Decadence 2015

Decadence by Marc Jacobs
Bottle Design Sam O’Donahue (Established)
Decadence is a perfume by Marc Jacobs for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian plum, Saffron, Iris
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Jasmine sambac, Orris root
Base Notes Base NotesLiquidambar, Vetiver, Papyrus

Submitted by Michael, last update on 22.02.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Adriana Lima, photographed by Steven Meisel.

feeling confident
An irresistible, well-dressed woman in a blazer and high heels walks down the street, past the many cafes and bars. Heads turn in her direction and gazes stop at her. This woman is confident and aware of her impact. She doesn't let men chat her up but she takes what she wants. She doesn't need a protector because she has learned to take care of herself. Wrapped in this decadent scent, she feels sexy and exudes just that. With the sweet and spicy plum in her cleavage, she becomes biteable and piques the interest of the men (possibly women) around her.

....so at least I hope every woman feels when wearing this perfume. This is a fragrance for anyone who wants to feel confident and like a "boss babe". Once applied, it caresses its wearer all day and is also well perceived by others.
A fragrance that I personally like to wear very much to the colder season, when I'm in such a mood ;)
Batuhan
I need a gift...it was for me kdin decay
...it was in the winter more precisely in November 2018, I needed a gift for my sister (my only sister of five brothers), but not again something homemade or something cheap but I wanted to buy her a perfume, at that time I knew no perfumes (except Hugo Boss) and not at all Parfumo. I was still 17 so I took my pocket money (which wasn't much) and went into town, I walked through town and saw Douglas I didn't know if I could afford it but I dared.

But then, after not even a minute the staff spoke to me,

"are you looking for something specific", "do you need help" although I said no, they just did not go away, because I was alone, I felt uncomfortable, I felt watched so I was afraid, no idea why, maybe I was afraid that they think I would be a thief and I could no longer buy a gift? To this day I don't know.
Whatever, but then I collected myself and continued to look for perfumes I saw a bag in the form of a perfume, I smiled, because my sister loves bags, so I wanted to test it. PFfff ?? the first sprayer on the test strip
(the spray was so strong that I thought to myself only "please please the employees should not say now" you must not spray so much" " and fortunately no one said to me what, so I rph very vorsichtug dran, wow certainly is the expensive, pig expensive (it shot me through the head). Because it smelled so noble just too good. And suddenly...I felt completely different, no longer decadent?, I felt,
i was gaining my strength back?
Yes! I felt myself rising again.

Then I said inside "wow this is my perfume, this perfume saved me!" because I felt safe, comfortable, strong and horny I knew this is the perfume I have to buy, so I looked at the price tag and whassss?!!! How am I going to buy it...?

But then I saw the 30ml flakon was cheaper but still not cheap enough, but I wanted to have him necessarily, he smelled just too good, and at that moment, (fortunately) came a staff member to me and said "the marc jacobs decadence, is currently on sale" inside I was so happy and thought wow God loves me.

So I bought the perfume with about 20% discount I let it still pack and made me on the way home, I was so happy.
It was then finally so far on the birthday of my sister I was so excited how she will react, I was sure she will love it. And then it was time to open my gift, she opened the gift and just said "wow such a nice perfume" (she meant the bottle itself) and of course I said inside yes that's the one but then she sprayed it once and you should have seen her face, she just didn't like it?!!! At that moment I felt so shitty that I would rather be gone now, but then she started laughing and said that it was just a joke and that she liked it, puuuhh it was such a relief. It was really close, in the end she really liked it and well what can I say buy this perfume it is the hammer.

VG Batuhan

P.s manchmam I also use it and this is my very first comment so forgive me
Slytherin Common Room
Yes, I'm a big Harry Potter fan with an affiliation to the Gryffindor house, but I'd probably be a bit too brave to sneak into the Slytherin common room with the "bad boys" every now and then ;-) I also feel strongly drawn to this house with my characteristics like cunning, ambition and that I'm more of a lone wolf than a team player. In short, there are two hearts beating in my chest, and in Decadence too. He is wicked but self-confident, thereby attractive and at the same time unapproachable.
Since I wore this fragrance only recently, but he did not make it into my current top 5 (why you read below) I can still describe it quite well, even if I can not really smell out the individual notes.

