Curaçao 2011

Curaçao by Marc Jacobs
Curaçao is a perfume by Marc Jacobs for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty.

Yann Vasnier

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orangeBlood orange LimeLime
Heart Notes Heart NotesApricotApricot PearPear VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk White mossWhite moss

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.08.2020.

Bring on Summer!
My alternative to Light Blue (Dolce & Gabbana) and Light Clouds (Moschino).
I can smell blood orange and lime very well. After about 1 1/2 hours I can also smell violetts.
There is a fragrance component which reminds me of Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel. Maybe of is the aquatic part.
Curaçao is a very light scent. I cannot wait for hot summer days and the feeling of the descending mist of Curaçao on my skin.

Better than a BBW Body Spray
On days like today, 96F feels like 105F, I'm happy to have an assortment of large economy-sized splashes, including the latest three cocktails entries in the Marc Jacobs line-up. To my nose, CURACAO opens very refreshingly with citrus and what smells rather like vetiver, although oakmoss is listed among the notes and no other woods are named. Anyway, this is a very nice opening, which is great when you want a quick cooling pick-me-up.

That's basically the only time I wear CURACAO: having just returned from a walk home in oppressive heat, having ripped off all of my clothes and wanting to spray my body with a nice scent before lying down under a ceiling fan. After the opening, there is a sort of cucumberish-violet vibe which I've encountered in a couple of other fragrances. One is Tocca AMALFI, and the other is a member of the BBW Fragrant Waters collection (now discontinued, but they came in almost the same jugs as these splashes, so I'm still working through mine (-;).

I've worn CURACAO a couple of other times (not as a body spray but as a fragrance) and was not that thrilled with the drydown, which reminded me of the quality of the Salvatore Ferragamo INCANTO flankers. They always end up smelling more or less synthetic to me, depending on the day.

by Staerke
by Staerke

Popular by Marc Jacobs

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Perfect by Marc Jacobs Decadence by Marc Jacobs Rain by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Decadence Eau So Decadent by Marc Jacobs Cucumber by Marc Jacobs Bang by Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Intense by Marc Jacobs Daisy Love by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Pear by Marc Jacobs Cotton by Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! by Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau So Sweet by Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sorbet by Marc Jacobs Daisy Daze by Marc Jacobs Lola (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs