Decadence (2015)

Decadence by Marc Jacobs
Bottle Design: Sam O’Donahue (Established)

Decadence is a perfume by Marc Jacobs for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian plum, Saffron, Iris
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Jasmine sambac, Orris root
Base Notes Base NotesLiquid amber, Vetiver, Papyrus wood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.09.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Adriana Lima, photographed by Steven Meisel.

8.0 7.0 7.0 3.0/10

GirlofNow
Didn't really convince me!
Today I had to go shopping fast...And I just wanted to go to the perfumery... I don't know why I had the urge to test the scent of Marc Jacobs decadence today... I don't really know anything about myself. Either way, I sprayed the scent onto a test strip and took it with me:) When I smelled it for a moment I thought at first only wow okey... It was slightly sweet in the beginning, could perhaps come from the plum. Couple of minutes, later I had another test strip under my nose... I just thought okey this smell I know! It reminded me very much of Thierry Mugler's aura. For whatever reason, it smelled like aura 1 to 1! I'm not a big fan of Aura but this fragrance is special anyway! In the beginning I liked the scent already but then with time less and less. I couldn't smell a rose note so far unfortunately... Jasmine was very strongly present in this fragrance. I like it better when the jasmine is light and not strong to smell by scents... What I can say about that is for my taste the better aura! Aura is very, penetrating and has in the whole course of fragrance a stinging note you on permanently very annoyed me! So who loves green sweet scents will be very satisfied with this one! For me it is unfortunately nothing since I prefer oriental gourmand scents:))) But the bottle is beautiful and above all very decorative;))))) H+S is not bad either! As I said, you have to be able to like scents like that!
4.0 8.0 8.0/10

16paws
It depends on the inner values
Decadence is a fragrance that I didn't really notice because I don't like the packaging at all and I don't care about Mr Jacobs' fashion either. That's just not my style - too much of everything and too much "over". That's why the perfume was ticked off.

But somehow I stumbled over Decadence again and again. In passing I sprayed it on myself at Karstadt, sniffed it and ticked it off as nothing "special". But the scent seemed to haunt me. I read the comments here on Parfumo, looked at the scents and decided to give this stubborn fragrance a second chance as a filling in a neutral plastic atomizer
And what can I say ... detached from this kitschy hand bag atomizer, the scent could score. I receive a light peppery note, followed by a ripe plum with a hint of saffron. That meets my taste.

In addition there is a beautiful, fully blossomed and dark rose, which is softly ensnarled by jasmine. In the course of time it becomes powdery and I also mean to notice a hint of vanilla that combines with the amber notes. To round it off, Jacobs also relies on the almost classic combination of wood and rose. Always fits! I find it particularly beautiful that the plum rolls through the complete fragrance process and remains more or less present until the end.

Decadence is not a quiet step, nor is it a classic, elegant fragrance. He's present, loud, but not too loud. Never vulgar or vulgar. A mainstreamer - no question, but not cheap and by that I do not mean the price. Those who wear decadence are perceived and thus make a certain statement. Here I am! I'm staying here! Regardless in the back row? No, not if you're wearing decadence.

Mr. Jacobs created this fragrance for us ladies, which you can easily recognize by the bottle. I am of the opinion, however, that the gentlemen should also dare to approach Decadence. Absolutely!

With a shelf life of 10 to 12 hours there is absolutely nothing to complain about. Decadence is only relatively close to my body, which is due to my skin, which somehow absorbs fragrances and does not radiate them. Therefore I do not evaluate the silage in principle.
9.0 5.0 6.0 1.0/10

Sour and Off-Putting
Warning: Not a favorable review. I was recently in Sephora and saw the little bag of perfume and decided to try it on. I wasn't impressed with the initial spray and walked around shopping.The smell was getting more and more sour, turning minute-by-minute. Withing half an hour, it had turned into a rancid after-sex smell. You know the kind. Well, that can be good or bad, depending on where you wear the perfume and actually, how it starts out. But if the entire journey of it isn't good, for me, it's not purchase-worthy. The manager came on the floor, who is a friend of mine, and yelled over to me to come and test the new Marc Jacobs perfume because she needed my opinion. She told me that a number of her girls and herself felt there was a minty feel to it, but mint was not listed in the notes. Why was she getting that, she asked. I had no idea, judging from the notes, but I asked her to smell my wrist. She did, her eyes opened up, and she hesitated to say what she smelled. But she did say, "That doesn't smell good on you..." I asked her what does it remind you of?" She laughed and said "Sex". And then she asked how could that be? What I offered was that some perfumes have a certain chemical composition when mixed with a person's skin to produce certain aromas to create various effects. That was the easy answer. I explained that some of the earthiness came from the orris root, saffron and jasmine. Unfortunately, I didn't think this was what Marc Jacobs was going for. Imari Elixir and Agent Provocateur L'Agent have the same identical effect for me. On the up side, I think the bottle is different and I like it. Oh well, not every perfume will be a winner for everyone.

by BlueValkyrie
Die Inspiration ist vorbei, nun kann ich mich wieder an die Arbeit machen~ Stanislaw Afanasjew
by Sunshine00
by Nayeli
by 08dotti05
by 08dotti05

Popular Marc Jacobs

Decadence by Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Bang by Marc Jacobs Lola (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Rain by Marc Jacobs Dot (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! by Marc Jacobs Honey (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Bang Bang by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Men (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Cucumber by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Cotton by Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence by Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Forever (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Cranberry by Marc Jacobs Curaçao by Marc Jacobs