At first glance, the handbag bottle promises a more pleasing, if not ordinary scent. However, if you take it in your hand, it exudes a certain coldness, heaviness and aloofness, just like the content itself is. You have to be brave for this scent (Gryffindor), and I even ordered it blind, just based on the scent notes, and sometimes I don't know if the scent isn't too evil for me (Slytherin)...
"Decadence doesn't go through much of a change for me. It's smoky, velvety, heavy, opulent, spicy, and floral. This stuff lasts from early to very late, has insane sillage, and I have absolutely nothing like it in my collection. As a signature scent, I can not imagine the best will to anyone, simply because it is so incredibly opulent and extraordinary. But exceptions confirm the rule, as is well known, and on this person I would be curious.
A spritz is perfectly enough, and I smell a smoky, but by no means cheap nightclub, even if I've never been to one. There are separees partitioned off with heavy, dark green velvet curtains, gold candlesticks on the walls that give only dim light. The drinks menu features only expensive and exclusive drinks like whiskey, rum, and liqueurs, all of them expensive, aged in old wooden barrels, and slightly spicy on the finish.
Late at night, "Decadence" is still present, but glistens at me there only from dangerous green eyes, hovered around by woody smoke, amber, and a rest of plum liqueur in hand. There he is somehow more pleasing, but still you have to be careful of him.
If I had to describe him in one word, it would be dangerous. Yes, somehow I'm afraid of this perfume, but on the other hand I put it on just when I want to keep people at a distance and feel anyway attack and belligerent :-D

Yeah, it definitely smells like that in the Slytherin common room. Come to the dark side of the force, we have "Decadence"...
My absolute favorite
I smelled this fragrance once, as late as 2018, and since then the scent has never left me. It's a perfect blend, the others say "Here I am, I can do everything, I'm confident, I'm beautiful". The fragrance is my absolute signature scent. It's a pity that this fragrance is part of mass production. I always buy it little by little.

I have often heard from people that this fragrance is meant for a woman over 40. I can not understand that at all. The scent smells grown-up, but also very seductive. I wore this fragrance when I was 18 and I still wear it today!
The fragrance can be used for evening occasions as well as for work. The fragrance also smells very expensive and fits best in my opinion a lioness.

When I smell the fragrance, I also think of a woman who was separated from the man and built a great life while he was still mourning her late at night.

All in all a wonderful fragrance. Plum is also very much to feel.
P.S. it's really worth buying.
The name is Program....
The name Decadence fits like a glove - the fragrance smells in my eyes (or better in my nose ;-)) expensive, elegant and sophisticated.

To me it smells very oriental and I always picture it on an attractive businesswoman in Dubai wearing it at the after-work clubbing.

It is absolutely special, I haven't smelled anything in the designer area that comes close to decadence - once you've smelled it, you'll recognize it always and everywhere!

Durability as well as silage are clearly above average, you really have to be careful not to overspray it.
Cucumber salad?
I tested the fragrance because of the bottle and it is actually the most disgusting one for me so far ;-). My impression after spraying was cucumber salad with clear dressing - I love "food scents", but not hearty ones - and this scent lasted quite long. Meanwhile it has developed into an artificial, not sweet "plastic scent". Not beautiful ;-)
Wrong game with Roger Rabbit
Los Angeles, 1947, nightclub Bunny Friends:

I enter the foyer of the exclusive nightclub...thick velvet curtains, heavy with brocade, separate me from you...the air is filled with smoke from cigars and yet I perceive your unmistakable scent, heavy and sweet like the plum liqueur you like so much.

The bartender Johnny behind the high gloss polished wooden counter has already discovered me. We know each other, he gives me the nod, "Roger as usual?" "Yes, Johnny, as usual!" He hands me your drink, plum brandy.
It shimmers like liquid amber... priceless and beautiful, like you!

The lights are off, the tension is rising...I see your silhouette, your lush curves are robbing men of their minds!

It's your turn, little Betty Boop, who was on before you, can hardly hold a candle to you.

Oh Jessica, you belong only to me, no other man shall desire you!
A spotlight shines on you, your appearance my beauty: Slowly, almost tenderly you begin to sway your hips, your singing is rough and sensual, your full red lips only whisper the words! But you can also be different, you are even often cheeky!

Your red hair falls down your back in long waves, it smells like roses and reminds me of our wild time in Bulgaria! Your black corsage can hardly cover your charms and the dark green, tight skirt shows more than it is able to hide.

Jessica, I am in distress!

I am not allowed to love you, since you are the main suspect in the murder case: death by overdose!

