory. Bringing back nostalgic memories of the similar scent of that place with him.
Back to Ganymede, it’s Silage and longitivtiy is very good. Unisex it is indeed. The structure of the perfume very clear. It’s for spring, autumn and moderate summer times even for winter can perform. Important to mention that it smells different on wrist than on paper.
Finally I would say that not everyone might like it as I consider it different and artistic, I recommend to try it, enjoy the experience and the decide!
Upper class
I have rarely smelled a fragrance that creates a similar luxurious "upper class aura" around its (male) wearer, as this one does .....

In my mind's eye, I see myself in a $10M apartment on the Upper East Side.......floor-to-ceiling windows.......roof terrace overlooking the East River.......floors and closets made of the finest woods........leather furniture in muted masculine tones......soft and perfectly manicured......a Welton candle , set in black onyx, gives the room a pleasantly subtle-citrus scent atmosphere......

Everything in this apartment exudes calm, poise, serenity and effortless elegance.......

However, it's also a little chilly in these rooms......the host remains friendly aloof and always a little aloof and mysterious.......
Push Me to the Limit
Yeah, yeah, I admit it. I've been wanting a running partner again for a while. Since my good friend moved away some time ago and only occasionally stops by and does a lap with me, I'm almost only alone on the road. Sometimes that is quite nice, but it can also be really boring. Good Bastian seems to have guessed that and made sure that I not only get a colleague who accompanies me on my morning runs, but also chases me with a leather whip. Hello? I didn't want to compete anymore, did I? But first things first.

Yesterday landed here a fragrance mail from Basti, which I took only this morning before my almost obligatory running round under the magnifying glass. What had the good packed me this time? I unwrapped the sample tubes and there was immediately a pervasive, violently synthetic but also actually very pleasant scent in the air. One of the tubes, Ganymede, had not been 100% sealed. So I also had a droplet of it on the finger and this droplet ballasted what the stuff holds.

Actually, I wanted to turn a comfortable round in the direction of the neighboring village and back. Far from it. Already as I stepped in front of the front door at a cool 7 degrees above zero, hit me from this tiny droplet an olfactory broadside. It smelled very good, but whew, you can't run around the place with that, I thought to myself. For as nice as this Ganymede is, even this homeopathic dose reminds you of the olfactory comeuppance you get when you enter a duty free shop at the airport, when previously sprayed quite a few things from the category of fragrances for gentlemen and those who want to be. Poor passers-by. So what to do? Fine. Off into the woods, but here in this beautiful region that always means, as our colleague from Bavaria or Austria likes to say, "auffi."

This Ganymede did not leave my side. I admit, somehow I found the climbs a little easier than usual, because I got now and then a little blow with the leather whip, while with permanently saffron threads flew into the nostrils and burned there virtually. Things that I usually perceive very intensely while running, such as cow dung (unless, of course, I'm testing an oud scent) or slightly fermented apples in the meadow orchard (ok, unless I'm testing a zoologist), I could only glimpse for a short time today. Because the handsome fellow with the synthetic club was always right next to me and seemed to be yelling, "keep going, keep going, don't get distracted by nature and stuff." So I did as I was told and had to think in part of my former coach, who was not always kind to me both on and off the tartan track, but that's beside the point here.

In the end, I made it to about 300 meters of elevation with my companion, who often made me think of an annoying song by Helene Fischer or some other well-known pop singer, and I hadn't planned it that way. When I arrived puffing on the mountain, he stood grinning behind me and presented me that day first a few very pleasant, dark, masculine and yes - also sexy - scents. I was quite taken with the guy, but how on earth are you supposed to dose it more homeopathically? And even then you have to run first 40 minutes for your life, until he finally becomes trusting?

On the way back he withdrew then so slowly. I could finally again the forest with all its olfactory impressions on me work. Only here and there popped still a tiny breath of the leather saffron synthetic.

So should I actually want to compete again someday, Ganymede would definitely be an option. With all the unwashed clothes there maybe a little more than this homeopath dose. For once, this is a scent you can completely slip into an olfactory blasi with, if you so choose. Saffron, leather and above all synthetics you should definitely like. And yes, it really does not smell bad. But for me so much too much.

Many thanks to Basti for the kick in the butt this morning. Yeah, sometimes it doesn't hurt me. The view was great!
Sons and planets
Ganymede - I do not want to go too much into the mythology and all the bells and whistles, the previous speakers have already done and this better than I could. Nevertheless I would like to emphasize how beautiful I find the name - Ganymede - what a beautiful sounding name, especially beautiful for a fragrance! Besides the beauty of the sound, the meaning, or rather the legendary history of the name invites to thought games, interpretations and even reveries. Ganymede was probably abducted by Zeus, so something like a surprise adoption - And the largest moon of Jupiter was also called Ganymede. So I already associate two eras with this fragrance - the ancient world and the future in which we inhabit alien planets. These but probably very different eras were successfully worked out by the olfactory facets of Mr. Bisch wonderful.

Now but times in turn...

The flacon - is simple and elegant.
The calligraphy as well as the logo of Barrois paired with the golden base color of the glass bottle unite for me the opulence of ancient hedonism with the simplicity of minimalist modernism, a pinch of stardust and a touch of 1920s Artdeco. How fitting, then, that Ganymede should see its rise in the 2020s.... It almost seems a little like the bottle was designed back then for the perfume of the future. Like those drawings and pictures from the 60s like they imagine the 2000s, you know which ones I mean? Something like Perfume Fiction?!

And the atomizer is stunningly good, even large scale mist - pure love!

The scent - is fresh, woody, floral, cool, spicy, metallic ..... multi-faceted.
What does not read here everything, from "well woody fresh halt" to "smells like Indian curry" and "Magginote", or the medical impressions by the strawflower. And I have to admit - they are all right. For me, however, Ganymede is primarily fruity-floral with a lot of wood. I find it quite masculine, elegant and rounded. The (curry) saffron note is only perceived to a disturbing degree if you sniff directly at the spray point - in the sillage, it contributes to the completion of this unique and complex composition in contrast. Overall, I can understand many previous speakers and their associations - it also has something metallic about it, something futuristic, something that makes you think of Jupiter and the moon Ganymede, of stardust. Is this the smell of the universe, if it had a smell? Anyway, this fragrance is almost a paradox, because I also have the image of an ancient Greek/Roman temple, near a field of strawflowers in my mind's eye. Moreover, it smells somehow synthetic, not cheap, but the smell, it's novel and "spaced out" - as if it unites two worlds.
Nevertheless, or perhaps because of it, he awakens comforting feelings and a certain security and feel-good aura.
He is interesting, complex and mass appeal, a crowdpleaser and interesting nose flatterer. The best of both eras so to say.....
UntilDawn
One of the most beautiful fragrances with a big shortcoming
I love this scent, there is no other way to describe it than "simply pleasant". I associate it with warmth, exclusivity and also just a certain "smartness" and my first thought after the first few sprays was that this will be my signature scent. However, as became clear after only a few minutes, that was not to prove to be the case. Unfortunately, especially when I compare it to other fragrances, Ganymede is the epitome of a "skinscent". The sillage and longevity are just bad. Really bad. On my skin, it almost completely disappeared after half an hour and on clothes (cotton) it truly doesn't last much longer. Youtuber like Sebastian of smelling great fragrance reviews has tried to paraphrase it euphemistically with "Ganymede isn't verly loud ..."( to German:Ganymede is not very loud) but unfortunately this is a strong understatement.

Very very sad ...

Aleci
As extraordinary as dr. who?
Ganymede is the home planet of dr. who and full of mysteries. Does this fragrance also radiate something mystical?
Jain
Ganymede I perceive as leathery / masculine / spicy / woody vll even something oldscool.

Mystical maximum as it absolutely stands for itself and takes place far away from the mainstream.

With dosage be a little careful depending on the occasion.
In the office with 6-7 sprühstößen one will certainly make no friends.

All in all, a great fragrance for special occasions or a leather jacket outfit. With sweatpants and hoodie not quite as suitable but everyone as he likes it best since fragrances actually have no limitations.

Have a good time and stay healthy

Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 months ago
This is good if you are wearing Iron Man costume.
PallidusPallidus 3 months ago
Sharp, fresh, metallic, oceanic suede leather.
Alludes to high tech architecture and large scale minimalistic interior spaces.
LukbabLukbab 3 months ago
Gorgeous modern fresh scent. Similar (in first 2-3 hours) to Nishan Colognise, probably due to fruit and saffron. Love it!!!
ValentinTValentinT 4 months ago
Clean, fine, metallic, aquatic, fresh, professional, elegant. Great sillage and one of my upcoming purchases.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 5 months ago
What I can smell is basically metallic suede w/ sterile vibe, "medical" even. But it's not unpleasant, on the contrary, it's very addictive.
MickoMicko 5 months ago
Very unique perfume, very versatile. Mineral notes dominate. There is nothing like it on the market
RisingChaosRisingChaos 8 months ago
Sparkling minerals, suede, slightly fruity. Metallic, alien. Clean + sterile, but like a cleanroom not a hospital. Intentionally synthetic.
Blako11Blako11 1 year ago
La luna de jupiter me conquistó el corazón. Que aroma tan especial...
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
Initially spicy-citric, this bright green-metallic, yet salty floral-leathery Mid season fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Elegant, bright suede for James Bond. Masterpiece.

by Felsn
by Journey82
by CarlosXendi
by CarlosXendi

Popular by Marc-Antoine Barrois

B683 (Extrait de Parfum) by Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 (Eau de Parfum) by Marc-Antoine Barrois Encelade by Marc-Antoine Barrois