A man-consuming black widow...eyes as beautiful as emeralds and as deadly as pure poison.

I have to say, oh sweet Jessica, you can't escape me...your scent betrays you...it's the same sweet plum scent that hangs in the air at all death scenes and turns the heads of all men, this morbid society is at your feet.

Jessica, I'm sure you can charm them all and you will leave the courthouse as a free lady with a proud head...because we have no evidence...no fingerprints, no hair, nothing...only I know the truth!
Do we even have a future? Can we ever be happy?

Then, when you have cleared your name, I will find you and give you a try...in the meantime I will chase away the longing with your two sisters...you heard right, I can do it differently...

Your silly favorite, Roger

So, I couldn't leave my statement from back then, that's why the commi! ;-)
Ulli2
The hand bag must LIFE ....
Bruce Darnell spoke and this little handbag, shaped into a flacon, does it today
with their rich content full of radiant
Flavours .
These interlock finely, like this little chain serving as a handle!

The content had so enchanted me 5 years ago, it had to buzz me around with its decadence.

With a wonderful prelude to plum liqueur ,
Rose fragrance and iris !
Dimmed by fine wood fragrance
Brightened, fresh with sweet jasmine.
Noble amber to round off this cocktail lives
and pulsates.

Yes, a dream hovers around the wearer, sits down in
Scene, shows decadence! Naughty, erotic, touching Elegant flair !

Matching to insanely high stilettos, black seamed stockings ... green slit tight skirt!
White blouse , big black hat with quarter
Net veil and golden cigarette holder!
The performance of a diva ♥️
With this handbag
A success!!
Plum from the 80s
So this association with the 80s had really many.
So do I. :-)

FrauLohse has best summarized the fragrance in a commentary. Until it creates a bottle in my very clear collection, I must be already convinced. And that's me.

At the same time I had the Olympea Legend on it and plums can't present themselves here in a more different way: while the Legend is a creamy, sticky, heavy plum-milk rice dessert, which causes me personally with some ingredient almost nausea, the plum in the Decadence comes to a liana through a luxuriant dark green jungle swung and takes from there all elegance and woods and fragrant undertones with it.
I also don't know which note I'm getting from the 80s, the fragrance itself is really elegant, wild and unconventional. The dominant heart note mixes with the top note in my case, but there is a clear overhang.

Now a 50ml bottle has moved in with me and I am happy. :-)

PS: WHO the vulture came up with the idea of the tassel on the handbag belt??? Does she bother you as terribly as I do? Is constantly in the way, or hangs down in individual threads out of the cabinet.
But already very impressive, when the lid of a perfume is so lovingly individually wrapped in an extra cardboard box with extra toddle protection. :-)
GirlofNow
Didn't really convince me!
Today I had to go shopping fast...And I just wanted to go to the perfumery... I don't know why I had the urge to test the scent of Marc Jacobs decadence today... I don't really know anything about myself. Either way, I sprayed the scent onto a test strip and took it with me:) When I smelled it for a moment I thought at first only wow okey... It was slightly sweet in the beginning, could perhaps come from the plum. Couple of minutes, later I had another test strip under my nose... I just thought okey this smell I know! It reminded me very much of Thierry Mugler's aura. For whatever reason, it smelled like aura 1 to 1! I'm not a big fan of Aura but this fragrance is special anyway! In the beginning I liked the scent already but then with time less and less. I couldn't smell a rose note so far unfortunately... Jasmine was very strongly present in this fragrance. I like it better when the jasmine is light and not strong to smell by scents... What I can say about that is for my taste the better aura! Aura is very, penetrating and has in the whole course of fragrance a stinging note you on permanently very annoyed me! So who loves green sweet scents will be very satisfied with this one! For me it is unfortunately nothing since I prefer oriental gourmand scents:))) But the bottle is beautiful and above all very decorative;))))) H+S is not bad either! As I said, you have to be able to like scents like that!

by Sonnenwind
by Arlufkin
by 08dotti05
by 08dotti05

Popular Marc Jacobs

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs Rain by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Daisy (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Cucumber by Marc Jacobs Bang by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Decadence Eau So Decadent by Marc Jacobs Daisy Love by Marc Jacobs Cotton by Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! by Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (Eau de Toilette) by Marc Jacobs Pear by Marc Jacobs Lola (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sorbet by Marc Jacobs Amber by Marc Jacobs Bang Bang by Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Men by Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Forever (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs Honey (Eau de Parfum) by Marc Jacobs